The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #121
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Boromir followed in closely behind Meneltarmacil catching what he had said...

"I wonder sir, exactly how come you by this information?" he questioned Menel. "I haven't ever seen you in this village before last night, yet it seems like you have a good grasp of who we all are. Seems rather strange that you should know so much information on somebody. Who are you? And is your handy profile of the villagers for some evil purposes, perhaps?"
Old 09-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #122
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
"Mmmmpancakes! Although that sounds awfully good right about now sir Gil, methinks we should try and find who or what did such carnage to this here Glirdy character." Naria then turned her attention to the other two that were talking and figured that she would just sit back for a moment to wait and see what transpired between them.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #123
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

"Boromir88," Meneltarmacil responded, "I was simply referring to the list that the late Glirdan provided all of us with. As you mentioned, we don't know much about the others in this village, and my choice was simply a random one. It will take time before enough is known about the inhabitants of the village to make informed decisions. As for you, I find you somewhat suspicious as well, you self proclamed 'searcher of death and plague.' You've certainly found some death here; perhaps you've been causing it yourself."

Menel turned to look at Gil-Galad.

"You're certainly somewhat odd, exhorting us all to go feast on pancakes when there's an investigation to be done. A wolf? Possbily, but possibly not. Being a crazy chef, though, who knows what you've been cooking lately. Seeing that Glirdan was killed just before you started serving that special sausage recipe of yours today, I'm liable to suspect something."
Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #124
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
"well lass, like my momma always said, chew your water before you swallow...or something...thats not it... oh yeah! its Don't solve a bloody murder case of the supernatural on an empty stomache!"
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #125
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
"Oh! ok then...I will have two bloody pancakes then. Oh...erm, umm...you meant the murder case as bloody. Oy vey, well in that case I will still have two pancakes.

"Speaking of emtpy stomachs, I wonder where the rest of the group is....this kind of behaviour makes me real worried...hmmm," Naria said while she scratched her head as she paced the room.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #126
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Whoa is me!! This is just terrible!!" Valier paced back and forth, back and forth. "This reminds me of the time when we use to wear onions on our belts.....Back in 13diggidy-do..... How awful, poor Glirdan!" Valier plopped herself down into a large overstuffed chair and looked towards the bar. "I believe this calls for a drink! We must put our heads together, to find the culprits and a little liquor will take the edge off." Valier raised herself from her sitting position and meandered to the bar, plunked down some coins and waited for more conversation to start so she could assess everyone and try to reveal their true natures.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 AM   #127
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thinlómien sat in the bar, though she'd have preferred being with the horses. They were less complicated and did not murder people. And she hadn't heard of horses turning to wolves by night yet... Though, who knows what Morgoth Bauglir designs...

She took a long sip from her pint and sighed. "What is this, the poor Glirdan mutilated and killed by the werewolves that seemingly are three amongst us, poor innkeeper Wilwa torn with grief of her friend's death and on the top of it, a stable without a stablemaster and with only one stablehand." She shook her head. "This isn't promising."

The young elf truned her gaze from the pint to her fellow villagers in the room. Her blue gaze fixed on Naria the haradrim warrior and Gil the dwarf. "Pancakes, you say? May I ask how do you think we will get rid of the werewolves by eating pancakes?" She tried to look stern, but aknowledging she wasn't any more help for the village in solving the problem than the two, she failed.

She cast a quick glance on the ranger, Meneltarmacil. She did not yet know was he a friend or foe, nor was he trying to make the discussion more sensible with accusing Gil and Naria for their pancake obsession that had nothing to do with werewolves or being as nonensical with his random suspects.

She took another sip. "Let's think. Drink. And discuss."
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #128
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Alas for poor Glirdan!" Macalaure said in silent mourning as he came into the bar "Taken too early he was, and by a werewolf, three maybe! Who could have known that werewolves are capable of such gruesome deed? They're a quite companionable folk where I come from. But these here deserve no mercy! They shall be hunted down and taste the heads of our spears! Where now the wain and the rider? Indeed, where? What evil act of elvish enchantment brought me here without my wain? How am I supposed to hunt these creatures down on the open plain, now? Alas for poor Glirdan, we shall never know. But what do I hear you say, these wolves are among us? Maybe sharing our well-deserved pancakes right now as we speak?"
Realising this, Macalaure spoke no more. He took a few pancakes into his bare hands and withdrew into a dark corner of the bar, watchfully observing those who claim to be here on the same purpose as he, piercing their minds with his dark eyes.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:57 AM   #129
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wilwa handed a pint to Valier and gave her her money back.

"I used to give Glirdan free stuff all the time, so I wil do that today also, in his memory." she said with a small smile.

