Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #41
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Arawil muttered curses under her breath. What had started as her own personal vendetta against Shelob had turned into what she viewed as a merry walking-party for too many clueless elves.

"Fine!" she snarled. "You can all come! But don't expect it to be fun. This is no picnic for children in the woods. We will likely meet terrible battle, fearsome darkness, and we will all probably die. But if that's what you want..."

Arawil had expected them all to quit right then and there, to go crying home to their mothers. But, strangely, none of them seemed distressed by her morbid pronouncement.

So the Maia, unsure of what she should say, gripped a tree branch and swung herself up, crawling like the spiders she hunted across the canopy. "Hurry up! I don't have forever," she called behind her.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:30 PM   #42
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

"Well if you are done giving your little speaches, Spiders-Bane,"Her voice dripping with sarcasm,"Then I guess we shall leave."
Dykoria urge Morne Nuru forward and followed the Maia. The new girl rode close to Dykoria, unsure of what she had gotten herself into.
"What's your name?"
"If you must know, it's Dykoria." The ranger said with out even turning to look at her.
"Oh, I'm-"
"I don't care who you are." Dykoria cut her off and rode ahead, to keep up with Arawil.
"Vivianna." She said shaking her head.
"Don't mind her, she's just, how should I put it, Dark." Min said as he caugh up to Vivianna. "But I'm Min, nice to meet you."
Old 09-30-2002, 06:04 AM   #43
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

Hreeza watched Min introducing himself to Viviana, smiling. Ah...
"Looks like now would be a good time for introductions Arawil."
"Yes it would indeed sprite." The maia replied.
"Well, as the leader of our little group-"
"None of whom I wanted to join me!"
"-Then you should be first to introduce yourself first surely?"
"Ah, where would I be without my trusty and interfering elemental friend?"
"Im gonna try and find a comliment in that Arawil."
"So I think others should know of her, instead of such a wonderful diplomatic sprite hovering in the air like that!" Arawil finished triumphantly. Hreezas smiled froze on her lips as she realised the maia had won the arguement. Then she laughed lightly. Never miss a chance to wind up Arawil.
"Of course, O mighty leader. Is that a smile I see from the great spiders bane? No it must have been a trick of the light."
Arawil sighed loudly and frownder, but her eyes were twinkling. The sprite whisked past her, not missing the chance to blow up her heair in passing and approached the pair further on.
She blew lightly through Mins instrument, tinkling a small tune and they both turned sharply.
"Good day fine Viviana." She whispered. "I am Hreeza, a sprite."
Old 09-30-2002, 04:13 PM   #44
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"And I am Arawil."

Vivianna's eyes widened. "Arawil? Were you named after the Maia they call Spider's Bane in the old stories?"

Hreeza laughed, a sound like wind through leaves. Arawil's silver eyes narrowed.

"I am Arawil Spider's Bane."

This is going to be a long trip, she thought to herself as she swung up into a higher branch.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:18 PM   #45
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

"Are you named after Spiders bane?"
Hreezas laugh was like wind through trees but she cut it off as quickly as she could at Arawils glare.
"I am Spiders Bane." She said angrily, riding ahead. Hreeza got control of herself glad her smile could not be seen.
"Nice one mortal." She whispered to the woman. "I honestly dont think i could have put it better. If I had a hand, Id shake yours."
Leaving the confused land walkers she followed the maia. "Arawil! Arawil!"
"Go back and play with your little friends. Although theyre too good for you." She muttered angrily.
"Hey! Come on Arawil, she didnt know. Very few humans expect to meet a legend. I think she still thinks Im some trick Min is playing!"
Arawil sighed angrily. "This is going to be a really long trip. An arrogant ranger, a wide eyed musician, a....well, Ill use the word nieve human, and a sprite who I cant even pinpoint apart from as a silvery sheen who enjoys teasing me."
"It doesnt have to stay that way noble one." Hreeza whispered quietly. As Arawil looked questioningly at her she changed the subject, although she hoped the maia had picked up the hint. "Ah! There is King Thranduils palace already."
Indeed the mighty and elegant palace rose out out of the forest, built of elegant silver and greens. Around it Hreeza could see the ghost images of all who had lived and made a difference there, making the sprite smile. Two elves outside saw them and one went to alert the others inside. The other started to spproach them.
"Oh great, more elves...." Muttered Arawil, straightening up.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:16 PM   #46
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Oh, the palace already." Dykoria sighed, she just wanted to leave this boring forest.
"So, Arawil, what are we doing here again?"
"I told you already!" The maia replied angerly. "Weren't you listening?"
"No, why would I? I know all this stuff." Dykoria scoffed.
"Well then you should know why we are here." Arawil snapped as the ranger and jumped down off the branch to meet the on-coming elves.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:17 PM   #47
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Arawil also climbed down from her perch in a tree to meet the elves. The first, a tall, blond, strapping fellow carrying a spear held up a hand. His companions stopped.

"Who dares to set foot in King Thranduil's realm?" he called. "Be ye elf? Speak quickly or I will be forced to attack you."

"Not on your pretty spear, elfling." Arawil said, laughing. "I could run you through before you had even registered I had moved."

This entire scene could have devolved into a battle, if it were not for Min. He held up his hands. "Himhuan, you know who I am. Take us to the King, and let us tell him our story."
Old 10-06-2002, 02:28 PM   #48
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

"Well, so much for Min being useless. Here, allow me to prepare you a slice of humble pie.." Hreeza whispered to Arawil. The soldier in front who was leading them stiffened at the sound and turned around. Arawils glare stopped him though and he turned stright around again, not wanting to seem like he was hearing things and walked on a bit more briskly.
"I wouldnt bother shwoing yourself as who you are Sprite. Theyre going to have enough trouble dealing with that fact that Im actually Arawil, not just just named after her, without having to deal with the invisible circus with me." She replied through gritted teeth.
"Well, thankyou."
"What?!"
"Well, youve actually admitted Im travelling with you now. Thankyou."
"You..." The exasperated maia searched for words. "Exasperater."
"Sullen."
"Maddening."
"Boring."
The tirade was cut short by the opening of a huge pair of double doors. The group stepped through, Hreeza closely flanking Arawil to face King Thranduil of Mirkwood.
Old 10-08-2002, 03:32 PM   #49
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Laegulien laughed at Hreeza and Arawil, shaking her head at heir argument. The ranger in front of them kept shooting glances over his shoulder, though at Arawil or her invisible friend, Laegulien couldn't tell. The task at hand came back to her abruptly, and her smile faded. Shelob was a dangerous enemy, and laegulien stopped, unsure if she did want to go on this seemingly foolhardy mission. glancing at Arawil, who was walking confidently up ahead, she shook her head, and hardend her resolve.She wou;d go.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:13 PM   #50
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"This is soo boring." Dykoria muttered to herself.
"Well you're the one who was begging to come." Arawil stated.
"Well, so what? This IS boring." Dykoria gave a sigh, and handed her horse off to one of the elven guards. "Be a dear, and watch him for me." She left with the others to seek an audience, before the guard could reply.
"What a weird girl." He shook his head and led the horse to the stable area.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:32 PM   #51
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

The wind sprite watched yet another of Dykorias maddening acts of arrogance but if shed had teeth she would have ground them together.

As the group came through the doors they bowed in front of Thranduil, who rose respectfully to meet them, which surprised Hreeza; who was the ruler here, him or them? The king was staring at Arawil with an odd look on his face, as if he was seeing something he couldnt quite believe.
"Well this is quite an honour-" He muttered, then stopped, remembering his status and that of the group, even the two maia. "What brings you travellers to the Palace of Thranduil in Mirkwood, seeking even an audience with myself?" His voice was more stately now, although he was still looking hard at Arawil. She looked back at him, meeting his deep brown eyes with her startlingly pale ones. "We seek to get supplies for a journey to Cirith Ungol to finally rid Arda of Shelob, spawn of Ungoliant. This is Laegulien, one of the noble maia, this Dykoria and Anroth, rangers, Minytalion and Viviana, travellers in the forest. And I am Arawil, the one you know as spiders bane."
Thranduils eyebrows shot up and he walked towards Arawil. He looked at her face once again, the translucent skin, pale icy eyes, the cold nobility. He nodded to her again, taking her hand and raising it to his forehead. "An honour indeed to have two maia staying, especially as high as the Spiders Bane and legend, Arawil." Here Arawil shot a satisfyed glance in the direction of Viviana. Hreeza smiled, shifting through Arawils fingers; this king had believed Arawils identity, hopefully he would swallow having an elemental there as well. Thranduil seemed to sense a prescence in the air for he frowned, glancing around slightly.
"And another who travels with us, the wind sprite Hreeza, an elemental of the Forest."
"Noble one, greeting from the forest depths, may the elements smile on you." Hreeza softly spoke the traditional greeting of the forest.
Thranduil looked around, even more bemused. "Yes, yes of course." He said vaguely to the air before turning back to the others.
"You shall of course accept our hospitality for a few days. It is the least we can do after all your years keeping down the grotesque spiders."
Arawil looked mildly frustrated- she would have to put off her journey longer- but saw the sense in staying and nodded, to Hreeza relief; she wanted to see the land walkers of her forest, see how much had altered in the millenia since she had last seen the elves. "Thankyou your highness."
Servants led the groups to guests quarters, leaving the king standing looked after them, the bemused look still fixed on his face.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:37 PM   #52
Robin Headstrong
Haunting Spirit

Robin Headstrong has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Robin Headstrong
Sting

After the guard guided Dykoria's horse to the stables, the party headed into the halls of King Thranduil. Min was amazed; although he sang in these halls several times, he never realized how vast and beautiful the king's hall really was. But what truly astonished the young Elf was the fast that he would be facing King Thranduil with a heroine of folklore. This was too good to be true...
Old 10-09-2002, 03:53 PM   #53
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Anroth stood for a moment looking up toward the forest canopy. Shelob... how many times he had heard the name. How very many times his father had preached to him about the impossible dangers beyond the lands of the free peoples. In fact, Cirith Ungol, his father told him as a small child, was possibly the most treacherous place in Middle-earth. Besides the orc-guard, there were things the crawled and fed on manflesh... and there was Shelob. Anroth had heard of, during all his time in Minas Tirith, so many deaths by the venom of Ungoliant's child. He had also learnt of the courageous blow that she was dealt by Samwise Gamgee. She had been, or so it was said, wounded by it. Her thick skin was pierced. If a halfling could harm Shelob, he thought, why should not we be able to do the same?

At the same time Anroth was unsure of the journey. Arawil obviously did not want anyone interfering, and that was what she had accused him of doing. Anroth disagreed, but had not the heart to say. He had merely assisted her when she was in need of it. But Arawil would not admit it. Also, Anroth's nerves were getting the better of him. If the king found out...

But that put another idea into his mind. If the king knew of the journey and Anroth had his consent, the troupe of travelers might gain an advantage. It certainly was possible.

Anroth voiced his thoughts to his companions. "Ye fellow travelers, may I issue a request?"

Arawil rolled her eyes. "What is it now?"

"I believe it would gain us a great advantage to rest in Minas Tirith, my home, on our way to the Spider's Pass. With the consent of His Majesty, we should be at a far lesser risk than we would if we were to go without anyone knowing. He is a noble man and would take an oath of confidentiality if asked. What think ye of it?"
Old 10-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #54
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Well, here's what I think, not that is matters, but I agree. If we conceal ourselves, and travel without any one knowing, we shall be able to go quickly and without delay. With this tactic, we just might be able to sneak up on Shelob, and kill her." Dykoria mused.
Everyone stared at her. To them, this was the first time that she had actually made a reasonable sentence, so to speak.
"What?" She asked.
"You're so odd." Laegulien said. And Dykoria just smirked, very pleased with herself.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:23 PM   #55
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"My my, Dykoria saying something reasonable, what is Arda coming to?" Muttered Hreeza.
Arawil smiled. "I thought i was meant to be the one who resented all of you?"
"Yes well, even elementals have their moments."

