The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
tinewelt
Haunting Spirit

tinewelt has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Khazad-dum after the end of Sauron

After the Dwarves defeated Azog and the orcs at the battle at moria, thrain wanted to re-enter Moria, but it was said that they would not, for the world must change and some power other than theirs must first come to moria before Durin's folk could again walk there. Just wondering if that is sort of a accidental Prohpesy of Gandalf slaying the balrog? or was there another war of which I am not aware of, in which they entered moria after the fall of sauron and finished off the remaining orcs? you are the father of our folk, and we have bled for you, and will again.....but we will not enter moria
tinewelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've always wondered that myself. The history of Dwarves doesn't speak of their return, but I don't see why they wouldn't, especially with mithril to be had. And they had a suspiciously large quantity of mithril to rebuild the gates of Minas Tirith with...
Meoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
Amarie of the Vanyar
Wight

Amarie of the Vanyar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
And the line of Dáin prospered, and the wealth and renown of the kingship was renewed, until there arose again for the last time an heir of that House that bore the name of Durin, and he returned to Moria; and there was light again in deep places, and the ringing of hammers and the harping of harps, until the world grew old and the Dwarves failed and the days of Durin's race were ended.
The Making of Appendix A; HoME 12, The Peoples of Middle-Earth
Old 07-04-2003, 06:36 AM   #4
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I only posted to add that in the accompaying table of the Dwarves of Erebor to the aformentioned text Dúrin the Last is the Son of Thórin Stonehelm and the grandson of Dáin Ironfeet.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote