The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 04:31 PM   #81
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

aragorn distracted Haldir at first, but Haldir died as he was making his way back, and isnt it strange, 2 people have died (boromir, Haldir) with aragorn at their side. weird huh?
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #82
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

Sting

galadrielsmaiden! i did not cry! (she said that in another post) I almost cried when Haldir died though. i think it was one of the coolest parts, even if it wasnt in the book.
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
Old 01-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #83
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Maybe this is more of a reflection on Orlando than Legolas, but I haven't seen a whole lot of emotion out of this guy. He looked more confused when Gandalf died than anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've gotta disagree, Doug, buddy Maybe he looks confused to you, but what he says is, "I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near." He's so upset that he can't bring himself to translate the lament. Then at Helm's Deep, he seems to me to be genuinely afraid. When he says, "they're all going to die", he is protesting not only on behalf of the humans which are all about to be massacred, but on behalf of himself, Aragorn and Gimli. Now, he's a warrior and warriors are supposed to keep such feelings to themselves. That is how I can classify Legolas as emotional.
Alex Chamois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 06:42 PM   #84
Mandos
Wight

Mandos has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If I may add my two cents into this, Legolas was confused over Gandalf's death in the affect that he didnt understand death. Elves are immortal and the concept of suddenly dying is confusing to them. Of course he is emational and was upset. But to an immortal being, death is confusing.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:04 PM   #85
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Nieninque has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*sighs* Yes, I did cry when he died, as well as when Frodo almost kills Sam *cries for poor Sam* The look in Haldir's eyes... I also think PJ killed him off because it wasn't really stressed that elves could die in FotR... a 'little reminder', so to speak...<BR>How about his entrance? I like it when Aragorn hugged him. He was surprised, but he hugged him back and smiled. *smiles at the memory* Despite his lack of screentime, I already had a special place in my heart for Haldir. Now it feels empty.
Nieninque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #86
Mandos
Wight

Mandos has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well dont be too sad, knowing PJ's changing of things, Haldir may come back in The ROTK as being reincarnated.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:29 AM   #87
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Armani_Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*nods*<BR>Hiro e ab 'wanath *grieves*<P>peace
Old 01-04-2003, 05:57 PM   #88
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well dont be too sad, knowing PJ's changing of things, Haldir may come back in The ROTK as being reincarnated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*laughs* Yeah, that's entirely possible...<p>[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nieninque ]
Old 01-05-2003, 12:45 PM   #89
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I thought it was sweet how the elves came. It was awesome how you could see the peoples faces light up. I also thought it was sweet how warrior Aragorn couldnt help but hug Haldir he was so happy. I was personally VERY sad when Haldir died. *le sigh*
Old 01-05-2003, 01:29 PM   #90
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well dont be too sad, knowing PJ's changing of things, Haldir may come back in The ROTK as being reincarnated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's a little wrong. But that brings up too many questions to post right now. I saw what I last wrote on this thread and I can't believe I wrote that! I'm sorry to all who read my post, it was pure evil! I love Haldir and I just cast him aside to rant on Faramir! I feel so awful
Old 01-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #91
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Sting

When does he die in the books? I'm not done with RotK yet...
Old 01-08-2003, 07:50 PM   #92
elf_Legolas
Pile O'Bones

elf_Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didn't cry when he was killed but now I'm trying to compose myself. I agree with all the good that everyone has said about him. I don't agree with anything that was negatively said about him. <P>Um....I don't believe he dies in the books.<P>*goes to bed and cries into pillow*
Old 01-10-2003, 11:38 PM   #93
Sasha

Eye

I was terribly upset when he was struck.<BR>I cried everytime i saw it. Do u tink it's possible he may come back??
Old 01-11-2003, 01:46 AM   #94
Agarwaen

Sting

ok this is sort of off topic but all the talk of how Haldir isn't supposed to be there and such brought it to mind...<BR>did anyone else almost laugh out loud when Sam and Frodo are in Osgiliath, and Sam says something to the effect of "By rights we shouldn't even be here?" ... he meant something else by it, but I just cracked up. you dang well shouldn't be there Sam. it's not in the book.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:46 AM   #95
Atariel
Haunting Spirit

Atariel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

i didn't even think that Haldir was in TTT, and he certainly doesn't die. Nasssssty LA Directors. and isn't it just SLIGHTLY disrepectful towards Tolkien's great memory to show (nonetheless sexy) Orlando Bloom on the equivalent of a skate board, when they were only invented in the decade that Tolkkien died. Poopingtons.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #96
Olaf Von Lichenstein

Sting

When Haldir and his mighty elves of Lorien I stood up and gave a mighty cheer for my favorite character that the entire audience took up. When i was stunned to see Haldir die (curse that Aragorn for distracting him!) i started crying. Naturally everyone in the theater thought I was mentally retarded, but it was so sad to see such a noble warrior die
Old 01-11-2003, 01:43 PM   #97
Rosolas
Animated Skeleton

Rosolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was really saddened at Haldir's death. He was an officer and a gentleman, and a damned good chap of an elf! The when the camera moved in on the other dead elves, that was very moving too.
Rosolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 04:54 AM   #98
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haldir was a brave noble elf who died for Middle Earth, but might have had one too many cream puffs. Look at all the other elven kind. They are all being diminished or somethin, so they rush off to the Undying Lands, carrying lanterns. But Haldir goes off to Helms Deep wid his archers & honours the Alliance wid the stinky Men of Middle Earth (who never seem to take baths, by the way).<P>HALDIR LIVES! <P>PS. I haf met Craig Parker & he is a skinny humorous humble fellow. Peter Jackson must haf told him to gain a little weight for LOTR.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:51 AM   #99
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I did not like Haldir much in FOTR, but I cried when he dies in TTT!!
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:08 AM   #100
elf_Legolas
Pile O'Bones

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Do u tink it's possible he may come back?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He better! I love him!!!!! *cries* Why did PJ have to kill him!!!!!!!!!!! grrr!
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #101
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Many, many good things were said on this thread.<P>What Mollecon said about the elves making perfect sense arriving at Helms Deep, I agree completely!!<P>Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> “And when the orc stabbed him in the back AHHHHHH I cried harder *yells at the move screen* WHY DID YOU DO THAT!!!!????” <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I jumped up and yelled as well! Then I sat down and started crying silently *snifs* <P>Harmonica:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh, Haldir! Haldir! That beautiful elf... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, Harmonica, he *was* a beautiful elf! *sighs*<P>I was moved by the elves arrival at Helm's Deep, and saddened to a huge extent at Haldir's departure. <P>And just for the record, when Aragorn called up to Haldir to tell him to move back to the keep, Haldir looked at Aragorn, knodded, waved back to his the elves and the other men (if any) that were on the wall, I think he even fought off another orc, swung around or something, and *then* was killed. So it was *not* Aragorn's fault.<P>But why Haldir ...
Old 01-14-2003, 01:24 AM   #102
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I belong to this group of cool people who love Haldir. Its in Livejournal. All they do is talk about Haldirs scrumdillyumptious all day long, even though Im a boy. (I can stand it, I guess, hahaha!)<P>Here it is.<BR><A HREF="http://www.livejournal.com/users/savehaldir/" TARGET=_blank>Save HALDIR!</A>
Old 01-15-2003, 06:43 PM   #103
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

So he doesn't die in the books... then how can PJ justify offing him? It's not like he died somewhere else and PJ<BR>just wanted a nobler death or something *sobs some more*
Old 01-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #104
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi! I'm not a big Haldir fan (In the movies, because he is not supposed to be at Helms Deep. Yes, I am still very bitter about the elves at helms deep)but there is an interview with him (Craig Parker) <A HREF="http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/1804" TARGET=_blank>here</A>and info about a birthday project (a scrap book to be sent to him ) <A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/cparkerproject/index.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>
Old 01-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #105
elf_Legolas
Pile O'Bones

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well dont be too sad, knowing PJ's changing of things, Haldir may come back in The ROTK as being reincarnated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't know, probably not..............
Old 01-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #106
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

&%#/%#/ No way José! Haldir isn't gonna return...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:06 PM   #107
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://www.craig-parker.net/" TARGET=_blank>Unofficial Craig Parker Website.</A><P>For all you Craig Parker fans. Enjoy.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #108
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

When Haldir died I stood up and shouted 'YAY!!!!' because he wasn't even supposed to be there.
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #109
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

That is a cool pic of Haldirs action figure on that website. I WANT WUN!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #110
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whoa! If Haldir is reincarnated and appears on the next film, I'm gonna hack someone's head off!! *goes to sharpen her sword*