The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Good or Evil

Good or Evil we have seen the who would you be threads but they aren't too detailed I'm not suggesting an RPFG however give a litttle bio of you're ideal charactor and most importantly is he good or evil

My charactor is of course
Morsul the Dark
a maiar
however he first bends the ents to his will creating the burzenyd
using the burzenyd the scattered orcs are next then when strenghth enough is gather the balrogs are mine
and the elves shall fall I will let the dwarves dwell in their caves for they will pay in tribute with mithril armor for my orcs
Old 07-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

i dont understand this thread, explain it a little better...
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

like if you had a charactor what would he or she do?

Like the threads that say "I'm an elf or dwarf or what not" this thread You tell exactly what your charac your would do
Old 07-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
PaleStar
Animated Skeleton

PaleStar has just left Hobbiton.
I think Morsul means how your character acts, and why they act that way.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

thank you that is what i mean
Old 07-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield oh...

thanks Morsul the Dark that cleared it up!

my charactor would be an elf...a very heroic one, that was quick and sharp. she would of course be a good elf and fight against mordor... i think thats it...
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #7
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

My character would be one like Aragorn. In fact someone could argue that he is Aragorn, but I'll leave that up to the critics . He would wield a very large sword, have a bow (with arrows to go with, of course), a dagger, great leadership skills, courage, ferocity, & an intense desire to make the name of his sword known among the ranks of the evil.

Of course my other character would be a sort of Southerner who is very stealthy, excellent at spying & knifing (he does carry a long one), & isn't a bad sniper (with a bow & arrow, of course). Seems to have an unlimited amount of money coming in, & knows all the good inns.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:40 AM   #8
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I guess I can't play this game. My character has already been defined.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:02 AM   #9
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Well my character is of course an elf, shes a very good fighter and carries a sword, a bow (and a again with arrows) plus a few daggers. Wilwarin is for sure good, and shes brave, carring and sometimes very sarcastic.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:04 AM   #10
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Am I the only evil one? + =evil smile
Old 07-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #11
ohtatyaro
Wight

ohtatyaro has just left Hobbiton.
Warrior. Ohtatyaro means warrior . probably elvish one, as it is in elvish. but maybe human too?

Good or Evil? he'll try to be good, but maybe evil sometimes (if he;s misguided, of course )
Old 07-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #12
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Am I the only evil one?
Well, my 2nd character is evil...although if I'm only allowed one he doesn't count .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #13
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

hehe Yes you may have two but your strider-like charactor is more important
Old 07-27-2004, 12:13 PM   #14
Lady Gamgee
Animated Skeleton

Lady Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
I would be a Hobbit ... Rosie preferrably ... but any Hobbit would do. I'd tend my gardens, write poetry & short stories, take care of my little Haflings, go on adventures that would take me to far ends of Middle Earth & meet all sorts of interesting characters along the way. I'd know & be friends everyone in our little community, because I'd be married to the mayor himself, Mr. Gamgee (hopefully). Um, let's see, what else ... oh, and live happily ever after
Old 08-03-2004, 03:42 PM   #15
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Hah!I'd be Numenorean. and Morsul -- we are all evil and dark at heart --I can be both
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:26 PM   #16
Arie
Animated Skeleton

Arie has just left Hobbiton.
InklingElf: I love your avie!!!

I would be an Ent slow in every way
Old 08-03-2004, 05:13 PM   #17
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Quote:
however he first bends the ents to his will creating the burzenyd
The ents will not stand for this! Come my brothers and sisters! We're going to war! Anyways, my ideal character is a good maia in human form (sorta like a Gandalf). This maia spends his time delving in the lore of time, and aiding those in need of council. Also, this person would become a great leader of the ents, and lead them in their great war against Morsul the Dark!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
Witch-King
Animated Skeleton

Witch-King has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch-King Send a message via MSN to Witch-King Send a message via Yahoo to Witch-King
I am the Witch-King, resurrected by the Powers That Be. Serving as advisors to Morsul, myself and the fellow Nazgul will aide in retaking Middle-Earth for the forces of darkness. The Elves and Men of Rohan shall be ours to torment for all eternity! However we have decided to spare the Hobbits, because of their pipeweed and yummy food, .
Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #19
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

In that case, I will rephrase!

I dwell in Isengard as it should be, governing with Treebeard the lands of the ents. From Lake Isengard, we will bring forth a new age of ents. Strong, powerful, and proud ents. They shall be as jolly as they are big. And we shall fight the opression of Morsul the Dark, and the Witch-King. We will also be marketing entwash to hobbits who feel short, but that's another story
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 08-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #20
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Perky you must not dishonor your new Lord The burzenyd Shall be evil yes but also great They will be stronger and they will still protect the trees they will merely become warriors as well and once the Balrogs are tamed to my will they may return to their forest for I am not without compation
Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #21
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

We ents value freedom more than power. We are already a proud people. Take your burzenyd to distant lands, where they may fight alone! We ents will have nothing to do with it. My maia will create a similar force field to the Griddle of Melain, where only those will no desire for power may pass. Take your empty threads elswhere, Morsul! Powerful though we are, power is not something to be used un-wisely! We use are power in marketing our draught products!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #22
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Well fine I respect your ideals so I shall leave your forest be for I am wiser than Saurn and not make enemies with powerful foes.

I do however wish for you not to shelter the elves for they are the sworn enemies of Morsul
Old 08-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #23
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Our lands are open to the elves for whatever reasons they need. We welcome them, as we do any who do not question. It is none of your business who lives in our lands, may they be the burzenyd or elf. We are devoted to the four noble truths: Knowlege, Wisdom, Food, and Comedy. It is a proud world, where we are the dreamers of the dreams.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #24
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

All that help the elves shall DIE!!

I adore the ents but the elves Shall die and all that aid them
Old 08-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #25
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

We do not fear your feeble threats! Send the burzenyd, why don't you? You are not afraid. We are friends with the elves and will not deny them in fear of our lives. I am a maia of growth and knowlege. I have bestowed upon the ents that dwell withen my Gridle an everlasting water supply. May your dew always shine. My ents are impervious to fire. To quote a wise man, "Bring it on!"
Old 08-03-2004, 10:34 PM   #26
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I now know I may not sway you would you then object to the destruction of men the creatures that cut down your friends to live in their bodiesw?! I may ignore you for a while but I make no promises to my enemies But the witch-king one of my greatestservants will be lord of Rohan
Old 08-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #27
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

We hold no vengence. Ents are now alive and well, and protect the trees of my realm. Though they do use trees, they do not use that which the ents guard, and thus I will hold no grudge. But know, if the Witch King wishes to make Isengard and Fangorn part of his kingdom, we will not linger to retaliate!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #28
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

As You do not fight back I will make my orcs grow trees in honor of your glory I know this will not appease you But I hope it may help you understand I do not wish you harm I only wish to destroy men and elves My two worst adversaries
Old 08-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #29
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

It doesn't. We ents protect those in danger, and if it means elves and men, we will do what we can.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #30
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Stay in your forest you wood devils This is not your war!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:49 PM   #31
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Woah. Sorry about that everyone. I don't know what happened. I got a little too in character. It was straying from the topic of the thread. I'll make sure not to do it in the future.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #32
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Indeed we both did lol go us "stay in charactor folk"
Old 08-05-2004, 02:50 PM   #33
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
Woah. Sorry about that everyone. I don't know what happened. I got a little too in character. It was straying from the topic of the thread. I'll make sure not to do it in the future.
ats Perky on the head lightly: there now I thought you were roleplaying! I don't blame your ent-ness
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #34
One of the Nine
Haunting Spirit

Location: In my mind. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
One of the Nine has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to One of the Nine Send a message via MSN to One of the Nine
Sting

Can my character be from another book? Just asking. If not, here's mine:

I'd be a firey little hobbit, who in turn battles evil and coincides with evil itself. No I am not a double-dealer, I am simply for neither side. I have my very good moments (more often) and my very evil moments (almost rare) and my nuetral moments (more often than not). Even though I am small, I can do the damage of any giant cave troll.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:14 PM   #35
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

That, that was a mini Fan-fiction in the making
Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 PM   #36
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Esgallhugwen The Dark Queen

Mwahahahhaa! *rubs hands together*

I am an Elf, of course, but am I evil or am I good. I suppose since Elves are usually essentially good that she is good, but very sad, and when angry you could say she almost becomes possesed with a merciless wrathful fiery power, (uncertain if she could possibly be possesed by some sort of Maia, if at all possible) basically she has blood lust, and does very nasty gory things to her enemies (See The Hills of Evendim RPG to see what I mean by all of this).

I am undecided on where she hails from but her parents are originally from Mirkwood (when it was called Mirkwood or maybe Greenwood The Great ) Her Mother and her were captured by Orcs, because of betrayal, and were tortured, her Mother died, and Eswen was rescued by her Kinsmen, when they returned home it was burning to the ground and her people were being slaughtered in front of her eyes (this more than likely happened during the War of the Ring).

So I guess that would explain why she goes into a crazy killing spree whenever she gets angry. Oh and she has crystal grey eyes and black hair streaked with silver, and usually wears very dark green it almost looks black tunic and dark grey leggings, a sable cloak, and black boots.

p.s. this is just basic Esgallhugwen Elenglin is far more complicated than this.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #37
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ooh fun thread.

I'm an elvish bardess or musician in the house of Elrond. I think I'm somewhat like Maglor... I prefer to stay within the comforts of home but I can fight when I have to ... and I act before thinking, more often than not. I wouldn't be the Mary-Sue elf, though, who is a whiz with every weapon ever made. I can wield a sword quite well. Perhaps I'd go for a Luthien-esque tactic and sing my enemies to sleep.

Last edited by Encaitare; 08-26-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 AM   #38
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Ooooo I forgot to add that she uses an ebony yew bow called Dúrlin , and an Elvish sword called Nárkir. Thats right I give great detail to my characters, I even give their weapons names! And she also has a very majestic large black horse called Morsereg.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:44 AM   #39
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

What a curious thread. When I saw the title, I was reminded of a thread from way back when that I took part it. It may actually have been titled "Good or Evil"... I'm no longer sure.

My character, I suppose, would have the characteristics I've thrown in my name, mixed up with a little truth from my reality, and a lot of not-so-truth. She is a peppery youth, with a love for fire that is most unbecoming for gently reared young ladies. Her partially Elven blood ensures that she is generally graceful and rather beautiful, with long, raven black hair and "fair" (see pasty white) skin. The blood from her father's side (him being the human) ensures that she has a light smattering of freckles, and a way of finding adventures in the least likely places. The blood from her ma's side (lovely Elven princess, I'm sure) gives her the confidence to absolutely love said freckle-smattering, and the ability to come out of every adventure on top. Except for that one time.... My character is one of the top minds of her generation (see Elven blood), and evens out her seriousness with a lot of creativity in art (again... Peredhil). She is generally a good character... but has been known to delight in stirring up mischief, so long as she is certain that nobody will be hurt.

Fea
Old 08-26-2004, 08:48 PM   #40
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I'm a horse. What can you say?

Honestly though, I would like to be a Hobbit. A Took, probably, since they are more adventurous. That's a good character, in case you haven't figured it out. There are definitely many things about Hobbits that appeal to me, not least of all the simplicity of their life.

Or if I couldn't be a Hobbit, I would be a Rohirrim. Another good character.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote