The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #361
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++ Shasta
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #362
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Nerwen

ETA: We did it, my love! In your memory shall we claim victory! <3
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #363
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Deadline. No more posting.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #364
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
-celebrates-

Take that, you flea-bitten mongrels!

Except my dear one, obviously.

Edit - X'ed with el mod. Sorry Boro.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #365
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Indeed Nerwen is lynched. And aye she's a wolf. It's Night...5? Now. Those with nightly activities, do them.

LIVING

Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.
Shasta...Notable miscreant.

DEAD

Boro...King's Secretary - Night 1
Inziladun...Furrier (Ordo) - Day 1
Kath...Baker (Ordo) - Night 2.
Agan...Baker's wife (Ordo) - Day 2
Pitch...Shepherd (Ordo) - Night 3
Bom...cobbler (Ordo) - Day 3
No Death...Gwaihir save! - Night 4
Nerwen...Town crier (Wolf) - Day 4
Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #366
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

"Good work on last night's protection. I've got a new name for you tonight." said the Town's miscreant.

The eagle lord shook its head. "My debt has been repaid."

Shasta stood agape, not believing what he had heard from the eagle. "You came here to serve me, to guard whomever I asked you to guard. I command you fulfill your promises!"

"The eagles do not serve men, we serve a higher being, scarcely known to men. You saved one of my kin, I did as you bid and saved one of yours. Not two, just one. The debt has been repaid."

The miscreant was growing more furious with the eagle. How could Gwaihir, the great Windlord just abandon the village now? When the townspeople were in their greatest need too? "I fear the pack will come for me tonight. Guard me. Not for a favor, but for a friend."

"You know I can not. Even if I could, I would not be able to fight off another wolf attack. I fear one bit me good in the attack last night, and the wounds need a healer's touch. The debt..."

"I know, I know." interrupted Shasta. "Its been repaid. Well if it's going that you must do, than go already. Go, go, go...see if your race gets help from me again."

"Simple minded human." brawked Gwaihir. "Does not understand the powers that turns the world. The eagles do not meddle in the affairs of Men and Elves. Though we do not let eagle-friends, sit and wait, only to die."

---

The two wolves were on the prowl again. Angry, hungry, and even angier because of their misfortunes in the past 24 hours. They would eat that miscreant tonight though. See if that stupid pet bird stopped them from feasting two straight nights.

As they entered the home of Shasta, gleefully they felt no presense of the eagle at all. "This will be easy tonight." gleamed one of the wolves. But as they tore the house apart, Shasta was nowhere to be found.

"Where could he be?" whimpered a wolf.

"Gone by the looks of it." growled the other. "He didn't even leave us a rotten apple!"

Conflicted with happiness of never having to deal with the dumb bird, or the miscreant again, yet being hungrier than ever as the miscreant seemed to have grown wings of his own, or flown off with that eagle.

"Well, where did we leave the Shepherd's sheep?" asked a wolf.

"By the shepherd...I think." smiled the other.

LIVING

Galadriel55...Cook.
Greenie...Undertaker.
Kitanna...Cooper.
Loslote...Candlestick Maker.
Nogrod...Wine-maker from Dorwiniondil.
Sally...most prestigious Musician and Poet of Lake-town.

DEAD

Boro...King's Secretary - Night 1
Inziladun...Furrier (Ordo) - Day 1
Kath...Baker (Ordo) - Night 2.
Agan...Baker's wife (Ordo) - Day 2
Pitch...Shepherd (Ordo) - Night 3
Bom...cobbler (Ordo) - Day 3
No Death...Gwaihir save! - Night 4
Nerwen...Town crier (Wolf) - Day 4
Shasta...Town miscreant (Ranger/Gwaihir) - Night 5

It is Day 5. Carry on and bring me another lynch.

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-13-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #367
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Seeing as everyone knows everyone else's roles and somehow I think no one is going to submit, everyone should be prepared for an internet staring contest.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #368
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Just to make things interesting, I decided to hunt Galadriel....
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #369
Kitanna
Child of the West

It's 50/50 you're lying anyway, so why would I risk believing you?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #370
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Confirmation: Kit is a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Seeing as everyone knows everyone else's roles and somehow I think no one is going to submit, everyone should be prepared for an internet staring contest.
*stares*

Sally, how does your schedule work tomorrow (toDay at DL)? Nog? Mine is not very WW frinedly, as I am out of the house an hour before deadline, and comming back an hour after, and there's no way I could change it.

A note about yesterDay: I was getting quite paranoid until Lottie's "reveal" (more like revelation...). I was afraid sally was leading me around with my trust, laughing at me. I'm glad you weren't.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #371
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'll be here.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #372
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So, Kit, why didn't you just let Nerwen get thrown under the bus yesterDay? Why the escapades? Until your antics, I wasn't sure who the other baddie was, and might have actually trusted you. What prompted the fake reveal?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #373
Kitanna
Child of the West

++G55
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #374
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What's there to talk about now?

This game is becomming a race of which vote's the latest... >.<

Wolves, maybe you'd care to explain your Pitch-kill now to make this more interesting? No? Well, it was worth a try.

Edit: xed since my last. Yay! people!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #375
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Wouldn't it be hilarious if I turned out to be the last wolf all along?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #376
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So, Kit, why didn't you just let Nerwen get thrown under the bus yesterDay? Why the escapades? Until your antics, I wasn't sure who the other baddie was, and might have actually trusted you. What prompted the fake reveal?
You know, I was also thinking that the wolves would sacrifice Nerwen to keep their identity a mystery. But they made a bet for it - and a close one too! The last minute votes came it moments one after the other! It took me just one refresh to have them all shown.

So, which wolf to lynch toDay? They're both known.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #377
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Not to me.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #378
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
I was bored and until Nerwen did it too I thought it might sway the last ordo.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #379
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, Kit....

÷÷Galadriel
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #380
Kitanna
Child of the West

I really thought it might sway Nog in our direction. But I knew by Day's end everyone would know one way or the other. I knew it'd be a tie and we're not out yet. I wasn't going to throw Nerwen under the bus.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #381
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
÷÷Galadriel
I was so excited for a moment!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #382
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
÷÷Galadriel
I really hope Boro is not reading off a phone!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #383
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
You know, after pondering this for a bit, I think it would be even more hilarious if I turned out to be the last wolf. Then I would have sacrificed a packmate, gotten lucky with Shasta, and accused innocent Kit and Greenie. And, as innocents, they should have been Hunter and Seer respectively, which would mean that sally is the third wolf. And Lottie would probably have been the ordo, and Nog the cobbler.

Never thought to expand this way, have you, wolves?

But I'm not a wolf, as I have proved to you. But this more interesting that a staring contest.

*still staring**sleeps with open eyes to continue staring*

See y'all after a nap!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #384
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What on earth?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #385
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So this is after all a lovers' game and Sally & Kit are lovers? Otherwise this makes little sense... what Sally does I mean.

Galadriel, did you actually dream Greenie as the cobbler or was her role just your guess after seeing her an innocent (=non-wolf)? Not that it seems to be of much relevance as yesterDay's voting went neatly along the lines our scenario predicted.

Okay. I'll try to just clear this to myself so I'm also sharing this.

YesterDay's Nerwolf lynchers:
Shasta: known ranger, deceased.
Galadriel: seer (most likely true).
Sally: hunter? lover? cobbler? (nailed wolf-Nerwen yesterDay).
Nogrod: ordinary innocent.

That would leave as baddies the Shasta-voters:
Nerwen: lynched wolf.
Kitanna: wolf by G's dream & more or less own revelation.
Lottie: wolf more or less by own revelation from yesterDay.
Greenie: cobbler by G's dream, voted along the wolves as she should.

Looking at that Sally's action makes no sense and the wolves win. At the moment it looks like we're going to lynch Galadriel toDay (Kit, Sally, Lottie & Greenie have four votes agaisnt G55's & my two).

Sally. You are a lover, aren't you?

EDIT: Forget this post - see the next one for details...

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-14-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #386
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Haha...

I just scrolled the last few posts only to start wondering what Lottie meant when she said she was excited for a moment after seeing Sally's vote as it didn't seem to make sense.

And then I realised the markers in Sally's vote (we don't have that sign in Finnish keyboards so I can't reproduce them here)!

So that's it then... Sorry for all the trouble reading my previous post gives you (heh, nice chance to glance into my conspiracy-theory suspectible mind).

Back to business then. I'm not able to stay up till 3AM (DL here) as I have work in the morning, so that will leave it to Sally to bring home the bacon once again.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #387
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Galadriel, did you actually dream Greenie as the cobbler or was her role just your guess after seeing her an innocent (=non-wolf)?
I dreamt her.

Quote:
And then I realised the markers in Sally's vote (we don't have that sign in Finnish keyboards so I can't reproduce them here)!
Lol, I also confused them with plusses at firts, and then I thought that it wasn't sally but Lottie who posted it, and then I saw Lottie's post and it all didn't make any sense. And then it did.

We don't have the divisin sign markings either on our keyboards. Sally known a trick I don't.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #388
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My keyboard doesn't have them either, but I have my ways.

Hmph. I'm going back to bed for a bit longer. Yawn.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #389
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
*sigh* Known cobbler, possibly the dullest WW role there is. Anyway, before I forget -

++ Gal

Won't be around much toDay either with a big exam tomorrow - but then again, I doubt you'll need me much. Wouldn't be around at DL to save the day anyway!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #390
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally. You are a lover, aren't you?
Oh goodness. Boro had assured me he would keep that a secret.

Hush on that, Nogrod. You'll make Shasta jealous, and Nilp would be beside himselves if he heard such things. (I don't even want to think about what Phantom would say.)

Also, you should use a definite article there.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 12-14-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #391
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Is it going to be Kitanna or Lottie toDay whom we vote? It would be very unfortunate if two of us crossposted different votes.

I'm probably going to vote in the evening when I get home (meaning 3-5 hours before the DL). Hope you Sally can outvote Lottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenobbler
*sigh* Known cobbler, possibly the dullest WW role there is.
Poor thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #392
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The Lover... *sounds convincing*
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #393
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

As much as I want to leave Kit alone in her cowardice (read, fake reveal), I'd rather have Lottie around toMorrow than Kit, so Kit it must be.

EDIT: x'd with Nog stroking my ego
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #394
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
As much as I want to leave Kit alone in her cowardice (read, fake reveal), I'd rather have Lottie around toMorrow than Kit, so Kit it must be.

EDIT: x'd with Nog stroking my ego
Good. I'm done anyway.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #395
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Good. I'm done anyway.
For the record, it's nothing personal. I just don't want another arms race toMorrow, and I know you'd be around for it. I don't know for sure about Pop.

Oooo, and now I have a parody in mind....
Old 12-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, heck no. I'm too lazy to do the whole thing, mostly because it would be stuck in my head for weeks. Thus, a simple excerpt from the real thing....

Hop, Pop! We like to hop.
We like to hop on top of Pop.
Stop! You must not hop on Pop!

....ToDay, that is.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #397
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm starting to take this game and the jokes seriously. So do me the favor and end it. I need to focus on the true stress of work, not the stress of an arms race. I have to be the big bad wolf in RL now.

I still believe in you Lottie! Make me proud!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #398
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

A voice beyond the grave

This is perhaps the first time I can remember something like this happening...it's got to be the most awkward circumstance.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #399
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Silmaril A proposal

Sorry, Boro, darling, it's not for you.

At the end of the Day, Mistress Lottie, you will be the only wolf left. Greenie is unlikely to be around at the DL toMorrow, which means Galadriel and I will easily control the vote.

I propose that you send in my name to Boro right after DL, ending the game toNight; I, of course, will do the same. Thus, I will fulfill the mechanical purpose of my gift, and you will end the game on your (technically, my, but no matter) terms, with dignity, with grace, with honor, and in a way that has only been done once before.

What say you, Wolflote?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #400
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
At the end of the Day, Mistress Lottie, you will be the only wolf left.
Not necessariliy, my dear scrumptious Cupcake. And of course I can't eat you before G55 and Nog - it's bad to eat your dessert before your main course!