The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #121
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's go.

++ Meneltarmacil

I will scorn myself if Xyzzy turns out a baddie in the end though...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #122
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Day 1 is done. Voting over.

Result to follow shortly ...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #123
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh my! Isabellkya!

That's Xyzzy then... unless one more comes in...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #124
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*AHEM* points up (Isabell)

EDIT: x-d, sorry
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #125
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting As the sun set on Day 1 ...

With a flash, a skeletal woman robed in black carrying a great scythe appeared and started gooning and grimacing fleshlessly into the middle distance.

“Welcome back to Werewolf Four and Thirty,” she said. “The votes have been counted and verified, and I can now reveal that the first person to be lynched in Woodgard is ….”

Caught up in the moment, the assembled delegates held their breath, even though they already knew the result.

“… xyzzy!”

Gasps, cheers, and not a few boos, rang out as xyzzy stepped forward.

“Xyzzy, you have one hour to say your goodbyes,” the Grim Daviner continued, “I’m coming to get you!”

“Er, I thought that these narratives were supposed to be all atmospheric and canonical,” Kath whispered to The Sixth Wizard.

“I think that idea went out of the window when the roles started being posted,” muttered Sixth in reply.

“But how are we to kill him?” asked Rune Son of Bjarne, as it occurred to him that the village had been so intent upon its moot all day that no method of administering capital punishment had yet been prepared.

“’E’s a witch! Burn him!” shouted Nogrod, predictably, in an unfeasibly high-pitched voice.

“Can’t we just … ahem …” spluttered Shastanis Althreduin, clearing his throat. “Sorry, I’m a bit horse.”

Gasps, cheers and boos turned to groans.

“Can’t we just chop his head off?” the centaur continued.

“You should be careful that you don’t get a frog in your throat,” observed the guy who be short. “They can be fatal in these kinds of situations.”

“I say that we needlessly build an incredibly complex catapult-device-thing,” suggested Volo hirsutely, “and - er - catapult him out of the village.”

“Ye olde catapulte,” said Meneltarmacil. “Thou knowest what. It just mayeth work.”

“No!” declared de Legate of Amon Lanc solemnly. “I decree that we administer a fatal dose of poison.”

“By what authority do you make such a decree?” demanded Mithalwen.

“I am De Legate!” he replied, mysteriously.

“Look, you can’t claim to wield supreme executionary power just ‘cause some grammatically inept mod made a narrative-based pun on your name,” she challenged.

“Madam,” interjected Boromir88, “Might I ask by what authority you claim to nit-pick the moderator’s grammar?”

“But what about xyzzy?” enquired Aganzir, polishing her axe impatiently.

“We should administer a spanking!” declared Rikae, naughtily. "Spankings all round!"

“Enough with the Pythonicity already!” cried Isabellkya.

“We could just let him go,” suggested Feanor of the Peredhil controversially.

“…” said mormegil.

“…” agreed Gil-Galad.

"Hooray for Follywood!" sang out Durelin, inexplicably.

“Honorable chair, fellow delegates,” stated Thinlómien, rising from her chair. “Acknowledging the many points made by the assembled delegates in the foregoing moot and noting that voting closed over an hour ago, INSTRAW would like to propose a motion requiring that strenuous efforts be made to draw up a framework within which the conditions might be agreed for bringing about the ultimate death of the condemned delegate, xyzzy. Thank you.”

Xyzzy, in the meantime, had quietly, uneventfully and inobtrusively hung himself in a corner.

“Cheeky blighters!,” muttered Radagast some miles away in Rhosgobel, as he pruned his tomato plants. “Questioning my grammar! The very impudence of it. And now they has gone and killed an innocent.”

“Indeed they has,” observed the lark perched on his shoulder. “But look on the bright side. At least the moderator has used up all his role-based quips all at once.”

The dead:

The Saucepan Man - Slaughtered and boiled up in a spicy ghoulash on Night zero.
xyzzy - Got bored of the role-based banter and hung himself quietly, uneventfully and inobtrusively on Day 1 (Ordinary Innocent)

The living:

Mormegil
Rikae
Durelin
Aganzir
Gil-Galad
Shastanis Althreduin
Volo
Nogrod
Boromir88
Meneltarmacil
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Kath
Isabellkya
the guy who be short
Mithalwen
Feanor of the Peredhil
Rune Son of Bjarne

Those with Nightly activities, do your stuff. And don't forget to send me your choices no later than one hour before the deadline.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 06-01-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Grammatical corrections ... ;P
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #126
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye The bloodbath begins in earnest ...

Morning arrived, grey and bleak. The frivolity of the previous Day was no more, for the Night had witnessed grim and dark deeds.

The first sight that greeted the delegates was a trail of blood leading from Meneltarmacil’s hut. Following it into a nearby copse, they came upon a curious sight. A great Wolf lay in a pool of blood, panting and whimpering through his black fangs. The villagers hands went immediately to their weapons, but they were not needed. The beast soon died from his grievous wounds and, as he died, he transformed back into his human form. Meneltarmacil, ye Olde Knighte, had been a fearsome Beaste of the Nighte, but he was no more.

Their spirits lifted, the delegates returned to the village in happy mood. But it was not long before they discovered that two of their number were missing. In dread, they searched the absent delegates’ huts. The sights that greeted them there dashed their spirits once more.

In the first, they found a headless corpse, half-eaten. As they gaped in despair at the macabre remains, a cry of horror rang out and one of the delegates pointed to the wall. All eyes followed the outstretched finger, only to see the head of the missing delegate mounted there, leering lifelessly down at them. In his village, this delegate had been a hunter of renown. But last Night he had become the hunted and now a final scalp had been added to his trophy collection - his own. For all his hunting skills, though, Rune Son of Bjarne had merely been an ordinary innocemt villager.

No sign of the second hut’s inhabitant could at first be found. Searching, however, the delegates found sacks full of items that they recognised. Valuable items which had seemingly gone missing from their home villages. It was a veritable treasure trove. But where was the villain? It was not long before they found the answer. Durelin’s dead corpse hung from the rafters on the second floor. The delegate from Follywood had been a notorious Thief. Her folly, however, had been to pry into Nightly activities which she should not have seen. And those that she had spied on had summarily executed her for it.

The dead

The Saucepan Man - Slaughtered and boiled up in a spicy ghoulash on Night zero.
xyzzy - Got bored of the role-based banter and hung himself quietly on Day 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Meneltarmacil - Fatally wounded in sooth he was and crawled awaye to find ye deathe in ye woodes on Nighte 1 (Werewolfe)
Rune Son of Bjarne - Hunted and added to his own trophy collection on Night 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Durelin - Spied on things which she should not have seen and got hung for it on Night 1 (Thief)

The living:

Mormegil
Rikae - the naughty delegate from the village with the unlikely name of Castle Anthrax
Aganzir - the Dwarf delegate of a Woodsmen village
Gil-Galad
Shastanis Althreduin - the extremely detail-oriented centaur delegate from the Plains
Volo - the very hairy delegate from as far as it gets
Nogrod - the moody delegate from the Witch-burners' village who is ready and willing to form a theory to suit his feelings whatever the facts ...
Boromir88 - the filibuster delegate from Laketown, whose geography is not that good
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien - the Delegate of INSTRAW
Legate of Amon Lanc - the De-Legate of Amon Lanc
Kath
Isabellkya - the delegate from the village Kyaq
the guy who be short - the delegate from nearby Necropolis
Mithalwen - the delegate of an anarco-sydicalist commune, taking her turn as a sort of executive officer for the week
Feanor of the Peredhil - the slightly offbeat delegate who offers controversial suggestions to the moot regardless of lycanthropic tendencies

Day 2 has begun. Those who can PM at Night must stop. The moot is once more in session.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #127
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well, what an eventful night, tis a bloodbath indeed! Bless the person who slew the wicked Menel at night. He should have been the one lynched yesterday, then xyzzy could have been spared.

Simply basing this off votes yesterday, but I feel pretty good about Legate and Mith who consistantly were suspicious of Menel all day and both raised good points that led to him getting under suspicion and indirectly leading to his death.

In fact all Menel voters I feel pretty good about...the only one that I have a little worries about is Nogrod. Whom supported and advocated Menel's plans yesterday, but then later on in the day switched and voted for him. If it wasn't for Isabell, Nogrod's vote would have gotten Menel lynched, but I wouldn't put it past Menel to lynch a companion to make himself look innocent.

With that being said I am immediately suspicious of Isabell who made a crucial vote sealing xyzzy's death and saving Menel from the noose, but not from a mysterious huntsmen at night. I think it's highly possible that Isabell was not planning on having Menel turn up dead in the morning, therefor she was in cohoots with him!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #128
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So ... how exactly did Menel die? I thought at first that it was down to Rune 'cause I skim-read and saw the word hunter but he was just an ordo. Is it possible we have some kind of 'Golden Dagger' role again?

Anyway, I missed most of yesterDay so I shall now go back over it and find out what actually happened!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my... this game looks like it's name was not randomly chosen.

So three different sides who have a licence to kill running amok in the Night.

Of the killer(s) of Menel it's not in any way revealed whether it was one or more who did it. The same goes with the killer(s) of Rune. It looks to me quite deliberate choice on part of out moderator not to reveal the numbers. Of the killers of Durelin we know they're more than one as there is the:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spm
And those that she had spied on had summarily executed her for it.
It might be safe to assume at least to begin with that the one (or more) who killed Menel were goodies. So we could have goodies that can kill. But the two others then? The easy answer is that we have wolves and the werebear. The bear killed Rune and the wolves took the life of Durelin.

Durelin was a thief who had been spying on the wolves then? What does it mean or is it important anyway? This kind of bothers me. Was it just a remarkable coincidence that the wolves chose Dury while Dury chose a wolf to "thief" (whatever it is that stoling might mean) or is there something like a more meaningful relation? I mean if Dury died because of:
Quote:
Her folly, however, had been to pry into Nightly activities which she should not have seen.
Then it could be interpreted in a way that those she spied were not able to kill but if spied on - kind of hunter-like baddies... or goodies? So it was not the wolves who killed her then? But who? Is this the reason why the narration is deliberately vague on the number of those who killed Rune? So the wolves killed Rune and these others who can't kill but by retaliation to any action (killing, hunting, spying, dreaming... who knows?) taken towards them killed Dury? That would a weird bunch of persons. Well Radagast said he was not seeing clearly...

Not to talk of us...

So easy explanation and a wonderful coincidence or the "thief"-thing in the narration meaning something and thence a throng of insecurities?

My brain hurts and it's late. I go and have a cigarette and sit back for a short moment to see if I have anything constructive to say before I go to sleep.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #130
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Day 1:

xyzzy - turns up and in typical Day 1 style throws suspicion toward the only person who has so far commented, me. This sparked quite a bit of debate but I don't really see anything wolvish in it.

Shasta - in character banter.

Menel - began the loud/quiet wolf debate. While it's great for us in terms of numbers it's almost a shame that he died so quickly, as we don't really know which side of the coin he was on.

Rune - questions Menel.

EDIT: Gah, sorry about that. Hit enter instead of tab. The rest of this post will follow in a bit.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #131
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm leaving in those who are already dead for now as it helps when looking at what they said about others.

Day 1:

xyzzy - turns up and in typical Day 1 style throws suspicion toward the only person who has so far commented, me. This sparked quite a bit of debate but I don't really see anything wolvish in it. Returns to say that his suspicion was only a joke.

Shasta - in character banter. Argues with Nogrod that he isn't suspicious, but agrees that xyzzy is. Mentions that Izzie may not know what a Cobbler is due to her newbieness. Now this may be true, but if there is a Cobbler in the game there's nothing to say that the role hasn't been given to Izzie, in which case she would know exactly what one was. Or she may have read over old games. Assuming the ignorance of a newbie is a mistake I have made before so I aim to avoid it this time! Mentions his own relative newbieness in a rather more subtle way by asking for the history of the Boro/Menel feud.

Menel - began the loud/quiet wolf debate. While it's great for us in terms of numbers it's almost a shame that he died so quickly, as we don't really know which side of the coin he was on. He puts himself firmly on the 'lynch the quiet ones' side. I don't think Menel is a careless wolf and so wouldn't fling out clues so early, but it is possible that this is a piece of misdirection. This plan rarely gets much support, so it may be that his fellow wolves are quiet players. Thinks xyzzy looks wolvish. Defends himself against Boro, and says that xyzzy could still be a wolf even if his comment was a joke. It's a fair point even from a wolf. Continues to argue for lynching the unhelpful, seemingly as a defense against Boro.

Rune - questions Menel. Says that the 'lynch the quiet ones' thing tends to cause the death of more innocents than wolves, but then says that if we're to do it we should do it early so we're not scared to later in the game.

Nogrod - random nonsense for a while followed by a demand for people to speak. Throws some suspicion on xyzzy (seriously, can I spell that Zizzi? It's how I pronounce it and it's driving me nuts trying to remember to spell it correctly!) for being immediately accusatory and Shasta as well for saying something without actually saying anything. It's an odd post just in that he is doing pretty much what he's just become suspicious of others for doing. Only 5 people had posted before him, all very early on in the Day. Expecting novel length pieces of useful information is a bit hopeful! He gives support to Menel, but Menel really didn't say anything useful. He just repeated something that is said at the beginning of pretty much every game. It's just odd. Tries to make clear that we should only lynch the quiet ones if we have no one better to lynch. It is a fair point but I often wonder what the cut-off point for being 'quiet' is. If someone posts once a Day just to vote with no timezone reasoning behind it then maybe we could count that, but if it's a useful post? The lines for this are so unclear. Then decides I am suspicious looking but xyzzy is still more so.

Rikae - agrees with Nogrod that xyzzy was wrong to suspect me on the basis of being first to post, but then says she suspects me for the tone of my post. Then argues with Noggie, saying in character banter is normal for early Day 1. Thinks the 'lynch the quiet ones' policy is actually a good one and that Shasta is sending out wolf hints with the mentions of being hungry in his post. That's actually a pretty good find. If Shasta is a wolf am I right in thinking it would be his first time? Could be a newbie mistake. Not sure on that though, it seems a little pointless to put hints in the discussion if he knows who his fellow wolves are. Continues to suspect Shasta on the basis of the narration and also says Boro is being 'safe' in arguing against the 'lynch the quiet ones' strategy. This is where I got suspicious of her yesterDay. When I was reading through she was about the only one that really stood out because that post felt really quite antagonistic. The reread does nothing to take away the antagonistic feel, but I've read the points she's making now and they do make sense. No point in just having numbers at the end of the game, you need people who are going to take part at that point too.

Izzie - in character banter.

Boro - thinks Menel suspicious, arguing that lynching the quiet ones is silly because the wolves are always 'helpful' in a village. Also says his jumping on xyzzy was odd. Now this was a pretty incredible first Day for Boro! Getting a wolf in his first post. But at the moment I don't think this is suspicious. The old rivalry between the two would mean Boro was likely looking very carefully at Menel's posts anyway. Of course it could have been fantastic luck that both were chosen to be wolves and decided to start the usual argument between them, but for now I'm keeping Boro on the innocent side, especially after his rather lengthy explanation of just why he suspects Menel. It's another tone-based argument, but Boro often suspects and votes from feelings rather than facts.

Durelin - says not to talk about killing the quiet ones yet as not enough people have spoken to know who the quiet ones are. Apparently randomly votes for me as there's no explanation given.

Sixth - thinks we should lynch a quiet one just for a change of pace. Seems to be a 'Day 1 is useless' person and so thinks the lynch might as well be random, not something I agree with. Thinks xyzzy is suspicious for that first post. Thinks Guy was jumpy on accusing Fea. To me that post seemed pretty much typical Day 1 banter from Guy, so it's actually this 'jump' from Sixth that has me wary.

Lommy - agrees with lynching a quiet person if you don't have a good reason to lynch a loud one. Thinks Nogrod was hasty in his suspicion of Shasta and xyzzy so in his suspicion of me. Relatively innocuous statements really seeing as other villagers had already mentioned this. Also gets bad vibes from Boro. In fact, I don't like this post at all. Lommy is really quite indecisive with 'they could be this ... but they could be that' statements running rife through it. Definitely one to watch here.

Aganzir - ah! She made my point about Izzie knowing about the Cobbler if she is one. Oh well, at least I said it before I read it. Thinks xyzzy isn't suspicious and that the 'lynch a quiet one if you can't lynch a loud one for good reason' plan is good.

Guy - says lynch the quiet ones starting with Fea, so a typical first post from him.

Alright, it's one in the morning and I need sleep. I've only got through the first page of the thread so far but some interesting things have turned up all the same. I'll come back tomorrow and finish this off, making sure to keep a close eye on the xyzzy voters since he turned out to be innocent, as well as those who mentioned Menel and Rune. I see little point in concentrating on Durelin. She barely said anything during the Day and it seems that her death was almost accidental

Nogrod, Sixth and Lommy are the ones that strike me as not being quite right at the moment for the reasons mentioned above. They will certainly be on my radar when I return.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #132
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

There are different "fractions" in this game and we should remeber this when we make judgements on others. The familiar logic of all the baddies knowing each other vs. all the blind goodies doesn't work here. And there may even be something like an odd fraction to muddy the waters even more. So possibly not two sides but three. I think this is important to remember while we make our analyses or form our judgements.

----
Durelin's death I find interesting as it hides this enigma of a thief. So was there a relation of her role to the fact she got killed?

The easier version as I said surely makes it just a coincidence. The wolves wanted to kill Dury while Dury was up to the wolves, probably one of them. In this direction Dury has left us no hints whatsoever as she practically didn't discuss anyone yesterDay (see the value of speaking and actually saying something!!! we could do with some such clues right now!). The only thing we have here is Kath... She did vote her anyway. But would Kath-wolf wish to kill the one who had totally randomly voted for her with nothing of substance on Day1? I think that she could do it. No one who has played with her would believe a claim that she was worried about Dury and wished to do away with her. So no one would believe she was involved when Dury dies...

But what if there's a role that only kills during the Night if it's been acted upon (like the hunting, killing, dreaming, thiefing...) then the only person we might find to make sense that Dury was going to "thief" is... Kath again. I could even imagine a ruling that you must vote for a person you wish to steal her/his role from to add on your own repertoire the next Night or something. That would be an interesting role indeed!

Sorry, but I'm no cobbler. I just try to think things out...

Whichever way I look at Dury's death it still confirms my feeling that Kath is up to something that is not good.

----
Boro had a good point on Isabellkaya. Her last actions do look pretty bad indeed. But the same can be said of The Sixth as well and his vote on Dury at the last moments some minutes before. The situation was quite similar. In Isabellkaya's case the softening factor is her newbieness, in Sixth's case it is his assurations in both this and the admin. thread that he had overslept and had just waken up. I mean that I have been involved in those last minute madnesses many times and must admit that they may be quite messy. Even one moderator once lost the track of the situation... *cough Mac cough*

Still I think we should look at them both toDay more carefully.

EDIT: X'd with Kath
Old 06-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #133
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
GAH! The delegate of the silent has arrived and doesn't have much to say....at least not yet
Old 06-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #134
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Okay, here's Ye Olde Wolfe's post details...

#7 ~ Says we should 'get ye wolves out into the opene'.

#13 ~ Says the best way to do what he says in #7 is to lynch the quiet ones.

#15 ~ Thinks xyzzy looks like a wolfe because of his suspicion casting.

#28 ~ Defends himselfe versuse Boromir88. Re-enforces his suspicions of xyzzy.

#35 ~ Changes tactics and says in italics "I am not saying that we must lynch all the quiet/unhelpful/whatever ones!

#59 ~ VOTES for xyzzy.

After that: He be Deade.

So basically trying very hard to get suspicion off him onto xyzzy and succeeding, but dying through the night. We have to suspect Izzy, who saved him...

(EDIT) x - ed with morm
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #135
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Trust me or not I do not care but Mith is innocnet I tell you. Now on to Fea another one I can read a bit better than most
Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #136
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Votes from yesterday:

Durelin -> Kath
Kath -> Rikae
Menel -> Xyzzy
Fea -> Xyzzy (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy2)
tgwbs -> Durelin (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy2, Durelin1)
Rune -> Durelin (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy2, Durelin2)
Volo -> tgwbs (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy2, Durelin2, tgwbs1)
Aganzir -> Shasta (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy2, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1)
Shasta -> Xyzzy (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy3, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1)
Mith -> Menel (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy3, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel1)
Boro -> Menel (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy3, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel2)
Rikae -> Xyzzy (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy4, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel2)
Legate -> Menel (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy4, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel3)
Xyzzy -> Menel (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy4, Durelin2,, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel4)

Isobellkya -> Xyzzy (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy5, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel2)
Nogrod -> Menel (Kath1, Rikae1, Xyzzy5, Durelin2, tgwbs1, Shasta1, Menel5)

Okay, I missed a vote for Menel somewhere. Will edit momentarily.

Edit: WAIT A SECOND. There was a tie yesterday! What happened?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-02-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #137
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
What do thieves do; are they a sort of tracker?

The main reason I voted for Xyzzy was because it was the first name which popped into my head for questionable behavior. When I posted my vote for Xyzzy; about eight (I don't know the exact number,) or so new posts popped up. We can't change our votes; and how was I supposed to know that Menel was/is a baddie?

Anyways, I will post something more constructive in the morning. I am having a hard time controlling my yawns right now.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #138
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'm wondering about the night time activities that took place and here's my input.

Quote:
This is Durelin's death, and the word 'those' makes it seem as if there were multiple people Durelin had spied on. So, I agree with Nogrod, that Durelin had been spying on the wolves and it was the wolves that took care of her.

Which leaves who killed Menel and Rune? Yesterday, I talked about the role of the bear. It was actually the first village my family was in, SpM was in that village to, and if I remember he was quite fond of the bear. Now in that village it was the 'Black Beorning' who was virtually a lone wolf, with a night kill and only one if he/she was the last one standing. Rune had been rather gruesomely killed, I wonder if we have a Black Beorning in the village?

Menel had also been gruesomely taken care of, though right now I am leaning to think that whomever disposed of Menel is on our side. Maybe an assasin type character? Obviously it was someone who was highly suspicious of Menel all day, disappointed he wasn't lynched, and so decided to take care of what the village failed to do during the day.

Nogrod, good point about The Sixth's votes, I was making some comments about those who voted for Menel and Isabell's vote for xyzzy which stuck out the most to me.

Shasta, you missed Sixth's vote for Durelin, but xyzzy and Menel did end up in a tie. There are no double lynchings in this village (as that old quack wizard told us we must choose 'one'), and I think whoever gets to the most votes first (in this case 5 and xyzzy) is the one that goes in the event of a tie.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #139
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
The main reason I voted for Xyzzy was because it was the first name which popped into my head for questionable behavior. When I posted my vote for Xyzzy; about eight (I don't know the exact number,) or so new posts popped up. We can't change our votes; and how was I supposed to know that Menel was/is a baddie?
Whoah, just a second. The first name that popped into your head? Do you mean to tell us that you took that little amount of thought to your vote that late in the day, when it was so important? It basically saved Menel. I'm sorry, but you're still on my list of suspects...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:24 AM   #140
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so here we go. This village indeed seems to be a bloodbath ground, and we have four (!) people less just on Day 2. Of course, it was probably just a coincidence, but even then. Now a debate has been started here, I think quite rightfully, what we can make out of it.

From my point of view, I think we can assume from the narration the following:
  • There was surely one kill by the Wolves (unless we have seven hundred assassins in the village and the Wolves' kill was blocked by some Ranger), probably Rune (?) I think the reason was that he seemed quite innocent in profile (some people mentioned him). So this one would be a typical nightly kill.
  • There was a kill by, well, I'd suppose a Werebear - first, it's the most logical, second, in the Anduin Vales a Beorning is quite a nice requisite, third, it's only logical that in such a big village there'll be something more than just Wolves (unless the number of Wolves will be more than 3, but from the number of kills I think statistics speak for more than one baddie with a kill, no matter how many the wolves are). Or, now another idea occured to me, what if there were more Wolf teams? It will be also a possibility, though not as nice going with the narration as the Bear, but still...(?) I don't know about this one. I'd say, by logic, that this kill would be Menel, and I think it will be a good Werebearish behavior to "test water" on killing Menel, because be he a wolf or not, it will be a good kill for Werebear, since all would be his enemies, no? In case of multiple Wolf teams, the kill would be even more logical (the one party might think that Menel is a Wolf, as many people did here, and simply kill him, or only for the reason to cause confusion by elliminating the second favored suspect of yesterDay).
  • The death of Durelin could have been just a coincidence of the Wolves going against her, as I think Noggins brought here, but I think the formulations (boldening mine):
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Spied on things which she should not have seen and got hung for it on Night 1
    imply that the death was "triggered" by her choosing someone for the target of her nightly activities. So then we'll actually have Wolves' kill (probably Rune), then someone other's (Bear's? Another Wolves'?) kill (Menel) and the Wolves' (or someone's of whom there are MORE THAN ONE => "those that she had spied on") kill of Durelin, meaning that probably these were the Wolves.
This are, in my opinion, the most logical views on what happened, though it's just my thoughts, so feel free to raise objections.

Whatever way it is, I think we can obtain quite a lot of information from the kills, being so many. I'm going to look through it and post something about it later.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #141
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay. Going through yesterDay:

The first ones to speak were Kath and xyzzy. Xyzzy is dead and innocent. Kath now is not, and I don't know how to feel about her. It might be xyzzy was right, or might be that Kath is just an innocent. Even from ToDay's posts I can't say anything that will sway my opinion on her more to the "good" or the "bad". She voted Durelin yesterDay, but if my theory is correct and the death of Durelin was indeed just simply "triggered", Kath didn't have necessarily to have any active part in it. Of course then, Durelin might just have targeted Kath with her nightly activity because of that (or partially because of that), but she might have targeted also someone else for another reason. The problem is, we don't know what exactly Durelin's ability was, though the most logical to me now seems that she had something like stealing other peoples' roles, but if she wanted to steal a Wolf's role, she instead was killed (it will be logical: you can steal e.g. a sword from a Ranger and so become a Ranger yourself, but you can't steal "wolvishness" from a wolf). I don't know if this leads anywhere, but again, if I'm correct, then I'd suppose Durelin targeted someone who seemed "interesting" to her and possible a Gifted, but lo, he turned to be a Wolf. It could have been as well Menel. But once again, this is pure speculation from my part and too many assumptions. The biggest problem is definitely, as someone mentioned here, that Durelin didn't say almost anything yesterDay. Had she spoken more, we could've used it.

Others who have joined the discussion later, were Shasta, of whom I am ambivalent pretty much similar as with Kath.
Rune is dead and innocent.
Noggins... well, as what I said before about his sneakiness, at the end of yesterDay and particularly his vote for Menel speaks somewhat better of him, as well as what he said toDay. His stances in the starting discussion were with Menel, but his later behavior seems better. I'm still not sure about him, but I feel better about him now.
The next to join in the discussion was Rikae. She has been suspected by Kath, but personally, I don't see anything wolfish on her. Her discussion with Boro was quite a "normal" starting discussion, and it felt quite Rikae-ish. For this, I'm leaving her be for now.
About Boro I feel quite good because of how he went against Menel right here on the start. I also wouldn't say he'd be a Werebear if we have one, since he was the first one to mention the possibility of having a Bear. Of course then, if we had two Wolf teams, his going after Menel will be something else (if they were opposite teams) and the Bear idea will be leading tracks away. But again, based on the narration I don't think two wolf teams are probable (only if it were some sort of competition between two teams of Dol Guldur to get the favor of Sauron or something like that). So I'm leaving Boro be as well.
Isabellkya seemed quite sinister from the very beginning. Her quasixyzzy (now spell this, Kath ) behavior could have been expected, but I spoke about her absences yesterDay. Also, it's nice how she appeared in the right moment to save Menel. Though it might have been unintentional, it surely casts not much nice light on her.

Huh. It's quite a lot of it for now, so I'm ending here. I'll be back yet, but later.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 AM   #142
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Now declaring to vote in random (or random with a method) is the worst case. The second worst of the kind is to say you have a principle and you will follow it to the end like saying "I always vote for the loudmouths because I don't like to read so much" or whatever. Like Volo in a way seems to be doing and Menel in a way as well. When asked why did you vote for X you can always say "the principle I gave demanded it from me". The problem with this is that you kind of outsource the responsibility of your decisions to a principle.
Nogrod, thank you for pointing this out. Somehow I managed to forget this.

What I did yesterday was worse than the second way, it was pretty much of the forst case. A random throwaway vote. First of all because I didn't believe that tgwbs would be lynched. And that being the week side of my method, people won't take me seriously. And just on a side note, the "oppositism"-method would be a great cover for a cobbler, at least a cobbler that has some skill in the business.

The "logic" I use applies only to my own thoughts. I have a history of lynching only innocents with my own ideas. But I do believe that there are people who do find the Wolves.

To the game itself:

First I thought that there wouldn't be a Wolf hiding in the xyzzy voters. As I didn't think Menel was a Wolf and xyzzy was an easy lynch. Wolves could easily stay out of the frey.

Well, now that we find that Menel was a Wolf after all, it changes everything and there might be Wolves all over the place (i.e. voting both xyzzy and Menel.

I find Izzie's and Nogrod's votes the most interesting at the moment.

Izzie could well vote so to save a follow friend. At the same time using her newcomerness as a shield but then making a mistake in jumping out to save a friend.

Nogrod has admited using this trick earlier, to vote for a fellow Wolf and to make a tie just after another Wolf votes for somebody else to put him into the front. Well, anyway, to do like happened now.

Though Nogrod looks more suspicious than he usually does (his wierd first post and his first post on Day2 that moves the discussion to the roles and not who's guilty), I'll not throw him into the depth of the "suspicious"-list. (This because of the Wisdom).

I guess same goes with Izzie...

And on the contrary, Kath feels a bit too innocent...

EDIT: Xd with Legate
Old 06-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #143
Volo

Just unorganized thoughts.

Well, at least we'll find out if the Wolves have two kills (/ one kill + Bear) next Night.

Whover killed Menel did a good job. Especially if he/she is a Goodie. Let's hope that it is indeed a Goodie.

Whether Durelin's death was triggered or not, that we'll see next Night.

And Rune is the victim of the Wolves as the other two can't really be.

What can be done at the moment: Find who might have suspected Menel enough to kill him, if it's not a Bear, and who Durelin would want to steal from.

Although this can be done, I think it will probably be a waste of time. Especially as there have been a few good ideas about this already. (Hmm... Or am just imagining it.) Well, read Nogrod's post #132. It looks at the moment as either Nogrod or Kath is a Wolf, or both.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #144
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. I have this far thought it a minor thing not worth correcting but as it seems to pop up in every other post here I think I need to do it.

So I have been supporting Menel or taking his side or my stances have been with him and whatnot and then I turned against him later? Now c'mon people. Let's stick to the truth, please.

Here's what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod #9
Like Menel here spoke with the words of wisdom. Let the wolves talk and betray themselves with their own talk! That's what we believe in our village: good arguments! This has been the traditon in my village and I do believe in it still.

I hope Menel will also say more than that as just stating an self-evidency is not too much either...
I can't see this as supporting or taking a side of someone as a person but as thinking that a basic idea brought forward is laudable.

Remember also what Menel actually had said at that time eg. what was the idea I thought was a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel #7
Nowe, a Wolfe is a crafty creature. But some are more capable of hiding than others are. I say we force them oute into ye open ande get themme talking. A Wolfe can hide in a crowd and say little, but if forced to be loude, that same Wolfe may slippe.
In my next post I then formulated what was my position on the matter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod #14
If there is a reason to lynch someone who is active, let's lynch her/him, but if not then let's pick the ones who try to ride for free. Okay?
So I'm a bit frustrated at this point with these conceptions that people seem to have as I have neither supported Menel or taken his side and thence not been able to turn against him from that kind of previous position.

'nuff said.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #145
Volo

Huh? Why the sudden self-defence? You weren't really accused of supporting Menel were you now? Or is Kath's post? Or paranoia?

Funnily, I was just going to say that it might be best not to go chosing who of the loud players are more suspicious than others and then lynch them. Still in the mood that some pressure should be put also on the quiet ones as pretty much everybody is at the moment flying under the radar. Me probably the first of all.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #146
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

I must go to bed, I will vote in the morning. However:

Izzy: Is the best new lead I think we have in Day 2. For aforementioned reasons.

Nogrod: Seems a bit jumpy. I don't think he's himself.

Kath: 'Too innocent', Volo? What does 'too innocent' mean? I think she has good additions and analyses and makes nice deductions.

Volo: I'm not sure about him yet.

Anyway, after all that indecisive rubbish, to bed with me!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #147
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delegate of Amon Lanc
(only if it were some sort of competition between two teams of Dol Guldur to get the favor of Sauron or something like that).
Dol Guldur = Amon Lanc.

It's difficult to find reasons why those who got killed got killed before we know who killed them (wolves, bear, something else).
Anyway I think Legate's idea about Durelin getting killed because of trying to steal a wolf's role is improbable. That's on contradiction with the narration I think. "Spied on things which she should not have seen and got hung for it." Had it been like Legate suggested, I think Sauce might have written something that had something to do with stealing, I don't know.

The idea of competing wolf teams is interesting, but were there two teams, how big our chances of winning would be? There are at least two kills a Night, but then on the other hand I guess the wolves could kill the members of the another team as well.

Menel was killed by
a) a bear or something that is not on our nor the wolves' side
b) an assassin or something that is on our side
c) a competing wolf team
but there's probably just one of those (unless we have a ranger who prevented yet one kill, but I think evil team consisting of three separate groups [or two + someone who is on our side but has a licence to kill] would be too much). I won't even try to include Durelin's death to all this, as no one supposedly knew anything of the nature of her role.

So there's one of the following:
a) a wolf team & a bear
b) a wolf team & an assassin
c) two competing wolf teams

Option a) If there's a wolf team and a bear, Menel was killed by the bear and Rune by the wolves. This doesn't sound too improbable. Rune was an easy target for the wolves, as he didn't leave much tracks. If the bear couldn't decide who to kill on Night 1, s/he could have chosen Menel if not for a better reason, his spelling. Surely people have sometimes killed for even worse reasons.
If there were wolves & the bear, I don't think the wolf team would consist of as many as four wolves - there are anyway two kills a Night. Was this true, we had two wolves to catch anymore, and the bear (or can we win even if the bear's alive?).

Option b) Menel was killed by the assassin and Rune by the wolves. Rune may have been killed for the same reason as in option a, but I doubt an assassin would have had such a bad reason to kill as spelling. Thus, the assassin should have suspected Menel already yesterDay - but s/he hasn't necessarily spoken about it at all. Concerning this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I am leaning to think that whomever disposed of Menel is on our side . . . Obviously it was someone who was highly suspicious of Menel all day, disappointed he wasn't lynched, and so decided to take care of what the village failed to do during the day.
It sounds like you're saying the one who killed Menel suspected him loudly yesterDay. I'm certain the assassin wouldn't want to attract the wolves' attention this early - unless what we call assassin is a Hunter-like role who is sure s/he knows a wolf (or rather like Rune's assassin/spy role in the last game). So yes, I agree with your idea, but just in case someone understood it wrong (like I did when I read it for the first time), I'd like to make it clear the assassin probably wasn't among those that suspected Menel the most in their posts.
Anyway, if we're having an assassin around, there are probably also four wolves and a cobbler. If not, the teams would be unbalanced.

Option c) Two competing wolf teams would be an interesting choice. But the teams couldn't probably be very big - only two wolves / team I guess (three wolves / team would make six wolves, and that's way too much). Rune was killed by the team of Menel, Menel by the other team. This would mean one team still has two wolves, while the wolf of the other team stands alone.
I guess the teams don't know each other. I can't see why they should know. But it would be really interesting to see how a Cobbler managed with two competing teams (though probably there wouldn't be one).

I'm sorry if this is a complete mess (and here's anyway something missing, as I didn't include Durelin in the whole thing). I'll try to come up with something more useful later.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 AM   #148
Volo

Nice stuff Aganzir A bit of a repeat, but clearly put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
The idea of competing wolf teams is interesting, but were there two teams, how big our chances of winning would be? There are at least two kills a Night, but then on the other hand I guess the wolves could kill the members of the another team as well.
This is however something I'd toss aside quite quickly as it was already used in Gil-Galad's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth
Kath: 'Too innocent', Volo? What does 'too innocent' mean? I think she has good additions and analyses and makes nice deductions.
I don't trust my feelings. Read more in some of my first posts, or about any of my posts.

I am feeling more and more paranoid about Nogrod... Well, it's just a feeling...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #149
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I know, I just felt I had to organize my thoughts somehow.

I'm off to eat something now.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
This is however something I'd toss aside quite quickly as it was already used in Gil-Galad's game.
Well, that it has been used earlier doesn't mean it can't be used again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
What can be done at the moment: Find who might have suspected Menel enough to kill him, if it's not a Bear,
Well, I think that's not much of a good idea. If it's not a Bear, it's most likely an innocent assassin (nice combination of words) who is on our side, and an innocent certainly wouldn't want him to be discovered. Only a wolf (and not even a bear, since the answer would be himself) would advice such a thing. Should I start suspecting you, Volo?

Now to the debate of possible enemies. As we were speculating about two Wolf teams, I'll also note Mith's words from yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I have had a look at the narrative and the only firm conclusion I drew was that there is more than one gifted "those among you", and more than one wolf - probably more than two since, I think it would be unusual and technically incorrect ot use some when referring to two. Two wolves in such a large village would be suprising but there is a precedent
It's quite interesting now, because as Aganzir said, if there were two wolf teams, I'd also expect no more than two wolves in each. Could it be possible that Mith were a member of one of these two teams and, having just one colleague, was "testing water" for what's around? I know, it will be pretty stupid for a Wolf, since they'd risk getting the other team's attention, as well as informing the village that they are just two. If it were not just a "scream of wonder", it's probably just another of my unbelievable constructs.

But actually, personally I feel still closest to the possibility that we have wolves (three?) who killed Rune, a Bear who killed Menel, and Durelin who was killed by Wolves in turn. About the "spying" thing, you are right, Aganzir... but why is then Durelin named a "thief" and not a "spy"? Also, how would you explain the things from collected from thefts in her house? The most logical explanation, in my opinion, would be then that she was something like a thief/spy, using one of two abilities every night, like it was in Rikae's game with Lommy. And it would be either stealing or spying someone (like a Seer?). If this were true, then it might actually help us with several things: the roles and the explanation of yesterday's kills. You see:
  • Either Durelin had just a spying ability and in that case we probably have lost our Seer Apart from that I really hope it's not the case, I don't even find it likely, since thief is thief and generally is not much interested in helping others.
  • Or she had this "combined" ability (it'll be quite good to be able to learn people's roles in combination with stealing them). The uses might have been even limited. In that case, I'd suppose at least one more "ordinary" Seer on our side, but to balance it, a Werebear. I think this will go together nicely, since Durelin wouldn't also be 100% "good" in this case, as well as the Bear.
  • Durelin could simply "steal", which, as you pointed out, is not much logical, as the narration indeed speaks more about watching something. In this case however, we could expect another role of some sort of assassin on our side to counterbalance Durelin's, slightly havoc-creating, role.

In the cases #1 and #3, I'd presume the existence of an assassin as likely (unless we have the party of combined roles like the last time, like thief/spy, ranger/assassin, whatever else). In #1 it would probably mean then that we are not having the "normal" Gifted roles (Ranger, Hunter, Seer) but some little twist (Assassin instead of R or H, Thief instead of a Seer). However, as I said earlier, I don't think it probable. In case #2, it will be logical that no assassin exists and then that it was a Bear who killed Menel. And it actually seems the most logical to me, because both the words of "thief" and "spying" point to some sort of a "mix role".

So that's about it. I hope it won't distract from hunting Wolves, but just my thoughts on that matter, and I think it might be useful. Even more we'll know tomorrow ( ). Will be back yet.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #151
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I am completely baffled at this point. A few random thoughts:

If Durelin had some sort of seerish ("spying") ability, isn't it highly likely Kath is guilty? Oh, well. Maybe she used that strange vote for cover of some kind...but still, it's the closest to a trail we have for her. I will have to go over Kath's posts with a fine toothed comb...so to speak...

Hmmm. Kath's reasoning on Lommy bothers me. Indecisiveness? "It could be this or it could be that"? Hasn't there been a phrase coined already..."Lommy flip-flopping" -? It seems too easy, to call Lommy "one to watch" for this reason..

I also have to disagree vehemently on Boro and Menel's arguing. One of my first thoughts on learning of Menel's wolvishness was that that little exchange had wolf-on-wolf argument written all over it. I will have to go back and see if I can be more specific- but it felt rather planned.

Aganzir's analysis makes no sense whatsoever, since she leaves out Durelin's killers. Um...somebody killed Durelin...I absolutely don't understand making a whole analysis based on the premise there were two kills, when there were three....

Menel's posts might be our best lead today. Sixth's treatment was far too simplified and inconclusive.

One more thing...Legate does not feel right, and I'm keeping my eye on him...and Izzy is working from the fly-under-the-radar wolf textbook, doing the minimum, posting vote counts & in character banter...

I'll try to look into things more in depth later toDay.

Giving off bad vibes:

Kath
Izzy
Legate
Boro
Aganzir

Slightly uneasy about:

Nogrod
TGWBS - Who seems oddly quiet, and should speak up.
Gil-Galad - Who is completely silent!
Mith
Morm
Sixth

Haven't tripped any alarms for me (possibly suspicious for that reason!):

Fea
Lommy
Volo
Shasta

There are several people who are managing to escape notice, and that's disturbing. We ignore someone at our peril.

EDIT: X'd with Leggy.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #152
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Legate's last post actually feels quite innocent and reasonable; I'm more inclined to trust him now.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #153
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm slowly getting on with analysing yesterDay, but there are a couple of points Rikae brought up I wanted to answer:

Quote:
If Durelin had some sort of seerish ("spying") ability, isn't it highly likely Kath is guilty? Oh, well. Maybe she used that strange vote for cover of some kind...but still, it's the closest to a trail we have for her. I will have to go over Kath's posts with a fine toothed comb...so to speak...
We started with a Day phase and usually any Seerish kind of activity takes place at Night so I think it rather unlikely that Durelin had any extra information at all, let alone on me.

Quote:
Hmmm. Kath's reasoning on Lommy bothers me. Indecisiveness? "It could be this or it could be that"? Hasn't there been a phrase coined already..."Lommy flip-flopping" -? It seems too easy, to call Lommy "one to watch" for this reason..
No. Lommy is usually decisive within a post, and then by the time the next one appears she's changed her mind on a lot of things. That's flip-flopping. What I saw was her humming and hawing over people and not coming to any real decisions. To me this looks odd.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #154
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Kath

Kath is Kath and generally I'm happier if she is simply dead, plus she deserves it.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #155
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, I think that's not much of a good idea. If it's not a Bear, it's most likely an innocent assassin (nice combination of words) who is on our side, and an innocent certainly wouldn't want him to be discovered. Only a wolf (and not even a bear, since the answer would be himself) would advice such a thing. Should I start suspecting you, Volo?
I said something like that? *slap* My mistake. We could all think about that quietly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
We started with a Day phase and usually any Seerish kind of activity takes place at Night so I think it rather unlikely that Durelin had any extra information at all, let alone on me.
But she would dream of you last Night. Whatever she did, she probably caused her own death by it, targeting a Wolf. That is why you are suspicious, Kath.

Hmm...
Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #156
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I hate this half-werewolfing... I'm glad though that I will have no online-problems after toDay.

Last Night? If you ask me, Menel was killed by an assassin or a werebear, Rune was killed by the wolves and Durelin did because she did something. I mean, if she was able to steal someone's role or see things or whatever and there was one or more villager that she shouldn't spy, or she'd die. That's what I think.

Volo, to be honest you slightly annoy me. (Even though your "" was quite heart-breaking... ) I never know whether you suspect or suspect people, if you know what I mean. Your tactics give you a perfect cover. That's not a good thing because others can't figure out anything about you nor decide are you innocent or not. Others have raised good points on the issue and I won't be repeating them. There's one more, minor point however. It's always easier for wolves to come up with people they can reasonably think innocent than people who they could reasonably hold suspicious. So, by suspecting innocent-looking people a Volf could get an all-too-big drop of sincerity to his posts.

~*~

Now, I guess I should say something about everyone.

Fea's posts seem quite self-centered and that makes me slightly uneasy. But otherwise she seems quite innocent so I'm not too worried about her.

I'm not wary of Boro anymore (or at least not much). His posts late yesterDay were very innocentish in my opinion.

Weirdly, TGWBS doesn't make me want to campaign against him. I don't know what to think of this.... This far seems innocent-ish.

Legate keeps making sense but he doesn't quite sit right with me. When reading his posts I get the feeling that he sometimes says very little new in his posts, just chatters verbiousily and seems quite odd at times. Also, his general attitude reminds me of that of wolf-Legate's...

Mith
makes me uneasy too. Although contributing (especially to the narration-discussion) she seems a bit non-committal and wrong. I can't quite phrase it, but somehow she does not seem like her normal self.

Kath does not sit right with me either. She seems all too jumpy - somewhat nervous - for her normal self. That is quite weird, since normally - be she ordo, gifted or wolf - she keeps her calm admirably well. Maybe she is a Black Beorning? I dunno, she just seems odd...

Volo's playing style worries me, whatever he is. I don't think he's particularly suspicious, but he has been throwing in weird comments and doesn't seem too sincere in his comments (except his "suspicions")...

I can't form a clear picture of Nogrod. He could be either way.

Morm is weird.

Shasta is mildly suspicious but not enough to make me consider voting him.

Izzie seems wolvish for her vote but I can see her as a puzzled newbie as well. I don't know.

Sixth seems perfectly normal which does not, however, mean he's innocent.

Aganzir also makes me slightly uneasy for no particular reason.

Rikae
seemed pretty innocent yesterDay and she still does. She does not alarm me particularly, but I'm not ready to consider her innocent either as she has been somewhat shady toDay.

Gil - would it help if we paid you?

Funny, usually my problem is that no one makes me very wary, now my porblem seems to be I suspect too many people... And I should vote soon and I have no idea who I will vote.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #157
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

What should we to with Gil? He's basically dead weight to us. It would be good to lynch him, because if he's a wolf, we're in big bad trouble since there are no modkills. If we want to lynch him, we should lynch him preferably toDay as soon it's too late with everybody already having formed strong suspicions. That's why I think it would be good to lynch Gil toDay, but there's one big BUT.

It looks like we're going to lose at least two people each Night. In a situation like that, such a blind shot as lynching Gil might be fatal. With a big number of nightly kills, the village lynch should not go wrong too often if we want to win. That's why a shot in the dark is dangerous. It seems that whatever we do with Gil might prove fatal... (Oh, I so much wish he'd come here and start being active...)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #158
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay.

++Kath

Two more reasons to vote her.

1) This seems just like what a werebear would say to divert the attention from herself/her role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
So ... how exactly did Menel die? I thought at first that it was down to Rune 'cause I skim-read and saw the word hunter but he was just an ordo. Is it possible we have some kind of 'Golden Dagger' role again?
2) Her usual, helpful tone seems somewhat forced this time. And as to that jumpiness I wrote about, I think wolf-Kath is usually more jumpy than an innocent Kath, though neither of them tend to be jumpy. And innocent Kath usually gives better grounds to her suspicions, no offense...

Let's hope we get the werebear (if there even is one - I've noticed I keep assuming so and that's certainly something one should avoid! ) or a wolf. I wouldn't be surprised if Kath was either of them.

I won't be back toDay. Good night!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #159
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just to clear it up: I concluded that there are more cons than pros to lynching Gil as there is the possibility of him starting to play more actively.

But now I'm really going. Bye.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #160
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I wrote all of this yesterday before I realized I was out of time to post. I'll post more after I catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
You get in their heads and get them doubting, aye, make them as lost to knowing our thoughts as we are to knowing who they are.

Bienvenido a mi vida. Work together? Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Fea's game had a lot of players but only two - and no gifted. Unless my memory plays tricks...

It doesn't. I chose one wolf and a friend of mine chose the other one. Eomer and Mormegil. Eomer killed Morm the first night, the village killed Eomer shortly thereafter, and I continued to choose kills via coin flip up until there was only one person left (Saucie), and declared that person the winner. In the final dramatic death scene, the phantom died (with a kiss), Mithalwen died (from a sword?), and the Dark Lady (yours truly) killed herself, leaving a very confused sole survivor.

One should never assume that the mod is a nice person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I can guess at what roles do from skimming other games here. But cobbler? Ranger?

I was in the first ever game here and numerous that came after. I'm still lost on half the roles. I recently made B88 explain the role of cobbler to me. I'm still only partially sure of what it is. The Ranger picks one person per NIGHT to protect. If the wolf chooses the person the Ranger picked, the person lives. The Ranger is a wonderful role, really. Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Anyway, I think Mith is making too much out of nothing.

I've come to hold the belief that Mith never makes too much out of nothing. I agree with her about eying Saucie's word use, given my knowledge of him. He's a fantastic writer as well as being a loyer and a generally wiley fella. Since he outright told us he'd be adding things to the narrative, it makes absolute and unarguable sense to eye every word he says with critical attention. Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I'm not sure I understand your point, Nogrod. Logic is logic, isn't it?

Have you ever compared my logic to that of anybody else? Logic is never just logic. Two people can take the same exact topic and, following perfect logic, argue two perfectly opposing points, both being right. Logic is based on a set of assumptions that may not be shared by the rest of the group. My logic is not yours, Noggie's is not mine. Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Why discuss potential roles (bears etc.) when we'll find out tonight? Why discuss the intro? - I doubt it will provide anything useful. All this is a distraction from wolf-hunting.

I rather expect the intro will only prove helpful after we've learned more, if then. Like reading any other story and going back to realize that the signs were there all along. It doesn't come together until you hit a climactic moment, usually.

Though I do recommend discussing potential roles. For one thing, it clarifies some of the more obscure roles for people who have never gamed with them. For another, the roles people suggest might tell us things.