The group were given a set of guest rooms to stay in, fairly near each other. Thranduil knew how to treat his guests; each room was elegant and airy, relaxing and pleasant. Arawil however seemed restless as she sat on the balcony looking into the forest.
"Whats the matter noble one?"
The maia spun around exasperated. "Why are you still here?"
"Well, one of unsurpassed manners, it seems his highness wasnt sure where to lodge a sprite. So meanwhile Im staying with you."
"Oh great. I cant imagine anything better." Arawil rolled her eyes. Hreeza floated on a small tendril of wind towards her, more serious now. Arawil sighed.
"I dont want to make an expedition of this. I want to simply get to Cirith Ungol and rid Arda of the last of Ungoliants foul spawn."
"We are only here to help. In time, all the fates shall unroll themselves to some end. Do not fight it." Hreeza said gently. She just hoped that they would unroll to the ends she wished...
Brushing tose thoughts aside she became more practical. "Where to now Spiders Bane? Do you have a route?"
Old 10-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #56
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just then, there was a knock at the door. "Oh, will I have no peace?" said Arawil "very well, come in"
The beautiful, carved door opened slightly and a young woman with light brown hair snuck in, she was wearing a pair of leather riding boots and riding trousers to match, the rest of her clothes were hidden by a brown cloak she wore, Arawin recognised the clothing as that of a messenger. Arawil rolled her eyes, she didn't like all the attention she was getting from the people here. "Who are you? What do you want?" she snapped.
"My name is Lorin Thoriel, I know what you intend to do, and I wish to come with you." the young woman said shyly.
"For goodness sakes! I am not taking an army to kill Shelob, in fact, I didn't intend to take anyone at first, so I will not let anyone else to travel with us." Arawin burst out.
"Please let me come, I would be a useful member of the group, I can tend wounds, I am good with the bow and arrow and the knife, if it is needed." pleaded Lorin.
"I do not care, I will take no one else." insisted Arawin. Hreeza, who had been silent during the conversation whispered in Arawil's ear "Give her a chance Arawil, if she speaks the truth she would indeed be useful."
"Very well, what proof have you that you can do these things and why do you so wish come along?"
"If I were to get my bow, you could tell me to shoot anything in the forest, I would hit it. As for wanting to come along, I come from a long line of explorers, my father, and his before him, that is why I became a messenger here, in hope of adventure, I have served king Thranduil well and I am sure he would gladly let me go." explained the woman.
"If your forefathers were explorers, why do you not let your brothers do the heroic deeds and get on with your own life?" Arawil inquired.
"Because I am the last of my family, my brothers are all dead, I outlived them, I inherited immortal life from my elvish mother, but they had their father's mortal life and my mother later died of a broken heart."
"That is indeed a sad tale," said Arawin, and seeing Lorin's determined face she continued, "I do not feel I need a demonstration of your talents and I shall consider your place in our group, I trust you know the dangers we shall face?"
"Oh yes," said Lorin, her face brighteneing.
"Good." said Arawin, very nearly returning the smile.
"When you've decided, if you need to find me, I shall be in the stables." and with that, Lorin left.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:35 PM   #57
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The half elf lefy and Arawil glared at the door as it closed.
"Happy now? Another member to our merry little crew!"
"Oh you cannot say you are not even slightly pleased to have another worthy companion?"
The maia glared at the sprite but was denied a specific place to glare as she couldnt properly see the sprite.
"Oh your impossible!" Arawil stood abruptly. "I cant even glare at you! If would be so much easier if you were a so-called land walker, for then at least i would not have to glare at thin air!"
Yes! Progress! the wind sprites heart leapt and she practically danced around the room. She did not push the matter though. "Of course, Arawil. For all of us..."
The maia once again looked strangely at the sprite but simply raised an eyebrow. She sighed.
"Well, if you insist on having something to do, go scare some servants and let a voice out of the air tell them we're leaving tomorrow morning. And you may as well alert the travelling circus thats coming with us."
"'Us.' Thankyou."
Arawil glared at the air again and Hreeza laughed mischeiviously. "When you wake in the morning, is your first thought how to annoy me?"
Hreezas voice took on a hurt tone. "Wy of course not O Mistress Of Paranoia." She floated towards the door, turning as she left.
"I dont sleep!"
Arawil threw a piece of bread towards the air where the sprite had a few seonds ago been. "Exasperator!"
Hreeza silvery laugh reached Arawil as the sprite drifted down the corridor.
"Of course, O Noble Bread Thrower!"
Old 10-19-2002, 03:41 PM   #58
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Morluinien sighed and picked the pink flower, crushing it. She threw the bent, broken, crushed blossom into the black waters of the little stream. She growled to herself.

"Bran!" Morluinien called.

"Yes, mistress?" Bran said, ambling between the trees.

"Something has been this way!"

"Are you sure, m'lady?"

"Ach! Faireg (Little human)! Can you not see it? Or feel it, even?"

Morluinien made a slight gesture, and Bran fell to his knees groaning.

"I-I'm sorry m'lady!" Bran managed to say. Morluinien relaxed and Bran struggled to his feet.

"See that it does not happen again. And do not question me again, either." Morluinien said, coldly.

With that, she turned and made for her house at a brisk walk. Bran scrambled and followed her. The big man ducked under brambles and soon had utterly lost Morluinien. He looked around desperately for his mistress.

"M'lady! M'lady! Do not leave me!" Bran called, turning around in fear. He could remember a time when he did not feel this urge to be near her...when he did not fear her leaving him and he did not even care. When had that changed? It had to be that night. He remembered nothing of it, but...it must have been that night that she had bound him to that metal chair.

"M'lady!" Bran called again, in desperation.

"I am here, stupid ogre," Morluinien said. She wondered why she had chosen such a stupid Easterling to enchant. Bran's eyes lit up like a puppy's and he scrambled to catch up.

They reached the cabin and entered. Morluinien made immediately for her room and locked the door behind her.

"Now, who has been on my land?" Morluinien muttered to herself. She opened the clasp of the necklace she wore and held it in her hand.

"Morluinien, my child," a cold voice said.

"Mother," Morluinien said, just as coldly, falling into her mother's speech pattern, "What creature hath made itself known to my lands?"

"A few mere children, Morluinien," the familiar voice said, "'Tis nothing that thou shouldst trouble thyself with. And 'tis not thy land, my daughter. 'Tis mine. And it will always remain such."

"Yes, Mother," Morluinien said, bowing her head, feeling scorn for her mother. Her mother was dead, the land should not be hers. It was Morluinien's now, by right. Morluinien continued, "But, any creature on my...our lands art a threat. What if they give this position away to others? What then shall we do?"

"Others know, Morluinien," Duraglariel responded, "For that is why I am dead."

"Yes, I suppose so," Morluinien said, "I thank you, Mother. May the Lord rise again and fill your body with strength with which you may return to me."

"And may that strenth also find its way into you," Duraglariel responded.

Morluinien clasped the necklace once again around her neck and stood. She unlocked the door and exited her room. Bran was sitting at the table.

"What do you think you are doing?" Morluiniel asked.

Bran quickly stood up, "Not a thing, Morlui-"

Before he could finish the name, Morluinien had strode over and slapped him hard.

"What were you about to call me?" Morluinien asked.

"Mor-mor-my lady!" Bran corrected himself.

"When did I say you were able to refer to me by my true name?" Morluiniel demanded.

"Never, m'lady, but...I thought...thought that it would show my devotion that I would call you by yo-"

Morluiniel slapped him again.

"Do not call me that! Only your other mistress may call me that!"

"You mean your moth-?"

Bran ducked the slap, and, in some distant instinct, grabbed Morluiniel's arm, easily subduing her physical strength.

"Do not do that agan!" Bran said strongly, immediately regretting the gesture. Rage filled Morluiniel's eyes -- so fair they seemed to Bran -- and she took in a quick breath. The next instant, Bran was on the floor, crying in pain.

"Do not disobey me!" Morluiniel shouted, Bran still doubled over in pain...

An hour later, there were three children in Morluiniel's cottage. Each was knocked out and blindfolded. Bran finished tying up the last one.

"M-m-m'lady?" Bran asked, meekly.

"Yes?"

"May I ask you something?"

"Careful, Bran..." Morluiniel warned.

"It is just...why did we have to take them? They are just children, after all."

Bran could not explain this strange feeling he felt...he thought it was sympathy for the children, but he could not be sure.

"Because they were trying to destroy us Bran. Do you understand that?" Morluiniel said.

"Oh..." Bran let it drop, but was not so sure...
Old 10-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #59
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin was in the stable attending to her horse, Brilthonien, she was a chestnut mare and the two of them had delivered many messages together and were firm friends. Lorin was packing the saddlebag, ready to leave Thranduil's palace, happily humming to herself, she put the last thing in the bag and she was finally ready.

Hreeza, who was blowing past to find the others, heard Lorin humming and stopped to look in, "ah, Lorin," said the wind sprite "I've been looking for you."
"Yes? What did you want?" said Lorin, but on turning round she found no one there, she was a little confused, she was sure someone was talking to her, "Show yourself," she said to the door of the stable. Hreeza suddenly realised that they hadn't been introduced, "Ah, yes, I am Hreeza, and I am a wind sprite." Lorin relaxed "So the rumors are true then? There is a wind sprite travelling with Arawil?"
"Yes," Hreeza was pleased, that wasn't as hard as she thought it might've been, "And speaking of Arawil, she wanted to leave as soon as possible, we will gather at the gate, ready to leave."
"Very well, I will be there." Hreeza carried on to find the others and left Lorin to prepare. Lorin was pleased, "At last!" she thought, "a true adventure!"

Soon everyone was gathered at the gate, they were just waiting for Arawil now. "Typical," said Dykoria, "She get's us all to rush down here as fast as we can and then makes us wait!"
"Don't critisize that which you don't understand, she has been doing this for longer than you can imagine." said Lorin.
"So, that makes her better than the rest of us does it?" retaliated Dykoria.
"It certainly makes her better than SOME of us here." said Lorin pointedly. Dykoria put her hand on the hilt of her sword, "Do you wish to fight for what you believe?"
"If I have to." answered Lorin, drawing her knife. Min then butted in "I don't think this is the best way to start our journey is it?" both Dykoria and Lorinput away their weapons. They didn't wait much longer though, soon Arawil arrived, the gates opened and they were off.

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 10-21-2002, 11:32 AM   #60
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"So the rumours are true? There is a wind sprite travelling with Arawil?"

Hreeza smiled to herself. Wow, famous without actually having to do anything yet... She was mildly thrown though- she wouldnt have expected this woman to be so accepting, even is she was from the golden wood.
She left her message but didnt leave immediately, just watched Lorin for a moment as the elf groomed her horse, talking to it and humming quietly to herself. Satisfied she had definitly made the right choice with this one, Hreeza left quietly.

Hreeza sighed impatiently, not a difficult task for an air elemental. Just when she thought she was about to blow Dykoria to the other side of mirkwood, Arawil walked down into the yard. She smiled cordially at the others as they mounted the horses and set off through the elegantly carved gates.
"Ah, glad to see you looking so pleased, O Mistress Of Impecable Timing! What did you do, strangle a couple of servants? Or maybe you were making pleasant conversation with your underlings?"
Arawil glared at the silvery sheen nearby. "Ah good, glad youre back on form Spiders Bane. I was getting worried.
"And you are too obviously on your usual form Sprite."

The group set off through the forest and instantly Hreeza felt more at home. Inhaling deeply she wove through the trees of her home forest. The small group below her also seemed more cheerful as they made their way through a lighter part of the forest. The journey had begun!
Old 10-21-2002, 01:16 PM   #61
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Finally we are getting started!" Dykoria complained.
"Oh arrogant ranger, will you for once keep your mouth shut?" Hreeza asked impatiently.
"Why should I,oh annoying sprite?" Dykoria shot back.
"You know ranger, you should watch your tounge." Lorin said, as she rode up next to Dykoria. Morne Nuru pinned his ears as Lorin's horse came near him.
"Get your beast away from my horse! Morne Nuru doesn't like her, and I think he feels the same about you little elf." Dykoria smirked as the elf glared dagers at Dykoria, and moved ahead. Morne Nuru lifted his head high in the air, and looked please that he gotten ride of the mare. Dykoria patted him approvingly.
"You know Dykoria, you should be more accepting to people in this group." Min said.
"Min, I don't need any advice from you, and I will do as please, so don't bother me."
"Suit yourself, but one day it will come back in face." And with that he went to meet up with Lorin.

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 10-21-2002, 02:51 PM   #62
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza ground her teeth together, forcing herself not to reply to the ranger. She watched as Dykoria attacked Lorin and Min as well; the elf responded in much the same way as she had, biting her lip, trying to rise above it. Min however seemed crushed as the ranger stared down her nose at him, and it annoyed Hreeza- she had no right to treat such an sweet minstrel like Min in such as manner. His reply made her smile though and she came up behind him, breezing through his flute gently so as not to startle him too much.
"One point to Min, Nil to Dykoria. Nicely done, O Minstrel."
Min blushed slightly, smiling. Lorin smiled at him as well, and as they caught one anothers gaze they both smiled little bit more broadly, laughing nervously. Hreeza stifled a laugh, watching with pleasure as the vibes of happiness rose of them in colourful layers to the sprite.
"I dont believe Ive introduced myself; I am Lorin Thoriel of Lothlorien. You must be Min?"
Min blustered slightly, touching his forehead. "Oh, yes. Im a minstrel." He added eagerly. Lorin smiled at him.
"Yes, I can see that." She glanced meaningfully at his instrument. He went red again, but Lorin spared him embarrasment. "What brings you to travel with this group?"
As the pair of elves slipped into conversation Hreeza left them to it. She felt lonely- The elves had their own kind to talk to, Arawil was driven by her quest, and had spent centuries in solitude. Hreeza had, of course, not had a particularly full social calender of course, but she longed for company. And that left only Dykoria...
Hreeza took a deep breath, wondering if it was worth it. Psiching herself up to it, she swallowed her feelings about the arrogant ranger. She was probably very friendly when it got down to it...if a bit, well... crusty, arrogant and violent on the surface.
Mentally shaking herself to prepare herself, the sprite took another deep breath and floated towards Dykoria. She could do this...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:52 PM   #63
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Arawil was a bit perturbed. First of all, Hreeza and King Thranduil had made her ride a horse. They had given her a spirited black gelding named Nightwind, and as horses went he was all right, but she would much prefer to climb through the trees. Then there were what seemed like a dozen squabbling traveling companions. They couldn't stop arguing for a second! Arawil pitied poor Min. Dykoria would have to be dealt with.

She was still fuming about this when Hreeza whispered in her ear "Stop! There's someone approaching!"

From behind them, towards Thranduil's palace, an elf woman came running up. She collapsed by Arawil's left leg, grasping a corner of the Maia's gray cloak.

"Please! Please! You have to help me! My little Nolvennion!" The woman began to sob, her body shaking. Arawil dismounted quickly and knelt beside the woman.

"What's wrong? Tell me what happened, and I'll see if I can do anything."

"My son! He has been taken by someone, a huge man! I tried to stop him, but I couldn't...I couldn't" The woman began to cry again, sobs racking her slender body. Arawil gingerly put her arms around the woman's shoulders and made faces of discomfort as the distraught mother sobbed into her cloak.

"Don't worry. We will find your son."
Old 10-21-2002, 05:18 PM   #64
Robin Headstrong
Haunting Spirit

Robin Headstrong has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Robin Headstrong
Sting

"You see," Min began explaining to Lorin, "I just happened to meet Arawil by chance while I was out in the forest. Spider's Bane has been a legend in Mirkwood for many years; I've been fascinated with the stories since I was a child. I was probably the only one in my family who believed in the possibility of her existence... And I was proven right! I couldn't resist the oppurtunity of going on a quest with the legendary Arawil, and possibly by of help in slaying Shelob. I want to make history, not just sing about it!"
"Fascinating," Lorin responded, seeming a bit bored. Min turned a bit red; he usually didn't talk this much.
"Well," Min continued, "tell me a little more about yourself! I know you are an Elf of Lorien, but what brings you to Mirkwood?"
Suddenly their conversation was interrupted by the sounds of sobbing. The two elves looked in the direction of the sound to investigate. It was an elf woman crying, "Please! You have to help me! My little Nolvennion!"
Arawil comforted the woman, who explained that her young son had been captured by a huge man.
"It seems we have some trouble here," Min muttered as he and Lorin walked towards Arawil and the distraught mother.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:53 AM   #65
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lorin and Min watched as the woman continued to cry, Brilthonien nuzzled her, trying to comfort her and she managed to stop her tears. The woman looked around her and realised she was surrounded by a group of people now, "Will you help? Oh say you will, please say you will!" begged the woman.
"Yes, we will" answered Lorin, "We will do everything we can." She smiled at the woman who smiled weakly back. Not even Dykoria had anything to say.

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 10-22-2002, 05:50 PM   #66
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Morluinien looked at the children, who had just woken up.

"What are you doing here?" Morluinien demanded.

She did not get an answer, so she tried again, "Nîn pedo, hin, e telid lîn (Tell me, children, of your coming)."

The children all burst into story. Morluinien only listened a bit, as she sat, probing their mind for their lives and determining if they could be of use to her.

They were important in their home in Mirkwood. They could be used...or they could be the death of her...

Morluinien sat back, and sighed, plotting.

Bran sat there, listening to the strange Elvish tongue. He heard Morluinien curse at him in that language all the time, but he had no idea of the meaning of the words. Because she only used the language in scorn, Bran grew to hate the language. He was surprised when he heard the children speak it. Such innocent beauties knew of this awful tongue?

Bran stood, listening and confused...
Old 10-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #67
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The group finally persuaded the woman that they would find her child, and after each member told her many times each that they would, she went back to Thranduil's palace to wait.

The group continued walking, they were nearing the edge of the forest and the trees were becoming more sparse. Lorin stopped, got her bow ready and drew it back, "What are- " started Min,
"Sshhh" Interrupted Lorin, she was aiming at a small bush, she released the arrow, which went flying, Lorin jumped off her horse and went to the bush, she knelt down and returned the arrow to the quiver, she stood up and in her hand was a dead rabbit, "Lunch!" she said smiling.
"Did you have to do that in front of us?" said Dykoria,
"Where else was I going to do it?" retalliated Lorin.
"And anyway," continued Dykoria as if she hadn't heard Lorin "I'm not eating anything that you've caught."
"Fine with me." said Lorin, she rapped the rabbit up and hung it from her saddle and climbed back on her horse. "Are we all ready to continue?" asked Arawil,
"Yes." said everyone else in chorus and they started walking again, Lorin started a conversation with Min and the others sunk into their quiet solitude, Hreeza still trying to pluck up the courage to talk to Dykoria.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #68
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreeza was saved the ordeal of talking to Dykoria as she felt the prescence of another person nearby- its hard to sneak up on an elemental...but not impossible.... She couldnt make anything of the turmoil of emotions surrounding the woman even as she drew near though, for she was in such turmoil her emotions did not even have a clear colour. She warned Arawil of the woman, and the maia woman dismounted. Seconds later, said woman threw herself at Arawils feet, sobbing.
She started weeping inconsolably, but started speaking as well. Hreeza had no time for that though, and tried to prise her way through the layers of emotions and see what had happened...
My son....him, his friends playing in the clearing...hadnt beent to this part of the forest before...suddenly screams changed to those of terror...huge man...hurtled through the undergrowth...grabbed them...little Nol was yelling for me...the man threw me to the floor...vanished in the forest...
Here the womans thoughts became to disjointed for the sprite to make anything of them.
Arawils face was a picture of discomfort as the woman sobbed into her cloak. She caught Hreezas eye and the elemental sent the sign of a nod into her brain. Arawil nodded back and Hreeza set of into the forest, looking for the place she had seen in the womans mind and the fearsome man who had taken her son...
Old 10-26-2002, 06:21 AM   #69
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Zohariel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I'm accepted!

Zohariel snunck through the undergrowth, trying to plant her feet as silently as possible. They were not small feet, and she was not an Elf, so 'silently' was an overstatment. Her stomach growled and squirmed. She had not eaten in three days, except for a mouldy apple core scrounged from a dustbin (probably half the reason for the squirming). She was dirty, tired and ready to do anything for food.
Suddenly, the trees seemed to stop in front of her, and she heard voices. A wind blew strongly just in front of her, and someone was wailing, with a voice fit to raise the dead. Zohariel smirked. She was the only Necromancer round here. Another voice sounded, a male one, strong and firm, and Zohariel retreated further into the bushes, cursing under her breath as a thick bramble cut her cheek. She wiped the blood away with one dirty sleeve, and grinned in a twisted way.
Hmmm...people. And where there's people, there's food. And money. Mentally, she resolved to trail them, wait for a good time to attack. With her cudgel, and broken sword (if it did not stab you properly it gave you blood poisoning) she could beat three, maybe. If they did not have too good a weaponry.
Zohariel sank to her knees, and leant against a tree. This looked like a long wait.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:14 AM   #70
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hreezas came to the spot she had picked up from the womans mind pictures and alighted in the clearing. Looking around s only an elemental can, she could see clearly now, far deeper than the land walkers could. She saw, as she had seen in Thranduils palace, the strange half images and colours of whoever had passed and made an impact.

Around her strange figures passed, oblivious of each other, though only from the last few days, but she kept her gaze fixed on the spot where she hoped the children had been- ah!

She saw the huge man lumber through the bushes, although he had moved so quietly until then; strange, for one so huge to walk so lightly. As he grabbed the children Hreeza leapt forward, following the essence of the figure through the undergrowth.

She followed the trail for a while, and he was hard to miss, for the trees and the wind whispered of such a creature passing, sensing his deed. Soon though the whispers became less frequent and fell to telling of evil lurking there. The sprite passed with caution; the aura around the place and the complete silence startled her. There werent even any birds singing, but stranger yet, the ghostly figures had ceased. No one had passed here for too long to be natural. Eventually it got too much for her- she had found where the children had obviously been taken, so she could easily lead Arawil and the company to this spot. She could not shake off the unnerving feeling though, that maybe they would be biting far deeper into the pie than they had hoped...

As she was returning to the group she felt a powerful prescence in the area, disturbing her thoughts. As she breezed lightly through the trees, she noticed a character sitting on the grass by the roadside leaning against a tree, with a definite air of trouble. And after her disturbing experience near the hut in the evil part of the forest, she was in the mood for trouble; anyway, if Arawil had taught her one thing, if was to be forward about things. Grinning slightly to herself she swooped suddenly down so that the creature could not miss her; sure enough, she stood, sword outraised. Ah ha! Flinging a tendril of wind sidewards, she flicked the...weapon? (the main aim didnt seem to be to attack but to give a nasty disease) away from the womans(once again, not entirely sure on that) grasp.

She yelled, surprised and stepped backwards so her back was pressed against a tree. Perfect! In a milisecond the sprite had pinned her to the tree, her hands by her side. The necromancer (dear gods, a necromancer with a mission to infect!) struggled fiercly, letting rip with a number of words that would even impress Arawil, then went very still. What truly surprised Hreeza though was the way she then smiled.

"What kind of sorcery is this? I feel no magic, so are you instead a demon or wraith? No, not wraith..." She cocked her head questioningly, almost arrogantly. The sprite was impressed. It wasnt the first time she had been called a demon, but this woman said it with authority. Anyway, despite the fact she was indeed gifted with necromany, there was a love of nature and Hreezas forest.

After considering for a moment Hreeza let go off the woman. "I am Hreeza, wind sprite of this forest. Who are you and what is your business to lurk so furtively here, O Bearer of Infected Weapons?"
Old 10-28-2002, 10:02 AM   #71
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"I am...Beilass Andun," answered Zohariel, knowing that to decieve this one would be hard, but worth a try.
"That I doubt. Now, if you will, furnish me with your true name," smiled Hreeza, wondering why she had lied.
Zohariel scowled.
"Zohariel Canute, most definatly not atcher service. My friends call me Vulture. At least, they would," she paused to contemplate, "if I had any friends."
Hreeza assumed a wondering air. She hesitated, then "Are you a Necromancer?"
Zohariel raised her eyebrows quickly.
"How in Middle Earth did you find that out? I am a wandering Necromancer- riel gulder. I bind the dead back beyond the first gate, or sometimes dispense of them. The dead, you see, won't stay dead." Hreeza tilted her head to one side. "The first gate? What is this? I am sure I have never heard of it before."
"No. You probably haven't. There are like, seven gates, each one deader than the last, and, uh, like, Necromancers travel about, and, like, when a dead, uh..person rises...well, obviously they are still dead...but, uh, they rise...like..." She trailed away, screwing her scrawny face up in an effort to continue. She was rubbish at speaking her thoughts.
Hreeza had by now had enough anyway, and took Zohariel's arm firmly.

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: Zohariel ]
Old 10-28-2002, 02:31 PM   #72
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The necromancer tailed off uncertainly as the sprite waited politely. Eventually she just stopped talking and Hreeza laughed softly.

"A fine one at expressing thoughts then, my furtive necromancing friend? However, I have a few friends, one of whom especially will be very interested to hear of the black arts." She pushed at Zohariel but the woman turned around stubbornly.

"That sounds very like a threat sprite."

"I have a name. And its not a threat. At the moment. But that can easily be remedied..." She gave the woman another nudge in the back. She frowned at Hreeza but found the same problem as Arawil in that its not at all satisfying to stare at thin air, even more so for Zohariel as she was living with the knowledge that she could well be staring in entirely the wrong direstion. Incidently she had the right direction, but still. Reluctantly she let Hreeza push her in the right direction, before nudging her onto the path.

The company spotted Zohariel immediatley and reacted in different ways. Dykorias eyes practically lit up as she saw a chance to make someone feel cmaller than herself, Min looked vaguely anxious and excited at the same time, a strange combination but one that suited his friendlt face very well. The others put their hands on their sword hilts, or made sure their weapons were to hand. The necromancer noticed this with apprehension and looked nervously to her side where she imagined the sprite must be. The wrong side, but hey, everyone cant be right all the time.

"Dont even think of running off." She whispered, after noting with a groan the non to welcoming reactions. However, she had a feeling the proud Zohariel would not simply run...
"Well you said it wasnt threat!" the reply was hissed back.
"Well, just be nice Ok? You arent currently in possesion of The Mighty Infector, and Arawil Spiders-Bane is one of the Maiar."

Arawil noted the sheen of silver and saw the woman speak, however discreetly, to apparently herself, and raised an eyebrow as she quickened her horse forward.

"Found a new friend Sprite?" She muttered sarcastically as she arrived, then turned to the figure standing in front of her. "Who are you and what is your business with the troublesome elemental who I have no doubt brought you here because trouble is what she does best?"
Old 10-28-2002, 08:15 PM   #73
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Dykoria looked the newcomer over, and smirked.
'This girl looks like rubbish, and she looks suppicious, if she tries anything, then i will slit her throat.' Dykoria thought to herself. She made eye-contact and glared at her, and the newcommer did the same.
"Who's that?" The girl asked Hreeza.
"Ah, you ask about our arrogent Ranger, Dykoria." Hreeza gave a slight chuckle.
"I asked you what your business was here, tell me!" Arawil demanded.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:27 AM   #74
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel frowned from underneath heavy lashes.
"Bite me ya prick," she offered. Arawil breathed in sharply and clenched her fists.
Zohariel smirked, pleased to have enraged her.
Who does she think she is anyhow?
She strolled to the fireside, more at ease now, and plonked herself down next to Min.
"Who're you?" she said, offering a dirty hand. Min screwed up her nose. Zohariel withdrew the hand and looked daggers at Min.
"I'm a Necromancer. I felt a presence of death here, and came to investigate.
At 'Necromancer' one member of the group pricked up her ears. Zohariel could still feel the death hanging in the air.
"Many wicked wicked things will happen tonight. The Necromancer must take care of the living and dead," she quoted. She did not expect the group to recognise the famous poem.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:54 AM   #75
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Bite me yah prick." Zohariel said calmly, inspecting her nails. Hreeza whooped and did a somersault in the air, before hastily turning it into a cough. Arawils eyes narrowed as the newcomer walked away, starting a fire by the roadside.

"Looks like we'll be having a small stop." Hreeza muttered. She didnt know what she liked about Zohariel; by rights she should find her even more irritating than Dykoria. And the talk of death in the air... Arawil rounded on her, interrupting her thoughts.

"How dare you?" She snapped.

"What? Pardon me, Mistress of Manners, and this time that would be meant if you werent taking it out on me, but whatve I actually done?" Hreeza was genuinely startled.

"Bringing that insolent mongrel here, then acting as if she was the Valars gift!" She took a deep breath but didnt give the sprite enough time to reply. She lowered her voice, sounding disappointed. "I was under the impression that the elementals were loyal to their friends." She dismounted and began to walk towards the fire.

"No wait." Hreezas soft words stopped Arawil. She was mortified- She had never meant to insult the maia. "Please...I didnt mean to insult you O Maia. I am at your service, you know that. I will always be loyal to you, even if I do have...well, ok, if i do have a sense of humour."

The woman stopped, watching Hreeza carefully. The wind sprite shifted uncomfortably- she could never read Arawils emotions like she could the others. Eventually she sighed then raised an eyebrow. "Dont you forget it. You serve the Mistress of Manners alright?"

Hreeza soft laugh of relief rippled around Arawil and the maia half smiled before stalking back to the fire, pointedly ignoring Zohariel. The necromancer remained a mystery to Hreeza, but she didnt feel to wary of her- she had found, at first examination, a great love of nature and a wish and passion of healing. No harm would come to Zohariel Canute, but she still had alot to prove to Arawil Spiders Bane. Like Hreeza herself.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #76
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Zohariel noticed Arawil ignoring her. She hardly cared; she just wanted to get warm. She shuffled nearer the fire and curled up into a ball. Her cloak- the one clean bit- turned her into a small, black lump.
I still sense death. Why am I here? There is no dead here. I could be out doing something else and getting paid for it.
For the hundreth time she wondered why she was a Necromancer, and why she didn't just dump those b****y bells in a ditch and get herself a proper, paying job. so she wouldn't have to steal. The other voice in her argued back.
You never chose to be a Necromancer. Necromancing chose you. It's not something you can just drop. And what would your mother, your grandfather say if they saw those bells lying in a ditch?
The feeling of death still lingered and she could not shake it off. Finally she got up and began pacing the ground around the fire, trying to sense where the feeling came from.
On the way round, she hit one girl's head with her bell pouch- a total accident. She had no idea who it was- the stressy one was over there though- but the girl rose to her feet practically snarling.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:47 PM   #77
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR, NECROMANCER!!!" Dykoria screamed.
"It's wasn't like i meant to do it, geeze! Though you did deserve it!" Zohariel screamed back.
Hreeza gave a slight chuckle, and she knew that Dykoria deserved that, even though it was an accident.
"And what are you lauging about sprite?!" Dykoria had turned her attention to the sprite she couldn't see, but she heard her laugh on the breeze.
Hreeze didn't answer and just kept on laughing, and the stanger joined in.
Dykoria did not like this, so she lunged at Zohariel, and the laughter stopped. The stanger stumbled back, and glared daggers at the arrogent ranger.
"Excuse me?" Zohariel asked.
"Don't mess with me." Dykoria hissed.
The Necromancer got into fighting stance and Dykoria did that same.
"If you wouldn't mind, don't fight in my presence, we have more important things to do then scream and moan about nothing!" Arawil scolded, "Dykoria come here!"
"What do you want?"
"You need to change your attitude, and you need to do it now. I will not let you carry on like this." Arawil spoke in a harsh whisper.
"Nothing's wrong with my attitude."
"I will not argue, you attitude is a disgrace to all rangers, and humans alike, no that I like them anyways. Do not tempt me to ban you from this mission, becuase i will do it like that!" The Maia snapped her fingers, and walked away.
Dykoria hmphed and went to check on Morne Nuru.

[ October 30, 2002: Message edited by: Shadow_Staar ]
Old 10-30-2002, 06:37 PM   #78
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Morluinien sat, drinking an herbal tea and watching the children closely.

"Man he (Who is she)?" The girl asked, looking at Morluinien.

"Im, hîn nîn, Morluinien. A im kurus numad e-turon. Nîn garil daedelos (I, my children, am Morluinien. And I am a priestess of much power. Do you fear me)?"

"Le garin daedelos (I fear you)" the small boy said.

"Im avo garin daedelos (Do not fear me)," Morluinien said.

"Dan nîn onig daedelos (But you give me fear)," the boy said, shivering.

Morluinien was tired of talking.

" Avo pedo...esto (Don't sleep...rest)," Morluinien said, waving her hand. The children fell fast asleep. She turned to Bran.

"Get me some more firewood," she said quietly, "We are running low."

"Yes, my lady," Bran said.

Morluinien closed her eyes for a second, sighing, then reopened them, saying, "For tonight, call me Morluinien."

"Y-yes...Morluinien," Bran said, confused.

"Now go...please," Morluinien said, touching him on the arm. Before she could have a chance to go back on her kindness, Bran ran out of the room, to get wood.

Morluinien sat by the fire, staring into it. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Naneth...nîn avo ono umarth. Mel aníron. A le aníron (Mother...do not give me this ill fate. I desire love. And I desire you)," Morluinien whispered...

[ October 30, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 10-30-2002, 06:49 PM   #79
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Arawil stormed off after her confrontation with Dykoria. What had started as her own personal vendetta had morphed into a child's walking party, and she was not happy about the change. She did not trust this necromancer. Those who deal with the dead seldom are good companions to the living.

Still fuming, she swung herself into a nearby tree, within seconds reaching the top. Suddenly, something caught her eye. "I see smoke!" she called down to her companions. "Green smoke to the south!"
Old 10-31-2002, 02:54 PM   #80
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

As Zohariel stood to walk around to a better place by the fire, her strange bag hanging from her arm, Hreeza could almost see the accident before it happened. Zohariel turned, stepping over a branch and the sudden movement made the bad swing, hitting Dykoria solidly on the back of her head. She tried to stifle her laughter as the two women started yelling at each other angrily, but a small chuckle slipped out. Immediately Dykoria rounded on her.

"And what are you laughing about sprite?!" Hreeza couldnt stop and her contagious laughter soon got Zohariel laughing. Min gave a small chuckle, watching from the fire.

Dykoria looked furiously at the necromancer, glaring at the air where she thought Hreeza was, although she was looking in entirely the wrong direction, a fact that only fuelled the sprites laughter. The ranger dived at Zohariel pushing her backwards towards the fire, sending her stumbling backwards.

Now the pair took up the fighting stance, quickly chasing away any remains of laughter. Hreeza started towards Zohariel, but Arawil then thankfully interfered.

"If you wouldn't mind, don't fight in my presence, we have more important things to do then scream and moan about nothing! Come here Dykoria!" She scolded them both, but then took the ranger aside, muttering angrily to her.

The wind sprite floated just behind Zohariel. "Much as I enjoyed watching that O Necromancer, you must not fight the ranger."

"Oh yeah? And sence when can you tell me what to do more than the hyped up little-"

"Do not critisize the handmaidens of the Valar!" Hreeza voice came out more sharply than she had intended. Zohariel paused, stunned before speakinh more quietly. "She is a Maia?"

"Indeed. And I am loyal to her. However, I promise you, I will not let you come to any harm here, from the arrogant ranger or others, but please do not make things hard. And do not force me to choose between one of the creatures created in the ame way as me, and one who...well, frankly whose attitude I love!"

Zohariel gave the sprite a very odd look then grinned. "Served her right though didnt it?" She whispered slyly.

Hreeza grinned back. "Oh yeah, O Guider of The Dead. Big time!"