User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2002, 03:51 PM   #201
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Celebmundoiel, on top of the roof, looks straight into another room. “ There’s Azruk!” exclaimed Celeb. She quickly got up and ran across the rooftops again. She was not noticed by any one, she was like a shadow in the night. When she came to the room where Azruk lay in she fell to her knees only make a small noise. She carefully peeked over the edge looking for a map or a battle plan…
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:22 PM   #202
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Elenna looked out her window, searching desperately for something to take her mind of the troubled state of her mind. She found it immediately. Aman and Therin were walking through the trees together, apparently engaged in friendly conversation. She even saw the surly dwarf laugh a few times, and even Aman cracked a smile.
"My world really is crashing down around my feet. Elves and dwarves being friends, me following in the footsteps of Tinuviel. I don't understand one gods cursed instant of my life anymore."
Old 05-30-2002, 05:28 PM   #203
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

"Your world isnt crashing, its just, well odd, thats all." Ala said. SHe stood at Elenna's door way, and smiled.
"Ah, well that is true, odd indeed. So why have you come my friend?"
"Can't i just come in and talk to you?"
"Yes, but now is not the time."
"I know that and i didnt come to talk, i came to tell you that Therin and I had the same vision, Azruk is coming, and it isnt pretty, and i fear that if we dont gather soon, we WILL fall. And Celeb is missing, she went after him, but i dont know why."
"Yes i know she is gone, she is a fool. But it is her path she choose. And i know that we also need to gather, we'll start tomarrow, before dawn."
"Alright i will tell every one to be ready," SHe turned to leave, and then stopped, "Elenna you need rest, i will take care of the rest tonite, sleep, you look horrible." And with that she left.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:45 PM   #204
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fëa was sitting in her room, crying. She was thinking about what had happend in the war so far. They were terrible thoughts.
She thoughht to herself:'My cousin was the only friend I had all of my life, and now she's gone to Rivendell to get herself captured or killed, like my father.'

"Fëa, are you Ok?" Aduchil walked in and set on the bed next to her.

"Yes." At that moment Ala walked in.

"Fëaelenawen, Aduchil! We will go to war at the break of dawn tomorrow. You need to get your rest. Goodnight." She walked out.

"Goodnight my dear." Aduchil kissed Fëa's cheek and went to his room.

"Goodnight." Fëa called before she laid down to rest. To rest for a day that she would killed the horrible beast that captured, or worse, killed, her father.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #205
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna slept uneasily. Her rest was haunted by dreams and memories; the face of Azruk, her sister's blood on the ground. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. Getting out of bed, she pulled on her traveling clothes; a sky blue tunic over navy leggings. She climbed out of her window, creeping over the trees. She saw a fire up ahead. Beside it sat Therin. He was moodily smoking a pipe, staring into the flames. Elenna leapt from the tree, landing at his side. She didn't realize how much she had startled him until she felt the edge of his axe against her throat.

"Oh, it's you, maid. What do you want?"
"I couldn't sleep."
"Oh. Neither could I. Afraid of the battle tomorrow?"
Elenna thought for a moment - did she dare tell this dwarf what was in her heart?
"Yes. Not of the battle, but of failing again. Of watching my love die before my eyes. Of seeing the Ring of Water captured. Of seeing Azruk spill more blood of those I care about."
"Well, lassie, I won't let that happen. You have my word as a son of Moria."
Side by side, elf and dwarf sat, watching the flames flicker late into the night.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:12 PM   #206
Alkerin

Pipe

"Many a brave warriors will fall in tomorrows battle." said Therin. "Then you are scared?" replied Elenna. "Yes and no. Even the bravest of Dwarves have fear. There is much pressure on myself over the rest of my comorades. Leading an army has a lot of pressure on it. Don't worry though, without a doubt we will be victorious, or I'm an elf! Care for some pipe weed?"

"No thank you. I can understand where you're coming from. I have learned much about your race these past days. You aren't as menacing and cruel as I had reckoned. I guess you're right about tomorrow. I will be honored to fight at your side." said Elenna.

"Very well then lassie! This battle will be a momentous one. Oh, there is one other thing that has been troubling me, what is the name of that hobbit that I have seen roaming about?" inquired Therin.

"Oh, I see you have taken notice of Rosa! Yes, she is very nice. You seem to have taken an interest in her?"

"Yes, but don't tell anyone. I have never really been attracted to Dwarf women-beards on females has never really been very attractive." he said in a low voice. "All is well then. Get some rest there, lassie! I would imagine that a lady-commander such as yourself will need it!"

"Thank you, Therin, this has been a very delightful chat. Oh, and its Elenna" said Elenna. "Oh! Yes yes, very sorry there lass--err I mean Elenna. Good night to you!"

At this Elenna left, and Therin continued to smoke his pipe, and he had proceded to sharpen Dólinstàg.

Old 05-31-2002, 03:55 AM   #207
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

A spasm shivered through Thrakatburz's body, and she felt her concentration waver. She realised for the first time how weak she had allowed her body to become and she struggled with it, to regain control. Turning her concentration back to Amanaduial, she felt resistance, the elf knew she was there and was trying to push her out. It took all her power to mantain her grip on the witch's mind. Suddenly, the pressure was gone. There was no longer any resistance, and Thrakatburz allowed her consciousness to flow into the spces in Amanaduail's mind, but she knew she could not stay there for long, the distraction could end at any time. She did not stop to analyse what she saw, she simply gathered as much information as she could. There were however places she dared not go, in case she revealed herself to her enemy.

Thrakatburz's eyes snapped open, images of dwarves, elven archers and the halfling flashed before her. Her breathing was quick and uneven and even as she opened her eyes, she felt another spasm shake her body. In the calm after it had subsided she stood, once more in control. She needed to eat something, but she knew there would be nothing suitable in Rivendell, and first she needed to tell Azruk what she had seen. She opened the door of the chamber to see a scrawny orc sitting outside.
"Where is Azruk?" she asked, her voice proud and commanding. Humburz was shocked, he had not heard the elf stir and had thought her still in a trance.
"Gone to the camp" he managed to stutter. Thrakatburz let out an involuntary sigh, there would be suitable food at the camp she was sure.
"Saddle me horse" she ordered the orc.
He had no choice but to obey and soon she riding towards the Fords of the Bruinen.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:11 AM   #208
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëaelenawen could not sleep, so she decided to wander around a bit. She didn't want to be noticed, so she bore no candle. She could not see a thing in the darkness.

"Elenna? Is that you?" Fëa could make out a shadow that looked like a body.

"Fëaelenawen! What are you doing out at this time of night?" Elenna came into more focus.

"I could ask the same of you. I could not sleep. Dawn approaches and I am worried."

"Everyone is. I could not sleep either. I went and talked to Therin. Guess what he told me!!" Elenna sounded a little happier as she walked up to Fëa.

"What? Tell me!!" Fëa didn't know if she felt worried about what Elenna was about to say, or if she was excited about it.

"He likes ROSA!!!" Fëa and Elenna burst out laughing. "Rosa!"

"Oh, well goodnight, Elenna. I think I can sleep with that in mind."

"Goodnight Fëa. We will see each other in the morning, on the battlefield." Elenna and Fëa walked their separate ways towards their rooms, still laughing.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:02 AM   #209
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala sat quietly on her bed. She closed her eyes, and concentrated on finding Celeb. Her mind searched, and searched.
"Ahh, there you are." She whispered. She went into her dreams, and talked to her,tho she spoke aloud.
"Celeb, you MUST NOT kill Azruk. You are not aloud. He will kill you first. Elenna is going to kill him, and no one else. I will come after you if you try. We need you alive, Celeb. We need you ALIVE. You are to come back to us, or you will face severe consequences...Come back Celeb, come back." Ala's voice faded, and she fell back on her bed. SHe opened her eyes, and looked at the sky, the sun was sending its first bright rays beyond the horizon. She shook her head, and sighed. It was going to be a beautiful day, but in her eyes, the sun did not deserve to see such pain.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:10 AM   #210
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

The next morning dawned golden and perfect. "Ironic that the storm of battle happens on such a beautiful day," Elenna said to Tiri as they stood in a clearing, waiting for Aman to show up with her army of archers. Tiri was going to accompany her, to find Celebmundoiel and attempt to infiltrate the army of Mordor with magic.
"Where is Aman? She is late!"
Old 05-31-2002, 09:19 AM   #211
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Are the archers ready?" Ala asked.
"Yes, i'll wait for Aman, and you go get your horse ready." Ala nodded, and ran to the stables. She grabbed her tack, and set it down next to Zephyros's stall.
"Hey boy, ready for battle?" He shook his head, and pawed at the ground. She went in and patted his neck and fed him a small apple, she got from the kitchen. She began to quickly brush him down, and he nickered softly. She picked his his hooves, and then put the saddle on. She tightened the girth, and then put the briddle, and led him to where Elenna was, and Aman had finally showed up. Past the clearin the Archers rode towards them.
"Ok guys mount up, the archers are all yours." Elenna said.
"Bye Elenna, i'll keep in touch." Ala said. She sat tall and pround her big black horse.
"Goodbye Elenna, and good luck." Aman said, and then turned to the archers, who had halted behind them,"Alright, Follow me!" She yelled at them, and spurred her horse into a canter, and Ala followed, and rode in sync with her. The archers followed behind.
Elenna stood and watched them go, a bit worried.
"They will be fine." Glorfindal came up behind her and held her.
"I no."
Old 05-31-2002, 12:12 PM   #212
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The sky seemed to roar in agony as the clouds split and sent forth such a torrent that many of Illuvatar's creatures ran for cover, and many of Melkor's looked to the sky in scorn. Today would be the day...the day that all would be decided. "Thrakatburtz!" he roared of the raging wind. "Come out and play, Thrakatburtz!" as soon as he said this, she appeared, calm amidst the chaos. Her eyes held his, her grim face white against the black of her hood and hair.

She smiled wickedly, lifting her hand to show the wicked, serrated knife. With one finger, she beckoned him and he ran at her, roaring like an angry beast, his eyes glittering with an ancient rage that had been stoked in his heart for centuries. "Come, Keldin. Come and die." She called to him, coaxing him with the knife.

Keldin whipped the knife at her, the edge of it whistled by her face, Thrakatburtz dodged it, bring down her own knife. The giant elf caught her wrist, trying to crush it with his broad hand. Bringing her free hand up to his chest, she let the energy surge from her soul, to the tips of her fingers and felt his grasp loosen as he fell to the ground. "Keldin, did you think that you would survive?" She whispered softly, dropping to her knees to gaze in his eyes.

He struck feebly with the knife, his great strength waining. "No, I...didn't..." He whispered softly, as he looked at the knife she held against his chest. He gasped as she drove it into his ribs, the searing pain ricochet up and down his body. "Sil...uailwen..no..."

When the knife was buried to the hilt in his chest, he collapsed heavily against her, pressing her into the mud. "You thought that I would simply forget? Forget what you did to my family, Keldin?" She whispered hatefully.

Shaking his head, softly he answered "It was not....not I....I did not...it was...father..." He drifted in and out of the black void, knowing when he did submit to it, it would take him away to Mandos' halls.

"I know Keldin." Thrakatburtz said, squirming around to let his head rest in her lap. "I saw that it was you who stood powerless as my children were struck down. But you did nothing, and that is your fault."

Shaking his head, his tears mixed with the rain, and the mud "Mellome..." he whispered with the last breath that he drew and then, he faded like a dieing star. His eyes stared lifelessly at the pewter skies, the same color as his eyes; yet, and yet, the skies now had more life in them, for no longer would he ever love and cherish, dream or create. He, Keldin the great warrior of the past, was dead.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:51 PM   #213
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman felt frustrated. She was in a prison in her own mind and she banged against the bars, only to be rewarded with the soft laugh of the enemy in her mind. She could only watch as Thrakatburz strode confidently around her friends, as if she herself was Aman! However, what her enemy hadnt realised was that this worked both ways, and Aman saw through her eyes too; they had effectively swopped places.
Keldin...the knife.....Thrakatburz....
"Did you honestly think Id let you survive, Id forget after what you did to my family?"
She slid the knife in.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Ala stopped and stared at the witch who had been acting so strangely as she screamed in despair. Falling to her knees, the elf knelt, tears falling down her feet. For a strange moment, Ala saw a flash of anger shoot across the tears before it was gone, along with the strange arrogance, and Amanaduial was left. She strove to control her tears and a clearness came over her face. Ala ran over, crouching beside her, and Aman looked at her, speaking in a whisper.
"She killed him. She killed...keldin..." Her voice broke as she spoke, but was now she was not sobbing any more.
"Who?"
"Thrakatburz!"A snarl almost rose out of Amans throat. The dark sorceress would not get into her mind again. She stood and faced Ala, still speaking quietly.
"Alatiriel, you must promise me that if you feel anything strange in your mind, tell me. Any alien thing, any darkness-" A flash of panic went across Alas face; she could not tell Aman about the darkness inside her. As if sensing this, Aman put her hand on Ala's arm and looked into her eyes. "Please just humour me. I feel the darkness as well, but if this....thing....gets into your mind, it will feed on it. Trust me." After an anxious moment, Ala nodded at Aman, who smiled back.
She smiled sheepishly at the archers behind her; Thrakatburz would not try to enter through them, that she was fairly sure of. As she mounted her horse, she reminded herself to keep a strict feel for that in the future. As if grasping an imaginary weapon, Aman muttered to herself.
"Well dark one, two can play at that..." They rode on, and Aman felt a quick flash of her enemys anger...
Old 05-31-2002, 02:26 PM   #214
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Celebmundoiel felt drowsy on the rooftop. She had not slept and it was now getting to her. She was half asleep when she heard a voice, it sounded like it was right beside her. She got up startled and spun around looking for enemy. She came very close to the edge without realizing it. Then she slipped and began to fall towards the ground. Luckily her hands caught the edge that she slipped off and as quickly as she could she pulled her self up. “I will not come back, nor I will not kill Azruk. Elenna may have him I was mearly listening for something important to be said so I could bring back to everyone. I am not one to stay still and wait, you must understand that ummmm who ever you were. I will wait for the people to come to Rivendell because I might over hear if they know where you’re coming from. I am more use here than there” she quietly scowled. Celebmundoiel realized she had not been talking to anybody and she felt a bit foolish. Celeb lay on the rooftop, she yawned as her eyes began to close. Then she quietly fell asleep.
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #215
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

It was close to mid-day wen they finally stopped.
"Aman, are you ok?"
"Huh? Oh, ya, fine." SHe looked a bit preoccupied.
"Aman, What evil am i supposed to know about?" Ala asked.
"Ah, that would be Thrakatburz. Becareful Tiri, She may try to ensnare you because of..." She drifted off not wanted to upset her friend.
"Yes, i know, becuase of the darkness inside of me. She will probably try, she knows of my ancesters, and how evil they were. I curse them everyday, and i am ashamed of my heritage." She said not meeting the eyes of her friend.
"Alateriel, you need not be ashamed. You didn't kill those people, you were only a little girl. You had no control over what happened. Let it go." Aman soothed her friend.
"I know..." She turned in her saddle and looked at the archers who sat on the ground quietly talking and eating. SHe sighed and jumped off her horse, led him to a tree, and untacked him. She sat down next to Aman, and ate her food. SHe was deep in thot, and thot of her past.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:05 PM   #216
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

OoC- Italics are Fëa talking to herself

Fëa was on her horse Condelia following the other Elven Archers.

If I die, I will be with my father. I know it! I just wish that when I was young I would of been around he and Celeb more. I will never see Celeb again. I will fight for them.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:05 PM   #217
Alkerin

Pipe

The light of dawn had just come over the horizon, and Therin's army was already in formation. They had heard word from a scout that a rouge band of orcs were marching in that direction, and they were ready. Set in the standard Dwarven-war-formation, the Dwarves were poised for battle. Therin was at the lead, with Dólinstàg in hand. Just before the orcs came into view, Elenna came dashing to the front line.

"Greetings, Therin!" cried Elenna. "Hello there lass-err Elenna! What are you doing here? Isn't your battle in Rivendell?"

"Didn't I tell you that I wanted to fight with you and your army? I wouldn't miss seeing your dwarves fight for all of Middle-Earth!" said Elenna.

"Alright, but this is only a glimse of what the main battle in Rivendell will be like. Ready dwarves! Draw weapons!" Cried Therin. "Here they come! Wait...Wait..."

The Orcs were advancing, and had just spotted the army of Dwarves. The archers had begun to fire their gruesome arrows, and the others were starting to advance. At that, Therin bellowed, "CHARGE!!!"

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Alkerin ]

Old 06-01-2002, 02:47 AM   #218
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil walked up next to Fea's horse.
"I will leave you now. I am going to be at the dwarves when the battle begins. They are people to my liking, and I think my sword will be most useful there. You will be safe with the archers."
"Don't worry about my safety. I'll be alright."
He smiled to her and kissed her cheek.
"I know you will."
Then he walked over next to Therin.

"I hope you do not mind that I position myself here. SO far I have done little for Rivendell, and I think the battle will be hardest here."
Old 06-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #219
Alkerin

Pipe

"CHARGE!!!"

The battle between the Dwarve and Orcs at Lothlorien had begun. The first wave of orcs was charging towards the Dwarven battle formation, and the front line of Dwarves were returning the attack. Orcs were dropping left and right. Therin and Elenna were fighting side by side, while Aduchil was fighting a little ways off. Dólinstàg was constantly in motion. Somehow it seemed like the orcs were trying to get to Therin more than anything else!

Suddenly a huge, viscous orc charged behind Elenna. She was fighting vigorously at the time, and didn't notice it until it was right upon her. It looked like there was no hope for Elenna until suddenly Therin leapt infront of her and hewed the head right off the orc. The orc was dead, but Therin had received a gash on his arm from the Orc's sword. "Therin! You saved my life! But are you alright?" said Elenna. "It was nothing. You would have done the same for me, I imagine. As for me, I will be alright--I think. That is if the blade wasn't poisoned, as orc blades often are. There will be time later to check it out. Now on with the battle!"

The orc forces seemed to be depleted, and it looked as if a victory was at hand. The dwarves began to cheer, when another wave of orcs came into view. The majority of the first line was gone, so the second line had advanced to the front. "Oh no!" cried Elenna. "Ah, the fun has begun!" replied Therin. The battle raged on, and Elenna and Therin continued to fight side by side. Aduchil came by now and then, but served a greater asset on the other side of the battle line. He had only received minor scrathes, but other than that he was unscathed. The battle continued for some time, and finally the orc forces were just about eliminated--they had begun to retreat. The dwarves had begun to cheer, but Therin yelled to them, "Hold your lines! They may return with reinforcements!" The army waited for a sufficient ammount of time, then finally left. There would be a great party that night. There were quite a few casualties for the dwarves, but even more for the orcs. Approximately 30% of the Dwarven army had been eliminated. The orcs, however, received about a 90% casualty rate.

The victory had been achieved, and all went back to their quarters with a triumphant manner about them. The injured were treated by the Elven doctors, (who have always been very skilled in healing). Therin's cut had been poisoned. It was a poison that had never been seen before. The doctors had done all they could do to heal it, but it was still iffy. It took Alateriel to finish up the process. "Thank you Ala, I would've died without your help. And Elenna, it was an honor to fight with you at my side today. We make a great team!" "You are most welcome, my little friend." said Alateriel. "I'm glad you will be alright, Therin." said Aduchil. "The honor was mine, Therin. You are truly a great warrior. I guess good things come in small packages!" said Elenna. "You'd better believe it! GREAT things come in vertically-challenged packages!" replied Therin. All was well for the moment, but something was puzzling Elenna: it seemed as if the orcs were all trying to get to Therin. Why?

Old 06-01-2002, 09:12 AM   #220
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil thought over this for a minute.
"I also noticed the orcs were focusing their attention on Therin, but I have no answer to it. What could have made them change their strategy? We must stay alert! I doubt that we have won yet. The Uruks are still out there, and until they see Azruk's body they will continue to fight."
Old 06-01-2002, 09:15 AM   #221
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOC. Keldin's daughters are angry...they want in...they told me so. *nods* yep.

Daelothwen and Sillothwen's horsemen rode into the camp as the Dwarvin army took their victory, beside the main commander of the army stood the head of the dwarf army, and the two sisters trotted to the commander in their black armor and green cloaks, their high elfin helmets gleaming in the sun.

"Who might you be?" The elfin maiden asked cautiously, eyeing the two as they got off the horse.

Slowly, the dark haired elf pulled off her face mask and then helmet, she knew that the woman recognized her immediatly by her looks. "I am Daelothwen." The dark haired elf dropped to one knee in the mud, her helmet in the crook of her arm.

The other followed, dropping to one knee, her brilliant silver hair gleaming in the sun "I am Sillothwen, we are the daughters of Keldin, the last of the Siltarsul."

"Why have you come?" Elenna asked.

Standing to her full height, Daelothwen looked down at the elf woman "I am here to avenge my father, and kill whatever I can." She growled angrily.

Elenna nodded, unable to surpress the smile that blossomed on her face. "Good."

"We come with eighty riders from the Grey havens and Mirkwood combined." Sillothwen added, standing beside her sister.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:14 PM   #222
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Before they had parted, Aman had found a way of linking with Elenna, in much the same way as Thrakatburz kept forcing herself to, but in a gentler, more amiable way; it was also much easier for Aman, as Elenna hadnt got any barriers up, although she was embarrased at that, for it somehow seemed to be taking advantage. Elenna was fine with this, glad to be of service in any way that would help both her friend and their joint cause.
As Ala go up after the short break they had had, she turned to Aman and was surprised to find her seemingly talking to herself, with her eyes closed, pausing in between as if listening.
"How goes it my friend?..."Ah, I see....Hah, yes he is a great fighter isnt he?....Oh?...Hmmm, I see...why though?...No sorry, Im stuck for ideas as well...I cannot talk any longer, it is unfortunately too much of a strain...Im sorry....yes...good luck!"
She opened her eyes and jumped slightly, surprised when she saw Ala sitting so close, her hand on her knife. Ala backed away slightly anxiously. Realising who it was she smiled sheepishly and took her hand of the knife. Ala looked questioningly at her, inquiring with her eyes about the "conversation".
"Sorry my friend, I had a link with Elenna, but its gone now; too much of a strain too keep that up along with the defenses against...her." She paused then laughed. "Im sorry Ala, Ive just realised how ridiculous I must have looked!"
"Well, you said it Aman!"
"Ah! IM insulted at you Alatiriel!" They laughed together for a moment, but Ala still seemed anxious. She cannot let go of her past....that mush we have in common...
Aman was not brilliant at being emotional in this way at the best of times, but recently she had had so many doubts of her own that she felt stupid to be so totally at loss.
Getting up she pulled Ala up with her.
"Come on, we need to keep going! Well never get there if we go at this pace." Ala smiled faintly and Aman looked into her eyes.
"Everyone has their demons my friend...i pray you shall not have to face yours too soon as well..." She stepped away and mounted her horse, smiling at Fea, who was near her, also mounting. Even Fea is sad....I shall be glad when we can rid ourselves of this darkness!
"Come my friends, to Rivendell!" She set off, her horse cantering, Ala and Fea beside her.

OCC: God Im so sorry, I really didnt mean to quote Angel there....it just fitted in....anyone mind if I leave it there? Sorry really!
Old 06-01-2002, 04:45 PM   #223
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna concentrated hard, but she could no longer feel Aman's presence in her mind. Both relieved and a sad, she turned back to the daughters of Keldin.
"I was most grieved to hear about your father. He was a great warrior and a very courageous person. We will sing songs of him on winters nights if we live through this, and die with his name on our hearts if we don't." Realizing how much of a speech this sounded, Elenna added "And at least we can take a few with us."
She was amazed by the force these two maidens had amassed from the Havens and Mirkwood. Thousands of elven warriors, mostly archers. Very few of them had horses, but that wouldn't be much of a handicap. For the first time in quite a while, she thought that this battle might be won after all. Therin the Dwarf came up behind her and affectionately patted her arm.
"Quite a force yer leading, lass." Elenna had given up telling him to call her by her given name. "So, we march soon?"
"We march in 2 days, if not sooner, my friend. Prepare yourself. It will be a long walk, or would you prefer to ride on Celebdae with me?"
"I will walk, lass. A commander cannot avoid a hardship that he makes his troops face. Remember that."
Old 06-02-2002, 07:20 AM   #224
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa rode next to Aman on one side with Ala on the other. The Elven Archers were going to Rivendell.

"Do you think my father is dead yet Aman?" Fëa asked Aman.

"No. Lord Elrond is strong. He will not let himself die a horrible and tortured death without saying good-bye to his children first. Just believe Fëa."

"Aman, It's not that easy, thinking your father could be dead. I never spent any time with him when I was young because I was foolish and moved to Mirkwood because I didn't get any attention. That was a big mistake."

"Everyone makes mistakes Fëa." Ala commented.

"I know. I am a strong Elven Archer. I will fight until I die."

"That's the spirit Fëa." Ala and Aman smiled at each other.
Old 06-02-2002, 07:57 AM   #225
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil rode up next to Fea and Aman.
"Just a question: Are all these elves under your command Teleri, or are there also Noldorne amongst them? And if there are, then were do they come from?"
Old 06-02-2002, 11:05 AM   #226
Alkerin

Pipe

Therin and Elenna continued their conversation:

"Therin, there's something that I've been meaning to ask you." said Elenna.

"I'm very sorry lass, but a relationship between an elf and a dwarf just wouldn't work out. I think we're best off just being friends and partners."

"No no no!!! Its about yesterday's battle! I noticed something about the way the orcs were attacking... it seemed like they were going for you. Why do you think that is?"

Therin, feeling slightly embarassed, replied: "Elenna, there is something about me that very few people know. You must SWEAR that this will go no further than you and I, and maybe Alateriel or Glorfindel. Do you swear?"

"Therin, you should know that you can trust me to not say anything that is told to me that isn't to be said! Tell me this secret."

"I am the bearer of one of the 7 Dwarven rings." said Therin in a low voice.

"But wait! Weren't those all eaten by dragons, or reclaimed by Sauron?" said Elenna.

"Assuming that you know somewhat of the story of Bilbo and my grandfather Thorin's adventure many years ago, you would recall that Bilbo had taken some things from Smaug's lair, right? Well, one of the things that was found was one of the 7 rings. Bilbo gave it to my grandfather as a gift, because he showed so much interest in it. Thorin accepted it greatfully, and when he died it was passed on to my father, and then to me. I am very upset at the fact that the enemy is aware that I posess it."

Elenna was shocked. Therin? Bearer of a Dwarf-ring?

Old 06-02-2002, 11:17 AM   #227
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

It was nearing midnight and the force of elven archers moved on. Ala turned her head, and listened to a few of them complain about not stopping, it was getting on her nerves. She brought Zephyros to halt, and Aman stopped too.
"EXCUSE ME!!" SHe turned her horse to face the company, "I am sick and tired of hearing you all complain. If you are to tired, and to WEAK to continue, i suggest you turn back. We are not here to complain and grumble, we are here to fight. Look, I'm tired too, and so is Aman, but we have a war to win here people!!! We HAVE to save Elrond, and we have to WIN. I for one, do not want to become one of Azruk's slaves. It is up to you if u want to leave, or stay and fight, but if you stay, DO NOT complain." She turned her big black horse around, and continued.
"Dont you think that was a little harsh?" Aman asked.
"No, they have to quit whinning." Ala stated bluntly. "Tell Elenna to we will arrive in the morning."
"Alright, but Tiri, you need to relax."
Ala just rolled her eyes, and continued on.
"She seems a bit upset." Fea whispered to Aman.
"YOu would be to if you were her." Aman replied, and they continued in utter silence, and complete darkness surrounded them.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #228
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa, feeling slightly bored now her cousin frodo and his friends had gone, walked up the a nearby hill to view the sights from there. Of course nothing could be seen because of the trees but Rosa could hear the songs of the birds and see them in flight from there.
For the hobbit, the days seemed to grow longer and the nights shorter. She never got much sleep now and the days seemed to drag on forever. Her pale face was a normal tanned colour again but her eyes where blood shot and red just like the red of the orc draught.
She never touched the draught nor think of it if necessary but she always kept in by her bed hiding it if she thought she needed to for the others. She had always thought of what it tasted like. Was it as horrid as it smelt or was it sweeter than honey when tasted?
Old 06-02-2002, 01:16 PM   #229
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"YOU would if you were her!"
Aman snapped at Fea and immediatley felt bad about it. She too was getting sick of the complaining coming from the ranks of archers. She was even snapping at the amiable Aduchil, who had ridden up to ask whether all of the people she was leadin were teleri elves or whether there were some Noldorne there as well. Angry at not knowing she had snapped at him; how did she know? And what use was it anyway?
She was now trying to haughtily ignore him...without much success. Still she had never been a big one in the apologies department.
She was also upset as she had no idea where Rosa was; had she gone with Elenna? Aman worried about the hobbits state- she seemed to be acting very strangely when the bottle of blood was involved, almost as if it was revered and close to her. Precious to her- Aman smiled when this brought thoughts of young Frodo and the fellowship, even that arrogant elf Legolas. Returning to Rosa, she offered a silent prayer to Yavanna that nothing would happpen to the young hobbit....
Old 06-02-2002, 06:20 PM   #230
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Aman, have you talked to Elenna yet? I mean we are almost there, thank the gods for that." Ala asked, with her eyes have closed as she relaxed, and followed the rhythms of her horse.
"Yes, she says hi, and have fun burning the orcs." Aman said with a smile.
"Ah, yes fire, my best friend." Ala smiled, cuz Elenna knew how much Ala liked to burn things.
"You scare me sometimes, my friend." Aman said with a laugh.
"Dont worry, i wont set on fire, unless, you start to annoy me." She said an evil grin. Aman just laughed, and looked ahead, and stopped. She held up her hand, and the company halted.
"Look, we're here." Fea said quietly. And they stood looking down into Rivendell. The lost, havock-wrecked Rivendell.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:49 AM   #231
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman stopped laughing suddenly as she stared down to the once beautiful estate of Rivendell. The domes were shattered and uncleaned, the waterfall had been clogged up by dirt and rubbish, the exquisite carvings smashed and defaced. Around her she felt the same silence and feeling from the small army behind her.
"By Manwe..." Fea muttered shocked beside her as she looked at her once beautiful home, and tears began to run down her pale face. Aman put her arm around her before suddenly stiffening and pointing slightly to the side to a ridge.
The others followed her pointing finger to see what was oming over the ridge.
This was a terrible army,but what was leading it was worse.
The creature raised its head and they felt the evil staring out of that hood.
"By the Gods....a Nazgul!"
Old 06-03-2002, 05:45 AM   #232
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna sharpened Lalaith in slow, measured strokes. The army was marching this morning. She sheathed her sword and began to braid her hair into the thick plait reaching down to her waist. Over her head, she placed Tinuviel's circlet, feeling a shiver run down her spine as she thought of Galadriel's mirror.
"It doesn't matter. I can change what I saw. I won't let him die."
Tying off her braid with a leather strap and left her room. Outside, she found Therin, Glorfindel, and Keldin's daughters already waiting for her, all mounted except for Therin. She grinned at them, and mounted Celebdae, who had been readied for a long journey.
"Time to rally the troops, lass." Therin said dryly from behind her.
"Good morning, everyone!" Elenna began, her voice ringing out over the large army. "Today, we march to Rivendell to deal with the armies of Mordor. Some of you might not care about Rivendell, or even about the elves. You might be wondering why you should fight, and maybe die, for us. Here's why. Rivendell is an incredible place. It's a place where a common born maiden with scars on her body and heart can command an army. Yes, me. Azruk has left his marks on my mind, heart, body, and spirit. And I will not let him cause me any more. We will save Lord Elrond and the rest of the captives. We will drive out the yrch. We WILL triumph!" Elenna closed her eyes, willing her message across the miles to Tiri and Aman. She felt them smile. Suddenly, she heard a roar. The troops were cheering. Smiling a little, she whispered "noro lim" into Celebdae's ear, and they were off.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:46 AM   #233
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The cold wind blew as Rosa sat on the hill.She shivered and her long curly hair flowed behind her.streamed by the breeze that seeped though her clothing and to her skin.
Her eyes where no different, still as red as her blood that flowed though her veins.She felt....strange.Like there was a battle going on inside her mind.Between good and evil,light and darkness though she could not help but think evil things such as burning, killing and torture.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:36 PM   #234
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"By Manwe... Look at this place! The once-beautiful Rivendell! My childhood home." Fëa started to cry again. Aman comforted her once again.

"Excuse Me, Elven Archers! Draw your attention to the side of that ridge. It appears a Nazgûl leads that army." Aman's eyes where very wide. Wispers of Nazgûl spread across the pack.
'Nazgûl' Ala and Fëa said at the same time.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #235
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Why is there a Nazgul here? I thot they were off searching for the ring." Ala said in a low voice to Aman.
"So did I." She said back. She turned and looked back at her archers.
"Alright, everyone, dismount." Aman said.
"Hey Aman? What are we supposed to do with the horses?" Ala asked.
"You have magic right?" Ala nodded. "And i have magic too..."
"So we conjure up an invisable pasture, so they only look like wild horses?" Ala asked.
"Exactly!" She turned agian to face the archers,"Untack your horses, and place them over there to the left. Alateriel and I will conjure up a pasture for them. While we are doing this, You all are to climb into the trees, and kill any orc that passes by these gates! Do you UNDERSTAND?"
The arches said yes, and that they understood, and proceded to do what she had requested.
After all the horses ,all 204, horses were untacked and standing in a huge circle, Ala and Aman magiced up a large, very large, pasture. The horses were able to see it ofcourse, but no elf, human, orc, or uruk can see.
"Ah, I am please, we did a good job my friend." Aman said with a smile.
"Yes, and it looks like the archers are ready. Shall we take our place amoung them?" Ala asked.
"Yes, wait hold on, Elenna wants something...
Hi...Yes....Yes..........Yes, they are.......ok........I will tell her.......ok i will tell her that too......ok, good.....yes we will be waiting...ok i have to go....ok bye my friend, and ride safe and fast. Sorry, ok she told me to tell you that you can't burn any orcs, it will cause a smell and smoke, and they mustn't know that we are here, and she says hi."
"Ah, good old Elenna. I shall give up my right to burn orc flesh just this once, but when i am out feild, i shall burn them."
"Yes, well that is very nice to know. I dont want to be around you when that happens, like i said, you can be very scary." Aman smiled, and Ala laughed.
"Well, i wont burn you so dont worry. Let us take our place amound the trees."
Ala and Aman made their to the trees, and swiftly climbed up and sat, and waited.

[ June 03, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 06-03-2002, 02:45 PM   #236
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

OoC- Is Aduchil still with us? Or did he just ask a question and leave?

Fëa had dismounted Condelia, but she hadn't gone into the trees like the others. She stood waiting for Aman and Ala. It appeared Aman was talking to Elenna again, because she was looking weird and muttering to herself.

"Did Elenna say anything that would concern me??" Fëa asked.

"Yes..." Aman wispered.

OoC-Ok Shaadow, what did she say?
Old 06-04-2002, 05:47 AM   #237
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

A few orcs were fighting the dwarves, but the Nazgul can handle that.
Azruk has other things on his mind, the treachery of his lover.... if he could have love.
She would pay!
Old 06-04-2002, 06:08 AM   #238
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

They stopped in a range of hills that first night. Tents were pitched by the dwarves and men, but the elves slept beneath the stars, which were particularly brilliant. Elenna stood alone a little apart from the rest of the group, gazing up at Earindil, the elves most beloved star.
"Elbereth, Star Queen, I need help. I know I have to act all brave in front of the troops, but inside I am more afraid than any of them. Give me a sign, something to show me that I can do this."
"Standing out here alone, lass? You should be asleep. We have more travelling to do tomorrow" the gruff voice of Therin came from next to her.
"Did you hear me, friend?"
"Yes, Elenna. But ye're being silly. We all don't follow you because you can make pretty speeches. We follow you because we all have confidence that you won't abandon us. Do you think that Glorfindel of yours would leave you if he knew that you were afraid? He is just as frightened of losing you as you are of him. But such is the nature of war. I can't promise that we'll all be all right at the end, but I swear that I won't leave you, so don't you leave me. Now go to sleep." And with that, the dwarf lord strode off. Elenna grinned up at the stars, whispering
"Thank you."
Old 06-04-2002, 10:05 AM   #239
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC: Ok spill, sum1 tell me what the heck Elenna has sed about Fea? Im REAL confused!

Aman, Ala and Fea had been sitting in their tree for several hours and it wasnt doing much at all for anyones temper. All around them in the other trees sat the other archers. Aman lounged against the limb and wished it wasnt such a hot day; she felt like she was boiling alive.
She opened her eyes. "Elenna says she and the rest of the force will be here within the next day approximately." She was no longer speaking in the half whisper theyd been using before, but still spoke quite quietly, although there appeared to be no chance of the orcs hearing. Ala fanned herself wearily. "A day at least is a long time to be sitting in a tree like a bunch of fat pigeons."
"Agreed. At this rate I almost wish an orc would come just so shooting him would be something to do! Your turn Fea."
Fea had been sitting quite quietly; she was still seemingly in shock over what had happened to her childhood home.
"Erm...I spy something beginning with G." She said with a sigh.
"Grass. None of us are exactly feeling creative today are we? OK..." She turned over so she was facing out to the orcs again, before freezing and speaking in a whisper again. "I spy something beginning with A.O."
Ala rolled over next to her and stared down. "Ah. Approaching orc!"
zzzzzzzzip!
The arrow hit the orc full in the chest as one of the idle archers sent it. Aman held her breath as the orc slowly looked down at the arrow he seemed to have grown. Then, soooo slowly he looked and pointed upwards, anger registering on his dim face before he fell to the ground.
Fea grinned as she looked with satisfaction at the dead orc. "Good! Thats one less to deal with!"
Aman winced as she notched her bow and prepared to get down. "Unfotunatley, his friends have better eyesight than he had. Looks like our battle will be starting earlier than usual. Come on my friends, lets show these orcs and their hooded leader how well witched can fight!"
With that they motioned to the archers and leapt down from the tree, loosing arrows as they went...
Old 06-04-2002, 11:50 AM   #240
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aduchil took place among the other melee fighters. Didn't look like he would get an answer on his question this time, but he would later. He had to know if his plan could succeed. If it could... He looked at Fea and Aman. Looked like they were a bit tired. He ought to help them, but they could probably manage themselves. After what he had heard, it didn't seem like they would have trouble making the archers follow orders. But he had to know about the Noldorne.