The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Thallassa

Silmaril Are you dreaming too?

Hi everyone
I was just wondering whether any of you dream about actual characters fronm Tolkein's world? And if you do dream in what setting?
Are you just any creature or do you take the shape of a specific character. it really would be exiting to find out whether there are any similar recurring dreams about his world. I only dreamt twice about such characters, myself and both times seemed to be so realistic that i spent weeks pondering about them. Does this apply to you too?
Old 12-19-2002, 06:40 AM   #2
Earendil evening star
Animated Skeleton

Earendil evening star has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes its happened to me a couple of times
the last time was when i was reading ROTK and i had just got to the heartbreaking part where Sam has to part with his beloved pots and pans and he and frodo are crawling aound in ditches in the dark and the mountain is near. This part was so powerful that i dreamt about it that night, the setting was almost the same only in daylight (this is beacause i personally would feel more in danger in daylight that at anytime else because i would feel more exposed)
anyway, i had a dream about it, the funny thing was i cantactually picture who was there with me, i can sense their personalities (it was definately either just frodo and sam or all the hobbits). I actually quite enjoyed the dream as it was the first i've really had about my obsession.
My friends keep telling me that because i talk about it so much during the day, it doesn't come in my dreams. A bit of a disappointment really. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
but hey, a kinda boring dream??
i know but fun 4 me all the same
luv
elise

ps, i'm skiving in my computing class right now, project about input output and storage devices my *** !!!
Old 12-19-2002, 08:36 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Sorry, since this is not a book discussion, the thread is being moved to the Novices and Newcomers forum. You may read and post there.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had a dream the the night before seeing TTT that I went to the theater and watched it, but when I left I couldn't remember anything that I saw. I was very distressed and thought that I had to see it again. Then I was in and out of dreams about scenes in the book, but I can't remember any of them!
I wish I would dream about it more often.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:44 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i cant remember most of my dreams. last night im pretty certain the entire cast of lotr, including ttt, turned up in my dream, possibly at lothlorien at some point
Old 12-19-2002, 02:52 PM   #6
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

I have incredibly screwed up LotR dreams....

Most of the time I'm Aragorn. A few nights ago, I dreamed that it was TTT, except I had to get...somewhere....and there were no Rohirrim. So, I was in this big tunnel, killing demon-thingies with Andúril, and all of a sudden I pop out into a police academy.

Yep. Police academy. People with guns.

I "remembered" that I needed a bullet-proof vest for the filming of Helm's Deep, so I went to get one. Unfortunetly, no one wanted to give me one.

Then I woke up.

I need counseling....
Old 12-19-2002, 02:57 PM   #7
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All the time! whether I'm asleep or not!

Many times, especially when I sleep with my curtains open and the moon on my face, I have dreamt about being carried away by giant eagles and being taken to Mirkwood. Where I got to dance and sing all night with random elves until Gandalf comes and tells me I have to leave, like 5 in the morning. He then processes to lift me back onto the eagle and I fly back to my bed and sleep soundly till morning! I have to have had that dream 20 times its the best dream ever!
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 07:14 PM   #8
AddictedtoRumil
Haunting Spirit

AddictedtoRumil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yep i had a dream that Haldir i woke up and went in the kitchen and Haldir was sitting at my table eating pancakes (lol!) and another dream that i pulled Legolas' hair and ran (lol!) that's about it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: AddictedtoRumil ]
Old 12-19-2002, 08:38 PM   #9
The Shadow In The East
Pile O'Bones

The Shadow In The East has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i had a dream i was a fifth hobbit in the fellowship name herbert. the nazgul got me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] *shivers* )
The Shadow In The East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 02:05 PM   #10
Nianna Telmnar
Haunting Spirit

Nianna Telmnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nianna Telmnar
Silmaril

I had this dream once where I was shopping in a supermarket and spotted some elves from lothlorien out doing some shopping! (maybe they were picking up the ingredients for lembas?)
just one more example of why you shouldn't have too much sugar before bed.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:18 PM   #11
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I've had two LOTR dreams that I can remember (it goes a long way back [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]).

1. It was the night after FOTR came out. I had just composed a song for Boromir, and afterwards I had fallen asleep. My dream was that I was walking on my street and suddenly I heard this great rush of wind. Then I was lying flat on my back on the ground, and Merry and Pippin were running away from me. I went into the forest (I live in one) and found Boromir fighting Uruk-hai, and then suddenly he just fell off a cliff (weird). I ran over to a place in the forest I call 'Amon Hen' because it looks so much like it, and I saw Aragorn and Faramir discussing battle plans. I approached them and planned with them, the Uruk-hai attacked, and I woke up.

2. This dream creeped me out, though it may just sound funny. I was on a great green plain with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, and there was this little cottage ahead of us. Aragorn went into the cottage and brought the rest of us with him, and there were Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, my brother Sean and Boromir. I went over to the window and looked out, and I saw these three Nazgul standing on the top of a hill. Aragorn saw them too and ran out, Legolas and Gimli following him, saying they were going to scout around. We waited in the cottage, and we heard footsteps outside. Crawling to the window I looked out and saw a Nazgul at the door. The other two were circling the house, peering in all the windows. It was incredibly supensful, and most frightning. Just as the Nazgul at the door began smashing it down, the back door (where did that come from?) opened and there was my other brother (who looked amazingly like the Boromir I'd imagined [not movie]). He brought all of us out to a dark alley, where I woke up.

Both were very weird, now that I think about them, especially no. 1, but no. 2 really stirred up that fear of Nazgul I've had almost all my life. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] 'Twas frightning in the extreme. But amazingly fun at the same time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Nurumaiel