She looked around sadly as the villagers conversed, hoping that everything would work out for them in the end.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
What evil act of elvish enchantment brought me here without my wain?
Thinlómien cast a suspicious look on Macalaure the Wainrider. "So you're blaming my noble people for all this? Racists, are we?" There was only a slight hint of smile in her eyes, but that was enough to tell that she was not really serious.

The elf stablehand stood up, lifted her hand gesturing people to be quiet and started a speech:

"Discuss, I said and discuss we - or I at least - will indeed. I encourage every soul in the village to speak up their thoughts. Now, that we are gathered here, torn from our homes and ages to this strange place, it is easy for everyone - including the lycantrophes - to hide their true character behind the cover we see. We all have prejudices and expectations about each other because of what we look like and where do we come from. As I said, this situation makes it really easy to hide the true personality and thoughts behind this image.

No innocent person suffers in this expectional case of revealing his or her personal thoughts, unlike the werewolves. Thus, I encourage every single innocent person - and why not the guilty ones too - to concentrate on ideas, tactics and cases, not on who they are and where do they come from and do they eat pancakes or not." She made a little pause. "I know it might be difficult on this first day - I have heard tales from travellers that pass through Doriath and leave their horses in the stables - but I beg you, my fellow victims to try. That is the only successful way to get rid of the lycantrophes, I say."

Without waiting for an applause for her speech she sat down and took a long sip from her pint. She tried to bring back to her mind all that had been said on the day, and pondered who would she blame of lycantrophy. She knew she wanted to have her word to affect things and she knew the horses would need her soon.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 AM   #131
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Well, well", Thinlómien said. "It seems I must be the one to actually start demanding someone's death." She looked around carefully.

"I personally dislike mere chatting on a serious occasion. This brings two spamcake-eaters to my mind. " She glanced at Gil and Naria.

"Though, another of them speaks only of pancakes, but the more slithery one - if I may use that word - tries to blame those who haven't yet spoken, though there's long 'til sunset. That makes me wary. We all have other duties, even now when our lives are at stake. That is why I say that

++Naria

must die."

The elf maiden rose up and wrapped her cloak around her. She looked at the haradrim woman. She did not smile because she knew that even the warmest smile couldn't undo the severe accusation she had just spoken aloud. "Bad reasoning, I know, but that's the best I'm capable of at this phase of the day. Sadly, I didn't hear most of the people to say even one word. That is a real shame."

"Good day to you, my fellow villagers. Hopefully we nail one of those beasts today. Unfortunately, rest of it must happen without me. I'm off to tend the horses, they need me. "
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #132
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Jenny Hallu sauntered into the room, swaying hips in black leggings speaking to a confidence she did not feel. More out of habit than anything else, she swiftly palmed the coins Valier had left forgotten on the bar, then took a plate of pancakes and sat down at a table, earnestly listening to the muted tones of this motley group discussing the werewolves.

"Don't worry, all," she said, with a false but well-acted bravura, "I'm sure we'll find these bad'uns." Between bites of pancakes she introduced herself. "I'm a--a-- *cough* --a merchant." She met Meneltarmacil's gaze with confusion, as she had no recollection that Glirdan's careful narration and orchestration of recent events had involved any sort of roster being given to the characters populating this strange and accurséd village.

"Meanwhile, while I caught only the tail end of it, that horsey elf's speech rings true in several important particulars. First, while they are delicious, compliments and comments on the pancakes alone shall not find our foes. And second, I have known several people near to the aforementioned Naria's description, and while they are not black-hearted (or canine-hearted, for that matter) any more often than any other woman, they seem unequivocally suspicious. With no other evidence to go on than what has been said here, and the sheer brutality of the crime, I must admit I share that suspicion, but I thankfully I have no pressing duties to keep me from remaining here, and refining or even redirecting my thoughts."

She looked around, accepting a drink from the bar, as she completed her statement. "Oh, and one last thing...that stenographer is an incredible idea, Wilwa, was that yours or Glirdan's? I think I'll go review what's been said."
Old 09-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #133
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

"Menel, I often find it a cheap trick to use one's occupation against them. Everyone needs a job to keep them busy, may I ask what is your job?Those effected by the curse are often the most noble and seem trustworthy, but by night are vicious killers. We're not here to execute thieves or death searchers, but werewolves pal." said Boromir.

Then Boromir quickly turns his attention to Mac. "Woah, buddy, that seems a bit overboard to me, don't you think? Calm, cool, collected reasoning will get us through these montrosities. But just running around blindly like a madman calling for the death of wolves...you're going to turn this town into the Salem Werewolf Trials, and we all know how that turned out. If you make my job too hard I'm going to have to raise my rates, and no one likes that."

After that, Boromir began thinking of pancakes. I've never been too fond of a dwarf chef...seems kind of awkward. But, I guess this is no usual dwarf, he seems kind of crazy to me..."Hey Gil," he shouted "toss me one of 'em pancakes."
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 AM   #134
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A short figure clad in a plain brown homespun dress and hooded cloak walked slowly into the room. From under the hood two eyes swept the room, a glint of suspicion glinting suspiciously.

The eyes lighted upon Gil, and the nose under the eyes (and consequently, under the hood) sniffed disdainfully.

“Gluttonous,” said a high-pitched, female voice.

A hand reached up and swept back the hood, and finally the figure became somewhat less disembodied.

A young, stern, and unnaturally thin Hobbit face stared out at the other inhabitants of the bar. She had her brunette curls pulled tightly back in a severe little bun on the top of her head.

“Boozer,” she said, fixing her disdainful gaze on Lommy.

Then she met Jenny's bold glance and surmised, "Greedy."

Thus making a rather monosyllabic entrance, Diamond Took from Long Cleeve sat herself in a corner and continued to gaze balefully around the room, thinking this group looked like a very wanton bunch, indeed.

“I suspect you all,” she declared, shocking her audience with a complete sentence. She then requested a cup of water and a piece of dry toast from Wilwa, before munching in contemplative silence.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 AM   #135
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"You mean Salem, East Khand, Boromir?" asked Macalaure, breaking his silence, "Well, there were no werewolves left in the end, were there? But surely you are right. We should overcome our desperate situation with as few side casualties as possible. I have to admit that, despite being an Elf, Lommy is speaking some sense. Silence is of no avail, as is chattiness. But the day is yet young."
Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 AM   #136
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

"Diamond, if you would please be so kind as to provide a reason for these accusation of yours," Menel remarked, "I would be grateful. In this sort of a situation, throwing out random accusations at first is generally the norm, but perhaps I should start concentrating on who could really be a werewolf."

"Thinlómien, for one, is behaving somewhat strangely. After Naria mentioned that there hadn't been much discussion yet, which was probably only intended to get people talking, Thinlómien jumped on her statement as evidence that Naria could be a wolf. Her vote so early in the day looks pretty suspicious to me, though she may not have the time to come back later in the day. She is my prime suspect at this point, though if she turns out to be innocent, I'll be looking more closely at Naria."
Old 09-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #137
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Hrmm... Drinks are no mixture for pancakes!! and your insistance to get together bothers me for soem reason...

++Valier

OOC:sorry, i most vote early because i might not get anotehr chance today.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #138
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Jenny responded cheekily to Diamond's ascetic appearance by slathering her pancakes in strawberries and whipped cream before eating them with obvious enjoyment. "'Greedy'? 'Boozer'? 'Gluttonous'?," she said, raising an eyebrow. "Interesting assessments, I'm sure, but wouldn't 'fangéd', 'furry', and 'blood-thirsty' be a bit more to the point?"
Old 09-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #139
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Man, this is a nasty trip! First just Zap'n'outta here, then all this gore. I need to get stoned... Nogrod went to his house after the news about Glirdy were broken and smoked a fair pipeful of his strongest, falling into the abyss of oblivion. It was only in the afternoon that he slowly came back to somewhere that faintly reminded the here and now. He walked with a springy step to the bar and felt relieved to see others around. The lonely trip had been a scary one this time.

"I and I saw the boogeyman! Voodoo child, I say. Anyone's gotta hang of this? Whassup?" Nogrod faced only questioning faces of different kinds of vegetables and staggered across the room, wondering where all the people had gone. Whew! This is a trip man!

He almost stumbled to the desk and addressed Wilwa: "Brief me in sister Pea... and gimme a pint. I need to sober up and fast."

After Wilwa had refused the pay and filled him in about the discussion so far Nogrod fell into his thoughts and visions. Hiding behind pancakes? I once hid the serial flowermonster behind a raisin... Gah, get to your right mind man! C'mon!

Then he suddenly reached a moment of soberness, the ale making its work. Half-aloud he mumbled: "Jah! Those talkin a lot always slip at some point... those can be handled. But beware of those not saying anything or just going for the nonsense." He almost fell back to his semi-conscious state as his eyes vaguely formed a picture of the ranger Meneltarmacil to his retina. Which brings me about the first case...

"Menel, dude! You 'ear me? I and I know the circles down south, you know, tricks 'n' treats... Rough bussiness, rough bussiness. Three things learned to not like. Experience, me says." He emptied the pint with one single draught and immediately called Wilwa for another before continuing. "Trying to avoid leaving any tracks, contradiction and flip-flopping. Bad signs man." He tried to stare the Ranger into the eye but did not manage to raise his head as it felt too heavy right now.

After receiving his new pint he took a moderate sip and managed to clear his head again. "Whattaymean... Declaring your suspicion random you clear your trail, if you say you can have a semi-educated guess and still use the dice you contradict yourself and if you then declare the earlier things just a whim or trad and proclaim to use reason instead, you flip-flop... You see?"

Nogrod had clearly forgotten most of the things said at late and started to recover them from the farthest recesses of his baffled brain. With the help of his pint.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #140
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure lifts himself off his chair in his dark corner and walks to the center of the room. Calmly but sternly looking into everybody's eyes, one by the other. As the last, the Ranger of the North meets his glance.

"I have to say that Meneltarmacil rubs me the wrong way of late. He threw out a 'random' accusation in the beginning, and later even called this the norm! I should be pleased to see him defend my ally from Harad, and accusing the Elf. However, I trust no Dunedain more than any Elf. Lommy could be a wolf, for sure, but Menel's arguments I do not find to be convincing. She voted Naria because there was no one better. Sure Naria wanted to get people into talking, but without doing so herself.
You say "if she turns out to be innocent"? Are you already plotting what to do after her death, even before she collected even one vote? Then you will go after Naria, you say, and expect us to accept this as logic, because it then will used to be the suspicion of a proven innocent. To me, this looks like a wolf laying the tracks to be able to excuse his involvement in the future lynching of no less than two innocents. I do not say Lommy and Naria are innocent, but Menel's words strike me as very suspicious."

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-07-2006 at 08:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #141
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

"Cheers to the man from Harad." Boromir shouts. "Worthy deductions I say to you. The whole I'm suspicious of Thinlo, but if she's innocent I think Naria looks suspicious, just seems all too awkward. It's like our fellow Ranger is trying to absolve himself of all blame if two innocents are lynched. And I agree this doesn't mean that Thinlo or Naria are indeed innocent, but right now Menel is looking to me to be the most wolvish...I find this behaviour of pointing vague suspiciouns towards villagers and playing the 'If their innocent, I'm not to blame' card, to be the most suspicious right now."

"Oh and get another pint for my pal Nogrod here. Would you kind Wilwa? He seems to work at his best when he's got a pint in his hand...and we will surely need everyone at their best tonight, eh?"

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-07-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: bolding the names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #142
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
1420!

"Hick... Now this is crazy! I just wake up in this... Hick... village and get this wonderful inn for my use from some chap who... Hick... gets killed by werewolves next night! Now this... Hick..., I mean this, is improvement!" Volo already drank too much beer and now it began to feel. "Well what can a man do if he has an innfull of free beer? Hick... Though this inn could include more than one person. That, that, that... Hick... um yeah, Wilwa! She is the root of all that's bad! All the cus... Hick... customers are in her inn, no mine. All this werewolf stuff is fine otherwise... Hick..., so long as I'm not one of their victims... At least it should bring customers. Hick..." Volo fell on the floor...

When he woke up, it was late, but still it seemed thet nobody had visited his inn. His mind was rather clear, something he had always bragged on. If no customers want to come here themselves, I have to collect them here. After a mug of beer Volo walked out of his inn not even bothering to lock it and walked into Wilwa's inn.

"Hey, you! All! Hey you!" Volo shouted in a hoarse voice. Everybody stared at him. "Yea, that's fine." He whispered to himself. After a slight pause, he shouted "Soo, people, let's hang Wilwa!" Volo smiled at his idea proudly. "Free beer for everyone who agrees!"
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #143
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Ditto!" Nogrod raised his almost empty pint to Macalaure's words and poured the rest of the pint into his mouth. A loud burb was heard as he laid the pint to the desk. "'cuse me brothers".

Then he saw Wilwa carrying him another one. Looking sideways he saw Boromir raising his pint to him. "Cheers, dude!" he called and got into his new pint.

Now where was I? Oh yes. He concentrated for a second to regain his balance, both mental and physical.

"Sorry everyone, about the sister-Lommy! Few things... hold on a second brothers and sisters, hold on." He adjusted himself more securely to the bench and took a liberal draught from his new pint, now third already.

"Down south, with Dealer-gangs: suspicion, lying, double-bluffs, triple-bluffs... You name it man. As we say down there: glory wordies, gory deeds. Why to use them noble rhetorics? To make us forget the earlier words said? Showin 'n' polishin a facade to hide the backyard? And whatissit there? Blaming without blaming, blaming others of what one does oneself... I and I don't like the scent of this. Too much monkey bussiness."

Nogrod let the pint down to the desk and sighed: "Though homey this is, in a way...". He was still shocked by the surpringly flashing and baffling removal from home. And the ale started to make him even more sentimental than he normally was.

EDIT: X-posted with Volo
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #144
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"Interesting situation..." muttered Sleepy Ranger as he pondered over the happenings. Definitely not something that happened everyday but the exiled man had seen a lot in his time spent alone. His exile was self-imposed but such things hardly mattered at the moment. What mattered was staying alive, something he had come to be very good at over the years.

"Know all, trust none, play safe, take a risk when theres nothing to lose, get out alive." would pretty much sum up would the exiled ranger's game plan was. Of course since it was really too early to know anything it would be best to leave this time up to luck and take into account any advancements that took place.

"Well then..." he began, adressing nobody in particular. "I feel the need to spend some time with myself in thought about the matter. I regret that somebody will have to see the end today but such are things. Regardless, I'll see what the best course of action for my well being would be. Which, if you follow me, also does include the well being of you folk since the odds of one of us surviving by themselves is rather... uh... negative."
Old 09-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #145
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Diamond seemed to consider the question Menel put to her for a long while, appearing to be deep in thought. But this turned out false, as a tell tale snore escaped her. She jerked awake, blinked rapidly, and then scowled to hide her embarressment. Perhaps, she reflected, operating on 4 hours of sleep for two days straight is taking ascectism a mite too far. Though 'sleep is for the weak and the sluggards' makes such a nice motto.

"What kind of explanation would you have me give?" she finally answered. "Does not the proof of their vices lay heavily upon them?" She paused, frowning, remembering that being overly loquacious was a vice as well, and said tightly, "Lommy is drunk, Gil is obsessed with pancakes, and Jenny is a thief."

She turned to Jenny and was about to make a reply to her, but was interrupted by Nogrod's grand entrance.

It was with nothing short of horror that she observed the weed-dealer as he went about his... whatever it was he was doing. Her eyes began to bug out of her head, which may or may not have also something to do with her severe little hairdo.

"You speak long of nothing," she accused. "And also use anakronistic slang, which is a vice of... some kind of bad group I wouldn't want to be a part of."

Diamond felt the delirium of lack of sleep and nutritious food about to overtake her, and as no one really seemed all that fangy at the moment, she went with her convictions and declared:

"I vote we kill

+ + Nogrod

for dealing in illegal drugs and exhibiting the most wilful self-indulgence here. And that is saying a lot given present company. "

After speaking thus, she promptly fainted.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #146
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
In frustration Valesse stared at the tiny...door. Yes, that is what they were called. The remains of a once beautiful tree, stripped of it's bark and handled thoughtlessly hour by hour. Come to think of it most of these buildings were made of the corpses of ruined trees. And here she was almost expected to appear inside this tiny structure!

"Hrrrrrmm", she groaned to herself, branches and boughs creaking with each direction she swayed. Slowly a thought occured to her and Valesse carefully leaned down toward the ground until she could just see inside a foggy window. With a woody finger she gently pushed a window open in order to hear the business going on from within.

"Who is this Wilwa? And how do they expect to -hang- her?" the Entwife thought. Clearly at least two of the clients inside were not at their best, and most others were eatting pancakes. On wooden tables! "Hmmm!" she exclaimed. Listening further there was speak of werewolves and a murder. "Most heinous a crime to take another life" the Fir nodded scornfully, eyeing still the overabundence of tree corpses decorating their commonroom, "and though it has been said before, you little people should not go about ignoring it for flat breads!"

"There has been much reason spoken here, but I do implore that it be spoken louder, as I can not bend in such a way to enter... As for you" She turned her large gaze toward Volo and Nogrod "Do not be so hasty that you can not speak, or speak thoughtfully. Hrrrm. Let us discuss what we have observed so far."

The Entwife bent further toward the ground, hoping for a better view. This was not at all comfortable, but nor was the situation. "Shifty, hasty ideas... hrrrm. These things are incriminating, and so is quick judgement. We seem very limited in our information at this point... some might feel that this is a useless hour, but as your tiny heads might come to it, it is not." She grumbled for a moment, having finally noticing the floor. Valesse took a deep breath and continued once more "You must ask yourself if your fellows are being bold or being wolfish, though I suppose wolves might sometimes be bold. Though I'm more inclined to believe that about bears. Ohhh! One used me as a scratching post once and it was awful!"

Shaking herself back into focus Valesse went on: "This Valier and Naria are suspect, and another this Menel perhaps, too? The first has spoken her woes away as far as I have heard, and that is all. This is not bold, nor does it seem wolfish... she is mourning." her branches creaked again, feeling strained Valesse stood and bent down in the other direction "And Naria has been eatting flatbreads. This too is not bold, nor is it mourning. Hrrrrm! This does not please me to find someone who would feel so little for the tragic end of a beautiful life."

"Menel, on the other branch, is some what bold, a little hasty... though not entirely brash. I do not believe that dice are a means to catching werewolves, but seeing as she has not cast a vote, it could have only been a sick joke in order to get others talking." Frowning even more, Valesse narrowed her giant eyes "And if this was the case, I should hope that your sense of humor improves."

Valesse blinked, another had been accused while she was delivering her thoughts. Shaking her large head the Entwife slowly fell silent.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #147
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kath arrived, though her height meant that many people didn't notice for a time. She was in a rush anyway, huffing and puffing as she came through the door.

