The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #161
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A horrible idea just occured to me: what if Noggie and Boro are two of our three remaining wolves?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #162
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay.

We can afford only one bad lynch. Not more. If we lynch an innocent toDay and toMorrow, we're dead all.

And everything surely looks quite confusing for now.

That also means that our Seer should think of the situation and consider the pros and cons of acting out. Surely it's her/his decision and s/he only knows whether it's worth it (is there information or not?).

But if we miss it toDay, then s/he will be our last hope - if alive...

I tend to agree with Boro here (no Lommy, it's not that, at least in my case) that the wolves made a good kill as all the discussion has been centered around a couple of people. We shouldn't try to discuss everyone all the time as that would just break off but surely we could spread this discussion a bit!

I'll promise to give it a try.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #163
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It is quite possible that both are innocent, and possible that both are wolves.

But what do you suggest instead, Boro? You say that there are still 80% of us that aren't being looked at. But who of the 80% are you looking at?

Quote:
I don't think the wolves thought Rune was the seer. I think they indeed thought he was the Cobbler.
Why would they think he was the Cobbler? CoD was looking like the Cobbler, with my pitiful voting record, they could have thought me to be the Cobbler. I thought Gurthang seemed Cobbler-like. Rune looked no more like the cobbler than anyone else. Maybe they did feel that maybe he was the Cobbler, but there's hardly so much reason for that as there is for them to view him either as a possible Seer, or simply as another pretty quiet person they wanted to lynch to continue their pattern, and secure the goal that you cited: leaving the loud ones to go for each others' throats.

Perhaps that was their only plan, though. Maybe the wolves were feeling quite well, taking out one by one the silent types and throwing the village into confusion. As Nogrod has pointed out, their killing pattern suggests that they felt pretty secure. And yet, why didn't they kill Naria or Volo before Rune? Maybe it was a random choice, or maybe it was the fact that no one really suspected Rune. No one was after Volo too much, either, though...and yesterday, though Naria got attention, we were all quite prepared to let her go for the time being.

But Rune's accusations make him stand out: not because of who he accused, but because of how he did it - with seemingly the utmost certainty. I can see why the wolves would be afraid he was the Seer. If the Seer knew for certain who one or two of the wolves were, might they risk being killed if they felt the village was in danger if they waited much longer? I think the wolves, at least, thought it quite possible that the Seer would act in such a way.

I will probably vote for either CoD or Naria, because I really do feel it is the best way to clear things up. If whoever we lynch turns out innocent...well, it will be a more difficult decision tomorrow whether or not to take our chances and lynch the other.

Volo has caught my attention with his really...weird...reasoning. I may end up voting for CoD myself, but I do not understand why he talks about how Nogrod seems innocent (and bases it largely on that other people have assumed him innocent since the start of the game) - but mentions that he doesn't like on of his lists and his vote for Anguirel on Day One - and then discusses how Farael seems innocent as well, only to vote for CoD. Huh? Too bad he seems to have disappeared again. And I suppose I'll have to cut him some slack because he seemed to be in a rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I tend to agree with Boro here (no Lommy, it's not that, at least in my case) that the wolves made a good kill as all the discussion has been centered around a couple of people. We shouldn't try to discuss everyone all the time as that would just break off but surely we could spread this discussion a bit!
What bothers me is that both you and Boro are saying we should spread the discussion, and yet neither of you have ventured to share with us who you feel it should be spread to. Those of us who are innocent do not know who should be considered and who shouldn't be, so simply saying we should spread our focus encompasses just about everyone. Being narrow-minded isn't good, I agree, but I had problems with Naria before Rune's death, and we've all had problems with CoD since Day One. If there is someone you feel is quite suspicious, I'd love to hear more ideas.

Edit:

Quote:
I'll promise to give it a try.
Ah, sorry. I look forward to it.

I know there are things I missed, but this post is already too long.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #164
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I know there are things I missed, but this post is already too long.
In this village, I'd rather hear all people have to say regardless of how long posts it will make.

I'm quite confused and clueless at the moment. I will probably vote Naria, since I believe she's a wolf (based on Rune's death). Other than her, I have no real suspects and that is no good. The wolves are still all alive and there's three o' them, so having just one suspect quite sucks.

