Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2004, 06:49 PM   #681
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Glad to have you back safe and sound Elora!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:47 PM   #682
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Must say that it feels grand to be back amongst such fine company. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Everdawn, an Aussie indeed I am. I think you're a Sydney-ite. I'm up in Northern Queensland, a veritable country away. Hope you fare well in bushfire season.

Just some notes on my tenuous plans for Naiore, Barrold, Vanwe and Menecin (did I forget a character on my writing list.....)

I plan to have Vanwe reach Rivendell in late dusk. The place will be in uproar with the orc incursions at the Ford and hence she will find Imladris remarkably quiet, with most attentions diverted to the impending threat. There, she shall wander close to her father's "cell", he shall sight her, raise hell thinking it Naiore, and bring to Imladris' attention the intruder. Vanwe shall be taken into custody in the resultant confusion, and there fall into a tried and true habit when jailed through mistaken identity: say nothing, do nothing, and let them figure it out for themselves as they tend to do with enough time.

What Vanwe does not know is that her mother's compulsion cannot be lightly set aside. It has it's barbs deep into her. Penned as she will be, Vanwe will be unable to eat or rest. No relief or succour until she has delivered her father to her mother. As a result, Vanwe's refusal to eat will be seen as a manipulation by the sons of Elrond and further count against her.

Menecin will be the only one who in the end frees Vanwe, establishing that she is not Naiore and is, in fact, his daughter.

Meanwhile, Naiore will move into action with the orcs. Battle is a dangerous thing for her. She will not fare well and will fail, driven off to hide and await the only iron she has left in the fire - Vanwe. When Vanwe fails to return, Naiore will take flight and so the hunt will be afoot again.

Barrold will endeavour to preserve his hide and make a profit by selling out Naiore to the first available person willing to pay something for the information. I was thinking of having him bump into Kaldir, which in turn would lead him to Naiore's whereabouts. Naiore will be after Lespheria predominantly, and will direct the orcs towards Kaldir's location.

Confronted by both Lespheria and Kaldir, spectre of her past, Naiore pulls back when she realises that this catch is too big for her with such an undisciplined force. The treachery of Barrold will have undone her, as will have Toby's. Everdawn, I don't know if you want Avanill to buy into Barrold's latest money making scheme or not. I'll leave that up to you.

Naiore's only consolation will be to kill Barrold herself, with her bare hands, before she is driven off to await Vanwe.

Now, they're just tenuous plans at best. Hope they make sense and fit overall with other plans.

Let me know if you think there's a snag or want to weave something into that for your own characters. Always happy to do that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #683
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Great to have you back Elora! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've put a post up for Léspheria if anything doesn't fit let me know.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #684
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It seems I have created a time warp! I thought Naiore's orcs were going to attack Rivendell at night, so I wrote my posts for nighttime. Now I see the battle is taking place during the day. Whoops! I will be performing a quick edit to put us all back on the same time frame.

It shouldn't affect anything anyone is doing now. It will just bring us all on to the same page, so to speak.

We are in the late afternoon outside of Rivendell. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Barrold will endeavour to preserve his hide and make a profit by selling out Naiore to the first available person willing to pay something for the information. I was thinking of having him bump into Kaldir, which in turn would lead him to Naiore's whereabouts. Naiore will be after Lespheria predominantly, and will direct the orcs towards Kaldir's location.
Elora - this sounds good to me. I have a few particulars to work out with Nerindel, but overall it looks good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:07 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 01-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #685
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Everdawn, an Aussie indeed I am. I think you're a Sydney-ite. I'm up in Northern Queensland, a veritable country away. Hope you fare well in bushfire season.
Nope, im Queenslander, im in Brisbane.

Ok this is what i was hoping for. IM thinking that Avanill realises that he is way too deep and for once *shock horror* he cares not for the money or for the things that Naiore said she could give him. He has long suspected that they would fail.

Now, i think he will put Barrold into a sleep or something soon (you know, like "hey Barrold, you look thirsty, here have a drink, sucker") and then he leaves them, and is captured by... (have no idea) but he spins this brilliant web of lies which will give Barrold's account no credibility- I was tinking somethign along the lines of, "elf magic" "he was really trying to rescue Vanwe, and tell some lie about how he loved her and wanted to rescue her and it's only now that he realised he cannot do it alone. He could then say Vanwe's gone mad, Naiore is contorlling her, she has been controlling all of them.

As for the murder of Tallas, he burned his shirt and there is no evidence that Avanill was involved, (he was smarter than this, and while the rangers know he was involved they cannot tie him to it,) besides, he will blame it all on Barrold.

And thats al ive come up with, how does that sound Elora?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-13-2004, 06:35 AM   #686
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
It seems I have created a time warp! I thought Naiore's orcs were going to attack Rivendell at night, so I wrote my posts for nighttime. Now I see the battle is taking place during the day. Whoops! I will be performing a quick edit to put us all back on the same time frame.
Ealasaide how do you make it afternoon?

Quote:
by early evening they could hear the crisp clear sound of the river Bruinen as it ran it's course to join the Mithiethel. (Amandur's post jan 3rd 10.50pm)
Quote:
The setting sun held not its exqisite wonder, but reminded her of the blood that would be spilled this night in their fair realm,
It would have also taken Toby some time to find Kaldir et all, he would have backtracked to their last known location then followed the trail to their current position, I thought they would hear the battle as they finish questioning Toby?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #687
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Okay... it's around dusk (which to my warped mind is late afternoon. Very late! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Does that work for everyone? I just initally wrote the capture of Toby to take place in the dark. I have since changed it to daylight.

Yes, that sounds good regarding their hearing the sounds of battle just as they finish questioning Toby. But, I would think Toby was nabbed before dark. On the other hand, if my post works better the way it was before, let me know & I can change it back. I seem to be muddying the waters when I was actually trying to clear them.

Ooh, Yikes! Nerindel & Hilde- Elora is sending orcs after us! Do we fight or make a run for it into Imladris? Or both?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:35 AM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 01-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #688
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Lemme know what how you want to handle the orcs that Naiore, not nice Elora ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), is sending after Kaldir, et. al.

If it's dusk, I shall write something for Menecin. I won't do anything for Naiore until I know how you folks are responding to the attack a little further.

Everdawn, fellow Queenslander, that plan for Avanill sounds great. I should imagine that when the chips are falling, neither Barrold nor Avanill will be minded to help the other fellow out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #689
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Oops! Sorry, Elora! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Naiore is sending orcs after "us!"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:53 PM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 01-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #690
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

My apologies Nerindel! I just realized that Toby is not even a "mite stout" so I have amended my post after finally unearthing his character description.

I had thought to bring Rauthain back down toward the road and find a few orcs on the way. If you would like for him to meet up with Avanill that would work fine for me.

He will be trying to find the rest of the rangers at that point.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:05 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #691
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

No worries Hilde [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Ooh, Yikes! Nerindel & Hilde- Elora is sending orcs after us! Do we fight or make a run for it into Imladris? Or both?
Toby will want to run for it, no doubt in that!

Dúlrain really really doesn't like orcs and will what to fight, but either Benia or Kaldir could convince him otherwise.

If Gilly needs a weapon before we reach Imladris Dúlrain could give her his companion sword it is slightly longer than a dagger, but surprisingly lighter, he would probably give it to her even if they decide to run for it, just incase [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #692
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Just checking in to tell you fine writers once again how much I am enjoying the development of the game.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-14-2004, 11:09 AM   #693
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Dúlrain, always such a gentleman, sigh.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Many thanks Nerindel!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #694
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Thanks, Pio! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks also for being such a good sport about time! (I know we are way overdue!)

Elora - yes, it is dusk. Go ahead with Menecin!

Also, Kaldir's group will make a break for Rivendell, but I expect them to have to fight their way through. I hope to get a post up for Kaldir sometime tonight to get it started.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #695
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

You're welcome!

And please don't rush the story to meet an arbitrary deadline . . . it's going along just fine.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #696
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Ah, marvelous! Again, many thanks! I hate arbitrary deadlines!!!! They put such pressure on a person... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #697
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Okay, my post is up. Kaldir & Co. are on the move, riding quickly in the direction of the river. They intend to cross north of the ford but south of the waterfall. They expect to have to fight their way through.

Elora - Naiore's orcs may attack at any time.

Nerindel - I hope I handled Dulrain & Toby in an acceptable manner. Please let me know if I need to change anything!

Hilde & Nerindel - I didn't know how to handle the bit about the sword, so I left it for the two of you to work out. I see it as happening anytime after Kaldir and Dulrain move to break camp.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #698
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OK, I've written a post for Menecin and Vanwe at Imladris.

As for Naiore and her orclings, I think the best way to do it is for those being attacked to write in how they deal with the attacks. That way, I don't god-mode your characters unsuitably.

So feel free to write the encounter for the perspective of your characters, as I think you each have the best feel for how orcs will challenge your character's abilities.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #699
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Quote:
As for Naiore and her orclings, I think the best way to do it is for those being attacked to write in how they deal with the attacks. That way, I don't god-mode your characters unsuitably.

So feel free to write the encounter for the perspective of your characters, as I think you each have the best feel for how orcs will challenge your character's abilities.
That makes sense to me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #700
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hilde, sounds great!
Im going to give Barrold the slip pretty soon, is that good with you Elora?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-16-2004, 01:31 AM   #701
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

oH BOY, Now i find myself stuck in the bush with no computer! Im back on Monday, which is in two days and i promise i have so much written but the disk it was on which i was hoping to post today doesnt work in this computer im on at my cousins house!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-17-2004, 09:55 AM   #702
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Very nice post Everdawn!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #703
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Thanks Hilde, The next post which im in the process of creating will have Avanill coming your way, so get ready. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #704
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok Everyone, Léspheria is finally in Rivendell.

Elora, I wasn't sure what you were going to do next with Menecin so if hearing and misconstruing his rantings doesn't work for you let me know. I just put it in so that when she hears the rumours we discussed, she puts two and two together and realises her error.

Ealasaide, your potrayal of Dúlrain and Toby is great! Thanks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:19 PM January 20, 2004: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 01-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #705
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Quote:
. . . Gilly dug her heels into the pony and shouting “for the Shire!” . . .
Go get 'em, you stout hearted Hobbit!

~*~ Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 04:14 PM   #706
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Many thanks to Ealasaide and Nerindel for helping give Gilly more of a backbone than she might normally have if left to her own devices! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #707
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hilde, ive posted. I hope the dialogue between our characters is ok, if it's not just let me know and i shall change.

-Everdawn

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #708
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

It is fine Everdawn.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #709
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I am trying very hard to get a post up from Kaldir, but it is giving me fits. I'll do my best to get something up today. Sorry for the delay!
Old 01-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #710
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Okay...my posts for Kaldir and Benia are finally up...such as they are. Again, sorry for the delay. It's been a tough week. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #711
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Since it has been 16 days now without a post to the game or even a note on the Discussion Thread regarding her absence, Elora is now officially missing in action.

In accordance with BD rules, Elora's characters can now be picked up and carried along by the other characters. Everyone, please be sure to continue playing her characters within the bounds of their character bios and the previous courses of action Elora has set for them. Pio has notified Elora of all this.

Elora - We miss you! If you happen to find your way back to us, please contact me about rejoining the game. Nobody else can write your characters the way you can! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 AM   #712
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Maybe her power got cut off! We have had really huge storms in Queensland at the moment. Ah well. Will post for Avanill soon!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #713
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Excellent posts, Hilde & Nerindel!!!

I will try to have something up in the next day or so in response.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #714
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Oh, I second that one Nerindel! Poor Dulrain! Actually, poor Benia & Toby too!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:56 AM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:16 PM   #715
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Just stepping in here for a friend. There is much going on with Elora since returning from the states, and I know from experience that its is sometimes hard to pick up writing in story suddenlike after time off. I will let her know she is listed as MIA, for I don't think she wants others to write her characters.

On my own front, things are such in RL where I may be able to write again on a limited basis. I wont get into any commitments, but will write in the Inn threads for a bit to try and regain my muse. I have a side story on what was up with Hanasían after his departure here.

Anyway, good writing all!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 PM   #716
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Good to hear from you, Snowdog. Yes, please let Elora know that she is missed. None of us are particularly eager to take over her characters because they are so uniquely hers.

At the same time, though, the story is just building to the final climax. We have been tying up quite a lot of space on the forum for quite a long time and the Mods are eager for us to finish. We need her NOW! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Please pass the word along and tell her that we are all hoping she will be able to finish the game with us.

(Unfortunately, until we hear from her directly, she will still have to be considered MIA. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

I'll be looking forward to seeing you & Hanasian around the inns! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:33 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 02-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #717
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Quote:
(Unfortunately, until we hear from her directly, she will still have to be considered MIA. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )
Yeah, I know, and she knows too.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #718
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please do understand that Elora and I have now been in contact. She is plowed under with deadline work on her novel for a number of weeks into the future, and cannot post to her games.

She does understand that the games must go forward, and that her characters will be handled as gently as possible.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:51 AM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-03-2004, 11:13 AM   #719
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Thanks Pio!

Towards the end of November myself and Elora discussed how we saw our characters unfolding as the story reached Imladris, she pm'ed me how she saw her characters progessing, which I will now in part (as most of that which we discussed has come to pass)post here:

Quote:
*Naiore finds things go ill for her. She despises battle. Vanwe has not returned. Her foes are drawing in. She finds herself surrounded by orcs, whom she detests, caught in battle which she loathes. It is all coming undone. Despair, bleak and cold, strips away all her calmness and in the midst of battle, Naiore is revealed for what lies at her heart, buried deep - an elf woman lost and snared in shadows. She flees as best she can, still hoping that Vanwe will return and with no option but to wait. The prospect of a hunted retreat looms before her. It is all coming undone.

*Vanwe finds herself in a secure cell of Imladris. She is soon discovered not to be Naiore. The sons of Elrond discover that within the first hour of her detention. However, Vanwe is not providing her captors with anything. Caught in a cell again, she draws within herself and refuses to speak, all food and water. Somehow, she believes that her mother will come for her.

*Menecin encounters his daughter as a last measure to break her silence. He saw her and uttered the cry that alerted the guards and has been clamouring to see her ever since. At first, he had thought it Naiore. When she turned, and he saw his own eyes (clear and not mad) gazing back at him, he was shocked to come face to face with his daughter. Elrohir and Elladan were stiffly reluctant to allow him to see her. It is Menecin that finally breaks Vanwes silence and starts to unravel the evil and lies that bind her.

*The orcs discover that their leader has left them to their own devices. faced by Rangers and Elves, they decide to preserve their own hides and themselves slip away as best they can, swearing oaths of retribution for the Elf that left them to die.

*Naiore realises she cannot wait any longer and is forced to run like a hunted animal. Her mood is dangerously bleak. She is a woman with nothing left.

*Vanwe proves herself her mother's daughter in her ability to rally back. When the hunt for Naiore resumes in Imladris, Vanwe insists on coming with them. With them also travels Menecin. He is strangly calm and reasonably lucid, but not entirely sane. It is his daughter that achieves this.
I hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #720
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Thanks, Pio! It's good to know that Elora is off working on her novel, which is positive thing for her. I was afraid something awful might have happened. Very glad to know that all is safe & well!

Thanks, Nerindel! That helps quite a lot.

Okay, gang... our work is all set out for us. Let's keep the momentum rolling and give this wonderful RPG the strong ending it deserves! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:37 PM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]