The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #201
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Eomer

This guy is ridiculous.

I think he means Roa is the only one to have voted Nogrod beside the ones he deems "innocent": himself, Kitanna and Jenny all of a sudden.

Since we're all dead if we don't get to lynch a wolf we shouldn't spread our votes too much. This gives the wolves a lot of power.

I will be here until the deadline, but I hope I won't have to change my vote.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #202
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well the wolves are in such a powerful position they can practically declare .... and maybe Eomer has..it is so his style

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #203
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eomer Summary

Day 1

1st - Says he was waiting for the first person to jump on the Glirdan bandwagon, thinks Morm's reasons for voting Glirdan are weak, votes Morm

2nd - Resents being lumped in with "Baddies" on Valier's list, points out that there are only three wolves, thinks Form's stance is puzzling

3rd - respnse to Nogrod, insists he has been helpful, at least with his idea about Morm

Day 2

1st - Doesn't follow Nogrod, points out that he thought Glirdan was likely innocent, not definitely innocent, admits to watching the end of Day 1, says he didn't know what he could do to help, says he didn't have anything worth adding, stands by vote for Morm

2nd - Says Nogrod is mis-using his statement, thinks Nogrod is being hypocritical, thinks Nogrod is using a victim of circumstance argument

3rd - points out to Kuru that Mac was joking, points out that Nogrod jumped from him to Roa rather easily, accuses Nogrod of hogging the moral high-ground, Votes Nogrod

4th - Laments having to kill Nogrod

5th - Says Nogrod's death will be good even if he's innocent

Day 3

1st - Doesn't think the wolves would be inolved in Nogrod's lynching, is sorry about his role in Nogrod's lynching

2nd - Previous Day's voting

3rd - Suggestion about Kuru and Mac being fellow wolves

4th - adds to Kitanna's case against Jenny by adding his own point, insists his theory about he wolves leaving nogrod alone is good, also insists that Jenny's vote was important

5th - Says that he finds it unlikely that no wolf voted for Nogrod, says Jenny "had the decision thrust upon her, not to ignore Jenny even if he is innocent

6th - "Nine villagers, I believe."

7th - Continues to insist that Jenny's vote was not throw away, but Kuruharan's was

8th - "Curses! You're right! The spectre of Glirdan hovers over us, authorising the vengeance we so truly deserve!"

9th - Thinks the game will end with today's vote says he's supicious of everyone except Kitanna, not just Jenny

10th - Votes Roa, says she was eager to get rid of Form, was the "sole voter' for Nogrod, thinks her accusation of Jenny was bizarre

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #204
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

My goodness, a lot has happened all of a sudden!

I'm afraid I haven't much time.

I'm most suspicious of Eomer and Jenny right now. I'd really like to lynch both of them as I think one of them has to be a wolf.

Now, do I go with the suspicion that I've had from DAY ONE or do I assume I've been wrong the whole time and vote Jenny (she certainly seems to have had it in for me from the start)?

Oh, what to do...must vote shortly...

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-05-2006 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Leaving out words left and right
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #205
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eomer Analysis

The first thing that stood out to me was his reaction to Valier's list. He immediately objected to being put on the "Baddies" list, and was quick to point out that not everyone on the list could be a wolf, because there were five in the list and only three wolves. Given that it was Valier's first list, and was likely primarily nonsense, I find this over-reaction to be rather telling. He also insisted to Nogrod that he was being helpful, but he had only made one useful point so far that day. He puts it in a voice of indignation, which is a tactic I myself have used as a wolf. Another thing- he accused Nogrod of using a "victim of circumstance" defense when he stated that he was in a position to decide the outcome. However, he used this same defense to supposrt Jenny's last minute vote for Nogrod, which efectively saved him. His vote for Morm had the same poor reasoning that he claimed Morm's vote for Glirdan was. Morm voted for Glirdan because he was the first to jump on the Form suspicion, Eomer voted Morm because he was the first to jump on the Glirdan suspicion. He also claimed not to understand Nogrod's attack on him, which is again a tactic I have used myslef when being unable to dissuade an attacker as a wolf. Not only that, but he seemed fairly certain of Nogrod's guilt up until voting for him, coming up with various points against him, but then said that even if Nogrod was innocent his death would help the village. And today, he declared that he was sad about the role he played in Nogrod's death and that he regretted it. That's quite a turn around. And earlier today he stated that he didn't think the wolves would have been inolved in Nogrod's lynching, and even continued to defend that point against opposition, until he suddenly backed down and said hat he didn't really think that way. That's not even mentioning how he was suspicious of Jenny, only to drop it in favor of attacking the biggest of his detractors. Over all, Eomer is acting very suspicious, and has back tracked, flip-flopped, and jumped back and forth on his opinions, flowing to suit the crowd.

After all this, I'd have to say his leaning is becoming obvious.

++Eomer

We have to get a wolf today, or we're toast.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #206
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Kuruharan: I am reviewing but htere isn't enough time. I think both are wolves ... the third I don't know but htat is academic if we don't pick right. Teh ordos don't have much scope to spread the vote ... so chances are I will follow your lead

Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #207
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Voting thus far

Kuruharan 1 (Jenny)
Jenny 1 (Kitanna)
Roa 1 (Eomer)
Eomer 2 (Mac, Roa)

Left to vote: Kuru, Mith, Valier

Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #208
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I'm inclined to agree with Mithalwen. I think they both are.

I have a little bit of time left before I have to leave, but since Eomer is the one getting votes now...

++ Eomer

Requiescat in Pace if we are wrong.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #209
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
As long as nobody retracts, Eomer is dead meat.

Good so.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #210
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And don't let forget his odd reaction this evening.... it is pointed out that the ordos situation is more dire than he thought and he packs up early with a cop out vote.

Roa I haven't time to fully examine you but I haven't seen anything particularly suspicious...more alpha ordo clashing antlers with other alpha ordos.

++ Eomer

Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #211
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Cross post - but a little solidarity among those who will die together if we are wrong is no bad thing.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #212
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Ah, I'm sorry. The bloodthirst rode me. I think the chances that we are wrong are very thin. If it happens to be so, I apologize to you, Eomer.

But I really don't think so.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #213
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Just want to say: I'm not a wolf! I really am not!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #214
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Whoa you go for a quick shower thinking not much will happen and now look

Ok I believe Kuru and Mith have both got it right with Eomer and Jenny, so here's hoping we make it through the night...

++Eomer

Last edited by Valier; 07-05-2006 at 01:37 PM. Reason: X posted
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #215
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have a few moments to spare and this caught my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Your point about Kuru is good, but I'd like to point out that your vote was thrown away. Nogrod was slated to die anyways, since we don't have double lynches, and he had reached the total first. The only ways he could have lived is if someone had voted for Eomer\, or someone else had retracted either their vote for Nogrod and voted elsewhere, or retracted and voted for Eomer, three things which were unlikely to happen. So all you did was vote for someone who was already about to be lynched. A nice way to avoid the appearance of throwing away while still throwing away.
I stand by my vote for Jenny, but this bit from Roa has me raising my eyebrow. Roa, do you honestly believe Jenny's vote was a throwaway? I can't say I agree with how Jenny voted knowing that she really didn't suspect Nogrod, but I'd hardly call that a throwaway vote simply because Nogrod was already set to die. It alarms me a bit you would say something like that Roa.
I've said before Jenny's vote was a bit odd and I still think it is, but Roa saying it was a throwaway vote is no less strange to me. If you were to label Jenny's vote for Nogrod as anything, I'd say it was a safe vote.

I smell something foul between these two and their voting.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #216
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I don't disagree with your vote for Jenny, Kit but we can only lynch 1 and I think we have 2 wolves. I went for Eomer because the case is compelling and not all of us who vote for him can be wolves but scarily one at least may be...... has to be if you are innocent..but only you know about that...

Old 07-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #217
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm NOT a wolf!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #218
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Time is up, please stop posting.
The story will be up in a while.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #219
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

To reuse the words of Mandy Rice Davies "(s)he would say that wouldn't (s)he?"

Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #220
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The stress that day was nearly as thick as the mist. It was terrible, first, to know that three werewolves were among them, but having to stand so close to them just to be able to see everyone was what truely horrified the campers. As the day went on, and the debating grew more and more intense, Eomer the publican resigned himself to his fate with a sigh.

Macalaure shook his head, "He has to be a wolf...there is no other explanation..."

"That is if you forget the explanation I gave." Eomer sighed, thinking more and more about how they were going to proceed with the task of killing him. Brutes. Killing a bartender is one thing, but taking out a publican is surely barbaric behavior! Thinking on all of the previous deaths Eomer stood and smartly put away his instrument, so no one would be able to use it as a weapon.

"If you aren't a wolf...then there is no way we're getting out of here alive." Mithalwen said at length, like a true violist entering at an awkward time and at an awkward pitchy squeek. "If Eomer isn't a werewolf... we're doomed."

Kuruharan raised his hand with florish and interjected "Quite so, Cat-herd, but JennyHallu had stated that exactly fifteen minutes ago. Now... it's nearly dark.. and I really must stress how important we get this done with... after all.. we should bury him before night."

As the campers circled Eomer, he raised a stein and took his last drink. It was a nicely aged mead, however oddly bitter. "Any last words, wolf?" sneered Valier.

Eomer looked up at her and growlled "Don't let her pickle me."

"Thats do-able" JennyHallu shrugged, and leaned against her Aeolian harp. Catching onto the idea Roa_Aoife joinned her, tipping the structure over and crushing Eomer underneath. "...that was also much messier than I thought..."

"Nothing is happening" whimpered Macalaure.
Kuruharan snorted "Thats because we didn't kill a wolf."

The Living:
Roa_Aoife- trick pilot, double-necked electric guitar.
Valier- town pickler, piccolo.
Macalaure- unskilled inventor of of funny fake occupation ideas, on the verge of bankruptcy, Tuba
Mithalwen- cat-herder, viola
JennyHallu- street corner doom-sayer, Aeolian wind harp
Kitanna- hermit, didgeridoo
Kuruharan- condottieri, flute

The Dead:
Valesse- Master Accordionist (Mod) stabbed with A Sharp key.
Gil-Galad- Artisan spoon player (Mod) choked on his musical spoons.
Glirdan- town musician, sax (Ordo) impailled on his music stand.
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ (Seer) hung on a pipe organ yardarm.
Nogrod- idle fantasist, tin whistle (Ordo) asphyxiated on this whistle.
Mormegil- non-practicing wizard, triangle (Ordo) bludgeoned with his triangle.
Eomer of the Rohirrim- publican, double-bass (Ordo) crushed under Aeolian wind harp.

Wolves, choose your last kill.

Last edited by Valesse; 07-05-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #221
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fin.

Valier and Roa_Aoife turned and looked at JennyHallu, narrowing their eyes. "I am not the wolf! I'm not! I told you!" Jenny shouted back, feeling fear grow inside of her.
"Then...Why are you so frantic?" Kuruharan frowned heavily, crossing his arms.
"Because I don't want to die! I'm not a wolf!" Jenny sobbed again.

Behind her Kitanna lifted up her didgeridoo and weighed it in her hand "We know you're not the wolf, Jenny... you can calm down."
"You... do?"
"Of course!" the hermit replied with a smirk. "But by we I mean the other wolves and myself. However, I don't have time to chat, doomsayer, so this is goodbye!" And with that, Kitanna swung her mighty musical bat, hurlling Jenny deep into the mist.

Macalaure gasped "I knew it!" backing away and groping around for anything to use as a weapon against the now lupine Kitanna.
"But what you didn't figure," Roa_Aoife smirked "Was her partners in crime."
"I'm going to pickle you good!" Valier laughed, licking her lips.

Mithalwen shook her head in disbelief, holding her viola bow as if it were a sword, but quickly Roa_Aoife was advancing on her, holding the now evil looking double-necked electric guitar in one claw. "Stay away from me!" she shrieked, protecting herself the best way a violist can... starting to play. Roa_Aoife winced and with a flick of her paw, the viola disappeared in the same way as JennyHallu.

With a quick jab, Mithalwen was dead. Stabbed in the chest with both necks of the guitar.

"Mithalwen! Nooooo!" cried Macalaure, frantically trying to out run Kitanna the wolf. Surely refuge in his tent would give him some time, but as it struck him that the werewolves almost always went inside of the other's tents he found himself in a dark world stuffed inside of his tuba. "You lack originality, Wolf!"

"Yeah... but I always wanted to do that." Kitanna smiled, contently.

Outside the last villager was being cornered against the camp leader's tents by Valier, who had not quite finished alternating from licking her lips and playing her piccolo. She was watching Kuruharan like a pshycopath. Every twitch of his eye, or flinch he made at a high note was over seen. "Pickled Condottieri." She smirked "That sounds delicious."

"Stand back! If you lay a fing..a claw on me my entourage will come and avenge my death!"
Valier sighed, not wanting the verbal battle so close to sweet murder "that is if they can find you." Swiftly she grabbed Kuruharan by his garb and dragged him into her tent. There, impressively, stood an immense jar.
"No! I will not be pickled meat!" Kuruharan struggled valiantly. "I will not allow you to...!" He found Valier's piccolo, and pulled it from her claws and with great effort forced it into her chest.
Valier howlled in rage and threw Kuruharan into the jar. "Don't tell me what I can and can not pickle." She glared, closing the lid tightly.

_______
Great game, everyone,
Congrats, wolves!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #222
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

They were very good at being bad....