Boromir still gives me a bad feeling. I know I can't put my finger on it, but he disturbs me. And the whole idea of making a Borolysis horrifies me... (and probably Noggie too, who shares the computer and is currently in two ww-games... )

Durelin, Farael, Valier, Di and Noggie all make sense and seem quite innocent (Farael and Durelin mainly based on their latest long posts, Valier, Noggie and Di more generally). They're all people I'm not very suspicious of. Now this is no good either since that is half of the village. (Of course one could argue that if I find five people innocentish + know I'm innocent myself, 3/4 of the ones left must be wolves if I'm right and I should be just happy of having narrowed my worry-about list quite effectively... )
I see I'm making a mess of this, so simply put: I find these people innocentish but I feel uncomfortable with narrowing my suspect list with this big a group in this situation (7 of us against 3 of them), so I won't be doing it. If any of you is a wolf I congratulate for a convincing innocentishness.

So, with the innocentish five, innocent myself, vaguely suspicious Boro and suspicious Naria I'm left with Volo and CoD, of which at least one should be guilty if I'm correct about the innocentish five (which I'm not assuming). I don't particularly suspect Volo and CoD seems either mislead/-taken-innocentish or quite wolvish.The problem is that CoD being guilty kind of ruins the theory based on which I regard Naria suspicious... Hey! What if (I just realised there's a possibility of this) the wolves thought Rune to be seer (since he nailed Nariawolf) and assumed that seer-Rune's another dream was of a dead one and decided to kill him both to eliminate a possible seer and making CoD look innocent for the village. Now that I've put it "into paper" it seems quite unpossible (and I'm not even sure if it tactically makes sense), but we shouldn't forget the possibility. If that was the cause indeed, Rune was an ideal pick for them.

So, if I was to guess who the remaining wolves are, I'd say Naria, Boro and CoD or Volo, but I'm far from assured.

If you understood anything of this post or it made sense to you, I congratulate, for I see I managed to make it very confusing (but unfortunately I can't make it any clearer, blame either a freaky way of thinking and expressing thoughts or broken English...) ...
Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #165
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

A clear-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
In this village, I'd rather hear all people have to say regardless of how long posts it will make.
I'm not sure if this can be understood, anyway, what I meant was "In this village, I'd rather hear all what people have to say regardless of how long posts it will make" or "In this village, I'd rather hear everything people have to say regardless of how long posts it will make".
Old 11-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Being in two games at the sametime (not intentional), sharing the computer with another WW-player (Lommy) and trying to live (RL) at the same time seems to be a challenge...

But this is what I have thought of in general terms.

Now looking at the way the wolves have made their picks would either tell us that a) they are utterly comfortable with their situation in the village
b) they were comfortable on Day1 but went after a possible seer Rune last Night.

Now a) would suggest that the wolves are among those who have not been seriously challenged so far. Making the list to look just too long for my taste... Lommy, Di, Valier, Volo would top that list of mine as those who have been suspected the least.

But that means not that those with some minor suspicions (Boro, Durelin, Farael) would not be wolves at all. If a) is true, I believe it would be a combination of the two groups.

If b) is true we should go for either Naria or CoD.

There surely are possibilities that transcend these two options but nevertheless as probably only one of them is a wolf - if either of them is.

What I would like to point out again, then.

As I said earlier it's funny to see that Durelin and Di built up the death of Anguirel (which I accept sealing). Durelin has been most vocal this time, really putting effort into being reasonable - as she has been. Possibly a special role of a wolf would do that? And Di is just so verbiose that you should never underestimate her skills either... I don't say there is something exact in their posts that would merit myself voting for them but the situation is more one of occasion. We seem to be so at loss with our possible suspects and they seem to be floating over all the hassle down here... I don't know.

Still I believe I'm not going to vote either of them toDay. I would need something more solid to it.

I might go for Naria too for reasons I will be posting in a minute. Just need to check the situation and to refresh my head with some thinking. I would love to bring a new believable wolf-candidate to the discussion but this looks pretty confusing.

What that means: the wolves are good ones.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

My idea for voting Naria was based more on the way she had performed earlier on Day1. Now as I looked back to it I'm not so sure anymore.

Surely she posted some nonconsequentals and then trailed my idea about CoD by adding one more detail to it (CoD might be the cobbler - which turned out not so good idea in theory after a short while and was proven wrong in practise last Night). What made me look at it twice in the first place was the way she reacted around the village: posting some safe nonsense first and then trying to look reasonable by affirming a "theory" that had been brought forwards, staying quiet and in the shadows most of the time.

