The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #641
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
If you click on her icon on the right hand side, then it goes to her. I think since you are both in the same place it just goes alphabetically.
Alphabetically? According to my knowlegde on alphabet, "dancing spawn of ungoliant" is before "Thinlómien". So do you mean it goes counter-alphabetically? (That would make sense since I think Lalwendë has similarily swallowed davern.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 AM   #642
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Where two or more people put their pin in the same place as their location, I believe that it places the latest pin on top. That's what happened when Rimbaud stuck his pin in London after I had just done so. You can still view both by clicking on the names on the side or by zooming in.

There are problems with the zoom function, however, as it seems to retain "ghost" pins from previous zoom levels.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #643
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Where two or more people put their pin in the same place as their location, I believe that it places the latest pin on top. That's what happened when Rimbaud stuck his pin in London after I had just done so. You can still view both by clicking on the names on the side or by zooming in.

There are problems with the zoom function, however, as it seems to retain "ghost" pins from previous zoom levels.
Makes sense.
*murmurs that Helsinki and Espoo aren't at the same place, they're different cities*
Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #644
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm yet another Massachusetts person.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 AM   #645
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Morm is from USA! I always thought he was German...
Old 10-29-2005, 07:10 AM   #646
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Morm is from USA! I always thought he was German...
My english is that poor eh? My ancestors come heavily from Germany and my last name is Germanic but alas I have never been to the mother country myself.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #647
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Come on over, morm! The weather's fine - at least right now it is, gorgeous, golden autumn days almost as warm as summer. (OK, I know that's not saying much... )
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #648
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
My english is that poor eh? My ancestors come heavily from Germany and my last name is Germanic but alas I have never been to the mother country myself.
I didn't say you had poor english! Many non-native english-speakers aren't poor in it. Consider for example Estelyn Telcontar, dancing spawn of ungoliant or HerenIstarion. If you didn't know where were they from, would you know they weren't native english-speakers? (My point is that many non-native english-speakers have fluent english.)

You have just such "german air" around you, and I still remember the thread about girls' names where you said your surname was german. May I ask what did you finally name her?
Old 10-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #649
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Also, I notice that zip codes can be entered for US addresses. I would counsel care in using this facility as I suspect that it may pinpoint locations with rather too much accuracy, given that the US and UK maps zoom down to street name level.
I wouldn't worry. I put in my zip code and then zoomed in to see how close the pin was to my actual location. It was all the way over by my cousin's house. Zip codes cover too large an area to find someone with it.

Now that I've said that, is there any way you can move your pin, or place a pin exactly where you want it, instead of having to let the thing place it for you using your zip code? I'd like to do that. That map is awesome. It actually shows my driveway! I could stick the pin right on top of the room where I'm sitting right now. Frankly, I don't care if some Downer finds me. It would just be a pleasant surprise.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:52 PM   #650
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I wonder why it has picked there? I am going to check the house out and see if it is better than mine........ but it is further from the sea...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #651
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
I am now the proud resident of a rather unremarkable field in Gig Harbor, WA.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #652
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, which do you want? College home or Home home? I'll just give both.

I live in the US. I go to college at Kansas State University, which is in Manhattan, KS. Which means I live in Manhattan.

For home, I live in a very small town in the middle of the same state. It's only about 2500 people or less. It's actually a very nice place, apart from the fact that there is nothing to do... ever... except The Barrowdowns!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #653
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
hookbill nifty link here http://www.frappr.com/thebarrowdowns for those interested is cool
Old 10-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #654
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Anguirel? England? My imagination thwarted again! How unfair. First I have to find out that he's not Antonio Banderas, and then I find out he's not like... 26... and now... now he's not from the South-western US? What is the world coming to?!

PS:

Also PS: Mith, the name "New Milton-Barton-on-Sea, England" is possibly the coolest in the world. I can only imagine young children trying to learn that mouthful.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #655
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Well, which do you want? College home or Home home? I'll just give both.

I live in the US. I go to college at Kansas State University, which is in Manhattan, KS. Which means I live in Manhattan.

For home, I live in a very small town in the middle of the same state. It's only about 2500 people or less. It's actually a very nice place, apart from the fact that there is nothing to do... ever... except The Barrowdowns!

Nowhere near Great Bend I suppose? I have been to the KSU campus!!!!! How bizarre...

Old 10-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #656
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Also, I notice that zip codes can be entered for US addresses. I would counsel care in using this facility as I suspect that it may pinpoint locations with rather too much accuracy, given that the US and UK maps zoom down to street name level.
I thought of that, given that my actual zip code encompasses a fairly small area and is a bit less congested than the area around my pin near South and Broad. Therefore, the zip code I gave is several miles from my real address. Not that I think anyone would want to look for me anyway.

I guess this is a reasonable solution if anyone is concerned about being located but still wants to participate.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:54 PM   #657
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
That was exactly why I chose not to do it... my zip code is for a town which is large in population but on the whole pretty small. I don't want to be that specific, especially when I zoomed in on my fair isle until I indeed located my street.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #658
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
I'm not overly concerned if people find me. Actually, my town is so small, giving the zip code narrows it down to about a square mile.

According to the map, the phantom is the closest 'Downer to me. But I know of one closer, since Estel has said he's also from Kansas.

Oh, and Mith, you strike horribly close.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #659
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
According to the map, the phantom is the closest 'Downer to me.
Indeed, according to that map phantom is only about a two hour drive from where I live.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #660
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
phantom is only about a two hour drive from where I live
Yeah, I've gone through Vermillion a couple times before. It's not very far.

For $200 I'll come up there hang out for a day.

Or for $100 I'll eat with you at a short order place and have a one hour conversation.

Or, for $50 I'll drive past your house, honk my horn, and wave.

I wouldn't have charged you for this stuff a year ago, but I've just gotten so busy this year that I've had to start charging for my time. I'm sure you understand.

If you want to cut a deal, have your people call my people.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:48 AM   #661
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I seem to have ended up right near an elementary school that I did not go to and is several miles from my house. My location isn't exact enough to really bother me at all, and besides, I'd be glad to have any of you came visit me, so long as you contact me beforehand and don't randomly turn up on my doorstep!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:14 AM   #662
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I don't know why they ran them together. Barton is now a suburb of New Milton which is the Post Town so it is really "Barton-on-Sea, New Milton" for me at least... but Barton was an Invalid City which made me laugh since we have the highest percentage of over 60s in the country. It is only cool if you are a geologist / paeleonlogist because of the unique blue clay. All in all it is a great place if you are into fossils

Old 10-31-2005, 08:10 AM   #663
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I wouldn't have charged you for this stuff a year ago, but I've just gotten so busy this year that I've had to start charging for my time. I'm sure you understand.

If you want to cut a deal, have your people call my people.
Yes, yes, of course I understand. Rates do go up overtime. But sadly, as tempting as it is, $200 to spend a day with the phantom is not in the budget right now.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:59 AM   #664
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
It is only cool if you are a geologist / paeleonlogist because of the unique blue clay. All in all it is a great place if you are into fossils
Blue clay? *ponders minerals involved*

What kind of fossils? I suppose it would be too much to ask for dinosaurs, but trilobites, perhaps? Or plants... plants?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #665
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Blue clay? *ponders minerals involved*
Silver, I know, has blue veins in mountainous strata, but it could be a number of things there... if it is silver, don't be afraid to share any, Mith.

In all seriousness, I don't pretend to be a geologist... though I have had a killer time digging out and presenting my chemistry teacher with the scare of his lifetime: uranium ore! It really isn't as dangerous as science leads on... I throw it at my sisters all the time!

As for the mapping (and the topic), my pointer is suprisingly close by! if one were to zoom out away from it 15%, my cul'du'sac is readible. I'd say thats an amazing feat for what little information I gave it to go after. Nice : )
Old 10-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #666
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It isn't bright blue - just a kind of wedgewood blue.. I don't know much about it ..I mean why would they teach us about our own location when they could tell you about the Borneo Sumba?

I only found a fossil once. It was lovely a little fern almost complete... unfortunately I was only looking because a we were having a Beach barbie with the German exchange students - and one of them was really interested ...good manners seemed to dictate I offer it to her ... and the wretch accepted

A few mils west and south are best known for dinosaurs - Dorset's jurassic coast and of course the Isle of Wight about 3 miles across the oggin...

Old 12-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #667
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Bringing up this thread for Valier, although it was Spawn who found it

Farael comes to the 'downs from the dark forests and small town of Buenos Aires, Argentina... which is on south america... you know? that big chunk of land to the south of Mexico.

You guys would not believe the questions people have asked so here are some facts about the country where I was born:

-South America goes down south almost as far as the border between US and Canada... and Argentina is on the southern end of South America. Still it is a fairly big country so where I used to live is not nearly as cold as where I live now (Winnipeg, Canada)

-We did have four seasons, but our winters never got any worse than maybe two degrees below zero with the windchill (my fellow canadians usually laugh at this)

-Even though I said dark forests and small town, I was being sarcastic... Buenos Aires is the size of NYC. Still I like it better in a smaller town like this one.

-Here's a crazy one I thought everyone would know about it... yet I found out many people did not. Right now, it is the end of Spring, almost Summer in Argentina. Seasons are inverted when you cross the Ecuator.

Now one fact about myself, as I've seen people talking about fossils in here... I happened to have some (you can buy them on street fairs in the city) the only problem is that fossils are, basically, stones... and stones are heavy.... and when you move from Argentina to Canada you want to save space and weight!! so my lovely fossils are still waiting for me on a friend's house. I had some nice pieces... if anyone is interested send me an IM and I'll tell you about them (no, I did not have a Dinosaur... yet)

But yeah... born in Buenos Aires, Argentina... living in Winnipeg, Canada!!
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:05 PM   #668
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

*mutters* More bloody Americans...

Farael, I have put you as being in Canada - although hey, if I ever need to do a test on Argentina...

Wheesh...reviewing that list, the Barrowdowns is represented in 33 countries, and over 40 American states as well. Wheesh.

Australia
Araathwen................................- Australia
Alkanoonion..............................- Adelaide, Australia
Silmarien...................................- Melbourne, Australia
Beruthiel...................................- Melbourne, Australia
Crazy_cookie............................- Perth, Australia
Evenstar...................................- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aeden.......................................- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Elen Ilúvitauri...........................- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
LadyMeg...................................- Ayr, Queensland, Australia
Niluial........................................- Sydney, Australia
Tarien Ithil.................................- Sydney, Australia
Iargwath...................................- Sydney, Australia
Taralphiel..................................- Sydney, Australia
Grimkű the Blood-Axe...............- Tasmania, Australia
Geffen.......................................- Victoria, Australia
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took...........- Victoria, Australia

Austria
Balin999....................................- Carinthia, Austria
Walter.......................................- Austria

Bahrain
Sleepy Ranger...........................- Bahrain

Brazil
Mumak o’Harad.........................- Curitiba, Brazil

Canada
Wilwarin538..............................- Canada
Fordim Hedgethistle..................- Canada
Ainaserkwen.............................- Canada
Carlas.......................................- Canada
Davin.........................................- Canada
Faxon Spear..............................- Canada
Oliphaunt...................................- Canada
Aosama, the Wandering Star.....- (South) Canada
Formendacil...............................- Alberta, Canada
Eowyn Skywalker.......................- Alberta, Canada
Esgallhugwen............................- Alberta, Canada
Gil-Galad....................................– Calgary, Canada
Salix...........................................- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thinhyandoiel.............................- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Auriel Haevasawen....................- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Gollum*elf*pup..........................- Aurora, Canada
Uialellethwen.............................- British Columbia, Canada
Faramir.......................................- Brunswick, Canada
Naaramare.................................- Fort St. John, Canada
Ivy of the Woods........................- New Brunswick, Canada
Manelwen...................................- Ontario, Canada
Glirdan........................................- Ontario, Canada
Fyara..........................................- Ontario, Canada
Lindril Arvilya..............................- Ontario, Canada
Galadrie1...................................- Deep River, Ontario, Canada
Glenethor..................................- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arwen Imladris..........................- Ontario, Canada
Mad Baggins..............................- Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada
Silent Sam..................................- Prince Edward Island, Canada
Luinsewiel..................................- Prince Edward Island, Canada
Losthuniel...................................- Toronto, Canada
Rosseiliantiel..............................- Toronto, Canada
Naurlothwen..............................- Toronto, Canada
Haltred.......................................- Victoria BC, Canada
Farael.........................................- Winnipeg, Canada

China
Nevvasiel......................................- Hong Kong, China

Croatia
Amrod the Hunter.......................- Croatia

Denmark
Maikadilwen...............................- Denmark
Tifo_gcs......................................- Denmark
Melephelwen..............................- Denmark
Rune Son of Bjarne....................- Denmark

Eire (Republic of Ireland)
Mariska Greenleaf.......................- Dublin, Eire
Dimaldaeon.................................- Galway, Eire

England
the guy who be short...............- Bedfordshire, England
Olorin_TLA.................................- Berkshire, England
Phervasion................................- Birmingham, England
Bywater....................................- Buckinghamshire, England
Donlammenion...........................- Gloucester, England
Mithalwen..................................- Hampshire, England
Failivrin.......................................- Hampshire, England
Arien...........................................- Hitchin, England
Kath............................................- Faversham, Kent, England
Becca..........................................- Chatham, Kent, England
Celebuial.....................................- Leicester, England
Hookbill the Gamba.....................- Lancashire, England
Narfforc.......................................- Lancashire, England
Rimbaud......................................- Kensington, London, England
The Saucepan Man.....................- London, England
LePetitChoux.............................- London, England
Frodosgirl...................................- London, England
Arelindil......................................- London, England
TheGentleman............................- London, England
TheLadyArwen...........................- London, England
The Squatter of Amon Rűdh.......- London, England
Donlammenion...........................- London, England
The real findorfin........................- London, England
Lyra Greenleaf............................- London, England
Adastrea.....................................- London, England
Lindil...........................................- London, England
Legoli.........................................- Nottingham, England
Amanaduial the Archer...............- Manchester, England
Eleanor_niphredil.......................- Manchester, England
Elanor.........................................- Manchester, England
Dain...........................................- Oxford, England
Mattius.......................................- Sheffield, England
Dragoneyes...............................- Suffolk, England
Randycarrot...............................- Tyne and Wear, England
Inderjit Sanghera......................- Wolverhampton, England
Lalwendë...................................- Yorkshire, England
Davem........................................- Yorkshire, England
Eruanna.....................................- North East England
Lady_Elf......................................- England
Gorothlammothiel........................- England
Nobody........................................- England
Ravenna......................................- England
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1.........- England
Daisy Brambleburr......................- England
Elentari Greenleaf.......................- England

Finland
Thinlómien.................................- Helsinki, Finland
Soronumë..................................- Finland
Dancing spawn of ungoliant......- Finland
Annunfuiniel...............................- Finland
Schmendrick...............................- Finland

Georgia
HerenIstarion..............................- Georgia

Germany
Durfuiniel.....................................- Baden-Würtemberg, Germany
Manardariel..................................- Berlin, Germany
Annúnthoroniel............................- Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Sharkű.........................................- Germany
Malva Headstrong........................- Germany
Estelyn Telcontar.........................- Germany

Hungary
Althern.........................................- Budapest, Hungary
India
Rutslegolas..................................- India

Latvia
Ophelia.........................................- Latvia

Luxembourg
Elrond of Rivendell........................- Luxembourg

Malaysia
Avarrogion...................................- Malaysia

Mexico
Lila Bramble.................................- Mexico

The Netherlands
Aramacil.......................................- Alkmaar, the Netherlands
Jurion...........................................- Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Finwe-89......................................- The Hague, Holland
Durazor........................................- Harderwijk, Veluwe, Gelderland, the Netherlands
Helkahothion................................- Zwaag, the Netherlands
Potatothan...................................- Zwaag, the Netherlands
Lord Melkor..................................- Holland
Cailín............................................-Holland

New Zealand
Vilyon............................................- Auckland, New Zealand
Eleventy1-tipsy-hobbits................- Hamilton, New Zealand

Norway
Thorongil.......................................- Bergen, Norway
Miriel Undomiel..............................- Bergen, Norway
Vanwalossien................................- Hamar, Norway
Holfast Willow from Greenfields.....- Norway
Balroggie.......................................- Norway

The Philippines
Amarinth........................................- The Philippines
Blackrose.......................................- The Philippines
Finiel............................................ ..- Bicol, the Philippines
Nilpaurion Felagund.......................- Cavite, The Philippines
Lhunardawen..................................- Cavite, The Philippines
Neferchoirwen................................- Muntinlupa, The Philippines
Yavanna II......................................- Manila, The Philippines

Romania
Anunia............................................ .- Romania

Russia
Eratariel......................................... ..- Russia
Akhtene...........................................- St Petersburgh, Russia

Scotland
Eomer of the Rohirrim.......................- Aberdeen, Scotland
*Varda*........................................... .- Edinburgh, Scotland
Lossentilien......................................- Edinburgh, Scotland

Singapore
Ryvyan............................................ .- Singapore

South Africa
Lotessa........................................... ..- Cape Town, South Africa
Elsilda........................................... .....- Cape Town
The Evenstar.....................................- South Africa
Gorisil........................................... ......- South Africa

Spain
Menelhachwen...................................- Alicante, Spain

Sweden
NightKnight....................................... .- Stockholm, Sweden
Gothmog........................................... .- Sweden
Eärendil.......................................... ....- Gislaved, Sweden
Fool of a Took....................................- Sweden
Gayahithwen.....................................- Sweden
Túrin Turambar...................................- Sweden

Switzerland
Guinevere......................................... ..- Zürich, Switzerland

The Ukraine
Seagull Jonathan L.............................- The Ukraine

Uruguay
Theoden........................................... ..- Uruguay

Unites States of America
Lady Iverin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Alabama, USA
LadyElbereth. . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Montgomery, Alabama, USA
Sleeping Beauty. . . . . . . .. . . .- Ashland, Alabama, USA
Gilthalion. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Mobile, Alabama, USA

Quicksilve_sprite. . . . . . . . . . .- Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Hirilaelin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Anchorage, Alaska, USA

Assasin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Arizona, USA

Milady Revenwyn. . . . . . . . . . .- Arkansas, USA
Lhundulinwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . - Arkansas, USA

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen. . . . . .- California, USA
Imladris. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- California, USA
Faye Took. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - California, USA
Dwarin Thunderhammer. . . . - California, USA
Beln. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- California, USA
Alquadae. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- California, USA
Elendur. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Bay Area, Fremont, California, USA
Brionna. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - (North) California, USA
The Fifth. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Antelope, Sacremento, California, USA
Susan Delgado. . . . . . . . . . . . - Chico, California, USA
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood– Santa Clarita, California, USA
Arie. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - San Francisco, California, USA
Lhunbelethiel. . . . . . . . . . . . . .- San Francisco, California, USA
Daisy Sandybanks. . . . . . . . . .- San Francisco, California, USA
InklingElf. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - San Francisco, California, USA
Elven maiden Earwen. . . . . . . - San Diego, California, USA

Emni Windrunner. . . . . . . . . . .- Colorado, USA
Aerandir Carnesir. . . . . . . . . . .- Mead, Colorado, USA

Peony_foxburr. . . . . . . . . . . . .- Connecticut, USA

Mithadan. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Florida, USA
Symestreen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Ealasaide. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Orlando, Florida, USA
Lëowen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
ElenCala Isil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Punta Gorda, Florida, USA

Warrenerd. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Maikafanawen. . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Savannah, Georgia, USA

Seremela. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Idaho, USA
Ithaeliel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Idaho, USA
Cameron Waite. . . . . . . . . . . . .- Idaho, USA
Brinniel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Boise, Idaho, USA

Sirithheruwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Illinois, USA
Bungo Baggins. . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Chicago, Illinois, USA
StarJewel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Luinalatawen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tigerlilly Gamgee. . . . . . . . . . . . . - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kalimac. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gwindor. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Iarwain. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Chicago, Illinois, USA

Sophia the Thunder Mistress. . . . .- Indiana, USA
Manaratowen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Indiana, USA
Lindolirian. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Alaklondewen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Indiana, USA
Vardamar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- (North West) Indiana, USA

Luthien-elvenprincess. . . . . . . . . . .- Iowa, USA

The Only Real Estel. . . . . . . . . . . . - Kansas, USA
Gurthang. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Manhattan, Kansas, USA

Galadel Vinorel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Kentucky, USA
ArwenBaggins. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Louisville, Kentucky, USA

Aeryn Evenstar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Louisiana, USA
The Perky Ent. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Krumtakh the Obtuse. . . . . . . . . . . - Maine, USA

Aylwen Dreamsong. . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Maryland, USA
Son of Númenor. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Maryland, USA
Sparrow. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Maryland, USA
Durelin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Maryland, USA
NazgulNumberTen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Beth the elf. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA
Kittiewhirl1677. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Massachusetts, USA
GaladrieloftheOlden. . . . . . . . . . . . .- Massachusetts, USA
Amarantha_Daisy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Massachusetts, USA
Cúdae. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA
Peonydeepdelver. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA
AbercrombieofRohan. . . . . . . . . . . . .- Massachusetts, USA
Shelob. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA
malkatoj. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA
Márcolië Lamen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Massachusetts, USA

Oddwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Michigan, USA
TolkienGurl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Michigan, USA
Red. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Michigan, USA
Tigerlilly Gamgee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . –Detroit, Michigan, USA

Jack. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Minnesota, USA
Radagastly. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .– Minnesota, USA
Calencoire. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Minnesota, USA
Meoshi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Jesse. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA

Elizabeth Elindel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Dininziliel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Lord_of_rohan2003. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- St Louis, Missouri, USA

Alphaelin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Nebraska, USA
The phantom. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Lord of dor-lomin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Cuthalion. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Hampshire, USA
Elrowen Tinúviel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- New Hampshire, USA

Faenaduial. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Jersey, USA
Phrim. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Jersey, USA
Merri. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Jersey, USA
Linaeve. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New Jersey, USA

Goldberry. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- New York, USA
Feanor of the Peredhil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New York, USA
Andredawn. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - New York, USA
Rose Cotton. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- New York, USA
Lothiriel Silmarien. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- New York, USA
Olorin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Long Island, New York, USA
VanimaEdhel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . – New York, USA

Saraphim. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Garen LiLorian. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - North Carolina, USA
Rinfanawen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - North Carolina, USA
Firondoiel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - North Carolina, USA
Bill Ferny. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- North Carolina, USA
Eruwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- North Carolina, USA
Lush. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Durham, North Carolina, USA
Legolas. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA

Thengal. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Ohio, USA
Scott. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Ohio, USA
Suicidal elf chick. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Ohio, USA
Birdland. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Ohio, USA
Hilde Bracegirdle. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Ohio, USA

Vuelve. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Oklahoma, USA

Maeggaladiel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Oregon, USA
Eol. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Oregon, USA
Dunmetiel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Oregon, USA
MYyyPreciousSS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Oregon, USA
Piosenniel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Eugene, Oregon, USA
Calenedheliel1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Eugene, Oregon, USA

Yavanna228. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Pennsylvania, USA
Steve. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Bashbrug the Thug. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Elenna. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Elois Telcontar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

Mark12_30. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . – Rhode Island, USA
Morsul the Dark. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Rhode Island, USA
Missy Evenstar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Rhode Island, USA

Nirvana II . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - South Carolina, USA

Elven_Warrior. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- South Dakota, USA

Lyta_Underhill. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Tennessee, USA
Lolidir. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Memphis, Tenessee, USA

Turgon. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Eressië Ailin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
BethoHOG. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
LaurinaAinur. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Alaggaeriel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Keowyn. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
Nilwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
Nevfeniel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
DaughterofVana. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Bulelainwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
One Axe to Rule Them All. . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
Arianrod. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
ElanorGamgee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Texas, USA
Earendil Halfelven. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Starkat. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Valesse. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Texas, USA
Arafangwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Austin, Texas, USA
Nuranar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - College Station, Texas, USA
Luthien_Tinuviel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Dallas, Texas, USA
Lily Bombadil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Gonzalez, Texas, USA
Regin Hardhammer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Houston, Texas, USA
Child of the Seventh Age. . . . . . . . . . . - Houston, Texas, USA
Finwe. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Brownsville, Texas, USA

Nimrodel_9. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Utah, USA
Elennar Starfire. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Utah, USA
Lady_Báin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Utah, USA
Ms. Took. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Utah, USA
Sapphire_Flame. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Riverton, Utah, USA
mormegil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Enorëiel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- West Valley, Utah, USA

Kransha. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - (North) Virginia, USA
Meneltarmacil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Hobbitlass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA

Snowdog. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Cle Elum, Washington, USA
Gorwingel . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Olympia, Washington, USA
Elsye. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Port Angeles, Washington, USA
Raefindel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Port Orchard, Washington, USA
Rochelle. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Renton, Washington, USA
Marileangorifurnimaluim. . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Seattle, Washington, USA
Alcarillo. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Seattle, Washington, USA

Lady Gamgee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- West Virginia, USA
Beren87. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- West Virginia, USA

NyteSky. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Wisconsin, USA
Orominuialwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Wisconsin, USA
High King Fingolfin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Wisconsin, USA
Diamond18. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Wisconsin, USA

Firefoot. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - Midwest USA
Oruminuialwen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .- Midwest USA
Elvencat. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - East USA
Waenfalathiel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - USA
Old 12-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #669
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm a Canuck (Canadian that is)
Old 12-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #670
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril Member Map

We had a member map many moons ago, but it was limited, so it eventually stopped being used. Since we all seem to still be interested in seeing our origins, I have started a new map on a new feature being offered by google. Please add yourself to the Barrow-Downs Member Map .
Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #671
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Boots

Is this not fun? We now have two competing member maps. . .

Hookbill's map is still in the lead with 44 members against the The Barrow-Wight's 13

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 AM   #672
gralin musicteeth
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: Tossing half-sick between grotesque reality and savage, frightening dreams
gralin musicteeth has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I'm from Newfoundland. And that makes me amazing.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #673
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I may be moving in the fairly near future(within this year or perhaps next)

to delaware to probably a place called new castle or at least a city near there at any rate its all in an area called Brandywine in fact there is a river there called the brandywine

and for viva la bam fans you may know this there are some spots named for lotr for example a bar near his house is called the hobbit hole
Old 04-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #674
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm from Helsinki, Finland. And that's not even amazing, in any way...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #675
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There aren't so many US-Americans here, actually.

It's Canada where you are most likely to stumble over a Downer perchance.

If you take the numbers from Amanaduial's post and divide by the population of the respective country you get:

Canada: 1,30 DpM (Downers per Million)
Finland: 1,18
Norway: 1,16
Australia: 0,87
Great Britain: 0,83
Denmark: 0,77
USA: 0,71
Sweden: 0,69
Ireland: 0,56
New Zealand: 0,54
Netherlands: 0,52
Austria: 0,25
Philippines: 0,10
South Africa: 0,10
Germany: 0,09
Russia: 0,01

(I left away countries with only 1 member. Otherwise Luxembourg would have won by far.)

btw, I'm from Germany, from the beautiful (well, sort of) town of Bielefeld.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #676
Legolas in spandex
Wight

Legolas in spandex has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Michigan
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #677
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Apparently cold people like Tolkien.

My husband thinks it's cause they don't go outside as often.

Anywho...I'm from Augusta, Georgia
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #678
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
If you take the numbers from Amanaduial's post and divide by the population of the respective country you get:

Canada: 1,30 DpM (Downers per Million)
Finland: 1,18
Norway: 1,16
Australia: 0,87
Great Britain: 0,83
Denmark: 0,77
USA: 0,71
Sweden: 0,69
Go, Finland, Go!

(And those darn Canadians win us in ice-hockey too..., sometimes. )
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #679
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Birmingham, AL USA, though I live in the metro area not B'ham city.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #680
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Apparently cold people like Tolkien.

My husband thinks it's cause they don't go outside as often.

Anywho...I'm from Augusta, Georgia
Pshhhh tell your husband that this "hot" hearted Latino likes Tolkien anyway. And from before I moved to Canuckia... erm I mean, Canada.

In any case, I'm not sure about the statistic.... I mean, it's true that there are ten times as many Americans as there are Canadians, but doesn't that mean that if you just walk down some big city in Texas (where there seems to be a rather large number of Downers, take that Jenny Husband's theory) saying "I live in the barrow downs... almost literally" it'd be more likely for you to run into a downer anyway?