The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril *TTT - Legolas (Orlando Bloom)*

How did you like what you saw of Legolas/Orlando Bloom in TTT?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 AM   #2
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

As someone who walked away with a major crush upon viewing FotR last year, I was shocked to see Legolas' character <I>improved</I> in the next film. They have taken a skinny British lad with a wig worthy of a Vidal Sassoon commercial, and made him seem actually dangerous. Every time Orlando stuck that jaw out, I was ready to cheer. Fabulous horse-mounting, shield-surfing, kneading of eyebrows, and out-bursting.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:26 AM   #3
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm pretty happy with the Legolas/Gimli relationship, and I liked the part where he and Aragorn had that fight at Helms Deep, and he apologized and they became friends again. Over all, I like him!<BR>See ya,<BR>~M
Old 12-19-2002, 05:06 AM   #4
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Legolas was fantastic in this film, as you would expect given limited time in FotR.<P>That move to swing round onto the horse? No Russian gymnast could do that!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:15 PM   #5
Nianna Telmnar
Haunting Spirit

Nianna Telmnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nianna Telmnar
Sting

I agree. Legola's character was so much cooler in this movie. I really like the comradery between him and Gimli. But basically he was just so very cool. That horse mounting scence was spectacular. As was his now famous "surfing" scene. Also, I was very thrilled to hear him speak more elvish. It is a beautiful language.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
AddictedtoRumil
Haunting Spirit

AddictedtoRumil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Legolas is so cute in this movie i think they did a great job in having Legolas in the movie more as one of the main characters and we also get to know his personality alot better it was great!<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: AddictedtoRumil ]
Old 12-19-2002, 02:34 PM   #7
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

His character was so much deeper and more of a presence in TTT than in FotR. I <I>really</I> liked it when he tells Aragorn behind the Deeping Wall that the Rohirrim are going to die. Lovely acting, and much more heartfelt. I actually liked him in this one; he was more than a bodyguard.<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: The Silver-shod Muse ]
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 04:03 PM   #8
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes, I agree, Orli did a really great job!!!! I also love his relationship with Gimli, and I'm glad he spoke more Elvish!!! <P>Legolas Rocks!!
Old 12-19-2002, 05:06 PM   #9
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

His relationship with Gimli was great and anyone, anywhere, speaking elvish in the film was just plain cool!
Old 12-19-2002, 05:15 PM   #10
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> No Russian gymnast could do that!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Don't know about that one.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:59 PM   #11
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Legolas had more of a character in this movie. It showed that he is more than a pretty face; and they even gave him some flaws! He didn't kill that torch runner orc, did he? I loved the scene where he and Aragorn were arguing. I also liked the bouts between he and Gimli. I especially liked the "Would you like a description or shall I get you a box?" bit... funny lines! I generally was very pleased with how Legolas was portrayed in TTT. Mr. Bloom has done it again, and this time he's done it better!
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #12
Lush
Fair and Cold

Men (or Elves) who are "full of themselves" are one of the main attractions of such films.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:28 AM   #13
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I liked Legolas better in this film than in the FOTR. He seemed older and wiser, like an elf should be. ( And to be honest, he was almost the only character I really liked in this movie...)
Old 12-20-2002, 06:19 AM   #14
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

Even within the first 10 minutes of seeing him, I sincerely thought that he was a great improvement...all he did in FotR is look worried, like this:<BR> <BR>and<BR>
Old 12-20-2002, 06:47 AM   #15
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I liked Legolas/Orlando a lot this time, he was just a supporting actor the last time, we got to see much more of him now. He's a very good actor, and he IS Legolas, like I imagined him. Message edit: Seeking to annoy as many people as possible, I will also add one thing: Oh my great goodness; he's HOT! Sorry, can't help it. I solemnly promise to never (at least not very often) show myself as a "Lego-fangirl".<p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #16
jaz

Sting

Legolas was absolutely amazing in this film!! I was really not expecting much of him so I was really surprised that his role was more “stand-outish” (I know, that’s not a word). I loved the part where him and Aragorn make up and the part where Aragorn comes back, after he’s been supposedly killed, and Legolas hands him Arwen’s jewel and they hug. Awww! And I also love the scene with the “surf-shield”. I wasn’t really surprised with the way he mounted the horse, but only because I had already seen it on this TTT special on the WB. But I was all like “WOAH!” when I first saw it on TV and since I recorded the show, I kept on rewinding the tape to see it again and again and again. It was just too cool. Oh and I loved all the funny scenes he had with Gimli. Legolas is the best!!
Old 12-21-2002, 12:46 PM   #17
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought the part where he flipped over the horse's head was a little overboard, it just didn't have a believable feel to it. I was just sitting there anticpating the battle, and all of a sudden he flips. It was spectacular, but it also caused me to draw back away from the movie and go "Huh?"<BR>Otherwise I liked his performance in this one. He really didn't have much of an active role in the last movie, other than shoot arrows and look elvish. This one shows his friendship and loyalty to the remnants of the company, and illustrates the growing friendship with Gimli.
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:38 PM   #18
Merigrin
Pile O'Bones

Merigrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought that Legolas was good in this film, he stood out more because this film was based more around Aragorn, Gimli and Him, where FotR was more Frodo. It's very hard to bring such a lot of "main" character's to life and not just follow one or two. I loved it when they heard the Elf horn and his expression as he spoke. Kind of a "I-knew-my-people-loved-this-earth-as-much-as-me" look.<P>The horse-flippy thing wasn't brilliant but it had to be done because the day they shot that, Orli broke a rib so they never got him mounting the horse, but good 'ol Peter found a clip with his horse galloping up to him and used his imagination... or his computer.

"Ai! ai!" wailed Legolas. "A balrog! A balrog is come!" FotR

"Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasent surprise!"? No, indeed! He said:"Get up, you tom-fool of a Took!" Pippin, TTT.
Merigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:48 PM   #19
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

All he did was look worried? Well, he played that incredibly well I must say.<P>He did it again in this film, when the lightning flashes at Helm's Deep. Man, he looked tense. Or maybe it was just because Aragorn was standing next to him with his "Ah me, more orcs to kill is it?" face on.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #20
Merigrin
Pile O'Bones

Merigrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought it was more a look of I know who that is but I dont want to look too excited look, but that just me, I mean just as he was about to run up the steps, He'd know what an elf horn would sound like, because he's and ummm elf.

"Ai! ai!" wailed Legolas. "A balrog! A balrog is come!" FotR

"Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasent surprise!"? No, indeed! He said:"Get up, you tom-fool of a Took!" Pippin, TTT.
Merigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #21
Túroch
Wight

Túroch has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

That move to swing up on the horse. A bit over the top if you ask me. Methinks it smacks of computer generation. Still Mr. Bloom showed Legolas's chacracter rather well, even if I do think the sheild surfing was just a flashy attention getter on PJ's part.<p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Túroch ]
For the valour of the Edain the Elves shall ever remember as the ages lengthen, marvelling that they gave life so freely of which thay had on earth so little. But it is not for thy valour only that I send thee, but to bring into the world a hope beyond thy sight, and a light that shall pierce the darkness." Ulmo - Lord of waters
Túroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 05:00 AM   #22
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He actually had real lines in this one! <BR>Yes, Legolas was perfect, and Orlando did very well. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>No Russian gymnast could do that! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Lush, you wouldn't happen to have a little gymnast inside you...? We could test the theory.
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #23
Eldawen of Lorien
Pile O'Bones

Eldawen of Lorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas was a lot better in TTT than in FOTR. His character was really brought to life in this movie. Orlando did an awesome job with giving Legolas more depth to the character.
Eldawen of Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 03:35 PM   #24
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Pipe

Does anybody else think that Orlando seems to speak Elvish naturally? For some reason, most of the other elvish speaking characters (like Arwen) don't seem to be speaking it, but reciting lines. Ok ok, I know that's what they're doing but they don't have to make it obvious. It just seems to flow out of Legolas/Orlando. <BR>And I'm really happy he had more of an in depth role. I wish the same could have been said for Merry and especially Pippin but oh well, the movie was only three hours long ;_; <BR>Go Legolas! You rock!
Old 12-22-2002, 04:12 PM   #25
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Yes, the jump on the horse scene was a little over the top. It just seemed fake. First, he grabs it by the neck , on the horses right side, looking back. Then, by some magical force, he was turned around to the horse's left side and facing forward, then lifted up over the horse and on to it by that same magical force without knocking Gimli off. Its just too unbelieveable for me. And when he shield skates down the stairs? Come on. I could just imagine the shield slippping out from under his feet, fly off to hit another elf, and he lands flat on his behind and gets stabbed by an orc. If I wanted to see something like that, I could just look at some old skate videos of me and my friends.<P>All these unbelieveable stunts he pulled worked to gether with Gimli as the comedian. How so? Well, when Gimli really is making jokes all the time, and Legolas is magically flipping around on horses, it shoves Gimli back and puts legolas way in front, blocking Gimli. To me it seemed like Legolas outshined Gimli.<P>But I have to admit, it was pretty cool what Legolas did and he did do a great job.<p>[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 04:28 PM   #26
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Ah, as was predicted, here come the new generation of Orlie boards...
Old 12-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #27
Daisy Sandybanks
Wight

Daisy Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daisy Sandybanks Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy Sandybanks
Pipe

My say so in all of this would be that Orlando's character definitly developed a bit more in the second installment of this trilogy. He seemed to be a bit more wiser, a bit more knowing, over all, just a bit more something. Every character grew in the second movie, whether it be in knowlege, fighting skills, or comical relief, just like they were supposed to.<BR>In my opinion, I didn't quite like the whole mounting onto the horse scene. It seemed fake, though a lot of people seemed to enjoy the stunt, you practically heard the entire theater audience gasp.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #28
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Every character grew in the second movie, whether it be in knowlege, fighting skills, or comical relief, just like they were supposed to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on one little part; the comic relief part. Actually, not that part, the last part ('just like they were supossed to') in context with the comic relief part. Are you saying that Gimli was suppossed to develop into a comic relief? I don't think he was supposed to become a comedian. I think that PJ wanted to have some kind of comic relief, but he couldn't do it with Pippin anymore. Pippin was developing and becoming more serious and wiser. Pippin needed to drop that comical act like a bad habbit, which he did. PJ decided to take it off Pippin, and then had to do it with Merry also because their comic relief act is interdependant on each other. So without Pippin, PJ felt that Merry wouldn't be funny. Or maybe PJ dropped Merry's too because he wanted Merry to develop also. Anyways, PJ focused on Gimli, but I think that he went a little too far. PJ felt that laughs were needed to lighten the audience from a serious, emotional, suspenseful, or dramatic mood. I just think PJ put too much comic relief, and especially on one character. That's what I think. I don't know if it's true. I just don't think that GImli was supposed to grow in 'comic relief'.

-Willie
Old 12-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #29
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Ring

Orlando did a great job. Legolas was much more like an elf here, a noble, driven, loyal, warrior elf. <P>-Luinalatawen
Old 12-22-2002, 08:13 PM   #30
Daisy Sandybanks
Wight

Daisy Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daisy Sandybanks Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy Sandybanks
Sting

Okay, you've caught me there, MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie. I agree with you though; Gimli didn't grow in or into a comic releif, PJ just happened to put it apun him in order to keep the audiences laughing, since Merry and Pippen had taken more serious roles. I agree with you also that PJ had put too much comedic attitude on Gimli. <BR>Though I was somewhat prepared for it, you saw it in the commercials, or was that one of the behind the scenes shows? In any case, it was too much. <BR>Actually, when my friend and I were driving home from the movie, that was the first thing that we brought up.<BR>One more thing, I noticed that you live very close to me MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie. <p>[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Daisy Sandybanks ]
Old 12-22-2002, 09:07 PM   #31
Lush
Fair and Cold

Sting

As a connossieur of over-the-top stunts, I have to say I was satisfied with the tricks they had Legolas's character pull; they seemed in tune with his super-Elf status, without being gratuitous. There is nothing like a show-off (especially if he looks above average) to keep my attention.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Lush, you wouldn't happen to have a little gymnast inside you...? We could test the theory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Ohhh, I am far too tall. Orlando is taller, however. He is no gymnast himself. <p>[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 12-22-2002, 09:33 PM   #32
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

I guess I could have saw it coming. They did seem to hint at it a lot. And if there is one thing I learned from TTT, it's to expect the unexpected and look for hints. I didn't expect that many changes in TTT and I didn't expect those changes at all. But it was hinted, not too obvious, but enough for some to see it coming.<P>And where is it that you live? Marin? Or somwhere else? Maybe in the bay-area.

-Willie
Old 12-22-2002, 11:22 PM   #33
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

I really liked that "trick" he did, if thats what you want to call it . I liked his part in TTT it showed his friendship with Gimli a lot. When I saw TTT trailer of Legolas sliding down the stairs, I thought he was running down it fast, i guess not. But that was cool thats what any Legolas fan would say I suppose. *sigh* I'm going to go se it again, as I was distracted while watching the movie who was crying on my lap. You know who you are! lol
Old 12-23-2002, 01:23 PM   #34
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Sting

And lets not forget Legolas's third coolest part in the movie. Shooting an arrow through that rope was sweet! Probably killed about 50 Orcs with that one arrow.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:01 PM   #35
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