To this we still might add Lommy's theory about Rune being the wolves guess for Seer and Di's remarks on Naria actually not helping us at all (even though for a reason of being sick). It looks somewhat plausible, but something just tells me we are mislead again...
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #168
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So, if I was to guess who the remaining wolves are, I'd say Naria, Boro and CoD or Volo, but I'm far from assured.
I quite agree with your listing at this point. I wouldn't place too much of a bet on any of them, but if I had to.

Quote:
Lommy, Di, Valier, Volo would top that list of mine as those who have been suspected the least.
And I'd like to add you somewhere on that list.

Edit: Cross-posted with Nogrod's second post.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #169
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I somehow feel less well with Nogrod now that I have read his posts again, I don't see any "points" in them.
Nogrod has been posting a lot, no doubt of that, but he has repeated things over and over, and that including mostly encouraging other players to make a point about this and that.
And he goes on the quiet players when he himself congratulates the wolves and talks about them being of the vocal players.
Nogrod's talk is agreeing or not agreeing with other players, but not telling anything new as a good player should.
He has time to be in WW, but he hasn't so far made any good points, or then I can't see them.

I have already once made a mistake on Nogrod for those same reasons (and you can't imagine how embarrassed I felt when after two weeks of certainty of catching a wolf I found out that he was a ranger instead), but...

I'll stay with CoD and add that I'm innocent, an innocent that is willing to die for the good of you other innocents, just I can't see what use you will have of me dying...

(I am not proud to be alive so long or anything as for the lack of time and not enough experience (that I do get by playing WW, and living) I am just a filler, I'll have a break from WW for a few weeks after this game until I maybe have enough time to do anything so demanding as WW on the computer, ignore this in the game)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #170
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I have coursework to do, so I shall vote now in the event I do not find the time to post again.

++Naria
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #171
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm getting last minute bad feelings. My wits tell me to vote Naria, but my gut-feeling is actually that she maybe isn't bad after all. Really confusing. But I guess I'll still vote her, since I am suspicious of her and don't have very strong suspicions about any other person. I just hope my last-minute gut-feeling is wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I somehow feel less well with Nogrod now that I have read his posts again, I don't see any "points" in them.
I disagree, take the "CoD tries to play the seer" for an example.

Quote:
Nogrod has been posting a lot, no doubt of that, but he has repeated things over and over, and that including mostly encouraging other players to make a point about this and that.
A good point, I haven't apparently focused on that.
Quote:
And he goes on the quiet players when he himself congratulates the wolves and talks about them being of the vocal players.
That sounds rather funny.

Quote:
. . . an innocent that is willing to die for the good of you other innocents, just I can't see what use you will have of me dying...
If you're innocent then the best thing you can do to us is to stay alive and discuss and make points about possible wolves, not die.
Quote:
(I am not proud to be alive so long or anything as for the lack of time and not enough experience (that I do get by playing WW, and living) I am just a filler, I'll have a break from WW for a few weeks after this game until I maybe have enough time to do anything so demanding as WW on the computer, ignore this in the game)
Now, what's that?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #172
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Durelin, while I haven't noticed Nogrod naming anyone else (which gets me wondering) I have. The main person being Farael whom I'm highly suspicious of.

For some others. Lommy worried me at the beginning of the day, but lately that's lessened quite a bit...especially because of this:
Quote:
A horrible idea just occured to me: what if Noggie and Boro are two of our three remaining wolves?
May seem odd, but I'm not like CoD who just suspects anyone who goes after himself.

The other person that I'm growing more concerned about is Volo, who seemingly is all over the place. First he says Nogrod is too bold to be a wolf as he is coming out and establishing arguments against people. He believed a wolf would not do such a thing. (I disagreed, especially when we're talking about Nogrod). Now he's come out and said that there really is no point to Nogrod's posts.

You also ask why the wolves haven't killed so far the quiet ones like Naria or Volo. I think either:

1) Naria or Volo (or both are wolves) hence they have not been killed yet. This I think is more likely in Volo's case who is completely everywhere.

2) This I feel is more likely with Naria, she's an easy target for a lynch. Simply kill Rune to get people to think the wolves believed he was the seer and the people will cry Naria's a wolf...lynch her. Hence, why she hasn't been killed, as she hasn't been feeling well and presumably not be able to put up much of a defense. Which would benefit the wolves in two ways to keep her around. It would first create a crisis of uncertainty in the village. Do we think Naria's a wolf? Eventhough she's been under the weather, this doesn't mean she isn't a wolf, yet we feel bad if she turns out to be innocent. But do to the circumstances, we actually won't know until Naria is lynched. The other benefit again, an easy lynch candidate for the next day.

I would much rather see Farael lynched. However, if it comes down to it, I will vote for Naria to save CoD. CoD seems more valuable to have than Naria. Regrettably Naria is not feeling well, but because of this she isn't going to be much help and will remain a thorn in our side.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #173
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

We seem to have all options open, happily. If I got it right, the voting stands now at:

Volo --> CoD (CoD1)
Di --> Naria (CoD1, Naria1)
CoD --> Naria (CoD1, Naria2)

I share the nervousness of voting Naria here as voiced by Lommy. We can afford only one bad decision. And we shouldn't make even that.

Quote:
Maybe you should lead the way then and make the points? I think I have made as many points I could have. ToDay has been a bad one for this game as I have not been able to hang around here as much I would have liked to. That is a thing I don't like but can't change it either...

CoD has dropped in again with more than a troubling vote. He might be an innocent as well even if we all didn't share his overall attitrude to the game...

Farael's analysis of CoD and all he put into it was somewhat eyebrow-raising. I just can't say I agree with all his points or their ingenuinety. Maybe he's the wolf now (that might bite to Durelin also) and tries to look extra helpful by committing the effort to it?

Sorry, I seem to be in the darkness - and whether Volo likes it or not - I will still ask for you others for some opinions. We still have time (although myself and Lommy will share the computer and can't be online at the same time)

X'd with Boro
Old 11-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #174
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I would feel a bit more secure with voting Farael than Naria or CoD...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #175
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think Naria should die, because if she's a wolf (as my reason tells me), we've got one of them.
If she's an innocent, we still have one more chance to lynch a wolf and we won't be spending the day to speculating about her, which we have mostly done today.

Henceforth:

++Naria
Old 11-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #176
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
7 people are yet to vote. I don't know who's here (except Lommy on Nogrod). I don't want a mass cross-posting cross-voting confusion. What do we want to do?

Farael I also feel more comfortable voting for instead of CoD or Naria, but we have to know what we're going to do, so we nor the wolves can botch anything here at the end.

Edit: x-posted with Lommy
Old 11-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #177
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Only a little time left now....What is everyone who hasn't voted thinking?

I am leaning towards CoD. I have had some suspicion of him the whole game. When I thought that Rune could be the seer and he said that CoD was innocent just because, I thought he must have dreamt of him and found him innocent. I was unsure if the Seer would see the Cobbler as an innocent or as the Cobbler. So I thought that there was still a chance that CoD was bad, just not a wolf....then when Rune turned out to be the Cobbler, it just put my thoughts right back to CoD being evil. With his behavior today after Rune's death it just kinda reaffirms my suspicions. He seems agitated and a bit testy. For example...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
So unless you come up with actual proof I'm a wolf, it's all just about how you feel that's at the core of the matter. And that is how my voting goes. I don't like being suspected, and I don't enjoy having to waste my time defending myself again and again, day after day. So I will vote for those that attack me and hope I can get rid of them. If they back off, so will I.
I don't want to just Naria slide, but I hate to vote for someone who hasn't been around to defend themselves. That's not saying that she isn't a wolf, just that I think the possibility of CoD being a wolf is higher at the moment. If Naria doesn't die and doesn't show up tomorrow then yes she warrants my vote for nonparticipation.

Last edited by Valier; 11-13-2006 at 03:50 PM. Reason: x-posted with Nog,Lommy and Boro
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #178
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry! I posted as Lommy as I hadn't remembered to log in as myself...

I deleted it.

Shortly.

Naria3, CoD1

Some competition might reveal last moment reactions for toMorrow if we get it wrong...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #179
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I'm not going to wait...I hope we catch a wolf either way today. *crosses fingers*

++CoD
Old 11-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

ToMorrow look at the unsuspected. Please do.

Now we will have to pick on these three I'm afraid (Naria, CoD, Farael).

I might go for the last one...

