The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
what if it's just for those who don't post at all ie vote things etc don't count?
I think that might be a good solution.
I would also second that (hey, I'm starting to like this more and more. Finally questions I understand and can reply to them ).

I maybe have one more question, and I would like to apologize if it is answered here, but you know, I was not reading through all this rules discussion, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog on the game thread
If the GW scries an ordo she becomes either a gifted (if there is room in the “roster” of max. 3 gifteds at a time) or is defended from the EW’s possible scry that Night (= can not be scried by the EW that Night).
Okay, I think I get this (the second part), it's simply a more "lawyerish" way of saying that the GW and EW, if they scry on the same person, their abilities simply cancel each other and nothing happens, right? Or if it means anything more, please clarify.

But, to this relates, when does the night scrying come in effect? Logically it would look like that it's calculated at the end of the Night, when everyone has posted their picks? Then, it will mean the Wizards can communicate with the new Gifteds/Wolves only the Night after, not the very same Night? (Or can they communicate with them during the Day as well?)

Okay, or I am gibbering nonsense, in that case feel free to ignore me
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Okay, I think I get this (the second part), it's simply a more "lawyerish" way of saying that the GW and EW, if they scry on the same person, their abilities simply cancel each other and nothing happens, right? Or if it means anything more, please clarify.
If the GW and the EW try to scry the same person, he dies.

There's been talk whether the GW should have a gifted limit, and thus she could protect people against the EW's scrying on the nights she couldn't scry herself any more gifteds.
Personally I think it would be too much of an advantage for her, though.

Hope this was of some help and I didn't mess the things up myself.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
If the GW and the EW try to scry the same person, he dies.

There's been talk whether the GW should have a gifted limit, and thus she could protect people against the EW's scrying on the nights she couldn't scry herself any more gifteds.
Personally I think it would be too much of an advantage for her, though.

Hope this was of some help and I didn't mess the things up myself.
Eh... sure? Well at least on the game thread it looked quite differently, it looked like that the GW can simply protect the person. And surely even then, what if let's say there were a person who's already a Gifted, and the EW scried on her, but the GW did too (of course why would he do that, but it's technically possible; and f.ex. he could if he presumed that EW wants to scry that person, and wanted to keep this person to himself as a Gifted) - in that case, the person surely wouldn't die too? That will be pretty unfair. In any case I think the idea of dying is quite odd. Was it like that in the former game?

And if there are any disputes according to this, my vote would be definitely for letting the GW at least protect the people against EW. Because otherwise, EW can scry millions of Wolves but the GW has only a few Gifteds on her side. I know she technically has the ordos on her side as well, but... you see, in normal village you have also Wolves vs. both Gifteds and Ordos. So here you'd have Wolf kill vs. Ranger protection (is there a Ranger, right? If the GW "creates" him), and so you should have EW scrying vs. GW scrying. Balance, simply.

However I don't want to get deep into this... and I am puzzled as well as it looked like it's decided already anyway...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If both wizards scry the same same person then their identities are revealed to each other, yes?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
If both wizards scry the same same person then their identities are revealed to each other, yes?
This is getting better and better Nogroood! Heeelp...
Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Eh... sure?
No. Forget all that I said.

I really have no idea where that came from - I seem to have mixed everything up indeed, but I don't know how, as it was still quite clear to me what we were talking about (the GW's ability to protect people) a while before I started typing that post.

But it's not quite decided yet, unless I've missed something again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I think that person only dies and the wizards don't learn each other's identities.

Maybe I should just shut up and wait for Nog before I manage to be any more confusing.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
As far as where I should belong...put me where you need me.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #8
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
*tip toes in*

Aganzir and Lommy have written and asked about joining, and after thinking about the whole affair, I'd love to join!
Sorry to return an answer so late, I've been rather busy finishing up my school year lately, and still have a few more things to complete. I will be free to play though, mind you!
Now, off to read all of the rules and see what I got myself into.

Also, Lalaith, I am quite honored the offer to be adopted. I promise to be my usual neatfreak and cut back on the craziness as long as you don't send me back.
(I have all my teeth and vaccines. Promise.)

For occupations, I guess I'll be a dog whipper assistant and help to keep all of the rowdy and bad-tempered pups out of homes and food storages. Though, I don't know how I feel about whipping them, might give them a bop on the head and hug though. :-P

If there is any needed occupations though, definately put me where one is needed, I'm not really partial to where I'm grudging an existance.

~ thanking you Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 05-17-2008 at 12:19 AM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote