Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #41
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel shrieked as fingers pinched the skin on her waist.

"Daro!" she yelled at her brother, swiping at the intruding limb.

"Ai! Your nails are sharp!" Berethion said, pulling his hand away.

"Then do not touch me," Hwestlaeriel said.

Berethion sighed, "I pity your future husband. He has this to look forward to every time he touches you." He displayed the marks her nails left on his hand.

That comment got him a swift slap.

"What was that for?" Berethion said, "You never minded my comments before..."

"Yes, well, that was before Halmaethorion and Fileglinniel became fascinated with the prospect of my marriage," she sighed.

"Well, they have right to comment. You are about of the age when you should be married. What men do they have in mind?" Berethion said, matter-of-factly.

"I know not. I leave whenever they begin to discuss it," Hwestlaeriel sighed.

"You do not desire to marry?" Berethion said, furrowing his brow.

"It is not that, it is just...when I marry it should be for love. It should not matter my age."

"Well, men are hard to find around here," Berethion said, "And trust our parents' judgement. They are good people. They will know what is best for you."

"I guess so," Hwestlaeriel said, sighing, "All of the Elves they have spoken of came from good families. I will not be poor, no matter what Elf they choose."

"True, our parents do love wealth, do they not?" Berethion said, looking at the trinkets that lay around the small cottage that they obviously did not need and could not afford.

"You would think they could spend more on sensible objects. They have been around for a while, they should have better sense," Hwestlaeriel mused.

"They are acting a bit Dwarfish...or Human," Belethion said.

"A, well, it is not for us to judge, I suppose," Hwestlaeriel said, smiling and touching a necklace around her neck.

"True," Berethion laughed, touching the fairly ornate handle on his sword.

Hwestlaeriel turned to the fire, continuing to prepare a meal for the family.

"Berethion!" Fileglinniel called from outside.

"Well, that was a nice interlude. I hope we can continue sometime," Berethion said.

"Berethion!" came the voice again.

Berethion laughed and rolled his eyes, "Well, I must be off!"

Berethion left. Hwestlaeriel laughed to herself a bit and sighed, continuing to cook...
Old 12-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #42
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

The small group had been wandering for some hours in almost silence. At the start, Faryn had tried to make a few attempts at conversation, but had given up when they were greeted by continuing sullen silence. The atmosphere would have caused a star to commit suicide.

Tallin of course didnt have to speak aloud to have a threeway conversation. Currently however, it was grating on her nerves and even on Jets as Dia pressed on with just how she was going to deal with Raye.

"No one takes a shot at Obsidian Lunalupus and gets away with it. Mind you, that sword wasnt great, but it still took at chunk out of my side-"

"Dia, you have a shallow cut."

"AND shes now riding high and mighty on that horse. Look at her, looking down at us, who does she think she is! Jet, Ill bet you, or Tallin, two rabbits that I could rip out her throat at ten paces? Huh, come on-"

"Obsidian, Id really rather you didnt."
Tallin mind said wearily. The female wolf glared at her. "Oh I see, youre on her side are you now Tallin? Well-"

"Shh." Tallin spoke suddenly and aloud, surprising the others in the group as she held up her hand, as they of course didnt see anything to say 'shhh' about. They stopped and now the hooves werent making noise, they could hear what the wolfsoul had heard; angry elves voices, arguing heatedly, although it sounded decidedly like the male elf would prefer this arguement not to be happening. As Tallin dismounted, the voices became more subdued and friendly. When a shout came from somewhere near the first voices, all of the group jumped- it shouted a name; Berethion was it?

After a moment, said Berethion emerged from a rather well hidden small house. The tall rather handsome elf was obviously deep in his thoughts as he walked quickly towards the source of the call, when Tallin coughed politely. He looked up in surprise and then jumped back as Raye drew her sword. Tallin closed her eyes and counted to ten under her breath before refining her anger to a glare at the rogue. The woman stopped and had to grace to look slightly embarrased, if only for a moment before her arrogance returned and she glared back. Ignoring this, Tallin turned back, seeing another elf come out of the house, a beautiful woman. Tallin exchanged a glance with Belle before stepping forward.

"Good day friends." She found from experience that it was a good exercise when accompanied by two large black wolves to start with friends and sometimes 'We wont kill you, really.' "We are travellers through the forest."

"What are your names and from and to whence to you go?" the woman asked but not in an unfriendly way, especially considering the fact that still had her hand on her sword. The mans vague face, whicyh had looked like it was trying to remember however, split into a smile and Tallin returned this.

"Long time no see Berethion." She said quietly, smiling slightly.

"Wolfsoul." He nodded back, also smiling. As her smile grew, Tallin walked forward, shaking the elfs hand heartily, both of them beaming as old friends.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:27 PM   #43
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel looked at Berethion.

"Hain istodh (You know them)?" she asked, surprised.

"Tallin istin (I know Tallin)," he said, gesturing to the woman that had greeted them.

"Oh," Hwestlaeriel said. She turned to the others.

"Mae govannen," she greeted. She looked a bit hard at Tallin, "I am Hwestlaeriel. Forgive me for being harsh before. We are not used to strangers in these woods."

"There is no need for formality, Hwestlaeriel," Berethion smiled. He turned to the travellers, "What brings you here?" he asked Tallin, in particular, "What new adventure?" He smiled adventurously at the last comment.

Hwestlaeriel was not completely sure she liked these new people, so she stood off to the side somewhat, and looked at them critically...

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 12-17-2002, 06:25 PM   #44
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
Sting

Faryn bowed her bushy head in respect and said nothing, allowing the other travelers to answer the inquires with gracious smiles. Meanwhile, her gaze had become fixed on the young elf girl, a tinge of sadness was what made her beauty resonate so, Faryn thought. Lost in her thoughts, her hopes mayhaps, yes that would be it.
"Faryn! Fair-In!!!!" Belle called up. Faryn jerked automatically up, and found Miss Belle offering her, her ration of water. Faryn shrugged it off and found Tallin and the young man chattering away and catching up on old memories.
She also was the first to notice Raye clutching onto the horse reins as if fighting her self, chewing her tongue and shooting a look so vindictive, that if it had been directed at a certain person, Faryn was sure they would melt if they looked into the now murderous eyes.
"Miss Belle! Miss Belle!" Faryn tried to mutter in a undertone, tugging her master's shirt like a young child with something to tell, but Belle too had gotten carried away with conversation.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:38 AM   #45
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin noticed Hwestlaerins reproacful glances but tried to ignore them; she wasnt usually welcomed particularly. Berenthion had told her much about his younger sister and her looks at least had lived up to what he had told her; both herself and her brother were very good looking.-

"Berethion where are you?!"

-but she hadnt met their parents. The voice was becoming decidedly short tempered as it is. Hwesta rolled her eyes; she was obviously not currently on the best terms with her parents for some reason. She then glanced at the group again, especially Raye, her face arrogant and eyes wicked, Tallin, standing so close to her brother. Ai, she had to know that they were old friends, nothing more as it was- She seemed to make up her mind.

"He is coming, mother!" She called. "And we have...guests." Her voice was pleasant and she nodded to them politely as she started towards the voice.

Berethion laughed slightly. "Well, I didnt think Id be introducing you to my parents now Tal!"

Hwesta stiffened and looked sharply at her brother at this comment. Tallin smiled back at him as his sister turned away, but she was perplexed. She would of course stay away from Hwestas brother, especially at the time being. She stiffled a sigh; a foundling medicine-girl and wolf tamer never really had stood a chance with the tall, handsome, adventuring Berethion. He started walking after his sister briskly and he beckoned for them to follow. After a second, they did.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #46
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestalaeriel brought the visitors out back to her mother.

"Where is Berethion? He needs to chop wood."

"He is coming...with friends," she said in a quiet voice.

Berethion and the other came.

"Berethion! Are these your friends?" Hwesta's mother asked.

"Well, Tal here is," Berethion said.

Hwesta gave a gentle snort from where she stood.

"Well, company or not, you need to chop wood," the still-youthful looking matronly figure said, "Hwesta, show the company in, please."

Hwestlaeriel gave a brief startled look.

"I can chop wood," she offered quickly.

"No, go inside," her mother ordered.

She silently led them into the house.

"Do you want tea?" she asked them, "Can I get you anything? Do you desire something to eat?"

She was very careful to hide her mistrust of these new people...
Old 01-01-2003, 06:32 PM   #47
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arrelle was trying hard not to let her bad mood interfere with anyone else's. She refused any refreshment and instead sat alone, purposely away from everyone else. No one seemed to understand why Lorran meant so much to her and she felt as though everyone was against her. She knew who to blame for this though, it was Raye.

Outside she could see Raye fiddling mindlessly with Lorran's reigns, if only she could grab her horse and gallop back to Gondor, to her house and her home. Instead she was stuck here, as long as Raye had Lorran she would be stuck here. But still, in the meanwhile another horse would be welcome, perhaps she could buy one from the next town.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:56 PM   #48
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Faryn sat down in one of the old cushioned chairs with wordless wonder. The house was of good size, and smelled of sweet cinnamon and apples.
A good house it was, but the feeling of the air, she did not like. It was a strict silent air, air that made her sullen and sad before long. Faryn attempted many times during that hour, small talk, but it was the air that snapped her mouth shut near everytime it was opened.
So they sat, akwardly(sp?) in the warm room, sipping tea and nibbling the bread given to them, wordless, though it was not a new thing to see Faryn shying away from a conversation, or the rarity of her starting the conversation, but to see Tallin or Belle sitting as meekly as their servant girl, was something as rare as Faryn bursting into song in the forest (I do suppose many a rare thing had already happened). But even more a discomfort, was the uneasy air, and the forboding that continued to bite at Faryn's leg until she would finally give in. "Is this silence always so in your house?" Faryn broke out, and immediatley blushed scarlet afterwards.

[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #49
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel looked at Faryn, with a gentle expression.

"Well, since my brothers have left, yes, it remains fairly quiet," Hwestlaeriel said. She turned with a hard look in her eye towards her brother's "friend". "We do not entertain company much, so pardon our lack of preparation. Well, that is also why I spend so much time out of doors. I cannot tolerate the pressing silence that has become part of the wood in the walls of this house since my brothers left. I, too, would like to leave, but it is not befitting of a lady."

She envied this friend of her brother. She could travel and see the world. Her distrust grew of this strange new woman.

"I," she said, "Sadly, will probably never travel. I may travel to another city when I find a husband, but, until that time, I am to stay at home, as an Elf maiden should do."

She turned back to the stove.

"Would any of you care to have more tea or more food?" she asked, hiding the small tear that she had felt start in her eye when she spoke of the closing walls she felt around her.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:11 PM   #50
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin flinched mentally at Hwesta's words. Oh, ouch.

"I, too, would like to leave, but it is not befitting of a lady."

"Oh how badly is she asking for it?" Dia growled. Tallin put her hand on the she-wolfs head but didnt reprimand her.

" I, sadly, will probably never travel. I may travel to another city when I find a husband, but, until that time, I am to stay at home, as an Elf maiden should do."

Tallin was now gripping both wolves fur discreetly as they strained against her hands. Hwesta turned away and Tallin relaxed her grip on them with a warning glance. As she looked up again she caught Hwesta's eye, seeing the tear in it. Their gaze held.

Ah. Not hate, but envy. Resentment and envy.

The other elf turned away and Tallin decided to try and make ammends. She cleared her throat and began to improvise. "Well, we, erm, we have been on a- well, on a quest." She said hesitantly. "But we are short of people here. Another one with fighting skills would be useful, and I am the only oone with any knowledge of plants...?" She continued, recalling what Hwesta's brother had told her of his sister.

The tall female elf froze and her eyes flickered across Tallins. "What do you mean?" She said slowly.

The wolf tamer continued to hold Hwesta's eyes. "We would be very grateful." She said softly.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #51
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel thought quickly. This was really her chance to go. She could leave this place and never come back if she so desired. But how would she be able to leave? Her parents would not let her. She knew plants, of course, but she was still but an Elf maiden...and a fairly young one at that.

"I would love to," she said, keeping a lofty demeanor, trying not to let her excitement and her disappointment show, "But it is not within my capabilities to leave this area. My parents would not let me leave, now that my brothers are gone."
Old 01-05-2003, 02:50 AM   #52
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

"I am sure we could find a way to convince them," Tallin said.

Raye was standing at the doorway when she overheard the invitation. Quickly, she moved to Tallin's side.
"How many more do you plan to invite, Tallin?" she whispered. "This is a dangerous quest we go on, not some walking fest."
"Berethion and Hwesta may come of some use to us," Tallin responded. "It will be good to have them both at our side."
"I have been to the Grey Mountains. I know what dangers lie in our path. It would be better for us to reach the mountains unoticed by our enemies," Raye argued, gritting her teeth.
"You will lead us to the Grey Mountains, Raye, but you won't decide for us who comes and who doesn't," the wolf tamer said, pushing Raye away.
She turned back to Hwesta. "So, how about it?"
Hwesta shook her head. "It is impossible. You will never convince my parents to let me go with you, especially with my brothers gone."

Raye stood several feet away from Tallin, her hand fixed on one of her daggers. She stared at the wolf tamer with rage, no longer listening to the conversation. She knew Tallin would not give up in finding a way to bring both Berethion and Hwesta along, with their parents' permission or not.
Normally, Raye would've killed anyone who dared to argue with her. But something held her back. And it wasn't the fact that she was surrounded by several others.
Still, everything that did and did not happen in those last few moments did not matter to Raye. The murderess had plans of her own. She would find ways to eliminate those who traveled with her. It should be easy, as the treachery she claimed lies ahead is not so much a lie.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #53
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin knew it was a mistake to aggravate Raye, but the murderess wasnt all that friendly herself and Tallin wasnt all that keen on anyone that tried to take a chunk out of her wolves. Besides, Hwesta's loftiness was getting to her.

"Hwesta, there are others in this group who advise me to let you stay. But do you want to stay, stay in this forest until you are marriagable, then stay as a wife forever?" She was trying to keep the impatience out of her voice.

"I do not think that, as a lady-"

"Is that what you want?" Tallin cut through, stepping closer to the other elf.

"Please Tal, if she says anything about being a lady again, please, please hit her!" Jet grumbled from her feet.

Hwesta, oblivious to this, stood, her head bowed for a moment before looking straight at Tallin. "No. No, its not." She said, her voice firm. The wolf tamer smiled. "Good."

"But my parents-"

"Will certainly not let you go if they know Hwesta." Berethion now interrupted. His sisters eyes widened but he held up a hand. "Dont worry. I have been away from Fileglinniel and Halmaethorion for long, sister." He smiled taking her hand. "We can do a swap maybe?"
Old 01-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #54
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Faryn giggled to herself later that night as she saddled up the horses for the company, that would leave at the first tinge of dawn in the early morn (courtesy of Faryn's almost impatient exicted shaking roughly the others awake by the shoulders.)
Things had worked out so well so far, and yet, yet......the forboding air had yet to clear.She brushed it away, just that night and hoped to Eru that she would not regret it.
Through the night she sat in front of the quaint little residence, watching the moon sink lower into the distant rolling hills. Faryn was awake and readying herself for the longest, most anxious stretch of the journey: the beginning of the trek into the Blue Mountains.
She pulled her hair back, mail, tunic, vest, breeches, belt, boots, done.
The sun had not rose yet.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:32 AM   #55
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

That night, about half an hour before the sun had risen, Tallin went outside. The darkness was so peaceful, cleansing. You didnt have to hide who you were in the darkness...

"Good morning Raye." She said as she felt the womans prescence. Raye muttered a curse under her breath before coming to stand beside Tallin. They stood in silence for a moment before Raye broke it.

"Its a bad idea to take the girl, Wolfsoul." Rayes voice was worried and Tallin didnt have to turn to know Rayes face was the same. The feelin of peace she felt eas evaporating.

"I know." She sighed, leaning against a tree, her ankles crossed casually. Flicking a knife out from her clothing she started to fiddle with it then looked at Raye. With slight bemusement she saw the woman had subtly stepped a few steps back. Tallin raised an eyebrow and was greeted with a glare. She stared at Raye for a few moments before breathing out sharply.

"Gods, Raye..." She murmered.

"What?" The other woman said sharply. Tallin met her angry gaze and realised that Raye didnt trust anyone, never had...or if she had the trust had been broken. Tallin had never really been alone, she had always had the mind link with her wolves at least, but Raye...the flood of understanding fitted into place. She couldnt say what she had been about to.

"Nothing I...no, nothing." She muttered vaguely. A few more moments passed in silence. "Ill go and get the others."

She looked into the distance the way they were going. "And then we shall be off." She murmered before walking back to get the others.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #56
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Tallin gathered the others quickly and they all did last minute preparations before setting off.

At the corner of her eye, Raye could see Berethion watching her from a distance. She glanced at him momentarily before getting back to work at adjusting her horse's saddle.

Tallin had also seen Berethion. Raye saw her look over at him again and again. It was obvious that the wolftamer felt very close a friend to Hwesta's brother. Perhaps even more.

Raye understood Tallin's feelings for Berethion. He was a very likable elf. No one, not even a murderess like Raye could hate him. In fact, Berethion was the only one Raye had ever trusted.

Raye was so deep in thought that she was startled when a hand gently touched her shoulder. She turned around to find herself face to face with Berethion.
"I must speak with you, Corrowyn," he said softly, motioning her away from the others.
Corrowyn. Raye's true name. Berethion was the only one who knew it. The only one living, at least.
Raye hesitated, looking at the others. Not one even bothered to take a glance at the two.
"All right," she said and followed the elf into the trees.

Berethion did not stop walking until he was out of sight from the others. Then he turned to speak to Raye.
"What are you doing?" he asked.
"What do you mean?" was Raye's response.
Berethion chuckled. "I know you, Corrowyn. You don't do quests. Are you up to something?"
Raye smiled. "When am I not up to something?"
"It's not my business what you do, Corrowyn," the elf said, frowning. "But please do not harm Hwesta or anyone you are traveling with, at that."
"Why do you ask me of this when you plan to come yourself, Berethion?" she asked, politely.
Berethion folded his arms. "Who said I was coming?"
Raye couldn't help but laugh. "You wouldn't dare allow Hwesta to go into the Grey Mountains without your aid. You've been on the borders of those mountain yourself. You know what dangers lie within them. I myself almost died in those mountains. I'm surprised you let your sister come at all."
"I'm surprised that you agreed to back into those mountains. Why did you agree?"
"There's a horse in it for me. A good horse, at that. In fact, I haven't yet seen a better one. Besides, I could use another adventure. I do not fear the Grey Mountains or what's in them."
"Neither do I"
"You should not come. Go back into you house and take your sister with you."
Berethion shook his head. "I cannot hold Hwestlaeriel back any longer. And you cannot hold me back."
Raye sighed. "All right. And I suppose I'll be seeing you along the trail, then?"
"Look for me on the night of the seventh day. I will meet up with you then."
"Why not just come now?"
He smiled. "Because if you get into any sort of trouble, it's good to have someone watching your back."
"Trouble before the Grey Mountains? I doubt that."
"You never know. Anyways, don't tell the others I am coming. It is best that they not know."
"All right. I'll promise if you promise not to say a word about...about..." she trailed off.
Berethion nodded in understandment. "I promise, Corrowyn. Have I said a word before?"
Raye pressed her index finger into his chest. "That means you DO NOT call me Corrowyn!"
Berethion nodded, smiling. "All right. Good-bye, Raye." He looked at the murderess straight in the eyes. "Seven days. Do not forget."
"I won't."
And with that, Berethion disappeared into the trees, heading back to his family's cabin.

When Raye returned to the group, they were waiting for her.
"Where were you?" Faryn asked.
Raye only shook her head. Only Tallin seemed to know where Raye had disappeared to, as the wolftamer gave her a glare as murderous as her own.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #57
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin swallowed the lump in her throat. The way they had gone off together, the look of companionship she hadnt seen before in Raye's eyes...but why did it have to be towards Berethion? The likeable elf was practically the only one who didnt treat her like an outcast. Like the ragged wood urchin that she was, she thought bitterly.

"Oh come on Tal, youre getting me depressed as well now." Dia practically rolled her eyes as she finished with a bone she had been gnawing. An animal was looking down on her...Tallin clenched her fists and didnt answer her friend, blocking her thoughts. If only she could block the lump in her throat as well.

She had Called a horse last night, summoning it by its True Name, Ohtar. Warrior. The magnificent stallion was as black as night all over and she swung herself onto its bare back. She had no need for a saddle. Ohtar shuffled slightly, feeling Tallins unease; he was an intelligent beast, one of the reasons Tallin had chosen him to summon.

"Calm Ohtar. Just emotions just elven emotions." She soothed him.

"Quite powerful emotions Tallin." Tallins eyes caught those of Jet, watching her. He tipped his head to the side slightly. "Wolves are not emotionless, sister, you know it. We feel less, but because of this you feel more. More than other petty humans and elves."

Tallin held his understanding gaze for a moment before looking away, not because she couldnt hold his gaze, but because she doubted a wolf could understand what she was feeling. "Like I said Jet, just emotions. Just petty elven emotions." She replied, trying to keep the bitterness from her voice.

Berethion knew her better than she had ever let anyone know her before. They had been close. Yet...yet he had gone to the murderess instead. As she started off with the rest of the group following, the wolves trotted beside her. Her strength was in them. Their lives seemed so much less complicated...

"Just petty elven emotions." She murmered bitterly to herself as she urged her horse into a trot. Hwesta's horse was just behind but she didnt care if the elf maid heard. Just as she know knew that that same elfs brother didnt care either...
Old 01-12-2003, 05:54 PM   #58
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel heard Tallin's comments vaguely, but she was filled with too much euphoria at this new development to really notice. She was finally out of the house! She smiled and wondered what her parents would think when the awoke and read her letter. She hoped that they would not be too mad.

Maybe Tallin was not so bad. Maybe Hwestlaeriel just had to give her a chance. Maybe she would prover herself in the long run. Were there always this many maybe's in dealings with outsiders? Hwestlaeriel had never had to deal with those outside her own family but a few times, when people had briefly passed through. She wondered if she would have this many doubts all the time they were on the road with everyone she met...

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 01-18-2003, 10:11 AM   #59
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
It was near sundown and Dimithil wandered on in search for shelter. It would be tough to find one here. He was walking in the Moutains for about half a day now. He found an outsticking rock wich provided shelter enough and sat down. Something kept him from making fire. He did not know what. He had a feeling, a huncge if you may call it that, that it was not save to buildt a fire in these here area's.

"Well a pipe would not hurt anyone I guess" He tought for himself.

He took the pipe out of his backpack and lit it. Thin clouds of smoke roze up and the elv felt his worries slip of of him. For a while he sat there quitely until he heard a little noice.
It was getting late. Soon he could go home and rest from the long duty.

"What is keeping that Fernion so long. He darn well know's it's his duty." The nightelf said to his guard companion.

"My dear Aragilath, you know that he is always a little later than usual. He would even keep you, our leader waiting." The companion replied.

Aragilath muttered something to himslef when he heard a horn blowing. The sound came from the edge of there territory.

"Quickly, there is a trespasser in our lands." Aragilath shouted and he ran of.

He rushed himself over the tight ledge that provided the acces to the cave and reiched the cave.

"Open up you fools, I need to get over there." he shouted at the gate keepers.

But the gate opened before he could finish his sentence.
Fernion walked in with the trespasser. Aragilath could see that the trespasser came quitely and was not affraid since he was still smoking his pipe.

"I found this one outside on my way over here m'lord" Fernion said.

"What where you doing outside in the firsth place Fernion. Out on one of your strawls again?" Aragilath asked stricktly

"Yes m'lord, but I did found this trespasser out in the wild so I did not think it would matter and..."

"Silence!" Aragilath interrupted brutely," You where supposed to be on guard duty and not out hunting strangers. You know that all we want to have is to be leaved alone. Take him to a cell untill further notice and then report back to the tower. You will be hearing more about this."

Fernion gulped and did as he was ordered. He passed trought the gate and went to the tower. He sighted.

"This is going to be a long night" he said with a sad tone.
It was dark and Dimithil could not see a thing. Not a single window was placed in the cell. They took averything away from him except for his clothes and there he was: Locked away in a cell like some kind of animal. A guard entered the prison and went to his cell. He lit a torch and went over to Dimithil.

"Here is your food trespasser. Have a nice meal. Make yourself ready for tomorrow" He said.

"What will happen tomorrow?" Dimithil asked.

"Tommorow is your trial. You should be lucky that we found you trespassing and not the Mountain Orc's. They would have done a lot worse to you."

The guard went away and Dimithil ate the food and went to sleep.

The next day the guard came in again, but this time not with food. He carried shackels. He came into the cell and asked Dimithil if he would cooperate and allow him to chain him.

"I don't think that saying no will keep those of my body so I might as well cooperate." Dimithil answered.

The guard chained his ankels and his wrists and then guided Dimithil out trough the cave. They walked up a stairs and went trough a long hall. At the end of the hall was a large door and they went in. He could see a large stage with several of the elves sitting on it. Including the elv that got mad on his capturer at the gate. That elv sat on the bigest throne in the middle. Dimithil now realized that he was the leader.

"You have entered the lands of the Nightelves and for that you will be prosecuded. We are nothing like the evil Orc's and do not deliver the penalty of death. But for entering the cave you have lost your freedom. Will you give surrender to the merci of this court and take your punishment with honor?" The leader said formaly.

"I have entered your lands yes, but I did not have the intentions of going into your home m'lord. I will accept your punishment since I don't think I have another choice, but since my freedom has been taken away from me I would like not to stay in a jailcell, but to have a function within your service for I can not stand the tought of being locked away forever." Dimithil replied calmy.

The face of the man on the high chair changed and a smile came upon his face.

"You have chosen wisely tresspasser. You will be allowed to have a function, but we will need to find one within the communety wich will serve you right. I have to send you back for the moment, but will give you a accomadation that will suite a man of honor like yourself. THus is my ruling." The man said.

He slamed a hammer on the table in front of him.

"Guards, take him to an accomadation and lock the door. Treat him nicely and don't harm him. If anyone lays a finger on him without my or his permission he will have to answer to me." He shouted.

The guard that brought Dimithil came towords him and free'd him from his chains. Another guard came towords him and accompanied by these two guards he was taken to a room.

The room looked nice and had a window in it. There was a bed a chair and a little table in it. Dimithil was surprized when the guard brought him his stuff and laid them on the table.

"Compliments from out leader Aragilath tresspasser." The guard said and went away.

Aragilath, so this was the name of the leader. Dimithil took out his pipe and weed and smoked his pipe for a while.

"I hope that my sister will come looking for me, but till then I will have to wait and perform what is requested." He sad to himself. He finished his pipe and went to bed.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #60
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Zohariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the group continued, with Tallin's wolves trotting placidly for once, a dapple grey pong came galloping round the corner, too fast to stop. The whole company dived to one side and the mare stopped, just a few inches from a tree. Atop its grey back sat an obviously well to do woman, in a dark green skirt, thick cream jumper, black boots and a green bonnet. Definatley not from round here- the clothes were too unpractical.
She leapt down with a cheery grin on her face- a face that, they could now see, did not fit with the body. It was a young, round, childish face, with wide blue eyes full of naievity, and a mass of golden brown curls tumbling round her shoulders. She was short, but solid, slim yet robust, and hanging from her belt was a sword and heavy hammer, looking quite out of place.
The maiden stepped forward, offering a sweaty palm to Raye. And very fast, in a high, well bred voice, she said, "Hello! I'm Yenhofir Goudbenn- I'm from Gondor you know, but I was out here looking for adventure and my pony just sort of ran away with me- he's called Quintin, he's really rare and he was a fifteenth birthday present from my dad- I wasn't allowed to have one before then because he was scared I'd fall off, I'm not clumsy or anything though but you know fathers they are so overprotective and as I'm the youngest I bear the brunt of it but I don't really mind anyway can you tell me where I am please I'm sort of lost- my pony ran away with me, like I said who are you?"
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 AM   #61
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye stared at the outstretched hand and did not accept it. Instead, she looked at Yenhofir, her shocking green eyes cold and hard.
"It is not your business who we are. You do not have any right to ask us."
The murderess's voice had a dangerous edge to it. The maiden quickly took note of it and dropped her hand, taking a step backwards.
"I'm sorry," she murmered. "I should have not been so quick to ask. But please tell me if you have seen my pony."
"We have traveled for three days straight and haven't seen a thing," Arrelle answered, shrugging. "Especially no ponies."
"If your pony came along this way, it won't stand a chance," Raye added. "And neither will you, considering what you're wearing. This is the border of the Grey Mountains we stand on. We are no longer on safe grounds."
"I am that far North?" Yenhofir asked, suddenly confused. "Well, if that is so, is there any chance I could join you? I don't think I'd like to venture these parts alone and if you could help me find Quintin, I'd really appreciate it."
Raye let out a terrible laugh that chilled the bone. "Foolish you are, Yenhofir. You no not even our names, yet you wish to travel with us as a free companion."
The murderess pulled out her dagger and pointed it at Yenhofir. The maiden's eyes grew wide as she took another step backwards.
"Perhaps next time you will learn to determine friends from enemies before you approach strangers. Never would I let someone so ignorant as you join our group. Now get out of my sight before I-"
It was then a hand squeezed Raye's shoulder, stopping her in midsentence. Raye turned around, expecting to see Tallin ready to argue, but to her own surprise, it was not the wolf tamer, but Belle who laid her hand on her shoulder.
"Do not be so unkind, Raye," the elf said sternly. "Put away your weapon and let me speak with Yenhofir. It is I, after all, who should determine if she comes with us or not."
Raye stared at Belle, gritting her teeth. More than ever, she wanted to kill them all at this very moment. But the murderess remembered her promise to Berethion. She wouldn't dare break it; not for Berethion. Not yet, at least. And so, though hesitantly, Raye put away her dagger and stormed off into the trees.

Raye watched from afar as Belle introduced herself and the others to Yenhofir. She then explained their quest and offered the maiden to join. To Raye's disgruntlement, Yenhofir accepted the offer gratefully. The last thing they needed was another ignorant fool.
Raye watched the others welcome this silly looking maiden. Belle, Faryn, Arrelle, Hwesta, and Tallin stood there, almost looking too happy. It was then the murderess noticed. Tallin's wolves were missing. Where were they?

Almost as if in answer to her question, the wolves suddenly appeared from the trees, running in the direction of Tallin. The wolf tamer turned to speak with the wolves. It was obvious that whatever the wolves were telling her, she did not like it, as her frown gradually grew larger.
Then, after what seemed to be a rather short conversation with the wolves, Tallin approached Raye, grim faced.
"They say there is a strange smell," the wolf tamer told her, pointing at her wolf friends. "Not a good smell, though. They sense danger. What do you think, Raye?"
"I think that is quite possible," Raye replied. "We should be on our way."
Tallin nodded. "You think it was a good idea to leave our horses behind?" she asked, suddenly.
That previous day, the group left their horses in the care of a stable boy in the last town they passed. Raye had insisted that they do this, for not one horse could possibly last in the mountains.
"A horse is at the bottom of the food chain in the Grey Mountains," Raye answered. "It was our only choice. Trust me."
"I know. But we could move at such a quicker pace if we were riding."
"Do not dwell on these things, wolf tamer. Let us go to the others now and inform them of our need to make immediate leave."
Raye and Tallin hardly took a step when an arrow whizzed past them, only inches from their faces, and landed in a tree. Raye pulled the arrow out of tree and studied it briefly.
"Night elves!" she said. The murderess cursed loudly as she threw down the arrow and pulled out her sword. "Not something I wanted to deal with."
"Well, I don't think we have much of a choice," Tallin said, smiling grimly. "I must warn the others."
And as the wolf tamer disappeared, the first of the night elves appeared out of nowhere. Raye smiled triumphantly as she raised her sword high. At last a challenge faced her for the first time in five years.

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 01-20-2003, 12:43 PM   #62
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin watched the girl in frank astonishment before a smile started over her face. The girl made a refreshing change.

"Tallin!" A yell of pain shot into the wolftamers mind like an arrow and she turned quickly to see both wolves coming towards her. A long cut had been added to the other wound on Dia's side...She gritted her teeth grimly and reached for a dagger.

"No time Tal." Jet reached her side, panting heavily. "Night elves. Coming...from the town. They...we..." He was gasping for breath and faded off.

Night elves...Tallin turned to the group, beckoning Raye and speaking quietly.

"You think it was a good idea to leave our horses behind?"

"We've been through this. theyre at the bottom of the food chain Tallin. Trust me."

"I know. But we could move at a quicker pace if we were riding."

"Do not dwell on these things, wolf tamer. Let us go to the others now and inform them of our need to make immediate leave-"

An arrow buried itself above Rayes head as Tallin pulled her down. "Immediately may not be soon enough."

"Night elves!" Raye cursed. "Not something I want to deal with."

"I dont think we have much of a choice!" Tallin smiled grimly. A thousand questions buzzed in her head; why were the night elves out here? And why so vicious? She hadnt thought the stories were true.

She ran to get the others. The wolves stood beside Raye, ready to leap and tear, and Raye with her sword held high.

"No!" Tallin yelled. "We have to get out of here Raye!"

The murderess glared at her but saw the reason in this. She kept her sword our though as she ran to Tallin and the pair of them sprinted to the others, dragging them up.

"Come on! Quickly!" The group started away through the trees, in order to be less obstructive. The round faced young girl hovered uncertainly, her eyes wide. Tallin took her in in a moment; there wasnt time to waste.

"Come, girl. Right now Im not worried about introductions." She said, stopping the girl from speaking as she opened her mouth. "Just about there actually being time for them, or anything else in this life..." She muttered as the ran after the others. This was not the last theyd see of the night elves, and she hated to run away. But no one who hurt her wolves was going to get away with that...
Old 01-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #63
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

On hearing the murderess' harsh words, Yenhofir backed away, biting her lip. But thankfully, the others seemed to take to her.
Soon, they were forced to take flight. Night elves? What were they? Yen just followed after Tallin, hitching her skirts up and hoping to see Quintin soon.
Finally they found themselves a largish cave cut into the cliff. Here, they would rest. Just to prove she was no wet little girl, Yen offered to take first watch. She settled herself on a rock and began weaving the grasses into a mat, adding the occasional twig.
It was when she went to search for some flowers to add that Yen first saw the danger. Two large wolves, with stealthy tread and murderous expressions were slowly padding their way towards the cave. Running back as fast as she could, Yen only succeeded in tripping on her skirts and falling over. The wolves came right up close to the cave, apparantly not having seen her, and started inside. Yen did the only thing she though logical.
She stuck two fingers in her mouth and blew. A piercing, high sound came out and the wolves turned, startled. Yenhofir got up and screamed out
"WOLVES! At the cave entrance! RUN!"
Old 01-20-2003, 01:51 PM   #64
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

It was not long before the night elves caught up with them. Raye glanced behind surprised to see so many night elves. Were they that desperate to have them captured?
Arrows flew past Raye, barely missing her and she knew the elves closing in on them. They were outnumbered by ten to one, but Raye knew they could not run forever.

She caught up with Tallin and grabbed her, nearly pulling her to the ground.
"This idea of yours to run is not going so well," Raye yelled at her. "We have to stand and fight!"
Tallin nodded and ordered the others to halt and reach for their weapons. The others did as told, each with a frightened look in their eyes.
"What are you waiting for?" the murderess screamed as they stood there. "Go! Attack!"
She charged forward, not bothering see if the others paid heed to her command, and struck out at every night elf that stood in her path. The first few went down easy, and Raye howled with a determined rage as she swung her sword and struck down another.

But soon Raye found herself in peril. She was surrounded by night elves without the aid of her companions, who were all busy fighting several feet to her right.
But the murderess did not give up. She brought down one elf after another, ignoring the small stabs of pain that penetrated her skin. The number of night elves reduced quickly with Raye's swift blade. There came time the murderess began to think that is was possible for the small group to defeat the night elves.

But then everything went horribly wrong when Raye took an unexpected blow to the head and everything went black.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:14 PM   #65
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aragilath was circling the room awaiting the return of Fernion. It was about a week since the trespasser came into his service and he heard more and more about his sister. Altough the trespasser tried to keep as much information about her hidden, he knew more than tolled. She was a determent woman and would sertainly come for her brother. That was not going to be a problem, but the group that she would be traveling with could be one. He never liked trespassers and the mere sight of them can lay his judging to a person. This new one was different tough. Different than the girl his patrole group faced 5 years ago. She was a furousious warrior and had a terrible personalety. She killed his friend. And if he met up with her he was going to punch her lights out.........
Fernion walked for a while and was beginning to get tired. He and his stupid walks. Aragilath said that he would be hearing more of this and so he got. Three day's ago he was called to Aragilath and he still remembered his words.

"You like walks outside and I can't blam you for that. You are still partly an Elf so you like nature. However, if you did not make that walk, the trespasser never found our realm. So thanks to you he will spend his life in a place that he doesn't like. I have heard about his sister and I am shure that she will come to get him. You can continue your walks. But not for fun. You will take the same route, only this time not alone. It will become a new patrol area. I don't know for how long. But until the sister is captured, you will patrol that route. I think she will come with a companion and I have a sudden feeling that "she" is coming back. If you see her, try to capture her. But only if you can take her from behind. If you face her head on, kill her."

Fernion walked on until he saw something moving behind a rock. As he walked closer, he saw that it was alive.

"Oh no, a wolv. Thinks just keep getting better and better," He muttered.

He decided to kill it, because it had not yet noticed the group. He gave his equipment to a companion and only took his knife with him. He sneaked over to the beast and saw that the wolve watching in the direction of the home. Walking around the wolve with a large curve he reached his back. He lifted his hand and was about to strike the beast down. But for some reason the wolve turned. Fernion's strike missed the wolve's head and strocke him in the flank. The wolve, damaged by the knife ran of in the other direction and bumped over Fernion in his way.

A feeling crept over Fernion that this was no ordenary wolve. It was not traveling in a group. It had a master and that master was here. He rushed back to the group, grabbed his equipment and ran towords the direction in wich the wolve had ran.

Following his trail he found the master of the wolve. But as he looked closer, he saw that she was not alone. "She" was with him. He remembered the words from Aragilath.

"If you see her, try to capture her. But only if you can take her from behind. If you face her head on, kill her."

He took his bow out of his quiver and staged an arrow on the string. Drawing it back slowly, he aimed at her head, going for a direct kill. Damned was his bad aim. The arrow flew away, but missed her head with only a hairlength. She stood up and drew her sword. The other one rushed away. The other one went of.

"Must be getting reinforcements." He said to the others.

As "she" drew her sword, two wolves came standing next to her. Fernion now noticed that one of the wolves had a two wounds on her flank. He rushed towords "her", but she went away in the same direction as the other one had. They rushed afther the girl and followed her into the night. Fernion could now see the group that she traveled with. He could see a woman that reminded him of the trespasser. As they approached them the group ran for it. They persued them for some short time, but then "she" turned around and charched the group. Many of his companion's did not reccond that they would be attacked. She slashed them without any guildt. Her dagger killed many good elves and her sword was cutting. Oh how Fernion hated this woman. But her anger ans stupid pride led her slashing into the middle of the group. She killed another one, but Fernion would not allow her killng spree to go on much longer. He had a chanse of taking her captive. He janked out his sword and knocked her on the head as hard as he could. The woman dropped at the firsth strike. By this time the others reiched the group. But Fernion did not want to spill more blood.

"Wait!!" He shouted. "Here me. We nightelves wish nobody no harm. We just want to be left alone. Will you not come quitely so that we can end this killing?" He asked kindy as intended.

A woman stepped forward.

[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZER

Old 01-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #66
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin stepped out from the shadows, her wolves flanking her and immediately felt at least a score of arrowheads pointed towards her. Dia and Jet stood on either side of her and she put a hand on each of their heads, drawing gasps from the dark elves. The sound of bowstrings tightening was audible.

"Yup, I can see how theyre entirely peaceful." Dia commented sardonically.

Tallin kept her eyes on the leaders face.

"You wish us to come...where?" She asked quietly, but her voice was heard all around.

The top elf paused, then it seemed he had ignored her question. Not a good sign. "We wish to be left alone."

"Ah, good to knwo we have similar interests then. However, we have reason to believe that- My wolves will not harm you then, as long as you do not harm us." Tallin had to say this louder as Dia started forward towards Raye, lying on the ground with a trickle of blood coming from her head. The night elves were talking fast together, and Tallin couldnt fully understand, but she understood when one of the elves raised his bow, aiming at Dia. "No! They dont mean you har-"

The arrow flew through the air and Jet leapt towards his mate, shoving them both out of the way. Silence fell on all present. Tallins eyes flashed damgerously. The arrow had only grazed Jets hindquarters, but that was both her wolves now hurt...

"I told you we meant no harm!" She spoke loudly.

"The creatures deserved it! And you, for treating them as if they were under your control! Be you a witch, elf?" Before the main elf could speak, the one who had fired had butted in. Tallin gritted her teeth. That was it. Raye, Dia, now Jet....

She had been weighing a knife up in her hand for a few minuted now and with a strong flick of her wrist, she sent it spinning in a blur towards the elf who had fired. It hit the tree behind him just beside his jugular vein, nicking the skin of his neck very slightly. It had been a warning, but it seemed that the night elves were too proud to let it pass. She ducked as another arrow shot by her head and took her long knife from its sheath on her back. Hwesta was now beside her, and Yenofir, to her surprise. Gritting her teeth, Tallin whirled into the mellee, standing over Raye. She saw an elf grab Yenofir and then something hit the side of her head. Hard. the wolf tamer went down beside Raye, fighting all the way...
Old 01-21-2003, 02:46 PM   #67
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As he spoke out his words, Fernion feeled the treat going away. A woman stepped forward. The wolves where standing by her side. Fernion did not like those creatures and neither one of his companion's aswell.

"I say we shoot them down before they kill antoher one." One of the elves said.

"But the leader said we could only kill "her" if necesary." Another said.

"I don't think they mean us any harm, but those wolves are not to be trusted." Fernion said on his turn.

They all agreed that the wolves had to be taken out before they would charge. You can reason with people, but not with wolves. One of the elves raized his bow and took a shot at the foul beast. The arrow flew trough the sky and would have killed the wolve, but the other one jumped in front of him and got hit in his hindquarters. The wolve tamer did not like this at all. She trew a knife towords the archer. What ignorance! The nightelves had enough of these trespassers. As they charged the group did aswel. The nightelves fought fast, hitting them with the helt's of their swords. Within a couple of minutes they where all out cold.

They tied them on sticks and took them back to the camp. At the gate they where left in and the leader was waiting again.

"Put them into the same cell as the previous trespasser and try to avoid any contact between them." He ordered.

Fernion did as tolled. He locked them away in a cell. Some of the trespassers began to regain concience.

"There is enough food for you. Prepare yourself for tomorrow." Fernion said.

[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
List Of Engines

Old 01-23-2003, 08:09 AM   #68
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye awoke abruptly with a throbbing pain at the side of her head. When she opened her eyes, she realized she sat alone in a dark cell, with both her hands bound to a large stick. The night elves had taken her. Again.

Raye did not take a moment to wonder what happened to the others. She never did care about them and did not care what happened to them. Instead, the murderess allowed memories to consume her.

She had been a captive of the night elves before. Five years ago, Raye had wandered aimlessly into the Grey Mountains, not knowing of its dangers. When the elves found her, the murderess put up a fight, but it was not enough. She lost the fight and was taken prisoner, accused of trespassing and murder. But no one could stop Raye. She proved that when she escaped two days later.

And now she had been captured again. Fool! Raye thought. Why did she ever agree to lead the others to the Grey Mountains? But the murderess did not panic. She would find a way to escape again and would've already planned it by now if her head did not throb so much.

Before Raye could put in another thought about escape, the cell door unlocked. In stepped three figures. Torches were lit and light filled the entire room. Raye immediately recognized the first face. It was Aragilath, a night elf she remembered clearly from her last stay in prison. He was the one who had captured her and visited her often, showing a particular hate for the murderess. She had killed his best friend, something the night elf still hadn't forgiven her for, seeing the look on his face now.
"Chain her to that post," Aragilath said to the others, pointing to a post that stood at the center of the room.
The two others, whom Raye only vaguely recognized, obeyed Aragilath's command silently and took hold of the murderess. The moment they touched her, Raye attacked. She kicked one in the stomach, causing him to double over and the other was hit hard in the face with the stick when she turned abrubtly on him. But in the end, Raye once again lost the fight and the night elves managed to drag her to the post. They chained her arms above her head to the post, then secured her legs. Aragilath ordered the two elves to leave and then he and Raye were alone.

Aragilath, who stood only a few feet away from the murderess, gave her a hateful glare. Raye returned it.
"I never thought you foolish enough to return to the mountains," the night elf said.
"Well, then you thought wrong," was her response.
"So, you want to cause more trouble, is that it?" Aragilath asked. "Seems so. You even brought friends to help."
"I have no friends," Raye lied.
"Then who are the others?"
"I was leading them into the mountains. One was in search of her brother. Another her pony. The rest came for whatever reason."
"Oh, really?"
"Yes. And I suppose you have the brother. And perhaps the pony, too."
Aragilath only smiled. "Why did you lead them here? You don't normally help ones find lost others, do you?"
"Their fate was in my hands. I know what other dangers lie in these mountains besides night elves. I can lead them to their deaths if I wish to, which I do."
Aragilath's smile faded. "Not anymore. Your companions' fates are in my hands now. And I will not kill them."
"Why not? Surely you have killed before."
"Because I am not some merciless monster!" Aragilath gritted his teeth in anger. "Why do you kill anyway, girl?"
Raye smiled, pleased to here this question. "It's entertaining. Why else? Also, it disposes useless beings; mortals and immortals."
"My men you killed out there weren't useless. Neither was my friend."
"Well, that's just a matter of perspective."
Aragilath cried out, angry by the fact that the murderess felt no sympathy for those she had killed. After calming down, he said, "Raye is your name, is it not?"
"It is not. But that is what I'm called, so you may call me that also. Or, you may call me Murderess, if you'd like, for that is what I'm also called." Raye grinned.
"Well, Raye, then, you will show pride no longer for your horrific acts, for now the fate you have given innocent victims will be turned back to you. You will stay in this cell with no food or water and my men will see that you do not remain comfortable. After the sixth day, if you are still alive, I will see to it that you are finished off."
"I thought you didn't like to kill, Aragilath."
"I don't. But I always see to it that those who kill for pleasure get a fair punishment. And you deserve to die."
Raye could take it no longer. She screamed and spat at the night elf, cursing him. In response, Aragilath hit her hard in the face, and cursed her back.
"I'm through with you," Aragilath said. He pulled out a knife and pressed it at Raye's neck, just enough to allow a trickle of blood to fall.
"Your fate that I told to you will come to pass," he continued. "Do not try to escape this time, for you will not succeed. The doors are well guarded and you are tightly bounded to this post. You will die here, I guarantee it. Do not waste you energy on thinking otherwise, for it will not happen."
Aragilath then picked up the last of the torches and walked out of the cell room, slamming and locking the door shut.

Once again, Raye was alone.

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 01-23-2003, 03:02 PM   #69
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin woke slowly. For a moment she was happy in that little moment between sleep and wakefulness...before the searing pain in her head caught up with her. Despite herself she winced then froze, her eyes still closed.

After a moment she opened one eye, then the other and sighed with relief. She was alone. Either that or there were some really unobservant guards, she thought, smiling slightly. Then her smile faded. No. The night elves were anything but unobservant...

Forcing herself with some difficulty onto her knees on the cold stone floor she looked around. The cell was cold and damp and completely dark except for one torch, flickering in its bracket, not doing much to dispel the darkness all around. Not a problem for one who had spent all her life with creatures of the night.. Tallins head began to throb and she lifted a hand to fell it- before dropping it with a clatter. Ah. Chained wrists however would cause a little bit of a problem...

She was alone in the cell and there was no sign of any guards; if there were any they would have surely looked in when they heard the slight rattle of her chains. But she didnt intend to stay so alone...

"Jet? Dia? Can you hear me?"

Nothing.

"JET? OBSIDIAN?!..."

Still silence. She tried contacting them one by one but the silence still remained. She shivered slightly. Nothing had happened, she told herself. Nothing had...happened...Please Eru, let nothing have happened...

Well, there was one other option open for a mindspeaker. One other option. She hadnt tried contacting another elf or human for a long time, but she had tried once.

And theres a reason for that isnt there Tallin? The nasty little voice nagged. Yes. The memory came back, the memory of a lonely child trying to contact the race that had abandoned her... She closed her eyes and tried to block it out.

No! She had to do this! Although she hated to say it, this was her only hope, and a slim one at that.

Concentrating, Tallin reached out her mind to find Rayes...
Old 01-24-2003, 06:57 PM   #70
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel woke up alone. Her head really hurt and there were funny lights blinking in front of her eyes. On and off, on and off, on and off...they just kept flashing in her mind. She blinked and the lights stopped, leaving only her throbbing head. She put her hand to the painful spot, wincing as lights flashed again as she touched her head, and pulled her hand away. That hand was curiously wet. She brought her hand to her mouth. The wetness was most definitely blood. Hwestlaeriel looked around in the dark. She was alone in a little cell. What had happened? There were the Dark Elves and the arguing and the imprisonment, but what happened after that? She had been quickly knocked out, apparently, for she did not remember being abducted nor anything about being brought to this damp, dark room.

Hwestlaeriel tried to stand, but immediately got a spell of dizziness, forcing her to sit back down for a second. She slowly stood again, and felt her way to the wall. The wall was hard, stone apparently. She briefly leaned on the wall, trying to get her bearings in the pitch dark.

She felt around herself, trying to see what supplies she still had. She realized that nearly everything had been taken from her, leaving her only in what clothing she had under her cloak.

Berethion. Where was Berethion? He had not been with them, had he? Was he nearby? Could he hear her? He could save her; he always saved her when a crisis arose.

"Berethion!" Hwestlaeriel yelled. She doubled over, for the yell had caused another dizzy spell.

She listened for a time, but there was no answer. Hwestlaeriel began to shiver. It was cold here, was it not? There was no fire nearby, that was certain.

Hwestlaeriel slid down the wall, crying softly. Why could she not see? Why was it so dark? Why was Berethion not here to aid her now, when she needed him the most? Where was she? Where were the others?

Hwestlaeriel sat alone and frightened in the dark, wondering why she ever left her comfortable home.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:34 AM   #71
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin leant her back against the wall, releasing her concentration. In the end she hadnt tried to speak to Raye. She had heard the end of the conversation between her and Araglith, who she presumed to be the top elf.

She stared reflectively at the ceiling. Raye really killed for fun? And so proud of it too it seemed...and why did the woman hate her so much? Well, perhaps not any more, but why had she...

Tallin dropped her head into her hands as she dropped into sitting position. So many thoughts spinning around were making her head ache even more. Well, it was a foolish attempt anyway; Raye was human, she probably wouldnt have been able to reply, even if she had wanted to.

Her head shot up. Hwesta! She still had that hope. And there was a slim chance, such a slim chance, that the elf would be able to reply, but it was still there.

"Hwesta?" She searched gently for the girls mind, repeating her name. Got it!

"Hwesta?" She felt the girl sit straight upright and grinned to herself.

"Who are you?" She cried, her voice still shaking with tears. Tallin could just hear her speaking aloud through her mind.

"Its me Tallin"
Old 01-26-2003, 01:07 PM   #72
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arrelle woke up, she was lying on a cold stone floor. She had obviously been there for a while, her cheek hurt where she'd been lying on it and she really needed to roll over. She went to sit but found her stomach hurt and stopped, oh yes, she remembered, she'd been gaurding her head with her hands so they'd hit her in her stomach to get her hands out of the way.

She pushed herself up with many 'ow's and gasps and sat, leaning against the wall.
"Are you alright?" Arrelle jumped, which did nothing for the pain.
"yes I-... No, I'm really not alright." she replied to the voice coming from a dark corner of the cell. "who are you?"
"I'm Yenhofir."
"Oh Yenhofir, I'm sorry, I didn't reconise your voice."
"That's fine, by the sound of things you have more on your mind." Well, she was right about that, her stomach wasn't bleeding but she could tell that it would be bruised if she looked at it. She wasn't feeling all too well either, at least she didn't have a headache, though there was a little throbbing at the back of her head.

"where are the others?" Arrelle asked
"I'm not sure," Replied Yenhofir, I've been watching the gaurds outside though, there are other cells out there."
"There are gaurds out there? Those elves are far too quiet."
Old 01-26-2003, 01:55 PM   #73
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"I- Hwesta? HWESTA?"

Tallin could no longer hear the other elf; she must have slipped into inconciousness or something. "Dammit!" Tallin cried out before remembering herself and shutting her mouth sharply. No sound came from outside the cell still. She leant her back against the wall, dropping her head back to stare at the ceiling.

Raye was even worse than Tallin had thought her to be.
Hwesta was quite probably unconcious.
The wolves were somewhere out there, maybe too far away for Tallin to be able to contact them maybe...no, keep optimistic.

Optimistic. By Eru, that word didnt come easily right now. Tallin could see a drip from the corner out of the corner of hey eye.

Drip.
Drip.
Drip.

Tallin gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the noise. There was Yenofir and Arrelle as well, she could try and contact them...

Drip.
Drip.
Drip.

...but that hadnt worked with the others, it probably wouldnt work with them.

Drip.

The sound of the dripping was getting mesmerizing now and it took Tallin until the third drip until and idea hit her. She sat straight up. Water! Of course! The water had to have a way of coming in, and if it did, Tallin might be able to use it as a way out.

Standing rather unsteadily, Tallin made her clanking way over to the source of the dripping...
Old 01-26-2003, 04:07 PM   #74
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel heard the voice calling her. It was Tallin! Where was she? Hwestlaeriel sat upright, trying to figure out where the "voice" was coming from.

She realized that the voice was in her head! What skill did this Tallin possess?

In her enthusiasm, Hwestlaeriel tried to stand. She immediately knew that standing was a mistake. Before she could steady herself, she felt her body fall towards the stone wall. Her head hit the stone and she fell, unconscious, to the ground, her wound, which had mostly scabbed over, reopening and beginning to bleed again, in earnest.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:18 PM   #75
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It was late and the yellow face was half way down when Fernion went downstairs to get the prisoners. He went to the cellar and called out the guards that had been watching them.

"How are they doing?" Fernion asked the head of the guard.

"Well one tried to stand up and fell. She's out cold now. The rest is doing fine. The wolf child has found the water and is probably working out some "master plan" to escape." The elv said.

"Hm, she is not the only one. According to Aragilath she has some sort of gift. He says she could contact all living things by mind. It is best to take her out first. Go get the prisoners." Fernion said.

The Guard's got the shackles and went into the doors. 10 minutes later they came back, accompanied by the group of trespassers. They led them to the courtroom and went in.

Aragilath was already waiting. The prisoners where guided to chairs and sat down.

"You have trespassed our borders and attacked the inhabitants. You have also been travelling with a criminal and killed some of our people. Normally you would have been sentenced to death. But you were not here to kill. You where here to find a person is it not?"

Ainabeleth gritted here teeth, but said nothing.

"Very well, here is my ruling. You will be imprisoned for life. You will be sharing the same cell, but will never come out of it again, unless you proof to be worth it. For mortals under you, this means you will die imprisoned. For the immortals among you, this will mean that you will stay imprisoned for at least 3000 years. Thus is my ruling. Guards, take them away." Aragilath said.

"Wait, wait! Oh noble lord! Where is Raye!? She is not with us! What will happen to her?!" Tallin shouted while being dragged away.

While her feet dragged over the floor she could just hear Aragilath say:

"She will be dead within 7 days."
________
Ford Five Hundred Picture

Old 01-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #76
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

There was a grid at the top of Tallins cell, which was where the water was dripping from. Or more precisely, it was running along the ceiling and dripping, because the grid was in the middle of the room. Tallin sighed as she glared at it for a few seconds, wondering if she concentrated hard enough if she would be able to shift the grid along the roof to be nearer to her.

It didnt work.

Somehow she managed to twist her arms in front of her by pulling her legs through the loop and from there managed to get a grip on one of the torch brackets and, using a gap in the stone on the wall, she managed to climb up to be standing on the bracket. It creaked. Tallin wasnt at all heavy, but then, she wasnt a torch either. She balanced precariously. She could probably jump the distance. If she did, and if she swung her arms up far enough, she would be able to get a hold on the grid. Ok, after three. One, two, thr-

As Tallin was just about to jump, the door swung open. She started to jump, but was put off and halfway through turning in the direction of the door. With a clatter she landed less than gracefully, with her arms once again behind her

The night elf at the door stared at her, blinked a few times and then coughed nervously. Tallin glared at him as venomously as she had glared at the grid. He walked towards her and she struggled half up, to her knees, then to her feet as he yanked her up by an arms and marched out of the door.

"...cannot be natural, for one to be able to speak with animals. I think she must be at least part wolf to be-"

As Tallin was dragged into the room, the speaker stopped and turned to look at her, and the others as they were marched in behind her. He motioned for them to sit in the chairs and, although she would rather have stood, Tallin was pushed into the chair beside Ainabeleth. Now she turned her grid-hating gaze on the elf at the front of the room. His back was to her at the moment, but from his voice she thought he must be Aragilath. Now he turned to address them.

"You have trespassed our borders and attacked the inhabitants. You have also been travelling with a criminal and killed some of our people. Normally you would have been sentenced to death. But you were not here to kill. You where here to find a person is it not?" His voice was strong and stern, but Tallin knew that this man was not a cruel man. Although, she thought with a shudder, he really hated wolves... She glanced at Ainabeleth, but the elf said nothing. Aragilath continued. "Very well, here is my ruling. You will be imprisoned for life. You will be sharing the same cell, but will never come out of it again, unless you proove to be worth it. For mortals under you, this means you will die imprisoned. For the immortals among you, this will mean that you will stay imprisoned for at least 3000 years. Thus is my ruling. Guards, take them away."

he turned away again, looking out of the large window at the front of the room. Tallin decided pride wasnt really going to be of much use to her here, so what the heck. "Wait, wait! Oh...noble lord! Where is Raye!? She is not with us! What will happen to her?!" She called desperately, yet trying to be polite. Even Oropher would have been surprised to hear her call anyone "Oh Noble Lord." Aragliath paused and Tallin thought she heard him sigh. "She will be dead within 7 days."

Tallin struggled against the guard holding her, wrenching herself out of his grip and in the process falling to her knees. She decided to make the most of this. Her wolves were gone, she knew not where, she had none of her medicines any more...her life was gone. Yet others...

"Noble Aragilath, if you will but spare my human friends and let Ainabeleth at least see her brother, I...I will stay imprisoned. And I promise I will teach you all I know about medicines." She kept her head bent to face the floor, her hair falling abut her face, biting her lip nervously.

Aragilath paused. Then, slowly, he walked across to her. Her guard wrenched her to her feet again and he looked her in the eyes, his brown to her amber. A long moment passed. Then Aragilath opened his moth to speak...

...and didnt manage it. For that was the moment the window smashed inwards with the force of something large, heavy and very, very angry...

[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 01-31-2003, 09:49 AM   #77
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Yenhofir bit her lip. She wasn't going to cry.
Damn...should have realised this was a bad idea...now how do we escape?
She attempted to twist away, but the guard only laughed and held her tighter. In rage she sank her teeth deep into his arm. With a yell, he made a fist and Yen was knocked out.
When she came round, she was in a cell, dark and damp, with the others crowded in.
Ok. Not the best thing to do...
Old 01-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #78
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin stared in horror at the huge thing that had burst through the window. Its massive bulk was half obscured by various vegetation, including what looked suspiciously like whole bushes, stopping her from seeing clearly what it actually was.

Behind her she heard the guard shout out as Yenhofir made a bid for her own freedom, biting him hard, before the girl was knocked unconcious. Tallin started towards them, angry at the elf who would strike down such a sweet girl before she heard the creature behind her bellow again.

Turning quickly, Tallin saw the massive troll like creature looming above her. Its club, or perhaps just a giant sized hand, was raised. It bellowed once again and Tallin flung herself to the side, knocking Aragilath and pulling him out of the way. A few seconds later the fist/club smashed down into the floor where they had been standing, splintering the wood....and two of the night elves. Tallin winced then turned back to the night elf leader who was struggling to his feet.

"Are you OK?" Tallin asked him, as she struggled to her knees; she still had the problem of tied arms. He stared at her and his face twisted into a wry grin for a moment; apparently the irony of this situation was not lost on him, before he realised that he was grinning at one of his cheif prisoners and it faded. "Aye." He replied shortly, and pulled her to her feet by her elbow. He looked at her for a moment, apparently confused, and Tallin looked back.

Some of the guards had driven off the creature, but as it lumbered away through the trees none of the guards seemed to keen to follow it. Aragilath turned Tallin around, cutting the ropes around her wrist with his sword. The wolfsoul was confused- this was too good to be true!- before he attached a thick shackle to each of her wrists from the front. Ah. That was too good to be true. Around the devastated room the others were being treated the same way, including the unconcious Yenhofir. As she was dragged away once again, Tallin mused on the confused expression she had seen on the night elf leaders face.

The others were flung in by the now moody guards and Tallin set about trying to wake up Yenhofir.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:09 AM   #79
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Raye stared into the darkness, waiting. She had been chained to the post for three days now and was already beginning to feel the presence of her approaching death.
Her stomach ached with hunger and her throat was cracked and dry. Twice a day night elves visited the murderess and beat her with sticks. The pain was unbearable, but Raye did not complain.
Aragilath took advantage of this. He tempted the murderess by telling her he would have mercy on her if she asked for it. But Raye refused to believe him. Even if the night elf was being honest, she would not lose her pride so easily.

Raye had given up hope long ago on any chance of escape. She quickly learned that Aragilath had been true to his word when he said escape was impossible. The chains that held her were fastened securely and for the first time in her life, the hook Raye had always concealed in her boot was useless. From day one, the murderess knew she would die here.

The fact she would die did not bother Raye. She had seen death too many times to fear it. It was the way she was to die that bothered the murderess. Though she had led Aragilath and the other night elves to believe she still had pride in herself, the truth was that she had lost it all. Raye was ashamed and embarrassed of what had happened to her. She was a murderess, and yet she allowed another being to kill her. She could not stand the thought of this.

Raye was still thinking about her own death when the cell door opened and then closed. She looked up, expecting Aragilath to be standing at the doorway with the usual smirk on his face, but instead she found herself staring at the reassuring face of Berethion.

The elf shook his head, almost smiling.
"Goodness, Corrowyn. What sort of trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?" he asked quietly.
"Berethion," Raye whispered, still unable to believe he was really there. "What are you doing here?"
Berethion smiled. "I promised to meet you on the night of the seventh day. Don't tell me you forgot about that, Corrowyn."
She had. During her stay in prison, Raye had lost track of how many days it had been since she left his cabin. Berethion was the last thing on her mind. But she would not admit this to the elf.
"How did you manage to get in here, Bereth?" the murderess asked.
"You're not the only one who can pick locks you know," Berethion responded, twirling a hook in hand.
"But there were guards."
"There were."
"And?"
"I killed them."
Raye frowned. "You don't kill, Berethion."
The elf shrugged his shoulders. "I do if it means saving another's life."
"I did not hear you fight them."
"I caught them by surprise."
Raye stared at the elf with a large frown on her face.
"Oh come now, Corrowyn," he said. "You must believe me. If I were lying, I wouldn't be here, would I?"
Raye nodded. She knew Berethion would never lie.
"Then if you truly came here to rescue me, why haven't you released me from these damn chains yet? I think I've been waiting long enough by now," she said rather impatiently.
But Berethion was quick to respond to Raye's request and got to work freeing her immediately.
Raye waited, trying to be a little more patient, still amazed that Berethion had saved her life for the second time.

Five years ago, Raye had managed to escape from the night elves without trouble. It was her attempt to escape the Grey Mountains where she was headed for disaster. The murderess had heard of the dreadful creatures that dwelled North. Unwilling to face whatever they were, she escaped from the night elves, and headed East.
The murderess quickly learned that heading East was a big mistake when she came across a swamp. It was the last thing Raye expected to see in the Grey Mountains, and the last place she wished to go. But by then, she had no other choice. She could not go back and face the night elves again. There was nowhere else to go but the swamp.
Raye had not been in the swamp long when she began to feel ill. Her head pounded and she felt nauseated. By the end of the day, the murderess had left the swamp, but the swamp sickness continued to feed on her strength. A fever raged inside her and by the time morning arrived, Raye was unconscious.
When she woke again, the murderess found herself lying in a bed inside a small cabin. An elf sat at her side, tending to her. He introduced himself as Berethion and told her he had found her on the borders of the Grey Mountains. The elf claimed that if he hadn't found her then, she would've died. Raye was too weak to disagree with what he said and allowed Berethion to care for her. She was surprised to find out the elf already knew much about her, as not only had he already heard of the murderess before, but he had listened to her crying out in her dreams. It amazed Raye that Berethion was still willing to care for her, despite the fact that she was a murderess. He did not fear her, but instead treated her like she were anyone else; something that no one had done before.
As Raye's strength slowly began to return, a trust for Berethion began to grow. She revealed to him her past and even her true name, which she had never told anyone before. By the time Raye had completely recovered, she and Berethion were close friends.
A month after Raye had awoken from her sickness, the two parted, going their separate ways. Since then, they had only occasionally seen each other, but did not have another actual conversation until that morning seven days ago.
And now, here was Berethion again, saving Raye's life unecessarily. The murderess owed so much to this elf, so much that she could not give him.

"There, all done," Berethion said as the last of Raye's chains were unfastened, freeing her arms.
Raye brought down her arms, sighing with relief. She felt so stiff and sore from lack of movement. The murderess knew she had become weak, but she did not realize how weak she had become until she tried to walk. The moment she took her first step, she collapsed in a heap into Berethion's arms. He sat Raye down for several moments, allowing her to regain her strength and energy before pulling her back up again. To much of Raye's delight, the elf then handed her lembas and a skin of water. She inhaled the lembas, washing it down with water, and felt much more refreshed when she finished and handed the skin back to her friend.
"We should go now," Berethion said suddenly. "We've lingered here too long. The night elves will begin to suspect something."
Raye nodded in agreement. "Which way do we go to get out of this nasty prison?" she asked.
"We're not leaving. Not yet."
"What?"
"We have to find the others first."
Raye crossed her arms, obviously unhappy. "The others?"
Berethion sighed. "Of course the others, Corrowyn. Why wouldn't we? Come now, I saved your life. The least you could do is save their's."
"It would be easier if only two of us escaped," Raye argued.
"I don't care, Corrowyn. I'm not leaving them behind! Especially not my sister. You can leave now if you want, but I'm getting the others, alone or not." Berethion opened the cell door and stepped outside the room.
"Well, that would be stupid," said Raye, following him out. "You'll get yourself killed without me."
Berethion grinned. "So, does that mean you're coming with me?"
"Yes, but...." Raye trailed off, realizing she had no weapons.
She scanned the dead bodies of the night elves, noting how well made their weapons were.
"Hold on," she told Berethion, wandering towards the bodies.
The murderess snatched a broadsword and every dagger she could find, claiming each of them as her own.
Raye was picking up the last dagger when she heard footsteps approaching, causing Berethion to signal urgently that it was time to go. Raye immediately obeyed the command and two of them ran opposite from the footsteps, turning into the left passageway in search of their lost companions.

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 02-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #80
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Tallin fiddled with the locks, picking at the carefully with a thin dagger; the guards had taken most of their weapons, but most of Tallins knives and daggers were too well hidden. She heard in click once...twice...

"I need to see him! I need to know whether hes alive!"

Belle once more burst out randomly. Tallins hand slipped as she jerked in shock, cursing under her breath. She understood that the Lorien elf was worried, but it was driving her crazy. She took a deep breath and stuck the dagger point back in the lock. After a few wiggles and careful twists she heard the first click...the second...

Footsteps along the corridor made the wolftamer stop again, frustrated. She backed away from the door a few steps, then heard the feet stop. She slipped another dagger out of her clothes. If they were going to come in a try anything again, she was going to be ready...

Then she heard the lock click, once, twice, three times; not the sound of a key, but of wire or something. What the...The door was unlocked, but something was going on outside. A frantic whispered conversation made by two furious voices made Tallin creep forward. She looked through the lock and her eyes widened. "Berethion?!" She whispered incredulously.

A pause on the other side of the door, followed by the female voice. "Well now they know. We're never going to get out now."
"Corrowyn!"

Corrowyn? Tallin wondered about who that could be before Berethion opened then door, making Tallin stumble back down the steps sharply and, although her eyes couldnt believe it, Berethion was there. With Raye. Tallin was shocked at Rayes appearance, she was bruised all over and ragged. She stared, then smiled at Raye, but only recieved a venomous glare. Woah, calm Raye...or is it Corrowyn...

The others were now standing behind her, as surprised as Tallin had been. Hwesta ran past Tallin, flinging herself into her brothers arms, making him stumble back a few steps laughing. Raye only rolled her eyes.

"Well, are you coming or shall we lock you all back in?" She snapped. Tallin returned her glare and walked up the steps, followed by Arrelle, Faryn, Belle and Yenhofir. Tallin raised an eyebrow at Berethion as she saw the two dead guards lying outside, already stripped of their weapons. Said weapons were already being passed around.

"I was worried about you Tallin." He murmered, smiling slightly. Tallin didnt smile back. "Aye. Thats why you let the murdress out first." She replied sharply. He opened his mouth to reply, then shut it. Tallin looked away and turned back to business mode.

"Come. Lets go. The elves will no doubt know of our going soon."