X'd with Valier
Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And do not forget Valier! She has made a difference in two late votes already that have turned in a way I haven't liked... whatever that might tell...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm going with:

++Farael
Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #183
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Well I'm not going to wait...I hope we catch a wolf either way today. *crosses fingers*

++CoD
Go ahead and lynch me.

But nothing under my rock will you find.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #184
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's try it...

++ Farael
Old 11-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #185
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Alright, thankfully I am able to be here before the deadline...though it appears a horrible mess if not everyone votes.

So, in addition to CoD and Naria, some (namely Nogrod and Boro) are looking at Volo and Farael. I have been looking at Volo, but I actually find his last post less suspicious. It really has the appearance of being genuinely a little haphazard, which I think might speak of his innocence.

I feel like Volo's whole "I'm an innocent" spiel, while troubling, is unlike a wolf. That never fails to draw attention to yourself, though perhaps one might think it would draw sympathy (even if only subconsciously) from people. And with all three wolves still alive, perhaps they are feeling bold enough to draw quite a bit of attention to themselves.

I cannot get a read on Farael at all. I don't agree with his reasoning, but I have no reason to think he is a wolf.

With that having been said, I will stick with my original thoughts and feelings.

++Naria

If Naria is innocent...well then, tomorrow will be rough.

Edit: Needless to say, I cross-posted with a few...I suppose Naria's fate is sealed.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #186
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thumbs up...
Old 11-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #187
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Whoa, what's up with CoD?! I'm tempted to change my vote, but it's too late now.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #188
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
The day's discussion was loud and heated. Finally, however, the club members came to a conclusion. Naria was simply going to have to go.

Naria did not even arrive to plead for her life. When the club members found her, she was curled up in her tent, still abed.

"Naria," Lommy asked, tentatively, not sure how her question would be received under the circumstances, "are you feeling all right?"

"No," snarled Naria, whose appearance was undergoing a rapid and unsettling shift. "I have a bad case of lycanthropy!"

The club members screamed and scattered. Only three remained, standing firmly against the attack of their former friend. Two were musicians, and had always been special friends of Naria, Diamond and Farael, and the other was Durelin, who made it a point to never back down, never surrender.

"How do you tune a flute?" asked Diamond rhetorically.

"Shoot the flautist," answered Farael grimly.

Durelin nodded and leveled her blaster.

One wolf would no longer harm the club members.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3

Alive

Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Diamond - librarian - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Sorry that I must make use of such a bad joke, but my husband the bando has no other ideas.

Wolves, make your kill, Seer, dream your dream, let's go.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-13-2006 at 05:10 PM.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #189
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Diamond spent the night peacefully, humming to herself in defiance of the tuneless interference of her sword.

It would be perfectly honest to say that Diamond was a lovely young woman, and when two voices rose in harmony outside her door, it seemed natural to her to step out and see who serenaded her, but that natural curiosity quickly turned to dismay as the innocent song took a dark turn.

“What can I do, my dear, to catch your ear
I love you madly, madly Madam Librarian...Marian!
Heaven help us if the library caught on fire
And the Volunteer Hose Brigademen
Had to whisper the news to Marian...Madam Librarian!”

One of her tormentors produced a torch and set fire to her tent as the young woman whirled to face the danger.

“What can I say, my dear, to make it clear
I need you badly, badly, Madam Librarian...Marian
If you stumbled and you busted your what-you-may-call-it
You could lie on the floor
'Till your body had turned to carrion....Madam Librarian.”

The second of her tormentors pushed her hard, and she stumbled backwards, falling down hard in the open doorway of her open tent. The fire was beginning to blaze merrily.

“Now in the moonlight, a man could sing it
In the moonlight
And a fellow would know that his darling
Had heard ev'ry word of his song
With the moonlight helping along.
But when I try in here to tell you, dear
I love you madly, madly, Madam Librarian...Marian

It's a long lost cause I can never win
For the civilized world accepts as unforgivable sin
Any talking out loud with any librarian
Such as Marian.....Madam Librarian.”

Both gagged her, working quickly as the heat rose. No one would hear her cries for help.

~*~

No one remembered, the next morning, who had risen the cries for help. They remembered only the long fight to douse the flames threatening the campsite, made more difficult by silence and mistrust. When the last spark had been put out, they quietly shoveled all the ashes from Diamond’s tentsite into a grave. Not enough remained to be sure they buried only her.

Only six of the eight who stood exhausted in the predawn gleamings were innocent.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Dia'l Na Mon the Half Elven Enchantress and Wielder of Azgalthro the Rapping Sword

Alive

Boromir88 - Fuller - all the NPCs
CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Durelin - StarCaptain - William Shatner
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dúnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8
Volo - teleseller - Tom Yrmacha'zul'charach'ping'yit'pul tha half-balrog, wielding a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Last edited by JennyHallu; 11-14-2006 at 04:49 PM.
JennyHallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #190
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Alas, poor Diamond. Those putrid wolves have struck again, and against one who had helped the village oust the scourge of Naria.

But nevertheless, we have killed a wolf. Bravo!

Now, who do we turn our eyes on next? At the moment, as a continuation of yesterday's thoughts, I am heavily inclined to look at Farael, though Valier does present a tempting choice.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #191
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This truly is a headbanger...

But there are rays of light beginning to emerge.

We won one Day more!

Happily the Seer is still living and has now at least one known innocent, possibly others.

YesterDay's voting makes interesting read: Diamond, CoD, Lommy, Durelin all voted for Naria.

I wouldn't put it past all of them to perform a wolf-on-wolf -vote at this stage of the game (they were and are still quite strong) as it would really make one look good. And only Durelin's vote looks like it could raise eyebrows as it was made two minutes before the deadline and assuming Farael was not doing a miraculous last minute entry to favour the one Durelin would vote (other than Naria), then it was the safest vote ever for a wolf to cast! Easy jump on a doomed fellow and gaining the trust of all... Well, actually her last post kind of makes her look innocent.

On the other side of the coin:
Volo's vote for CoD at that part of Day and voting could be seen as really safe one.

Valier voted for CoD with points but also put her words extremely carefully concerning Naria. A wolf would act just like that. (And her voting record looks as bad as mine!)

Boro went after Farael with points behind him and probably with my assurance that I might pick that train too if it would be opened. An innocent would act like that but also a wolf would love to take that chance.

Myself, I voted for Farael too. I thought there were good reasons to lynch Naria, not the least Lommy's theory about Rune's death. But at the last meters it just started feeling bad (she wasn't there to answer herself etc. and we had seemingly been in blind alleys so far and so my confidence just broke and I started thinking whether our wolves would be those we have not suspected so far).

Farael did not vote...

What I mean?

Even if we have bought us a new Day we still are not well off here. I myself would like to start inqueries from the latter bunch of people (non-Naria voters eg. Volo, Valier, Boro, Farael). But if good points emerge I will not tie myself to it.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #192
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

To let everyone know, Durelin's internet has failed and she does not know if she will be able to post tonight, and her time may be limited tomorrow.

~*~

Nogrod, I agree with a bit of your logic on Boromir. I think a wolf could act like that, and probably would if given the chance. I'm not sure what to make of Boro, though.

Figuring out these remaining wolves will be difficult, especially given that they've targeted someone a little more outspoken than the fringe players they've been killing to this point. Maybe the fringe players are the wolves, and in killing the last non-wolf ones (Volo maybe being the last?) off reveals them too much?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #193
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Silmaril

Nevermind, I'm here.

Quote:
Happily the Seer is still living and has now at least one known innocent, possibly others.
Yep, I'm surprised I lasted this long. I'm your Seer.

And I can tell you that your logic on Boromir is right on: he is a wolf. And let me tell you, it's been heck to try and keep quiet enough about him to not draw too much attention to myself.

Here is who I have dreamed of:

Night One: Boromir
Night Two: Rikae (as you can see, that did me a lot of good...and I knew that was going to happen)
Night Three: Naria
Night Four: Nogrod

Obviously Rikae was innocent, Naria was a wolf.

Nogrod is innocent.

I want to apologize for yesterday: I knew of two wolves by then, but did not speak out. Why? Because I felt like Naria was a likely goner anyway, and I knew that, with a fellow wolf on the line, the other two wolves would be much more likely to stand out, slip up, whatever. And, of course, I wanted another Night to dream. It was insanely nerve-wracking trying to figure out who to dream of, and it came down to being between Nogrod and Valier. I thought about rolling a die to pick which one, but instead ended up going for Nogrod. I wish in a way that I had rolled the die, because flipping a coin on Day One to decide between Ang and Boro ended quite well...

I wanted to dream of Nogrod because I knew he would bother me. I thought it unlikely he would be a wolf when he voted with Boro, but I also thought it a possible 'double bluff' thing...and that would have driven me crazy, not knowing, particularly because he is so out-spoken.

I wanted to dream of Valier because I find her a likely wolf candidate. But I think Volo and Farael are likely enough, too. Boromir could have been trying to distance himself from Farael in raising suspicion of him and voting for him twice, but I find that a little too excessive to be very likely. Volo is a possibility, but I really cannot tell. I find Valier's behavior more wolf-like, and I have noticed very little if any interaction between Val and Boro.

Okay...so why am I coming out now? Because I just can't stand the stress anymore, that's why! I was horribly tempted to try and last another Night, because I so want to catch the last wolf, but...by tomorrow, with two innocents possibly down (and with a fine possibility that I might be killed in the Night)...that's just cutting it way too close. I'd also be placing my bets on dreaming of the last wolf, or at least clearing a key innocent. And I'm not much of a gambler.

So...here I am. Sorry for being late, and all those who died to further my purpose.

If you'd like an explanation of my behavior, here's one in short: I wanted to stay alive in both respects. I wanted the wolves to like me because I was just a stupid villager, but I wanted to seem innocent, too...the result: well...whatever it was I was doing.

If you don't believe me...we're screwed.

So, you going to put up a fight, Boro.

Edit: Okay, so "likely goner" in reference to Naria was an exaggeration. I waited so long to vote for a reason. :P
Old 11-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #194
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

You escaped our grasp long enough Durelin...I will give you that. You did good, we had no idea. We thought Diamond was it for sure.

See I kind of thought you were the wretched Seer, but when you said things like I lightened some of your suspicion and you went after innocents I thought for sure you weren't...I can't congradulate you because it means my end...but you get the idea.

If only there was no seer, oh what could bE?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #195
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I could be of some help...perhaps with some promises that you will kill me nicely and not mutilate my body I may be of some service to let you know who my partner is.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #196
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, first of all, I have to say that my non-voting has nothing to do with my role. It is not something I planned, sadly I thought that the deadline was 5 PM my time (when I'm almost always home) and instead it is 4 PM (when I GET home... which means that if my bus is running late, or if anything else comes up I'll miss it) I've been gambling with that since I don't like voting early, nor retracting my vote, but so far it hasn't worked out for me.

You can believe me or not, that's not up to me, but I thought I should let you know.

Durelin my apologies... it seems my group of three was 33% right (at least, I'm still not sold on CoD's innocense, after all, Borowolf has protected him quite often and agreed with him. Say what you want, Boro IS smart enough to try to drag an ordo along with him, but it's also possible that he was trying to protect his friend.

I don't really have time now for a proper analysis of Boro but someone ([B]Nogrod, if you have time, since you are our only known Ordo... or Durelin if you can, since you are our Seer) may want to do it.

Ok, I can't really concentrate here... I'll wait for a charitable soul to analyze Borowolf and Naria too while we are at it.

Edit:P.S: you may all want to ignore Boromir from now on... don't try to read anything into what he says, since he knows it's game over for him and he'll try to confuse us
Old 11-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #197
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Farael, don't be so harsh, you don't think I want to help?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #198
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Farael, don't be so harsh, you don't think I want to help?
Yeah, but not help US... you want to help your wolfriend.

By the way, I should have gone with my gut instinct and gone banshee on Boromir... sadly CoD was a more "rational" choice. I shouldn't think, I should just vote for whoever seems the fishiest...
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 PM   #199
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

You shouldn't go 'banshee' on CoD, he's not my buddy.

Farael you might as well give up the act...it's over. But, if you don't want to your secret's safe with me.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:00 AM   #200
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Good wolf-spotting, Durelin.

Well, I'm glad I noticed there was something amiss with Boro and I'm even more glad that Dury came out since now I don't have to do the borolysis in order to be more sure of his guilt (or clear my suspicions of him)...

So
innocent
Durelin - seer
Nogrod - ordo

guilty
Boro - wolf

unknowns
Farael
Valier
CoD
Volo
Lommy

Now this game might last a lot longer than I thought it would yesterday.

As to the final wolf, I'm not so sure anymore (though I suspect CoD and Volo still the most), I'm going to read through the whole village probably and see how Farael, Valier, CoD and Volo interact with Boro and Naria and what do they actually say.