Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Tolkien The Psychotic Elf (Continued)

(OOC: I have started this topic; the last one was waaaay too long. Now, we shall start where we left off. We have mounted our horses and are about to leave Ithilien towards Rivendell.)

Calad stared blankly at Collette, and gripped tightly onto the bay horse. The horse's ears lay flat against her forehead; she was annoyed by this. The elf could not see this because Thengise was sitting in front and was obstructing view of the horse's head. Thengise noticed this (sorry to post for you, Thengise, but I am trying to keep her personality consistent with what you are posting), and tried to calm down the horse. Calad let go, and leant forward.

The sun's red cap could hardly be seen, glowing strongly against the burnt orange sky. The clouds were huge and black, looking like something out of a nightmare. It was creepy, yet beautiful, and the stars were beggining to awaken from their daylight slumber. As the sun disappeared the moon took over. It was a full moon, round and yellow; it gave off a pale blue-golden light that highlighted the forms of the travellers. Soon Calad noticed a few shadows standing near him. They were the shadows of men who had come to watch them leave. Calad stared back at them and their eyes, which stood out from the rest of their bodies. The horses ferreted at the ground, tossing their heads, and whinnying impatiently. But Calad did not really want to go, even though he knew that he would never be healed if he didn't go to Rivendell.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-27-2002, 01:07 AM   #2
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Eye

<<It's ok Fifth I don't mind>>

Thengise waved goodbye to the men as they began to go forward. They were finally leaving Faramir's home, in which they had long stayed due to the many injuries of the group. As the horses rode on, Thengise looked up at the sky to see the stars, which were now spread across the sky. She loved the stars and watched them silently. Thengise would often look back at Calad to give him a warm smile. After what seemed like days of riding the sky grew very dark and night came on.

"We should make a camp and rest,"Kalia said to the group as she stopped at a clearing surrounded by trees. "Yes, your right,"Thengise said softly as she jumped off of her horse.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:39 AM   #3
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

Sorell rode slowly, wincing from the wounds. His horse plodded steadily, keeping him at the back of the group. He had not yet asked Calad his question, was still trying to find the courage.
He watched Nayru and Collete ahead. They seemed to be getting quite pally.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:03 PM   #4
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

The group began to make a small camp. They tied their horses to the tree, but gave them enough slack so that they may run around. The faeires flew out to get firewood. Soon the whole group was sitting around a campfire. Thengise passed around some lembas, seeeing as how everyone looked hungry.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:45 AM   #5
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad took a lemba, and ate it quickly. He heard the fluttering of wings as the faeries set off to gather firewood. They would soon return. The elf glanced briefly at Thengise and Collette, still eating, and then looked at the ground once his and Thengise's eyes met. The sky was deep navy blue now, with small twinkling dots spread out across it. Fireflies also hovered by; they resembled small yellow stars seperated from their kin in the sky. One floated past Calad's face, illuminating his eyes and making them shine as if it were day. Then it was dark again.

Soon the faeries returned, carrying bundles of twigs and sticks, some dead and some still living. They set it into a pile and soon sat down to join the group. At last, they had a fire going. It flared up and quickly devoured the sticks. Occasionally a faerie tossed another stick in, and soon conversation started. Calad only partially listened, staring into the heart of the sun-colored flames. He realized that there was much more light in the world then he had thought; there was the light of fire, the light of the fireflies, the light within his eyes, the light of the stars, and the light of day.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-28-2002, 09:05 AM   #6
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise quietly ate her own lembas. She looked around at the forest then set her eyes on Calad, who was also looking up at her. He removed his eyes from her yet she kept watching him intently. The fireflies lit up his hazel eyes. It gave his eyes so much light, which made her smile. It was getting very late so she got up and said,"Losto Mae(sleep well)." With that she jumped into a tree and sat there quietly looking at the stars and their beauty.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:12 AM   #7
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad sat there, his chin on his knees, listening to the crackling of the fire. It relaxed him a bit, as well as the singing of the crickets. He watched as Thengise leapt onto a tree-branch and gazed at the stars. Calad slowly stood up, breathing heavily as the wind blew and the smoke drifted towards him. He walked over to the tree, leapt upon the branch which Thengise sat on, and stared at her. Unfortunately the branch was too thin to bear the weight of both elves, and soon it began to crack and creak.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-28-2002, 09:20 AM   #8
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise smiled to see Calad as he jumped upon the branch. She quietly sat there as she looked at the stars and often turned her gaze towards Calad, who also watched her. The silence was broken when she heard the cracking of the branch. She looked down to see that the branch was beginning to split. She quickly and lightly got up, and jumped to the next branch which was thicker. She motioned to Calad that he should follow before the branch broke off.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

Collette awoke bearily from the rustling of leaves and cracking of branches. The branch above her face suddenly collapsed, only giving her enough time to roll away.

She laughed bitterly " oh this adventure is just too much fun" she said sarcastically, a hint of crankiness of being awoken and attcked by trees.
" cut it out you two" she said rolling away, and tugging aimlessly at her blanket which had been trapped under the branch.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:00 PM   #10
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad did not notice quickly enough to jump away from the falling branch. He fell around fifteen feet, doing a flip in the air and landing on the branch on his back, accidently kicking Collette. He shouted in pain, then slowly got up, with his back jerking spasmodically. He was quite shaken by this, and could hardly move. He looked at Collette, wide-eyed.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #11
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise looked down at the ground in shock. She quickly jumped down at helped Calad to his feet. She looked at the two who seemed to be in pain. "Are you two ok?"she asked.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:07 PM   #12
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad did not stand up, even with the help offered to him. He made a slight sound, and tried to lean back. He winced, then decided to stay still. The elf looked up, at Thengise, as if expecting something, but seeing here do nothing but stare back, he looked straight into the crackling fires. Collette did seem to be in pain; he had kicked her with a grazing blow. He clamped a hand around the fallen branch, then attempted to heave himself up. This did not work either, it hurt too much.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-28-2002, 07:56 PM   #13
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette got up. " Im fine." she said, only concerned about the safety of her blanket.
She helped calad up and over against a tree, where Thengise cared for him, and she proceeded at tuggling her blanket from the tree once more.
After freeing her blanket, she noticed that her leg, just below her skirts, had a purple bruising cut that was gushing the dark maroon of her blood.
"what do ya know", she said vaguely and went over to the stream nearby to mop it up.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: ColletteTook ]
Old 08-29-2002, 12:50 PM   #14
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise kneeled down by Calad who couldn't seem to get up. He winced as she touched his leg. "Oh I'm sorry, it seems you have badly injured your leg,"she said softly. She called to the others who helped her drag him by the fire onto her cloak which she had laid on the floor. She sat by him and began to wrap his leg with some cloth she had found. He lay on the floor wincing from the pain. "I'll be right back I promise,"Thengise said softly as she went towards the stream."Are you alright?"she asked Collette.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:59 PM   #15
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

" yeah, im fine." said collette,wrapping her leg in badages. "its kind of deep, but not an arrow wound" she said pointedly, shifting herself, as not to present the same target to her elf friend. She laughed. " go help Calad. im fine."

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: ColletteTook ]
Old 08-29-2002, 03:47 PM   #16
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

((OOC: Collette, may I suggest a spellchecker? This is not a chatroom. And also, Thengise, your post was fine, but it was not what I had in mind. I was thinking that Calad broke his back in the fall. Ah well.))

Calad lay on the cloak, his leg wrapped in cloth. His leg had been a bit hurt by the fall, but it was his back that hurt the most. As he drew up to watch the others, he heard and felt a large cracking noise coming from his spine. He grimaced in pain, then lay back down. The elf was frustrated by this new pain, the not being able to stand up. His chest heaved up and down in anger.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-29-2002, 03:54 PM   #17
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

<< sorry! i will check my spelling before i post from now on! its just that, i type really fast, and my fingers fumble when im trying to think as fast as my fingers are moving hehe! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] >>

Collette came back to the campsite and observed Calad, so obviously in a frustrated upheaval.He had been hurt before, but had never been so frustrated.
"Whats bothering you Calad?" she said, quickly thinking back to her medical supplies, in case he was injured any worse.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:24 PM   #18
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

((Ah, but your mind and your fingers are but two seperate things.))

Calad turned to look up at Collette. He made a gruff sound, and squirmed, but that just made the pain worse. "Too much! Too much!" He stood up, quickly, shouting more from the sudden movement. There was a grinding sound eminating from him, he stood hunched over, with something protruding from his back. He crumpled back down to the pine-needle blanketed ground.

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-29-2002, 06:48 PM   #19
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

<< yes, but my mental "defficiency" is really none of your concern if it can be corrected, which it can>>

Collette winced and shut her eyes as she watched what looked like a bone poking from his skin. She wasnt sure, but it made her shudder deeply at the thoght,as she called for thengise and Kalia to get a cloak, a blanket and a large quantity of bandage.
Thengise came running to her aid with a blanket, in which she took the utmost care of being gentle as she wrapped him in it.

