The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #401
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally posted by Shelob
though I didn't know that Menel was actually a sherrif,
He was?!? And I thought he was a wolf like us! He had me fooled.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #402
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Be Quiet...

Mormegil was the sherrif.
Meneltarmacil was the wolf.
Mithalwen was the person I almost voted for on Day 2.
M is the letter too many people have begining their names.

Thank You.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:22 PM   #403
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
Mithalwen was the person I almost voted for on Day 2.
I too would have voted for Mithalwen on Day 2 ... had she been playing.

Having reviewed my notes, it has become clear to me that one can analyse 'til the cows come home and still be completley, utterly and hopelessly wrong.

Here are some gems:

On analysing the Night 2 kills:

Quote:
Glirdan is almost certainly not the Bear (and therefore may be worth keeping around).
Kitanna had voted for Glirdan the previous Day, and I figured that the Bear would not take the risk of killing someone who voted for them when he could kill almost anyone else with little risk. I figured wrong!

On Day 2:

Quote:
If the Wolves are trying to set up Alcarillo, we need to look at:

Gil-Galad
Azaelia
WaynetheGoblin
Folwren
Glirdan
As I understand it, the Wolves were trying to set up Alcarillo. But working that out sent me in completely the wrong direction!

After learning the Night 3 kills:

Quote:
The phantom had two dreams: probably SpM and mormegil. Possibly Shelob.
This is about the only thing I got right all game ...

Quote:
I am now pretty certain that Shelob is innocent and most likely the other Shirriff.
I can't remember why I thought this now. It was something that Shelob said about mormegil or vice versa. I compounded my error by compiling the following list at the outset of Day 3:

Quote:
*Top suspects: Azaelia, Glirdan, Kath and Holbytlass.
*Level 2 suspects: Folwren, Gil-Galadand Nilpaurion.
*Don’t knows: Cailin, Durelin, WaynetheGoblin.
*Non-Wolves: Meneltarmacil, Shelob, wilwarin.
Now that's just ridiculous. But it was based on my belief (on the basis of what I thought was pretty good evidence) that Azaelia was a Wolf, and also my assumption that Shelob was the other Shirriff. At least when Nilp revealed himself, I was able to move Shelob off the bottom row. In fact, she went straight up to a Level 2 suspect.

Of course, things changed during the course of the Day and, had I not died on Night 4, I would have been looking at Holbytlass, Kath and Shelob very closely. Maybe I would have followed through with my suspicions of Shelob. But I suspect that it's more likely that I would have voted in a similar way to the other innocents on Days 4, 5 and 6.

So you see Wolves. You really didn't need to kill me at all.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #404
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
one thing that got me mad is that, you accused me of being a wolf because i was quiet, so i defended myself then you accused me for that...
Old 09-15-2005, 06:31 PM   #405
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
On analysing the Night 2 kills:

Quote:
Glirdan is almost certainly not the Bear (and therefore may be worth keeping around).

Kitanna had voted for Glirdan the previous Day, and I figured that the Bear would not take the risk of killing someone who voted for them when he could kill almost anyone else with little risk. I figured wrong!
Well, I'd say you were completely off there Saucy!! I'm quite surprised at how long it took for people to suspect me of anything on Day 1. Which just proves that I did a pretty good job avoiding suspicion for the time.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #406
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
tp: ooooh, I understand now about Saucie. See, I knew the roles of who you dreamt about, but I didn't know the exact identities. Except for Shelob. I found it hilarious that you died just as you hit spot on. Omniscience is fun.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:28 PM   #407
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Poor phantom couldn't tell anyone about his dream of Shelob. And it probably could have helped the villagers or myself to win!!! Drats!!! CURSE YOU WOLVES!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:41 PM   #408
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf From reading phantom's thoughts . . .

Glirdan, was it your intention to act all close with morm and then to kill him suddenly? It sounds like a very bold plan for a bear.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #409
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Glirdan, was it your intention to act all close with morm and then to kill him suddenly? It sounds like a very bold plan for a bear.
From the start of Day 2, I said to myself that I had to get someone completely unsuspected to cast suspicion off of myself and by unsuspected I mean no one would think that I would go after him because of the "bond" we had. I wasn't thinking of morm right from the start. About half way throught the Day, I decided to get rid of morm because he was the one I was acting close with and I thought no one would have suspected me. Obviously, it didn't quite work. I was a little over dramatic which was probably why more suspicion was cast on me.

Now I want to know why no one suspected me of being the bear, but always the wolf. Anybody care to answer?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:52 AM   #410
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
*Non-Wolves: Meneltarmacil, Shelob, wilwarin.
I figured we had you confused to no end...I hadn't realized we were doing that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Now I want to know why no one suspected me of being the bear, but always the wolf. Anybody care to answer?
Probably because the wolves are more likely to slip up. A wolf has to try and not only protect themselves from suspicion but also to make sure that they're protecting their fellow wolves. A bear only has themselves to protect so it's somewhat easier for them, they don't have to worry about slidding suspicion of themselves and onto their friends.