The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #41
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Thanks Lalaith, I'm ever so slightly ahead of you; though I am, of course, trailing behind the 100% records of Estelyn and Underhill. There has to be a minimum of two games played to be worthy though.

So here's mine (including the Junior games):

Winning side in the games moderated by TGWBS, Feanor of the Peredhil, Firefoot, Holbytlass, the phantom, Glirdan and Shelob.

Losing side in the games moderated by The Saucepan Man and Anguirel.

7 out of 9. That's a winning record of 78%.

I have survived once only, meaning I have had eight lovely deaths!

Good idea, SPM! Us statistic junkies will be spending hours on this thread.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #42
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
And now, adding in the WWJ stats to the one I previously posted.

Games in: IIX, XIV, XV, XVI, WWJI, WWJII

Number of games: 6
Modded: 0 (Sub-modded: 1, which I screwed up miserably.)
Ordinary Villager: 3
Werewolf Hunter: 0
Cobbler: 0
Werewolf: 0
Black Beorning: 1

On winning team: 2 out of 6
On losing team: 4 out of 6 (Technically, one of those was second place out of three. )
Survived to end: 1 out of 6

I can't say that adding in the junior stats really helped my appearance, other than fleshing them out a little. So, for my own amusement probably, here's some other random facts(well, not so random.):

What I was:
Black Beorning: 1
Innocent: 5 (Man, I hope I don't make it six in a row!)

What I did:
Killed mercilessly: 1
Acted rationally: 3
Implemented a far-fetched, no-shot-of-ever-working plan: 2

What happened:
Lynched: 4 (2 for stupid plans...)
Killed by wolves: 2
Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #43
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And if thou wilt, remember, And if thou wilt, forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
How about, after every game played, the mod comes here and posts the results for his/her game instead of me or Saucy doing it unless you really want us to that is. How about it?
No!!!! This one won't!!! It is too male/anoraky/ borderline Asperger's for me... I would rather let my games pass into legend or be forgotten without being quantified and registered and reduced to statistics .

If choose to that is up to them....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:06 PM   #44
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
No!!!! This one won't!!! It is too male/anoraky/ borderline Asperger's for me... I would rather let my games pass into legend or be forgotten without being quantified and registered and reduced to statistics .

If choose to that is up to them....
Well, our games will always be a legend for the generations to come, you have to remember that Mith. All the games that we have today will be a scary story that you would tell to your children to put them to sleep. Our stories WILL become legends. After all, we are the forefathers of this forum, are we not??

Besides, your game isn't going to be turned wholly to statistics. Speaking of which, I think that we should refrain (even though we do it all the time [normally]) from using these statistics in an actual game.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #45
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I think that we should refrain (even though we do it all the time [normally]) from using these statistics in an actual game.
Uh oh, now you've opened up a can of worms. I think that's asking for the same kind of trouble I've learned not to ask for in regard to codes. Yeah, some players will hate the stats, but some players hate codes. Some hate getting lynched. But at what point do you decide that something may not be part of the game?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #46
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
And as far as game play goes the statistics probably can't help you that much. Since much of the game is random (who gets what role for example) you can't really look at something and say "Oh well So-and-so's been a wolf 3 out of 10 times, so s/he has a 30% chance of being a wolf" (sorry, I don't actually feel like calculating anything). Their chances of being a wolf would depend on the original number of villagers and the number left, not on what role's they've had in past games.

Not to advocate for or against allowing them, just to point out that just because you can use them doesn't mean they'll necessarily help.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #47
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
I dont have anything to show, but Im proud of my success. (not singular)

Played in: WWJ Let the Insanity Ensue
Modded:0
Ordo:0
Hunter:0
Ranger:0
Seer:0
Black Beorning:0
Cobbler:0
Mytho:0
False Seer:0
Sherrif:0
Werewolf:1!

Won: 1 out of 1
Survived until the end: Same
Lynched:never
Votes: 1
________
Mazda 929 Specifications

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #48
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
It is too male/anoraky/ borderline Asperger's for me...
Yup. That's a pretty fair description.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I think that we should refrain (even though we do it all the time [normally]) from using these statistics in an actual game.
Too late for that, I am afraid. A number of games have referred to the chances of someone being a Wolf twice in a row, or (on a personal note) the chances of "someone" eventually being a Wolf.

I agree, however, that direct quotes from this thread (or, indeed, any previous game) should be kept out of the games. That should be fairly easy to enforce.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #49
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hmm, not much for me.

'Original' Werewolf Games:
Games: 2
Modded: 0
Ordinary Villager: 1
Werewolf Hunter: 0
Cobbler: 1
Seer: 0
Ranger: 0

On winning team: 1 out of 2 (50%)
On losing team: 1 out of 2 (50% again)
Survived to end: 2 out of 2 (100%...the first time because I was so inept it made sense for the wolves to leave me & the second time because it looked like I was so inept (from Eomer's POV) that it made sense for the wolves to leave me )

Killed by wolves: 1 out of 3 (33%)
Lynched: 2 out of 3 (67%...though one of those was a self-lynch )
Survived till the end: till the end as in, the last DAY or NIGHT? 2 out of 3 (67%)

Werewolf Junior:
Game(s): 1
Ordinary Villager: 0
Hunter: 0
Wolf: 0
Seer: 1

On winning team: 1 out of 1 (100%)
On losing team: 0 out of 1 (0%...not that I mind)
Survived to end: 0 out of 0

Unfortunately I have this tendency to adopt extremely irrational strategies in the games I play...

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 03-21-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: adding how I've died...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #50
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Too late for that, I am afraid. A number of games have referred to the chances of someone being a Wolf twice in a row, or (on a personal note) the chances of "someone" eventually being a Wolf.
I'm beginning to wonder if people aren't 'doctoring' the 'randomness' of who's who so that this 'someone' is never a wolf.

Okay, not really, but I'm beginning to think that you may never actually become a wolf...
Old 03-14-2006, 01:21 AM   #51
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ha ha. I refer you to WW18, old chap!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #52
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Well, our games will always be a legend for the generations to come, you have to remember that Mith. All the games that we have today will be a scary story that you would tell to your children to put them to sleep. Our stories WILL become legends. .
Well I don't have children and if I did have any, I don't think such gory tales would be good at getting them to sleep... more likely give them horrific nightmares requiring years of expensive therapy...definitely tales to tell other people's children just before you leave...... almost as much fun as taking them to an amusement park, filling them full of vile coloured fizzy drinks and icecream - then returning them to their parents full of sugar and additives and feeling a wee bit icky....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #53
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
So that's why my grandparents took us to so many amusement parks...Mithalwen, your wisdom astounds me.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #54
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Let's see...
I have a very successful lynch rate - 100%- I have never lived until the end of the game.

In my first WW game, a fellow wolf (Malkatoj) survived until the end but the concensus was that it was a draw. I consider it a victory, however. Just because I want to do so. ViCTORY

I was then lynched on the second day as Ordo in my first WWJ game. I think the villagers won. VICTORY

My second turn as werewolf I implausibly outlasted my mates and lived to co-exist with a mere handful of villagers. Werewolves lost. This was a heartbreaker because TGBWS (wolf) wanted to kill Malkatoj the night before the Seer-atoj outed him. DEFEAT

Last game, the conniving wolves allowed the naive villagers to lynch me and in a historical game the lupines won. DEFEAT

I consider myself an unsuccessful player but am still learning. I hope to embrace my wolvish personality without condemning myself to the noose. Whenever I try to change my modus operandi it attracts even more suspicion.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #55
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Gurthang: I'm beginning to wonder if people aren't 'doctoring' the 'randomness' of who's who so that this 'someone' is never a wolf.

Okay, not really, but I'm beginning to think that you may never actually become a wolf...
I often wonder how 'random' some mods truly are. I guess we can only trust them.

Gurthang,
you should peruse the last game in which Sauce finally lived up to his reputation as having wonderful wolf potential.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #56
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Here are my stats:

Games played in- WW: VII, VIII, IX, XI, XIII, XIV WWJ: II, IV

# of games played: 8
modded: 1 (X)
ordinary villager: 3
werewolf: 2
ranger: 0
hunter: 1
seer: 1
cobbler: 0
shiriff: 1

winning team: 3 out of 8
lossing team: 5 out of 8

killed by wolves: 4 out of 8
lynched: 3 out of 8
survived till the end: 1 out of 8

Well that's not to terrible. I'm happy about the fact that I've gotten to experience almost all the roles.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #57
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Well that's not to terrible. I'm happy about the fact that I've gotten to experience almost all the roles.
I (and Saucepan) wish we could all be so lucky.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #58
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Add me to that list. I've only had the chance to experience two roles!!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #59
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
I often wonder how 'random' some mods truly are. I guess we can only trust them.
Depends on the Mod...

I was mostly random. I'll confess to making Kuru the Cursed just because I wanted to see that... But otherwise, I was random.

Now, the Phantom was not. He claimed, if I recollect correctly, to have looked at his player's list and picked the three best Werewolf candidates, in his opinion...
Old 03-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #60
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Now, the Phantom was not. He claimed, if I recollect correctly, to have looked at his player's list and picked the three best Werewolf candidates, in his opinion...
Kinda funny that the wolves win so often, yet in the game where they were supposedly 'stacked', they didn't. Maybe that shows that victory really has nothing to do with skill, but is more based on luck. I mean, really, just look at Saucepan: I consider him a 'good' werewolf player, yet his win percentage doesn't really reflect it.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:06 AM   #61
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
When you think you have it bad...just think of Nilp!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:49 AM   #62
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
My stats are simply depressing. I think I've only been on the winning side once and have never survived until the end. I was eaten by werewolves a few times, but been lynched far more often.

Still, some of the games I lost I consider moral victories. And the only game I 'won' I'm definitely not too proud of. I guess statistics don't tell all.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #63
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Moral victory perhaps, Cailín; but real victories are better.

I guess this thread could also serve as a sort of .... confessional? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that games of Werewolf, when I'm playing in them, do take over my life and make it hard for me to think about anything else.

Come on, I know some of you are in the same boat. Those hours spent perusing every post 10 times over were totally worth it. Give us some figures. I was on one thread for 4 straight hours.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 03-15-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #64
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

It's true, Eomer. Your 4 hour record beats me, I thought 2 and a half was bad. That was my inaugral WW game. We villagers won that: something I am most proud of. My next outing was horrid: taken out as an ordo by the hunter! Oh, the betrayal! My third outing is ongoing, so ShhhZip!

Does anyone else have a folder labelled 'Werewolf' with dividers and profiles on each villager, with statistics from this thread. Or perhaps a fiancee who simply replies 'Oh dear' when you let her know you're in another game of WW?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #65
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseGamgee
Does anyone else have a folder labelled 'Werewolf' with dividers and profiles on each villager, with statistics from this thread.
*looks up startled*

And here I thought I was the only one to OCD so much with my computer files. I have a WW folder with some 12 files in it on everything from "examinig esty" to "why underhill ought to die." I also have all of my notes and plans from when I modded in a spiral-bound notebook up on my shelf.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #66
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
'Original' Werewolf Games:
Games: (6) V, VII, IX, X, XIII, XV
Cobbler: 1
Wolf: 2
Seer: 1
Cursed Villager: 1

On winning team: 3
On losing team: 3
Survived to end: O

Werewolf Junior:
Game(s): (2) I, II
Modded: 1
Ranger: 1
Wolf: 0

On winning team: 1
On losing team: 1
Survived to end: 0

Wow, I'm really bad at surviving 'til the end. Oh well, death is fun too.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #67
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Does anyone else have a folder labelled 'Werewolf' with dividers and profiles on each villager, with statistics from this thread.
I'm "old" school so I have lots of spiral notebooks. My girls get pretty mad and say I owe them when I confiscate theirs with the pretty pictures on the front. When those aren't handy I have lots of bank deposit books with notes on the back cover.

Quote:
Or perhaps a fiancee who simply replies 'Oh dear' when you let her know you're in another game of WW?
I can't let my husband know. He gets so irritated!! Something about house looking shabby and no dinner . But I have hooked my girls and they are dying to play when they're older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
I also have all of my notes and plans from when I modded in a spiral-bound notebook up on my shelf.
I printed my modding posts and pasted them in this cool little LOTR journal that have sketches in it. I'm so proud of my game. *laughs at dorky self*
Old 03-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #68
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Well, that was fun.

I once again an Ordo in the latest WW game and managed to get myself lynched on day one.

So far my roles: 2 wolves, 3 Ordos, 1 Ordo WWJ, no other gifteds/special roles.

Lynch ratio: well, as Nilp had me exclaim in my death scene: "I am batting a thousand, Baby!"

I swear I'm a nice, if lynchable, guy. It seems that people who haven't played with meare often tempted to lynch me but veterans are more inclined to understand me.

However, no more on that game because it is ongoing.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #69
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Since Mith didn't want to enter her WWJ game into this, I'll volunteer for the duty. I just have to do it....
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #70
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Well, I guess I can now claim the throne to being the first ever Werewolf player to have bagged all standard roles - and the Lover, too, for its debut!

I still think I'm more heroic as Cailin called me, though.

Anyways, is it just me, or is the Hunter a role often assigned to a newbie Werewolf player? If I recall correctly:

II - The Barrow-wight (Doh!)
III - Azaelia of Willowbottom
V - Gil-Galad/Sophia the Thunder Mistress
VI - Lhunardawen
VII - Durelin
XIV - Aiwendil
XV - Farael
XVI - Naria

A bit odd, ain't it? Or maybe it's really just me.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #71
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye WWJ VI: Return to Midsomer Mawlin - Kill me again

Link

Mod: Mithalwen
Werewolves: Feanor of the Peredhil, Kuruharan, Kitanna
Seer: Boromir88
Villagers: Azaelia of Willowbottom, Diamond18, Firefoot, Gil-Galad, JennyHallu, Mormegil, Nogrod, Oddwen, Sleepy Ranger

Mithalwen - moderator killed by werewolves on Night 1
Feanor of the Peredhil - werewolf not hanged but drowned, drawn and pinned on Day 1
Sleepy Ranger - ordinary Villager, suffocated by gold paint (so tacky) on Night 2
Kuruharan - werewolf, lynched anagrammaticaly on Day 2
Boromir88 - seer, drowned in a bath of baked beans by a werewolf on Night 3
Kitanna - werewolf, suffocated with her own cane and run through with a sword on Day 3

Result: Resounding villager victory (Azaelia of Willowbottom, Diamond18, Firefoot, Gil-Galad, JennyHallu, Mormegil, Nogrod, and Oddwen surviving)
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #72
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
To be consistently updated:

Games: WWJ IV, WWJ V, WWJ VI
Ordinary Villager: 2
Wolf: 1

On winning team: 1 out of 3 (33%)
On losing team: 2 out of 3 (0%...not that I mind)
Survived to end: 1 out of 3

Notes:

WWJ IV: was suspected the whole time, was completely wrong in all my analyses.

WWJ V: was never suspected, (even when it was down to two possibles and a seer's dream ), nominated for rehabilitation, but it was turned down by a mod. (Who had the ghosted other wolves give me a traitor's death for asking.)

WWJ VI: I was right! Whoo-hoo! Accidentally engineered the third wolf's death--on day three. Whoops!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #73
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by Samwise Gamgee:

So I'm not the only one(and neither are the others that have replied to that).

I do have a folder but it's mostly just assorted thoughts of my own, suspicions of the players, & the daily voting from WW 7.
In my first & third games I did more printing off what I wanted to read & then writing down thoughts & notes on those pages – since I can’t be on the same thread for four hours like Eomer.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #74
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
How many times has a Hunter slain a werewolf? I know Guy let Feanor kill LMP at the end-play of WWIV, but the only time I remember a Hunter killing a werewolf and dying in the process was Azaelia. Can't remember who she killed, though, or in which game.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #75
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I can remember a certain incident, Lal.

It was on the first 'real' Night, too. In the phantom's game, Eomer the Evil Hunter correctly marked me as a blundering wolf and I was shot. I think that lost the wolves the game, too.

It was all very dramatic.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #76
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
How many times has a Hunter slain a werewolf? I know Guy let Feanor kill LMP at the end-play of WWIV, but the only time I remember a Hunter killing a werewolf and dying in the process was Azaelia. Can't remember who she killed, though, or in which game.
Azaelia pegged Holby if I remember right - giving the villagers one last shot in WW3 (the Game of the Three Silent Wolves). Unfortunately, we overlooked the last quite wolf (Oddwen) and struck out on a last-ditch double-lynching attempt.

I thought that was the only one also, but Cailin did bring up another one. Any others out there that I missed?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #77
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Er - most of the information that you need to work this question out is here on this thread. That's kind of the point of it ...

One of the more memorable Hunter incidents was in WW11, when AbercrombieOfRohan declared herself as the Hunter, followed swiftly by a Hunter declaration from mormegil. Morm, the true Hunter, was lynched for his trouble and took AoR down with him.

As a Hunter myself, in WW8, I lived a rather charmed life (having made my role fairly obvious) and, having orchestrated a mass lynching on the final Day, realised that it could spell doom for the village. Happily, that last minute realisation enabled me to strike down Gurthang the Black Beorning before he took the whole village with him.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #78
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Correction, Sauce...

I'm pretty sure Mormegil declared himself the hunter first and then a suicidal Abercrombie countered with her own claim to hunterdom.

Of course the village believed Aber over grumpy ol' Morm and lynched him and he promptly took down Aber-wolf with him.

She explained post-game that she had a big work-load and needed out of the game. Seemed, fairly reasonable... at least she got the darn village to kill their hunter.

I don't mean to be a smarty pants Master Sauce. The game just sticks in my mind because it is when I first started getting interested in WW.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #79
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I have fond memories of the original heroic hunter, Azaelia. I was very proud of her, despite her death being in vain. And yes, it was Holbytlass who felt her wrath.

Let's be honest, though. It was easier for her considering the village was so small. Not like that certain brave hunter (who was not at all evil, Cailín) who picked a wolf out of the entire village.

And Abercrombie's suicide hunter mission had me wondering if she'd lost her mind. Thankfully, at least to this disembodied wolf, it worked out well in the end.

Praise be to the role of Hunter! Serving up drama here, there and everywhere! Why was it ever Assigned to Mordor?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:32 AM   #80
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh yes, I remember phantom's game now, didn't Eomer actually get lynched by the villagers and take Cailin down with him? (Sorry Sauce, I should be looking back through the pages of the Grimoire, I know)

I assign myself as Hunter to Mordor. Probably the worst performance in the history of WW (Feanor's killing of the Seer in a WWJ wasn't great, I admit, but at least she had the kudos of WWIV to fall back on.)