The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2002, 03:58 AM   #1
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Silmaril Need your help guys

My school is working on a movie marathon that will show three movies for anybody in the community ($10 a ticket of course) Right now there havent been any reccomendations, but i quickly reccomended FotR as one of the movies in the line up. I thought it would be great to see it again with an even bigger screen and greater sound. Also this idea of a marathon has created a lot of positive feedback from the community.<BR>But the organisers have asked me to gather as many positive and effective reviews/responses about the film. So they could use on flyers etc... And i thought that there would be no better place to get them than here. Sure there are heaps on the net, but i wanted to look to true tolkien fans to help me out on this one.<BR>So could you please write a little "film critic" response for FotR? <BR>I'll choose the best ones and submit them to the organisers. I'll inform the people privately before i use their response just incase they wont want it viewed elsewhere.<p>[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: Iargwath ]

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #2
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Lotr Fotr is based on the lord of the rings tryology written by tolkien. It is an adventure movie that has drawn many vieuwers to the theaters and not all of them read the books. The movie contains a lot of action and emotions and is for boy's and girl's. It's mayby long but worth it's time.
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a film all movie-lovers should see. It has adventure, romance, friendship, battle scenes...everything any type of person would love. Film won 4 Oscars and many more nominations. Online poll vote as one of the best movies of all time.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
galadwen29
Animated Skeleton

galadwen29 has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

The lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring isn't just a fantastic fantasy epic- it is the fantasy epic! Every scene takes your breath away. Every character, city and troll rings true to tolkiens book. In fact everything is brilliant about this movie- the music, the actors, the scenery.......<P>did i mention it was a good movie?

"TOSS ME!"
galadwen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:29 PM   #5
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

An epic cinematic undertaking, the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is the first of three films based on J.R.R. Tolkien's classic novel. Featuring the likes of Sir Ian McKellen, Ian Holm, Hugo Weaving, Sean Astin, and Elijah Wood, and directed by Peter Jackson, this masterful reworking of the ever-popular book has been hailed by critics and Tolkien fans alike. The beginning of the trilogy, it follows Frodo Baggins, a young Hobbit from the Shire, and the Fellowship of the Ring on the first leg of the quest to destroy the Ring of Power, forged ages ago by the Dark Lord Sauron. The acting in this film is nothing short of brilliant, the scenery is magical, and the effects are mystifying. It was nominated for 13 Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Supporting Actor (Sir Ian McKellen), and left with four statuettes. This film is a masterpiece of cinema, and a faithful adaptation of Tolkien's beloved novel.<P>~*~<P>Too professional? Would you prefer something a little less stiff, a little more personal? Just tell me! I'm kind of in my element here...anything I can do to help!<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 11-24-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
Túroch
Wight

Túroch has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The Fellowship of the Ring is arguably the most sucessfull fantasy movie of all time and why not? It's based on the most sucessfull fantasy novel of all time. This tales lasting appeal is evident from the books status as a best seller even today more then 50 years after it was published. A tale this good is worth hearing.
For the valour of the Edain the Elves shall ever remember as the ages lengthen, marvelling that they gave life so freely of which thay had on earth so little. But it is not for thy valour only that I send thee, but to bring into the world a hope beyond thy sight, and a light that shall pierce the darkness." Ulmo - Lord of waters
Túroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:18 PM   #7
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I wrote a FOTR review for my school paper that never got published. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on my computer, which means it is still on the school computers. The soonest I am able to copy it on a disk and transfer it is in about a week and a half. Is that too late?
Old 11-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #8
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Dun-dun-dun-da, I now unveil the "Superlative Laden Review". People who dislike the movie may choke...mwah ha ha.<P>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<P>"The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring" is a movie that scales the entire spectrum of movie-making-magic. It transports viewers from a quaint rural village to locales such as the dark depths of a long lost underground empire and an enchanting forest realm, and far beyond. The care and detail given to locations, set designs and computer graphics make this world as real as it is fantastical.<P>This movie covers all ranges of emotions, but at it's heart it is a story of selfless brotherly love and devotion. It is a dizzying display of beauty, terror, and adventure, yet all these vast roller-coasters of extremes blend together seamlessly into a work of cinematic art. It manages to display fantastical creatures of myth and imagination with breathtaking special effects, while yet painting an intimate portrait of the lives, loves, losses and triumphs of people so real you could swear that you know them. The Lord of the Rings is rooted in a deep and timeless book; and like its inspiration, will not soon be forgotten.<P>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<P>Okay, so that's the "Superlative Laden Review". It wouldn't work well on its own, but it might be good coming after a more "plot summary" centered review. IMHO, anyway. (As long as you like superlatives, that is.)
Old 11-25-2002, 12:37 AM   #9
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

No that isnt too late Brinniel. I have three weeks to gather up as many film critic responses as i can. By the way guys they are all fantastic

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:06 AM   #10
kharank
Animated Skeleton

kharank has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - the first part of the most ambitious and eagerly anticipated movie trilogy the world has ever seen. Based upon the much loved books by JRR Tolkien, this epic tale sweeps through Middle-earth, a world threatened by the Dark Lord Sauron. The only way to defeat him is to destry the Ring of Power, which has fallen into the hands of Frodo baggins, a hobbit from the shire...now, a fellowship must travel to the land of Mordor, and attempt to destroy the Ring by casting it into the Fires of Mount Doom, deep within the Dark Lord's territory. Full of action, adventure, love and friendship, this is a movie the whole family can (and will) enjoy.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:45 PM   #11
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dűm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Lord of the Rings, the fantasy classic has been brought to the big screen. It brings out the child in each of us. This world is brought to life by the writings of Tolkien. And from these magnificent books comes the eagerly anticipated movies. The Fellowship of the Ring, the first in the series, winning 4 oscars, is a fantastic interpretation of the books and will remain a film classic among the ranks of the best.<p>[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: -Imrahil- ]