The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #201
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Summary time

GUILTY
Nogrod. I'm really torn about him. It seems he's being all crazy only when he's talking with/about me - his "how about we lynch a submarine?" suggestion was good, and I find myself agreeing with his post #98 - but then he keeps misunderstanding me and continues his ridiculous cobbler campaign. Plus what Shasta & Nerwen mentioned about the holes in his argument.
sally. I dislike her vote for me yesterday ("Agan could do this as a baddie, ergo she is a baddie"), she just agreed on what others (mostly Volo) had said about me. Plus, I find this comment off:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Seems like there'll be a wagon banding together. Hope it's a good one!
It might be just me, but I'd think an innocent reaction to a day 1 bandwagon would be "Eep, I hope it's not a catastrophe," but sally seems like she doesn't care.
Volo. Again, I'm suspicious of him because he suspects me (but when you're innocent, you know everyone who attacks you is either wrong or evil). He was suspicious of Greenie and voted for me only (it seemed) because I found her innocent, and today he comes here with lots of reasons for my being suspicious, one of them that I was happy to talk about the cobblers. Plus I agree with Shasta on his absolutes.
Nerwen. For pushing the idea of my being the cobbler without giving reasons before I asked, and suspecting me for something I always do.
Shasta. I disagree with him on the whole "who could the wolves have attacked?" thing, and I think it's more in a baddie's than an innocent's interests to make us waste our time on it.

INNOCENT
Greenie. I also disagree with her on the importance of discussing who the wolves might have targeted (for now), but apart from that nothing has changed.
wilwa. I find myself agreeing with her and she looks generally innocent.
Pitch. See wilwa.
Loslote. I seem to disagree with her on everybody, but now that she's posted more, she actually looks quite innocent.

EITHER
Eomer. In the process of perfecting the art of saying as little as possible in as many words as possible (but he's amusing).
Form. Lots of philosophical rambling about himself.
Inzil. I simply can't read him. I should probably take a look at him at some point if I have time.
Kath. Evil, if nothing else for saying everybody's happy if I'm lynched. See Inzil.
EW. My gut feeling is he's innocent - he posts way too little to my liking, but he doesn't remind me of the EW wolf I played with a while ago. I don't mind if he's lynched though.

I'd prefer to vote for Nog, Volo or sally (I suspect Nog the most, but Volo and sally are quieter), but I could also go for someone in my Either category (not Inzil though before I've had a look at him, and I don't want to vote for Nerwen or Shasta either).

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-29-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: xed since Volo
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #202
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A quick interlude - looking at the clock I see I might not be able to produce the table in its entirety anyway.

After re-reading D1 I will not vote for Greenie (especially regarding the fact she can't be around toDay anymore).

Even if I still think Aganzir is the cobbler (sorry for my insistence, but I have my reasons), I would not like to vote her either toDay. She seems to be the powerhouse of suspecting people (after me, of course, or well, with me... ) so I think she's good to have around to notice things we might ignore. (Although I must say she was quick to defend a host of people as well, like the baddies wish to do to rub them the right way).

EDIT: X'd with A Gun
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #203
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*shoots Nog*

Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #204
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Narya

Day 2:

Shasta: I actually love him for his first comment. Assumption 1: The wolves went after someone they thought was the Seer. And suggested Nog for being sure about Agan, while questioning this as Agan went after Nog. Bit of a non-thought maybe? Says not only the BW would pose as the Seer, other roles may well do it too. Says Inzil is defending Nog. Well, technically yes, but I think more what he's doing is arguing that other people should be looked at as well. Now I don't like the way Shasta leaps on this comment of Inzil's, but nor do I much like these attempts to 'out' the Seer by either of them. Assumption 2: The wolves attacked someone who would leave no trace. Mentioned by others already and yeah fair point.

wilwa: Says the wolves went for the Barrow Wight. Suggests we look at quiet players or look for Seer hints. Prefers the former as the latter will be harder. Given that there was no kill so there are no 'safe' players to look for Seer hints in I do think that the latter would also be a bit more dangerous for the Seer. Interesting idea of something to do with Shasta's throwaway comment. Good point that actually the BW isn't going to know anything really. Say Nog was the Ranger and the BW stunned him, unless it's made explicit in the narration that the Ranger's role was affected, the BW isn't going to be able to deduce that the Ranger must be Nog.

Nog: I'm ... not quite sure what he was arguing here. Seems to be saying that Shasta was totally wrong to suggest he might be Seer ... but that actually Shasta wasn't saying that, but rather that he (Nog) was the BW pretending to be the Seer so the Seer would waste a dream on him. Is that right? I got lost in this. Says it is in the opposite interests of the BW to attract Seer attention. Pushes the quiet players = evil theory as per usual! About half a Day after everyone else this time. I'm hating this 'code' - I can't remember what any of the letters stand for. Won't vote Greenie as she can't be here. Won't vote Agan because though he thinks she's a Cobbler he thinks she gets good discussion going. To be honest, if you think someone is evil I'd say go after them, but I suppose it's good reasoning.

Inzil: Don't get it. Why bring a comment on Volo in to suggest Nog was the Seer when the comment had no 'certainty' to it. Throws Eomer in as a possible Seer candidate for being 'certain' about Agan - fair point actually. Says that Glirdan voting wilwa means he didn't think her a wolf - I actually wouldn't bet on that. Where I argue with Inzil is the idea that Shasta was 'pushing' Nog as a suggestion. Actually, Shasta's suggestions about Nog were within the same post and then any other discussion was in answer to other people's comments on that post. So I wouldn't have said he was 'pushing' the idea. "Oh, I think potential Seers are a priority for wolves, certainly. But Shasta zeroing in on Nog the way he did to the apparent exclusion of all else is what struck me. " This I feel is inflammatory and unfair.

Lottie: Thinks quieter people or early voters would be more likely Night kills, suggesting Eomer, Form and Elfie (I like that shortening!). Well fair point. Says Eomer might be the BW but that we should leave the BW up to TB. In these early days it is more important to go wolf hunting, but as Shasta says talking about the BW does give TB more information to go on. Thinks Nog and Shasta innocent, thinks Eomer is the BW, thinks wilwa and Inzil are ok and is tempted to vote for Elfie for being quiet or Pitch after yesterDay. Votes Elfie because Pitch hasn't spoken - I like that, giving someone a chance to defend themselves.

Nerwen: Says if Nog were the Wight then Agan would be a cobbler not a wolf anyway. Um, why? Says Eomer doesn't count as a no-trace kill. I'm glad she was as confused by Nog as I was. Votes Agan for overplaying the Cobbler thing, being overly defensive and going after the BW too much.

Elfie: Just one post? Says Lottie seems ok and votes Eomer because he (?) has no idea what he might be. Erm, right, odd. And says Volo seems ok on further consideration. Really strange little post this.

Eomer: Says let TB go after Nog toNight and ignore him from now on. Yeah why not?

Greenie: Doesn't trust people who don't make an effort with their vote, for example Form and Eomer. "Other than that, I'm quite at a loss with why Nog calling Agan a cobbler makes it probable Aganwolf and her pack would think him the Seer who had dreamed her." I love this comment because I think this is the crux of the argument and is where I'm totally lost.

Volo: Thinks Nog might be a wolf because he's tense, but thinks if he were a wolf then he'd be hiding this better. Doesn't think he's the BW. Thinks Agan suspicious for putting forth a way to out the BW which would take attention away from the lynch itself. Well it's a fair reason. Thinks Shasta innocent. Interesting idea that the BW may take against the innocents if outed that way. Thinks Greenie and wilwa look ok, not sure on anyone else. Will likely vote a quiet player.

Form: Nothing in that post except complaints. And a second one!

wilwa: I'm reading these posts having seen Shasta explain that he wasn't only focusing on Nog, he just hadn't had a chance to get further. I don't know whether, had I not seen this already, I'd have read the argument in the same way as wilwa - who says Shasta seemed to think only Nog was a possibility. That said, I still agree that we need to be careful when talking about possible Seers.

Agan - ah, I've realised I've been skimming Agan's posts and not commenting. Well I probably commented on most of what she said when talking about other people. Anyway. Finds Nog, sally, Volo, Nerwen and Shasta guilty. Finds Greenie, wilwa, Pitch and Lottie innocent. Likely to vote Nog, Volo or sally. She has reasoning for everyone, and based on how many discussions and arguments she's been involved in with most of the people named it is pretty extensive.

Votes:
Nerwen - Agan

By the way - Volo made a Freudian slip? What was that?

Oh and Pitch. I didn't mean to offend with my appalling lack of memory. Our dear mod has to give me daily reminders that the game is going on just so I remember to turn up so please don't think it's just you!

Ah and it was Pitch not Nerwen who had that argument with Agan about the rules. Which is funny given this later comment by Pitch: Right. I just checked the rules to find that the Seer, in this game, can actually find out the Cobbler.

Right, posting this then I'll think about a vote.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #205
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen about Nog replying to Shasta
That's just plain weird, coming from a veteran like Nogrod, who knows perfectly well that there's a long history of other roles impersonating the Seer. He's arguing for the improbability of something that happens all the time. (Yes, I know Shasta has already drawn attention to this, but really, I think it needs more.)
No, Nog makes perfect sense here. Impersonating the Seer is usually a quick way to die. Innocents do it in order to be killed instead of the real Seer. But somebody whose winning condition is to be the sole survivor? Not a chance in hell IMO.
Shasta used the same argument, which is just completely wrong. Now this makes me really wonder about the two of you...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #206
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Leaning guilty:
Shasta - I think it's great that he's around with ideas and I do think his words have been taken out of context a lot. That said, I think he focuses on the Seer too much and could potentially be a Cobbler taking attention away from the wolves.

Nog - Confusing and rude in tone to Agan.

Inzil - Well maybe being in the middle of the argument alters your view but as I said I thought some of his comments were inflammatory and unfair.

Elfie: Didn't like that single post. Unlikely to vote her because she said she won't be back.

Volo - Is going to be in deep trouble if his style keeps getting him on to this side of the lists. Because that's why he's here - what he's actually said seems ok, but there's something running the wrong way there.

Leaning innocent:
Lottie - Think she's ok.
Eomer.
Greenie.

No idea:
Nerwen
wilwa
Form - and I'm oh so tempted to vote him so the hardship of being here is removed for him.
Agan - there's almost too much surrounding her to be able to decide what to do there. I'm still half inclined to suggest lynching her and be done with it!

Haha I accidentally wrote about wilwa twice! In the first section I conclude she's pretty innocent, in the section I get rather suspicious! I've put her in no idea as a result.

Back in a minute with a vote. Want to check any cross posts first.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #207
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Actually, this comment would be very convenient for Eomer of the Wights:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Interesting theory on Nogrod. Probably worth checking out; all this means is that we let Tom go after him tonight and see what happens. Until then, ignore Nogrod. Agreed?
Because however suspicious Nog might be, I have a hard time seeing him post comments that can be interpreted seerish (I'm mainly speaking about his being certain I'm the cobbler) and thus luring the wolves, or ruffling so many feathers (yes, I have lots of them ) if his primary goal was to survive.

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-29-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: xed with Pitch & Kath
Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #208
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So a few quickly now... and then some comments.

Inzil: b b/m b b b m m m m d/s d2/ns2 d/s (for Glirdan's random vote)

Lottie: b b sd/m m m sd/d3/ns2 m s/d d (to keep Glirdy alive)

Volo: b/m m b m m s2 s ns ("Won't. Vote. Randomly. So. Die. Please.")

The rest I think earn their game.

NB.

Pitchie defends a lot of people and suspects only selected few - it makes me worried still, but he seems to talk and argue... which is the point of the game anyway.

Wilwa is very much careful - actually not suspecting anyone (except Glirdy-cobbler who voted for her) on D1 but defending two people.

Keep in mind my hunches from yesterDay and toDay here on the later Days. But for now I think it's futile to try and lynch someone who could be of a great help if innocent.

Oh, Shasta... I'm wondering why it is okay to say I'm aggressive but none says it of him...

Hard to say about him... At times he looks pretty bad, but when there is this beginning wagon against him I feel like defending him. My feelings would say more guilty than not, I'm not sure about my reason... there are arguments for (his insistence on the theory of me being the BW which is ridiculous but he can't admit he's wrong - he says his "theory" still holds when it doesn't) and against (he stands up against what looks like the majority view which is easily led by ipressive talkers, and he suspects people like a good ordo should).

EDIT: X'd from my death scene, Agan shooting me...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #209
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
So... somewhere since mid-afternoon, I lost an hour somewhere. This is mostly outside people's interest, except insofar as it means I thought I had more like an hour and a half till the deadline than a mere half hour... and it also means that I need to be moving along to greener scenes of interest.

Ergo, I should vote now.

Personally, I like Nog's reasoning vis-a-vis Agan being a Cobbler, but she's much too hot a topic toDay for me to vote for on that reason alone. Without studying it to the extent that it deserves, I don't want to be swept up in something with such highly volatile bandwaggon potential.

Who does that leave?

Unfortunately, not really anyone... except maybe Nog himself, if his theory's wrong, but of course there's no way to know that without lynching Agan.

My vote then is going to be essentially a throw-away, and I accept full association with the scorn that will be heaped upon me in Day 3 (if I survive that long). In the interests of economy, we'll stick with yesterday's vote then...

++ wilwarin

Who actually DOES feel slightly more "off" toDay to me, but not in any sort of way that I'm actually going to be able to pin down.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #210
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Argh I missed Pitch off - I'm seriously going to be hated soon. If it's any consolation the last post made me think you innocent.

So, vote:

++FORM
I'm going on principles. Don't want to play? Feel free to leave.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #211
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

*sigh* And of course my vote cross posts with Form. Oh well.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
No, Nog makes perfect sense here. Impersonating the Seer is usually a quick way to die. Innocents do it in order to be killed instead of the real Seer. But somebody whose winning condition is to be the sole survivor? Not a chance in hell IMO.
Shasta used the same argument, which is just completely wrong. Now this makes me really wonder about the two of you...
Exactly. Nice to see someone at last understands what I'm saying...

Compare to this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Nog: I'm ... not quite sure what he was arguing here. Seems to be saying that Shasta was totally wrong to suggest he might be Seer ... but that actually Shasta wasn't saying that, but rather that he (Nog) was the BW pretending to be the Seer so the Seer would waste a dream on him. Is that right? I got lost in this.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #213
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Some thoughts on a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
As said before, I don't think Agan should die toDay, so if I'm to cast a useful vote, it needs to be either Glirdan-ward or Wilwa-ward. Of the two, I've found Glirdan more entertaining toDay, and Wilwa slightly more useful...

But it's Day 1, and slightness is slight... so...

++ Wilwarin
I'm confused as to why entertaining is a better trait then useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Right, well. To be honest none of them seem desperately suspicious! I'd be more tempted to go for wilwa because to be honest I can't see the reasoning behind Glirdan being suspicious. He's doing stream-of-consciousness posting but it doesn't seem particularly guilt-ridden.

So:

++WILWA
This is silly. I gave a great reason (that his vote was unnecessarily random, and that he seemed very jumpy and all over the place, and mentioned some crazy thing about Cobblers that made no sense, I even stated that it made him look like a cobbler...and was clearly spot on).

I have this strange fear that Form, Kath and Eomer are wolves together, and they are all being quiet and distant and pretending to want to kill each other, just cause they know how awesome they are and that we won't want to kill them right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
That's just plain weird, coming from a veteran like Nogrod, who knows perfectly well that there's a long history of other roles impersonating the Seer. He's arguing for the improbability of something that happens all the time. (Yes, I know Shasta has already drawn attention to this, but really, I think it needs more.)
Must have missed this earlier. He was not saying that it's improbable for anyone to pretend to be the Seer, he's saying it's improbable for the BW to pretend to be the Seer, since the Seer would then check them out and reveal them, or the Wolves would try and kill him and figure him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Another argument against trying to kill Nog on Night2 is that it can be regarded unsporty.
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this part yet, but I don't understand how killing Nog would be unsporty.

So at this moment I don't like Form, Eomer or Kath, because they have odd reasons for voting people and they seem very blaze about everything. I'm tempted to just let them be for a while, but I would kinda also like to see one of them go (Form foremost, then Eomer, then Kath, since she just posted quite a bit).

Volo....uhm, I don't like his logic. He just doesn't make sense to me, and seems to post really long things that don't really say anything helpful, and I think a few people have brought up things he's said that didn't make sense, and I don't remember seeing him explain too many of them. I would be willing to vote him.

I'm tempted to vote Shasta, but I think right now it's just a case of me not agreeing with him, so I probably won't. I feel very good about Inzil and Lottie, and fairly good about Pitch, Agan and Noggins. Neutral about everyone else.

Wow...that's so lame. I really thought I was more suspicious of people then that.

x'ed since Form....really? *sigh*

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-29-2010 at 03:43 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #214
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A tally, anyone? I'm off for a cigarette to gather my thoughts.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #215
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I believe so far vote are...

Elf Warrior - Eomer
Nerwen - Agan
Lottie - Elf Warrior
Form - wilwa
Kath - Form

Editted to correct the actual vote count

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-29-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #216
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I'd prefer to vote for Nog, Volo or sally (I suspect Nog the most, but Volo and sally are quieter), but I could also go for someone in my Either category (not Inzil though before I've had a look at him, and I don't want to vote for Nerwen or Shasta either).
You don't want to vote for my dear one or I, and yet you find us both guilty? How interesting.

Re - Inzil: I didn't have... oh, what's the use. I'm not arguing this with you any more.

Quote:
Where I argue with Inzil is the idea that Shasta was 'pushing' Nog as a suggestion. Actually, Shasta's suggestions about Nog were within the same post and then any other discussion was in answer to other people's comments on that post.
Kath, have I told you lately that I love you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Yes, they do, but in the BW's case, they (obviously) cannot be killed by the wolves, so there's no real danger there, is there?

Quote:
Shasta - I think it's great that he's around with ideas and I do think his words have been taken out of context a lot. That said, I think he focuses on the Seer too much and could potentially be a Cobbler taking attention away from the wolves.
Iwasn'tfocusingontheSeerIwasmakinganassumptionthat hasbeenblownentirelyoutofproportion... bah, you know what, forget it, rehashing the same argument over and over and over is getting redundantly stupid. Moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
(his insistence on the theory of me being the BW which is ridiculous but he can't admit he's wrong - he says his "theory" still holds when it doesn't)
Nerwen, Kath, and Pitch all seem to not think it's entirely 'ridiculous'. So...

Quote:
She's absolutely right. Form, really...?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: X'ed with Wilwa, Nogrod, and Boro
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #217
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kath, if it's any consolation, I won't start hating you any time soon even though you've threatened to lynch me because you make me laugh. A lot.

At the moment it's
EW - Eomer
Nerwen - Agan
Lottie - EW
Form - wilwa
Kath - Form

Left: Agan, Eomer, Greenie, Inzil, Nog, Pitch, sally, Shasta, Volo, wilwa

I'm currently inclined to vote for Volo, at least if there's no support for a sally lynch. Eomer is an option too.

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-29-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: xed with Shasta
Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #218
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Must have missed this earlier. He was not saying that it's improbable for anyone to pretend to be the Seer, he's saying it's improbable for the BW to pretend to be the Seer, since the Seer would then check them out and reveal them, or the Wolves would try and kill him and figure him out.
I honestly don't see why it's so improbable. The main danger (that the wolves will go after people that look Seerish) is negated since the wolves can't kill the BW, and the other danger (that the Seer will dream people who look Seerish) - just how likely is that, considering that ordos do it all the time? I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think it's much more likely the Seer will dream those s/he suspects of Wolvery in general.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: X'ed with Agan
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #219
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Looking at my first set of people I'd say...

Eomer is non-involved but makes sense (not his vote on D1 though - but it suits the way of playing I don't personally like)

TEW seems like not interested / being busy.

Form looks genuine - even if, and becasue, he has other more pressing things in mind.

Kath, Sally and Nerwen all ring different alarm-bells... I'd be surprised if there wasn't a wolf among them - but I'd be surprised if there were two or three...

From the next list...

Inzil, Volo and Lottie... any one of them could be a wolf. A careful one, an odd one and another careful one. I'd bet once again there's one there...

(Heh, I see this is way too easy... take three and say one of them probably is a baddie... not good. )

Time is running... sorry.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #220
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I could vote for Volo, but I'd much rather vote for Inzil. And I won't vote Sally on account of she's been sick. I'm currently neutral on Eomer but am inclined to see if he steps it up tomorrow (last chance, Eomer!)

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: X'ed with Nog.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Yes, they do, but in the BW's case, they (obviously) cannot be killed by the wolves, so there's no real danger there, is there?
Impersonating the seer will draw the attention of the seer. It's the best way to do it - if that is what you want... SO for a BW that would be the worst scenario...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #222
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been scanning the thread for the past half hour or so, trying to make up my mind.

I'm not impressed at all with Eomer, but I don't like TEW's vote for him either.

Volo still pings the radar.

Shasta is either evil or insane. Or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
So, vote:

++FORM
Cold, that! I could possibly vote for Form, though. His votes have been odd both Days, and he's been around so little.

x/d with all since #214
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #223
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

I'm seriously tempted to vote for Form. He thinks Agan could be the Cobbler but instead does a throw away? And he doesn't seem to really care all too much. (I know he said he would care more as a wolf, but I'm not inclined to take his word on that).

But.....I don't think I will. I want too, I'll admit partly out of spite (if someone votes me for finding me suspicious I'll get over it, but voting me on random is annoying and I don't like it), but something about it seems almost...too obvious? If that makes sense.

Gah. I'm going to go with:

++Volo

I definitely want to go for a quieter person, and he seems like one of those loud quiet people, ya know the ones that say a lot without actually saying much, and what he does say doesn't make a lot of sense.

x'ed with a bunches
Old 10-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #224
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
At the moment it's
EW - Eomer
Nerwen - Agan
Lottie - EW
Form - wilwa
Kath - Form
Of these, Agan probably looks the worst, but only because there are two on that list (Eomer and EW) who haven't really looked like anything. I'm not at all inclined to vote Wilwa, could join Kath in voting Form on principle... not sure I want to vote EW on the basis of one post... bah. I want to vote for Inzil but it's really too late in the day to make it a six-way tie.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: X'ed with Nog, Inzil, and Wilwa
Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #225
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++Volo

As opposed to Nog & sally, there seems to be a chance to lynch him. I feel semi-bad doing this because he hasn't played in a long time, but if he's innocent, he can only blame himself for being so weird.

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-29-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: xed with wilwa & Shasta
Old 10-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #226
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Impersonating the seer will draw the attention of the seer. It's the best way to do it - if that is what you want... SO for a BW that would be the worst scenario...
Well, the only thing I can say about this is that this is your opinion (and that's all) and that I'm obviously not going to sway you from it, so let's just drop the subject. We obviously disagree and that's fine, but much more and I'm going to get angry with you.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: X'ed with Agan
Old 10-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #227
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, a post by Kath, a list, and even a vote! I'm impressed (and not offended btw). As for the vote, I could even get behind that.
And a post and a vote from Form, with actually some few opinions. Wow. As for the vote, I strongly disagree.

DL soon, right? And I'm feeling fine, in doubt or flipflopping about most of the more vocal players. Garrrh.

I think I'll go with
++Eomer

He hasn't come back and delivered the more reasoned vote he promised us, and it looks like he's not going to, and he could well be a quiet wolf or Wight, and I'd rather be able to stop wondering what the heck he's up to.

PS. - Shasta, your reply to me re Nog - you're right there, I'll have to think this over again.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Of trhose voted I'd prefer Volo (he's being acting strange) or if new ones would be considered, I'd say Sally...

X'd with Pitchie
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #229
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

EW - Eomer
Nerwen - Agan
Lottie - EW
Form - wilwa
Kath - Form
wilwa - Volo
Agan - Volo 2
Pitch - Eomer 2

Left: Eomer, Greenie, Inzil, Nog, sally, Shasta, Volo
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #230
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Volo
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #231
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ok, I see where this is leading. Don't vote for me. I'm the Ranger. wilwa is not the BW.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #232
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Got to be...

++Volo, then.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: X'ed with Volo... crap.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #233
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Eomer makes more sense than Volo...

++ Volo

X'd from my earlier post...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #234
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Ok, I see where this is leading. Don't vote for me. I'm the Ranger. wilwa is not the BW.
Blast! Where were you!?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #235
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh, lovely.

Three more votes for Eomer, then? Maybe?

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-29-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: X'ed with Nog and Inzil.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #236
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Snap.

Well, I'm inclined to believe him, since his last statement is in fact correct.

So I would say no one else should vote for him.

x'ed since Shasta's vote...so much for that
Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #237
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
++Eomer
Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #238
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Hurry! Who's left?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #239
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What!!!!

Back... anyone?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #240
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Greenie isn't here, it's too late. If Volo and sally vote for Eomer, there's still a chance - and Eomer if you're here, you had better vote yourself!

I'm sorry Volo.