The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2003, 03:38 PM   #1
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The "other" trailer

I just watched the 'other' trailer, the earlier piece of the special sneak look from the Comic Convention, over again. In the part where Theoden says: "I would not have you grieve for those whose times have come," it shows Gandalf swinging his staff and Pippin in full Gondorian armor, grasping a stricken Merry in his arms. While that's nice, I can't ever recall Pippin going out into the battlefield, he found Merry trudging solitary back into the city, when Merry collapsed from the trauma.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes that's a change.<P>Remember that it was Imrahil that discovered that Eowyn still lived, so that job is going to have to be passed to someone else. My guess is Gandalf. The way I see it is Gandalf, with Pippin in tow, races out to where the Witch King went after the Denethor BBQ. Eomer has already seen Eowyn and has raced on in a rage. Gandalf sees that she is still alive and begins ordering her to be taken into the sitting while Pippin finds the striken Merry, unnoticed under his elven cloak.<P>It actually cleans the scene up a bit. Instead of a bunch of anonymous soldiers carrying Eowyn and Theoden away, then Imrahil finding them and informing them that Eowyn lives, and then Pippin seeing Merry after they have entered the gates, it's all combined into one scene.<P>H.C.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Beth the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Beth the Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beth the Elf
Sting

hm...so that's the trailer i have. I was trying to find the new 3 minute RotK trailer on Kazaa and i ended up with a different one.
Beth the Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>hm...so that's the trailer i have. I was trying to find the new 3 minute RotK trailer on Kazaa and i ended up with a different one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Go to lordoftherings.net & get the 3 minute offical one. It's great.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #5
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>. While that's nice, I can't ever recall Pippin going out into the battlefield, he found Merry trudging solitary back into the city, when Merry collapsed from the trauma.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've come to expect plenty of relativly small changes, & I don't mind that one that much. It's the larger ones I sometimes worry about/NEVER try to expect.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Beth the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Beth the Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beth the Elf
Sting

actually i remember reading somewhere that that was Eowyn with Merry
Beth the Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 02:33 PM   #7
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Beth: In the offical trailer it's deffinatly Eowyn with Merry, but in the one they're talking about, it's deffinatly Pippin (hard to mistake him ). <P>P.S. Nice avatar.<p>[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]