The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Who is more beautiful, Aragorn or Legolas?

He he. Sorry, I couldn't resist, given the current top thread topics.<BR>Actually, I never *can* decide which of them is more beautiful. Depends on my mood...
Old 02-03-2003, 03:58 PM   #2
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

I am more into the dirty scruffy sweaty look..so I'll go with Aragorn..
Old 02-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #3
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think Legolas is not beautiful,he is HOT!! Aragorn is so dirty,thinking looking or even talking makes me shiver like the iciest wind creeping up my back.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

You crazy devil, you, Lalaith! But I think we happen to be in the same mood today, as the post I just got done writing in <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001816" TARGET=_blank>this thread</A> illustrates.<P>Personally, if given the choice between Aragorn and Legolas...I'd take Pippin. Book Pippin, that is... With bacon and mushrooms on the side.<p>[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 02-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Oh, Legolas! He is a beautiful person. So graceful and noble. *sighs* Words fail me.<P>However, Aragorn is not so bad looking either. But he is no match for my Legolas.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #6
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Hehe, I think so too. Legolas is really...just hotter. Anyways, Viggo Mortensensen's married (I think).
Old 02-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #7
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Beautiful? I don't really think that's the right word. I can see Legolas and any elf being described as beautiful, because they kind of have that ethereal presence, but Aragorn doesn't have 'beauty'. It doesn't make him less good looking though.<P>And I don't think Viggo's married. I know he's divorced, though.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #8
Primrose Maggot

Sting

definantly Aragorn!!

Old 02-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #9
Deiagorn
Pile O'Bones

Deiagorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Deiagorn Send a message via AIM to Deiagorn
Sting

uggghh i can see this being a 300+ reply job. Luckily i'm a bloke so I dont have to focus on such... debates. Though i'll stick with an Eowyn or an Arwen any day
Old 02-03-2003, 08:56 PM   #10
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

ARAGORN!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #11
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Pah. You people all obviously lack in the taste department. The real hottie here is Gimli: those dirty dreads, those stumpy legs, that bulbous nose!
Old 02-03-2003, 11:00 PM   #12
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

And the eye bags!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #13
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
The Eye

Being within His bondage, I'd have to say that Sauron is the most beautiful!<P>I remember riding into war with him, along with the other Nine ... he was radiating with such an ethreal darkness, his armour shimmering, his eyes burning with malice and hate, his golden tresses billowing behind him, cascading like a waterfall leading to the gateway -- actually, I'm not even sure if He <B>HAS</B> hair.<P>Oh, and both Aragorn and Legolas are equally .. good.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 02-03-2003, 11:32 PM   #14
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

VIGGO MORTENSEN. <P> <P>That's my answer to the question, "who is more beautiful?"
Old 02-04-2003, 12:15 AM   #15
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awww, screw the Limey and the Swede. The only thing I want to know is who thinks I'M hot!
Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 AM   #16
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Personally I prefer Elrond...<P>*Melts into a a little hobbity heap on the Rivendell floor*
Old 02-04-2003, 04:31 AM   #17
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

*strokes chin thoughtfully*<BR>So, this thread has 15 or so replies, of which many are sarky males muttering bitterly.<BR>Eowyn/Arwen thread has 24 replies, all of which are genuine opinion-offering.<P>And there is supposed to be a fan<I>girl</I> problem on these forums?<BR>
Old 02-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #18
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, but us men do it tastefully and intelligently. And how can you not say that Miranda Otto is the most beautiful creature on the Earth? (Well she gives Kristian Kreuk and Keira Knightley a run for their money) *Laughs and giggles* <P>As for who si the better looking of the two. I think in the movie it is problably Viggo, though Orlando is quite handsome too.<p>[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Old 02-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #19
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Don't tell me I've been mistaken for a man yet <I>again</I>. Should I stuff my bra perhaps? (Same goes for Birdie, who is definitely a chick...pun intended)<P>
Old 02-04-2003, 10:08 AM   #20
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that the flower and your name Lush, give you away as a girl and I don't know why others would think otherwise. And what's this about stuffing bra's? <p>[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Old 02-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #21
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Why are women always so hung up on looks? There are more important things, you know, like money!!! Which would make Peter Jackson the most beautiful. <p>[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]
Old 02-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #22
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

Eowyn and Gimli are the most bootiful. No competition.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #23
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I so prefer Aragorn, but I thinks that Legolas is going to win with the votes.... <P>Bye, Elessar
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
Old 02-04-2003, 02:10 PM   #24
Lush
Fair and Cold

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There are more important things, you know, like money!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Touché. Thank you for setting our priorities straight. Though in that case, I believe it would be the bigwigs at New Line who take the cake.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #25
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to say that neither Legolas or Aragorn are the hottest in the films, the one who steals my heart is Nazgul #9, he is so hot.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #26
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Ring

Hi! Frodo!!!!<BR>But between the two,probably legolas because he is an elf and all there special powers and everything. When I see Viggo(Aragorn) I see a 45 year man. When I see Orly(Legolas) I see a 26 year old hottie
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:11 PM   #27
lanrete
Pile O'Bones

lanrete has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aragorn so does Not look like his age! He looks like he's in his early to mid-thirties. As for'Who is more beautiful', Legolas of course! He's beautiful with his long blonde hair(i don't usually dig blonde guys), his don't-mess-with-me attitude-or-i'll-kick-your-*** ! attitude and his mad bow skillz! But ORlie and Viggo?? Hmmm... Mr. Bloom still wins, but he definitely looks much better as Legolas. Not to say Viggo is ugly or anything.. he's got this air about him that makes him quite appealing.. he's soo soft-spoken.. gentle yet manly at the same time.. and so cultured. He's just the kind of guy I would fall for if I was still single.<p>[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: lanrete ]
Old 02-04-2003, 03:31 PM   #28
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Aragorn!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragor n!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Ar agorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn !!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!A ragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!Aragorn!!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:51 PM   #29
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When I see Viggo(Aragorn) I see a 45 year man<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>And your point is...?
Old 02-04-2003, 11:54 PM   #30
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas is more beautiful but Aragorn is sexier.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:05 AM   #31
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

Aragorn has manly appeal, but "beauty"? If you want to know who is more "beautiful", it is most definitely Frodo. Sheesh. This thread really should say "Who is more beautiful, Frodo or Legolas?" Then at least there would be real competition. Shallow, skin-deep competition, but nevertheless...<P>The Movies Forum has definitely deteriorated in the last few days. Most of the top threads are about fangirls and sex appeal. I remember the good ol' days back in December when the air was crackling with feverish debates about the newly released TTT.<P>Right. Which leads me to point out that Faramir should be in this debate, bad personality or not.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:39 AM   #32
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn has manly appeal <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> and I find manly appeal beautiful. I don't see beauty as something that belongs just to women and/or children (ie Frodo) (sorry )
Old 02-05-2003, 06:44 AM   #33
Ringfenwen
Pile O'Bones

Ringfenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would never have chosen the word beautiful to describe Aragorn (unless referring to his soul)<BR>Sexy, hot, lush, stunnin', gorgeous, scrummy: YES!!!!!!<BR>beautiful: not in the conventional way, no. <BR>Besides, who wants beautiful. I much prefer mud, blood, sweat and stubble. Far more sexy! <BR>YUM!<BR>but anyway, my vote's for Viggo! (bet ya hadn't worked that out yet!)<BR>now, i better fetch a cloth, drool can't b good for the keyboard!!<BR>AAAAARRRRRAAAAAGGGGGOOOOORRRRRNNNN!! !!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #34
finnguala

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> If you want to know who is more "beautiful", it is most definitely Frodo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly! <P>And I also don't think Aragorn and Legolas are beautiful. They're just handsome. Well, 'just'

Old 02-05-2003, 02:41 PM   #35
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Silmaril

The following is an entry from a friend of Ainaserkewen:<BR> all right i have to admit legolas is really hot with the blond hair blue eyes thing, but the dark and mysterious aragorn gets a lot hotter the dirtier he gets so the question is how hot will aragorn and legolas be in the third movie?
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 02-05-2003, 03:12 PM   #36
Angel of the Earth

Tolkien

I seem to think that Aragorn has the manly appeal he is strong, good at fighting ect. ect. But Legolas has the gracefulness and the lush, long, blonde hair! Can I have both???

Old 02-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #37
Elois Telcontar

Shield

Aragon, I'm not sure if Orlando will look as good when he is 45, it's a sad fact but blue eyed blonds don't always age as well as brown eyed brunetts.

Old 02-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #38
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm not sure if Orlando will look as good when he is 45, it's a sad fact but blue eyed blonds don't always age as well as brown eyed brunetts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I hate to burst your bubble, but "Orlando" has brown eyes and dark hair under those contacts and that wig!<P><BR>And furthermore it is not a "fact". People that don't care of themselves are the ones that age poorly.<P><---has blonde hair and blue eyes
Old 02-05-2003, 08:40 PM   #39
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."<P>*ducks* Sorry, I couldn't resist! But before I have my say, here's a definition of beauty (courtesy Merriam-Webster Online):<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Going with the spirit of the thread, I'll take "qualities" to include physical attributes only.<P>That said: Legolas is certainly the more "beautiful." After all, elves are the fairest of Iluvatar's children. I haven't the Silmarillion handy to reference, but I think they were distinguished by the beauty of their appearance.<P>However, it appears we are discussing attractiveness as well. In that case, I'd have to say...I really don't know! Both are quite <I>attractive</I>, and frankly I don't like to dwell on such things for a very long time. Down that way lies superficiality, you see.<P>But this is still fun to think about, and definitely fun to read everyone's response. Come on now, girls! Don't just state your preference; give your reasoning!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:49 PM   #40
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Shield

If anyone is interested, my mother thinks that Éomer is the hottest.