The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting easter eggs

Does anyone know if there are any easter eggs on the new TTT DVD? I know there were a few on FOTR’s extended edition..let me know if anyone finds anything out!!
Old 08-27-2003, 04:07 AM   #2
Elentįri
Wight

Elentįri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No idea, I'm waiting for the EE of the Two Towers. About those Easter Eggs, I couldn't find them. I followed the directions of people who had managed it, but nothing appeared/happened...did anyone else experience the same problem?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #3
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

I found the easter eggs on the extended edition just fine..I wasn't aware of any on FOTR...I bet there will be some on the extended edition of TTT
Old 08-27-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
Elentįri
Wight

Elentįri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm, a thought has just struck me. All these people who have accessed these Easter Eggs have been American...has anyone from England managed it?? I don't know anyone else who has it...
Old 08-27-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I'm in Canada, and although I only knew of one Easter Egg (hidden TT trailer), it worked out fine. I believe that there may be a hidden RotK trailer (maybe even in the same place as the TT one) on the Extended Edition of Towers.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:59 PM   #6
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't know of any easter eggs on TTT (I was hoping someone else would...) but i did find one of the ones on the EE of FotR. I found the MTV Spoof... i couldn't find the TTT trailer no matter how many times i tried and no matter how many different ways i tried. That's weird and I live in the U.S. So did the opposite thing happening in England? Are you finding the Trailer and not the spoof?

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:18 AM   #7
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How do you find these Easter Eggs? And what are they? Are you right in saying there are hidden tracks on the DVD?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:10 AM   #8
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

In America, the SE of FotR has two eggs, on disk one of the MOVIE is the mtv spoof (I hear that's disgusting ), and on disk two is the TTT trailer that they released at the end of the movie while it was still in theaters.<BR>To find the trailer, you go to scene selection, on the right side of the screen there's a column of numbers. Select fifty-whatever and while your cursor's on it, go down. There should be a two towers icon and select that. That's how it's found in America, anyway. I did notice that a lot of that looks to be extended edition material. *dances wildly*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:46 PM   #9
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I found this quote on a DVD review site:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The MTV spoof will not, however, appear on the set issued by EiV in the United Kingdom. This is because the spoof would have casued the disc to have a rating which is higher than the 'PG' given to the film and all the other elements on the DVDs. Since all DVDs are classified by the British Board of Film Classification overall with regard to the 'highest categorised element', EiV were not willing to put this on the disc, risk a higher classification and prejudice sales. This will not be the case with LOTR:FOTR R2 discs issued elsewhere in the region. <BR>Since LOTR: The Two Towers has been given a 12A film classification, perhaps they might include it on a future issue of that disc. Then again..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: Elanor ]
Old 08-29-2003, 03:21 AM   #10
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I suppose you could hop over to France, and get one of their discs...
Old 08-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This is because the spoof would have casued the disc to have a rating which is higher than the 'PG' given to the film and all the other elements on the DVDs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>PG?? Is that a mistake or is the rating different in the UK?
Old 08-29-2003, 06:12 PM   #12
Eruanna
Memento Mori

Eruanna has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nope, no mistake. The e.e of FotR is a PG rating. I found the TT trailer easily and tried for ages to get the "spoof"; then I read somewhere that it wasn't on the British edition (I've seen it since and I don't think we're missing much )<BR>I bought the TT dvd last week but so far I haven't seen anything about any hidden extras....I'll buy the extended version too when it comes out....or at least I hope Santa will bring it for me
Old 09-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #13
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

If you guys have Kazaa or Bearshare or anyother downloading programs you may be able to find it on there. The spoof is really funny even if it is a little sick.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

I'm ashamed to have that MTV spoof on my FotR EE discs. It's in bad taste, and should be rated R. Perhaps this is where the rumor got started, however, about an R rating for the EE because of nudity. <P>Y'all who might try to find the TTT preview on the FotR EE disc, it's the one they released in the theater. You can find hundreds of previews like that on the TTT Wimpy Edition second disc.<P>But I'm going to ask you not to try and find the MTV spoof. It should be rated R for rear nudity, crude humor, and language.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:51 PM   #15
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Tolkien

How do you find this MTV spoof? I've heard about it (and I'm prepared for the disgusting-ness ) but I don't know how to find it.<P>EDIT: Knight of Gondor, I read your advice, and I see where you're coming from, but I at least want to see it once. p.s.- I keep hypnotizing myself by staring at your avatar! <p>[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 09-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #16
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

You will find the spoof on the first movie disc of the EE of Fellowship. Go to scene selections and use your arrow buttons to click all the way to where The Council of Elrond scene is. If you hit the down arrow once more, a ring should appear just below the CoE selection. Click ok, and it should play (rhyming not intended).<P>And in case you have not read above, you will not find the spoof if you are from the UK.<P>Knight of Gondor- the MTV spoof really is not that bad compared to some of the things I've seen on TV and in movies. It could be much, much worse.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #17
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Brinniel - I haven't seen all those things, so for one whose standards aren't depleted, it's still pretty darn gross. I've never been to an R-rated movie, never even seen any nudity or stuff like that. (Movies or otherwise) I'm saving myself for the true blessing that comes from being a virgin at my wedding!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 09-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #18
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dūm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

You go Knights of Gondor. I thaught it was funny but gross. I have seen nudity in many a movie and in real life(art class). But you have to admit it was funny in a discusting sourt of way. <P>So are there any others we should know about?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #19
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Actually, I think I heard that the same was done with FotR, but I didn't get the skimpy edition. I did want to get the TTT edition though, and I think there are a few credits, that's all.