"I'm sorry!" She squeaked out, scrambling onto a stool by the bar. "I'm late, I know, and I'm going right out again in a moment. I've been called to taste some food across the valley so this is the last chance I have to get in here. And that means I have to vote early! So:

++VALESSE

Because she was the last person to speak and so the only one I've heard. It's random, I'm sorry, I have to go!"

She slid back off the stool and pushed through people's legs until she got back to the door. With a quick wave, she left.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #148
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier sat quietly and observed the others around her. "All these ninny's, young people....geez" she thought to herself. As she reached for her mug, her eye caught a quick movement near her hand. "The nerve of some people!! Steal my money will you...!!"

Valier with her wisdom and age smiled coyly at the young lady who now sat smothering her pancakes with berries. " Valier raised herself up and walked till she stood directly behind the young woman. " Now see here you young wipper-snapper!! I do not take kindly to thieves!! Now give me back what is rightfully mine!! and you my dear sickly Hobbit, bread and water? Now really....You seem a little sleepy....I would assume werewolves do not care for pancakes and beer and maybe perhaps you were out all night....killing people!!!!" I for one find you two young'uns to be mighty odd....who steals from others right in front of their eyes? no matter how old they are...and who in their right mind eats bread and water when there is more sustaining food to be had? I say we lynch one of these two....who needs them around anyways? We need no thieves, or sickly people who stay out all night!! I say you there Jenny....give me back my money, you, you .....thief!!! And Diamond Took....I say eat something!! You are skinny enough!"

Valier stood her ground and tapped her foot incessantly on the floor, she held out her hand with a scowl on her old face and waited.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #149
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

"Diamond and Meneltarmacil seem the most suspicious to me right now. Because both have done the very thing that I find to be the most suspicious looking as far as the first Day is concerned. And that is accusing people based off their occupation. Perhaps I'm just fooled, but this has helped me find wolves in the past. Oh ya, I've had a past with wolves, as I think all of us here can talk a fair bit about. I find accusing those because of the occupation they have to be a very low trick, only low enough for a wolf to attempt. We're not here to lynch someone who has poor morals, or a whacky job, we're here to lynch Werewolves, how someone lives their life should not be considered a rock-solid factor or a basis for who's a wolf and who isn't." Boromir spoke loudly, yet clearly, so everyone could understand and witness what was going on. "Diamond, Menel, you will have to explain yourselves to me if one of you don't want a lynch vote from me."
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #150
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

"It makes no sense to rail at poor Valesse," said Jenny conversationally, making no move to return the funds she had allegedly taken. "She's unconscious."

She wondered vaguely at what kind of mental issues this Valier might have. She'd stolen a few coins hours ago, and no reaction had been made then. Nor had there been, in this fevered and nonsensical diatribe, any mention of any of the scattered conversation that had filled those hours in between. Only random accusations made on the basis of personal standards of beauty and a few coins she must have counted lost anyway. Fleetingly, Jenny also wondered what was the exact meaning of being a successful thief when one was always preternaturally caught.

"Frankly, I must say my greatest suspicions are of Menel and Valier, right now," she admitted. "And mentioning Valier is mostly because she's accused me with even less reason. So has Menel."
Old 09-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #151
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I vote for

++Diamond18

Because who drinks water and eats bread when there is pancakes and beer? And who I ask you would be tired after staying up all night? A werewolf. That's who.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #152
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

After thinking over what she had said, Jenny chose to make a brief revision. "I meant that Diamond is unconscious, not Valesse. Teehee."
Old 09-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #153
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

"I agree that my statement may have sounded a bit wolfish, and I would like to clarify something," said Meneltarmacil. "My thoughts were simply that Naria's comment earlier did not appear too suspicious, as more dialogue generally is good for finding wolves and silence does not give us much to go on, regardless of who is silent. Now, while it is true that Naria's comment came early in the Day, her suggestion that we speak more is a good one and carries no apparent malice. Thinlomien appears suspicious to me for her attack on Naria in this case. The problem is that I suggested looking at Naria if Lommy turned out to be innocent, something that I honestly should not have said. I do not think Naria is a threat."

The ranger turned to Nogrod, Macalaure, and Borormir88.

"You three seem to like accusing me of being a wolf as of late, and were fairly quick to post one after the other. Of the three of you, I think it's possible that at least one could be up to no good. Nogrod was the first, and as his suspicions were justifiable (and his mind wasn't exactly working quite right), I'm going to excuse him for now. Between Boromir and Macalaure, I find the latter more likely to be a wolf than the former."

"Macalaure, you appear somewhat suspicious by your own reasoning. You said,
Quote:
You say "if she turns out to be innocent"? Are you already plotting what to do after her death, even before she collected even one vote? Then you will go after Naria, you say, and expect us to accept this as logic, because it then will used to be the suspicion of a proven innocent. To me, this looks like a wolf laying the tracks to be able to excuse his involvement in the future lynching of no less than two innocents.
, which is somewhat believable, but if so, you incriminate yourself immediately afterward:
Quote:
I do not say Lommy and Naria are innocent, but Menel's words strike me as very suspicious.
One could say you are trying to cover your tracks with that last statement of yours. If my statement makes me a wolf, your statement does the same for you."
Old 09-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #154
Volo

Volo was getting really sad about this, everybody ignored him. "In my days back in Rohan, with my good old inn, when I said something, everyone would listen! And agree!" the small bulky man said rather to himself.

"What is this with accusing Nogrod of werewolvery? No man enjoing life like that can be a werewolf. In Rohan, when I was a young lad there was this older guy, hmm... Ahriw, yea Ahriw his name. Now this guy got really confused at times, but it was the stuff, the stuff he had. Best man I ever knew! I got my Red Bunny through him, now that was something! But then this, this Ahriw, got himself killed. What's the big deal, if someone wants weed, no reason to cut him. He was a bright guy, Ahriw, at times. Not always, but hey, stupidity isn't a problem!"

Volo went to sit beside Nogrod and continued his talk. "And now, what's this? This rushing hobbit-like creature... Kath? Why whould you want to chop a tree down? How can a tree be a werewolf? Like that's... that's... well, you know. This Kath! She just pretends to be innocent. And I bet it's not from the food she eats! Just running through the inn and shouting her hate for a tree. Now that is without reason! Unless, Kath is a werewolf!"

Volo got up and tried to get ale from Wilwa, who refused to give him any, because of his accusations at the door. After shouting something not really understandable, he sat back near Nogrod. "Hey, Noggy, let's go to my inn. You can have as much of booze as you want, for free!" Volo felt happy about a person like this around. Why to take life so seriously? Thinking like this Nogrod is the key to all. Volo was really interested in this weed Nogrod had, something he never got his hands on however hard he tried. He whispered "You may have your stuff in peace there too. I might want to buy some too if this business with werewolves goes too far... I bet we won't live long old pal, we should enjoy our last days as much as we can. And if we do survive through this, I don't think I'll be allowed to sit in my inn any longer. This is just a good dream. Enjoy!"
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #155
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"I like the two new suspects that have just been brought up." Macalaure said in pondering, "Both Diamond and Valier have not contributed very much to the actual discussion. Both already voted for non-existant reasons. Yet it makes me much more suspicious of Di. I can't imagine both are wolves, because a wolf-on-wolf vote at this point of time would be dangerous. And why would a wolf make a vote for no reason just after Boro told everybody that this is what he will be looking for? As a wolf, I wouldn't."

He breathed deeply, satisfied with his 'profound' 'analysis'.

Then he added, with the tongue in his cheek: "Of course, as an innocent I wouldn't, too, but we're speaking of Valier here. Still, my lore-papyrus tells me to be ever wary of her."

After these words in a sudden the dark Easterling returned in him and with scorn he turned over to Meneltarmacil. "You deem me more suspicious than Boromir? Since when is agreeing to a statement less suspicious than working it out? And did you not see that Nogrod and I cross-er..-spoke? (Probably you didn't, since I didn't add it - my bad) And why do I incriminate myself with my own statements? I only said that I don't say Naria and Lommy are necessarily innocent, and with the best of my knowledge I cannot say any more than that. Your earlier statement was "Lommy suspects Naria for a bad reason. Let's kill Lommy. If she's innocent then let us kill Naria instead." Those are not the same. How exactly should I cover my track with the statement to not yet know? I think I can by now say

++Meneltarmacil

with all good conscience."

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-07-2006 at 01:14 PM. Reason: consciousness? Nah, conscience rather...
Old 09-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #156
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

As his wrath vanished, Macalaure found his own words to have been too harsh. He walked over to Menel and sat beside him, soothingly speaking to him.

"See, Menel, you're not a bad guy. But that thingy you do at night, killing Glirdan and stuff, that's just no good. You're a great pal otherwise. Come on, I'll buy you a pint before we lynch you."
Old 09-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #157
Volo

"Yea, it's

++Kath!

That rushing just sounds innocent... But really, it's the way of the beast!"
With that Volo stood up, said "High time to rest, I have to be in good health to run away from werewolves. And to drink beer! Anyone can come to my inn, the cellar is open. Just don't enter my room!" and left the inn.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #158
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Not surprisingly, Nogrod felt an urgent need to go to the toilet soon enough. After he had drained his pint he soon totally drained himself in the public conveniences.

Splashing fresh water to his face and drinking a lot of it, he was immersed in his thoughts. Pull yourself together man! No time to fly high now. Whatever this is... And he actually managed to pull himself together, at least somewhat. A small wonder perhaps, but still he managed it.

Jah! Now let me see, try to remember what's being said, whaddasit mean? he said inwardly to the mirror image of himself in the toilet. "Oh Yavanna, the goddess of all things growing, the weed especially and all its forms, give me strength to come to my right minds now." he said, now aloud, still watching his own face from the mirror. Then it got back to him, the thought from earlier on the day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Jah! Those talkin a lot always slip at some point... those can be handled. But beware of those not saying anything or just going for the nonsense.
After waiting for a second he wiped his face clean and went back to the bar.

"Brothers and sisters, and anyone wishing to buy some weed - I promise it will get you a light sleep tonigth in this hounted place we all are drawn! I want to declare my thoughts this far as I have gotten myself a bit more sober. Man this has been a day!" Nogrod waited for the tumult of the bar to die down before he continued.

"A bit dramatic silence now isn't it? Sorry, this was not so important... but as I have your ears now, so hear my view of the situation." He looked desperately for any untaken pint of ale available but unluckily didn't spot any. Well, you could try it once this way too...

"If nothing drastic happens, I will not be voting for Boromir or Macalaure today. They have dared to make points and discuss them. Maybe they are the baddies, but if they keep on making cases as openly as they have thus far, they will slip at one point or another. Let's not lynch them!" He made a pause.

"I won't be voting for Jenny or Valesse either, even though they have not contributed as much in actual "substance", whattaymean: open points of suspicion, they've talked wisely and carefully - possibly too carefully, I must add the reservation here. But anyhow, I hope we'll see it later. If innocent, they are a great help to us." Finally Nogrod had managed to get to the desk and order the next pint from Wilwa.

"But then comes the hard part... Sorry to steal the word here brothers and sisters, but I'd like to make my thoughts known. It's just so hard to gather the thoughts in any clear order, so excuse me of not laying the following in any basic order of suspicion of mine." He took a fair draught of the ale and concentrated again.

"Okay, dudes, here we go-o!" he said and draw his breath.

"Meneltarmacil here was, and possibly is, my prime suspect, although his last defence sounded at least honest enough. Well a good wolf should sound reliable anyhow.

Lommy I'm still a bit weary about. Alarming signals in the air, I say. But she has some input, unlike some others...

Naria kind of said nothing, as didn't Sleepy, Mr. ranger here. I don't know what to make of them... But surely I would more likely see one of them hanged more than any of the earlier. Theu still have contributed something to our discussion. Same goes to Valier, but my lorebook says that it's pretty useful to have her around on Day3 and so on, so I wouldn't like to vote her off just on basis of this.

But there are worse to come. Four of them.

Kath just popped in and gave a vote, what's wrong with the hobbit? She might have her bussinesses, but still quite hasty I say - and a perfect cover for a wolf...

Diamond, another hobbit acting strangely. Just keeping in the banter mode and throwing lynching ordeals around on the basis of accent and personal habits. Something a wolf would like to do, cleaning the personal record from lynching an innocent...

Gil-Galad, absolutely saying nothing but one-liners and trying to make a presence with three times opening his mouth! My lore-books say he makes only one one-liner on a Day normally. Maybe there is reason for him to try here...

Volo is not giving any contribution either, but for my bussinesses. Okay, he's young and inexperienced in the matters of the world, surely, but still..."

Saying it aside to Volo in whisper: "C'mon, you can buy weed from me here too. How much would you have and what kind? Wait a moment and we'll settle a fair trade here. We just have to settle this here where most of the others are. Maybe you can lure us to your place tomorrow - whichever of us lives by then."

EDIT: X-posted with a few... (bolding "Valier")

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-07-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #159
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

"Actually Menel, I had began suspecting you in post 133 at 8:48 this morning, and asked some questions, which you felt like you didn't need to reply to. Not answering the questions, doesn't make you look suspicious to me, but it was me who first began to question your intent, if I may say so Mr. ranger sir." Boromir replied.

Boromir then addressed the rest of the Village. "If my records are correct, we have a few hours left of voting and so far it stands like this:

Thinlomien for Naria (1)
Gil-Galad for Valier (1)
Diamond for Nogrod (1)
Kath for Valesse (1)
Valier for Diamond (1)
Mac for Meneltarmacil (1)
Volo for Kath (1)

With myself, Sleepy Ranger, JennyHallu, Naria, Nogrod, Meneltarmacil, and Valesse left to vote."
Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #160
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wilwa scurried about, giving water and dry toast to Diamond, telling all those who just arrived what they had missed, giving a pint to Nogrod. For such a sad day it was very busy.

When Volo tried to suggest hanging Wilwa, she refused to give him anything todrink and thought to herself, I know more then they do, and they know that. They can't lynch me.

She walked back behind the bar as the day started to come to an end.

(2 and a half hours left in the Day)
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote