The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien A TON of ROTK spoiler pics

I found these at a site off of Theonering.net<P> <BR>Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli coming out of the Paths of the Dead<BR> <BR> <BR>Arwen {I had to}<P> <BR>Sam in Hobbiton once again<P>I had other Arwen pics {one with Galadriel}, but they only seem to work at certain times. Oh well. That's all I could find for now. {Oh, and I emphasize "for now"} <p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Th middle two dont work for me, but the others are pretty cool. Where on the one ring did you find them?
Old 02-01-2003, 03:37 PM   #3
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Only two pictures are showing up for me.... I like them, though! Thanks, Eruwen!
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:39 PM   #4
Eruwen

Tolkien

I know, hang on. I'm trying to figure out why they won't work. I might have to post them later. And I found them at a link that went to comingsoon.net I believe.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wait, I see the Arwen picture! If I'm not mistaken, thats her wedding dress, so it must be at her wedding day! cool
Old 02-01-2003, 05:15 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just judging from the outfit, that is going to by one beautiful wedding (I wonder what Aragorn is going to wear) That crown is beautiful, I wish I had one
Old 02-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #7
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

COOL COOL COOL!!! Oooohh I can't wait!
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooh, those are good, thanks. Is that Aragorn's chin I can see just above Arwen's head?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:54 PM   #9
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

IT is! It is! Man... she's short!!<P>Great pics, thanks a ton for them <P>Himaran
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 11:22 AM   #10
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Is it just me or can you see half of Merry;s head to the left of Arwen?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #11
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great! Thanks for the pics!

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Eruwen

Tolkien

OMG that is Merry! Could that be a possible clip from the ROTK movie poster? Cause that is a little strange...<P>[EDIT: I just found the other three pictures of Arwen. Here they are...{I hope they work}]<BR> <p>[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Old 02-02-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> OMG that is Merry! Could that be a possible clip from the ROTK movie poster? Cause that is a little strange... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It seems that way doesn't it? I do agree that that bit of Merry is weird.<P>That pic of Arwen and Galadriel is in the FOTR movie guide. I really do hate that dress on Liv. Wide neck cuts do not flatter her at all. Her dress in the last pic is very pretty, though.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #14
thunder_goddess
Pile O'Bones

thunder_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to thunder_goddess Send a message via AIM to thunder_goddess
Ring

Oh please, please please don't have Arwen marry in the movie. Her role is already inflated enough. Just have them kiss or something, but dont make that the end of the movie<P><BR>--------------------------------------<P>Glorfindel - "Arwen, you thief, give me my horse back"
thunder_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #15
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Show me more! Show me more!
Old 02-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #16
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

can someone give me a link to the actual pictures on theonering.net???
Old 02-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #17
Sindae
Haunting Spirit

Sindae has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yes, please give us a link!!!<BR>(by the way: thunder_goddess, cool signature!!! )
Old 02-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #18
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh please, please please don't have Arwen marry in the movie. Her role is already inflated enough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, but that's the part that was in the book! So it would not be an inflation, it is the little bit that is the base for the inflation that is already there. If they left out the wedding I may begin to suspect that I've wandered into another dimension. That would be the 5th dimension, as I'm already in the 4th since Faramir.<P>I can only see the pictures in the first post, not the other three Arwen pictures.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:59 PM   #19
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yay! Spoilers!!<P>That certanly looks like a movie poster.(the arwen one)
Old 02-02-2003, 06:19 PM   #20
Arpinor Romenel

Sting

Wow! may i PLEASE have that link???!!! ROTK is gonna be VERY LONG because they still have to destroy Isengard and get to Shelob. I know the movie won't end with Aragorn & Arwen's marriage bcuz of Sharkey in the Shire. Did i ruin anything for anybody?
Old 02-02-2003, 06:24 PM   #21
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
OOOH I love being spoiled!! Thankyou for sharing those with us I can't wait till RETURN OF THE KING!!! YAY!!<BR> -(~<~> Yavanna
Old 02-02-2003, 06:38 PM   #22
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

What do you mean, Sharkey in the Shire? I thought we had figured out that there was to be no scouring of the Shire...I'm lost. Can we have the exact link please? <p>[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: the mortal elf ]
Old 02-02-2003, 07:13 PM   #23
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I know the movie won't end with Aragorn & Arwen's marriage bcuz of Sharkey in the Shire. Did i ruin anything for anybody? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>can I have THAT link please? <P>Arpinor - PJ is already QUOTED as saying there will be no Scouring of the Shire. So stop spreading that rumor! <P>If you all want the links to the pictures, just right-click on the photo and choose "properties" it will give you the web address.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #24
Eruwen

