Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #721
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
There have been 5 killed around the tunnel. There are 4 more there 1 took off toward the south. (?)
---------
That shoud leave at least 8 more slavers, right? Plus Imak.
---------
Edit: Actually, make that six killed around the tunnel...Khamir and Adnan each took out one. I think we're going to have to keep it at three. And perhaps no on should make it in time to help the women and children...and Rog and Aiwendil will have to save the day. Should be nerve-wracking enough, right?
If we have only three slavers left at the tunnel vs. 4-6 (depending from Dorran and Fewerth) of ours, our guys should stand a chance. If a couple of more slavers would ride in, it would make it much more interesting... What do you think? I could be ready to write parts of that fight with Beloan, Joshwan & co. now as Hadith is a bit out of the game. Although I would like to write something for Hadith too as something happens back there where he is with Athwen.

Foley: Is it possible that Athwen would try to help Hadith a bit? If he would regain some consciousness he might be foolhardy enough to try and join the fight as the slavers attack the women and the children (or look for Johari ).

PS. Rog and Aiwendil taking what, 10+ slavers... Quite a feat?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #722
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
... Although I would like to write something for Hadith too as something happens back there where he is with Athwen.

Foley: Is it possible that Athwen would try to help Hadith a bit? If he would regain some consciousness he might be foolhardy enough to try and join the fight as the slavers attack the women and the children (or look for Johari ).
I can try. His left shoulder is cut, right? The slaver swung at him, intending to cut off his head, and Hadith dodged, so it came at an angle and hit him pretty much right at the shoulder joint...or am I wrong? Was it below or above that? Come to think of it, we'd better make it below the joint or else I'll be at a loss as to what to do. It's got to be a pretty severe slice. How bad are you picturing it?

EDIT: Oh, yes, Durelin: I believe it was your idea to not have anyone else show up in time to help Aiwendil and Rog? Well, I for one can say that Kwell will not be there in time to help, except at the very end. Athwen will be present, but she doesn't fight, really.

-- Folwren
Old 12-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #723
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren

Rôg has made a brief reply to Athwen.....

In addition to horses, females are not his forté.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have it right that there will be @ 10 slavers + Imak who are heading for the women and children? Or have I overestimated?

~*~ Pio
Old 12-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #724
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Do I have it right that there will be @ 10 slavers + Imak who are heading for the women and children? Or have I overestimated?
I think the original idea was something like 10 after Athwen, 10 from behind and about the 5 left no one seemed to have an idea.

Now the 10 after Athwen have been accounted for and they seem to be busy fighting. Some are skirmishing with Nasim & co. (maybe these are from the 5 we had no idea?). So ten would sound reasonable, at least to my ears... Maybe not more, but 8-9?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #725
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If it's going to be about ten then I think I'll have Nasim and co. (and maybe Khamir) make it in time to help.

Unless Aiwendil is going to pull another trick from his sleeve. Rôg will certainly have plenty, but I don't think they'll be quite enough...

Or unless others simply get there first.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #726
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Anyhow, at this moment it looks like from the 10 original attackers (those who trailed Athwen):
1 killed by Joshwan in to the tunnel by spear
1 killed by Beloan as he tried to rise up from the ground
1 killed by the bearded one and Fewerth
1 killed by Dorran
X killed by those helping Carl?
Quote:
Actually, make that six (at least) killed around the tunnel...Khamir and Adnan each took out one.
Make that seven. Don't forget Shae took out slaver one near the tunnel.

Quote:
If it's going to be about ten then I think I'll have Nasim and co. (and maybe Khamir) make it in time to help.

Unless Aiwendil is going to pull another trick from his sleeve. Rôg will certainly have plenty, but I don't think they'll be quite enough...

Or unless others simply get there first.
Shae will be able to get there in time to do some damage, but she could definitely use the help of Nasim and Co.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #727
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. I will be posting soon to make the "final battle" in front of the tunnels...

There will be five escapees against three slavers. All the slavers will die, two of the escapees (Joshwan and Erlech) will die too and one (Fewerth) will be badly wounded.

Tevildo: Should Dorran pick Fewerth up as he seems to be the only wounded alive after this "tunnel-battle"? I'll end the post in such a way that you can bring Dorran in. Beloan and Qat ("the bearded one" as Hadith referred him to) are both NPC's so use them as you wish...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #728
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I must be dotty this morning. I just posted this on the game thread.... Try again!

A final showdown at the grove sounds great! We haven't had a concentrated battle scene where we're all together.

I am also going to pull in Lindir and the men he's stalking in the south. The elf will get a message from Aiwendil to hurry back towards the grove because of the dire situaton. He will be part of the final battle there. The slavers he's following will likewise hear Imak's horn and go tearing off towards the northwest. These slavers will get pulled into the subplot that Azhar, Aiwendil, and Rôg that is taking part on the outskirts of the grove....
Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #729
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

There is a quite bloody battle there now and the action around the tunnel has been put to an end. At least this far.

Just a small request to you fellow writers.

I have never tried a post like that before and I'm not sure how well it managed to convey the situation and what happened in it. In Finnish I believe I would have been able to make it intelligible with all the changing perspectives and so on, but in English I'm not so sure about it. I have myself quite a clear vision of what happened there, but I would be very happy to have some feedback from that. So did you understand what happened, was it clear or baffling? What was badly / wrongly expressed, which parts were more like messing things up rather than making sense? I would appreciate any feedback from this as it was quite a complex task to me.

Tevildo: Dorran might take it up from there now, I think.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #730
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
A final showdown at the grove sounds great! We haven't had a concentrated battle scene where we're all together.
You said it! I'm looking forwards to it. We'll just see who of our characters / NPC's make it there and what can they do!

And that idea still kind of talks on behalf of there being as many slavers as possible in that last fight (so at least the ten).
Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #731
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry, that I couldn't respond earlier to the vague number of slavers killed by Carl's archers. (I was near a computer very, very little over the weekend.) And I will be reading your post shortly Nogrod, so I don't know if what I'm saying now is at all relavant. But the archers might have killed as many or as few of the slavers as my fellow writers find convenient. But if they didn't kill many, they certainly wounded several of them.

The one confirmed dead slaver Carl was personally struggling with, would be Hamin, despatched courtesy of Kwell (with great thanks, I'm sure). And he was not from the grouping that charged the tunnel to my mind, but was with with one of the other two groupings.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 12-04-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #732
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Make that seven. Don't forget Shae took out slaver one near the tunnel.
I read some of the latest posts that I hadn't had but a cursory look before and I'm afraid we would have to make that count at least to eight or nine as Khamir and Adnan killed one together and we are led to understand that Adnan killed one himself (the one who cut his fingers).

So as it stands now, there were at least 11-12 riders following Athwen and they're all dead. This all has been written.

We seem to be pretty efficient bunch of escapees!

But I see that as no problem anyway. Maybe there were like 27 slavers to begin with?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #733
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Maybe there were like 27 slavers to begin with?
Sounds good to me. There's no way the group would've known the exact amount of slavers in the first place. I think they estimated 25, but they could've always been a few off.

I was in class when I started to think about what I was going to write next. I really want to bring back some characters that were included earlier in RPG, but haven't been mentioned in awhile, Reagonn in particular. Orofaniel dropped from the game some time ago, so would anyone object to me killing him off? It would add emotion particularly for Shae and Khamir, who have both known him for sometime, and it would prove that "the fifteen" aren't complete invulnerable. I have an idea involving him as part of the cavalry and joining up with Shae to where the women and children are. Of course, I wouldn't have him die until we reach the slavers in the final showdown.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #734
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Pio,
Sorry my post isn't done yet. I had planned to fill in Azhar's save today, but I've come down with a stomach bug. I'm going to call it quits for now and try again in the morning.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 AM   #735
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Hey Kitty-kat! Long, long shift at work. Take your time with your post - I'll be sleeping in tomorrow and then doing some holiday shopping....

~*~ Pio
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 AM   #736
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I really want to bring back some characters that were included earlier in RPG, but haven't been mentioned in awhile, Reagonn in particular. Orofaniel dropped from the game some time ago, so would anyone object to me killing him off? It would add emotion particularly for Shae and Khamir, who have both known him for sometime, and it would prove that "the fifteen" aren't complete invulnerable.
That sounds great to me. At least one needs to die out of "the fifteen," I agree. Yay, more angst!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #737
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #738
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Does your character need a little help, Tevildo? I hope you have something planned because neither of my characters are quite near enough to be of much use.

-- Foley
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #739
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A very good post, Foley! Indeed. I might have wished Hadith to be a bit more conscious to kind of make it beliavable that he somehow (even though foolhardly) would get involved in the battle to come. But I can make it in my own post for him, so you do not need to change anything...

But - and this for all!

Should we make an upgrade to the people we have introduced to the gang and who they are /were? And as Brinniel said, should we kill all those who have left the story? That would make sense as it could bring some attachments to the fore and at the same time solve the problem, what to do with people who are no longer written.

So how are these?
Orofaniel - Reagonn
Novnarwen - Aedhild

Just to make the overall picture...

I have introduced:
Beloan - alive and well, but at the tunnels right now.
Qat - the bearded escapee, alive and well, but at the tunnels right now.
These both I think are "good soldiers"

I have killed:
Joshwan: the pirate, a good soldier who met his end in the fight.
Erlech: An "original" slave escapee and a stern fighter, died in the fight.

I have wounded:
Fewerth: the nasty guy who tried to trick Hadith's blade to himself, making his best in the battle, fought to injury, trampled by a horse; needs to be taken care of (Tevildo / Dorran?)

Nothing definitive to say about right now:
Guilledean: a kind of a nerd but might be capable of something - with the archers.
Khala & Cuáran: the elder ladies who would be helping in all things possible (=no fighters but helpers, with the women and children)

-----
I saw a quite many of you to bring forwards some characters in the last posts. Please bring them here so that we can have a picture of them and the overall situation!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #740
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
A very good post, Foley! Indeed. I might have wished Hadith to be a bit more conscious to kind of make it beliavable that he somehow (even though foolhardly) would get involved in the battle to come. But I can make it in my own post for him, so you do not need to change anything...
Oh! I can change my edit, yes. I can do that quite easily. You can write a post but do so with the assumption that tomorrow (it's evening for me now...so about we hours from now, prob'bly) I'll edit it into my post that he was more conscious and responsive to the pain and what not. How's that?

-- Folwren
Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #741
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I'll edit it into my post that he was more conscious and responsive to the pain and what not. How's that?
Just great. I have no time to write anything right now as I need to get to sleep myself. I'll be back tomorrow, my time, RL.

But I would appreciate a few changes just to make Hadith a bit more conscious...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #742
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
So how are these?
Orofaniel - Reagonn
Novnarwen - Aedhild
Don't forget Nova's Eirnar, who is one of "the fifteen." I was actually debating killing him off rather than Reagonn, but I don't believe Nova officially dropped from the RPG, and though she hasn't posted in over two months, I've noticed she has visited the forum recently. Anyone know if she has dropped from the RPG for sure? Is it safe to kill off her characters? If anyone does write in her characters, perhaps it'd be best to put them together in the final standoff. If I remember correctly, Eirnar has shown himself quick to care for and protect Aedhild through her mental ailments. Hmm...it'd be interesting if Aedhild died and Eirnar lived... Anyone want to write this?

Anyways, I'm currently planning my next post. I think I'll have Shae approach the camp where the woman and children are from the north. Reagonn and another NPC will catch up to her, and both will later be killed. Are those three slavers (leftover from five) up north still there? If so, I'll create a little incident with them...
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #743
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tevildo's character, Azhar, will not need any help.....

Will fill my SAVE tomorrow.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #744
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Excellent, Pio! I'm very glad to hear it.

Nogrod, I have edited that post. Tell me if it's alright.

-- Folwren
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #745
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Anyone know if she has dropped from the RPG for sure? Is it safe to kill off her characters?
As she has not posted in some time, I believe it's policy that she has forfeited her character(s).

It might well be interesting to kill off Aedhild and leave Eirnar alive. Would he feel a mix of grief and relief? He'd be an interesting character to play after such a death. But it might also be interesting for Eirnar to die while trying to protect her, and in the end have them both die...

If no one else writes about them, and we could do with more casualties, I'll write up a death scene.

The NPCs I created recently:

Nasim - he loves peace, is not afraid to cry, and still has an obedient quality to him. He is one of the recent escapees. He is only minorly wounded.

Gamal - he rarely talks, is a very sober person who feels he should not get attached to anyone or anything because it will simply be lost again. He is one of "the fifteen," I suppose. Didn't really think about him much. He is also only minorly wounded.

Dead:

Zaki - Nasim's friend.

Last edited by Durelin; 12-06-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #746
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I put in a save. Hopefully, it will be filled by the end of the weekend. I would do it now, as I'm in a slightly creative mood at the moment, but I'm also very tired. I think I'm actually going to try to turn in early for once...and by early, I mean before 2am.

In case anyone's wondering, Syth is the other NPC I'm writing in the post. Not that it matters too much, as I will be killing him off. Though, when I come to think about it, we really should keep track of NPCs, dead and alive. That way when the battle's all over and done, we can figure out how many ex-slaves are left.

Quote:
If no one else writes about them, and we could do with more casualties, I'll write up a death scene.
Feel free to do so. I'd love to write it myself, but seeing my schedule I'm not sure if it's possible for me to post for any characters other than Shae at the moment. I'm overwhelmed with schoolwork until the 15th. Then on the 18th, I go home then leave again on the 22nd to spend Christmas in California until the 29th. (Sigh...it's insanity, I know.) After the 30th, I'm free to temorarily take on as many characters necessary, but I'm sure we'll be for the most part done with the battle by then...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #747
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Save filled.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #748
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Um...Firefoot...I think you've mis understood Hadith's position. He is far back agains the rocks, behind all the women and children, and fairly sheltered from the wind and sand. He is by three or four water buckets that are sitting underneath a large concave rock. So, he's not really in the middle of no where, and not very easily stumbled upon.

So sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #749
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oops. My fault.

Edit: post changed. Hopefully that's better.

Last edited by Firefoot; 12-08-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #750
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, my save is filled with a ridiculously long post.

Two more ex-slaves are dead along with one slaver. Shae's in a bit of a sticky situation, so if anyone wants to come and rescue her, feel free. She's very close to the women and children's camp, but looking at other posts, perhaps even nearer to Khamir and his companions. Though her injuries are only minor, Shae looks like a complete wreck and there's definitely no way she could fend off two slavers, so she could really use some help...
Old 12-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #751
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

SAVE was filled.

Azhar and little Tom are on their way back to the women and children with Rôg.

Imak is sorely injured but not dead. The two slavers who were with him are dead.

~*~ Pio

Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #752
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What can be done to move this forward a little bit? Athwen is waiting for the attack on the women and children or for more wounded people.

Kwell is...waiting for me to write about him. I'm waiting for the slaver's to almost finish their attack on the women and children.

Can something be done?

-- Folwren
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #753
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'll post to have the slavers attack the women and children if you're unable to, Child. Sorry, I've been rather busy, too. I should just be able to hit "send" tonight for the rest of my college apps (well, except one...but that can wait a little), though, and so I should have time to do a post.

If you'd rather do it, or had another trick up your sleeve, just let me know, Child.

My other option (or I could include this in my post along with moving forward with the battle) is bringing Khamir, Adnan, Nasim, and Gamal with Vror to where everyone's gathering for the showdown, but the timing in my head made it seem like they'd still be dragging poor Vror along when the slavers attacked. Could work out either way. If you'd like, I can have the guys arrive just a bit before the attack so Athwen has Vror to take care of, Folwren.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #754
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
What can be done to move this forward a little bit?
We need the attack... good if you have time to start it Durelin.

I'm having quite hectic days ahead but I'll try to write something pretty soon, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #755
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
If you'd like, I can have the guys arrive just a bit before the attack so Athwen has Vror to take care of, Folwren.
Whatever you like. I can wait.

If you do have them arrive a little before time, I'd like to know what all is wrong with Vror before I have to write about Athwen taking care of him.

-- Foley
Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #756
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Just so everyone knows, I've edited the last couple paragraphs of my post. I decided I should bring Shae closer to the women and children's camp- after all, that's where the battle is happening. It made more sense for two slavers to attack her there. So anyways, she is currently standing on the outskirts of the camp, which is why she doesn't see very many ex-slaves around.

Aside from the location, she still remains in the sticky situation she was in before the changes. Anyone feel free to rescue the poor woman...
Old 12-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #757
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Alrighty...

Please please, everyone, let me know if my post is alright!

Child - I kept things fairly vague, so anything you had in mind can hopefully be included easily in some way. I can always edit, or do away with what I've done entirely.

Folwren - I had the guys bring Vror to Athwen. Sorry I skipped on ahead to the slavers attacking, but if you'd like I can move the second half of my post to after any post you might want to do regarding working on Vror (or Adnan, since Vror's a tricky case).

As for what's wrong with him, I'm not exactly certain what the outcome might be, but he's suffered from lack of oxygen - not for a very long time, but long enough to put him out (and he probably got bonked on the head pretty good, too, by stuff), and possibly to cause a little damage in his brain. I'm not quite sure about that yet, but I think there shall be repercussions.

Now, I am not at all informed about everything lack of oxygen for a (short) period of time can do to a person, but I'm hoping that I might be able to take some creative license on this one and mess him up in a way that I'll like to write about.

Vror also has a few cuts on his head from sharp objects. He might have a massive splinter somewhere...yeah, somewhere.

Adnan's main injuries are gashes on his cheek, chest, and wrist (not too too bad) and two missing fingers (his middle and ring finger) on his left hand. He's lost quite a bit of blood I imagine. He won't die if Athwen doesn't get to him, though. He's a toughy.

Brinniel - Sorry I didn't have my boys help Shae out. I thought about it (would be especially fun for Khamir to feel a little high and mighty at having "rescued" her), but with everyone scattered, I figured I should get Khamir and them to the women and children in time to help hold off the slavers until the rest can arrive.

Again, everyone please let me know if there are problems with my post.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #758
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
There is to be an attack on the women and children, but is this to be carried out by all the remaining slavers? Or are there still a few elsewhere? Anybody have a tally board update?

Once again, Durelin, I'm posting this before having a chance to read your last installment. Hope that I'm not too far behind the times.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #759
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Sorry I didn't have my boys help Shae out.
It's okay. I'm sure there's a main character somewhere out there that can come to her rescue.

Actually, reading your post, I notice that you write that the battle has only just begun. Meanwhile, in my post for Shae, I've written so that the battle's been going for sometime. This can easily be fixed- I think I'll just bump my post down to the bottom. That way these posts will keep chronological and make better sense.

Sorry for all the changes on my post...I think this should be the last.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #760
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
First, everyone, thanks for keeping things going for the past few days, and I apologize for my unexpected absence. My mom is in her mid-nineties and every so often she needs some extra help keeping practical things on track. Everything is fine now, and I think I'm back in the saddle....

Durelin -- the post is great! I am overdue on something for Lindir and Aiwendil. But if I try to write one tonight I may fall asleep over the keyboard. Have erased my old save and should take a stab at a post tomorrow.