The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
WWJ Attack of the Werecats:The ppuuuurrfect village

The warm summer breeze blew threw the small Hobbit settlement, nestled in the rolling hills North of the Brandywine bridge. The moon was rising, casting shadows on the fair village. There on a hill overlooking the town sat three large carnivors.They sat it silence and stared.
"I think we have found it my friends!" said the largest of the three. "I agree, I agree." Said the one to left." This shall be the ppuuurrfect village for us!" Said the one with the torn ear, to the others. As they stood and looked down on the village that was to be theirs, they came up with a terrible plan. "We shall live amongst them, for awhile....until we earn their trust....then Whammo!"
"I agree, I agree!" said the one to the left as it jumped gleefully into the air.With a large feline grin, the largest of the three extended it's arm out towards the small dwellings.

"He dies, She dies, everybody dies!" said the largest, pointing to dwellings in turn,with a haunting laugh.

There they stood in awe of what was to be theirs, all theirs."Come now lets dance!" shouted the one with the torn ear. " I agree, I agree!" said the one to the left.

So they danced and waited........The night to stike would come soon enough.

Last edited by Valier; 03-26-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Hello and welcome to Attack of the Werecats. I am Valier your Mod for this game of twists and surprises!! Naria shall be my Co-moddess. Her word is as good as mine, if she posts at any time please pay attention to what she says. I also must insist that you read my developing story line carefully.....You never know what you will find

RULES

- There will be no double lynching, if there is a tie of votes for any reason, I will choose the first player to reach the highest vote.There will be Retractable votes. They will be dislayed like so:

++Valier

Bolded and on a separate line.

If you wish to retract your vote you must do so as follows:

--Valier

++Naria

Both bolded and on separate lines.
Please do not abbuse the retractable votes. Please limit your change of vote to no more than five times.

-If you die, your dead. Do not pm or write on this thread about anything pertaining to this game. You may at no time give proof of your role.ie: Pm's

-You may only edit your posts to correct bolding, or major spelling mistakes,Also cross-posting. You must post a reason!

-If you do not vote or post two days in a row, you are killed. Unless you have a really good reason and you beg me for leniency..

-If you can not get to a computer, please post this in the wwj thread so others are aware.

-All players must be in invisible mode during the duration of their life in the game. Myself and Naria will be visible, so players can always ask questions if needed.

-Days and nights will begin at 5:00pm CST. The first day *RL* Will be a DAY phase. Werecats can pm till Naria and myself's death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roles and rules for roles:

Innocents:The innocents roles are to cheat,lie, weasel, ally whatever they wish to weed out the Werecats in their midst.

Werecats: There will be three werecats. Their objective is to kill villagers at night, until the number of villagers equals the number of werecats.
Eacn night the werecats will select a villager to kill and pm the name to me. They may only pm each other during the night. I will reveal the name and role of the player choosen, each "morning".

Seeker: There is one seeker. Their role is to dream of villagers each night, helping the village weed out the Werecats.
Each night the Seeker pm's me with their choice of which villager, to dream about. They will recieve a true answer from their dream.

The Taker: There is one Taker, their job is to take a Werecat with them to the grave when they themselves meet their doom.
The Taker can at any time pm me with a name of a person they believe to be a Cat, they can change their pick at any time Day or Night. When the Taker dies, either by the Werecats or by being lynched by the villagers, they will take the last name pm'ed to me down with them. The role of the Taken villager will be revealed. The Taker may pm with the Protector during the Day ONLY.

The Protector: The Protector's role is to protect one villager at night from a Werecat attack.
Each night the Protector must pick one villager to protect from the Werecats, sending me their pick by pm. The Werecats can not kill that person during the night. If they try, the villager survives the night. The Protector can not protect themselves. They may only protect the same person twice in a row, no more. The Protector may pm with the Taker during the DAY only.

The Birthday Dreamer:The fifth night will be one Ordinary villagers birthday. They will receive a pm from me during the Day letting them know it's their birthday. That night they will dream about a villager of their choice. If they choose a Gifted, they will become that gifted as well, for the rest of the game. If they choose a Werecat they will become one themselves and join the pack. If they choose an Ordo the game will continue as normal.

Last but not least have fun!! I know I will!

Roles have been sent! Game will begin with a DAY phase, starting at 5:00 pm CST. Werecats may pm till my death.

Last edited by Valier; 03-27-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

1420!

"Oh lovely!! Right there! Oooohhh my aching feet! Thank you dear for coming over so late and tending to my old achy feet."
"Oh but that is what a Pediotrist does my Dear and you are o'so generous with your ale"

The two hobbit ladies sat talking joyously into the night. One massaged the feet of the other and they both drank the ale. As Naria rose to fetch more ale, a sound could be heard from outside the window.

"Valier dear did you hear that?"
"That noise just now? Yes I heard it."

Both women now standing,strained their ears to listen....
"Meow! Meow! Meow!" they suddenly hear from outside.

"I think it is a dear kitten, perhaps looking for a meal."
"Well Naria, shall we go and fetch it and fill its little belly?"
"We shall!" said the Pediotrist.

Linked arm and arm, so as not to wobble both women stepped out into the night.

"It sounds like it's coming from those hedges over there, Valier my dear."
"I concure Naria my friend."
"Here kitty, Kitty...........I don't see it! You go and fetch some of your good cream Valier and we shall lure it out."

As Valier leaned inside her icebox, she heard the distinct sounds of a kitten behind her. As she turned she saw a shadow of a cat projected onto the door by candle light.

"Awwww I see you little one. I have some nice fresh cream for you"....But as the shadow came closer, it grew bigger and bigger until it towered over the small woman.
Two screams simutaniously rang out into the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 1 DAWNS

As the villagers awoke and stepped out into the sunlight they knew something was wrong. Valier was always one of the first venders to set up shop in the morning to sell her tomatoes. She was nowhere to be found.

"I say we make our way to her dwelling, I bet the old bat just fell and can't get up", said Sleepy

"I hope she's ok!" whispered Kath

"Yes! I hope she is ok too!" said Wilwarin

"Ah I am sure she is as right as rain." Said Mormegil. "She probably just slept in."

As the whole village approached her house they saw something horrifying on the ground outside Valiers house.There lay Naria the Pediotrist, she was as flat as a pancake. She had been trampled to death....or maybe danced upon to death?
As they entered the open door of Valier's hole, they found her also on the ground. She was covered from head to toe, with long thin scratchs.
A girggle of blood escaped her lips as she tried to say something with her last breath....."It was the Cats!" She uttered before she passed.

"Cats? What does she mean? Asked Eonwe
"Look here villagers a note!" said Garin as he picked a piece of paper off the ground.
It read in childlike script. It said.

We three are better than thee!
We want your town.
It shall be ours.
Get out, get out while you can!
Or we three shall kill thee one by one.
This is the Puuurrrfect village!
We shall have it even if you don't please!

Signed: The Three

"What ever shall we do? AskedRoa.
"We shall find these fends and set them right!" Declared Alcarillo

So the hunt begins for the Three, who want it all.

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. Moderator
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.Co-Moderater

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Wilwarin538-Berry picker
Nogrod-Ale brewer
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

It is now DAY1. WereCats stop pming. Protector and Taker commence pming. And remember.....Have fun!!!!

Last edited by Valier; 03-27-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
OOC: What happened to 11pm!

Due to the late hour this will be my only post for the next 16 hours or so. Need to get some good drinking in. Thought I would stick my head in first though, in order that you get something coherent toDay!

Let action commence!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, no Valier is dead!!! Who shall I buy tomatoes to throw at Glirdan's inn when he's asleep? and Naria too!! Who shall massage my feet when they are tired and sore from escaping Glirdan after he awakes?

I am terribly saddened by this situation. Only thing I know is that Kath is a werewolf!!! What? wrong game!! ok, I'll shut up now

Be back later.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Valier dead?? Oh dear... Who shall I buy my tomatoes from to cook my meals at night? And Naria as well? Who will massage my feet after I ran after Farael ( )?

I've heard about things along these lines happening in other villages, but they had Wolves!! By the looks of things, we're dealing with something along the same lines. We must band together and find these creatures as soon as possibly can!

I must depart for the time being but I will return later on.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! I think this calls for a stiff drink

Ewwwww, what a way to go. Is someone going to scrape poor Naria up? And listen to the lot of you... wailing about who you're going buy your tomatoes from and who's going to massage your stinky feet. For shame! Poor Valier and Naria are dead and all you can think about is yourselves.

Oh well, seeing as it is my job to administer numbing drink, here's a round to make you feel better. Don't look to ME to massage your feet, though. And if you want tomatoes, just do what my cousin does and steal them from Farmer Ringgworm's crop. But you didn't hear that from me.

Now that those important problems have been addressed, what's all this about three cats taking over our village? Over my dead hobbit body! I'll be back to figure out who these sinister felines are. First I must get more ale.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Got five minutes before work in which time I shall say:

"Shocking! Terrible! Got to go..."
Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So, trying to get us drunk and incoherent so early, eh Miss Diamond? (miss, right?) I shall be keeping an eye on you for the rest of the game, perhaps you an Cath are the evil feline creatures, eh?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ha! Fool of a Took. What, exactly, is it that you do around here? Do you dance, perhaps?

And that's Miss Took, to you. *nods*
Old 03-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, considering this is the first day, and my name is Eonwe, I'm sure you all know what to expect, no?

I for one am taking these felines seriously. I'm leaving. Seriously, run for the hills.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Well, considering this is the first day, and my name is Eonwe, I'm sure you all know what to expect, no?

I for one am taking these felines seriously. I'm leaving. Seriously, run for the hills.
No, what should I expect?

Time to don my cap with two feathers and do my job, which means I must leave the inn earlier than I would like.

Interesting that Farael and Diamond are already at each others throats. Seems like typical werecats to me...always fighting amongst themselves. Don't know if it means anything but it's worth keeping in mind.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #13
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

This, morm, is my typical (and mostly copywrited) opening game shpeal/gambit, depending on my team status.

[shpeal]
You can be sure that nothing will be gleaned from anything anyone says today. TODAY, mind you. That doesn't mean that the events of tomarrow will not shed some light on today's circumstances. Voting is useless. Who are you going to vote for, and how? If my above statement is correct (rest assured, it is) than how do YOU make you choise, eh?

Of course, there is some strategems that are easily recognizable, and I'm not ruling out any ineptitude on behalf of our wolves, er cats, that is. Miricles happen as well, so bandwagon away, I say. However, I don't expect people to be voting on what clearly amount to jokes and frivolous timepassing. Accusation is all well and good for Day 1, but suspicion should be reserved for Tomarrow at the least.

Oh and I'll be voting for the seventh person on the list. Why, you ask? Because today is the 27th, and if you subtract 20, you are left with 7. That's why.
[/shpeal]

There you have it. Nonsense? Sure. Mostly I'm joking, but you can't deny that it isn't hard for a cat (this is going to be hard to get used to) to run free and rampant today, can you? However, if you have a better way, I'll surely throw this one out.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #14
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well Eonwe that's rather specious. I hope that we all adopt a similar strategy

I'm no major fan of this day, however to essetially say I won't participate because nothing can be gained is fallacy. Why maybe all of us not speak at all since it's so useless and we'll have more luck on day 2. Voting...why do that? There's nothing important to that either. I believe there are recorded villages that much was told and discovered on day 1 and therefore I find your unwillingness to participate as rather disturbing.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Nay, good sir. You mistake me. Of course voting and discussing are essential parts of this game. If we didn't talk, we would be in the same boat tomarrow. If we didn't vote today, there would be no record to analyze tommarrow. You need to build a case, or at least a gut feeling, but how can you do that today, when there are no brick lying around? You can't. That is why suspicion should not be implied today.

And of course I will be participating. Its just that many time I find that at the end of the day, when my vote is due, I have not reasonable candidate. Hence the seventh person on the list deal. Naturally, if I find a person deserving of accusation I will vote for him over the seventh person, but if none turn up, I am left with this.

I hope this is clear, as I'm certainly not calling for a board-wide boycott. That would be most unwise and most unproductive.

EDIT:

What's 'specious' mean? Did you mean 'suspicious'? Just curious.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #16
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I come to lament the deaths of fair Naria and Valier. They have been kind to this old warhorse.

I sit here - flanked- by two fine black cats. Good mousers that I have kept throughout my journeys. (The fat one is getting a bit lazy and has grown accustomed to spare fat from my carvings.)

I believe this will give me insight into these Werecats in our midst. However, they have been domesticated for a thousand years and hardly compare to the feline hell-spawn in our midst.

I think that, at least, one of the felines has visited us early--drunk or high on catnip from the power given them.

I will likely vote for one of the first three visitors to the village.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #17
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Specious:

1. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #18
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Fallacious:

1. Containing or based on a fallacy: a fallacious assumption.
2. Tending to mislead; deceptive: fallacious testimony.

Garin's lesson is now over.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #19
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

So that would mean Eonwe plans to vote for Garin.

It's an interesting idea. Perhaps I should vote for the 7th player, because there are 7 days in the week and I would like to eat chocolate on every one of them.

(OOC: do hobbits eat chocolate?)

Or vote Fareal because he (or she? I'm sorry) cast a spurious light over my noble profession. *sniff*

Though if I really want to be in character, I could vote Garin as well, because hobbits are suspicious of those who operate outside the box. He's travelled and owns cats.

Actually I do think Eonwe has a point... but somehow it seems kind of nasty to vote someone off randomly thus ending the game prematurely for them, for no discernable reason besides the belief that there can be no reasonable votes toDay. It'll be hard to come up with something, yeah, but we at least ought to try....
Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #20
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
(OOC- I have recently relapsed into Mono. I may or may not be coherent.)

Now then, as resident folklorist, I have taken it upon myself to research the strange creatures that now walk among us.

Many of you have already heard tale of the Carnivora Canidae, commonly called Lycanthopes or werewolves, but what you don't now is that they actually belong to a larger family of creatures known as Therianthropes. Therianthropes have been known to become anything from the common wolf to to the far more rare dragon. (Let us be glad that we don't have three of those in our midst.) The species we are dealing with is called Carnivora Felidae. It is my belief that these particular beasts are Cladotheriothropes, meaning they take on all the characterististics of the feline species, rather than just one.

(Pleased be amazed at what you can find on the internet.)

Now then, Eonwe is right. We have very little to go on today, and a medium spread of votes is our best "shot in the dark," as it were. However, mormegil is also right. We can catch a cat today if we put serious effort into it rather than just brush this off as "Day 1" and accept the death of an innocent. A random vote can be helpful or it can be misleading. A serious vote can also be helpful or misleading. This is a game of poly-bluffs. I say we should try our best today to get information and establish patterns. If by the time it comes to vote you remain unconvinced of anyone's guilt, then by all means, vote randomly. I personally don't like random votes, and I will be voting for whoever I find the most suspicious at the end of the day. (Or least suspicious... this particular species has been known to be rather sly.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #21
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Thanks for that Roa....

Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #22
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What easier way for a werecat to hide than to cast a random vote? Eonwe already knows what that could lead to (if not, I have a Mathom to give you... it's an old history book, it tells a story about the nineteenth village to be infected by werewolves). No intelligent player would use a tactic that got him/her lynched before he/she could even get into the flow of the game unless.... he wants to avoid suspicion by being so obviously suspicious it just can't be true

Trust me, I know about that... in the Mathom there is a passage about this man with, surprise!, the same name I have.... who happened to adopt a tactic so very suspicious he flew under the radar for the most part. Sadly, and even though he was right, he got lynched in the final day.

Anyhow, I think that Eonwe is playing fool because he knows it'll keep him safe, so I say

++Eonwe

And off with him. Furthermore, if we are to loose an innocent villager today, might as well be this random voter.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #23
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
*OOC - Is it just me or does Garin get a vote on Day 1 in every game??

I must agree with the comments made earlier that Day 1's are completely and utterly useless. However, I must also agree that if we do not discuss or come up with strategies, we will not be able to pin down these felines. I also don't agree with Eonwe's strategy on voting for some random person because of some random number. I do, however, believe that most of toDay's votes will be random unless something suspicious does appear. That is why I will withold my vote until shortly before the Day ends (*OCC - I have school so I will only be able to quicly scan the posts). It also seems that we have a rivlary already between Farael and Diamond. I think we should keep an eye on these two (as morm said earlier) as either one of them or both of them could be a Wolves. Now let me go attend to my bar.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #24
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I disagree, Farael. One could argue that voting so rediculously early is suspicious. The tactic of random votes on the first day is a rather common one in my understanding. And the other times I have read about people named Eonwe show the same behavior regardless of role.

When we have nothing to go on, a good spread of votes can help narrow the field. I wouldn't be so hasty to pass judgement. The day has just begun, and many of our fellow villagers have yet to join the fray. Why such an early vote when you know that it too is incredibly suspicious? Following the very tactics you just exposed?

Edit: Cross-posted with Glirdan.

The comments today are far from useless. We can easily establish patterns if people get active enough.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 PM   #25
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Retractable votes, dear Roa... but I think I'll stick with mine. If that's Eonwe's way of playing, well this is mine. And by the way, why hasn't anyone picked up on the comments I made about Kath????? I think my comments towards Diamond (however playful they were) pale in comparison with the others.

Really, what's wrong with you all?

P.S: I'm not voting Eonwe for a random vote... but you have to admit that no matter how "random" none of us really chooses a number and then votes the Xth person.... we at least TRY to be random between the most suspiciously looking folks.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #26
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
I come up to town and what do I find, but two of our friends dead! The deaths of poor Naria and Valier are truly saddening occurences, even worse when the acts have been commited by three werecats, in our midst even as we speak. So Day 1 begins.

I hate Day 1. Barely anything to go on. We're stumbling through the Lockholes with only a match to light our way. Plus I'll have to vote very soon (thanks to these new-fangled time-zones the King down in Gondor has set up everywhere). So, so far, so early in the game, I have no clear idea who I'm suspicious of. Maybe of those blabbermouths who would scare all the fish out of the ocean with their tall talk of strategies and what-not. I prefer simple gut voting on Day 1. Who here seems to be attackin' and defendin' so early in the game? Whoever it is, that's your gut feelin'.

Farael seems a bit eager to vote and spread suspicion. His vote for Eonwe looks like it's on shaky ground to me. My gut feeling is that I might vote for 'im. Plus I don't like the way he's askin' what's wrong with everybody. Everybody here is a perfectly ord'nary hobbit (except for those three who are werecats, of course). Now I'm goin' back to the stream to do some fishing and to mull over what all of youse have said. I'll be back in an hour or so.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #27
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And by the way, why hasn't anyone picked up on the comments I made about Kath????? I think my comments towards Diamond (however playful they were) pale in comparison with the others.
Because your statements about Kath are nonsense. There's nothing to say about them beyond that. That sort of thing is best ignored lest it detract from what's really going on. Are you intentionally trying to distract us?

Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #28
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Double post, sorry.

Your comments towards Diamond18 are about the same, really. The only actual case you've given is that of Eonwe, and that hardly constitues a case. However, I am wondering myself what the deal is with looking at you and Diamond for "rivalry." It looks like standard Day 1 banter. What's the big deal with that? Mormegil, Glirdan, explain please.

Edit: Back in... 9-10 hours. Ish.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #29
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Well, here I am, an hour later just as I promised. My mind has not changed, and I still think I'll vote for Farael. Oh, what the heck.

++Farael

Farael, if you turn out not to be a werecat, I'm sorry, but you're the most suspicious one out there right now.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #30
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
Farael, if you turn out not to be a werecat, I'm sorry, but you're the most suspicious one out there right now.
Please note I've left the vote out of the quote... while it's misguided, I can see where Alcarillo is coming from.

What worries me is the apology. It's been said time and again that apologising innocents tend to be werewolves. It worries me, because more often than not it turns out not to be the case. Alcarillo's is the first vote by a relatively sane (assuming foolishness is a mental illness) person.... and I can see the pressure to issue an apology as, let's face it, he has nothing to go on with.

I don't expect to be lynched today, but should I be I want to issue a pardon towards Alcarillo. He (she?) has reasons to apologise for.

Of course, a pardon is not a "get out of jail free" card... just for the time being I'm saying that Alca's apology is reasonable.

Having gotten that out of the way, I'll continue to look at you all suspiciously.

By the way, how come no-one has made anything about my exchange with Glirdan?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:58 AM   #31
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I just had time to scan the situation here at school. I'll be able to post more substantially only in the evening (GMT).

But it's weird to see someone other than me being suspected at the beginning of the day 1...

Otherwise this seems as insane as ever. People jumping on each other look suspicious, as well as those who keep reminding others about their suspiciousness... Not to talk of those, who try to show some "voice of reason" in the midst. And loudmouths are especially suspicious, but so are the ones that try to fly under the radar... Nice game this.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #32
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I think, this game, that I shall try playing without actually reading anyone's posts...

I shall actively strive to die before Day 6.

I shall pull a Nilp...

++ Formendacil.

Ermm... that's not such a wise tactic I guess.

-- Formendacil

++ Eonwe

Not for any particular reason... I just have found him totally perplexing in past games, and I'd just as soon be rid of perplexing things: perplexing and I don't get along well.

One change of vote down, and four to go...

Oh, I'm having fun here. Never, in all my eight games, played a retractable votes game before!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:25 AM   #33
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Form, please don't start that. Self-votersor wannabe-self-voters never achieve anything but causing confusion. I see you saw that yourself, but that was a stupid joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Well Eonwe that's rather specious. I hope that we all adopt a similar strategy
I remember saying just the same in Day one in one village long time ago to him. Anyway, I agree with Roa that though Eonwe acts susoiciously it doesn't mean it's sure he's a wolf; that just eonwesque behaviour. Of course he might be using that as a cover... But I don't believe so. It's just a possibility we should acknowledge.

Day 1 is useless on Day 1. On further days, it might come in very useful. And it usually does.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:59 AM   #34
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It seems there's no one except me here...

++Nogrod

in case I won't be back. That's hunch-based, nothing else. I hope I can return and cast a more reasonable vote.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #35
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Alright, just got back from school. Todays going to be a busy day for me so I doubt I can post much. Expect a random vote later on.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:11 AM   #36
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I'm just leaving for school so I don't have much time. The following post was written extremely quickly.

This is so terrible, I loved those lases. We must get rid of these felines, imediately. They can not win. There isn't much we can do on Day 1 but post as much as we can and come up with some sort of plan. But try to be some what logical in your voting, we don't want a gifted killed on Day 1. That's all I can say for now.

Is that my bus?

Be back at 3pmEST.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #37
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So, are there any patterns here to be seen? (The following "synopsis" is not in an accurate order of things happening, but more like trying to bind things together)

Farael has been very active, stirring discussion. Picking on a couple of people with zero-backing.

Eonwe declaring his "voting for the 7th person in the list" -tactics.

Farael attacking & voting Eonwe

Morm disliking Eonwe's tactics, noting Farael vs. Diamond issue.

Glirdan, backing Morm's suspicion about Farael vs. Diamond.

Roa seeing sense in both Eonwe & Morm, asking for explanation from Morm & Glirdan about their suspicions on Farael vs. Diamond. Accusing Farael of early voting & trying to distract us.

And all this has led to a situation, where voting stands as follows:
Eonwe 2 (Farael 1., Form 3.)
Farael 1 (Alcarillo 2.)
Nogrod 1 (Lommy 4.)

Clearly Farael and Eonwe have been the most controversial players so far (Thank's Lommy for holding my flag up too! ). The others have been very careful indeed - if we don't count Roa's quite attacking style against Farael (posts 24, 27, 28).

I don't have Farael quite so high in my suspicion-list. He may be rushing around, but not in an overtly suspicious manner - and his vote for Eonwe seemed to me stem from principles concerning playing styles (+ quite well argued point about declaring a fully random vote very early on being good tactics by a cat!). Neither do I see Eonwe as overtly suspicious, for he seems generally to play like that. And even if I don't quite agree with him about the reasonableness of his tactics, I can't say to suspect him either, at least for the time being.

So, again I'm also a bit worried about us possibly lynching outspoken villagers just because they talk. That is quite bad politics. Maybe we should also see, what those less posted ones have actually said so far...

I'll have to go back reading essays to school, but will be back in a couple of hours, and hopefully for a bit longer then.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #38
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Kind of left my point unspoken...

As I don't think that Farael is a cat.

As I don't think that Eonwe is a cat.

As I know myself not to be a cat.

I would very much suggest we widen the scope of voting a little bit... and anyhow, there are only three of us voted by now.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #39
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
By the way, how come no-one has made anything about my exchange with Glirdan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
And by the way, why hasn't anyone picked up on the comments I made about Kath????? I think my comments towards Diamond (however playful they were) pale in comparison with the others.

Really, what's wrong with you all?
Let me repeat your own question...Farael, what's wrong with you?

You keep asking why isn't anybody looking at me? It's almost as if you are seeking to be suspicious...but why? Are you so starved for attention that you will continually bring up your own post hoping that we will look at them? Are you a wolf...I mean 'werecat' who is trying to get just a bit of 'too obvious' suspicion on them? Or finally, are you an innocent that wants just the right amount of suspicion on you so as to help you live? I'm not sure if I'll vote for you but you are worth watching.

In my experience, the guilty party rarely expose themselves on day 1 and those that jump out to you as guilty rarely are and those you think innocent might be guilty. They post just enough and are innocuous enough to not arouse suspicion. Wilwarin fits this as does Thinlómien.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #40
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Grrr, I can see this is going to be a frustrating game, just judging on how soon everyone is throwing in a vote, knowing that they can "retract it later on" if something crosses their path.

I've just skimmed through what has been said so far, but I'll be back in about five hours and then I'll read through everything and contribute something worth while. Until then...