Tolkien

Ok, ok, you people be patient. The link where I found the pics is <A HREF="http://www.comingsoon.net/forums/showthread.php?s=ad918079a84380d47821efd4d43fb35e& threadid=9765&perpage=25&pagenumber=1" TARGET=_blank>here</A><P>You will have to search throught the pages, cause, ya know, it's a forum. But there are some really cool ones on that topic. There are more spoilers throughout the site though.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #25
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The pic of all the corpses with the arrows in them is in either the Two Towers preview, or the Teaser Trailer packaged with the theatrical Fellowship DVD (I can't remember which, but I think it's the later). I was never able to place the scene. What makes people think it's from Paths of the Dead?<P>I think it more likely something that was cut out. In FoTR, there shot some scenes of the elves of Lorien killing orcs that follow the Fellowship from Moria. Could this not be a shot from that cut scene?<P>H.C.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:06 PM   #26
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

Or could it be the Fords of Isen? I see dead orcs/Uruk-hai, dead horses (which would not be in Lorien, methinks), and arrows made by no orcs.<P>Of course, I lack any DVD or trailer resources, <B>HCIsland</B>.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:53 PM   #27
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really hope that picture of Arwen in her wedding dress is NOT the poster for Return of the King. I was burnt up over The Two Towers poster in which Arwen was placed much more to the center than Frodo and we see her...what? like, twice in the movie, whereas the story concerns Frodo and there is this tiny shot of him *ok, yes, I am exagerrating hehe*. So I really hope they don't smack Arwen right in the middle of the poster for Return of the King, since her role is definitely not as big as other major characters that deserve to be on there. But wait! This is hollywood...gotta' have the love story played up! grrrr...

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:21 PM   #28
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That can't be Aragorn behind Arwen - there's way too much beard there. I think it's more likely that this is Gimli behind her. This appears to be a pose (of possibly the whole Fellowship?) on her wedding day. If photos had been invented in ME yet, I'd say they were taking wedding pictures. I don't think it's a poster, though - although I could be wrong. Looks more like a publicity still to me.
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #29
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Or could it be the Fords of Isen? I see dead orcs/Uruk-hai, dead horses (which would not be in Lorien, methinks), and arrows made by no orcs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Good point. So it can't be Lorien. Any help placing the shot at the top of this thread? Again, what makes people think it might be Paths of the Dead?<P>H.C.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:15 PM   #30
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> That can't be Aragorn behind Arwen - there's way too much beard there. I think it's more likely that this is Gimli behind her. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So they finally find Gimli a box to stand on, then ...
Old 02-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #31
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

For those of you that haven't noticed in one of the very first trailers that came out before the Fellowship there is a shot of Merry kneeling before Theoden in the RotK. So that's another spoiler if your intrested.<P>And that can't be Gimli behind Arwen. It's definatly Aragorn. Remember, he's had alot of time to grow out his beard.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #32
ElvenSunSet9

Sting

This picture is just....wow...it shows how smeagol really detereorated because of the ring. <P> <P><BR>...::...Lutheyn...::...
Old 02-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #33
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

What an Awesome pic! <P>HC chants: Don't overinflate hopes - don't overinflate your hopes
Old 02-06-2003, 02:36 PM   #34
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Well, now that I can actually see those other three Arwen pictures, I should point out that the third one, the white dress, is from FotR. When we first see her dismounting (through Frodo's feverish eyes) she wearing a white dress. I have that pic on the FotR playing cards.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #35
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This time the folks from <A HREF="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm" TARGET=_blank>DarkHorizons.com</A> have some information about the running time for The Return of the King as well as some information on the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and the stand at the Black Gate! Minor Spoilers!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #36
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I am thoroughly creeped out by that Smeagol pic... I wonder if they will include that part of the back story in ROTK? It would be a shame for the work of Andy Serkis as Smeagol to go to waste and end up on the cutting room floor.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:02 AM   #37
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

ElvenSunSet9 where did you get that picture fo smeagol? That's great!!
Old 02-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #38
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I love the Arwen pics. Thanks sooooo much!<BR>Her clothes are so beautiful too.
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #39
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Wow that Gollum pic is really cool. Is that suppose to be in RotK?
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #40
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> That can't be Aragorn behind Arwen - there's way too much beard there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, Aragorn actually shaves in ROTK.<P>Isn't he sooooo HOT?!??!
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote