Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #3561
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
More to come between Saeryn and Thornden later. Tomorrow, maybe. I wasn't expecting that post to be mostly about Thornden thinking about Rowenna and Nydfara.

And Firefoot, as to Leof and Quin, I left it open for Leof to say something to Quin or follow him, or whatever. Elempi suggested they have a little competition trying to get someone to dance with, but I really don't know how I'd start such a thing. Kinda at a loss about how young men tease each other.

-- Foley
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #3562
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Really quite simple Foley, "Bet you can't get her to dance with you".... "Oh yeah? I'll show you." and so on.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #3563
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*chimes in from the midst of forgottenness*

Although you seem to be having perfectly well enough fun on your own I can see Quin going out to look for Tyrdda a good spot for interacting with somebody again. But for that matter, the most interesting probably is the mere fact of poor Quin walking out and finding Tyrdda in discussion with Hilderinc - now that opens so much space for misunderstandings or whatever, so if it comes to that, Foley (or whoever's characters still go out there), don't hold back with anything that might come to your - or Quin's - mind!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #3564
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Although you seem to be having perfectly well enough fun on your own I can see Quin going out to look for Tyrdda a good spot for interacting with somebody again. But for that matter, the most interesting probably is the mere fact of poor Quin walking out and finding Tyrdda in discussion with Hilderinc - now that opens so much space for misunderstandings or whatever, so if it comes to that, Foley (or whoever's characters still go out there), don't hold back with anything that might come to your - or Quin's - mind!
Sounds good, Legate. Do you want us to contact you when it comes to that? Or are you keeping an eye on this?

-- Foley
Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #3565
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Sounds good, Legate. Do you want us to contact you when it comes to that? Or are you keeping an eye on this?

-- Foley
Thanks, but I think it won't be necessary, I am more or less keeping an eye on this, even at the moments when I am not exactly reading everything, I at least check the thread if I don't spot the word "Hilderinc" or something else that might be relevant. So I'll keep watch
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #3566
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot/Scyld
What a woman.
lol.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #3567
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There. That should give Scyld something to think about, as well as Quin when he comes back in to see his new friend dancing with the femme fatale.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #3568
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmm... what is Rowenna going to say to Léof? Not sure. I'll have to think about this. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #3569
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Hmmm... what is Rowenna going to say to Léof? Not sure. I'll have to think about this. Any suggestions?
That the weather is great today.

There's the obvious "what do you think of Nydfara"... or the beaten up "what do you think of Eodwine's return"... Or, for something more original, you could turn the talk to Thornden and Saeryn. Or Falco. Or the going-ons outside of the Meadhall (Rowenna came from Edoras? Or from Minas Tirith? She could talk about that).

That's my two cents. Hope it gives you some ideas.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #3570
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks, G55! That helps. I'm sure I'll find something out of your helpful list.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #3571
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, so hope I didn't misuse Tyrdda too much and/or embarass/confuse Léof
Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #3572
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate? It was Quin who stumbled upon them, not Leof.

-- Foley
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #3573
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Legate? It was Quin who stumbled upon them, not Leof.
Oops. No idea how that came. Or, okay, I do have an idea how that came, since the two of them hang around with each other all the time But anyway, duly edited

The funny thing is, before I started writing that, I checked which one of them that was, since I wasn't sure back then - and apparently still messed it up. Ah, whatever.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #3574
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Had to fix the co-post thusly.

Quote:
"No more doubts, Ginna. We will do this together, yes?"

Ginna said nothing, choosing instead to return Harreld's embrace. She did not know how many seconds, minutes, or hours they had stayed that way when a thought came to her.

"Harreld?"
Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #3575
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, Harreld and Ginna are happily engaged (congratulations, you two), the conversation and witty sparing between Nydfara and Rowenna appear to be finished...

What else needs to be done before we pass onto the next day? Tomorrow holds some interesting things for us and our characters - G55's characters' introduction, for instance, and Eodwine's redress of the issue concerning Scyrr and his insult. So, I'm excited to move forward.

And Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

-- Folwren
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #3576
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
What else needs to be done before we pass onto the next day?
Thornden and Saeryn's dance. *hint hint*

Happy Thanksgiving to all who give thanks this weekend!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #3577
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Thornden and Saeryn's dance. *hint hint*
*sigh* I was hoping ya'll would forget that.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #3578
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
*sigh* I was hoping ya'll would forget that.
Not a chance.

Also, Harreld and Ginna need to make an entrance as beaming dancers that will get everybody else wondering. I intend to write that from Eodwine's point of view (at least for starters). And Léof still has to respond to Rowenna. Not to mention Quin and Hilderinc and Tyrddha (unless that happened and I haven't seen it yet).

Okay, they did. Just as I thought. My turn. Might not be today... Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #3579
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm okay with moving to the next Day. All we have to do is narrate some fitting conclusions to various conversation lines and call it a Night.

Firefoot, how would you feel about Léof telling Rowenna his story might take some time to tell and in the middle of a dance is not the best time, or something like that?

Are there any other plot lines that need to be put to sleep for the Night?
Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #3580
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
LMP, sounds good. I can wrap up Leof and Rowenna's conversation in my next post. Leof's not terribly forthcoming about his whole story anyway, so that would work well.

Also, how long of a jump do we need to make? I don't know that we necessarily need to go on to the very next day... maybe a week would be better, let things settle out and give characters time to process recent events... unless there are things that actually need to happen on the next day.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #3581
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The only thing that really needs to occur is Eodwine calling for discipline to be applied to Scyrr. If that's it, I'm fine with writing that in retrospect.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #3582
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What Elempi mentioned may be only one thing, but it's better than having nothing to go on, which is probably what we'd have if we skipped a while - besides G55's character coming in. With this Scyrr issue to deal with, we at least have a spring-board for ideas to come from.

Besides, what's the fun of writing stuff after everything's settled down? I think it'd be fun to see writers write their character figuring out what they think of these recent events.

My two cents.

-- Foley
Old 11-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #3583
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, that's fine with me too. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I wrapped up Leof and Rowenna; I'm ready to move on to the next day.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #3584
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm ready for moving on, too.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #3585
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, I'd like to request a slight adjustment to your post in regard to Rowenna's words.

Quote:
“Some other time, then, you must tell me,” Rowenna said,
Could you please change this to:
Quote:
"Some other time, then," Rowenna said,
You see, she's very careful about making demands on others.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 11-26-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #3586
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Ah. Sure, no problem.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #3587
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I will someday find what date it is and put that at the heading of my post...

I don't know if Lhuna is around to take up conversation with Saeryn. Do you know, Elempi?

And I imagine that most of the men won't be up for a while. It's probably something like five o'clock in the morning, and still pitch black outside. I say, skip however many hours as necessary to make the household stir.

-- Foley
Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #3588
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yes, Foley, she is around. Barely, but she is.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #3589
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yay! I'm glad of that.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #3590
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think I killed it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #3591
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What do you mean? The thread? I've been busy. I'll get around to it.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #3592
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Same. I have a ton of papers due the next couple of weeks, so I've been writing like mad... just not writing anything fun.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #3593
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Just today I started thinking about how I'd like to write an Elf - having him visit Scarburg, just passing through on his way to the Sea, taking one last look at what Humans are doing.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #3594
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, that would be cool, Elempi.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #3595
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Well, I'm back... I'll start writing something for Ledwyn when time permits...

And and Elf would be fun indeed.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #3596
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's great to see things are going on around here! Kudos for you all!

I think it is the first time in about three months I've gotten to the 'Downs. It has been a much too tight a fall for my taste. But no can do.

Anyway. I'll try to steal time to read what has happened since I've last contributed (it seems to be about four pages of the actual story) and I do hope - *fingers crossed* - that I might have time to contribute something more steadily once again from a week or two onwards.

If there is anything I should know apart from what has happened in the story itself, I'd be thankful for getting a short briefing about the general ideas flying around...
Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #3597
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, how fortunate to have you back! Apart from what you read on the thread, there's really nothing going on that you need to be briefed on...so far as I know, anyway. Some interesting things happened before the dancing started at the feast, though.

-- Foley
Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #3598
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Welcome back, Nogrod!

Do I need to do a character descrip for this elf? I suppose I will, considering I don't know how long he'll be visiting...?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #3599
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Elf

Okay, this may be a bit of a rough draft, but I want to get it up now.

Name Laerdil (song lover)

Age/Gender/Race/Where from: about 7 thousand years old, born in the First Age, of the Nandor (of the Teleri who never crossed the Misty Mountains), has lived long in Loth-lorien.

Appearance very tall, black hair, sad grey eyes, lean and not broad of build, looks very young until one searches his face. He wears an Elven cloak so that he is not seen unless he wants to be. Carries a long knife at his belt and bow and arrows. Also carries a harp and pipe.

Personality/Bio: Laerdil is a lover of songs, and plays and sings. He has lived in Loth-lorien almost his whole life. He has been involved in a few wars and has survived with minimal wounds in any of them. He did take a spouse and they had a son and daughter, but he has outlived them all. His wife was slain by orcs early in the 3rd Age on the edges of Lorien. His son died in the Battle of Dagorlad. His daughter took ship when Amroth drowned in the sea. He stayed so long out of love for Lorien and loyatly to Galadriel. Now the one fades and the other is gone. The Elves are leaving Lorien or they face fading themselves. Laerdil has determined to follow his daughter over the Sea. But having never wandered far during his life, he has decided that he will see what Men are making of Middle Earth. He has left Lorien and has come south into Rohan, traveling mostly at night for love of the stars.

The names of his wife and children will come later as needed. If anyone has questions that may aid me in filling out this description, more, please feel free to ask.

---

Linked ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #3600
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It's a funny post, Firefoot, and I wouldn't ask you to change it for the world. But did you know that left and right footwear only came to be around 1850?

http://inventors.about.com/od/sstart...ns/a/Shoes.htm