The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #801
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Again, I would rather have the hunter have their shot than have them as a known innocent
Why? I like known innocents personally. Particularly ones the wolves are too scared to kill.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #802
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The fact that Sally just dropped this and apparently left without saying who her pick is does make me think she's more likely to be a wolf, at least. Still, really don't want to take the risk that she might be hunting me, since I've been at the top of her list for Days now.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-09-2020 at 02:46 PM. Reason: xed with Nog and Lalaith
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #803
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If we want to lynch somebody other than Sally, then who?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #804
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I don't think I have ever seen anything make as little sense as this post.

Very weird.
What do you mean? Makes perfect sense.

If Wolves learn about a known Hunter, then every time they have chance to kill them, there's the risk that one of them will be pulled to the grave along. But in numbers, a Hunter is just one innocent. A known innocent for the WWs but not-entirely-known for the village! And the WWs can pick any other victim to kill every Night. They have like over a dozen others to pick from!

If sally doesn't tell us NOW who she's hunting, I may vote her, seriously.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #805
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I don't want to vote Zil precisely because he's offered himself.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #806
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Thing is, if we lynch sally and she hits a wolf, we're one wolf down but we also loose an innocent. Whereas if we lynch a wolf instead -
Yeah, but listen. If we lynch anyone else, there's a chance they're just an ordo. With Sally, it's either a wolf or the hunter, who is the innocent losing whom can be a good thing for us. Unlike losing an ordo. Think it through. (I guess if you ignore how suspicious Sally is and that a real hunter would really consider before revealing it boils down to whether you want to take your chances with one extra person dying who might or might not be a wolf.)

edit: again xed, now I will breathe deep and catch up
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #807
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't like the idea of a last minute panic bandwaggon.

I don't like the idea of a last minute everybody-votes-everybody chaos.

I don't like any of this!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #808
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Salllllly!!!
Tell us!!!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #809
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And if sally hits an innocent we're down to innocents.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #810
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I could vote Eonwe, Inzil, Brinn or Lottie without feeling too bad. Though right now I am inclined to have Lottie at the bottom of that list because of her vote (if not for that vote she would probably be at the top).

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #811
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
For me, it's still between Zil and Sally. I would like to know who she's hunting though.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #812
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Yeah, but listen. If we lynch anyone else, there's a chance they're just an ordo. With Sally, it's either a wolf or the hunter, who is the innocent losing whom can be a good thing for us. Unlike losing an ordo. Think it through. (I guess if you ignore how suspicious Sally is and that a real hunter would really consider before revealing it boils down to whether you want to take your chances with one extra person dying who might or might not be a wolf.)
Unless we lynch the hunter who hunts an ordo, and then we're just down two innocents. And since she's been suspecting me and Pitch, and I know I'm innocent and Pitch is one of the people I trust the most right now, I really don't want to let her just kill one of us.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-09-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: xed since Lommy
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #813
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I don't like the idea of a last minute panic bandwaggon.

I don't like the idea of a last minute everybody-votes-everybody chaos.

I don't like any of this!
Concur.

And panic-wagon caused by the claimed hunter who promptly disappeared.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #814
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Just saying that Sally had the RL commitment and whatnot, but she clearly had enough time on her hands after her reveal to still post noncommital posts. And now silence. Nope. I'm voting her.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #815
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
And panic-wagon caused by the claimed hunter who promptly disappeared.
Exactly.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #816
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Just saying that Sally had the RL commitment and whatnot, but she clearly had enough time on her hands after her reveal to still post noncommital posts. And now silence. Nope. I'm voting her.
Lowkey really annoyed about this. Sally, I swear, if you are the hunter and you just didn't tell us who you're hunting, gonna be mad.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #817
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
What do you mean? Makes perfect sense.

If Wolves learn about a known Hunter, then every time they have chance to kill them, there's the risk that one of them will be pulled to the grave along. But in numbers, a Hunter is just one innocent. A known innocent for the WWs but not-entirely-known for the village! And the WWs can pick any other victim to kill every Night. They have like over a dozen others to pick from!

If sally doesn't tell us NOW who she's hunting, I may vote her, seriously.
I guess I don't see this as an actual problem for the village, at least not now (I accept that if a wolf does a counter-reveal in the closing stages of a game it might get messy, but that is it).

I completely agree that Sally has been acting odd with this reveal, but I think we have too much to loose by voting for her.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #818
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There would come a point where we'd QT Sally as the last possible wolf. But I'm more inclined to think she's a wolf the longer she goes without posting, so I'm more fine with QTing her, I guess. If she answers, it could be a lie anyway.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #819
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Again, I would rather have the hunter have their shot than have them as a known innocent
Why? I like known innocents personally. Particularly ones the wolves are too scared to kill.
You personally like known innocents, I personally like dead wolves, and I'm willing to take risks to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Hear, hear. See how some of you were suspecting Kit because she didn't die the second she made a rangerish comment. What do you honestly imagine would happen with Sally?

oh holy I just looked at clock!!!!

Let's take the Sally chance, no weird last minute things please!!!

edit: xed with a million people again
Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #820
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Unless it's a last-minute bandwaggon against Greenie. That I could live with.

My gut feels very strongly against lynching Inzil. Same with Boro, to be honest, to stick with my own list of suspects.

Lhuna perhaps?
Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #821
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
And if sally hits an innocent we're down to innocents.
Why would she, though? Why is it any likely that she would hit an innocent? She claims to be a Hunter! She should go after someone whose death would help the village. And if she misses, well, then it's simply as if she would have similarly likely missed had she been killed otherwise too.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #822
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Sally

DON'T HUNT ME. I am not a wolf.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #823
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm fallible like the rest of you. I'm hunting someone I find suspicious, but I could be wrong.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #824
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Seriously I think hunter Sally would play smarter than this.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #825
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Speaking of Lhuna et al, I "like" how half people haven't appeared at all.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #826
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm fallible like the rest of you. I'm hunting someone I find suspicious, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, she's a wolf.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #827
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Geeeez stop trolling!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #828
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Seriously I think hunter Sally would play smarter than this.
I'd love to, but I'm sick and busy.

I still have time to change my pick, so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #829
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

We're still relatively early in the game, so the chances of a hunter picking an innocent is relatively high and worth the risk for the wolves. It's in the end game that a hunter is very powerful.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #830
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
We're still relatively early in the game, so the chances of a hunter picking an innocent is relatively high and worth the risk for the wolves. It's in the end game that a hunter is very powerful.
Exactly my point!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #831
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok fine. Good luck if you're the Hunter Sally. So long if you're not. I'll miss your insouciance either way.
++ Sally
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #832
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
ok no. this nails it. A NAME? NO? THEN DIE AND CURSE IN VAIN
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #833
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

5 minutes guys

Do something!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #834
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

++sally

Her blood be on us and on our children.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #835
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Sally

-shrug emoji-
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #836
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm on the fence, but anybody who actually wants to save Sally goofed it up by not coming up with an alternative in time...
Old 05-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #837
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Topic for the next Day: "Who among those who abstained from voting (or voted when it matters no more) are Wolves, et cetera."
Old 05-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #838
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm on the fence, but anybody who actually wants to save Sally goofed it up by not coming up with an alternative in time...
Let's just kill Lottie and be safe.

I'm beyond giving a crap. Rude.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #839
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, since I only remember you mentioning that you suspect me and Pitch, I would like to remind you that we both voted for Huinwolf at a time when those votes meant he shot up in likelihood of being quarantined. Don't hunt either of us. There are WAY more suspicious people. The fact that you only mentioned us makes me like 90% sure you are a wolf, but if you're really the Hunter and you kill me, I swear, you will be so embarrassed.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #840
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Sally

If she's the hunter, I don't understand why she would not say her pick.

X-ed with a bunch of posts