The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien ROTK preview at TTT {spoilers}

A link to this has already been submitted in another topic, but I thought I would put it on this site for all who might not be able to find or see it when they do find it. {The site messes up sometimes}.<P>PJ has talked about putting a preview at the end of TTT sometime in March. Here are the details to what it will contain:<P>*************************************** *****<BR>1. Aragorn handing the brooch back to it's rightful owner, Pippin. This sounds cool, because if you remember TTT preview the opening scene was of Aragorn picking up Pippin's brooch, and to have the preview of RoTK to start with this scene, it makes for a great continuation. That would (also) be our first glimpse of the reunion aka the road to Isengard.<P>2. Ride of the Rohirrim<BR>3. Merry pledging his sword<BR>4. Pippin approaching the palantir<BR>5. Shots establishing Gondor, perhaps moments before the SIEGE OF GONDOR<BR>6. The meeting between Faramir and Eowyn<BR>7. Establishing shots of Pellenor fields<BR>8. Mouth of Sauron<BR>9. Aragorn walking up to the palantir<BR>10. Pippin riding with Gandalf on Shadowfax<BR>11. Shots establishing moments before the battle at the black gate<BR>12. Aragorn in his Gondorian armor, riding into battle<BR>13. Paths of the dead<BR>14. "Minor" shots of Shelob<BR>15. (And although) they do not want to show too much... Denethor<P>16. FINALLY (for) THE BIG FINALE, I have possible dialouge to go with this one ... Frodo and Sam by the crack of Doom, SAM: DESTROY it Mr. Frodo! FRODO: no ... I will not destroy it! THE RING IS MINE!!!<BR>*************************************** *****<P>Does that not make you want to see the 3rd movie even more? OMG, that quote at the end...intense!!!<p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

Do you really think they'd put the qoute at the end in it? That would spoil everything for non-book readers! Wait...<BR>*thinks back to Gandalf shot in TTT preview*<BR>They really need to stop doing that
Old 02-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Wow, they do give away a lot of stuff! My dad is going to be sooo mad! He doesn't want to know anything about the next movie, but he will want to see this preview! Anyways, Im really glad they'll have Pippin and the palantir, I really enjoyed that part in the book!
Old 02-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

That'd make for an intense ending of the preview, but I'm not sure if I want them to give it away. I know it's no big secret, but suspense is everything.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Remember the makers of the film think that most of the people who will go to see the preview are real fans who have already read the books, and thus know everything that is going to happen. I had to make a real effort to go and see TTT preview, the week that it came out FOTR had left our neighborhood theater, so I had to drive all the way to another town that was showing the film just so that I could see it. The TTT preview was so worth it, it was so amazing, I will defiantly go to any lengths just so that I can see the ROTK one.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:37 AM   #6
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes but HOW are they going to get that Palantir OUT of Orthanc? Will it be snatched or tossed?
Old 02-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't see why they would change how the Palantir comes into Gandalf's hands. It's short, dramatic, visual and easy to understand. Just the kind of things that work well in movies.<P>H.C.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #8
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wonder, will we be seeing a bodily form of Sauron speaking to Pippin in the Palantir, or just his eye? I know Sauron we most definetly be making an 'physical' appearance in RoTK, as the stuntman who played him in the Last Alliance is listed on the cast on IMDB and P.J said that Sauron needed to be shown in the movie.

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:29 AM   #9
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, I didn't know that. Sauron in physical form. I'm not sure what I think about that.<P>I guess the alternative is just having the Eye wink out at the end. My imagination might be limited, but every time a read that scene I picture an old TV shutting off. A bit of static and then the Eye fades to a small white dot.<P>Now that would be chessy.<P>H.C.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:14 AM   #10
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The book ending is good enough anyway. Don't know why P.J wants to change it (Sauron's gigantic spirit reaching out to them, only to be blown away by the wind.)

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 02:33 PM   #11
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maybe it would be hard for people to visualise that 'reaching out and being blown away' without some physical form being present?
Old 02-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #12
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

and how many of us will go to see it for the 6th time just to see the trailer? ME!! I did it last year! I can't wait to see how Isengard gets resolved
Old 02-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #13
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

I didn't even know there was going to be a preview... and I'm the LotR obsessed one... I'll see it for the sixth time too!
Old 02-05-2003, 05:27 AM   #14
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Man that's gonna jack people up if they actually show Frodo's defiance in Mount Doom.<P>I'm cool with the Palantir shots, the Eowyn/Faramir stuff, Shelob, etc. I'd <I>really, REALLY</I> like to see Eowyn/Merry/Witchking scene, but I'm sure I'll be better off by waiting for the next film.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:32 AM   #15
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 16. FINALLY (for) THE BIG FINALE, I have possible dialouge to go with this one ... Frodo and Sam by the crack of Doom, SAM: DESTROY it Mr. Frodo! FRODO: no ... I will not destroy it! THE RING IS MINE!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's a bit scary that they will show that in a trailor. I say this because Frodo's line there if not done right can be really bad. (anyone see the cartoon RotK?) And If Elijah doesn't do it exactly right the whole drama of that climatic scene will be spoiled for me. So this means I'll have to judge it even before I see the movie.<P>Let's just hope Elijah does a fantastic job.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I wonder, will we be seeing a bodily form of Sauron speaking to Pippin in the Palantir, or just his eye? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I always thought they would do what they did in the other movies. This is how I imagine they'll do this part.<P>*Pippin is sitting leaning over the Palantir. It's dark. Then we start to see it swirl a bit.*<P>*SUDDENLY THE EYE OF SAURON FLASHES IN FROUNT OF THE SCREEN MAKING THE AUDIENCE JUMP 10 FEET INTO THE AIR*<P>*There is a shot of the camp with everyone waking up to Pippin's scream.*<P><BR>PJ just seams to like suprising the audience.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:04 PM   #16
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So will we see Shelob in the first ROTK-trailer or not? The folks over at DarkHorizons.com have a small tidbit of information about it from a source within WETA. <A HREF="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm" TARGET=_blank>Click here!</A>
Old 02-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #17
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

I think that Elijah Wood should do a great job with the ending scene. I don't know why, I just think he'll pull it off.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:03 PM   #18
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well if we don't see Shelob in the preview, then that means that the people at Weta are doing their best to make her perfectly evil. If we don't see a glimpse of the spider herself, then we should at least see a scene of Frodo and Sam in the Lair, and maybe turning their heads at the sound of her coming, that would be great
Old 02-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #19
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>and how many of us will go to see it for the 6th time just to see the trailer? ME!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heh, I've already seen it six times! I'll have seen it, like, ten by the time the preview is out, then I'll see it another ten just for that!!!!!