Ah well if you are going to be done up like a kipper you might as well be done by these three.... well done.... the nights clearly presented no major decisions for you but you did very well during the days to finish us off so early and convincingly.

Careers in politics surely beckon for you all ... Kudos

Something tells me that Kitanna feels a bit better about my game now

Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #223
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And well done Valesse ... guess your unused wolf transformation scenes will have to gather dust on the cutting room floor with my death scenes for Nogrod and D18.....

Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #224
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well done, wolves! Why on earth did I trust Kitanna. I should clearly know better.

I'm surprised I was rounded on so vehemently on that last day. At least I feel some comfort knowing that I voted for one wolf.

Nogrod, our fates were oh so similar in the end. Tragic, in a way (at least for us).

And no matter that you fiends brutalised our village; I graduated today and so even you cannot diminish my happiness. (Like I said, well-played. )
Old 07-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's quite near that I would say "I told you!", but maybe I won't...

In a hurry now, but some words later.

Congrats to the evil trio!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #226
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Roa and Kitanna had to be panicked all game.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #227
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

And I told you I wasn't a wolf.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #228
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well you both behaved more wolvishly than the wolves...... so not too much scope for being smug I couldn't believe my eyes when Eomer was innocent..

Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #229
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

mmmm pickled villagers......Ha I totally did not think we would get away with it. Sorry Eomer for the last day, but hey we were close to a win. I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did! I must say this was the most fun I've had as being a wolf. Great working with you wolfies! Valesse I loved the final death narration and thanks for adding the pickled thing.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #230
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

You had it in for me since Day One, Valier.

How could you?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #231
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

*sigh* How can I act more "wolvish" than wolves do? I never did understand why you thought me so suspicious.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #232
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry Eomer!!! I just picked someone I thought the village would want to kill....I was right.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #233
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Panicked the whole game? No, not quite. A little worried that last day, but never panicked. Though with retractable votes involved I always get this horrible feeling of dread. *looks at Mith*

But well-played all around, especially my wolven comrades. And kudos to Valesse.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #234
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kudos to my fellow wolves, Valier and Kitanna! Though I have to admit I'm some what disappointed we never got to use a Valier campaign on someone. That would have been the best. *sigh* Oh well...

Quote:
Actually I wasn't concerned about myself. I was a little concerned that Nogrod would carry through on his suspicion of Kitanna, but fortunately he went after Eomer and then took the bate with my distraction. (Sorry for picking on you when you're having a bad day, but you know how it is....)

I was surprised that no one picked up on me being one of the driving forces behind both our innocent lynchees. They helped, of course. Also, for all the talk of the voting record no one noticed that Valier, Kitanna and I voted the same pretty much the whole time.

So, Eomer, your theory really didn't hold water- we all helped lynch Nogrod. Why? Because we could. It's just best to go after someone who will garner suspicion from just about everywhere, and it's especially good to get rid of a power player early on, before he can get up to attack speed and lynch us all. I mean, at one point he listed the three of us as his suspects. And yet, no one listened to him....

Also, I have to say that I'm always amused by the, "I supect Roa because she's Roa. Not that I have any concrete evidence or anything; it's just Roa."

Old 07-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #235
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aw, thanks y'all.

It was very amusing watching the game, knowing how close and yet how far everyone was from catching the wolves.

Props to everyone!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #236
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Worried the last day ...... you could have put your paws up! Especially since half the ordos didn't seem to realise how dire the situation was. Felt like Judith in The Life of Brian....

At least I have ammunition in the future for anyone who finds my taste for statistics suspicious.. I really thought it was hopelesse given that you only had to wait for a non-returner to vote for an innocent and you had it in the bag.... but I guess tha it just proves what goes around comes around.... I will have to find a way to avenge viola players though!!

Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #237
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife

Also, I have to say that I'm always amused by the, "I supect Roa because she's Roa. Not that I have any concrete evidence or anything; it's just Roa."
Amused? But surely not surprised...... ?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #238
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I couldn't resist the viola jokes, Mithalwen. I just couldn't.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #239
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I am surprised you didn't use the one "how many viola players does it take to wall paper a room? - it depends on the size and how thinly you slice them..."

Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #240
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So, have you all learned your lesson? You have!? What is it? That's right! Don't lynch Glirdan because he's ALWAYS confusing and ALWAYS votes randomly on Day 1. Good job! Cookies all around.

Wolves, great job. You did really well.

Now, I'm off to go and (hopefully) start up the planning of my game (unless Samwise is back...). Hope to see some of you (actually, I can name three off the top of my head who SHOULD be there) in it. Again, great game!!