The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Obsessed with the soundtracks

I was just wondering...has anyone else become really obsessed about the soundtracks of the FOTR and TTT?<BR>I don't know what it is about them, but I listen to them all the time!!I especially love the soundtrack for TTT, even if I was quite disappointed with the movie itself. <BR>For me, these soundtracks have become really important, not only as music, but they also have gained some "symbolic value"...Just one day, when I felt totally discouraged, I listened to Forth Eorlingas and felt better at once! <BR>I think those soundtracks are just magical...<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]
Old 01-29-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yeah, I agree. I set my alarm to wake up to either hobbit tracks or Helms Deep, as after hearing that, I feel ready for the day ahead. In my music lesson, if the teacher is busy, I play all the tracks on the keyboard.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #3
Jesse
Animated Skeleton

Location: My home is in the Twin Cities, but my soul is at Loch Ness in Scotland
Jesse has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I'm obssessed with TTT soundtrack. My favorite track is The Riders of Rohan and The Uruk-Hai. Which track is it that Gandalf the White appears???<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Jesse ]
Old 01-29-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dūm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

I really like the soundtracks for FOTR and TTT, but im not obsessed! And I lost my FOTR soundtrack, so ive been pretty upset
Old 01-29-2003, 05:37 PM   #5
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I'm definitely obsessed too. I like the layout of FOTR better though. Is TTT soundtrack in order? It didn't seem to me like it was. I have the piano music for In Dreams and Gollum's Song and I play them ALL the time. Puts me in a relaxed sort of fantastic mood.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:29 PM   #6
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

The Flame Of Anor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Completly obsessed. Forth Erolingas is the Best, but parts of Breath of Life and Isengaurd unleashed are better.<BR>Its even better when u realise the vocals are all mostly actual singing, with lyrics.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:09 PM   #7
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ehhh - yes Lub the music, I really do.
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #8
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Question

<B>maikafanawen</B>, I agree with you that TTT soundtrack is all out of order...at least it doesn't irritate me too much. <P>I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with either soundtrack, but I do love them. I think TTT is easier to have on when you have a roommate and other people are around; the volume doesn't roller coaster up and down like it does on some of the Nazgul tracks in FOTR. Breath of Life and Forth Eorlingas are probably my favorites - Forth Eorlingas gives me goosebumps every time!<P>Oh, and where did you get the piano music for Gollum's Song? I have yet to see any sheet music from TTT, although we have the music from FORTR.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Listen to them every night before I go to bed, they are so wonderful <BR>When me and my sister drove up to Vancouver B.C., we listened to the FOTR soundtrack like 7 times. My dad, (who is not a fan) I think got annoyed and told us to turn them off. The TTT soundtrack is the only CD I have bought so far this year.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:07 PM   #10
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They're wonderfull!!! I just love the music, especcialy The Breaking Of The Fellowship(FotR), May it be (FotR) The King of the Golden Hall (TTT), Evenstar(TTT), Breath Of Live (TTT) and Farewell To Lorien (TTT)<BR>And I think my rabbit likes it too.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:20 AM   #11
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I believe that the tracks on TTT are arranged in another way than they come in the movie. Compared to FotR, TTT have a lot more cuts as it is following 3, sometimes 4 stories at the same time. If you just let the soundtrack follow the movie, you'd probably get a very incoherent piece of music, that wouldn't work by itself. So I think Howard Shore re-arranged it to get an album that could stand for itself, musically. He didn't have to do that with the FotR soundtrack as this movie worked very differently in it's story telling.<P>Just my two cents.
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 03:52 AM   #12
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I can't wait until the sheet music for TTT comes out! I've been playing it by ear (with help from Ithaeliel), but I'd really like to play from a book.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #13
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

I love them...thats all I can really say......
Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 AM   #14
leigh1

Sting

I thought I was the only one obsessed with the soundtracks! I have a job that requires me to be in my car every day for the exact amount of time that it takes to listen to both soundtracks. How cool is that?
Old 01-31-2003, 08:59 AM   #15
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My favourite tracks (although its damn hard to choose): <BR>Last minute of track 14: Breath of Life. Makes me think of some really valiant knights riding into battle on a bright day. <BR>Last minute of track 15: The Hornburg. A giant army advancing on its foe in an enclosed valley (massacre ahead!). <BR>I think Howard Shore deserves as much credit for the atmosphere of the movies as PJ.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:45 AM   #16
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My sister (who plays the flute) finally gets to play the music from the LOTR in band. I have been telling her for months now that she should be begging her band conductor that they have to play that music, though she may not get to play it in a concert. That is how much I love the music, that whenever I listen to classical, instrumental<BR>music I say "I wish this was LOTR"
Old 02-01-2003, 01:54 PM   #17
Eldawen of Lorien
Pile O'Bones

Eldawen of Lorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am beyond obessed. I listen to both of them at night while I sleep. I love the Breaking of the Fellowship, and May it Be on the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack and I love all the songs having to do with Rohan and Breath of Life on the Two Towers soundtrack. I am planning to get a friend to help me to get our band teacher to let us play something from LotR.
Eldawen of Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:43 AM   #18
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

God i larv them!!!!!!!!!! I listen to them whenever I can, like now, "but in dreams...." sorry, just had to do that.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote