The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #281
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally

Day 1
  • Mostly lots of banter
  • Accepts the three-person list immediately, but that is kind of inevitable for someone arriving so late. Doesn't say anything either way.
  • Doesn't like the suggestion of using Isildur's power at all, especially on a Day 1. I suppose there are other schools of thought, but to me that's an opinion that seems to be on the side of the villagers. Of course, she certainly knows that, so it could be a nasty wolvish tactic just as easily.
  • I don't like this post. She's just agreeing without adding anything.
  • Calls out Morsul. Maybe a slightly excessively, but justifiably.

Conclusion: Not sure quite what it was that made me find her fishy yesterDay, but she seems quite all right to me so far.

Day 2
  • First one to seriously move away from the Boro discussion. Could go either way. A KM would want to start setting up a lynch; an innocent would want to start discussion on the Day ahead when it's clear that we won't know Boro's role for certain. The post in itself makes a lot of sense, though it is quite heavy for so early in the Morning. She's not messing around (well, she is, but she's also definitely going for it).
  • Posts thoughts on people, with some songs.
  • Not sure what to make of this. Seems a bit contrived.
  • Rips apart Morsul's Day 1 logic. Such strong and consistent attacking doesn't seem too wolvish to me.

Conclusion: Other than this post, she seems pretty good to me. I'm quite surprised at this outcome myself, given my suspicion of her yesterDay, but there you have it.

General comments: There's not going to be time for me to look through everyone, it seems. Manwe has said too little anyway, so there's not much I can say. Morsul seems just like a very skittish innocent at the moment, because I imagine a wolf would be more concerned with convincing others than himself. So that leaves Nerwen, Zil and Lottie for me to look at, and even then, only briefly (half an hour to DL).

edit: x-ed with phantom
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #282
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I fail to see how Sally's suspicions of Pom are necessarily more justified than mine, when Pom voted for me YesterDay.
That was yesterDay. Pom doesn't even mention you toDay, so she apparently no longer sees you enough as a threat to discuss.

I'm just saying that when an innocent is accused by a player, they are more likely to have their opinion of said player influenced since they know that accusation is false. Of course a baddie could retaliate too, but I think they'd be more subtle about it.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #283
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
So are all going to vote according to phantom's directions?

I'm sure he's really, really, enjoying himself right now...
Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #284
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Not sure I like this post. It's like Steve is painting Pom as a sort of witch-hunt victim, which doesn't seem to me to be the case at all, actually.
Well, there did seem to be a sudden wave of Pom-suspicion when I started that post, so I was expecting to see something incriminating, but couldn't. More surprise than anything.

edit: x-ed since me
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #285
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Ive looked a bit at Sally, Steve and Morsul and so indirectly a smidge at Pom and Inzil and i'm in two minds behind that quagmire especially with phantoms list.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #286
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

So at the moment I can see myself voting for Lottie, Nerwen or Zil unless something drastic happens.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #287
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would be okay with voting for Pom or Morsul, possibly Eonwe.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #288
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I would say I'd be okay with voting for Morsul, but that would be taking a chance on his guilt without telling us much if he's innocent. Steve or Pom would tell us more - Steve probably more than Pom. With that in mind, I'd say I'm most likely at this point to vote for Steve.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #289
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ten minutes left and Morsul and Inzil still look the most suspicious to me. So I'll be voting for one of them.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #290
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

VOTES
Pom ++ Sally
Morosul ++ Pom
Inzil ++ Steve
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #291
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm considering Inzil or Sally at the moment...
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #292
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thus far,

Pom -> Sally
Morsul -> Pom
Zil -> Steve

...is that seriously everyone who's voted? This is going to be a madhouse.

EDIT: xed with a double tp
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Ten minutes left and Morsul and Inzil still look the most suspicious to me. So I'll be voting for one of them.
Of the two, I'd clearly prefer Morsul, but I won't stop you from voting Dun either. I do think we'd learn more from Morsul though (so even if we're wrong, which, you know, let's not be, we'd at least see possible connections with Pom and/or Steve).

EDIT: x'd since the post I quoted
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #294
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Of the two, I'd clearly prefer Morsul, but I won't stop you from voting Dun either. I do think we'd learn more from Morsul though (so even if we're wrong, which, you know, let's not be, we'd at least see possible connections with Pom and/or Steve).
Well, we'd learn if you and he were connected - which, with this post, seems increasingly likely.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #295
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WTH? Less than 10 minutes to go and only 3 votes?!?!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #296
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I think it'd be fun if we all vote in the final 90 seconds and see what happens. *snicker*

But yeah- obviously the KMs don't want to vote yet because first they have to see if one of their fellows gets put under threat.

It's a game of chicken, with everyone holding their votes seeing who will blink first.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #297
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Pom
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #298
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Well, we'd learn if you and he were connected - which, with this post, seems increasingly likely.
Fine by me. I've no evil to hide.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #299
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
After thinking things over and seeing the most recent posts, I'm now more inclined to go with Steve over Pom. As noted, his was one of the Eomer votes, and it still seems likely at least one of those was evil. I know it isn't me, and seemingly not Brinn. That leaves Sally and Steve, and of the two Steve looks worse, based upon toDay's activity.
What tipped the balance was Nerwen's # 272. If Steve turns out evil, then Pom is pretty well implicated.
I don't think both Pom and Eonwe would be evil. If Pom were lynched and revealed as a baddie, Eonwe's statement about the witch-hunt would be proved wrong, which could put him in a bad light. Would a baddie risk that?

Also, why do you say I'm seemingly innocent? Do you think there's the possibility that this information is wrong?

Last edited by Brinniel; 11-30-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #300
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

You know what? It's a very last-minute suspicion, but it's one I can actually put any weight behind. Sally or Zil? If one is a wolf, I bet the other is, too.

EDIT: lot of xing.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #301
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I think it'd be fun if we all vote in the final 90 seconds and see what happens. *snicker*
*slap*

I don't get it, but I'm more freaked out about it than you.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #302
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
I'm going to stick with what i've seen

++Morsul
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #303
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Inzil
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #304
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't think both Pom and Eonwe would be evil. If Pom were lynched and revealed as a baddie, Eonwe's statement about the witch-hunt would be proved wrong, which could put him in a bad light.
That's a good point.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #305
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I would say I'd be okay with voting for Morsul, but that would be taking a chance on his guilt without telling us much if he's innocent. Steve or Pom would tell us more - Steve probably more than Pom. With that in mind, I'd say I'm most likely at this point to vote for Steve.
I basically concur with this, though I think I prefer Pom over Steve. I read what you said about it being foolhardy for a wolf to try and cast suspicion on Brinn, but that was before Brinn was a known innocent, yet while she was an almost-known one– and it's very bad for them to have too many people regarded as un-lynchable.

As for Morsul– we may have to lynch him eventually just to see what he is, but I don't think it's quite got to that point.

Anyway–

++Pom

EDIT:X'd with heaps of people. Including both votes since my last post.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #306
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Sally

Bah, I'm tired. I don't think I'll even stick around to see the narration. I'm still not over my flu-bug yet...

Anarion- please give priority to Brin in your protection. If the KMs try to get cute and kill me or Brin instead of the obvious Shasta, then whatever. I'm pretty busy Sunday anyway, so I wouldn't participate heavily....

Good night, everyone.

(edit: x-posted with... everyone else)
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #307
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I feel more worried about Inzil than Morsul which is why I voted him. Plus, it sounds like I could be thrown off by Morsul's playing style, so I'll hold off another Day.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #308
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Sally
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #309
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Pom
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #310
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ha ha, that was great!

We know how to finish.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #311
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Deadline. Stop Posting.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #312
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Phantom, you're fired for trying to kill me like that. Why must you use a poor maid so? *whimpers*

EDIT: x'd with the mod and a very mean young man
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #313
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry, tp, but I just don't currently suspect anyone on your list enough to vote them right now.

EDIT: X'd with many.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #314
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

++Inzil
edit: argh
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #315
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Sorry Steve, that vote doesn't count. But it wouldn't have made a difference anyways in the tally. Just vote toMorrow.

Pom is lynched. I might not have a narration up soon, and so that the Night people can start their work, Pom is an ordo.

With that train of thought - Night people, start your work!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #316
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Night 2 Start(ed a good while ago)

“When do you think we will get a King’s Man?” asked a young man. Some men grunted or shot icy looks at him.

“Do you know what will happen to us?” the same boy asked again.

“Stop asking such questions. It does not help us any,” the old man said patiently.

“But I want to know! I think that they will help me find a person I suspect of being a King’s Man!”

“Do not argue,” quipped a man with thick, curly hair. “Listen to sagely advice when it is given to you.”

“But what if I disagree?” the boy continued on.

“Then don’t disagree!”

“What sort of thing is that to say when our survival depends on rooting out the three malicious people within us?”

The boy’s voice was louder than he intended. Some people turned their heads to look at him. One seemed to have come upon some dazzling idea.

“Hey, were you not the one who threw the first stone?” he asked.

Was he really? I’m sure he didn’t do it because he was evil!

*sigh*. I thought this wouldn’t last long.

What wouldn’t last long?

You not asking questions.

What questions?

Just – just don’t talk.

“He was, by Eru!” another man replied.

“I didn’t know that man was innocent!” the young man protested. “You all threw stones too!”

“And asking all those questions, just doesn’t seem right!” yet another man said.

“I just want to do the best thing! All I want is to get rid of the King’s Men!”

“Watch him argue!”

Despite the boy’s protests, they dragged him to the town square, where the night’s victim was found dead this morning.

“You have done it, have you not?” roared the crowd.

“I’m a good boy, I am!” the boy pleaded. It was no use. The crowd was deaf to the truth. Someone brought out a sword. His head was forced forward. Then the sword came down.

Nothing happened.

I knew he was no King’s Man!

Aye, so you told me. But they didn’t.

ALIVE:

Morsul
Nerwen
Inzil
Lottie
Shasta
Manwe
The Phantom
sally
Steve
Brin

DEAD:
G55, the hesitant King’s Man (modess) – stabbed on Night1
Eomer (ordo) – stoned on Day1
Boro (gifted) – drowned on Night2
Pom (ordo) – decapitated on Day2
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #317
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 3 Starts

As the villagers closed their eyes, praying that the next day will prove to be more successful, the King’s Men met near the edge of the settlement. For some time they only whispered. One nodded. They walked slowly through the streets, making no noise as they went. Then they came to the house of their choice. It looked empty from the outside, but they knew that there was a man inside. A good man. A trusted man. A dangerous man.

The door creaked slightly when they entered in. They tiptoed into the bedroom. Just like they thought, the man was inside. He sat gazing out a window. Somehow, the King’s Men knew that he held more power than it seemed.

“Good morning, sirs! Has the beautiful Anar disappeared from the sky, or did the time shift so that the morrow is now at midnight?” the man gave a nervous chuckle.

“We are not amused by your petty jests,” one of the King’s Men replied coldly. “We do not come here to exchange greetings.”

“Wherefore do you come, then?” the man knew the answer and dreaded it, and he braced himself for a rough fight.

“We are come for your life.” There it was. Suddenly, it did not seem as fearful to the poor man as he thought it would. After all, what is his life, the life of but one simple man, no matter how good, in the webs of history of Ea? His life would not merit one stitch in Varie’s tapestries, or so he thought. And he would continue on, beyond the circles of the world, even if his life is taken.

“Nay, ‘tis not my life that you need,” he said, and his quiet voice rang in the room. “’Tis my death that you came for.”

“Life or death, we will have it!” one of the King’s Men said triumphantly. Before the victim could do so much as make a sound, they were on him. One hastily produced a piece of rope, which he wrapped around the man’s head and pulled until the life went out of him. A pale mist rose above him and floated out the window that faced the West.

ALIVE:
Morsul
Nerwen
Inzil
Lottie
Manwe
The Phantom
sally
Steve
Brin

DEAD:
G55, the hesitant King’s Man (modess) – stabbed on Night1
Eomer (ordo) – stoned on Day1
Boro (gifted) – drowned on Night2
Pom (ordo) – decapitated on Day2
Shasta (gifted) – throttled on Night3

Last edited by Galadriel55; 12-01-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #318
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, are we going to debate what role Shasta had?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #319
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So Pom was Ordo which means to me anyway Sally is evil Nerwen is evil and probably ZIl. Nerwen and Sally keep suspecting me but never vote me. I mentioned I'm an easy lynch and useful at a critical moment for the KM well we could have worst case scenario two bad lynches till game's end so frankly now's my final stand as an innocent I have to go with what I think what I'm sure of. I will have really no time for this day so in case I can't get back by DL:

++Sally

Yeah I'm that sure.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #320
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Anyway, yesterday's lynch was.... irritating. I did a special readthrough especially for Pom, and following that I made this post announcing that I was transferring Pom into the "free pass" category.

No village has ever regretted listening to an innocent Phantom. You know that, right? *grumble*