The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #401
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
And given that we will know toMorrow, I am not sure that I like the way that Rune carried the argument on.
I'll take you on too if I think you are using cheap rethorical trix!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #402
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Let's lynch Nogrod.

While I remain slightly wary of Nogrod for the time being, I am certainly not prepared to vote for him without any indication that his claim is false.

Are you sure that you're the Seer Rikae? I find it hard to see any basis for you not being, though. The only possibilities are that Glirdy's the real Seer or the real Seer has chosen not to contest your claim so as to remain hidden. But, in either circumstance, it would have been mad for you to claim Seership, if a Vampire.

So, is there something that you are not telling us? What makes you so distrustful of Noggie's claim that you are prepared to vote for him?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #403
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I'll take you on too if I think you are using cheap rethorical trix!
I understand that you were not seeking to advise the Shade to side with the Vampires, as Nogrod suggested. But it did seem rather pointless to carry on the argument in the circumstances. We will most likely know toMorrow if the Shade is with us our not.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #404
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Yeah it might have been, but I felt for it at the moment and so I chose to argue back. That is not something I regret. . .

Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #405
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
What can I say? I truly believed her highly likely to be a Vampire until the moment she revealed. I have a long history of suspecting Seers ...
Even when he's a wolf...

Actually, that statement makes me feel he's innocent.

But anyway...

Lommy's not getting enough attention, but what's new there.

Gil-galad's playing style has changed drastically.

Eomer is Eomer.

Those are our vampires.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #406
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Even when he's a wolf...
True enough.

Although, even when I was a Wolf, I had no idea that the person I was feigning to suspect (erm, Rikae ...) was the Seer.

I have reviewed the events of Days 1 and 2. Here are my thoughts, in brief:

Known innocents (subject to any contrary evidence)
Rikae
Boro
Mac
Nogrod

Presumed innocent (for now)
Lomiella
Aganzir

Both were Celuien voters and both have come across as genuine and helpful to me.

Feeling quite warm and fuzzy about
Gil - Nothing really alarms me about him, and I like his new approach. As I understand it, he's having a day off toDay, so I'm prepared to wait 'til he's back with us.
Di - I'd like to hear more from her, but she's coming across OK to me. I still think it unlikely that a Vampire would have so obviously objected to stating our votes.
Durelin - Not much to add to my previous thoughts. She's coming across to me just as I would expect an innocent Durelin to act. I think that she would be more jumpy (and also more involved) if she were a Vampire.

Nothing to go on
Xyzzy - Vaguely suspicious for his possible attempt to out the Seer in #164, but that's about it.
Glirdy - As I said, I'd be willing to vote for him in the absence of a better candidate, and with sufficient agreement from the village as a whole.

Some Suspicion
Eomer - Moved onto my "suspicious" list now I can see a good motive for him, as a Vampire, having indicated (and lied about) five votes for Celuien, when the Lynch Seer.
Kitanna - For no other reason than the residual possibility that her seeming confusion over the Vampires and their votes may have been a bluff.
Sixth - Has been fairly uninvolved and may be trying to lay low.
Rune - has contributed regularly without really saying a lot. Possibly tried to divert the village toDay by prolonging the Shade discussion.

Most suspicious
Legate - Spent a lot of time on Day 1 saying a lot without really saying a lot, if you know what I mean. I still think that there may well have been a Vampire among those who claimed to voted late for Menel and, of those who did, he looks the most suspicious to me.
Shasta - Spent much of Day 1 roleplaying. Famously left Legate of his Day 1 suspicion list, posted at the beginning of Day 2. In #178, claims that it didn't occur to him to state who he voted for, despite most having agreed that it was a good idea to do so (and despite himself noting what a good idea it was in #188). In#203, claims to be confused about the voting, despite having said earier (in response to Kitanna's confusion) that the rules seemed pretty clear to him.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #407
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Glirdy - As I said, I'd be willing to vote for him in the absence of a better candidate, and with sufficient agreement from the village as a whole.~SPM
I would rather go for Shasta or Legate....though you probably already knew that.

I can't imagine all the vampires laying low and being inactive. Though I can't find any good reason to vote for one of these people, I just can't shake off the feeling there's a vampire in some of the 'active' members today:

Durelin
Diamond
SpM
Rune

I'm not going to vote for one of these today, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if one of them was a vampire. I really want to find out about Shasta or Legate as that will be like lifting off a 2 ton Mumak off my chest. I definitely think if one is a vampire, there is a good chance the other is. Though I don't agree with what Gil thinks if one is innocent:

Quote:
if Shasta = innocent, then Legate = innocent
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #408
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I would rather go for Shasta or Legate....though you probably already knew that.
As matters stand, I would be prepared to vote for either of these. Although I would prefer, if possible, to hear from the Lynch Seer before making my mind up on Legate.

I'm off to grab some sleep now. See y'all on the morrow.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #409
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm about to leave... I'm waffling between voting for Glirdan or voting for Gil. Of the two I find it more likely that Gil is a vampire. I'm going to give it another hour or so and if Glirdan doesn't show up I think I'll vote for him, so the mod doesn't have to. But Gil's change in playing style is the most suspicious thing I can really latch onto right now.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #410
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Di, out of curiosity how do you feel about Shasta and Legate?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #411
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Who to vote for: Once again I find my self with out an answer, at least not one I am truly confident about.

SPM: I am really torn about him, there small things that makes me un-easy about him, but then he will go on and say something that makes me think that he is innocent.

Like the way when he casually mentions that he is not sure about how he feels about me carrying the argument on. That is just one of those kind of comments that is brilliant for a wolf/vampire to use. . .Withour jumping too much on a person you still voice a slight suspicion that you can use one of the following days if it fits into your game. I have seen many a skilled wolf use it. But then Saucie tells me that he is totaly aware that I was not trying to advice the shade, the way he does this then makes me think that it really just was a casual remarc from an innocent.

and then he mentions it again when he lists his suspects and I can totaly understand that, that makes sense wither you are vampire or innocent, but it does not help me.

Di: I think she is Innocent. . . I don't know why she just seem innocent, it might be that the fact that we were kind of on the same side on the whole shade thing has made me look upon her with gentler eyes. I don't know, but she is not getting my vote today.

Durelin: I know I never specified this, but there is just something slightly wrong with her. . .well in the way she plays. It is one of those things that seems hard to put a finger on. (save for the one point that Roa made, unfortunately that was not mine)

Glirdan: I am willing to lynch him, but it would purely be as damage controll. . .I am just a bit worried that the vampires could use such a kill to hide in, if you know what I mean. If everyone starts voting Glirdan, well it would be easier to hide in a big groub than in a small one.

Xyzzy: I actually think that we should lynch Xy. . . soon, it gives me bad nervers to have some one around that says so little.

If people wants to go for Legate or Shasta, I would be more inclined to vote Shasta as previouse post confused me a bit, where as Legate left no real impression neither good or bad.

hmmm yeah that is the people I feel like commenting on right now. . .if I get inspired I might return with a few more comments.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #412
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

btw don't count on Glirdan to show up. . .homework has taken him away!

Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #413
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I appologise if this becomes a triple post. . .

I thought that I should say a bit about Lommy and Nogrod as well.

Lommy: What is there too say, she seems innocent as always. I cannot remember who, but someone said that too little atention was directed at her. This I can only agree with and will, take a closer look at her posts from now on. I don't think I have ever really suspected Lommy.

Nogrod: Now this is an interesting fellow. Never before have I had such a desire to embrace and lynch a person at the same time. I think the posts he made after his "I am the hunter" one has been some of the most interesting I have read in ww in a long time. I think some of his reasoning has been silly and on one hand I wan't to kill him for it as it could just be a vampire making stuff up and on the other hand I find it awesome because I love when people think unconventional. No matter what he has put forth a claim to be the Hunter and for now I do not think I will be contesting that claim.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #414
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Di, out of curiosity how do you feel about Shasta and Legate?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't really have an opinion on them.

Edit: toDay was the first day I had time to properly read over everything posted, and they were both absent.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #415
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Tolkien I have to go now

Well I have sent in my vote. I voted for Glirdan. I'm too confused about the others to pick one.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #416
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
On post #164... I was implying that the dreamer could throw a name into the conversation, repeatedly. It wouldn't quite look bad, since, at that point, we had no clue who the Seer was.

And since no one is paying attention to me:

I voted for Lommy (random) on day one, and Rune (suspicion of Shade-ness, a suspicion I still hold, along with others) on day two, both of which I've already said...

Today, it's Nogrod. NOGROD. N-O-G-R-O-D. Alrighty? Yes, I have been stating who I'm voting for, so stop accusing me of otherwise...

And, in a bit of irony, I'll rehash a strategy that totally failed last game when I was a wolf:

It's pretty much my nature to be suspicious of anyone who reveals their role before endgame, so I'm keeping an eye on Rikae. It's easy to get the weakest wolf killed off and look like the hero of the innocents. If other people die, and Rikae isn't protected, I will be looking veeeery carefully at Rikae...
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #417
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
As I understand it, he's having a day off toDay, so I'm prepared to wait 'til he's back with us.
OOC: sorry about that, had to go to this convention today... met the Incredible Hulk

but i am now returned, and the way i see it, Nogrod has proclaimed himself the hunter... yet Rikae, who has proclaimed herself the seer, has voted for Nogrod... i won't say anymore, because if it is what i think it is then it be best i shut up...

I think that wasting votes on Glirdy is, well, a waste because he is on the verge of suiciding anyways, so instead of helping the vampires by wasting votes on a probably innocent, we should use our votes worthwhile, the more people we lsoe the harder it will be us to win... but then again, if none of us have anyone better to vote for, it would be good to vote Glirdy and save ourselves by making a mistake and watsing a good innocent...

too much to ponder... and i msut vote now too... hmmm... i don't want to vote glirdy because i hate the aspect of wasting a good vote, but it doesn't look like any other vote will do any good.

This brings me back to Legate/Shasta again, both have been rather quiet this day (haven't seen any of them) and i really want it figured out, so i'll probably send my vote in for

++Shasta

EDIT: wow, after reading Xyzzy's post, i just remembered that the vamps got gifted too, how certain can we be that Rikae isn't the Vamp Seer and the innocents she proclaimed were fellow vampires... i don't mean to bring the spotlight on you Rikae, but its a thought

also, if somebody has already resolved this, let me no and save me from being an idiot...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #418
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm a bit worried about Rikae's lynch Nogrod idea. She expressed some doubts about him and his Hunter role. Four innocents could well die with the lynching of Nogrod.

I like what Rune said on the subject of Glirdan I feel it rings true for voting in general:
Quote:
Glirdan: I am willing to lynch him, but it would purely be as damage controll. . .I am just a bit worried that the vampires could use such a kill to hide in, if you know what I mean. If everyone starts voting Glirdan, well it would be easier to hide in a big groub than in a small one.
If we all vote one way (ex: most for Nogrod, Glirdan, Shasta, or Legate, since those four have generated a good deal of attention for different reasons) I worry that the vampires will find it easier to lie and blend in. I also realize spreading the votes out to much will only cause confusion, but I'm also worried about an extreme bandwagon.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #419
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I guess there wasn't much point in defending myself, since it all seems to have gone in Gil's right ear and out his left. <_<

I'm tempted to revenge-vote Gil, as I still think he's a vampire. And no one's explained Sleepy's death yet... was he modkilled? Why was he killed before Glirdan, if that's the case? Also, Nogrod may be the hunter, but I'm not sure whether he's innocent or vampiric at this point... I think maybe Roa was the hunter, and Sleepy died with her, in which case Nogrod would be the Vampiric Hunter. What do you guys think?

And seriously, how does a post explaining where I was yesterday end up confusing someone?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:56 PM   #420
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And no one's explained Sleepy's death yet... was he modkilled? Why was he killed before Glirdan, if that's the case?~Shasta
Well in the narration Sleepy commits suicide, so my guess would be Sleepy told Kath and/or Volo he did not have the time to participate anymore and to just 'kill' him.

Quote:
Also, Nogrod may be the hunter, but I'm not sure whether he's innocent or vampiric at this point... I think maybe Roa was the hunter, and Sleepy died with her, in which case Nogrod would be the Vampiric Hunter. What do you guys think?
Looks like you're getting a bit desperate. If Roa was the hunter we would have been told so, and she would have taken down Sleepy with her. Instead Sleepy killed himself and Roa was an ordinary innocent. So, I say again, I think it looks like you're getting desperate.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #421
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There's one vote against me. I have no reason to be getting desperate.

Is there some reason you and Gil are banding together to take me out, or am I just being paranoid?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #422
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I can see one point behind Rikae's move to suggest voting me - remember she has only said she has voted for me, we don't know whether she actually has done that. With this kind of "trap" we could see people's reactions and that might have helped us in spotting the vamps. Sadly it seems only to have produced the most obvious result. The people who think a bit see the flaw in it easily (why to make the work of killing an innocent ourselves and thence lose on numbers with one as we can force the vamps to kill me as well - and any contesting claim would give us a 100% kill anyway). And it is quite clear that the vamps would be the first ones to notify this flaw as to make them look better - or maybe even because they are afraid of what might happen if I'm lynched.

This far it seems only Xyzzy fell for Rikae's suggestion. Now that does make me think. There is also the bit weird point in there as well:
Quote:
And, in a bit of irony, I'll rehash a strategy that totally failed last game when I was a wolf
I know he may wish to say something else but to me this reads: voting someone over whom someone else has made a suspicion a short while before his own voting without caring to make any arguments oneself. I do dislike this kind of action (he was pretty much the same in his last game) but I am not sure if I'm ready to vote on it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:26 AM   #423
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I might indeed be ready to vote for Glirdy toDay.

I think there are at least two reasons to do that.

1. Damage assessment. If he's going to be modfired let's save one on numbers.

2. By killing Glirdy we get some confirmation on Rikae (and myself too). Even though I think the chance that Rikae is fooling us with her Seerness is a thin one it's a possibility. And as I believe that the shade is wise enough to protect her on the next Night we would do well to get some comfirmation on Rikae's status.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #424
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nogrod called it correctly..

I haven't voted yet.

I'm somewhat disturbed by Kitanna's post.
Spreading out votes will not help us - it will mean fewer known innocents if the number of votes is as expected.
It looks like she is trying to make life easy for the wolves; give them a reason for throwaway, and therefore undetectable, "votes".

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod's last post and very confused.
How would lynching Glirdy confirm anything?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #425
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
EDIT: X'd with Nogrod's last post and very confused.
How would lynching Glirdy confirm anything?
Not exactly confirm but give us further reasons. I think you have noticed that the theories of you or myself not being what we say depends on a supposition that the vampire-seer has dreamt of someone really quiet who is the actual gifted but who wouldn't be around to contest the claim of yours or mine.

So it looks like Glirdy is the last chance. I think others have been around at least after you revealed yourself - and I hope the rest will turn out toDay so that the same can be said of myself as well.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:17 AM   #426
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Hmmm... Evil-Nogrod does have a history of impersonating Gifteds. Say he is doing it again. What's the plot?
One possible is that he is the Vampire Seer, dreamed Xyzzy or Glirdan is a Hunter and decided to take the chance. Personally I find that too confounded, though. Why would he dream of Xyzzy or Glirdan? I don't have much experience with people falsely impersonating Gifteds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Personally I find it hilarious that anyone would think the Shade would side with anyone, even for a limited period of time.
Why so hilarious? I think it is in the Shade's best interests to side with one team, and I would have thought he/she will have gone with the villagers. The vampires know who is innocent, can confuse the villagers during the day and have all the innocent's gifted powers. Wouldn't it be better to even up the tables a bit?

Is Durelin the Shade? Comments like this:

Quote:
What's to say the Shade wants to play it safe?
and
Quote:
You know, I could see Saucie being the uber shade.
and
Quote:
I'm tempted to not state my vote just to bother people,
and
Quote:
The Shade might well be playing with our heads already.
and
Quote:
I didn't state my vote because I didn't vote.
and
Quote:
In other words - stay away from me
It just seems hostile. Durelin keeps mentioning the Shade, which is a bit wierd, if I was the shade I wouldn't do that... don't know.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 AM   #427
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Just a quick one.

Quote:
Spreading out votes will not help us - it will mean fewer known innocents if the number of votes is as expected.
As I see it, there are arguments both ways. A broad concensus on one candidate, eg Glirdy, will mean that we can be more certain that the apparent lynchee is the actual lynchee, and this will assist the Lynch Seer in identifying the subject of the riddle. However, it will be easier for a Vampire to hide among a large number of votes for the same person because it will be more difficult to identify which was the "bluff vote" from the Lynch Seer's figures. A wider range of possible lynchees will also make it more difficult for the Vampires to place their stated votes more "safely".

So, for example, it would have been more risky for a Vampire to place a vote for Celuien on Day 1 than it would have been for one to place a vote for Menel on Day 2.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #428
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sixth - If one thing's almost certain, it is that Nogrod is not the Vampire Seer. Were he a Vampire, he would most probably be the Vampire Hunter. The Vampires wouldn't risk their Seer, who can be said to be the most important for them.
And, if the Vampires had a reason to fear that the Shade might protect Rikae next Night, and the Ranger the following etc, it would be most profitable for them to have one of their own (V. Hunter) killed, and Rikae with him, before Rikae has a chance to dream of one of them.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #429
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

Alright, I no longer suspect Nogrod as much, because he said that we may as well lynch Glirdy and thus help prove his innocence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I don't think I have ever really suspected Lommy.
I thought that last game and got ... TOWTALLY PWNED. Don't fall for it.

<EDIT> X-ed with Aganzir. Who I agree with by the way.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #430
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

It occurs to me that the Shade might be more willing to protect Rikae if she agrees not to reveal his/her identity if she dreams of him/her. We don't need to kill the Shade, or indeed to know his/her identity, in order to win.

The only consideration is that the Shade does not count as an innocent for the purpose of deciding a Vampire win, but I would have thought that protecting Rikae is a more important consideration right now.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 AM   #431
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was more and more inclined to think either SPM or Noggie is a vampire - so if Nogrod's the hunter (which I'm almost ready to believe) should I be suspecting SPM?

And then, Durelin's been worrying me of late too...

(Hmmm - any chance Legate is the third one? And where's TGWBS? )

Seriously though. SPM slightly worries me and Durelin too. Of Legate I can't say almost anyhthing though. His day1-vote was pretty weird, but that doesn't certainly make him a vampire. I wish his computer didn't have a virus...

Durelin. Her cases and suspicions have been pretty flimsy. Not only her case against Mac, but her other suspicions too. (And I'm not saying this because she's started suspecting me. )

If SPM is a wolf, I advice looking at me, Eomer and Aganzir, as he has been a staunch supporter of the Celuien voters' innocence. It'd be easy for a SPM-wolf to sneakily sway suspicion away from a fellow wolf who was a Celuien voter byt giving the "lynch seer evidence" for their innocence. (But on the other hand, I know I'm innocent and I'm inclined to think that Eomer and Aganzir are innocent as well.)

~*~

I have the feeling that our lynch seer for yesterDay was a vampire and s/he's not going to tell us anything, but post about different things and feign that s/he has no clue...

~*~

I'd love to lynch xyzzy. He's pretty annoying (sorry to use such a harsh word) and besides he keeps doing suspicious things. Just look at his jumping to Rikae's Noggie-thingy. But anyway my vote is far from fixed.

edit: xed with Sauce
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:40 AM   #432
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomiella
If SPM is a wolf, I advice looking at me, Eomer and Aganzir, as he has been a staunch supporter of the Celuien voters' innocence.
If I was a fellow Vampire with Eomer or one of the other Celuien voters, this would have been a darn stoopid thing for me to do, as it establishes a clear and sustained link.

I had been hoping that we could more or less clear the Celuien voters, but Nogrod's information changed all that. In light of that information, it is apparent that a Vampiric Eomer, as Lynch Seer, would have had a good motive to state that there were five votes for Celuien in circumstances where only four had been stated. However, this would have required Eomer to have taken quite a risk in placing his stated vote for Celuien (in circumstances where she was quite likely to be lynched), with only a small likelihood of him being nominated the Lynch Seer.

It also occurs to me that if Eomer is a Vampire and lied about the number of votes for Celuien, one of the other Celuien voters might also be a Vampire (the actual number of votes Celuien received could, conceivably, have been three). But this is highly unlikely and would have been extremely risky for the Vampires. I am, in any event, currently quite comfortable with Lomiella and Aganzir.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:48 AM   #433
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Focusing on Rune

Day 1:

#33: Plays in-character, and doesn't actually say anything. The word "shade" appears quite a many times.

#51: Doesn't actually say anything.

#58: Answers Rikae's questions (=jokes?).

#87: Generally confused.

#100: Decides to vote for Menel, who has made short posts, and said little, yet agrees with Menel that no one should be given the benefit of doubt.

#105: Votes for Menel, tells that he has already sent the vote.

Day 2:

#149: Supposes that Brinn was killed due to her little chance to be online on Day 1. Suggests talking about the Lynch Seer and strategies.

#236: Comments on one comment about himself, tells he saves his better posts until next day.

#261: Says nothing significant.

#267: Jokes about the deadline.

#271: Appreciates Roa's points about Nogrod and Durelin in post 229. Thinks he will vote for either Menel or a non-contributer.

#274: Doesn't know how suspicious it is that Xyzzy is making weird cases against him. Suggests that Rikae should dream of either Nogrod or Roa.

#280: Says Rikae shouldn't reveal the ordo she had dreamed of.

#282: Finds Boro's suggestion that Rikae should reveal her known innocent a bit alarming.

#284: Says he will vote for Xyzzy if others are ready to vote for Xyzzy, too. Otherwise will vote for Menel.

#285: Votes for Menel.

#290: Reminds us of the deadline.

#294: Discussion about the deadline.

#304: Discussion about the deadline.

Day 3:

#359: Now that Menel's dead he can focus on Durelin, and would also like to focus on Nogrod but for his Hunter status.

#365: Explains to Di Durelin's "Hah ".

#381: Speaks about crazy ideas & suggests that the Shade was after Rikae in fear that Rikae would reveal him/her.

#386: Says everyone understands what Nogrod is saying, but there's no point in trusting the Shade.

#389: Likes the idea of damage control but doesn't like that we wouldn't actually be looking for people to lynch (Vampires) as we'd just try to get rid of those in danger of suicide.

#393: We can't be sure what the Shade will do. Argues with Nogrod about the Shade.

#401: Answers to Spm.

#404: Answers to Spm.

#411: Is torn about Spm, thinks Di is innocent. Hard to put finger on Durelin, but there's something slightly wrong with her. Is willing to lynch Glirdan, but fears that it would be easy for the Vampires to hide by voting for him. Thinks it would be good to lynch Xyzzy. More inclined to vote for Shasta than for Legate.

#412: Tells that homework has taken Glirdan away.

#413: Says that Lommy seems innocent, but at her posts have been looked too little. Wants and doesn't want to kill Nogrod - either he's a Vampire impersonating the Hunter or the real Hunter.

I hope I managed to notice all his posts. I would have done more, but my bus leaves in five minutes and I really have to run. I'll be back before the deadline and see what I can make out of this.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 AM   #434
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
If I was a fellow Vampire with Eomer or one of the other Celuien voters, this would have been a darn stoopid thing for me to do, as it establishes a clear and sustained link.
Not necessarily. Were you a vampire with some of us, that'd exactly be your defense. And ever heard of double-bluff? I predict that if one of us turned out to be a vamp, you might even be given the benefit of doubt. So not that darn stoopid at all as far as I see.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #435
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

Curses, I find myself agreeing with Lomiella just like last game.

Does the role of a player get revealed when they commit suicide? If so, I see no reason to kill Glirdan. There are much more productive leads to go on than just lynching a quiet(er than me) one. Soon they'll all be gone the way of madness, though we could lynch Xyzzy.

Quote:
Sixth - Has been fairly uninvolved and may be trying to lay low.
Hey, I live in Australia and go to school. It's hard enough to get on at all, let alone when all of you are here. Anyways...

It's a close run thing between Durelin and Xyzzy, but I think I will vote for the former. Some of the things she said just don't feel right to me. It's a mystery I would like to see resolved.

++Durelin

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 04-30-2007 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Forgot to put ++ thing.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:30 AM   #436
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I can't say I have any certainty about any vote I might make at this point...I'm afraid my heart really hasn't been in this game, seer though I am...
I just have too many suspects, too.
Durelin
SPM
Legate
Xyzzy
Kitanna

all look ridiculously evil to me...and obviously at least two aren't.
Rune seems a bit odd as well, and no one's looked at Sixth.
I really don't see much point in lynching Glirdan today.
If I can be kept alive for one more night, I swear, I will not reveal the shade's identity if I happen to dream of him/her. That would be counterproductive in any event.
I'll have to cast my vote soon, but I really feel as though I have no clear leads at the moment.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 AM   #437
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A piece of information and my apologies!

I was the lynch seer last Night! It was posted to my e-mail and not on my BD PM and I noticed it just now.

No problem as I would have not given Menel a free kill anyhow.

But the inmportant part is here. He got 5 votes.

Here's the tally of voiced votes with Menel on:
Rune: Menel (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Boro: Legate (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Roa: Nogrod (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Durelin: Boro (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 1)
Lommiella: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 2)
Aganzir: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 3)
Mac: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 4)
Esspiem: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 5)
Legate: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 6)
Nogrod: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 7)

Of those bolded two have lied. Mac and I are innocent (and this time I didn't lie).

Rune, Lommy, Aganzir, Spm, Legate - and two wolves (or one wolf & the shade possibly) in there.

Good that I found that e-mail...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 AM   #438
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, that's an eye opener, and no mistake...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 AM   #439
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

So do we just start at one end of the list and start the killing or what are peoples thoughts?

hmmm I suppose this is not the sort of thing you would lie about, then you would surely only have said that there was one wolf amongst us.

Think about how useful a tool this could be for a bold wolf, if the real lynch seer did not make it to the next day. . .

anyways I am not thinking that this is the case, it was just a thought that popped into my mind.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:04 AM   #440
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm inclined to think SPM is the best candidate from that list...who's with me?