The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #201
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I am going to stick with Valier, she is making me suspicous and i beleive that Menel voted Valier to save her from us, and so far it is working.

++Valier
Old 09-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #202
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I've tried to widen my mind and to narrow down the suspects... Contradiction man? No, just cool ways of the mind! Wide 'n' narrow, the same stuff brothers!" Nogrod was clearly going high now. He had gathered some speed, literally.

"Okay fellas'. Lemme speak my mind here.

As yesterDay, I have no reason whatsoever to vote for Maca or Boro here today. They contribute, they argue, they make the difference. They carry this discussion forwards and if one of them - or both - are wolves, we will catch them from their words. Silence and nonsense is a lot more harder to judge than open arguments. Adding to that, my hunch says they are innocent. Not a good argument, but a hunch nevertheless.

Then comes Kath and Lommy. Both I think contribute to our common cause, even though I disagree with some points made by Kath. Be they innocent, they are an asset to us and I would hate to see either of them go now by our own hands. Be they villains, their story will end sooner or later... we'll catch them from a slip or another.

YesterDay I thought Jenny and Valesse to be on the safe side too. Well, Jenny's not here any more but I must admit that Boro's points have made me look Valesse in a new light. Somehow I didn't notice that yesterDay."

Nogrod went to the desk and took an ale to help his mind come clearer. He breathed in deeply before continuing.

"Then it comes much more complicated. Gil and Sleepy are in a cast of their own. I had time to check my lorebooks after I took a nap. If Sleepy's forefathers had no special role, they have tended to ignore the whole discussion. So he might be innocent now too. And like Boro said, Gil's family-records are such that we are seeing nothing unusual here. Both of these guys have a playing style that annoys me deeply. It's not playing, not participating, not caring to make any effort for the common cause. It's parasitic behaviour, taking advantage of those who actually do something. But they maybe innocents and we can't waste too many of them. Just hope they wake up as the days go by..."

Nogrod took a long draught from his pint and scanned around the bar. Now who's left then...

"Then Valier. She's a descendant of the wonder-family. I don't think her input has been so great, but my lore-books tell of actual Wonders. Their family has been just outrageously good at pinning down the villains with pure hunches. I mean it beats all the statistics anyone could come up with. If she is anything near to her foremothers, let's give her a chance for a day or two at least?

Of Volo my lorebooks tell nothing. Someone noted quite accurately that he has been lot sharper toDay than yesterDay. A novice getting the hang of it or being briefed by a fellow-wolf last Night? Who knows. I'd bend to give him the benefit of doubt toDay, anyhow.

So I'm left with Diamond and Naria. Diamond's actions look pretty suspicious, as has been noted earlier; and there's not much in my mind right now about Naria. Sign of being a succesful wolf? My lorebook tells her family has accomplished that before just this way, being elusive enough to not gather attention.

I'll have to see to both of these before I make up my mind... Sorry I need to go to the lavatory!"

EDIT: X-posted with Gil - he seems to be making more sense toDay than my lorebooks reveal... I'm looking at him a bit more positively now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #203
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

With a glance outside Sleepy Ranger began to speak. "I reckon it's about time I left my vote. Sticking to my secretive style I shall once again vote for

++Macalaure

Why, you ask? Well, it's quite simple really." The ranger paused for a moment. "I'm just dandy with everyone going off making their own theories and thngies but I believe I shall stick to the person who I wish to know more about." He stopped again, taking a look at everyone. "If it makes no sense to you, which it probably won't, then you'll probably understand soon." He shot another look outside.

"I'm afraid I must leave you people now. I'll be near by and may pop in again a time or two. We shall see." With that Sleepy the Ranger left the premises.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #204
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Well, well, well... It's time to move from apple juice to beer, I say", Thinlómien murmured and took a pintful of beer.

"I must say that Boromir here is making a lot of sense here. He says his main suspects are Kath, Valesse and Di and I can but say the same. These three ladies are indeed a bit suspicious."

She took her first sip of beer that night and continued: "Of those three I suspect Diamond the least. She is like those with a gem-name always are - or so my lorebooks say. Her behaviour certainly alarms me a bit, but the behaviour of her ancestors has always somewhat made my ancestors wary, regardless of have the gem-people turned out innocent or guilty."

"Kath just makes me uneasy. Her summary - though it was helpful in a way - just didn't sit right with me. Like I said previously, she was kind of seeing wolves everywhere (though that might be a good thing too) and like some other people have mentioned, the coreography-thing was a bit vague and odd. And her vote for me had a quite weird and weak reasoning. Did she misunderstand me or twist my words intentionally, I don't know. I was not surprised of her suspecting me. (In fact I'm rather surprised I'm not generally suspected like most of the Grey Echoers* have been.) What I was talking about here
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
"What is interesting here, is that all of the three of us - especially Nogrod and Boromir - seem to be enjoying a general position of trust in the village at the moment. I don't know yet what to think of this."
was that I didn't (and don't) know what to make of someone being quite radically against general opinion. Sometimes these opposition-people are wolves that don't want to join bandwagons and want to seem more innocent by making cases of their own (always just agreeing with others has been generally regarded as suspicious in past centuries) or then they have been the only wise ones seeing the truth. And as I am no wolf (and don't believe that Noggie or Boro are wolves either) I'd rather be leaning to believe in the first theory about this kind of behaviour."

Thinlómien took another sip and after hesitating a bit, got herself applepie too. "Boromir the Daleman has a point about Valesse. Besides, as I have said before, her vote yesterday was quite weird and she has done nothing that'd make me see her vote in a different light."

"I would have however like to present a new suspect. His name is Sleepy Ranger. He sticks his vote for Macalaure for no sensible reason. He certainly has given no understandable reasons. This makes me think of a wolf who is unable to make up who would seem suspicious or a wolf who would like to be original. Nog the Weed-dealer said however
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
If Sleepy's forefathers had no special role, they have tended to ignore the whole discussion. So he might be innocent now too.
and I heartily agree. So Sleepy's not a main suspect of mine, but a suspect still."

Thinlómien turned to the freaky weed-dealer. "Nogrod, you said this about Volo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noogleboogleboogiewoogie
Of Volo my lorebooks tell nothing. Someone noted quite accurately that he has been lot sharper toDay than yesterDay. A novice getting the hang of it or being briefed by a fellow-wolf last Night? Who knows. I'd bend to give him the benefit of doubt toDay, anyhow.
. I wouldn't take this as a good evidence against him. It is - my lorebooks tell me - much more easy to make sense on the second than the first day. I wouldn't see that as a reason to suspect anyone."

"Summa summarum:
I am inclined to trust Boromir, Nogrod and Macalaure for a while.
I have no clear opinion yet of (though should form one soon) Volo, Naria, Valier and Gil.
I am suspicious of Diamond and Sleepy.
And I wouldn't be really surprised if Kath or Valesse started to howl (though I can't say I'm expecting them to, I'm not sure of any of my suspects, after all)."

---
* Thinlómien means "grey echo" in Sindarin
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #205
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Volo woke up on the floor of Wilwa's inn and said immediately "Hmm... There is a strange pattern going on:

Valier is against Diamond for a "reason" she isn't telling us... Valier has been quiet also otherwise. She hasn't told us much about her suspicions. This is rather strange, but I think Menel was trying to save himself by voting against Valier...

Gil has voted against Valier both days, also without a real reason. The same goes as for Valier.

As some of you have pointed out, both Valier and Gil come from quiet lineage...

But also Sleepy has voted two times without a greater reason, against Mac who I don't see that evil... Sleepy hasn't said much either, the only "trust"-point as I see has gone ironically enough to Mac... Sleepy, like Valier and Gil, hasn't said anything else that would seem of much sence.

I shall also note, that Jenny voted against Mac... I rather trust him, Boromir, Nogrod and Lommy seem to trust Mac too.
I have trust for Boromir and Nogrod, less for Lommy, all of them have made good points. Lommy has said things of both trust and distrust for Diamond, Boromir and Mac, but nothing really about Menel...

My own suspicion falls most on the hobbit ladies! Kath talking rather straight against the good people I trust here and Diamond seeming to agree with her. Also the first vote from Kath was rather random... Diamond of the two thinks that I'm a wolf! Kath hasn't made a clear opinion on me.

Valesse is strange too, Nogrod, Lommy and Boromir think her suspicious, but not Mac..."

Volo coughed a few times and slowly drank the last pint he had with him.

"So, a strange thought came to me just today. If we cut down the werewolves, we might be able to continue this dream, that would be fine with me. So, I'd rather vote some wolf and by that I meen hobbit! Be gone

++Diamond!"

With that Volo dropped on the floor just as suddenly as he stood up.

"Wake me up, if something happens..." he murmured.

EDIT: cross-posted with Lommy

Last edited by Volo; 09-09-2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: cross-post with Lommy
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #206
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
'The time for me to vote is about to come.' Boromir says. 'Now the question becomes do I want to add another name to the list (which is the person I feel most nervous and wary about) or vote for one who's already been voted for and I have suspiciouns of, but am not necessarily as confident about?'

'Nogrod, you said this about Kath and Lommy
Quote:
Be they innocent, they are an asset to us and I would hate to see either of them go now by our own hands. Be they villains, their story will end sooner or later... we'll catch them from a slip or another.
and I can agree with that as far as today goes.'

'The votes go as so...

Naria- 2
Macalaure- 1
Valier- 1
Lommy- 1
Diamond- 2

With Lommy, Nogrod, Valesse, Naria and myself left to vote yet.'

'From those who already have received votes, I find Diamond to be the most suspicious. But I am more worried that Valesse is a wolf...hmmm, I really don't want to put out another name especially if it will be a useless vote today, I will withhold my vote until later. I wish our inkeeper was here right now, and I mean the good one that is.'
Old 09-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #207
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Okay brothers and sisters!" Nogrod called after receiving the second pint.

"I've been thinking about those I suspect. This is tricksy, I say. Looks genuine, feels foul, looks bad but feels right..." He took a draught to inspire his words.

"Whattye mean is Kath and Sleepy, and Gil, feel genuine even though they do not sound it. On the other hand Naria, Di and Valesse do not look so bad but feel foul... and Valier is still a mystery I'd like to see at least tomorrow. She's on the hunches of her family..."

Nogrod took a long draught and was looking for his weed as he met the denying gaze of Wilwa. Okay, I'll do it later.

"What I see now is the following.

Diamond has posted one post just calling others with names and claiming to suspect everyone. On the second post she gets more interesting. As Menel (now a known wolf) had accused her
Quote:
"Diamond, if you would please be so kind as to provide a reason for these accusation of yours," Menel remarked, "I would be grateful. In this sort of a situation, throwing out random accusations at first is generally the norm, but perhaps I should start concentrating on who could really be a werewolf."
She goes on to answer:
Quote:
Diamond seemed to consider the question Menel put to her for a long while, appearing to be deep in thought. But this turned out false, as a tell tale snore escaped her.
So Menel, the reckless wolf, trying to contact a fellow who tries to avoid any contact - but still needs to say it aloud as to disassociate herself from him?

Then there was the "in-character"-vote for me. No problem there as such, we may vote whoever we wish, but who would like to hide her vote into the charachter if not the wolves?

But after kind of resigning with communication with Menel Day1 she opens the Day2 with:
Quote:
"One dead werewolf," she said. "Excellent. I shall now have to cast my mind back over everything he said
Did she ever do that? Seemingly she is helping us with a promise to look after Menel's points, but does not deliver - or even apologise of not doing it. So the important thing is to look helpful but not do anything to cast a shadow over a fellow. Getting out of the net without leaving a trace?

And as Maca pointed out:
Quote:
It's weird that Menel commented on her fun accusations and told her to go wolf-hunting instead. Why would he ask this of an innocent?
And how she reacted? By stating that she is a rebel and needs not to answer...

Looks somewhat bad, I daresay.

I've to drink a bit more before I say anything about Naria and Valesse... this talkin' dries one's throat, ya'know?"
Old 09-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #208
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Valesse roused herself from her state of listening to address Boromir "Now, now... your evidence against me is, as I had stated earlier today, tarnishing... but I was amonishing him, not accusing. Please think back to my earlier statement dear Man-of-Dale."

"Yes, a poor move on my part... but if you recall Menel was already in a fair amount of trouble at that time, so I impore that you consider this: If it were that both Menel and I were wolves... do you consider me as thoughtless as to openly 'cue' his excuse later? Hommm!" the ent groaned in disappointment. "That would be foolishness and not the cunning of a wolf."

Reaching inside once again the Apple Fritter fritted the rest of Thinlomien's apple pie and placed it high in her branches with the other apples. "As for your- hmmm- request Thinlomien, I am unsure how I can explain my past vote for Naria any further. I wanted to hear more from her and did not, just as you had. Either I have seen the other client's relatives act similarly on the first days of such terrible times and somehow over looked the 'Nariatic" variety, or was just very single-minded yesterday... I just found her lack of addressing the situation suspicious."

"But for today, as it is shorter now than the shortest of days I recall my concern over Kath the halfling and her hastiness. More than a few of us have found faults in her summary. What is said ought to be said in it's fullest and truest form, or it does not bear mentioning... yes, that is what the Ents say. I am not in favor of such summaries with opinions interlaced with in them... it seems like foul trickery. Corruption." nearly fully roused Valesse switched windows, adjusting her pie. "Hmmm... these are harsh words for such a small creature. I apologize..."

Closing her giant eyes for a moment the entwife collected herself. "Perhaps the majority has something going about this Diamond character... but from what I can see from these windows she is waiting for one of us to create a fool-proof plan to execute, and is defensive when questioned about her inactivity..." Valesse chuckled oddly "Not that I haven't been defensive this entire time, either... but I try to keep a better mood about it. I consider her suspicious, but not like

++KATH

and her questionable summary-pinions."

(Edit) X-Posted with Nogrod.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #209
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod had emptied his ale and took yet another. Good for your health to have some vitamins...

Aloud he said: "I have tried to recollect what our wolf said yesterDay. Basically trying to see how he handled different people. Oh sorry, you other races too..." Nogrod stammered but soon retained his balance.

In #123 he said about Gil:
Quote:
"You're certainly somewhat odd, exhorting us all to go feast on pancakes when there's an investigation to be done. A wolf? Possbily, but possibly not. Being a crazy chef, though, who knows what you've been cooking lately.
So pure nonsense. Might be covering a fellow, might be just bantering to hide his fangs...

In #136 he said about Di:
Quote:
"Diamond, if you would please be so kind as to provide a reason for these accusation of yours," Menel remarked, "I would be grateful. In this sort of a situation, throwing out random accusations at first is generally the norm, but perhaps I should start concentrating on who could really be a werewolf."
Makes me wonder...

And this about Lommy & Naria:
Quote:
"Thinlómien, for one, is behaving somewhat strangely. After Naria mentioned that there hadn't been much discussion yet, which was probably only intended to get people talking, Thinlómien jumped on her statement as evidence that Naria could be a wolf. Her vote so early in the day looks pretty suspicious to me, though she may not have the time to come back later in the day. She is my prime suspect at this point, though if she turns out to be innocent, I'll be looking more closely at Naria."
This kind of lifts my suspicions off from Lommy & Naria. As a known wolf he is clearly trying to make a case out of nothing (as a wolf he has known their identities and so would probably not endanger rthis kind of accusations over his fellows?)

In #153 he says:
Quote:
"My thoughts were simply that Naria's comment earlier did not appear too suspicious, as more dialogue generally is good for finding wolves and silence does not give us much to go on, regardless of who is silent. Now, while it is true that Naria's comment came early in the Day, her suggestion that we speak more is a good one and carries no apparent malice. Thinlomien appears suspicious to me for her attack on Naria in this case. The problem is that I suggested looking at Naria if Lommy turned out to be innocent, something that I honestly should not have said. I do not think Naria is a threat."
Flip-flopping, yes, but also underlining the possibility of the innocence of the two (as we now know he was a wolf)?

That was followed by the following, kind of showing why Maca is innocent (he must have felt him a big threat as he left myself and Boro without any counter-comments)
Quote:
anyhowThe ranger turned to Nogrod, Macalaure, and Borormir88.

"You three seem to like accusing me of being a wolf as of late, and were fairly quick to post one after the other. Of the three of you, I think it's possible that at least one could be up to no good. Nogrod was the first, and as his suspicions were justifiable (and his mind wasn't exactly working quite right), I'm going to excuse him for now. Between Boromir and Macalaure, I find the latter more likely to be a wolf than the former."

"Macalaure, you appear somewhat suspicious by your own reasoning. You said,
Quote:
You say "if she turns out to be innocent"? Are you already plotting what to do after her death, even before she collected even one vote? Then you will go after Naria, you say, and expect us to accept this as logic, because it then will used to be the suspicion of a proven innocent. To me, this looks like a wolf laying the tracks to be able to excuse his involvement in the future lynching of no less than two innocents.
, which is somewhat believable, but if so, you incriminate yourself immediately afterward:
Quote:
I do not say Lommy and Naria are innocent, but Menel's words strike me as very suspicious.
One could say you are trying to cover your tracks with that last statement of yours. If my statement makes me a wolf, your statement does the same for you."
And now I know why we three have been lumped together! Because of a known wolf did it!

His last, #167 says:"
Quote:
Really, my attacks on people's occupations were merely in jest, the ranger continued. "JennyHallu was simply a random choice based on the way my die rolled. And I don't suspect Naria of being a wolf, either. I'm as clueless as the rest of you here."

"At this point," said Menel, "my vote goes to

++Valier

She has posted just enough for us to know that she's around, but has said absolutely nothing of value. Sounds kind of wolfish to me.
Eating one's own words is typical wolvery (in this case against Naria). But what can we read into the cases of Naria or Valier in here? Someone said his attack on Valier in the last moment was a way to make her look good. When he knew he was going to die, didhe try to save a fellow by suspecting her the first time? That's possible.

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-09-2006 at 03:21 PM. Reason: correcting a quote.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #210
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

'Thank you for supplying those Nogrod,' Boromir smiled. 'certainly makes my job a lot easier. From his last post where he votes for Valier, I would be more inclined to believe Valier is not a wolf. Yes, it's possible he voted for Valier to try to throw suspicion away from a wolf-partner, but is it not equally possible that he did this, hoping we would see it as such and it would lead us to lynching an innocent? For now, Valier and her hunches are too valuable to lose at this early going, especially when I think there are others who look far more suspicious.'

'Well Valesse, you don't have my vote at least for another day. I don't see a reason to add in another name, as it would appear to be a waste. Of those who have been voted for, Diamond looks the most suspicious for reasons already mentioned.

++Diamond'

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-09-2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #211
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Now, I think, it is the time for me to cast my vote. Of those I suspect - Valesse, Kath, Diamond and Sleepy - Diamond is the only one I can vote so that it affects things. If I vote Sleepy or Valesse, they can't get the needed support to be lynched because there are only two votes left (plus my vote). I could vote Kath, but she would only get lynched if both Naria and Noggie voted her, and Noggie said he won't be voting her today. So, if I want to get one of my suspects lynched the only vote that can really affect thing is a vote for

++Diamond

though she'd be dead even without my vote unless both Noggie and Naria voted Naria - which doesn't sound probable."

She emptied the last pint of the evening. "For the memory of Diamond in case she's innocent."

She fixed her gaze to the another hobbit, Kath. "Tomorrow I will have a look at your actions, Lady Perian."
Old 09-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Jah man! This odd-tongued hobbit will go! I've stated my reasons earlier..."

++ Diamond

Nogrod fell down from his bench at the desk and his tumbling down made quite a noise. With the help of other villagers he got back to his feet.

"Sorry guys... maybe just one too much... or one too little?"
Old 09-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #213
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Diamond broke out into a fit of giggles. "In case I'm innocent, eh?" she said to Lommy. "Well, I'll drink to that."

She helped herself to a draught of ale and slugged it down. "Well, I was hoping to have more time to play with my character, you know," she continued, slurring her speech a bit. "Going from tight laced ascetic to raving drunk... you're all going to miss out on me standing on the table with my hair down singing 'In Gadda Da Vida' but perhaps that is for the best."

"Uh, right. Let's see if I can make something of all this before I go. I still have a rather bad feeling about Naria. The slew of voters against me are going to look suspicious no matter what I say, of course, but since I haven't had time to study what they've said, I can't lend much help in that regard. Volo please explain yourself tomorrow, if only to satisfy my post-humous curiosity, what's all this about me agreeing with Kath? I recall commenting that I appreciated the effort of putting together a summary, but... I'm not sure how that turned into an alliance of some sort. We both found Naria suspicious but you'll note that I never said my suspicions were based on Kath's summary. I said I was going to think back on what Menel said, and I did, which lead to my suspicion of Naria."

"As my time is running short, I can only add that Valier worries me, too. Make her explain her vague bad feelings about me, that's my advice. Nogrod and Boro seem to be rather in control of the village, and I find Nogrod's insistence that people who talk sense should be trusted and let live to be foolhardy and suspicious. He assures you the werewolves will be caught if they are vocal, and so they should be let live until they make some big mistake... don't trust that, even if he is an innocent. It ain't true, I've seen vocal wolves conquer before."

Diamond downed another mug of ale and said, "What the Udun...." She shook her hair out and jumped up on the table, launching into the aforementioned anakronistic song, which probably more than anything sealed her death.

edited for gross typos due to haste....

Last edited by Diamond18; 09-09-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #214
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Day 2 had been an eventful Day, full of discussion, accusations and (in two cases) deceit. After the shocking death (and disappearence) of JennyHallu, the villagers had quite a bit to discuss.

Finally, at the end of the Day, Wilwa gathered the villagers together once more to vote. But she decided to do it differently this time. "Instead of going into a booth, you will all say you're votes out loud."

The villagers took it in turn to say their votes. The one person who did not vote was Naria. In fact, she had been gone for most of the Day. The words that were written on the sheet that was left behind by Glirdan rang in their ears.

If you do not vote or post for two days you will meet an untimely death!!

Finally, all the votes were gathered together.

"And this is how the votes work out," Wilwa had said as she had been keeping track of them in her mind.

"Naria - 2
Diamond - 5
Lommy - 1
Valier - 1
Macalaure - 1
Kath - 1

This means that Diamond has been chosen to be the one lynched," she said solemnly.

The other villagers rounded on Diamond. "Let's tie her up quickly, before she can turn into a Werewolf!" Sleepy cried. They quickly gathered up rope and tied her up.

"Okay, now what do we do?" Valier asked.

"Hmmm, well....We could...uh...ummm..." Nogrod started.

"Let's just hang her," Kath suggested venomously. So they dragger her off to the gallows, which really wasn't a gallows but was in fact the sign hanging off of Volo's Inn. They removed the sign and tied the rope to the post sticking out of the building. They stood Diamond on a box.

"Any last words Wolf!?" Lommy said vindictively.

"Yes. I wish you luck in finding these dirty great brutes that have convinced you that I am one of them," and she held her head up high. Macalaure advanced and kicked the box out from under her. Diamond fell and with a sickening snap, her neck broke. The villagers watched patiently, but nothing happened. Diamond was, in fact, innocent.

The villagers walked away slowly. Boromir stayed behind to remove the body while muttering "I am glad that she wasn't a Wolf becaue poor Volo would have a Wolf hanging in front if she was," and walked to the edge of the village to burry the body of another innocent.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2

Alive

Valesse
Gil
Valier
Naria
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Wolves start PMing. I need a name from them as well as the Seer and Ranger. Please PM them to both myself and Wilwa.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-10-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #215
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Valier had sat up late last Night reading, hoping to try and calm her nerves from the Day before. But it did nothing to ease her. She had mistakenly read the same line over and over again, to preoccupied to notice.

When she had finally dosed off, it was then that she heard a noise outside her house. It was the noise she had been dreading. She rose from her bed and went into her study where she kept a dagger in her desk drawer. She turned to go back into her room and screamed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The villagers rose the next morning feeling quite depressed as they had killed one of their own the Day before. The took a quick head count and noticed that there was once again one less villager. They looked around at each other and figured out that it was Valier.

They slowly walked over to her house, dreading what they would find there. But when they arrived, there was nothing out of the ordinary. Her door was locked shut and all the windows were intact.

"Okay, I'm sick of this," Sleepy said angrily and he took the hilt of his sword and smashed a window. He climbed through, went to the front door and unlocked it to let the others in.

Once everyone was inside, they began to search the house. It didn't take them long to find where she was. They walked into her study and noticed a bloody mess right in the middle of the carpet, but there was no body, just the blood.

They looked around the study and found the dagger that she had kept in her desk. It was covered in blood.

Macalaure had been looking around the bookshelves when he let out a bloodcurdilng yell. There, right in front of him was Valier's head with deep gashes across them and her mouth open that plainly said she had been yelling in fright.

They looked along all the shelves and found the rest of her body pieces. All the villagers, with the exception of Boromir, ran out of the house in horror.

"Well, this is going to be fun," Boromir said sarcastically before going to work.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3

Alive

Valesse
Gil
Naria
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Okay, I'll let you all start posting now. Wolves stop PMing. Good luck.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-10-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #216
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod staggered to the square. His head was more than humming this morning. He was out of reach of any reason or shared feeling. He was inside his private world of fairies and pancakes. But he remembered a thing or two of the last Day

"So Valier? She might have given us the hunch man! Brothers... hear this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I believe I will keep my eyes upon, Diamond, Kath and Mac. They seem to me to be acting strange....Kath grasping at straws, Diamond acting odd and eating bread and water, and that there Macalaure....his reactions to others has raised my suspicions....
So she was wrong with Di - as many of us were...

But as I said yesterday, we should look at Kath more closely toDay. Also it's funny that Maca has not been suspected by anyone... Something wrong here? Surely I admit of trusting him this far, but just to note it here. As I tend to trust Boro as well, even toDay if nothing comes to make myself see the things differently...

Funny. Or somewhat horrifying. The wolves might be afraid of the ranger, naturally, but they have not killed any of the ones they kind of should be afraid of as openly arguing persons. Are they so secure of themselves or are they just the persons we would think them to kill - or to let live because this kind of questioning would come about anyhow and then we would make the kill ourselves?

And also, what is the reason behind their kills? Have Valier or Jenny said something too alarming or were they just easy and clean kills? Or have Boro or Maca (or myself) claimed one or two of them too openly so that they have not dared to kill the one?

And how long will we carry these one-liner guys along? Not that they are the most suspect, but even one of them as a wolf would be a disaster and the death of us all...

Needs to see, needs to see..." Nogrod said and headed to the bar in where he passed off after a shot.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #217
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Even the hardened warrior couldn't keep her stomach from turning at the sight of Valier's demise. She immediately ran out of the house and could no longer hold back the vomit that had risen in her throat. Naria wiped her mouth and turned to the others..."I have formed an opinion on all of you, some are more definite in my mind...some are not so definite." She cleared her throat and began...

Naria started off with the people that she didn't have a clear picture of. "Valesse, I cannot pin down as of yet....you seemed to have a pretty sturdy position on me and then turn around and apologized yesterDay, I am not sure what to make of this. Naria went on, "Gil...well what can I say, Gil is Gil and I never know what to make of his 'one-liner' posts, but probably innocent. "The last one is Kath...I am not really getting any 'bad' vibes off of her, but that is exactly what worries me...she keeps her position pretty much neutral throughout and it has bitten ordo's on the behinds before. I will continue to be wary of her.

Naria turned and talked to the ones that she had more questions for and more troublesome feelings of. "Nogrod, I realize that you are trying to stay 'in character', but I am not sure what you are doing. My lorebooks tell me that you are a person that takes the bull by the horns per se, but you are not...you are interested in keeping the talkers around but other than that there isn't much in the way of leadership from you. Infact, you are quite the opposite. She went on to the next person, Boro, all I can say to you is....what are you talking about?! You seem to want to make a point, but by the end of your posts it just comes across as a reiteration of your last posts. Even in the post that one is reading there is reiterating yourself over and over...you just reword the paragraph to make it look different. If you have a point, I implore you toDay to make it clearer. Sleepy, you seem to be hiding something and your thoughts aren't exactly clear to me. At least your voting has stayed consistent, alas though that is another reason for me to not know what to make of you. Next on the list was Lommy. Naria continued, "I know that you are an Elf and feel the need to be trusting, but I can't help wonder why. Naria once again referred to her lorebooks, "You are not so trusting in other villages that I have read, especially on Day two when no one should be trusting of anyone. You my pointy eared friend are being uncomfortably trusting and therefore I will keep my eye on you. Mac was the next one to be scrutinized, "First off...I find you to be one of my top suspects mainly for your banterings where you seem to know a little too much on how werewolved woud/should act f.ex. "having fun" when they kill. I mean sure they might(and most likely do),but who in Arda would come right out and say that...that post sounds like you are bragging and trying to see if you can get away with it. Naria paused to think for a moment and went on, "Volo, you seem to have an uncanny ability to know how each player should be acting even though this would be your first stay with a village of this sort. You also seem to know what to say at the right time...almost like you are being guided. Maybe you aren't, but it just seems strange that you know so much about certain villagers and how they would act.

Naria had come to the end of her list and decided to leave the villagers with their thoughts. She really needed something to drink after that, so she meandered over to the inn and asked Wilwa for a nice tall cold pint of ale.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #218
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

'Well, yesterday didn't go as well as the day before, but I'm rather confident our fortunes will change to day. Why?' Boromir questioned, looking at everyone. 'It is a great fortune to have our Seer and our Ranger still alive, we shall definitely be rewarded because of their skill in keeping hidden.'

Boromir turned his attention to Valesse, 'My dear Valesse, be prepared, for the searcher of death will come down on thee today.'

Then he addressed Volo, 'Based on your replies yesterday, you've won me over. If you're a wolf, you deserve the win for completely fooling me and pulling one over. But, you've pretty much have won me over and convinced me of your innocence, because of the manner of your posts yesterday. I hope you can offer some more thought and insight.'

EDIT:

Cross-posted with Naria.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #219
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro, all I can say to you is....what are you talking about?!
'I really have no idea what you are trying to point out.' Boromir stood confused. 'Of course I repeat myself, as I can show you where probably everyone repeats themselves, and as people repeat what I say, and I repeat what other's say and so on. Of course I repeat myself (there I repeated myself again), I really don't see a point. Most of the time I repeat myself to explain what I meant to those who ask me, and to make sure people understand clearly what I'm saying. For example, with the Kath summary thing-a-majig, people were wondering why I found so suspicious of it, so I went back and explained more, which means...yep I would have to repeat myself. I really don't see what you're trying to point out (oh there I repeated myself again)."
Old 09-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #220
Gil-Galad

wow... there goes my suspicons... do you know that the werewolves have either saved me or condemned me, because if i wanted to vote valier i wouldn't have killed her as a werewolf... very paradoxing eh?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #221
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria was not at all impressed byBoro's sarcasm. "What do you mean...what do I mean? I will not, like you, repeat myself...I think I made myself clear enough. Your reaction, however does solidify many unanswered queries I had."

She turned to Gil next, "Ahh not true you cwazy chef....that may be just what a furry fiend might want to convey to the rest of us. Why would one vote for someone and that very night kill her off....hmmm why indeed."

Naria was getting tired and was soon to head to her quarters for a nap. She would sit for awhile longer and wait for more villagers to appear.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 AM   #222
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

As Thinlómien entered Wilwa's inn, her attention focused immediately at Naria. "Woah", she said, "where's all this sudden discussing come from? Our haradian warrior here's almost as bad as the grey echoers tend to be." This seemed to both amuse and delight the elf. She smiled at the battle-hardened warrior, but that did not remove or replace the jokingly set question from her eyes.

Thinlómien started her day again with apple juice and this time she took rye bread too. "Our talkative member of the Nariatic family here speaks the truth. She said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
She turned to Gil next, "Ahh not true you cwazy chef....that may be just what a furry fiend might want to convey to the rest of us. Why would one vote for someone and that very night kill her off....hmmm why indeed."
A strange comment from master Gil indeed. I'm starting to be more suspicious of him."

"I agree with the weed-dealer Noggie too... I mean, we must take a better look at Jenny's actions and we must see what Valier said. The words of the nightly victims may turn out even more important than the dwords from the daily discussions."

"Naria, you accuse me of trusting too much. However, there's no evil without good, so there are no real suspects if there are not some one trusts to some degree too. I have emphasised in my mind - and tried to convey to you my fellow villagers too - that I don't really and wholeheartedly trust Boro, Noggie and Mac, but am inclined to trust them - or leave them be - for a while because of the Menel case." Thinlómien took a sip from her glass of juice. "However, you pointing that out got me thinking about it. This far I've remembered and thought that they all played a very essential part in lynching Menel. Now, I would like to see that through again and try to spot are they all really importantly contributing to the dúnadan-wolf's lynch."

"Alongside with that analysis, you may except a Kath-analysis from me, as I promised yesterday."
Old 09-11-2006, 05:08 AM   #223
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Macalaure stood outside the inn deep in thought while smoking a pipe of Eastmansweed and listening to what was being said. He heard Nogrod say "Also it's funny that Maca has not been suspected by anyone..." and wondered how he could have accumulated three votes if that was the case. Finally he got up and went inside, because he had some words for the others.

He recalled yesterday's words of Sleepy Ranger
"Indeed your vote for me was my main reason for suspecting you. I didn't expect a solid theory for it, maybe just a reason. You have to see, all I really know for sure is that I am innocent. So if somebody suspects me with no or few reason, this puts me on alert. I don't think I'm over-reacting and I surely don't want to intimidate you. My clan has a (short) history of being very defensive, just ask the dwarven tribe of Kuru. Then you said you dislike my tone. Hmmm, I apologise if it has been too rude or offensive - it's just the way we people from the East are like.
By the way, your status on my list went down from 'highly suspicious' to 'could be anything'."

Having said this, Macalaure turned back to the urgent matters.

"It saddens my heart that Valier has left us. Especially since I was going to declare her very suspicious today. Oh, well...

Nogrod said about Menel: "he must have felt him (that is me) a big threat as he left myself and Boro without any counter-comments".
Menel maybe just thought that it wouldn't be wise to counter the three of us at once, and thought that I would be easier to counter than you and Boro.

Talking of Nogrod, he starts to slightly worry me:

- He hasn't answered to the last words of Diamond.
- He said about Valier: "So she was wrong with Di - as many of us were..." That's it?
- He said: "Or have Boro or Maca (or myself) claimed one or two of them too openly so that they have not dared to kill the one?" I wondered about this, too. But you miss the possibility that Boro or Mac or yourself are, despite all their talking, waay off the track. Then why bother killing them? Let the three sway the vote and lynch the innocents they think guilty.
Or maybe you or Boro - the Lord Melkor have mercy on us if both - are a wolf, and therefore very satisfied with the current mutual trust.

As I said, he only slightly worries me. Let's see what he answers.

My chief suspects at the moment are Naria and Valesse (yep, I'm about to change my opinion on the latter). I will take a closer look at the two as the day progresses."
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #224
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Sleepy Ranger took in a deep breath. Much had happened, much he did not like but he would live on. It was the way of things. "Well Macalaure, I shall come clean. I have suspected you mainly because of your tone in the start after that I took a bit of a stronger stance in the matter. Once earlier too, something similar had occured. The other party picked up on a small matter as this and came rather strongly. Those were ill times though. Maybe it isn't the same in this case so I'll let it rest for now."

He next turned his attention to Nogrod. "So you say my family history tells you that I'm lazy and uninterested. Well, I believe you're a bit mistaken. If you look deeper in you'll notice I begin to get more and more active as things further on. I tend to prefer a slow start. Speaking of which, you're going of an isolated incident. Do not trust history, but do not forget it either." He turned his attention away from Nogrod, did he suspect him? Maybe a bit... truth be said there were only three people currently that did not look all that right to him.

Ah well, maybe he would have a chance to elaborate later. For now there was something else he had to do.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 AM   #225
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

'I'm glad you caught the sarcasm, Naria.' Boromir chuckled. 'It's hard to catch that stuff. Go ahead and do whatever you like with your queries, but I have seen more factual evidence, if you want to call it such.'

'I can assure you Mac, I will even bet on my own life that both Nogrod and I are not wolves. It's just not scientifically possible, there's two wolves left, I'm not one, therefor both of us can't be wolves.'

Edit:

Cross-posted with Sleepy
Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 AM   #226
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

After a bit of thought the Ranger suddenly spoke up. "I'd just like to say that I'm not too trustful of the the people who have placed themselves as a reason that the wolves killed who they did. Namely, Gil-Galad and Nogrod." He paused and took a pipe out of his pouch, lighting it calmly. "As per Gil-Galad the death of Valier has placed him in a very paradoxical position. To me this just seems to be an attempt to confuse people and mayhap overlook a detail or two that could make the difference."

Puffing his pipe a bit he continued. "As for Nogrod. He has questioned the wolves motives and brought up the names of Boromir88, Macalaure and Nogrod." A bit of pause and a puff more. "Now in my opinion any of those four could be a wolf. I reckon a closer look into these four is required." He paused for a bit as he thought about the four. "Out of those four I personally don't believe Boromir88 to be all that suspicious though something about him just screams wolf. I seem to be deaf to it though. Regardless, I'm very highly suspicious of Gil-Galad and Nogrod. In fact I think I have found a possible link between them. As for Macalaure, I could see him as either."

The Ranger then retreated to a secluded corner. He wished to spend some time smoking and thinking things over. Things would end for better or the worse but he hoped they would end soon and he hoped he would be there to see it end.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #227
Gil-Galad

Gil sighed

"obviously i have been put here to confuse myself and everybody else, so best be eating our carrots and either listen to me or not, i am merely trying to state that look around the box, my original suspicons were for Valier, and they grew when Menel, our first werewolf, used her dying vote on her, as an attempt to save her from being voted off the next night and release the suspiscion, and now sleepy, you think that me and Nogrod are in ties together? well that is clearly wrong. and i shall prove so by voting for Nogrod, it may either help me or lead to my downfall."

++Nogrod
Old 09-11-2006, 07:28 AM   #228
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Macalaure looked up in disbelief when hearing Gil-Galad speak.

"Disregarding whether Nogrod is guilty or not, you cast your vote with the sole purpose of disproving the improbable case of you and Nogrod being wolves? That is not what the votes are for! They're for lynching wolves!
And Sleepy only called you both suspicious (and me and Boro), where did he say you're in tie?"
Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #229
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"This is how went the lynch of Menelwolf...

Boromir was the first one to accuse him, but jokingly. Though there was still a concern of Menel's playing style. (121) A fellow wolf might do this, but I think that'd be unprobable.

Nogrod was the second to accuse Menel. His accusations were more severe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
. . . "Trying to avoid leaving any tracks, contradiction and flip-flopping. Bad signs man." . . .
Declaring your suspicion random you clear your trail, if you say you can have a semi-educated guess and still use the dice you contradict yourself and if you then declare the earlier things just a whim or trad and proclaim to use reason instead, you flip-flop... You see?"
(139) I would find it strange if a fellow wolf launched this reasoned attaked on Menel when he was already (though a bit jokingly) accused by Boro.

Mac was the last to join the "campaign". He held suspicious Menel saying "Thinlómien's my prime suspect, but if she turns out innocent, I'll have a look at Naria". (140) Odd, if a fellow wolf would thus even more increase the pressure on Menel at this phase.

Boromir asked Menel to explain himself and continuec suspecting him, though he suspected Di too. (149) Comment same as above.

Mac was however the fist one to vote Menel, the first one to move from words to deds. (155) Now would a fellow wolf vote Menel seeing how much suspicion towards him was in the air? Doesn't sound probable. We shouldn't however discount the possibility of a Macawolf, who counted on there being a bigger movement against another villager. Or maybe Macawolf realised he had really accused only Menel and saw voting him as the only believable thing for him to do. Based on this I wouldn't think the existence of a Macawolf as a probable thing, but certainly as a possibility.

A bit later Nogrod named Menel his prime suspect. (158)

Boro was the second to vote Menel. (163) He made Menel not just a lynch candidate. A serious business for a fellow wolf. Based on this and his early and consistent attack on Menel, I don't believe Boro is a wolf, unless the wolves agred to sacrifice one of their own, which would be unprobable.

Noggie was the third and the last to vote Menel when there were only three votes left. One a known innocent (Jenny), Menel, Valesse and Naria. (165) As far as I recall, Naria, Valesse and Jenny hadn't suspected Menel. So maybe a Noggiewolf believed there would be enough votes for someone else in that bunch; Menel was killed by one vote difference, after all. Risky, this vote of wolf-Noggie's, sure, but certainly fruiful this far. Or maybe then either Naria or Valesse is a wolf and Noggie's too, and he expected the third wolf and Menel to save Menel. I don't know. However, recalling all these events I don't think he is a wolf, yet I don't deny the possibility.

So: Maca might maybe be a wolf. Nogrod probably isn't. I'm very surprised if Boro is one."

Thinlómien emptied her cup and sighed. "I must go to the horses soon, and probably don't have time for the Kath-analysis. Which is a pity. I'm probably going to vote one of my yesterday's suspects, that is Kath, Valesse or even a weird case, Sleepy."

EDIT: cross er.... spoke with Mac
Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod heard himself mentioned several times through his sleep and slowly became conscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Let's see what he answers
- He hasn't answered to the last words of Diamond.
Sorry brother but what might you mean by that? That she disagreed with my view of letting the vocal people stay rather than the quiet ones - if there is no better case against anyone in particular? She has a right to disagree and I have a right to my opinion. I don't see anything to answer here as such. Or do you mean her point that vocal wolves have conquered sometime? Yes I know. That is a possibility even here, surely. I just don't see what there is to particularly "answer" in that. Quiet wolves have also conquered...

Quote:
- He said about Valier: "So she was wrong with Di - as many of us were..." That's it?
Well, I said that Valier had suspected Kath, you and Di. Of these we know she was wrong with Di, but about you and Kath we don't know. You must know her family's reputation... So that might suggest we take a look at those of whom she suspected and of whom we don't know. That's it.

Quote:
- He said: "Or have Boro or Maca (or myself) claimed one or two of them too openly so that they have not dared to kill the one?" I wondered about this, too. But you miss the possibility that Boro or Mac or yourself are, despite all their talking, waay off the track. Then why bother killing them? Let the three sway the vote and lynch the innocents they think guilty.
That's perfectly sensible idea. I think we both miss many possibilities here. They might also just wish to sit back and relax waiting for the people here to start suspecting our longevity. Or they might have been forced to let us live this long because they have been afraid of the ranger possibly covering some of us? Or they might have whatever grand and diabolical plan up in their sleeves...

Quote:
Or maybe you or Boro - the Lord Melkor have mercy on us if both - are a wolf, and therefore very satisfied with the current mutual trust.
Quite so. A wolf should feel good with the trust. Trustin you and Boro somewhat, I'm knowledgeable of that danger. But I have not said I trust you two blindly. In WW you just can't afford that anyhow. On the other hand, one can't actually suspect everyone equally either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
now sleepy, you think that me and Nogrod are in ties together? well that is clearly wrong. and i shall prove so by voting for Nogrod
Nogrod turned around to meet the dwarf. "You have an interesting way of proving things, master dwarf. I'm just curious: how do you think that proves your point? You really have been acting strangely toDay Gil."

Then he made his way to the desk and ordered a pint.

EDIT: X-posted with Maca & Lommy
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 AM   #231
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Oh, excuse and forgive me, Valesse did suspect Menel a bit." (146)

EDIT:xed with Noggie
Old 09-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #232
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"I can hear the horses neighing! Something horrible must have happened. I must go now!" Thinlómien cried out, bolting up.

"Oh, almost forgot.

++Kath

I did not have time for analysis, but I quickly skimmed rthrough what she had said. For reasoning, see my previous comments about her, I still think the same way. Oh, and I noticed a certain edginess in her responses that worries me."

Thinlómien ran to the door. "Bye, friends and non-friends!" she shouted before disappering.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 AM   #233
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
This day wasn't as great for Volo. He did wake up in he's house, but really tired and depressed. He didn't even have time eat something, when there were shouts outside. Everybody were commanded out and there Volo stood outside. Diamond was killed, and yes, he was the killer. Volo had killed an innocent! His yesterday's triumph turned into misery. He was already heading back home, when everybody rushed to Valier's house. There were shouts that rained on Volo's head like hammers. The window to Valier's house was broken and Volo also followed inside. To see something so horrible that he fell on the ground and for some time just sat there. When he regained some of his strength, he crawled to his inn and took something stronger than beer. By midday he was totally drunk and digging himself a grave. Volo muttered about how he was guilty and that now they'd kill him.

In the evening Volo was getting back to sence, but as anybody who heared him knew, not to sence enough. "This isn't a dream anymore, those werewolves better leave, or kill me!" He tossed the spade towards Diamond's house and walked into Wilwa's inn.

After listening to what was said, and after some asking about earlier talk, Volo said

"Gil, does this make sence? If Valier hadn't died, Nogrod would have been far more suspicious. As he voted last, and by that killed Menel, he didn't act really logically, assuming he's a werewolf. If Valier hadn't been killed by those beasts, there could have been a Menel-Nogrod-Valier trio. As Menel was already nearly dead, the agreement could have been made, that the wolves vote against themselves, meaning Menel would vote Valier to make her innocent and Nogrod would vote Menel, meaning that the one who was going to be killed would die but the other two would get out clean. As this isn't the case, this theory doesn't work.

Now, Gil, I'm not against you, yet. And now, after Diamond proving to be innocent, I suspect our three big guys, that is Nogrod, Mac and Boro more. Boromir, maybe, the least, I hope not for his trusting words. Mac most, he did seem strange especially on the first day.

Lommy on the other hand, is stranger, but I wouldn't accuse her now.

In league could be Valesse and Kath, who have both voted against each other, but in situations not so dangerous, they both have seemed suspicious for a longer time by some of us.

Naria is somewhat a mystery to me, she didn't vote yesterday, but today has said many things.

Hmm... This Sleepy-guy here, of him I won't say much yet, exept that he has been accusing only the big three, Nogrod, Mac and Boro... Oh, and Gil."

Volo seemed to run out of words and quietly sat down.

"I might not vote today, I shall see if that is possible..."

cross-posted with Mac, Nogrod and Lommy
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #234
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I need to get some fresh air but will be back later. I try to elaborate on the following then more.

I trust Boro, Maca and Lommy to be innocent, at least for now.

I have my suspicions of Kath and Valesse.

I'm totally baffled by Gil.

I'm not sure what to think of Sleepy, Naria or Volo."

With that he emptied the pint and went out.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #235
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

'Of course, Volo,' Boromir said, 'the death of Diamond was an unfortunate event, but our fortunes will change today, for we still have our two greatest assets.'

'I will save later today my thoughts on everyone, but for now, like I said Valesse, be prepared...I hope you are.'

'I think everyone knows why I grew suspicious of Valesse (and at the risk of being accused of 'repeating myself' I will just provide a handy link to the post. In answer to that Valesse responded in post 208:
Quote:
"Yes, a poor move on my part... but if you recall Menel was already in a fair amount of trouble at that time, so I impore that you consider this: If it were that both Menel and I were wolves... do you consider me as thoughtless as to openly 'cue' his excuse later? Hommm!" the ent groaned in disappointment. "That would be foolishness and not the cunning of a wolf."
Sounds like you're trying to force me to think it was foolish and not cunning. I don't think it as foolish, it's often a ploy wolves use, that sometimes goes unnoticed (unless you are suggesting that my so many great grand sire was a foolish wolf?) Which, I don't think so as it was a tactic that had him survive to the very end and destroy the entire village, so it isn't really a foolish tactic at all. And your insistance that it would be foolish makes you look even more guilty in mine own eyes, lady Valesse. Yes, Menel had grown in suspiciouns bat at this time I don't think his lynching was necessary a known, so it could be a safe move for another fellow wolf to make.'

'And a little note on Sleepy. Volo said this...
Quote:
Hmm... This Sleepy-guy here, of him I won't say much yet, exept that he has been accusing only the big three, Nogrod, Mac and Boro... Oh, and Gil.
My own take is that I wouldn't make too much wolfishness out of this. It is only natural for a villager to step out and question where the 'loud mouths' are leading this village, especially after they have just lynched an innocent. Hopefully that will change. But I admire Master Sleepy for coming out and questioning the loudmouths, I expect that to happen, if he be an innocent villager concerned where we're going in all this. But that's just my input.'

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-11-2006 at 08:20 AM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #236
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Nogrod, I meant that it was funny that the soon-to-be-lynched innocent Diamond addressed you in her last words and you didn't say anything about it. As you said, vocal wolves have conquered, silent wolves have conquered. Still you think that the silent ones are more worth looking at. A convenient point for you, if you are a wolf, which I still think is unlikely. And the "So she was wrong with Di - as many of us were..." sounded suspiciously like the classic wolvish "Oh no, I voted an innocent, but alas, so did many".

Besides, I have looked again over Valesse's words. I can see Boro's points now. She does not say much, and what she says is all not that convincing and often hidden in other matters."
Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #237
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Valesse had been waiting for Boromir's case against her, though was ultimately suprised at how short it actually was. Nonetheless the entwife, after fritting away a few apple cider barrels from the inn and decorating her branches, delivered her response.

"Forcing you to believe that it was a foolish move, you say? Let us have a look at this then..." moving away from the inn, Valesse leaned against another building. She might as well get comfortable, here. "My experiances with werewolves is very limited and none of my ancestors have been one of their kind. To purposely play such a lycanthrope trick would be rather ambitious of me, then, I'd say. Brrhhmm! Now if your next arguement is that 'my fellow wolves instructed me' the first night, then I must mention that there is no way to prove such a thing. Just as there is no way to disprove it, other than arguing the unpredicatablity of positions on the first day."

The fir inspected one of her fallen orniments carefully. "I must also state something that rather bothers me about your arguement: It is quite blanketing. Even though it does make sense, Daleman, tragically it would also make sense with any manner of creature in my position... flawed but fair or foul. The innocent and the guilty would both look like wolves caught in a deadly net.

Taking a long breath the entwife paused "Dear Boromir, this is not an attack on you, but more a description of my thoughts. As dedicated as you are against me I feel that you honestly have enough of your own proof to do so. I can understand how my replies might not reach certain standards of yours but please do consider that Westron is not my first language and that you are considerably more versed in these situations than I am. Hrrrmm!"

"Now to another part of your arguement:"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
I don't think his lynching was necessary a known
"Yes, true, it was mid day, but he was really the only villager with a -real- case against him, and on the first day, amid the random votes and hunches, surely you can come to figure that it would be a detrimental. That is what I meant by 'fair amount of trouble'."

Valesse blinked and leaned toward the window "Hidden is rather a dark term... my speech is, perhaps, confusing Macalaure... but that is why I am an ent. As for not saying much, I speak more often than others, but that is still no reason to proclaim myself innocent. If you mean that I do not speak much about my reasons that is because I would consider it a form of persuation. As I see it my duty is to find a werewolf here, and so I listen to other's theories before acting on my own observations or in the case of the first day hmmm (in character) hunches. Only when I see something that I feel is truely incriminating will I debate it with other villagers. My first experiance with a werewolf went in such a way."

"Oh... but I do try to explain my votes. Yes, that is standard practice, though." The fir nodded "I will be back soon, I must visit the little entling's room."
Old 09-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #238
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria found herself to be quite busy after she had awoken from her nap. Mac was her main suspect and while listening to the arguments...he still was, maybe even more so. "I have to take my leave now fellow villagers and have to make my vote."

++Macalaure
Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #239
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

"I must depart now but before I do I shall vote." He paused as he looked at everyone present. "I shall vote

++ Gil-Galad

Since he has seemed to be a bit edgy lately and out of my four top suspects I believe he is the one I shall go with. Boromir88 seems innocent to me, Macalaur I am unsure of and Nogrod, though suspicious I would rather keep him alive for now." And with that the ranger was on his way.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod came back in as the night was drawing closer. He went straight to the desk and had a beer.

"I've been thinkin 'bout these..." He said slowly. "Man this is hard." He staggered to the chair he had sat on earlier and then came forwards.

"Firstly, I have gone through Kath's words. There are things that make me weary there. But I'm not sure if they are enough. My initial impression of her suspiciousness was greater than my look on her now.

What troubles me?

Seeing wolvery everywhere. In a sense it's good as we need to note even small hints here. But suspecting half the village in the same breath is actually not very helpful. Indeed it's just what wolves would like to do: look helpful without actually being helpful.

"The careful choreography" -stuff still bothers me too. That kind of accusations are easy to throw around and they look good. I just haven't seen any explanation of that one. Surely, if Kath is a wolf (and Lommy & Boro also innocents) it would be perfectly reasonable to cast that kind of doubt over us three. A ranger may deny the nightly kill, so voting is a better way to get rid of the loudmouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath #184, addressing Naria
"Oh, and it's nice to see you taking a more active role. While I don't hold with the theory that quiet means evil, I seem to recall you voting rather suddenly and randomly yesterday, so more input would be lovely."
Firstly this has an air of absurdity in it if you recall Kath's own actions on Day1. (Surely, no one can be blamed of having other things to do than discuss here our fate: that is not my point here) But what makes this a bit shady, is that it seems like a point made to generate suspicion. Adding Kath's earlier summary that did just the same and much more powerfully, it kind of looks like she is trying every possibility, with reasons or without to see whether a ball would start to roll - or bandwagon to move. That is wolvish. For them it's basically the same who of the innocents gets kicked out so anything would go - surely they might have preferences too, but still.

So there seems to be a lot of actions that look wolvish to me. But her last response yesterDay for instance was reasonable enough and felt somewhat right.

I don't know... I have to go through some other candidates still."