The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting dreaming of middle-earth

so, i have heard of dreaming in black and white..and dreaming in another language..but have you ever dreamed in middle-earth? Have you actually dreamed that you were there? Tell me of your experiences!!

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: JenFramp ]
Old 02-16-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have had many Middle Earth dreams. Usually, I am just walking, going somewhere that I don't know. Gandalf is almost always there, but not the rest of the company as we know them. I had always accompanied the Ring Bearer until recently when I was the Ring Bearer. Talk about a stressful dream. It was scary. The Nazgul were near, and I was sneaking in and out of shadows. I'm glad I'm not the Bearer in reality.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:28 PM   #3
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I had one were i was an elf! it was awesome i was walking around and a bunch of orcs were way over there so i hid and shot them all wiht me arrow!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

hey i had a dream like that. i was an elf but it was weird(dont laugh) but Morgoth escaped and he was very powerful and he would return to middle earth in 250 years so i had to go to middle earth and have every one bord ships to a island called Tol Laure that was created for me to live. We all survived thanks to me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (in 4th AGE, after Aragorn and Arwen were dead)

yes,yes everyone is laughing. now o well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:42 AM   #5
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I've got the weirdest one so far:

I dreamed that I was in Mordor, but Mordor was the *good* side. I was like a new recruit or something (just a human, I think), but I was looking around the place and there were all these dragon-type things (the Nazgul ride them, but they don't have a name....), and orcs everywhere...........

It was good, I wish I could've gone back and finished it....
Old 02-17-2003, 01:45 AM   #6
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

I dreamed that I was in a hobbit hole with Frodo and Sam and then we got ambushed by Orcs..Aragorn carried us and we ran away..
Old 02-17-2003, 10:09 AM   #7
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I dreamed the other night a new LOTR dream of the many I have had. This one was the weirdest though.

Some guy gave me a secret internet site where I could buy the real one ring. I went online and ordered it. It didn't look like the ring in the movie though. It was sort of squarish instead of having that round look on the band. Instead of gold, it was a greyish green color. The letters were firey gold though.

I never put it on, because I was afraid of what it would do to me. At one point in my dream, the ring slipped onto the very tip of my finger. I took it off as quick as I could because I started to feel weird.

Well, I ended up going to this party. I put the ring down on a table for a second. Then, I saw a ringwraith. He had my bottle of shampoo. {Yeah, weird.} I started to grab the bottle from him, but when I retrieved it, I saw he also had the ring. I struggled and struggled to get it from him. Finally I did, but another ringwraith came after me.

{This is what freaked me out the most.} I was knocked down, and the ringwraith reached out his bony hand for the ring. {Kinda like in the movie.} He had long, bony fingernails that scraped me as he grabbed for the ring. All he was saying was {in the screeching voice} "Give me the one ring" over and over. Right when his hand got near it, I woke up.

That was a very freaky dream, and I did not like it.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had a werid dreams.

This one was really werid. In my dream, I was a hobbit in the Shire, but the sky was completely black. All on the other hobbits were running around in panic. Everyone was carrying a tourch. All of the hobbit-men were screaming "Take the lasses and children to the Western Borders! Hurry!"

I didn't ask what was going on because I already knew. The quest had failed, and the great armies of Mordor were claiming all of Middle-Earth to be thiers... and they were headed for the Shire.

Hours must had pasted in my dream. I was currently helping the hobbit-women onto ponies to leave. Then, there was a yell form a great crown of hobbits, "There here!"

The hobbit-women were off. Some, sadly, were left behind. The hobbit-men had biuld a stone barrier, about the hieght of two men. A row of hobbits stood on top of it. I ran to the wall, got on it, and looked. As far as the eye could see, the armies of Mordor were marching towards the Shire. Then, they started running for us. We weren't even armed.

They were only a few feet away when I woke up. That was a very scary and werid dream. And nothing looked like the
Old 02-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #9
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i was standing outside lothlorien with just about everyone from lotr
Old 02-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #10
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I dreamt I was in the battle in the movie- the actual movie version- watching Isildur cut the ring off Sauron's hand. I was one of those elves with the long swords. Then I was in the battle of Helms Deep with Aragorn and Legolas etc. I think I got hit by an arrow, and was carried off somewhere. It was kinda hazy, and then I realised I was only watching past events in Galadriel's mirror...but when I turned to speak to Galadriel, it was my mum standing there....very strange.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:22 PM   #11
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Have I dreamt of being there? Well DA! That's where my RPG character Elentari came from.... you see it all started....

Well, basically, after having seen the film and then reading the books, I got really into LotR. I started dreaming right from the start (well, Elentari joined from the Old Forest) but I added Elentari as part of the group. She kinda followed Frodo "in spirit" but followed Aragorn cause he were like a big bro to her! She started of as being 14, but then i changed that to 2014.... more realistic....
Old 02-17-2003, 05:27 PM   #12
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I had a dream where Merry, Pippin, Frodo, and Sam were sitting in the aisle of a school bus, making tea. Somehow they had managed to start an open cooking fire on the bus. Weird. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #13
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

If that's enough, this topic has also been discussed at length on the following threads: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...&f=17&t=000188 http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...&f=17&t=000378 http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...c&f=2&t=001513 http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...&f=14&t=000763

That's all I found in my search of Novices and Newcomers, Middle Earth Mayhem, and Barrow Downs...if there are more, then...well: go find them! LOL
Old 02-17-2003, 10:34 PM   #14
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In my class I am renowned for my famous saying: 'I had the WEIRDEST dream!'
So here goes:
I dreamt that my friend Kaylee and I were hobbits, and the whole of Hobbiton was having a miniature war against shrunken Orcs. They were only about up to our chests. They won, so for some reason we were playing dead, and then this one Orc came up and said: 'Hmm, they're dead. Which shall we eat first? This one?' and he grabbed Kaylee's arm and started chewing on it. She screamed, 'NO!!' and leapt away. Then the Orc grabbed my arm and I also yelled 'No!'. By that point all the hobbits got up and we went into two different warehouse rooms; the Orcs in one and us in the other. The Orcs were taunting us, {this is where it gets goofy} saying "Ha ha! Our room is better than yours!" Their room was filled with TV's and computers and gadgets of all sorts. Ours was bare. Then our boss pulled a rope and the walls went up, revealing sweets and pastries and cakes and cookies and generally sweet foods of all sorts. Then we started laughing at the Orcs. I picked up a piece of white chocolate with Oreo bits in it, and started to eat it. I spotted Pippin sitting in the corner, his belly swollen, still pigging out on candies. Then all of a sudden, over a loudspeaker, I heard: "PIPPIN TOOK IS BEING ARRESTED FOR EATING ANOTHER HOBBIT."
We all knew that the Orcs were just plotting, but for some reason all I did, as the Orcs grabbed Pip, was run up, give him a hug, and whisper in his ear "It's okay. You show them. By the way, you're very cute." {AARGH!! I can't believe I said that!! I sound like a real Pippinbopper!!}
He gave me a huge grin as he was dragged into the Orcs' room. They X-Rayed his stomach contents, and they saw Merry's waistcoat. The last of my dream was Pippin yelling, "I didn't eat Merry, I just ate his waistcoat!!"
Don't ask. It's just my nature to have dreams like this.
*shudders*....Pippinbopper....can't believe myself!!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:58 AM   #15
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

A "bopper", huh? I've never heard that statement. I like it better than fangirl. I'll have to remember that.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:09 AM   #16
Finwen
Animated Skeleton

Finwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Middle Earth dreams, huh?
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The worst one was where I met Glorfindel and Elrond, and then I ate Vilya. Yea, that's right, I ate an Elven Ring of Power. Then the said Elven Lords got pretty mad, as one would expect! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

It tasted like candy, if anyone's wondering... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Finwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:16 AM   #17
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
In my class I am renowned for my famous saying: 'I had the WEIRDEST dream!'
Me to! My friends groan and hide whenever they hear it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alot of my dreams are not something that I wish to share, though [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

This is a weird one, however. I went into the kitchen, but the kitchen was upstairs. I was hungrey, so I made myself a sandwich. I opened the cupboard, said "sandwich" and Peter Jackson popped out with a sandwich. I said "thankyou", took the sandwich, and he went downstairs.
I follow him, and go out into the back garden, where, for some reason, my dad is re-making the LOTR films. He has all the actors, but they are all in crates packed in with bubble wrap. They have airholes, but are banging away to be let out.
I ask my dad why they are in crates, and he says that otherwise they would get damaged. I say "but they will starve" and he replies "if it happens, it happens".
But I am not about to letr them starve. I have a sandwich, and am not afraid to use it.
Going from actor to actor, I shove a little bit of tuna sandwich in through the airholes. i then nab off with the crates when my dad is not looking. I go into a sort of stone garden, open up the crates and yell "go! Be free! fly, my pretties!Fly"
They fly, and I get grounded for doing it.

Strangly enough, I still have my sandwich.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:59 AM   #18
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I go into a sort of stone garden, open up the crates and yell "go! Be free! fly, my pretties!Fly"
LOL!! Well, seeing as how im sick today and have nothing else to do, I'll put down all my LotR dreams that i have had:

I dreamt that me, Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam, and my friends Anita and Elen(i just call her that, her real name is Ellen) were walking around my town. It didn't look like my town but the name was the same and everything. The Nazgul were after us, and we saw them. Frodo and (i think) Anita scrambled up a tree and everyone else ran into the bush. I started walking down the highway, thinking "They'll never think to look for me here!" Strangely enough, they didn't. Go figure. That happened a couple more times, and then we were all standing in front of my house all of a sudden. It was the same situation as the town: didnt look like my house but i knew it was. Then my mom drove up in our car (same thing as house and town) and we saw the Nazgul coming to get us. We all jumped in the car and sped off, leaving the Nazgul in a cloud of dust! Go us! Whee!

Heres another. Quite short, as it was part of a non-LotR dream. It just popped into my head in the middle of my dream. Pippin was rescued from the Uruk-hai by a family, and they put him to work selling pretzels in the Bree marketplace. Then Frodo came and saved him, because he took off his pretzel-holder thingy and ran away out of Bree with Frodo back to the Shire.

Craaaazy.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote