Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye Blue Sky, Night Thunder: The Fool's Errand

All right, here we go!

Thorondruin gazed around the room, looking for someone who could help him. He didn't need anyone specific, just someone large and strong. He moved up to the bar and ordered an ale. He continued to look around, but didn't spot anyone he'd like to invite on his mission. And he couldn't trust just anyone...he was going to steal one of the fabled Silmarils and that required very trustworthy people. He didn't see anyone like that here. With a sigh, he finished his ale and got up to leave. This was the third Inn he'd tried and he hadn't seen anyone he'd trust with a cup of water, let alone his life. He started toward the door, but halfway there he was accosted by a big, black haired man who smelled like he hadn't bathed or had anything but ale for a week. "Hold it, little man," he growled, "I think you should just hand over that coin you're carrying." Quickly, Thorondruin sized the man up. He was big, but slow. Also drunk. He shouldn't pose a problem. "Get out of my way, now, and there won't be a problem. You'll probably even leave here alive."

The big man laughed and swung a ham-fist at Thorondruin's head. Thorondruin ducked and swung his dagger at the man's cheek, laying it open to the bone. "That was a warning." he said, "Try it again and I'll go for your throat." Ignoring the warning, the big man tried again. Thorondruin neatly cut his throat and left him where he fell. He brandished his bloody dagger at the rest of the Inn's patrons and said softly, "Anyone else who wants to try robbing me, I'm ready." There were no takers. Thorondruin left the Inn, but as he walked down the street, he heard running footsteps behind him and someone shouted "Wait!" He turned around and raised his dagger, ready.

[ December 25, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Ivy of the Woods
Animated Skeleton

Ivy of the Woods has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was Ivy who yelled out for the Inn doors but it was not to Thorondruin that she called. Some one wearing a long brown cloak looked at her just beyond him and she ran pass Thorondruin and over to him.
"Lander there is some one hurt at the Inn, let me just help him then we'll go." Ivy of Rohan looked up at her friend who shook his head. Lander's face was covered by the cowl of his cloak and he stood straight, with strenght. She knew he wished to leave but thought she could help the man who lay on the Inn floor.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
Silent Wanderer

Sting

Lander looked over at the man who had pointed a dagger at Ivy then turned his attention to her.
"If he can be helped some one else can. Lets get out of this place." He whistled for their horses who came running.
"We don't want anymore trouble here. I want to avoid spilling blood."

Old 07-14-2002, 08:28 PM   #4
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This was the kind of excitement she was looking for. She looked with avid, yet morbid interest as the man went down clutching the gushing would, trying to staunch the flow of blood. He finally fell to the floor, and twitched; the last throes of his death descended on him like a carrion fowl to the dead. She stood and tip-toed around the pool of crimson blood that stained the floor, mindful of the full length of her white cloak.

Gushes of cool fresh air met her, and she greeted it with a deep breath and a smile. There was a woman just getting onto a horse and the man in the inn that she had seen was cleaning his bloody dagger. "You looking for trouble." He glanced at her malevolently.

A wolfish smile spread across her face. "Will it looks like you are, so if you think about barking up this tree then maybe you should look at what's up it first." She let the tip of her own trusted dagger flash in the latern light.

"I saw you at the inn, who are you?" He said, eyeing her warily.

"A passing traveller," Her cold eyes scanned him from the depths of her white hood. He turned away, his face flashing with sudden interest but cloaked with contempt made her smile, "Who is interested in what exactly you are so keen on protecting." She let her hand come out of the cloak and slowly she let the dagger drop from her hand, the chain clinking on her silver gauntlet until the top of the blade was a mere hair away from the mucky ground.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin considered this move. If he understood the Elf's weapon correctly, it was quite wicked. And she was still holding the chain end. Too dangerous. "Drop it completely and I'll tell you what I'm after," he told her. She looked disbelieving.
"You drop yours first. I'll no more leave myself open than you will."
Ah, she was both wise and cautious. "Very well," he said, and dropped a dagger to the ground.
She paused a moment before dropping the end of her chain and saying, "You only dropped one. I like caution in a man. Now, what are you after?"
"Not here...too open. Follow me." He led her through the streets until they reached a dark house. Without opening the door, he said "I'm going to Ossiriand to steal something. Something very special." She waited. After a time, he continued, "I'm going to steal the Silmaril which is fabled to be somewhere there."
She nodded and said, "I may know where it is." He gave her a long hard stare.
"Truly?"
"Truly."
Old 07-14-2002, 08:44 PM   #6
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dineniel sat in a corner of the bar room with her hands around a mug of ale, and watched the brawl begin with one of her eyebrows arched in amusment. In a flash, the big man was lying on the floor and the other had stormed out of the Inn.

Hmm...that was interesting she thought. He seemed to be looking for someone. I'm hoping he wasn't the fellow I stole that horse from, but I'm guessing he wasn't looking for me. He certainly didn't have the look of a farmer, anyways. Speaking of the horse, I should be going about now...

She drained her glass and set it lightly down on the table, pulled down her hood and pushed her hair out of her eyes, and stood up. Then she swept out of the bar into the cool night air, heading to where her stolen horse was tethered. Or should have been. Dineniel swore violently at the empty stable and turned on her heel.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 07-14-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Her lips curled in another smile, a flash of distrust flickered in his eyes and then went out. "Take your hood off." He snapped, agitation smeared his words.

She reached back and yanked her hood off, the harsh light making her wince. "I know where it is, if you want it. I'm thinking that it would be too hard to obtain but with the right people around... the jewel is priceless and the Noldor would pay double your weight in gold for it." She said in a hushed tone, knowing full well that many of the people in the town wouldn't know what she was talking about, but if the words got to the wrong person...well, she just didn't want to think of it. "What is your name, blood wolf?" She asked suddenly, catching the lanky man off guard.

"Thorondruin."

She nodded "They call me Himelilek." Leaning back on her heels, bring the dagger slowly up by its chain.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:19 PM   #8
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin watched coldly as the Elf coiled the chain on her weapon. He'd begun to have second thoughts about her, before, but if she knew where he could find the thing, it would prevent his having to wander all over Ossiriand looking for it. It meant that, once again, his instincts had not failed him. "You said you knew some people."
She gave him her full attention now. "Welll..." she drawled, "That's not precisely what I said, although it can be true, for the right price."
"Price?" He said sharply.
"I want half of whatever you sell it for."
"Who said I was going to sell it?"
She laughed suddenly, making him reach for his dagger, "Come now, only a fool would steal such a thing and then keep it, and you are no fool."
"Half is out of the question, then. Ten percent."
"25"
"How many people are you planning to bring inro this mission, anyway?"
She seemed amused by his question. "I don't know. 25 percent?"
"No. Not until I know how many people I'm dealing with.
"Fine. Shall we return to the Inn, then?"
"You first," he said, gesturing with his dagger.
"But of course." She was definitely amused now, and she felt no danger, bacause he needed her.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:24 PM   #9
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Dineniel noticed two figures a short distance away, imersed in a quiet conversation and looking slightly shifty. As she drew closer, she recognized one of them as the man from the bar fight.

He looks about the right type for a horse thief. It takes one to know one.she thought, but saw no horse in sight.I don't suppose it could hurt to ask...

She reached the two figures, both of whom started at her presence; true to her name, she was able to move without a sound.
"Excuse me, have either of you seen a large grey mare being led away from here? It's going to be dificult going for me without it, and it has been, ah, stolen." rather re-stolen, but they don't need to know that...she thought wryly.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:32 PM   #10
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin shifted his attention to the newcomer. Was it possibly true that she was asking about her horse? He recognised her as someone who'd been sitting in the Inn, one who'd given him a rather strange and intense look. He decided to play along. "As a matter of fact, a woman rode away on such a horse not ten minutes ago. Maybe you should try to catch up to her." She just stared at him, and he could tell that she didn't really believe him, but she also didn't completely disbelieve him either.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:37 PM   #11
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Himelilek watched lascivously as glances were exhanged between the horse-thief and the man. "Get going girl. The longer you stand gawking, the farther you are from getting that horse back." She said slowly, nodding towards the road.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:42 PM   #12
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

"I don't think I'd have much hope catching a woman on horseback while I am on foot and have little idea where she has gone. It wold be less trouble to find another horse, I imagine." Dineniel replied icily.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:45 PM   #13
navmarien

Sting

Ollea sat alone at a table in a dank corner of the room, watching the proceedings with subdued interest. carefully concealled in her cloak and with her hood up she looked every part a young, bored man looking for some excitement, if a bit small and gaunt. Himelilek appeared to be toying with some rogue mortal across the dimly lit room, but this seemed slightly different than usual- from this distance it looked like she very well be doing some sort of deal. The third was unknown to her, but she had seen her steal a horse from outside. Ollea considered her position carefully. Though she had not yet been on the receiving end of Himelilek's Pendulam blade, the elf was beginning to doubt where Ollea's loyalties lay. Whatever was to be done would have to be done with utmost care.
She made the contact. >Himelilek,< she sent, keeping her 'voice' low and mellow so as not to aggravate a flare of temper, >Been a while. Care to fill in an old friend?<

Old 07-14-2002, 09:51 PM   #14
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

At the newcomer's remark, Thorondruin burst out laughing. The other two gave him varying looks of consternation. "'Find another one', indeed!" He said, recovering, "What's your name, girl? I may have a use for your talents."
"Dinenial. Why would you need my talents? I'm just-"
"Don't tell us you're only an ordinary Elf, girl!" Himelilek said sharply.
"Then I won't. Why do you need my talents as a horse-thief?
"We're going to find something and you could help." Thorondruin said. "Well, what?" He snapped at Himelilek, who looked suddenly distracted.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:53 PM   #15
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

"Find what, exactly?" said Dineniel suspiciously.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:56 PM   #16
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin looked around to make sure no one was listening. He did notice a young man across the room staring at them, but he was confident that he was too far away to be able to hear what was going on. "I'm going to steal the Silmaril hidden somewhere in Ossiriand. Sound interesting?"
Old 07-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #17
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Dineniel's eyes lit up.
"Steal a Silmaril? Sounds like a challenge...how on earth did you locate a Silmaril? Never mind, that's not the point. The point is, that sounds like a challenge and I'm always up to...expand my skills."
Old 07-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #18
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

She tensed, hearing the familiar voice; a voice the mortals could not hear. The smile on her face grew more mischievious as the minutes went by. "Yes, but watch your mouth girl. I have seen people run fast when they make enemies with me." Her voice was like honey-coated barbs, and as she turned away she relished in the heated look the girl gave her.

She left them standing there, in the road to go into the inn where she thought the voice came from. In the corner of the room there was the face that matched the voice, peering at her over the rim of a cup of ale. Mindful of the blood still on the floor--but the dead man gone, dragged off by the looks of the trail--she picked her cape up and walked to the table and sat down. "Ollea." The icy-eyed elf acknowledged with the tilt of her silver head.

"Himelilek" She muttered tipping her mug towards the elf.

"Up to no good as usual?" Himelilek's eyes were on the door as the woman she had been talking with and the overly ambitious theif walked in the door.

Nodding slowly, Ollea's eyes fell on the two she had been looking at, "As always." She sighed, her eyes shifted to Himelilek's silver ones. "So what have you been getting up to, lately?"

"Things that innocents like you shouldn't be getting into." She taunted mercilessly.

"ah." Skillfuly avoiding the question, as always. Ollea thought darkly as she looked at the silver decked elf. Taking a drink of her ale, she glanced at the two that were looming over Himelilek's shoulder. One, the elf-girl looked pouty and the other, the man, looked as if the whole of Melkor's army was after him.

"This one here is ideal for what you have in mind, Thorondruin." She said sweetly, not glancing over her shoulder but staring straight into Ollea's eyes unnervingly.

"In mind for what? What hair-brained scheme have you gotten yourself into this time, Himelilek?"

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #19
navmarien

Sting

>Very,< Ollea said from across the room. She watched the man whip his head around, looking for the source of the sound, but of course the only sound was in his head. She was glad for the hood then, which cast a concealing shadow across a face that was trying desperately to hold back a grin. though not as prone to violence as Himelelik, she did love toying with the rebels.

Old 07-14-2002, 10:04 PM   #20
navmarien

Sting

(oops-i cant keep up with u guys)
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2002, 10:05 PM   #21
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

<<OOC: Manelwen: I'm actually an elf, just wanted to point that out. I had my hair covering my ears so you couldn't tell. I can't hear your conversation with Ollea, maybe because I haven't been around many other elves or sommat>>
Old 07-14-2002, 10:08 PM   #22
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

<'overly ambitious theif' indeed! Thanks, Manelwen; I think you made my day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]>

Thorondruin sat down on one side of the table while Dineniel took the other. "Yes, Himelilek who is this and what are you planning now?" He glanced suspiciously back and forth between the two.

<OOC: I thought Dinenial was an Elf>
Old 07-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #23
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I know, I know...I made a mistake. Hey, even Elves make mistakes sometimes...

Old 07-14-2002, 10:19 PM   #24
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

<<don't worry about it>>
Dineniel was enormously mad at Himelilek but trying hard not to show it.

And who knows how long I'll be stuck with her?! she fumed I'm sure a Silmaril is worth it, though. A Silmaril! Who'd ever have thought that Dineniel, the wandering theif and all-round no-good would be after a Silmaril!
Old 07-14-2002, 10:21 PM   #25
navmarien

Sting

Ollea raised an eyebrow at Himelelik, who simply returned her glare.
Sighing, she looked at the man. He had a will to dominate, she could see that well enough. "My name," she said icily, "is Stormfire. That will be suffiecient for now."
Ollea looked at the dark elf across the table, rolling her eyes. >I can't believe i'm going along with this. What kind of wild-goose chase are you leading these rebels now?<
Himelelik grinned.

Old 07-14-2002, 10:23 PM   #26
navmarien

Sting

Hey! my rank just went up, YAY!

Old 07-14-2002, 10:25 PM   #27
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin was beginning to have serious doubts about Himelelik: not only about her fitness for his mission, but about her very sanity. What reason had she to smile so?
Old 07-14-2002, 10:29 PM   #28
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Yawning to catch all three of their attention, Himelilek nodded to the door, feeling eyes in the back of her head. "I suppose that now would be a good time to get moving." She suggested as she stood with a great flourish (and rather over-exaggerated) wave of her arm, her cloak swirled and swished as she moved. The other three caught the flash over her dagger and the clink of the chain as she moved.

They followed her out one by one, Ollae was last as she had to pay her bill, nonchalantly throwing a few coins on the table. "What?" Said the man irritably.

"There are a few men in there that might make some trouble for us. They caught you talking." Grumbled Himelilek.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:34 PM   #29
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

"Great, that's just what we need. Trouble from drunken nosy imbeciles." muttered Dineniel as she stalked towards the door.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 07-14-2002, 10:37 PM   #30
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Irritably, Thorondruin led the other three outside. Suddenly, he realised what was bothering him: other than Himelelik's apparent lack of sanity, there were no men. He's gone to this town hoping to find big, strong, fighting men and instead he'd found only Elf-women. He thought it very strange.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:39 PM   #31
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Khelek ran swiftly through the forest, sure-footed and silent. He knew these woods well; every tree and stone, river and dell. He had just had a successful hunt and would last a day or two more without food. As the sun started sinking and the mists strayed into the wood from the river, the wolf neared an inn that he was well-accustumed to. Few ever saw him, but he would sneak around the back and find a nice firewood pile to sleep against. He happened to come around the back, sticking to the shadows, nothing more than a silent ghost, when he saw a large man speaking to an Elf.

They both weilded daggers, and seemed to have a certain malice within them. "Obnoxious thiefs," the wolf thought to himself. "Up to no good, by the scent of their adrenaline." The wolf's keen ears caught the words 'steal' and 'Silmaril,' and he did not need to hear anymore to know that they intended to go after one of the rarest of Elf jewels. And the only one that could be even slightly known to thiefs was from the House of Thingol.

"Ah, so they plan to steal from Elf-lords, eh? Well, they'll have something to deal with." The wolf curled up against a pile of firewood, sniffing the air for the Elf and man to come out again.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #32
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Himelilek curled her lip as she went outside, the feeling was even worse outside. She grabbed the knife to her pendulum weapon and let the chain slide into her fingers to give her a good enough swing for if and when it did come.

Old 07-14-2002, 10:56 PM   #33
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

As he stepped outside, Thorondruin sensed something not quite right, but he couldn't identify what is was. He glance around warily, but saw nothing. To be on the safe side thoughm he made sure to remain in well lighted areas of the street, and he warned the others they should do the same. Himelelik and Dineniel sneered at his presumptousness at telling Elves when there was danger. He glared back, but he noticed that they did remain with him in the light. He could still sense something following, but he wouldn't mention it unless it attacked. They were most likely aware of it anyway.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:03 PM   #34
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Dineniel was uncomfortable staying in the light; she felt safer in the shadows always. However, she didn't want to loose the others and stuck with the streetlamps. She could sense a presence following them, and fingered the blue jewel set in the handle of one of her long, dark, wickedly pointed daggers, a nervous habit of hers.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:03 AM   #35
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

Remdil missed it all. His uncle would chide him for it later as a disgraceful lapse of his bouncerly duties, but how was he to know there would be another fight? After the last one, he'd been worried about the chickens (one of the men in the fight had betrayed a certain liking for eggs, and another had kept harping on the survival virtues of the beasts) and had gone outside to make sure they were still there.
In fact, he was right. One of the walls had been severely damaged by someone who had apparently chosen that moment for his exit. Remdil vowed once again that he would someday learn to walk more quietly.

At the moment, however, the chickens were escaping, and so there was the difficult business of catching them, the irritating task of repairing their coop, and the puzzling matter of what to do with them in the meantime. Unable to think of anything better, he'd deposited them in the kitchen (much to the chagrin of the cooks, who were all a little afraid of Remdil's booming voice and looming bulk) and spent the last couple of hours nailing together boards in the dark and muttering to himself in terms that should have embarrassed the stars.

Now he was finished. He snorted to himself in satisfaction, proud of the task he'd accomplished, and headed back toward the kitchen.

Suddenly, he stopped. Was that a wolf he smelled?
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-15-2002, 12:51 AM   #36
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

The tall, large man stumbled up to the inn and pushed the door open. He walked in sluggishly as if he was drunk.......... or even exhausted. His bald head glistenend in the pale light as beads of sweat trickled down his brow over his dark, cold eyes. His scarred face expressed a sullen scowl as he limped over to the bar counter. Slamming his fist on the wooden board he snarled, "Ale, wench!" His large muscular arms bore many scars some of which were fresh, some on which the blood had recently dried.

Sipping the ale from the flagon that was placed before him, he sullenly surveyed the room. A few men and elves stood or sat around discussing matters in harsh subdued tones. He noticed an elven maiden staring at him with a maniacal grin across her face and when he saw her hand reach for her dagger and chain, he casually loosed his tunic to reveal a chain around his neck on whcih were strung three dried and shrivelled and one freshly severed pair of elven ears.

He met her gaze and winked. She grinned even wider and walked towards him. Slamming her dagger into the bar counter she said, "Nice necklace, handsome. I am Himelilek."

The bald, sullen man raised a scarred eyebrow, "I am called Ozracles," he growled, fingering the ear strung necklace "You have nice ears."

Himelilek threw her head back and laughed as the others drew near. In a flash Ozracles had his battleaxe in hand, but silently kept seated sipping his ale.

Ooc - Allright, the gangs all here, lets loot, plunder and burn down stuff. Heeyahh!
Note to goodie characters. Do not ruin the game by trying to nip evil plans in the bud, thank you.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #37
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Ooc- My previous post takes place during the meeting between Susan's and Manelwen's charaters, now back to present timeline.

Ozracles was ever ready for a fight but suddenly everyone around him walked out of the inn. The tall, bald barbarian grunted and finsihed his drink. Dropping a few coins on the counter he walked out and found them standing outside in discussion.

"Hey you lot," he yelled, "I know that your kind are up to no good."

"And are you going to stop us, barbarian?" sneered a tall thin man, apparently the self proclaimed leader of this pack of rabid thugs.

"Far from it," replied Ozracles, "But I have overheard you requiring men for a fine night of loot and plunder, well, look no further."

"Really?" said Hiemlilek, "of what use could you possibly be to us?

"Hush, elf," cried Thorondruin, "we could defintely have use for this barbarian."

"Har! Har!" laughed Ozracles, his massive hulking frame looming over them all, " A wise decision. But I am very hungry now and the inn cannot provide me with the food I need."

"What do you have in mind for a repast, bald one," laughed the maniac elf maid.

"I crave for wolf flesh," grinned the bald barbarian.

"And I smell one already?" she replied, "let's hunt wolf."
Old 07-15-2002, 08:15 AM   #38
navmarien

Sting

She had seen the bald man in the bar earlier, and he seemed to have a sadistic streak that even came close to rivalling Himelilek's own. Ollea sensed the wolf as well as the others; it was of the Elf-lords themselves, and following close. did it hear these plans calling for wolf-meat? A wolf's hearing was extraordinary, but was it close enough?
"My, what a solemn little monk you have here, Himelelik!" the sneering voice of the bald man broke her train of thought, and he reached out to shove what he thought was a small young man. Faster than he could see his hand was seized, and twisted hard enough to make him wince, a feat when you were dealing with a barbarian's pride.
"why you lit-" Still thinking he was dealing with a mortal, he raised the battle-ax he carried, preparing to swing. Ollea raised her chin defiantly, loosening her hold on her powers, allowing her eyes to seem like two bright blue flames. Ozracles took a step back in shock, shock that grew when the young man lowered his hood to became an Elven maiden whose face seemed set in stone.
Himelelik laughed at the sight of the mighty barbarian frozen in shock at being bested by something half his size. "Not all elves will donate easily to your collection," she laughed lightly, refering to the elven-ear necklace Ollea had seen him show Himelelik in the bar. "Lady Stormfire here has enough patience to warn you of your foolishness. I most often will not." She stopped laughing abruptly, a dark element coming into her manaical grin. Dineniel eyed the dark elf uneasily.
Relax, she sent to the horse thief. just try not to speak with her more than you have to and she will leave you alone. I've dealt with her before. The horse thief appeared to relax slightly, but it was hard to tell.
"So are we hunting a wolf or not?" Ozracles said gruffly, trying to regain his composure. "Of course," Himelelik said merrily. "Lead on."
Time was running out. Replacing her hood, Ollea sent a frantic message to the wolf, taking great caution that her companions catch not even a faint whisper of it, especially not Himelelik. Friend of Doriath, this is Lady Stormfire. Doubtless it is that you have heard of a plot among these people, but i have this one. You need to get back, they sense you. I suggest you hurry.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:59 AM   #39
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Her armor was beginning to annoy her. She wanted out of it but it was the only thing that usually kept her alive in most situations like this. With no one to trust but herself and her knife, she would take no chances. Flashing another toothy grin at the hairless warrior Himelilek sidled up to him, her knife hanging of its chain, swinging at her side. "So, who was the fortunate that so willingly donated to your cause, barbarian?" She purred, her cool eyes fluttered over the gorish necklack with avid curiosity.

"An elfin maiden who didn't take me seriously." He snarled, hefting his axe threateningly.

Raising a silver eyebrow at the man, she dug into her own pocket and pulled out a small leather satchel. She tossed it at him. "Open it." She ordered in a light voice, her eyes on the bag as if she didn't know what was in it herself.

Cautiously the warrior opened the back and dumped its contents into the palm of his hands. It took all his will to keep from throwing what spilled out onto the muck. "Yes, teeth. I collected them from the cocky barbarians that didn't know better than to avoid me." Himelilek said, taking the teeth from his hand and putting them back into the leather bag.

"You are sick." Growled the silent lanky man, Thorondruin.

She threw back her head, tossing her glorious mane over her shoulders and laughed. "I know! That's what they tell me, hm, Firestorm?"

"Himelilek, stop scaring the men." Ollae said with a sigh as she brought out her own weapon. "Come on, Himelilek, we hunt." She hissed excitedly, and ran quickly into the woods.

"I suppose we do!" Himelilek said delightedly as she swung the length of her chained knife around her neck and held the morningstar ball in one and the long bladed knife in the other. She turned as she ran and smiled impishly at the two men that stood silently on the street, "Don't worry, I got your back." she called before vanishing into the woods without a sound.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #40
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

From the direction where she had run, there was a bloodcurdling scream. Out of the trees came a figure swathed in a silver cloak, the hood pulled down low over it's head. It snarled in a low, rough voice:
"Not one move or little miss squealer squeals her last." It was then they realised that he was dragging Hiemlilek along, holding a sharp dagger to her throat. The metal glitnted brightly. Then the figure dropped his dagger and realeased her. He was positive he knew one of them, but he could not say where.
Then it hit him. Firestorm!