The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #121
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
We humble stone-cutters need to work, even with the curse of the werewolves hanging over our heads. But I've done my best to keep up. Here are my observations:

Why would Boromir88 be so brash and abrasive, knowing that the mob is hungry and fearful and the rope is near?

Why would Anguirel be so quick to offer a neck? If he truly is innocent, his death gains us nothing except to draw the wolves one step nearer to victory, as littlemanpoet has spoken truly. He is either a fool or a wolf.

On the other hand, lmp talks much but says little. I'm not sure I'm buying this little back-and-forth thing he's got going with Feanor, either. Their banter has more bark than bite, and though they seem to want to project an antagonism between themselves, they've both shied from real accusations of the other until called out by Boromir88.

Of course the quiet ones are also suspects, but I think they're less likely to be wolves than the vocal ones. Wolves wouldn't want to draw such obvious and sudden suspicion on themselves.

The most obviously innocent villagers are myself and Esty... we've never been in a werewolf-afflicted village. So if anyone needs to hear me say it -- I am innocent.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #122
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye

++Cailin

She seems most suspicious to me. I'll explain why. She's done enough to keep visible but not so much to stir the waters though she did give an unexpected vote for Eomer. Another thing for her and others is that she doesn't seem overly suspicious and on day one that seems to be the most likely wolf, if you follow me. What I am meaning is that on this day it's very easy for the wolves to avoid suspicion and therefore those who look most guilty are probably not and those who look fairly innocent could be the opposite. I know this doesn't make much sense in written form but in my muddled head it's rather clear.

That being said I found Formendacil's reaction to Boromir's vote rather interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
So, I'll probably be on again, but there's a possibility I won't and I'm going to vote for...

++Formendacil

I find this deeply insulting...

Mainly because I don't think that there's any reason to pick on me rather than anybody else. As for picking on LMP, I wasn't saying I was GOING to vote for him, but merely that, with a lack of any sort of evidence, I may as well pick on him for his offensive lifestyle...
Seemed to rustle his feathers a bit...or should I say fur. I really considered voting for him today though I possibly will do it tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #123
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I've found a couple things that may or may not be what Eomer & Mormegil were talking about. I'm not going to mention them either.

But I am going to bring this up: while all of us post to the board about our suspicions, remember that the werewolves are talking with each other behind our backs, setting up the next step in their dire plot to thoroughly confound the innocents amongst us. Okay, so I'm slow for not fully taking to this reality until right now, but now I'm looking square at that reality, and it really makes our situation dire. Think about it. The whole time the innocents are reading these posts, the werewolves are PMing back and forth to each other, laying out the next step of who is going to say what and why, and what effect they hope to achieve by it.

Back to Eomer's & Mormegil's little bit of cahooting. The key posts are #41 - 51. If what Eomer is talking about has any basis in innocence, then there's something in there that must be read carefully, remembering that the werewolves can PM each other at will. If so, then one or more of the following people need to be looked at very, very carefully: Cailin, Anguirel, Esty, Firefoot, and Boromir. It could be, however, that Eomer & Mormegil are in fact werewolves who are plotting this nasty little distractor to get us all fishy and wondering what's being said in there while there's absolutely nothing, and we're off looking at the above named in vain.

I don't consider myself to be quite as astute as Eomer & Mormegil in picking up on the kinds of things they claim to have found. Therefore, maybe there's something there and I'm not seeing it; or, maybe there's nothing there and these two are werewolves. If I'm dead in the morning, it may be worthwhile taking a good hard look at these two, but then maybe the real werewolves will kill me off hoping to cast suspicion on them while they're innocent. So I don't know. But I just wanted to raise the issue.

I haven't had a chance to read Shelob's and Mister Underhill's posts yet, though it's not a true cross-post.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #124
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am willing to accept Shelob's defense for being away. She's on my watchlist, but I'm not overly suspicious of her.

I'm giving Mr. Underhill the benefit of the doubt right now. What other people are saying about him being smarter than he's showing is definitely ringing a bell, and I wholly disagree with his statement that because he and Esty are new to the game then they are innocent. However, he doesn't seem lynch-worthy to me yet.

If Fea and LMP are both wolves, then they are bluffing mightily. I wouldn't put it past either of them - far from it - but I'm not convinced that both of them are wolves. One, quite possibly, but both, hm, I don't think so. And there's really not a lot of evidence to support either of them being wolves.

Formendacil still is not sitting right with me. Like Morm, I found his reaction to the vote for him quite odd - a bit of an overreaction, which is something I look for in wolves.

If Boromir is a wolf, he's playing a very bold game. He seems to be very flippant for being so close to the noose, which would be very good werewolf strategy, but I guess I'd expect a bit more of an edge to his posts. He's edging up on my watchlist, but I'm not ready to vote for him.

Cailin is behaving a little oddly. She hi-lites two suspects of hers in her post (myself and Esty), then pulls a blinder and votes for Eomer for "no reason." Um... right.

I just realized I didn't actually give any personal feelings about TGWBS in my analysis post. So here goes: He doesn't seem particularly suspicious, but I'd like to see something of substance from him. He really hasn't said a whole lot except to declare his innocent and to say that the people who hadn't said anything were irritating.

And I'm still suspicious of Ang - he seems to say a lot, but there's not a whole lot of substance to his posts. I really can't say I have an idea of what he thinks.

So revised list: Formendacil and Cailin, followed by Fea, LMP, Boromir, and Ang.

Edit: cross-posting with LMP
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #125
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, I'm off to bed. This vote is hard - six people seem suspicious to me, but none of them seem to say "wolf!"

++Cailin

She just seems the most suspicious to me, right now.

Shelob - 2 (Esty 2, TGWBS 3)
Eomer - 1 (Cailin 4)
Boromir - 2 (Anguirel 1, Eomer 5)
Formendacil - 1 (Boromir 6)
Mr. Underhill - 1 (Formendacil 7)
Anguirel - 1 (Shelob 8)
Cailin - 2 (Mormegil 9, Firefoot 10)

The number by everyone's name is the order they voted in. With five people left to vote, this is still wide open. Vote wisely.

Last edited by Firefoot; 10-18-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #126
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand

Spreading out votes is a good thing but I am fairly convinced that having 7 people in the first mix is good enough of a mix. We probably have at least one wolf in that list that Firefoot provided. I am not attempting to dictate to anybody how they should vote but consider that when voting, so I would recommend that unless those who have a vote left strongly suspect somebody not on the list the vote for somebody already on the list.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #127
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Boro's got two...Anguirel's from post#66 as well.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #128
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I need to go to bed. So this'll be my vote post. I take back my "official list of suspects" because it was meant to garner reaction, and didn't really. I probably did it too late in the day. That said, Mister Underhill's defense is not convincing to me either.

As I said earlier, either Eomer & Morm are werewolves plotting, or they're on to something and it behooves us to try and figure out what.

I'm willing to vote with the current assumption that Shelob, Morm, Eomer, Fea, Esty, Boromir, & Firefoot are innocent, and that Anguirel, Mister Underhill, Guy, Cailin, Formy, and Enca seem less than completely convincing and trustworthy. Lhuna hasn't shown up yet. Of those who seem untrustworthy to me, Anguirel and Cailin are those who posted between #41 & 51. A few of you have pointed out that Cailin and Anguirel both seem to be saying things without saying much. Of those two, Cailin has 2 votes to Anguirel's 1. There are too many people with 2 votes each, and I don't want to see a double lynching. So:

++Cailin

I'm sorry if you are innocent, Cailin. Someone has to die.

Edit: cross-posted with Morm and Shelob, but I was thinking that way anyway.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-18-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #129
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Shelob - thanks for pointing that out, I thought Boromir had two votes but couldn't find the other. I fixed it.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #130
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Though I'd revise it.

Eomer - 1 (Cailin 4)
Boromir - 2 (Anguirel 1, Eomer 5)
Anguirel - 1 (Shelob 8)
Cailin - 3 (Mormegil 9, Firefoot 10, LMP 11)

11 total votes and I believe 4 to go, I believe.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #131
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In which I say that nearly everyone is behaving a tad suspiciously in some way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Also I realized I forgot to mention Encaitare, so insert her name in place of Firefoot's in my previous post. She's another quiet one.
OOC Statement: Like Shelob, I have had RL conflicts, and am likely to consistantly post only a few times a day. Please do not take my silence as indicative of guilt -- believe me, I'd rather be on the Downs than running around to various places and doing homework! I am therefore trying to make my few posts substantial (and loud, to make King Phantom happy. )</OOCness>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
You know... I think I'd like to see Encaitare get lynched. It would just make my day.
Interesting that you should make this statement and then say that you are actually suspicious of LMP and Boromir.

It's difficult to make logical accusations on Day 1. These are my thoughts for now.

Shelob - Silent for most of the day, but as we share a similar predicament, I understand her plight. No suspicion at present.

mormegil - He came up with a plan, albeit a confusing one. Most likely he's innocent, but it's possible that he knew the plan would be rejected and proposed it under the guise of helpfulness.

Cailín - I have to wonder why she voted for Eomer, though she did attribute it to nothing more than randomness and a vague suspicion, which is pretty much what we're all going on today.

the guy who be short - His immediate assertion that he is not a wolf seems a bit iffy to me -- but then again, would a wolf make that kind of slip? It could have been an honest statement, or a wolf's careless mistake. I would credit TGWBS as being too clever to make slips like that, but then again, nobody's perfect.

Anguirel - As I said earlier, he could be innocent, or he could be a bluffing wolf. He is almost definitely not a gifted, because a gifted would not offer himself to die. He could be a safe lynch victim in that respect. I know I said that his death would not be helpful in catching a wolf if he was innocent, but with the interest of not killing off our gifteds, Seer especially, I may vote for him. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Encaitare - Well, gosh, I know I'm innocent.

Boromir88 - seems very irreverent about the whole thing. Plus, he's rather rude, but that's in character. The whole attitude could be a bold bluff.

Firefoot - Her arguments seem logical, and I am not suspicious of her right now.

Lhunardawen - Nothing to go on, really.

littlemanpoet - I don't like his attitude towards us ladies, but that's just his character, so I am willing to let that slide.

Feanor of the Peredhil - I'd like to know why she wants me lynched. Could just be that she, out of her silly sense of humor, would find it amusing. She claims to have found "either two known innocent, or two known wolves". For such an outright statement, I doubt she's the Seer. But I have to wonder what she thinks she knows. Perhaps these two are LMP and B88, whom she later said she suspects.

Eomer of the Rohirrim - The real information in his posts is flanked by in-character commentary. Perhaps it's a little overused? No real suspicion, however.

Formendacil - was "deeply insulted" by an accusation. Could just be the traditional first-day response to an accusation, could be a little more defensive. Yet he voted for Mr. Underhill, and although I don't think I'll do the same, I agree with his reasoning.

Estelyn Telcontar - I'm used to seeing Esty taking charge and getting things done. As a new player, I can understand how she's on the quiet side... but even so, I'd like to hear more from her.

Mister Underhill - Formendacil mentioned before that he is very intelligent and seems to be "playing dumb". Could be lupine behavior.

No doubt I have cross-posted with someone while composing this post. I shall read any other responses and vote shortly.

EDIT: Yep, cross-posted with LMP, Firefoot, and Mormegil.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:06 PM   #132
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, it seems no one else has anything to say at present, so I am going to go ahead and cast my vote. My reasoning has been mentioned in the previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Anguirel - As I said earlier, he could be innocent, or he could be a bluffing wolf. He is almost definitely not a gifted, because a gifted would not offer himself to die. He could be a safe lynch victim in that respect. I know I said that his death would not be helpful in catching a wolf if he was innocent, but with the interest of not killing off our gifteds, Seer especially, I may vote for him. Better safe than sorry, I guess.
++ANGUIREL
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #133
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Unfortunately, my time is constrained too, especially today, so people shouldn't read too much into my infrequent posting. It's all I can do to keep up with reading the thread at this pace. I'm also a new villager among experienced veterans, feeling my way.

Wish I had more time for analysis, but the deadline draweth nigh. I'll vote:

+ + Anguirel

He's offered himself, so it's either a safe vote or I'm calling his wolfish bluff.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 PM   #134
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

*comes in panting*

Oh goodness, I overslept! My apologies, dear fellow villagers (and hidden werewolves). I've had a lot to heal the day before (physically and emotionally - my, are there a lot of heartbroken people in the land!) and was overcome by such a weariness you could not even imagine. Thank you all for not casting any vote against me for this reason. (tgwbs: Me? Different timezone? What gave you that idea? But it's rather interesting, to say the least.)

Poor Lord Phantom. Had those despicable minions of the Dark Lord even given us the body of that endearing person I would have done my best to resuscitate him. He is who we really need as such a time as this. But then again, that was why he was brutally murdered in the first place.

Ah, and what's this? Suspicion against my effectiveness thrown my way? Well, well, Boromir, you have to admit that those warts stopped pestering you after the amputation.

From what I've been hearing for the past Day I must say that the voting is going really well; the more votees there are, the more information we can glean for the coming Days. It would be inevitable for a fellow innocent to be lynched in the process, but what must be done must be done.

Now, for my observations.

I am rather touched by Anguirel's defense of Esty. But he could very easily be a werewolf hiding behind this noble act.

Boromir88 is just wolvish...too wolvish, I must say. He could be merely a misguided innocent, or one in need of my healing, or a lycan hiding out in the open. I will keep my eyes on him - unless he is lynched toDay, that is.

I'm not certain what to make out of tgwbs and Esty voting for silent Shelob. Pouncing upon a defenseless villager is very suspicious. Maybe the fact that Esty is a newcomer to this village can be used in her defense, but maybe not. It won't be fair to vote for her just yet. As for tgwbs following suit...hmm.

lmp is being very scary in his barely concealed desire to get Esty and Fea alone.

Fea is being...Fea.

As my poor brain is still trying to wake itself up, I am not yet ready for any critical actions, in this case to vote. While there is time to spare I'll try to nudge this convoluted thing inside my cranium awake and be done with this.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #135
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alright...A couple of points before I must go.

1. Firefoot, thanks for saying you trust my innocene. However I note I'm still on your watch list, that's exactly the problem I'm in...innocent enough not to be lynched suspicious enough that the wolves won't kill me. Watch, good odds that I survive the night and am the cause of nothing but circular discussion upon the morrow.

2. Anguirel and Cailin are tied now, 3 for 3. I suggest either someone breaks the tie or adds me to it (incidently, if I seem somewhat suicidal today it's mostly because I've just realized I have another college visit which will knock me out the discussions on DAY 2...and I'd much rather go out on my own terms than because I "was being too quiet")

3. Voting, with M'lord Phantom's decree that in a case of a more-than-two way tie the first and last person to reach the tied number of votes are lynched it would right now be either Cailin and Anguirel, one or the other (of one's placed ahead) or one of them (Cailin as is now, possibly Anguirel if the votes could work out) and then either Boro or myself (since we're both now a vote short of the current tie)...depending on how that turns out we're going to have to consider and deduce the most advantagous places for wolves to have voted (even if it turns out to be early, and for someone completely different)

4. I've now moved Firefoot up somewhat on my list of suspicions...
>In my mind there's nothing to be gained by not lynching someone who asks to die. If we go into the Day saying "if someone asks to be killed we'll kill them" we make it impossible for anyone to try and double-double bluff their way to innocence. Look at it this way, a wolf comes into the day saying "I'll ask to be lynched. Clearly no wolf would ask for something so suicidal so they'll assume I'm innocent and I'll survive." Makes sense, right? Well if we're all coming in saying "If you ask to be lynched you'll be lynched" they can't do that.
>Working from that, and combining it with my belief that the wolves will want to keep me alive so as to act as an "unknown" and wolf-shield it makes even less sense to want to keep me around...you're playing right into the wolf's assumption that anyone asking to be killed will be assumed innocent and therefore not killed...
>I know Firefoot's not alone, a couple of you have expressed ideas saying "She wants us to kill her, no wolves want us to kill them, ergo she's innocent ergo we don't kill her"...Firefoot's just getting named because, well, because she commented on it first and I'm too tired to look up the rest of you...but you know who you are...and, presumably, the rest of you can go look them up yourselves...

Finally, as much as I'm asking to be killed, I understand the need to hunt down wolves rather than lynch "known" innocents (note the quotation marks, I strongly believe that except to the seer and wolves nobody actually knows another person to be innocent until said-suspected-person ceases to be, well, and the ranger--if their save worked, but that doesn't apply to us yet) for this reason if you decide to keep me alive into the next DAY of our hunt I will try to add what I can, though it'll likely only be an early comment and early vote...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 PM   #136
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Interesting that you should make this statement
Well I'm just an interesting sort of girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encai
Could just be that she, out of her silly sense of humor, would find it amusing.
*nods* mhm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai
Perhaps these two are LMP and B88, whom she later said she suspects.
No.

I feel that I should reiterate this point.... No. At no point have I felt them to be innocent. Less than guilty, maybe, but I do not pretend to be confident about them at all.

Now...

Form[h]endacil votes for UndMistererhill votes for el Anguir votes for B88 (just so you know, I put those 8s in the wrong order) votes for Formy. My circular argument works!!!

Ahem. Sorry. Shall I be more serious?

I think I'll vote B88 tonight, due to the fact that he works too much like me, and I make myself nervous. Seriously, if I was playing with me in a game, I'd be the first to bandwagon myself. But I've got a while yet... I don't plan on going to bed until about 1:30, which conveniently coincides with the end of the day. That means that I can hold my vote to make sure no funny business happens. And just so y'all don't think I'm a wolf holding out so's I can seal an innocent's fate... I'm a college student. You know... when I'm not doing my wenching. I'm up that late any how, so I may as well take full advantage of my time. If I happen to accidentally kill an innocent... you'll have my sincerest regret, but I assure you that it won't be because I maliciously stayed up past my bed time to do it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #137
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So I've noticed a mistake on my own part: of all of the villagers, only two of us haven't voted yet... myself, and Lhuna.
And since I have nothing against both Boromir88 and Anguirel dying, I must admit to not minding doing this:

++Boromir88

I'm not at all sure about Anguirel, but I'd really be a lot more comfortable without Boromir. I'm sure I already explained it quite clearly with my explanation of how I'd make it a point to kill myself. I can survive without Anguirel as so many other people have expressed suspicion.

I'm not sure what Lhuna will do with her vote, but I can't think about that at the moment. Since you'll all probably speculate on what changed my mind about staying up, I'll keep it short but tell you: my breathing skills just went on holiday, which worries me. Also, my morning injury of managing to hit myself in the shoulder blade with my own car door has caught up with me and hurts. So I'm going to bed. Nighty night.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #138
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Eomer - 1 (Cailin 4)
Boromir - 3 (Anguirel 1, Eomer 5, Feanor 14)
Anguirel - 3 (Shelob 8, Encaitarë 12, Mister Underhill 13)

So the last vote for the first Day falls on me.

With a triple-tie to deal with. Thanks a lot, guys.

I tell you that I will not be help responsible for the outcome. How could you put me in such a situation as this?!

*deep, deep sigh*

I'll be back.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #139
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

I see no reason as yet for Cailín to receive my vote. Boromir88 is too suspicious to be true, and is worth watching. Therefore, much as I adore his chivalry, my vote shall be cast hence:

++ANGUIREL

*gets a basin of water and washes hands vigorously*
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #140
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well I believe all votes are cast and though I may be wrong it was something that I say in Anguirel early on. It was his constant talk of the seer and telling the seer how to behave that caught me off guard. It seemed that he was telling the seer to do nothing but sit and make no accusation or defense at this stage thus revealing the seer. Now that might not have been what Eomer saw but that is what I saw. Now what could it mean? I'm guessing that he's either a wolf or the seer and that's why I didn't say anything about it before, if he was the seer I didn't want to point it out. My plan was to wait and see, I would keep my eye on him and assess when more information was to be had. If Eomer saw this too his plan seems to be the same as mine. So I am somewhat saddened that Anguirel is going today and hope that whatever he is it's not the seer.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #141
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye Day 1 Is Over

Post coming soon....
Old 10-18-2005, 11:46 PM   #142
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye End Of Day One

Day one in Erbar Telamarth was like Day One in every other village that wolves had ever infiltrated- it was a shot in the dark.

"Let's lynch the most suspicious villager," said someone who was not very suspicious.

"No, we should lynch a random villager," suggested a suspicious villager.

"No, that's a terrible idea!" objected several random villagers.

Cailin, who was overly optimistic and possibly a bit off her rocker, unhelpfully suggested, "We should lynch a werewolf!"

"We're probably going to end up accidentally lynching our Seer," moaned Shelob, who was prone to pessimism.

"No, we'll probably end up double lynching the Seer and the Hunter and the Hunter will take down the Ranger with him," whined Encaitare, who was even more pessimistic than Shelob.

"Well- I say we lynch the quietest person!" yelled littlemanpoet, who had been awfully talkative.

"No way. The wolves are probably all loud and they are trying to push us around," returned Mister Underhill. "Let's lynch a loud person."

"I say we lynch the person with the smelliest job!" bellowed the guy who be short, looking pointedly at Formendacil.

Formendacil glared at the dwarf, and shot back "Well, I say we lynch the shortest!"

"You're ALL a bunch of MORONS!" screamed Boromir, insulting the entire village for the umpteenth time that day.

"I wish you'd stop needling everyone!" chided Esty, the seamstress.

"I think we should lynch Esty for trying to be punny," offered Anguirel.

"Oh, don't be so knit-picky!" said Esty.

Everyone groaned.

Amid the confusion of the village, someone asked, "Is there a reason not to lynch Anguirel?"

Eager to be off to bed, the other villagers quickly decided that there was not a reason not to lynch him.

"Well, I guess this serves me right for offering myself to be lynched," muttered Anguirel, the noble knight errant, as he was tied up.

"Will you at least give me a swift, clean death... you know... don't beat me or anything, like has happened in other villages?"

The villagers talked it over and agreed that, as the cream of the crop, they should conduct themselves in a noble manner during all lynchings.

"But if Ang's a wolf, won't we really regret not being mean to him?" asked Lhuna.

"Lhuna's right!" shouted one villager.

"Let's get him!!"

Everyone grabbed a blunt item and proceeded to beat the poor, defenseless knight into pulp. Old boards, fire pokers, golden scepters, and the jawbone of a donkey all left their marks upon the knight's completely human body.

DEAD
  • the phantom (moderator)
  • Anguirel (ordinary)

Score: Innocents- 11, Wolves- 3

No one is to post on this thread until Day Two has started.

Wolves, Seer, Hunter, Ranger- I need your picks by 12:30 AM EST.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-19-2005 at 12:01 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #143
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Night 2...

The orcs had cut down the lone tree on Bald Hill and turned it into a crude throne. Sauron sat upon it, staring towards the village.

"How are things going down there?" asked Mortakh.

"The first day went well," Sauron answered. "The villagers lynched one of the wisest and noble men they had- a knight, no less. He could've given us quite a bit of trouble."

"He certainly won't now!" cackled the orc captain. "And he- what is it, Lord Sauron?!"

Sauron, who had suddenly stood to his feet, said nothing for quite some time. Finally, he muttered, "Things aren't going quite so well tonight."

Last edited by the phantom; 10-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 PM   #144
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Night 2 in the village...

The three wolves emerged from Eomer of the Rohirrim's house. They had gone there intending to kill him, but he wasn't at home for some reason, so they started sniffing around outside trying to pick up his trail.

One of the wolves gave a low grunt- the trail had been found.

It led them first out of the village to the northeast, but then turned south-southeast towards the small river that flowed west to east a bowshot south of the village.

The wolves reached the river at a spot about half a mile from the village. Why in the world would a villager come way out here at night? they thought, standing on the treeless bank under the bright moonlight.

Just then, an arrow came whizzing out of the forest behind them. The wolves had lightning fast reflexes, and threw themselves flat upon hearing the sound. One of the wolves started to get up to rush the attacker, but another arrow came flying out of the dark and forced the wolf back onto its stomach.

As the arrow was being loosed, the other two wolves charged forward, knowing that the assailant would not be able to shoot arrows at them once they were back under the shadows of the trees.

The wolves saw the gleam of steel beneath the trees ahead. The attacker was running from them. The wolves howled, the wild delight of the hunt filling their dark hearts.

A bright patch appeared up ahead- a clearing in the trees. The wolves saw their opponent in good lighting for the first time. It was a sturdy, armor-clad man. When he reached the middle of the clearing he stopped and turned, bow at the ready. The wolves watched him from the cover of the trees, not wanting to show themselves for fear of being shot. They could see his face. It was Eomer.

Realizing that the wolves would hide as long as he had his bow out, Eomer tossed aside his bow and arrows and drew two swords that were strapped across his back. One was his own, and the other was Anguirel's.

Anguirel, the knight errant who was lynched the day before, had sensed a warrior's spirit in Eomer, and had, before his death, requested that his sword be given to Eomer.

The three wolves emerged from the trees, and began to circle Eomer, snarling and snapping their jaws. All at once, the three jumped at him. The collision was violent, and all four combatants fell to the ground. Eomer prepared to strike the dazed wolf on his left, but the wolf to his right leaped up and sunk his teeth into Eomer's right arm. Eomer struck the wolf in the face with the hilt of Anguirel's sword, which he held in his left hand, but the wolf did not release its grip.

Eomer then thrust at the wolf's belly, but as he did the third wolf hit him from behind like a battering ram. As he fell to the ground he felt the beast's teeth sink into his neck, and knew his life was at an end.

He also knew that he had not died in vain, for he was sure that the last sword thrust he had made had found the heart of a wolf.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-20-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #145
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Day 2 Begins

The news the search party brought back to the village that morning was both good and bad.

Bad- Eomer had been found dead in a clearing.

Good- The half transformed body of Cailin had been found in the same clearing.

As was the case in another recently attacked village, Eomer and Cailin lived and died as one.

Living-
  • Shelob (beggar)
  • mormegil (messanger)
  • the guy who be short (dwarf)
  • Encaitare (jewel smith)
  • Boromir88 (insulting man from Dor-Lomin)
  • Firefoot (naturalist/herbalist)
  • Lhunardawen (healer)
  • littlemanpoet (lecherous innkeeper/bartender)
  • Feanor of the Peredhil (tavern wench)
  • Formendacil (gong farmer)
  • Estelyn Telcontar (seamstress)
  • Mister Underhill (itinerant drúadan watch-stone maker)

Dead-
  • the phantom (Moderator- captured by Sauron and slain by wolves on Night 1)
  • Anguirel (Ordinary- beaten to death by villagers on Day 1)
  • Eomer of the Rohirrim (Hunter- died bravely battling wolves on Night 2)
  • Cailin (Werewolf- slain by Hunter on Night 2)

Score: Villagers- 10, Wolves- 2

The following players have informed me that their participation will be somewhat under their usual today- mormegil, Lhunardawen, and Shelob.

If you have a RL conflict that will limit your posting, let me know via pm so I can add your name to the list above.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-20-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #146
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Songs shall be sung for many years of the heroism and foresight of Eomer the Valiant. While a recreant mercenary he served our village well and I am glad he chose so wisely. It seems that he and I had similar suspicions.

This is a critical break for us and our voting yesterday should help being that 3 of us voted for Cailin, it would seem to clear LMP, Firefoot and myself; though not 100% I think the three of us can be trusted. Yesterday's voting also, I think, cast some strong suspicion on the following

Encai gave the second vote to Anguirel to make it 3 for Cailin and 2 for Ang

Mister Underhill tied the vote between Anguirel and Cailin

Feanor cast her vote for Boromir88 making it a three way tie and if left a three way tie both Boromir and Anguirel would die, at least one is innocent and most likely Boromir is innocent too.

Lhuna Broke the tie and essentially put the nail in Anguirel's coffin. Now this was a wise move on her part either as an innocent or a wolf. Innocents don't want double lynching this early and wolves want to look like the prevented it.

So what does this all mean? I think Feanor and Mister Underhill are most suspect in this whole affair. Feanor caused a three way tie and Underhill tied the vote hoping to save Cailin.

What do others think?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:28 AM   #147
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Eye

I made a mistake in my analysis that changes things a bit.

I thought that the first person voted for, in the event of a tie so it would have been Boro and then the last person which would have been Boro but the next was Ang. The way it actually is would have Boro and Cailin go if the three way tie remained. I'm sorry for this and I think it cast a bit less suspicion on Fea.

I just thought of something that is not likely but I always come up with crazy ideas so here it goes:

There is a chance that Firefoot or LMP are trying to pull off a double bluff and knew or hoped, at least that the final wolf would not vote until the end thus breaking the possibility of Cailin. While I write this it makes less sense than it did at the beginning so I would think now that this is not probable.

So my new analysis cast a lot more suspicion on Lhuna and does not clear up Boro's name one bit. Mister Underhill is still highly suspicious however.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:58 AM   #148
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Alas, poor Anguirel, we did him a grave injustice! His death should be mourned, for he was a valiant and chivalrous knight. Why, he came to my defense when Boromir insulted me - he treated me, a lowly seamstress, like a princess! I wept much late last evening and then decided to pay him tribute in the only way I know how. It cost me some loss of sleep, but here is a rose I embroidered to lay on his grave.

I would like to clear up one misunderstanding that was expressed by several of you concerning me - my vote for Shelob was not on account of her silence. Please do not connect me and my choices with the decisions others make. Mine was a truly random choice and actually made by using a children's rhyme.

And now another valiant man has died, Eomer. This grievous loss is perhaps alleviated somewhat by his bravery in killing one of the wolves. His death may save some of our lives, indeed I fervently hope so! Yet mourn him we must, though we have not much time to do so. The urgency of our situation demands all of our wit and determination, lest we all suffer his fate.

My first thought yesterday was that at least one or two wolves must have been involved in the decision about Anguirel's death. It is plain to see that they would not all expose themselves through obvious unity, and now we see that Cailín, whose vote for Eomer unfortunately gives us no helpful clues for future debating, was herself a werewolf.

Was it a wolf who first suspected and voted for him? Shelob cast the first vote. Yet since it was the first day, the possibility that she chose as randomly as I did is great. The other three who voted for Ang are: Encaitare, Mister Underhill, and Lhunardawen. My suspicion is that at least one of them is a werewolf. I eagerly look forward to discussing the events and our possibilities with the rest of you today. Perhaps together we shall find counsel.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:42 AM   #149
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Analyses

Firstly, I have come under fire for voting for Shelob (nothing personal). Voting for a silent person makes sense in that it eliminates a potential wild card in the future. The first Day almost always results in an innocent dying anyway, so it's a good strategy.

Now, "something of substance."

Eomer - 1 (Cailin 4)
Boromir - 3 (Anguirel 1, Eomer 5, Feanor 14)
Anguirel - 4 (Shelob 8, Encaitarë 12, Mister Underhill 13, Lhuna 15)

Mormegil, Firefoot and LMP are now certain innocents. Nobody would vote for a fellow wolf when the votes were so close. Unfortunately, this means they will certainly be dying in the Night - goodbye, fellows. At least the Ranger has a one in three chance of saving one.

After Cailin got her third vote, Enca and Mr U both voted for Ang in succession. However, Boromir and Shelob already had two votes at this point, so it would have made more sense, if Enca were a wolf, for her to vote for one of these. Enca therefore makes my innocent list, Mr U makes my wolf list.

At the time of Feanor's vote, Ang and Cailin were tied. A wolf would have voted Ang. Fea therefore appears innocent. However, she could have counted on somebody breaking the tied afterwards, as voting for Ang would make her look suspicious afterwards.

Lhuna now appears quite wolfy, though her vote could just be down to chance.

Conclusion:

Innocents:
Mormegil
Firefoot
LMP
Enca
Fea?

Wolves:
Mr U
Lhuna?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:28 AM   #150
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Oh dear, dear Eomer! It is a sad fate that befell you. Try as I might I cannot bring your mangled corpse back to life. Farewell, and rest in peace.

I have not listened to the conversations of the past Day as thoroughly as I should have, and it has cost the village the life of a knight who could have greatly helped us in our plight. I have to admit that deciding who to lynch among the three was very difficult for me, for breaking a triple-tie is something I have never experienced in the villages I have wandered into in the past. Truly then I could not yet bring myself to vote for Cailín, for I have not seen why she was being suspected. Alas that I have erred.

Upon finding out that the valiant Anguirel was an innocent, I knew that I would at once be under suspicion. I have no valid defense against that, just that then I was misguided and my mind still subject to the ignorance caused by slumber. But I swear on the graves of our fallen comrades (of course not counting that lycan Cailín) that I am innocent. Even if you ask the Seer to dream of me toNight or decide to lynch me toDay, that is what you will discover.

As my duties call me away for the rest of the Day, I will spend the time that I have now to recall the discussions of the past Day, then I shall cast my early vote.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:53 AM   #151
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

The time for me to attend to my healing duties has come. This is the most sensible vote I can come up with from the past events:

++MISTER UNDERHILL

for reasons already stated above. May I not commit the same mistake as I did yesterDay.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:55 AM   #152
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well Working from the votes I would guess that those three who, in fairly quick sucsession (ie: all voting in a row) put Cailin in yesterday's lead would most likely not be wolves. Since there were still plenty of votes left to come in it could be worth wile wolf-risk on the first day...but for now I'll work on the assumption their innocent.

As to a more "wolfish" vote I'd have to say that Lhuna's both is and isn't. It broke a tie (innocent) but could have been wolf saving wolf (wolf, clearly).

Since I am forced to vote early and I would rather not not vote for one already voted for I'll have to work from that, my appologies I'd rather give it more thought, but today cannot.

++Lhuna
Old 10-20-2005, 05:30 AM   #153
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Mormegil, Firefoot and LMP are now certain innocents. Nobody would vote for a fellow wolf when the votes were so close. Unfortunately, this means they will certainly be dying in the Night - goodbye, fellows. At least the Ranger has a one in three chance of saving one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
Well Working from the votes I would guess that those three who, in fairly quick sucsession (ie: all voting in a row) put Cailin in yesterday's lead would most likely not be wolves.
Can you feel my exasperation from all the way over there, TGWBS, Shelob? I should hope so, as there's a lot of this. You guys always do this! And you know what? It always turns out badly for you. By "you guys" I don't actually mean the two of you, but I do mean that in any instance where this happens, it works out badly.

Listen to me: don't underestimate the audacity of the wolves. How much common sense would it take to absolutely secure the vision of your innocence by sacrificing one of your own? All they had to do was kill off Cailin, or show that they were trying to, and anybody on that list is golden.

And with the three-way tying rule of the first and last dead, it makes it really tough to get who you want killed anyhow, especially this early. Voting early for Cailin, who there was such a high chance of still surviving, is not as risky as you would think. I mean, look... she didn't die by our hands, she died by those of the noble Eomer (may his spirit find comfort with those of our poor departed phantom and our brave Sir Anguirel).

But my point is, wolves are willing to do anything. Here's a good rule of wrist that you should seriously keep in mind: Even though Fea's innocent, judge anything the wolves *might* do by what she'd be willing to do if she was one of them.

The first thing I'd do as a wolf was sacrifice my kin, whether with their knowledge or without it. Because people automatically assume it wouldn't happen.

Don't do that.

Expect the worst and prepare for it. How hard would you kick yourselves if I'm right in my vague suspicion of LMP (agian... )? You've immediately discount him based on faulty evidence just because of the assumption that nobody would be that audacious.

Don't do that.

The only true proof of innocence is death or Seer identification. Which, on that note, let me keep you on the up and up that I'm pretty glad I didn't mention that I thought 'Mer might have Seen something good about mormegil. Even though I was wrong, looks like the wolves may have thought the same.

I'll post more later... I've got a [tavern wenching] class to get ready for. Horrible boss of mine, you know? Making me get up to go to an 8:00 AM class on [how to properly wench a tavern].

Just... please don't underestimate? Please?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 AM   #154
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Estelyn, my dear, we aren't going to continue this who insulted who again today are we? Unless of course, you want me to continue, because you're a wolf and it will keep everyone off focus?

Quote:
Mormegil, Firefoot and LMP are now certain innocents. Nobody would vote for a fellow wolf when the votes were so close.~tgwbs
I wouldn't be so certain on that. With a lot of suspicion around other people (mainly myself), it wouldn't be so bold. I think it goes to show that these three are probably innocent, but it's quite possible one is a wolf, though the two remaining in there, I doubt it.

I got to give it up to Eomer, he's been the smartest one from this village so far, and of course the wolves kill him, but he did find a wolf. I give him credit for that.

Eomer seems to be the safest pick for the wolves. He hadn't attracted much suspicion, everyone just kind of ignored Cailin's vote (and I'm glad), so really he was the prime target for wolves.

Based on voting yesterday:

Anguirel for Boromir=(Boromir; 1)
Estelyn for Shelob= (Boromir; 1, Shelob; 1)
tgwbs for Shelob= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 2)
Cailin for Eomer= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 1, Eomer; 1)
Eomer for Boromir= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 2, Eomer; 1)
Boromir for Formendacil= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 2, Eomer; 1, Formendacil; 1)
Formendacil for Mr. U= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 2, Eomer; 1, Form; 1, Mr. U; 1)
Shelob for Anguirel= (Shelob; 2, Boromir; 2, Eomer; 1, Form; 1, Mr. U; 1, Anguriel; 1)
Mormegil for Cailin
Firefoot for Cailin
lmp for Cailin= (Cailin; 3, Boromir; 2, Shelob; 2, Eomer; 1, Form; 1, Mr. U.; 1, Anguirel; 1).
Enca for Anguirel
Mr. U for Anguirel= (Cailin; 3, Anguirel; 3, Boromir; 2, Shelob; 2,...the rest)
Feanor for Boromir= (Cailin; 3, Anguirel; 3, Boromir; 3)
Lhuna for Anguirel= (Anguirel; 4, Cailin; 3, Boromir; 3)

I'm also suspicious of anyone trying to write off who's innocent and who's not, because we can't tell, and it's stupid to assume anyone's innocent, you're only fooling yourself.

I will say right now the MOST innocent looking people are...
Boromir
Mormegil
Firefoot
lmp

Now if a wolf voted for Cailin, I think most likely would have been mormegil, believing that he was just kind of throwing away his vote and it would look nice.

I fail to see why Fea is innocent in all this. She set up a three way tie, and voted for me, a known innocent! And if it wasn't for Lhuna, you would have all been rid of me, and the wolves would have killed you all.

Ok, so where was a wolf most likely to vote yesterday?

I'd say, vote for Anguirel, and a vote for me.

So who voted for Anguirel?
Shelob
Encaitare
Mr. U
Lhuna

Right now I say Encaitare and Mr. Underhill may look the most suspicious. Lhuna is an experienced person when it comes to wolves, if she's a wolf, she played stupidly yesterday. But, that doesn't mean she isn't a dumb wolf.

And the only person alive who voted for me is Fea. What a perfect ploy by the wolves. Get Anguirel hanged, kill the other person who voted for me, then look you're in there with two innocents. So Fea, I'd watch out, you're either a wolf, or you're going to die, because it just seems like that happens to people who vote for me...I wonder why, maybe because I'm innocent and if you vote for me you deserve to die!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:32 AM   #155
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Double posting here...
Quote:
Listen to me: don't underestimate the audacity of the wolves. How much common sense would it take to absolutely secure the vision of your innocence by sacrificing one of your own? All they had to do was kill off Cailin, or show that they were trying to, and anybody on that list is golden.~Fea
Atleast we agree on something Miss wolf.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:24 AM   #156
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Boromir, I'm not sure where you get yourself to be a proven innocent, except to yourself, maybe. You're not dead, we don't have the Seer's word, and you don't have a vote to say that you're probably innocent. I am leaning toward your innocence (or at least, I was, mostly due to your unconcerned manner, but it's posts like that that keep me concerned), but that doesn't preclude Fea's guilt. She's just about as likely to be a wolf as anyone.

I'm not assuming the innocence of Morm or LMP, though it does seem likely. There were six people already voted for when Morm voted; he could have easily voted for one of them if he were a wolf. I'm thinking that LMP is a wolf only if the third wolf hadn't voted yet. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a wolvish ploy to try and vote out one of their own, but with the voting so broad, it was quite unnecessary.

I'm still suspicious of Formendacil. We all seem to be assuming that the wolf voted later and with strategy concerned with Cailin, but there are RL circumstances to prevent that. A wolf could very well have voted earlier, as Cailin did.

Shelob is also edging up on my suspicion list. Before, she was on my watchlist because basically everyone was. Day 1 is too soon to discount anybody. But I really don't understand the accusations she was making at the end of Day 1. Also, her continued insistence that the wolves wouldn't kill her during the night is disconcerting.

As for the other people who voted for Ang:

Encai - she just doesn't seem very suspicious to me. Her posts make very logical sense to me, and I tend to agree with her statements.

Mr. Underhill - I'm not sure what to think of him. He's on my suspicion list, but other than his late vote for Ang, I can't come up with anything concrete.

Lhuna - That's a question, isn't it? Her vote for Ang could easily have been chance or calculated. It would have been a difficult decision for either a wolf or an innocent. She's on my suspicion list, but I don't think her vote for Ang is enough reason to lynch her unless we have no other better suspects.

Others:

Esty - I'm not sure about her, but right now I'm leaning innocent. There are too many people I find more suspicious than her.

TGWBS - Also leaning innocent. More suspicious than Esty, maybe, but his analysis of yesterday's voting largely made sense to me.

Fea - I could go either way. While I haven't seen anything outstandingly suspicious about her, I wouldn't expect to; nor would I put anything past her. If she was an innocent, she honestly wouldn't know about any of the three (Ang, Cailin, and Borormir); and if she were a wolf her vote for Boromir basically says that she doesn't care which of those three dies and gives the remaining person another option so as not to be overtly protecting Cailin. And actually, from Fea, I think a vote sealing Cailin's fate would have made her look more suspicious. But then, she could be double-bluffing. It's Fea. All that to say "leaning innocent."
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #157
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I don't have much to say right now other than for my purposes today I will be assuming that LMP and Firefoot are innocent. I realize that there could be one wolf in the three of us but it's not incredibly likely, though possible, but having the two remaining wolves is rather improbable so to help clear up my head I will look to those other two as innocent for today and then reevaluate tomorrow.

Edit: the only way to clear up the Fea confusion is the time tested method of lynching her.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #158
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I've been rehashing yesterDay's discussions and my head is spinning. After only one day, though we were lucky to lose a werewolf already, there still isn't enough evidence for anything even closely resembling certainty. Since I'm convinced that at least one wolf voted for Anguirel, my suspicion is concentrated on Shelob, Enca, Underhill and Lhuna. It seems easier to find one out of four than two out of twelve! (sound mathematics, that!)

Shelob has already voted for Lhuna today. That could tell us something, but what? A wolf pretending to lynch another wolf? Or an innocent guessing?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 10-20-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:36 AM   #159
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Well it's no fun to wake up and find that not only do I have the blood of an innocent on my hands, but now I'm a chief suspect as well. I mourn Anguirel, but I curse him too -- by offering his neck for the noose, he may end up bringing another innocent -- me -- down with him, and that would be a sad legacy.

There are a few things to remember about the voting. One is that Ang offered himself. This was incredibly foolish! None of you innocents do it again. Not only does it make you look suspicious, but in a situation like last night, where there is almost no information to go on, it makes you seem a safe vote. Enough of us will die under the jaws of these things without us volunteering.

Also Cailin is only dead because we had a wise hunter. Cailin *didn't* get voted down by us. So I don't see how a vote for Cailin makes anyone golden.

If the wolves were smart, and I have no doubt they were, they'd want to space out their votes, and hold at least one until fairly late in case of trouble. Since Cailin voted early on, I'd say that puts everyone from Mormegil back under suspicion (I realize this still leaves me on the suspicious list).

The way the voting stood when Morm cast the first vote for Cailin, it would have been an easy throwaway vote for a wolf to divert suspicion, but I think this unlikely. Still it's not out of the realm of possibility -- at this point it seemed unlikely that Cailin would be voted, and Morm could have this vote to show later if the two of them were ever linked.

Morm and Firefoot voted two in a row for Cailin, so it seems unlikely to me that they're both wolves.

Then along comes lmp and casts a third vote for Cailin. This would be an audacious vote for a wolf. It would put Cailin ahead, but with the possible knowledge that another wolf could come along and create a tie, sparing Cailin. Don't know what to think here, and it seems a stretch now that I'm writing it down.

Enca's vote for Ang created a three-way tie for second, an interesting setup but I don't see much in it to suspect either innocent or guilty.

Then yours truly blunders in and creates a situation which would have hanged both Cailin and Anguirel. I can see why this casts some suspicion on me. Well, I can only say that I should have been more attentive to the way the vote stood. My vote was cast solely for the reason I gave in my vote post -- "He's offered himself, so it's either a safe vote or I'm calling his wolfish bluff." -- and without regard to the tally, which I see now was a mistake.

I only hope you will see that a wolf, even a newbie wolf, wouldn't make a move that would cast such obvious suspicion on himself.

If Feanor is a wolf who held her vote until very late, she made a good one -- not tipping her hand by saving Cailin with an Anguirel vote, but creating a situation which could have led to a double-lynching that would have taken down Boromir with her fellow wolf.

Lhuna's tie-breaker sealed the fate of Anguirel and saved Cailin, at least from our collective cudgels -- but would a wolf make such an obvious blundering move? Probably not.

I have to admit that my own analysis leaves me looking more likely a werewolf than not, but I can only plead inexperience and restate emphatically that I am innocent. Have the seer dream of me, put me to any test. I don't much like being in the position of knowing that I'm innocent but having suspicious eyes cast on me, but here I am.

I'm almost too bewildered to come up with my own suspcions. Based on my analysis, I'd say Feanor's crafty vote makes her my top suspect.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:43 AM   #160
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

As with Day One, I'm going to deal with one post at a time, due to time constraints throughout the day. So I may have more posts than most of you, with less said per post. Bear it in mind, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The news the search party brought back to the village that morning was both good and bad.

Bad- Eomer had been found dead in a clearing.

Good- The half transformed body of Cailin had been found in the same clearing.
I couldn't make up my mind about Eomer yesterday because I wasn't sure who he was referring to in posts 41-51. I did see something in what Cailin said that made me suspicious, but then Eomer went and voted for Boromir who also had a post inbetween 41 & 51, so I wasn't sure whether Eomer was messing around with innocent, or werewolf minds. I'm glad to see it was the latter. Well done, good hero, sad to see you yet again leave the game so early; at least it wasn't by lynching, and your heroism will not go unremembered. I'll engrave something on a cask so that your name will be remembered even if the village fails. May your spirit find its home beyond the walls of the world.