The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #281
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I wonder who was protected and if both the protector and cat identified the seeker. There are about 5 or 6 in this village that concern me the others I feel are innocent and I won't look in too much depth due to time contraints.

Whatever the case well done protector, well done indeed.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #282
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! What's a girl got to do to die around here?

Well, yesterDay was a complete disaster as far as I'm concerned. So it's a good thing no one died at Night. I think.

If my behavior yesterDay didn't reveal to you all that I'm the Taker... um, yeah. Things did NOT work out as I had planned. I voted for Thinlomien to force her to vote for me, because I had a definite victim in mind to Take down with me. It almost worked, too. Instead we lost two innocents and I gave away my role.

Like I said. Disaster.

I started out the Day suspicious of Lommy but her behavior in reaction to her impending death pretty much convinced me she was innocent. I'm not sure whether or not I should say, now, who I intended to Take. I'm still alive and now I feel pretty useless. What good is a Taker if she doesn't die? Well, at the very least I'm not a Cat and that's pretty obvious, so you can rule me out as a suspect.

I was planning on being dead so I haven't prepared any sort of player analysis yet.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #283
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, that debunks the Nogrod Theory, which had already been debunked by the Moddess Goddess. What a complete waste of a day. Trudging on....

Diamond
, don't reveal who you want to take out. The Cat make come after you tonight, in hopes that you picked an innocent.

Anyways, I need to go through yesterday more closely. Since I was wrong on Wilwa, it's likely I was wrong on some other things too. Morm, I still don't trust you. You look fair but feel foul, if you take my meaning. Glirdan is looking very suspicious right now, since he pushed the NT so firmly, and really wanted to see Thin gone.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #284
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just realized that the birthday dreamer has dreamed, and we could be in a number of interesting scenarios now.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #285
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Glirdan is looking very suspicious right now, since he pushed the NT so firmly, and really wanted to see Thin gone.(Roa)
I completely realise this and it's more then likely that I'm going to die but first, I'd like to speak in my defense. Firstly, yes it's true I pushed for Thin's death as I found her oddly suspicious. There were many things that appeared odd in her posts and I haves stated them in my analysis post of her. I was also going off of Nogrod's list (which had been completely right until last night). However, that does not mean that I told everyone to vote for Thin. So you cannot look only at me, even though I do look the most suspicious.

Now I will say that if there's anything I can do to change your minds about me being innocent, I will try my best to do so as I believe I still have a lot to offer to this village. However, if you have your mind set on voting for me, please, be my guest. I will gladly be a sacrifice (as Thin [I'm sorry my friend]did yesterDay) in order to help the village find these rotten fiends.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #286
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Well, this is a bittersweet day. I'm sorry to see Lommy go needlessly, but on the other hand, am very pleased with our, um, Ranger-mcthingy.

Yesterday, I was pretty sure of Glirdan's guilt because of vote placement for Wilwa. I think that theory still stands. As for the Nogrod Theory, I'm not sure about.

There's a thunderstorm coming my way, so I gotta turn the comp. off, so sorry this is short.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #287
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Well isn't this interesting. In reviewing yesterDay's posts, I have noted that the final vote count was wrong.

Lommy and I were not tied.

Thinlomien (Form, Glirdan, Diamond, Kath) - 4
Diamond (Morm, Garin, Thinlomien) - 3
Glirdan (Eonwe) - 1
Eonwe (Farael) - 1
Telperaca (Alcarillo) -1

It seems that either Form or Glirdan's vote for Lommy was not counted.

Form's Vote (I could find no retraction)

Glirdan's Vote (Again, no retraction that I could see)

When I was trying to get myself lynched, I was going off of this vote count, given by Kath.

Well now I don't feel so bad about failing to retract my vote for Lommy. It wouldn't have mattered.

Judging from my earlier assements, and adding on yesterDay's activity, this is my list of likely innocents and suspicious people:

Likely innocent:

Eonwe - I stated my reasons for this earlier
Glirdan - Also stated earlier
Garin - Also stated earlier

Hard to say:

Roa - her voting record doesn't say much, she voted for Morm Day 1 and Garin Day 2, and was unable to vote yesterDay due to RL. Her posts are sensible, I tend to trust her, but she could be the perfect Cat in Hobbit clothing. Still, she feels innocent to me so I'm putting her in the gray area.

Suspicious:

Morm - I stated reasons for this earlier. Also, he went after me with a practically foaming mouth yesterDay. Though, honestly I can hardly blame him. All game long I've been concerned very little with looking suspicious, figuring if I got lynched, so much the better. I kind of have to wonder if yesterDay he was just trying to save Lommy. Still, earlier behavior rates suspicion.

Kath - Dealt the killing blow to Lommy, when I so obviously wanted to die. Afraid of who I was going to Take, perhaps?

Farael - Eonwe's seeming innocence makes Farael look guilty, especially because he voted for Eonwe yesterDay.

Alcarillo - such a quiet villager, and makes very safe votes. One who flies under the radar, ergo rates suspicious.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #288
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well having Diamond come out and proclaim herself eliminates her from my suspicion list. Kath and Glirdan are now toping it out. Kath pushed hard to get both people killed yesterday and I know what she'll say in her defense today so I'll save you time and say don't! It won't work. It is my guess that this last cat is playing fairly open. They must play risky otherwise they won't be able to win.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #289
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

Sorry, I forgot to put Formendabras Took on my list.

He rates suspicious. His final votes have not been for proven Werecats -- Day 1, Glirdan, Day 2, Alcarillo, Day 3, Thinlomien. His first two votes have been fairly safe because he was the only one who voted for his votee. YesterDay he contributed to the death of the innocent Thinlomien. Also, his talk about being a Villager and finding it very different from being a Werecreature could be just a smokescreen.

*checks Valier's list*

Okay that's everybody.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #290
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
It seems you have forgotten Form from that list Diamond. What do you think of him?

Here's what I think of everyone

Glirdan - Innocent
Daimond - Innocent
Eonwe - He's been attacking me for quite some time now and I highly doubt that I Cat would be so bold to contiune an attack like this. Probably innocent.
Farael - Same thing. He's been after Eonwe from the get go without any sign of relenting.
Form - He's been acting rather oddly yet I'm tending to lean towards him just trying out a new playing style. Probably innocent.
Roa, Alcarillo and Garin - All three have said enough yet not enough, if you get my meaning. They have posted yet not enough for me to get anything off of them. Definetly going to watch them.
morm - I can't get anything from him. He's helpful, but this could be used as an excuse if he is a Cat and there's something not sitting right with me for him. I don't know what it is though...
Kath - Probably the most suspicious person after me. After yesterDay, I'm also tending to lean towards her being guilty. The way she pushed for both Thin's and Telep's death (yes, I'm guilty for the Thin part) is rather unnerving.

I'm going to go take a look at yesterDay's posts and analyse Thin's posts from yesterDay and see if there's anything that I can dig up. I realise that this is rather useless, but I feel I need to find something to do to pass the time.

Edit - x-posted with Diamond
Old 04-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #291
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Roa, Alcarillo and Garin - All three have said enough yet not enough, if you get my meaning. They have posted yet not enough for me to get anything off of them. Definetly going to watch them.
Only got five minutes, but that's enough time to comment on this.

This is extremely odd in Garin's case... So odd, in fact, that I would almost say it's his version of trying to fly under the radar.

Most peculiar, to say the least...
Old 04-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #292
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I have a dramatic RL situation going on that has left me rather mute.

I thought Diamond was hiding something and obviously was. However, it wasn't feline.

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE LAST CAT IS. I was right about the first two and it is frustrating that I can't figure out the last one. I am preoccupied.

Sorry to be out of character, but it is the best I can do right now.

I think the last cat will be a female, just a hunch.

I didn't think the two Ts were cats. I figured Nogrod had picked at the very best two cats on the list. This was the case.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #293
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Just to clarify, I posted in the other thread at the start of the game that I'm quite ill right now, and wouldn't be posting as much as I normally do. I'm quiet today because I'm still trying to make sense of Day 3. Hope that clears that up.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #294
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Okay,
I'm going to make a vote now and just view from the sidelines and see how things develop.

Glirdan and Form seem a little catty right now and I'll give Roa the benefit of the doubt since I've weathered the same illness. I trust him but I still don't want to assume Mormegil is innocent.

++Kath

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #295
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, before he even posts, I want to say that Farael has been completely unhelpful to this village. If you want us to vote for Eonwe, then give us a reason to. Otherwise be useful. Discuss, suspect, acuse, question. For heaven's sake do something. If you are incapable of that then you're little more than a liability to the village, and you should be lynched. After all, you could just be a werecat trying to make everyone think you're just harmless.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #296
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I had thought that Farael's vote for Sleepy (and vice versa) was indicitive of his innocence, but now I'm not so sure. There are so many suspicious people right now.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #297
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Also, before he even posts, I want to say that Farael has been completely unhelpful to this village. If you want us to vote for Eonwe, then give us a reason to. Otherwise be useful. Discuss, suspect, acuse, question. For heaven's sake do something. If you are incapable of that then you're little more than a liability to the village, and you should be lynched. After all, you could just be a werecat trying to make everyone think you're just harmless.
You should read more and attack fewer easy targets, my friend.... you should be aware that I have been very busy with my foolishness (i.e: RL issues have kept me away from the 'downs long enough that I could not keep up with this game) I should be up to date by tomorrow hopefully, but you have to admit that Eonwe did look suspicious at the beginning... I still haven't read whatever exhonerates him, but I had my reasons, namely my theory that all cats were defenders of the "random vote"..... and hey, two of the cats so far WERE.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #298
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
++Formendacil

As Diamond, an innocent, says
Quote:
He rates suspicious. His final votes have not been for proven Werecats -- Day 1, Glirdan, Day 2, Alcarillo, Day 3, Thinlomien. His first two votes have been fairly safe because he was the only one who voted for his votee. YesterDay he contributed to the death of the innocent Thinlomien. Also, his talk about being a Villager and finding it very different from being a Werecreature could be just a smokescreen.
Everybody here is too suspicious. So what made me decide to vote for Formendacil? Partly retribution! For that vote against me!

Plus I'm heading off to bed now. Good night.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #299
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

It's getting to be bedtime for me as well. I'm going to have to agree with Alcarillo, who agreed with me, heh. (It's the circle of agreement.)

Basically, the very fact that I at first forgot Form in my assessment earlier worries me and speaks to how low under the radar he's been. He's here enough not to be suspiciously absent, but not one of the more outspoken ones. He's seems like exactly the kind of smart Cat who could linger till the end and have everyone smacking their foreheads.

+ + Formendabras Took

I'll be back tomorrow, popping in and out if I can, but will be working right up to the deadline so don't expect too much.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #300
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ouch! Two votes...

This may be my earliest death in this game ever! WOOT!

Ahem...

Getting a touch more serious, I'm wondering about Kath. Slipping under the radar doesn't tend to be something she's good at. The question, though, is whether or not she's actually innocent for once, or if she's finally learning... Either way, she's not been talked about as much as usual.

And then there's Alcarillo...

I'm still of the opinion that he's leaving too few traces to go by. We'd barely know he was playing, if it wasn't for the players' list. I'd really just as soon like to have him out of the way.

Clears the waters a little, you know...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:20 AM   #301
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Glirdan

His vote for Wilwa came at the very end when it seemed she wouldn't die so what better time to cast your vote for a fellow wolf? Eonwe saved the day and killer her off unexpectedly. Then of course later he tried to play up his vote for Wilwa and hers for him. A very contrived defense. His lack of a vote the first day cast further suspcion on him.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #302
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

++Glirdan

If we kill him, morm, and he's innocent, I'm coming after you next. But that is only becuase I'm being driven into paranoia by consecutive Werewolf games.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #303
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well I did a review, a hasty review, but a review of Kath and Glirdan and I'm unsure of what to make of Kath, she isn't sitting right but yet I have a lot of doubt about the conclusion that she is a werecat. However Glirdan looks a bit better, overall, and yet I feel a bit worse about him. Does that make sense?

Why is it so incredibly quiet?
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #304
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, I have a suggestion but I'm not sure whether it would be better implemented toDay or tomorrow.

What if the Seer were to reveal themselves? They obviously do not know who the final Cat is or they would have done so already, but presumably they have a list of innocents. As of this moment we have 9 unknowns as we know Diamond is the Taker. If the Seer revealed themselves we'd have 8 unknowns and hopefully even fewer depending on how many innocents they have dreamt of. The Protector would of course protect the Seer giving them another dream and the Taker could be voted for during the Day so she could take down one of the remaining unknowns.

The flaw in this plan is that the Seer may not have a list of innocents, or at least not enough of a list to make this worthwhile, as those they dreamt of may have been killed already. If that is the case then this idea should be ignored entirely. But, the Seer has had 3 dreams correct? If all three have been of innocents and those innocents are still alive that would take the number of unknowns down to 5. If Diamond took down one and the Seer dreamt of another toNight the number would be down to 3 tomorrow, leaving a good innocent majority still. Now as far as I recall the Protector is able to protect one person two Nights running, which means the Seer could get two dreams in at best before being killed, providing the remaining Cat doesn't figure out who the Protector is, making it two unknowns.

Now, it may be that the next person the Seer dreams of is the wolf in which case most of this plan is null and void.

So, Seer, do you feel this is a good idea? And that depends on how many still alive innocents you've dreamt of as well as personal opinion. If you don't DO NOT reveal yourself. You need to be kept safe.

Thing is that this idea might be better implemented tomorrow when the Seer has had more time to dream. But if we wait the Seer might be killed toNight as the Protector won't know who to protect and indeed the Protector might be killed and the Seer would be in more danger if they revealed themselves. Also, if the Seer can provide a list of known innocents we won't be in danger of lynching one toDay.

What think you?
Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #305
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

In the same vein, the Birthday Dreamer should not reveal his/her dream until the Seer does. If you come out and the Seer doesn't, there is nothing gained, as your slight advantage will quickly be killed off by the WereCat. So we need to maxamilze our dreams and known innocents by haveing everyone come out on the same que, namely when the Seer hopefully drops his/her load of innocents.

Not to mention, you might have the same dream as the Seer, and so put yourself in needless danger, whilst stealing a dream from teh Seer (cuz the Cat will kill you off and then the drempt of, hence stealing the dream from teh seer).

All for now...
Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #306
mormegil
Maundering Mage

White Tree

Kath,

I don't know what to make of your plan. On one side it makes some sense, but of course needs to be the final decision of the seeker. On the other side it might be a fairly wolfish attempt to flush out the seeker. Let me explain.

Apparantly the cat and the protector thought of the same person last night. Logic would dictate that they both thought the spotted the seeker. This may or may not be true as I haven't been able to identify him/her yet. However if this is the case the cat will want no doubt as to who the seeker is, and as you pointed out he/she obviously hasn't dreamt of the last cat or it would be over. You do understand how I can see this as an attempt to flush out the seeker.

Let's assume Kath=Cat last night she selected person X to kill, whom she believed the seeker, the protector also spotted person X and believes him/her to be the seeker. I reread the rules and it is true that the protector can protect the same person for two nights in a row. Now the seeker proclaims him/herself today adn the protector protects him/her tonight. However Kath would not go after the seeker tonight but rather she would try to find the protector. Next night the seeker would be dead.

Now I trust the seeker to do what is right and make the best decision based on the information he/she has available but if you do come forward I beg you to dream of Kath tonight as it will either confirm my suspicion or make her a known innocent. But, after a request like that I think she is either a cat or a villager with a good plan. I cannot be sure of either.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #307
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
morm your points are sensible though I, of course, refute the idea of my being a Cat.

And indeed, it has to be completely in the hands of the Seeker (sorry, was saying Seer before) which is why I explained what they would needed to have dreamt of to make this worth it and to stay quiet if they don't have enough useful information.

However, one of your points is odd:
Quote:
However Kath would not go after the seeker tonight but rather she would try to find the protector. Next night the seeker would be dead.
The Seeker would be dead the next Night IF the Cat managed to kill the Protector. Otherwise the Seeker would still have protection and be alive one more Night, giving us one more dream.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #308
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, what a quiet day... not another vote for me... I'm terribly disappointed, really. Where's the great big bandwaggon that was supposed to be transpiring to kill me?

Nice plan, Kath, but I see two flaws in it:

Flaw A.) I am not the Seer (or whatever it is that Valier has renamed it... I can't keep them straight), and so cannot reveal myself.

Flaw B.) The real Seer, whomever he or she may be, may have their own plans that you would be foolish to disrupt. In one of my distant past lives, I was a Seer myself, and I was most irked when a certain villager (one Mormegil, I believe) decided that it was in the best interests of the village to thrash around with ideas for the Seer to follow. The only good thing that came of it was that I had plenty of cover to hide behind. Hopefully, our Seer will have the same luck with all this hullaballoo.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #309
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
The Seeker would be dead the next Night IF the Cat managed to kill the Protector. Otherwise the Seeker would still have protection and be alive one more Night, giving us one more dream.
You missed my assumptions. My assumption is that the Cat and the Protector identified the Seeker and both selected him/her last night. Now obviously the protector would protect the seeker again tonight, unless they played a dangerous game of bluff with the cat. Therefore both their protections would be used up and the next night the seeker would be open for a kill.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #310
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
The real Seer, whomever he or she may be, may have their own plans that you would be foolish to disrupt.
Agreed Form, which is why I have left it entirely up to them.

EDIT: crossposted with morm and I understand now. That is a problem. I have to go now but I'll think about that.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #311
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

I think Kath's plan is a good one. As a Cat I'm not sure how much this plan would benefit her, since she definitely wouldn't be getting the Seeker toNight, even if she managed to get the Protector. However since I'm not the Seeker, obviously, it's out of my hands.

One thing though -- why the need to lynch me? If you know I'm the Taker, you know I'm innocent, ergo killing me depletes you of one innocent and if I'm wrong about who I Take, that's two innocents. It would be better to just lynch whoever I would have decided to Take if I were to be lynched.

Unfortunately, this may be the last chance I get to make any contribution toDay, as I probably won't be around for the deadline. Please do not lynch me for any strategic reason, even if you know who the Seeker is toDay, because I will probably not be able to notify Valier of who I want to Take. The person whose name she has now may be innocent, may even be the Seeker. I most likely won't be able to change my Taken till toNight.

I would suggest that if this plan is followed, you leave me be. If the Seeker is revealed, the Protector can protect him/her toNight. If the Cat is smart, he/she will go after the Protector, and forget about even trying for the Seeker because we'll all know who's being protected. If the Cat guesses wrongly about who the Protector is, so much the better for all of us.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #312
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

No I see your point Diamond, there would not be much point in lynching you other than to deplete the number of unknowns but that would also decrease the number of knowns.

morm I was thinking. Say the Protector and the Cat chose the same person and they happened to be the Seer. In that case, the Seer doesn't reveal themselves toDay and the Protector chooses Diamond to protect since they know she is not the Seer. Then the Seer can reveal themselves tomorrow and the Protector can protect them two Nights in a row.

The flaw there is that the Cat might get the Protector toNight in which case this entire idea is shot to pieces.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #313
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Kath the problem with this whole discussion is that

1. It's far too speculative and either the Seeker isn't coming forward or is one that hasn't been around today

2. Has taken us away from the primary focus of searching for cats and you did it just at a time when I began to question you.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #314
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

morm I simply wanted to know what people thought of the idea. I certainly wasn't trying to take attention away from finding the Cat because whatever the response to my idea we still have to try and lynch the Cat toDay. The plan was speculative and no it doesn't look like the Seeker is going to take it up, but it was worth putting the idea out there so that in future Days it can perhaps be taken up.

Also, you seem to be implying I thought it up to avoid suspicion from you. Ok, you want answers from me I'll give them, but you have to ask some. The only thing I feel I really needed to reply to was my pushing for the double death last Night because it was very out of character for me, but you specifically told me not to bother explaining that so I didn't. If you now want an explanation from me I'm happy to give it.

YesterDay Telp was going to die whatever the case. Her death would have told us nothing unless she was the final Cat. We had two people left on Nogrod's list that, though Valier had said was purely random, had already caught us two Cats. Whether random or not the track record was enough to make it worth finding out the identity of Lommy as well. Also, it is very likely that we would have spent toDay wondering about Lommy because she was on that list and I thought it would be better to rid ourselves of that confusion since we had the chance, so we could concentrate better toDay. Yes it was out of character as I normally despise double lynches, but on this rare occasion I thought it might actually benefit us a little.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #315
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
namely my theory that all cats were defenders of the "random vote"..... and hey, two of the cats so far WERE.
But there were more people defending the random vote than Eonwe and the two known werecats. I understand a busy schedule, I have one too. But you should still try to post something of value or else not post at all.

On the seeker plan - I've seen it work really well before, (I was the seer at the time), but right now, I think the seeker should only reveal themselves if they find a cat or if they are about to be lynched.

Quote:
I beg you to dream of Kath tonight as it will either confirm my suspicion or make her a known innocent.
If we're making requests, I'd like to know about Morm myself. He's been making me uneasy this whole game. I was working on an analysis toDay, but I'm on a friend's computer right now and can't access it.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #316
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, I have to vote before the deadline, and the way things stand it's

Kath- 1 votes,
Formendacil- 2 votes,
Glirdan- 2 votes.

Quite frankly, I really don't want to go to the block today- although the idea does have its merits.

The reason is that I am Innocent. In fact, I am a bona fide "Proven Innocent".

You see, I was the Birthday Dreamer last night...

If anyone else in this village dares make that claim, then by all means: lynch me- but lynch them as well.

In the meantime, Glirdan looks rather suspicious simply for that reason: here I have been playing weirdly, and he comes out and defends me... Inside information?

I'm not entirely convinced of that, but to save my own hide...

++ Glirdan
Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #317
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Form, if you're going to come out as the Birthday dreamer, at least tell us who who dreamed of so we know they too are innocent.

However, how do we know you didn't dream of the last cat last night and thus become another threat?

Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #318
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
The reason is that I am Innocent. In fact, I am a bona fide "Proven Innocent".

You see, I was the Birthday Dreamer last night...
Well between Form and Diamond I think my suspicion list has narrowed substantially.

Who did you dream of? That might add an innocent to the list.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #319
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Does the Birthday Dreamer work like the mythomaniac? So that whoever you dream of you get their role? If that's the case we know Form isn't a Cat because otherwise it would say so in the narration from this morning. Wouldn't it?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #320
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The rules

Quote:
The Birthday Dreamer:The fifth night will be one Ordinary villagers birthday. They will receive a pm from me during the Day letting them know it's their birthday. That night they will dream about a villager of their choice. If they choose a Gifted, they will become that gifted as well, for the rest of the game. If they choose a Werecat they will become one themselves and join the pack. If they choose an Ordo the game will continue as normal.
Yes it would be foolish for Formen to come out and say that he was the dreamer as a werecat or a gifted. He's most likely an innocent ordo, unless it's some bluff but I doubt that at this stage. We still have numbers on our side.