The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #41
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Thanks, Esty and Mr.U for the link and the picture. I can't see those daring the "Atlantic" but then apparently the mad Celts sailed west in little corrigals. (And I will use sp? for corrigal as various versions of it canna be found in any online dictionary, nor my handy one, and I can't lug out my OED at the moment. so there )

The Vikings used a really neat way of slightly overlaping their timbers to improve the water-worthiness of their boats and so I wondered if Tolkien would be precisely detailed enough to work that in.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #42
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
(And I will use sp? for corrigal as various versions of it canna be found in any online dictionary, nor my handy one, and I can't lug out my OED at the moment. so there )
Coracle, perchance?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #43
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Can I bookmark you, Formendacil? Thanks.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote