User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2002, 03:08 PM   #81
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lorin had been sitting at the fire cooking the rabbit she had caught, smiling as the ranger finally got her comeuppance.

"Green smoke to the south!"
"I suppose this means we're moving again then?" Lorin muttered to Min. Lorin packed up the now cooked rabbit and Min put out the fire. The group mounted their horses, if they had them, and got ready to leave again.

Dykoria stayed well away from the rest of the group as they got ready to leave so Lorin rode up to her, feeling slightly sorry for her now. As Brilthonien appraoched Morne Nuru pinned his ears, so Lorin dismounted and sent Brilthonien to walk with the others.
"Come to poke fun at me?" said Dykoria sulkily.
"No," said Lorin "I'm just wondering if you intend on staying away from the group for the whole journey, or if you intend to make freinds with the others here?"
Old 11-01-2002, 09:34 AM   #82
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Zohariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Zohariel grinned, looking like a skeleton, then sat down. For now the dead had been forgotten. She liked Hreeza, and Hreeza was one of the first people not to judge her on looks. The rest of the group though...they could shove it. She decided to tag along though, if not solely to annoy that stuck up Maia and that snob of an elf, then to see what they were doing.
Her mind made up, she realised that everyone was packing up. She picked herself up and felt again the pang of death. Trying to ignore it, she slung her flat pack across her shoulders and trudged alongside the horses. Hreeza was floating overhead and Zohariel gazed at her, wishing she could fly. She didn't even have a horse.
If someone offers you a horse to share, throw away your pride and say yes. Otherwise you'll end up like a walking skeleton, like you aren't already. But Zohariel knew it would be difficult to put away the pride that stopped her accepting help. Still, no-one had offered her a horse yet. She came to the conclusion that they didn't like her and she didn't like them (except Hreeza). She wondered though, about the pair that had sat cooking rabbit. She had not spoken to them ,although they had been watching her.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:27 PM   #83
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Hreeza floated in the air overhead, guiding Arawil with her silvery sheen to the hut in the forest where the children were. She took a deep breath, revelling in being away from the land walkers for a while, being high on the winds, in her elements. There was not one in the group who had not got a problem with at least one other. Then there were ones like Dykoria and Zohariel who'd fallen out with everyone. Zohariel...

That one was a mystery. A necromancer? Yet not a altogether willing one. And a trouble maker as well; if she continued with her attitude towards Arawil, she would end up with her own wards, the Dead, far sooner than she might think...

Hreeza couldnt help smiling though when she thought of the fight between Dykoria and the necromancer. Dykoria had had it coming to her, and Zohariel had given it to her with a vengeance! And her first reaction hadnt been to whirl a sword in the air madly when she heard voices coming out of the air, and to continue whirling in disbelief when the wind sprite told them her species. Earlier on Hreeza had retrieved Zohariels sword (for lack of a better word) although she wasnt entirely sure it was a good move...

Glancing behind her and down, Hreeza saw the necromancer walking alone, seemingly daydreaming. Walking. Not one of them had even offered her a horse yet! She-

Hreeza was interupted from her thoughts as the feeling of strange deadness came over her again. A shiver spread over her as she looked around, locating exactly where they were, and she felt the trace of the children and the huge man again...and that of another, dark creature... Shaking herself she floated down to Arawil. By the disturbed look on the maias face, Arawil had felt the strangeness as well, and a hush had fallen over the group. Arawil unsheathed her sword, motioning for the others to do the same, and as they walked on te feeling of unease grew deeper...
Old 11-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #84
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

"It all depends...on whether or not I like you." Dykoria looked Lorin in the eye, and gave a small smirk.
"I see." Lorin stood up and started to walk away.
"Well, if you wanna have a good start, you might want to share you rabbit with me, and I promise I will be nice." Dykoria gave a genuine smile and Lorin came back over.
"So, you promise to be nice?" She asked.
"Yes." The ranger replied.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:13 PM   #85
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin smiled back, she knew that Dykoria couldn't be all bad, she passed Dykoria a leg of rabbit and took another leg for herself.
"So, what do you think of that necromancer?"
asked Lorin. Dykoria stared in disbelief, "What do you think?" she said. Lorin realised what she had said and laughed, "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking,"
"That was obvious." said Dykoria,
"I'll choose to ignore that, for the sake of a good start," Lorin was interrupted by Brilthonien nuzzling at her for food, this annoyed Morne Nuru who bared his teeth, "Sorry," said Lorin as she led Brithonien away, mounted her and took up her usual space next to Min.

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 11-04-2002, 08:07 AM   #86
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A young elf, or who looked young, was walking through the woods. A woman, amongst her sobs, had asked Elentari to find her child for her. She said the child was kidnapped by a large man while playing in the forest.

"After wandering for so long I FINALLY get to do something to help someone." though Elentari to herself.

After a little bit more walking, Elentari almost walked right out onto a path, where she saw the oddest looking group of people walking along it.

"There's a fairly large man there. I wonder if he kidnapped the child." She decided to follow the strange group to see where they were going.

[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-05-2002, 09:44 AM   #87
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel felt her hollow stomach. She realised that she had been so preoccupied she had still not gotten anything to eat. She recalled one person cooking something....smelt like rabbit...that one! On the horse....ok...they were all on horses. But Dykoria was with him. Oh well, stuff her. Zohariel sauntered up to Lorin and held out her hand.
"I'm Zohariel. You?" Lorin frowned. Zohariel took that to mean Lorin was offended by her appearance like so many other shallow types.
"Fine. Its just, I'm starving and you seem to have a supply of cooked rabbit. I have a few bits of silver. Would ya sell me some?"
Old 11-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #88
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Right," thought Elentari. "It's now or never." The Elf leapt out from the bushes and ran straight up to Min. "What have you done with the child" she yelled. Unfortunatly for Elentari, Arawil had been warned of her presence by Hreeza and was soon attacking the Elf.

"Get away from him!" shouted the Maia unexpectantly.

"You defend one so evil?" questioned Elentari. "Then you too are my enemy." Elentari whisled sharply and, only moments later, a pure white horse jumped out of the bushes. It didn't even have to stop for the swift Elf to mount as Elentari quickly leapt onto her horses back. "Noro lim, noro lim, Raana!" As the Elf said this Raana, or Moon in the common tongue, galloped back towards the bushes.

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-05-2002, 01:07 PM   #89
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin was a bit taken aback, she stared for a while at this strange person,
"Well? Will you accept my offer?" Lorin shook herself, "You don't need to pay me, we won't be needing money where we are going if the tales are true, here." she said as she handed Zohariel a piece of rabbit. Zohariel ate greedily, Lorin was a little disgusted by the necromancers manners, she ate every last piece of meat and she continued to chew the bone.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:01 PM   #90
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Arawil stood, sword upraised, and watched the elf gallop away. "What in the name of the Valar was wrong with her?" she asked. Min shook his head, obviously in the dark as to why this woman had attacked him.

Hreeza chuckled in Arawil's ear. "How could anyone think Min was evil? I can't think of anyone who looks more innocent!"

Arawil smiled grimly and nodded.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:13 PM   #91
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Elentari rode away from the path she wondered why the group was traveling so openly. And for an evil kidnapper the Elf hadn't looked very strong, she though, refering to Min. Elentari dicided she would continue to follow the band of travellers to find out where the child might have been taken.

As Elentari went back to the path she saw Hreeza.

So, they have a wind Sprite, thought Elentari, Why would a wind Sprite travel with such evil? Maybe I made a mistake. Elentari considered things for a while. Maybe the mother of the child she was looking for had said *she stole my child* not *He stole my child* It had been hard to tell amounst the sobbing. And that Necromancer looked oddly suspisious anyway.

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-05-2002, 03:37 PM   #92
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin went up to Min "Are you alright?" she asked.
"Yes," said Min "Just a bit shaken"
"I should think so! What was it she accused you of? Something about a child?"
"she must have thought that I kidnapped a child."
"You? Kidnap someone?" Lorin started to laugh.
"It's not that unbelievable thankyou very much! I could if I wanted to." said Min, a little put out.
"Just as long as you don't want to then." said Lorin.
"Hurry up back their!" called Arawil, "I want to find this person."

They all urged their horses faster, then, Lorin looked behind her and noticed Zohariel struggling to keep up, it wasn't a particularly nice thought, but she had to, her mother had taught her manners for a reason. She turned Brithonien towards the necromancer and held her hand out to her "would you like a ride?" she asked.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:59 PM   #93
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just as Zohariel was about to stubonly refuse the Elf's generous offer she remember what hse had told herself - If someone offers you a horse to share, throw away your pride and say yes.
"Thankyou, Lorin" she accepted kindly. Lorin helped her up onto Brithoniel and sped up to catch up with the others.

Hreeza found it hard to see where the Elf, who had attacked Min, had gone. No images of appeared showing her where the Elf had gone. Even the whites horse's tracks were hard to find. It was as if they were ghosts. But they weren't, and Hreeza knew it. They were just very skilled in hiding themselves. However, no horse can cover up it's scent after running a long distance, and Arawil soon picked up a trail.

~~~~~

As Elentari followed the strangers she marvelled at how well they were picking up her tracks, for there being almost no tracks at all. It dawned on her that her horse must have run a long way and fast to reach her so quick when the Elf called her.

"Oh Moon," said Elentari to her horse. "We may have to go and lay some false trails. But we best rest or they'll pick up the scent again!" Elentari laughed as her magnificent mare stopped suddenly, making Elentari fall off, then licked her on the face.

"Moon, will I never learn to predict when you do that?" she said jokingly as she stood up. "Let's rest a while. We'll soon pick up their trail again. They are not taking enough care. Especially those on horses."
Old 11-05-2002, 06:05 PM   #94
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"What was up with that elf?" Dykoria asked Lorin.
"I have no idea, what was all that about her calling Min evil? That's absurd." Lorin replied.
"Yah, she should have come after you." Zohariel said with a smile.
"Watch your tounge, Necromancer, or I might just feel need to hurt you." Dykoria sneered.
"Please, stop, I don't care to hear you two bicker." Lorin said calmly.
"C'mon, we need to catch up." Dykoria said, as she urged Morne Nuru into an easy canter, and Lorin followed.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:32 AM   #95
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel wiped her mouth and ran her toungue over her teeth. The rabbit had not been particularly nice, but it was food and Zohariel was so hungry she would have gladly eaten worse.
"So, whats your name?" she whispered to Lorin.
"Lorin. You?"
"Zohariel. Thanks for the rabbit, though herbs, maybe? I make a good rabbit stew. And, I have some herbs in my bag. Not many, and certainly not enough to stave off hunger. Just some parsley, a little thyme, some cinnamon and basil. I mostly use them for healing."
Lorin turned briefly to face the Necromancer. "You know the arts of plant healing?" she said, surprised. "But I thought only..." she trailed off.
"Only educated people know that?" Zohariel finished in a savage voice. "Well, it may surprise you to know that I was educated. And under one of the finest Maia this side of Mirkwood."
Old 11-06-2002, 04:01 PM   #96
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Elentari rode Moon, bareback as always, back round infront of the group she decided that instead of just laying a trail, she would let them chase her for a while.

"Glos roch, Raana, cel be i ngawad gwae, na ed cel glams"
(White horse, moon, run like the wind, to out run foes <<sorry if really bad elvish, but it's my first go at making up stuff>>

With that, Moon ran into plain view of the strange group of travellers.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #97
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"There! Ahead!" cried Hreeza, the elf was sitting atop her horse, watching them. "Get after her!" yelled Arawil as she jabbed her own horse into a speedy gallop, the elf infront of her spun and gallped off down the path, the others followed not far behind.

They rode along, jumping over logs and ducking under branches as they went. Soon though the elf infront slowed and stepped cautiosly forward, the group nearly caught up when they too felt why the chase had now ended. It was an uneasy feeling, the horses tossed their heads nervously, Lorin patted Brilthonien's shoulder, trying to calm her, taking up her bow at the same time. The others drew their swords and knives, though not quite knowing what they were preparing to fight.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:59 AM   #98
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As they neared the elf, who they now realised had golden brown hair, she turned round to challenge them.

"Why have you not yet admitted to your crime?" Elentari shouted in challenge to Min, whilst pointing Star (her sword) at him.

"What crime?" shouted Min in reply. "What are you talking about? I don't understand!"

"Elf," said Arawil, adressing Elentari. "Who are you? And why do you blame this crimeless elf, who we know as Min? He has done nothing. He wouldn't hurt a fly."
<<AH! Cliche>>
"He stole a child." shouted Elentari, her anger rising. "My name, on the otherhand, is not your business to know!" As she said this, she charged at Min, and knocked him off his horse. Min lay on the floor, unaware of the gathering group around him.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:11 AM   #99
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Dykoria sat atop Morne Nuru, who gave a small rear, his nostril's flaring.
"Calm down, it's alright." Dykoria soothed her horse.
"Who is that?" Dykoria leaned over to Lorin.
"I don't know." She replied.
The girl on the pure white horse ahead sat tall, and looked somewhat angry.

(OOC: sry that was short, my class ended...)
Old 11-07-2002, 08:28 AM   #100
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Instantly, Arawil stood in front of Min. The elf had charged at him, shouting a fierce battle cry. Arawil leapt backwards and drew her sword, blocking the maiden's desperate thrust. She did not attack, merely defended herself and Min expertly, waiting for the girl to exhaust herself.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #101
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin climbed down from Brilthonien "Min!" she called "Min come on! Get up!" Min just groaned and rolled over, "He must be quite badly hurt," said Dykoria coming over "She did hit him hard." Lorin knelt down next to Min "Tell me where it hurts."
"My stomach," Min coughed "And my head." Lorin lifted up Min's shirt, underneath the skin was badly bruised and there was a cut, "Zohariel you said you knew the arts of plant healing, we could use some help."
Old 11-07-2002, 12:43 PM   #102
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Mean while, Arawil was still defending herself and Min against the elf.

"You think I'll tire?" said Elentari. "You think I am young. Compared to you I maybe, but I am not. You wished to know my name. I am Elentari the Wise, elf-wizard from Rivendell. I am more than 2000 years old. Why do you still defend one so evil?" She screamed an elvish war cry as she fought harder against the Maia.

"Why do you still call him evil?" shouted Arawil, now getting annoyed and fighting back. "He has done nothing. I myself can tell you this."

"Please," whispered Hreeza in Elentari's ear. "Why do you think he is evil? Explain so we may understand."

"Away from me Sprite." shouted the raged Elf, taking a well aimed swing at Hreeza with her sword, even though she knew it would do nothing. "I will not explain anything to ones so evil." With one last powerful strike at Arawil, the Elf swiftly mounted her horse and galloped off.

[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-10-2002, 07:56 AM   #103
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC: I cant actually get to the RPGs third page, so Im doing my best without that.

Hreeza watched in astonishment as the strange woman came and went in a flash. She had only detected her precense seconds before she tried to attack Min. How strange...

Arawil looked irritated at this intrusion and still had her sword in her hand.

"Looks like we are not the only ones to be dealing with the fate of the kidnapper." Hreeza murmered to the maia. Arawil nodded slowly, as she turned her horse again. A weeping willow was rooted in front of them, its long branches drooping over the path in front of them.

The sprite braced herself. She knew that the children were behind there. Along with there dark kidnapper. As the group started forward she stopped them.

"Wait." Arawil stared at her in surprise. So did the others. It seemed for a moment Hreeza stared at herself in surprise. Still, shed started now. "I do not know exactly lies beyond there, but I feel the dark powers. Have caution my friends."

Stunned silence. Then Dykoria scoffed. "Have caution? Please. Im a ranger- I dont need caution!" She drew her sword and surged forward through the willow. Anroth, by some way of rangerly companionship went after her, his weapon drawn also. The others looked at Arawil and where they suspected Hreeza to be. Hreeza herself had a major sinking feeling about this. Then she too followed, with the others beside and behind her as they came quite cautiously while seeming confident through the willow to the clearing...

Where there was no sign of Dykoria or Anroth!
Old 11-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #104
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<<I thought Anroth wasn't there anymore, or I would have attacked him, not Min>>

As Elentari rode away, she wondered, again, if she had made a mistake. All the evil creatures, elves and men she had come across had never defended each other like that. But she had felt a horrifically strong power of evil near by.

The elf swung Rana round and headed back to where she had attacked Min. Many things now happened at once.

She saw a large man leap out and grab two of the humans from the strange group she had been traking. She also heard an evil laugh from inside the hut she was standing next to.

She then saw the rest of the strange group walk from behind the willow. Elentari was about to warn them when she heard an evil laugh behind her.

"Oh no, my pretty" said an Elf. "You wont be warning them in a hurry."

Elentari swung round, only to be knocked unconcious by a powerful blow to her head.

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:11 AM   #105
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC: No, we're killing him off. It has a better effect.

Hreeza saw a flash of movement nearby and was over there in a shot. An elf, the very elf who had attacked Min earlier was being dragged into the strange hut she had seen before, hidden behind some trees. She hovered uncertainly for a moment, then decided her friends come over one other elf, whod already proved herself to be unpredictable and possibly not on their side, although something told Hreeza this was wrong. She came back quickly to Arawil.

"Over there behind the trees, there is a hut. And in it abides not only the children and their kidnappers, but also the elven maiden we met earlier and no doubt the two rangers."

Arawil looked and the others turned to see what she was looking at.

"I feel evil in this place and the sense of death is stronger than ever..." Zohariel murmered quietly, massaging her temples. This backed up what Hreeza herself felt and she was about to say so to the necromancer, before a huge crash made her turn quickly. The huge man, the one she had seen in the distraught womans memories, was thundering towards them, yelling ferociously. But his eyes were strangely blank...
Old 11-10-2002, 03:11 PM   #106
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Morluinien looked at her captives. She knew that the others would come for them.

"Ah, well, I will deal with them when the time comes," she thought to herself.

"You will never get away with this," one of the Elves said to Morluinien, spitting at her. Morluinien looked steadily at the girl.

"Rhaw a sereg tulo a no nin," Morluinien whispered. The Elf cried out in pain and found herself paralyzed, even after the pain had subsided.

"We will see how much I get away with," Morluinien whispered as the Elf struggled to catch her breath, "Bran! Stay here! I need you here with me!"

The big man turned from the door he had been prepared to go through.

"Erm...m'lady...I was...going to check the area," he stammered.

"Well, stay. I want you to stay," Morluinien said coolly.

The two stayed, guarding their prisoners...
Old 11-11-2002, 12:50 PM   #107
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Let me go," Elentari struggled to say. "I demand you let me go. You do not know who you are dealing with."

"Oh, but of course I know," Morluinien said sharply. "You are Elentari the Wise, Wlf-Wizard from Rivendell. Why do you think I paralized you? I know you need your hands free, or at least movable, to summon your staff. <<sp?>>"

"Then you must be Morluinien." reply the elf-wizard calmly. "My friends in Rivendell told me of you."

"So," replied Morluinien, looking careflly at the elf-wizards expression. "What did they tell you?"

"That you are nothing but a weak fool!" shouted Elentari, spitting in the evil elf's face. "You can't-"

Elentari was cut short but a noise at hte door of the hut. Morluinien turned, only to see Bran running in, quickly closing the door behind him.

"FOOL!" shouted Morluinien. "I told you to stay in here!"

<<I did that to make the last post less contridicting, and well kinda in the past (more than it already is [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] >>
Old 11-11-2002, 05:30 PM   #108
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<OOC: The big guy you're talking about there is Bran?! Oops...didn't know that...thought it was someone else...sorry>

Morluinien watched Bran leave.

"Do not worry, he will return," she said, using her will once more. She was beginning to tire from using her powers so much.

As the big man ran towards the others, suddenly his knees gave out and he fell, gasping.

Morluinien smiled as she heard him gasp and fall. She turned once more to Elentari.

"Weak, no. Fool...yes, maybe I am one," she said out loud, "Ah, well, never mind. At least she taught me one unbreakable spell before she was slaughtered...by you that is...well, by your people. Nir bor nîn na nirnaeth nîn, thal nîn na deadelos nîn, no nîn a cuia le, Elentari, ar tad."

Elentari felt herself tingle, but nothing else.

"You have done nothing!" she said to Morluinien.

"Yes, so you think," Morluinien said, taking out a knife. She pulled up her sleeve and layed the knife on her own skin. She slowly cut, flinching in pain, her breath becoming short, ragged gasps. She was not used to physical pain.

Elentari suddenly felt her arm tremble and she felt a great pain. She gave a small yell of surprise.

"Yes, child. Now, whatever pain you or others cause me, you shall feel twice over. Do you think that I am stupid now?"

<OOC: Never said I would make it easy...>
Old 11-12-2002, 12:26 PM   #109
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The man crashed through the bush startling Brilthonien, she reared and threw Zohariel off. The man then collapsed at Brilthoniens feet, Lorin drew her bow and aimed it at him.
"No!" said Hreeza "Don't shoot him!"
Lorin didn't shoot but still had her bow aimed. Arawil walked up to the man and knelt down beside him,
"What were you doing running through the forest?"
The man raised himself up and looked around, he saw Arawil kneeling down and saw a chance to hurt her and perhaps escape. Arawil could almost see this running through his mind,
"Don't even think about trying to escape, all of us here are armed."
"And if you move I won't hesitate to shoot you." Added Lorin
"So what do you have to say for yourself?" asked Arawil.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #110
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza felt the dark power rippling through the air.

"Arawil, I will go ahead-"

"No Hreeza. We are going to deal with whoever is in there together- much as Dykoria irritates me and Anroth simply doesnt speak, I intend to get them back. And the children. And hey, if we're on a role, the other woman who you declare is not evil even after she attacked us may as well come along as well!" Arawil muttered the last part darkly. She could obviously feel the dark powers as well.

Hreeza sighed at the maias stubborness. She was probably right, but the sprite hated to let her friends go into danger unknowing. She turned her attention to the huge man still lying gasping on the floor. He was struggling to get to his knees, but the wind sprite took advantage of his weakness, rushing at him and throwing him onto his back and pinning him there. He had obviously been in pain before, but was quickly coming around at this new onslaught. She held him still, but it was becoming quite hard, even for Hreeza. Arawil had ridden up though and dismounted.

She twirled her sword a few inches from the mans face the ended at his throat.

"Dont move." She spoke in short clipped sentences keeping the sword levelly at his throat. A rebellious glint glittered in his strange possesed eyes, but she pressed the sword a little closer and he took the hint. "Just answer. The dark one in there is your master."

"Morlunien is my mistress." Then he bit his lip, his eyes widening as he realised what hed given away. Arawil smiled slightly.

"She has the children." It was a statement. "Just nod."
Nod.
"She is using dark powers on them and her other captives, including the rangers. Just nod."
Nod.
"And you will get them away and bring them to me. Just nod."
Pause. "I will not betray Mo-agggh!" He ended in a small trangled noise as she pressed closer still, maing a small cut in the skin on his throat. She crouched beside him, but kept the sword at his throat.

"Yes you will. I will let you go now, but I will still be watching you. I will be staying very close to you." She glanced up for a second as if shed heard something, but winked slightly at Hreeza. The sprite nodded. "Now I dont think I saw you nod..?" She now forced the flat of her sword hard against his throat."

He choked slightly, then nodded. She smiled perfectly amiably. Hreeza tried not to laugh- Arawil was great!

The huge man struggled up as the wind sprite regretfully withdrew. He began to walk quickly away backwards, still staring at Arawil, but occasionally looking around, wondering how the maia was watching him.

He started to run and dived through the door of the hut, slamming it hard behind him. But Hreeza was right beside him...
Old 11-13-2002, 02:05 PM   #111
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel looked around. Had someone spoken her name? Then she saw Min lying on the ground groaning. She immediatly leapt down from the horse and sped over. Pulling her herb pouch out, she searched through for something to heal wounds, something to stop pain, something to soothe bruises. She picked out Lavender, Lemongrass, Asphodel and Rosemary. Then on further reflection, a large dried dandelion.
Zohariel carefully rolled up the Rosemary and Lavender into a ball, then placed them on the neck of a bottle that seemed to appear in her hand, and tipped it up. The ball became a drenched shapeless mass of leaves and a queer smelling liquid. Zohariel made to place it on Min's bruise and Lorin grabbed her arm.
"What...is that?" Lorin asked. Zohariel tilted her head forwards and ignored the question.
When the ball went onto Min's bruises, he stifled a cry, but soon the pain was fading. Zohariel gave Lorin a cocky, superior smirk, and picked up the Lemon grass. This, when the Dandelion had been squeezed over it, was given to Lorin.
"Rub it on his chest," she was told by Zohariel. Lorin looked slightly dubious. Zohariel leant over to her. "Trust me." Lorin began gently rubbing the Lemongrass-Dandelion on Min's wounded parts. Zohariel next got her Asphodel and tore it into strips, placing a strip on each cut. Finally, she bound the whole of Min's chest with a funny smelling bandage, and dusted off her hands. Then, without another word, she got back on the horse, waited for Lorin to get on, then they rode off, following Arawil. Of course, she didn't expect any of them to say thank you.

Sorry, went right back in time there, so I could do my magic fingers thing. Carry on where you were, sorry I was away so ,long.

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: Zohariel ]
Old 11-13-2002, 03:49 PM   #112
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Morluinien sat and watched as the female ranger struggled with her bonds, and grumbled as she did. The witch laughed, and Dykoria hissed as her.
"Shut up, you b*tch!" Dykoria screamed at her, with her voice full of anger.
"No one talks to me like that, Ranger." Morluinien whispered a few words under her breath, and instantly Dykoria lost the ability to talk.
"Dykoria..." Hreeze whispered lowly in the ranger's ear.
Dykoria whipped around, or so she tried, and fell over on her face.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:07 PM   #113
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Elentari watched as Dykoria fell over. She would have laughed at the ranger, but their predicament was too serious. If anyone attack Morluinien the Elf would feel her pain. Elentari struggle more. The paralyzing spell seemed to be wearing <<sp?>> off. If she could just get her hands a little bit losser...

Morluinien was arguing with Bran. This was Hreeza's chance.

"Elentari," she whispered to the Elf, noticing that she didn't act startled. "I see you are trying to lossen your bonds. Will you be able to summon your stalf if I undo them? Will you help my friends?"

"Yes," said the Elf in Hreeza's mind, now noting the Sprite's startled look. "I will. I realise I made a mistake and for that I am truely sorry. I will defeat Morluinien with the help of your friends."

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-18-2002, 07:11 AM   #114
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Arawil continued to interrogate Bran, using her powers as a Maiar to intimidate the man. He was near sobbing with terror.

"So tell me, Bran, what do you want with the children?"
Old 11-18-2002, 02:20 PM   #115
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza was surprised but relieved that the elf could mind speak. This might surely make things easier.

Slipping behind the elf she blew a hot wind gently against the ropes, careful not to burn the elfs hands. They started to chaff gently and then fell away with an almost inaudible thump on the floorboards.

However, it was loud enough for Morluinien. Spun around immediatly, the cup of strange herb tea she had been drinking smashing against the wall near Elentaris head, only missing her head by Elentaris quick reflexes. She was on her feet in a moment, sword in hand as she faced the dark witch.

"Get the others. I will sort this out." Hrreza was doubtful about that but she quickly loosened the two rangers and the childrens hands. She cursed quietly as their reaction was simply to fall on their faces. Damn paralisis spell. Well, she couldnt do anything else at the moment, save dragging all five of the out, a move she had approximately no faith in.

"Stay. Try to distract her. I must fetch Arawil..." The sprite whirled out the door as fast as she could in the direction of the maia and the others, regretfully leaving Elentari facing Morluinien. She hoped with all her soul that the paralisis spell would wear of and that she could get her companions to her side in time...
Old 11-20-2002, 12:23 PM   #116
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The group were moving forward slowly, now not quite sure of their direction.
"Do you want to climb back on Zohariel?" asked Lorin,
"No I'll walk the rest of the way, it can't be that far."
"Sshh," said Arawil, everything was quiet, except for a slight breeze, which slowly grew to quite a strong wind.
"Quickly!" said Hreeza, "The others are in trouble! Follow me!"
Hreeza flew fast, and it's very hard to keep up with something if all you can see is either a silvery sheen or ruffling tree leaves. Finally, they arrived at the hut, Arawil flung open the door and the group charged in.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:49 PM   #117
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Arawil and the others approched the hut, they heard what sounded like a battle raging. In fact, it was Elentari defending the two rangers and three children against Morluinien. The affects of the spell now came into action.

At the start of the fight, Elentari had not remebered the spell. She struck some heavy blows to Morluinien, only to find that she felt the same pain and her blood started flowing.

"Ai!" screamed the defending Elf. "The spell gives me your injuries twice over! Ai!"

From then on she had defended herself, trying to think up a plan. She would not tire before the wicked Morluinien, so she had time. Morluinien managed to strike Elentari on the face below her eye while the Elf let her guard down.

To Elentari's surprise, Morluinien screamed in terror. A ct had appeared on Morluinien's face.

"Ha!" laughed Elentari. "So the elves obviously didn't trust you! It was a two way spell. You feel my pain."

"Yes, but cut in half." laughed Morluinien in return. "So you will be dead before I!"
Old 11-20-2002, 03:34 PM   #118
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza blew open the door in a most dramatic way that befitted the circumstances. The scene inside seemed frozen; the two rangers in the corner were still not moving, but the sprite could not tell whether this was because they were still under the spell or whether they were just strategically staying still. The huge man, Bran, was cowering in the corner, the wide eyed children behind him, and at the centre of the room, the two elves circled each other dangerously, swords held at the ready.

Hreeza assesed this is an second, and then the scene came alive as Morluinien lunged at Elentari, the point of her sword slicing a small cut in the others cheek. The dark one screamed, surprising Hreeza; it was not after all her who had gotten cut.

The scene then fully came to life, the elves swords flashing in front of them, clashing metallically. Bran leapt with a roar at the group in the doorway, but was stopped as Anroth threw himself in his way and began grappling with the giant.Dykoria shakily got to her feet, looking a little embarrassed at having to be rescued, something Hreeza really wouldve taken satisfaction in if circumstances hadnt been so pressing. She exchanged a look with Arawil, who nodded; the maias pale eyes were still on the pair of fighting elves, waiting for the right moment as Hreeza flew to the children sitting wide eyed and stiff in the corner.

"Come on little ones!" She whispered, her voice enchanting and musical. The little elves looked around, catching only the occasional glimmer of silver in the corner of their eyes to define the sprite. Hreeza loved children, but right now she REALLY needed them to move.

"Come, follow my voice playful ones! The witch cannot hurt you while I am here!" Her voice was joyful and playful as she spoke. "And if you dont Ill leave you here because I really have other things to do!" She thought, but didnt say it. Slowly the children began to follow the musical chiming voice of the elemental but their eyes never left the fighting sorceress...
Old 11-20-2002, 04:48 PM   #119
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Dykoria found her sword, and got in position, but she felt in no mood to fight, her legs were shaky, and she could barely move. She was going to help Hreeza with the children, but Bran jumped in her way.
"Great, just great!" She sighed as bran swung to hit her, she dodged but almost fell.
"Darn spell!" She cursed as she dropped her sword. She didn't have time to fetch it back, because Bran was in her face again. He swund, and she blocked. She tried to kick him, but he grabbed her leg and threw her into a wall, almost hitting Arawil on her "flight".
"Watch it!" The Maia yelled.
"Sorry, not <cough> my fault." She said. She tried to stand, but there was a terrible pain in her side. 'Well that will have to wait, time for another round." Dykoria thought as she saw Bran stalk towards her.

[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 11-21-2002, 09:56 AM   #120
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Zohariel yanked her rusted sword from its sheath with a horrible crunching noise and with that in one hand and her spiked cudgel in the other, she entered the battle. With her black rags flying out behind her, the first thing she did was let out a terrifying howl like a wounded wolf. This was her battle cry, and usually served to scare enemies. This was a different enemy, and Morluien merely rolled her eyes. Zohariel ran straight into the midst, hitting out in all directions, not caring who or what she hit. Finally, Lorin grabbed her arm.
"Calm down! You're not supposed to be fighting us!" yelled the elf. He released Zohariel and she went on hacking her free way. At last she managed to hit Morluien on the cheek with her sword. It ripped a cut down her face, about 2 inches down, and Morluien screamed. Zohariel stood still, swaying on the spot, and put her hand to her cheek. Blood covered her hand and she felt dizzy with pain.
The wounded Necromancer took a step forward and stumbled, then fell to her knees, not making a sound, but her face was twisted in pain.