In FoTR I was very disappointed about how little character we get of Legolas, he was just the Elf. But in TTT that thankfully changed. I do believe that they should've finished head count contest but there are other things they should improve first (note my signature). Also how come he's slower than Aragorn when they're tracking the orcs? That's not just an insult to the character but also to all Elves everywhere! Couldn't they've slowed Viggo down or something?
Old 12-23-2002, 02:09 PM   #36
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Loved him, as always! Great moves, and I love this line: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You're late...You look terrible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It really was kind of corny but, I thought it was pretty funny. And I also like when he starts yelling in elvish about how all the Rohirrim were going to die. It really made his character more normal. He was getting scared. I'm really glad they had that scene. I love that guy! I wonder how long it would've taken to find a box. Maybe he could have before the Uruk-hai marched up. Just a thought. My friend is researching about the horse stunt. She's going to find out if someone actuall did it, and if so who, or if it was done by computer. Right. I love that guy! <BR>Orli's not that tall, he's only about 5' 9 1/2" or so. I'm the same height and I am a girl in eigth grade! I am DEFINETLY NOT a gymnast! Orli has broken like every bone in his body, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be a very good gymnast! He'd fall and break his back a few times too often! I also liked Gimli's comic relief, but this is about LEGOLAS! Guys, remember that or the mods'll delete your posts!<p>[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #37
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Ohhh, I am far too tall. Orlando is taller, however. He is no gymnast himself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's only an inch taller than I am. While the character of Legolas is supposedly about 6'2" in the movie, Orlando Bloom is 5'11". The fact that I know that, on the other hand, is going to make me stare into the mirror telling myself that I am a freak for a good time...<P>Being that I fell in love with the character of Legolas six and a half years ago, when I was nine and first read the books, I was somewhat disappointed with Legolas in the first movie. All he seemed to do was run around yelling, "Crebain from Dunland", "Orcs!" and "Goblins!" and other ridiculously obvious things. I found myself yelling back, after a time, "No kidding!" and walking away thoroughly depressed that only in the Extended Edition did they mention that Legolas was son of Thranduil, and even then they did not say that he was Prince of Mirkwood. I, however, also walked away with a big crush on Orlando Bloom, thinking that he handled quite a small part, but with great importance, pretty well, considering this was his second movie ever (he had done theater, but the only other movie he was in was "Wilde").<P>On the other hand, with this movie, they developed his character far beyond what they had done in the first movie. I found myself respecting Orlando Bloom as an actor, more than as a cute face playing an amazing species (no matter how real The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, and LT 1 and 2 make the Elves, they are still divine in my eyes). While he did not get his tongue around the Elvish quite as well as Liv Tyler seemed to, he did, in my eyes (now I am, in no regards, a language scholar), a good job with the words. And you also got to see the more playful Legolas that I envisioned via the books' description of him (and his relationship with Gimli, which they only even briefly touched on in the Extended Version DVD).<P>So, in conclusion: I am definitely going out to see "The Kelly Gang" (with *gags* Heath Ledger), "Pirates of the Caribbean" (with *sigh* Johnny Depp), "The Calcium Kid" (assuming that it comes here, to NY...it's a British indie, so I don't know), and "Troy" (with Brad Pitt, who actually is a pretty good actor, I'm realizing, and he gets more attractive as he gets older...he still doesn't look 38 to me)...and of course "RotK", but that's somewhat of a given. I hope that I will walk away from those movies with the same respect for him as an actor as I did after The Two Towers (he's still good-looking too...two good qualities in one actor: usually rare).<P>EDIT:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And I also like when he starts yelling in elvish about how all the Rohirrim were going to die. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Showed how the stress and fear was getting to all of them...<P>And I found it funny that Legolas, the completely sanitary-looking Elf that, even after going through a battle, only had a little smudge of mud on his forehead, finally commented on the fact that Aragorn looked terrible. Aragorn always looks dirty though...<p>[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 12-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #38
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

For a person who is more of a hobbit fan then a elf fan I was really impressed by Legolas in this movie. His performance really stood out in my mind. All his parts were fantastic.You can never speek enough elvish.<BR>
Old 12-23-2002, 07:11 PM   #39
OneToughBrandybuck

Eye

Orlando Bloom certainly looks the part. And I think he acted it quite well. I smiled at his relationship with Gimli, I do hope they develope that more. His bow skills were awesome. And I also enjoyed the scene where he yelled at Aragorn in Elvish, then asked for forgiveness. Lovely.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #40
Lush
Fair and Cold

Sting

5'9" is usually too tall for a gymnast. As is 5'11". Anyway, does Mr. Bloom still smoke? That disqualifies him right there. It does, however, qualify him to be one of the many "gifts" I would want under my Christmas tree (love a man's vices).