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: ColletteTook ]
Old 08-30-2002, 11:49 PM   #20
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

>I just realized this was here. Thanks for continuing it!<

Kalia looked up and brought over her own cloak as she heard Collette calling to them. She she grimaced and looked away when she saw Calad's back. She hated the sight of bones. It was a childhood fear. She gave her cloak to Collette and quickly walked to a tree, climbing in it and looking away from the gruesome sight.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 08-31-2002, 12:00 AM   #21
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette rolled him over, fighting him silently and gently trying to pry his mouth open to put in the sleeping liquid once more.

'we have to push this back in" she said wincing a bit, after making him drop off into oblivion " or he wont be able to walk."
Old 08-31-2002, 12:21 AM   #22
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad fell asleep after the liquid was forced down his throat, and soon became limp in his sleep, although his back twitched slightly. This allowed the companions to do what they wanted. The elf still made noises in slumber, having elvish dreams mixed in with the painful memories, which in turn made the dreams confusing and lost and helped to guide Calad along the path to insanity. It was now almost mid-night, and the waxing moon shone as brightly as the stars.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-31-2002, 01:04 AM   #23
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette worked on Calad late into the night. When she had finished, she had Kalia and Thengise help her tightly wrap him wtih bandage around his middle.
They waited for him to wake up, leaning up against a tree talking in low and subtle voices.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:27 AM   #24
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad awoke only around a half-hour later. He found himself tightly wrapped in bandages, and a dull pain in his spine. Angry again, he clawed off the bandages, and thrashed around, murmuring, "Too much... too many..." Although he was fully awake, he still had sad and tired look to him, and the light in his eyes began to flicker and fade a bit.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-31-2002, 12:21 PM   #25
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

Umm...will you please approve me? I posted my pro on Middle Earth Adventures ages ago!
Old 08-31-2002, 12:58 PM   #26
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette leaned against the tree, exaushted form lack of sleep as Thengise rushed over to clam Calad. She wondered vaguely where the faeries had gotten to, before she sleepily closed her eyes and dozed; when Kalia re entered the clearing saying "everybody up! we have to start early today!"
Collette groaned loadly in protest, as she had only about 30 seconds of dozing.

<< halbereth, r u ever comeing back to hobbits and elves rpg?>>
Old 08-31-2002, 01:03 PM   #27
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

>Yeah, I've joined too many rpgs to keep up with. I might have to kill myself off in some of them.<
Old 08-31-2002, 03:19 PM   #28
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad stood up slowly, only barely managing to stand. The bone could only be seen as a slight bump now, but he walked strangely, hunched over so that the bone protruded more. He listened to the faerie's announcement. Today was the day that they would set off once more to Rivendell.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 08-31-2002, 03:24 PM   #29
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise grabbed Calad by the waist and put his arm over her shoulder. She helped him walk over to her horse. She jumped up onto the horse and helped pull Calad onto her horse behind her. She looked over at Collette who looked very tired and was having problems mounting the pony. Thengise smiled as Kalia helped the hobbit onto the horse. She turned back to Calad and asked,"Are you ready to go?"
Old 08-31-2002, 03:28 PM   #30
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette muttered a sleepy "im ready" << LIKE SPONGEBOB!>
and fell asleep on the pony as they began their next days' trek through whatever, Collette never knew. Her undirected pony began trot off course, so Thengise sighed heavily and grabbed the reins, trying them to her own, as Collette slept.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:32 PM   #31
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad mumbled, "Ready..." He stared back at Thengise, then looked away to his side. He still hurt badly, but he tried to ignore it. He watched the pony drift off, and then being tied to Thengise's horse's reins. The light began to return just a bit, and soon the horses began to ride at a brisk trot as their reins were pulled upon, with a snort and a whinny. The trees and scenery sped by as the horses sped up to a gallop.

[ August 31, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 09-01-2002, 02:37 AM   #32
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

>Ooops, sorry! Thought I already approved you! Go ahead, come on in!<

Kalia looked around at everyone and saw that they were tired. She sighed and wished that she could let them rest, but they had spent too much time at Ithilien. She called out in faerie language and all the horses fell into line behind hers.
"Sleep while you can, your horses will follow mine. We stop and make camp later," she told the others, averting her eyes from Calad. The bone, though now back in him, lingered in her mind. She shuddered and turned her head back to the road, slightly yawning.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 09-01-2002, 02:45 AM   #33
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette mutered something that sounded like " yes brownies...mmm and cakes...and pie and MUFFINS. ahhh..." in response to Kalia obviously having some wonderful bakery fantasy.
They marched onward, as one by one, the others dropped off to sleep as well, waiting for the hour to come when they could finally lay ther head and rest; their *possibly* final destiny: Rivendell
Old 09-01-2002, 03:00 AM   #34
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia heard Collette talking in her sleep and smiled. What a crazy hobbit, she thought to herself. She turned and called Collette's horse closer.
"Collette, you are one strange hobbit," she whispered, slipping a few pastries into her friend's backpack.

Who are you?
Old 09-01-2002, 03:11 AM   #35
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette grinned maniacally into her ponies neck and mutter half-conciously " woudlnt be here if i wasnt strange....- yes, a blueberry one too please...hrm?" the rest of her sentence was giggles and munching on her fingers, obviously convinced that they were a pastry of some sort.
They rode on.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:57 AM   #36
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

No, you didn't. But I'm here now!

Amyn rode through the air on her purple steed. Senouce the dragon shot flames through the air and soared off to the left. Brushing the treetops with her tanned feet, Amyn noticed a small group of people down below. They seemed to be in dificulties.
"Bru ed, mi ase lrel. Bru ed. Gir kedas mye." whispered she to the dragon in her native language, faery. (This way, my noble steed. This way. But quietly now.)
The dragon veered downwards, silently as the dove. He landed in a tree, barely shaking the branches. Amyn climbed off, stuffing her brown hobnailed boots into a knapsack, then cast a quick spell, making herself as light as air. She floated down to the company, who were facing away from her on their horses. One seemed to be in great pain. A few looked very familiar. Amyn made herself into the air itself and walked round the company, to just in front of them.
"It really was usful," she reflected, "To have these elemental faery powers."
Amyn flicked back her dark red hair and appeared in front of them, so suddenly that a few horses reared in surprise. Amyn tucked a few odd, flyaway strands of hair behind one ear, then hailed the leader of the group. There was definatley something familiar about her, although Amyn could not see the face, as it was in shadow.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:32 AM   #37
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Calad clung tightly onto Thengise as the horse reared up in surprise, but soon the horse stood on the ground again. The elf glared at the person who just, quite literally, appeared in thin air. "Who are you?!" he shouted, the light beggining to fade from his eyes. Curious to know, he slide off the steed, and crept closer as he had done when the companions first met him, with a stern look on his face.

[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 09-01-2002, 08:49 AM   #38
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Tolkien

Amyn grinned widely. "Queen o'Mirkwood, ask your friends. I think they know me!"
"Why did I say that?" frowned Amyn to herself. She crossed her arms tightly and let her face return to its usual blank expression. She rarely smiled, it kind of looked unatural.
"And you?" she asked grimly. There was a defiance in her bright silver eyes, challenge and anger. She tossed back her long hair and waited.
When there was no responce, she frowned and repeated her question.
"Who- are- you..." she intoned slowly. Still, no reply. The elf stared at her, weaving back and forth as though he had just come off a swing and was still rocking from the motion. Amyn growled in frustration and stalked off, head held high. She was not leaving them, she was testing to see if anyone would come after her. Singing in her magnificent voice, yet under her breath; for she was shy about it, she strolled along the path, away from the huddle. Someone did come after her, but not who she expected...
Hey, Fifth, I hate powergaming, so I only put a tiny bit in for your character. Hope that's ok?
Old 09-01-2002, 09:04 AM   #39
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

((Yes, it is okay, but I despise powergaming as much as you.))

Calad watched silently as she walked off, singing, and decided to follow her, not bothering to ask the others. He crept behind her, growling softly, obviously not liking this new person. Most of the people he had met when he was wandering alone in the wild were evil and corrupt, and this misled him into thinking that everyone was evil except him. However, meeting Thengise and the companions shifted his heart a bit, they were the only ones that he trusted slightly.

He stopped a couple of feet behind her, as if waiting for something. He walked strangely, as he was still injured, and he would be this way for a long while. Then, with his keen Elven eyes, he noticed something purple, but he took it as a mountain, and ignored it.
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
Old 09-01-2002, 11:02 AM   #40
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Tolkien

Oh, good!
Amyn turned slightly to see who was following her. It was like playing a game of peek-bo, not wanting him to see she was looking. She turned a different way and whistled slightly. A big purple something flashed in the corner of her eye. It seemed to be a wisp of cloud, yet moving far too fast. What could it be? And then, Amyn realised...
"Get down, now!" she barked. The company ignored her. Amyn yelled out in exasperation and flung herself to the ground. They'd be sorry they didn't do the same.
I'm not sure what it is but it's dangerous.