The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #1
the_master_of_puppets
Haunting Spirit

the_master_of_puppets has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe frodo was both the weakest and strongest person in the Trilogy?

I feel that Frodo was both the strongest and weakest members of the books.

I feel he was the weakest because i couldnt bring himself to kill, even when defending his beloved Shire, and he always seems to have given up but goes on simply because he just can and that it. He doesnt have hope or any real will to acclumplish anything, and in one way he doesnt in the end anyway (aclumlish anything).

On the other hand he was the strongest because no other could bear it as far as he with it having little affect on him. It would be wrong to suggest it doesnt affect Frodo at all, because we see him harsher with Gollum than we would expect in TTT, and in TROTK we see him snap at sam 4 example because it is eating away at him. It is a sad fact Gollum was needed to get the ring into the mountain, but i think if he hadnt been around Sam would have got it off Frodo somehow even if he had to throw himself in to protect Frodo an everyone else...

Which leads me on to saying Sam is a stronger person, personality wise, and he is one of the true heros of the book. In many ways Frodo is not the hero at all, and tho he perhaps doesnt get enough credit, he doesnt deserve as much as his friends who fought and risked their lives for everyone else. Which even at the end, Frodo proves he will not do.

Whats everone think of my ramblings?!
the_master_of_puppets is offline   Reply With Quote