The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers > Music in Middle-earth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril Comical Music in M-e Drawing!

Those who post here will enjoy this pictorial version of Music in Middle-earth:

(Sorry, I wasn't able to show the image itself here.)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Now I want to go and explore the bass clarinet and see what relationship it has to Tom and the comment made there about him.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Ardent
Wight

Ardent has just left Hobbiton.
Drums in the deep, yes, I get that. But triangles in the deep? A balrog surrounded by a steel drum band wouldn't have the same sense of threat somehow.

And where is the string section? Neither Gimli nor his dad played instruments but others of Thorin's folk did like their fiddles and Viols.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
As a one-time bassoonist, I object to the association with Wormtongue!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Nice!

That's a nice drawing you've discovered, Esty!

Gollum as a saxophone player would have had quite a different life, certainly not a lonely one. We already know that he would be cool if he had the voice of Barry White:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIvQXiMVf-Q

Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote