The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 AM   #1
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Know Yer Mates, or a Member Above You

I'm in two minds as to where the following thread may belong, but, as it deals with people, it seems to suit in this here subforum more. Nevertheless, I'll gladly accept the decision to move it to Mirth in case such a decision is made.

So far with preliminaries, let me explain what it is all about. This is a kind of game I've spotted on another board, and there, in its turn, it appeared from somewhere else (the source was not provided). It was quite to my liking, so I've decided it would be nice to have something of the kind here too.

The gist of the thing is as follows:

The participants get to know other members of the board, having some fun along (I hope) The goal is achieved by providing fact or two about the author of the immediately preceding post. The facts which are exposed may be deducted out of author's other writings, found out by visiting member's profile or his/her homepage. Any information will do, but with a proviso - personal information, not otherwise published by the person you deal with, should not be revealed w/out permission (i.e., if you happen to know some of BD members IRL, do not reveal address, real name, age or any other information unless you know the person won't object).

So, participant number one gets 'squeled on' by participant number two, the latter, in turn, undergoes similar 'informing' by number three and so forth endlessly, unless we are bored or members run short

There is no prohibition on joining the thread several times, just try to have several posts in between your appearences. Let's say, 10 posts in between would be just to the T.

I will break said rule for the first time, just to let you have an example of what I'm driving to, so post number two will be by yours truly again

Let's go!

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 08-11-2004 at 02:45 AM. Reason: some clumsy expressions, did not like on second read
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote