The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #201
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

Janitor to Frodo to hands to Mirkwood

Janitors are people who clean up messes, and Frodo was a mess when he made it to Rivendell, where the healing hands of elrond, the janitor, healed him, and elronds hands were not close to mirkwood, as it is miles away.

jupiter to Eru to hot glue guns to a sweater
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #202
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

jupiter is a planet. Planets are round. The moon is round. Moon in elvish = isil. Elves created the elvish language. Eru created elves. Elves are very pretty. Legolas is a very pretty elf. I like Legolas. I have a glue gun. It is hot and sparkly and prettyy and I use it to burn annoying siblings!!! (Sorry, lost control, there...) My siblings have aposlutly NO fashion sense. I have seen my sister in a pair of shorts and a jumper. A jumper is another world for a sweater.

I like these!

The amzing singing orc to a ballet teacher to one of the trees of the valar (I can't remeber their proper name...)
Old 06-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #203
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The amazing singing orc sings. Singing can be accompanied by dancing. Ballet is a form of dance, and is taught by ballet teachers. Ballet teachers,if elvish, would lilta, which is elvish for dance (or 'to dance', I don't know). Lilta begins with an l, as does Laurelin, which is one of the trees of the valar.

Puppet shows to Eriador to strawberries to Mardil.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:23 AM   #204
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Puppet shows to Eriador to strawberries to Mardil

Puppet shows feature puppets, puppets begins with pup, pups are ickle doggys, Huan was a dog, Huan lived in Middle Earth, Eriador was in Middle Earth, Eriador no longer exists, dinosaurs no longer exist, dinosaurs were around before grass, grass is a plant, strawberries grow on plants, strawberries are red, blood is red, When you stab somebody you see blood, If you stab somebody you go to jail, in jail you're fed bread and water, water is in the sea, Mar is Spanish for sea and Dil (or Ndil) Quenya for friend, Mardil is a seafriend.

I think I did well considering I didn't know who/what Mardil was.

Phenylalanine to 5jkl to Ar-Pharazon to a Sub Woofer.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #205
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Come on. It's not that hard. Phenylalanine is the thing is drinks, and 5jkl is a random sequence and a sub woofer is a type of speaker. Come on!!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:31 AM   #206
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Shield

Phenylalanine to 5jkl to Ar-Pharazon to a Sub Woofer.

Phenylalanine is some random thing that guy said, 5jkl is a random sequence. Ar-Pharazon's Quenya form of his name was Tar-Calion, which has the letter 'L' it in. 5jkl also has the letter 'L' in it. When Ar-Pharazon spoke, he was making noise. Sub woofers make noise.

The Barrow-wight to a rabid kitten to a watermelon to Lurtz
Old 07-22-2003, 11:42 AM   #207
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

The Barrow-wight to a rabid kitten to a watermelon to Lurtz

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] this is going to be fun...

The barrow-wight created this site, this site is my favorite site on the 'Net, the 'Net (according to my best friend Zel Ladrona) is evil because computers are going to take over the world someday, Sauron tried to take over the world, he didn't succeed, I did not succeed in getting into A House Divided (I'm not bitter, btw), A House Divided is an RPG on the Downs, RPGs are fun, fun is good, a rabid kitten would not be good, a rabid kitten would need to be shot, PJ should be shot, PJ made the movies of LotR, the movies of LotR are okay but not the best, watermelon is okay but not the best food in the world, the best food in the world is chocolate, chocolate is brown, mud is brown, Lurtz came out of mud.

Huh, only 7 lines. Must be losing my touch.

A computer keyboard to a harpsichord to spaghetti to Ulmo (the Vala, not the mod)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:06 PM   #208
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

This seems... interesting, to say the least.

A computer keyboard to a harpsichord to spaghetti to Ulmo (the Vala, not the mod)

I am using a computer keyboard. I am in a choir. Choirs make music. Harpsichords make music. If you were blind, you might think that a harpsichord looks remotely like a worm. If you were pretending to be blind, you'd be a liar. Saruman is a liar, though I don't know if he's ever pretended to be blind. Saruman wears a rainbow bathrobe / Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. His rainbow bathrobe / Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat is many colours, probably including that of spaghetti. When you are cooking spaghetti, you generally boil it in water. Water comes from the ocean. Ulmo controls the ocean.

Next one:

An hourglass to 525,600 leggyboppers to an evil inchworm to The Saucepan Man
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #209
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

An hourglass to 525,600 leggyboppers to an evil inchworm to The Saucepan Man

An hourglass has lots of sand in it. An hourglass might have 525,600 grains of sand in it- the same number of leggyboppers. Leggybopppers are evil, evil inchworms are also evil. Evil inchworms would have to be watched to make sure they don't take over the world. Someone who watched an evil inchworm could be called a moderator. The Saucepan Man is a moderator here.

Jell-o to Tar-Palantir to a duck to Orthanc to something green and sticky.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:19 PM   #210
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Sting

Quote:
Jell-o to Tar-Palantir to a duck to Orthanc to something green and sticky.
Jell-o is transparent, just like good-quality crystal. A crystal ball can be used to see far places and future events. Palantirs were used to see such places and events. Palantir meant "he who looks afar", and it is what Tar-Palantir named himself after. There were probably gulls in one of the Bays of Numenor (such as the Bay of Eldanna), and gulls were birds just like ducks. An eagle is also a bird and an eagle rescued Gandalf from the Tower of Orthanc. Saruman dwelt in Orthanc and Gríma Wormtongue was a spy of his. Wormtongue was said to be slimy like a worm, which lives in the earth. A worm is an insect, like a slug. A slug leaves a slime trail which is green and sticky.

EDIT: Almost forgot to give you one...okay:

A daffodil to Idril to a bell to Eol to a cloud

And I thought of connections as I went along for this one, so it is nowhere impossible.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 07-23-2003, 04:23 AM   #211
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

A daffodil to Idril to a bell to Eol to a cloud

Daffoldis are yellow. The sun is yellow. The sun was said to shine brightly in Gondolin. Idril lived in Gondolin. Idril was named "the silverfoot". Bells can be made of silver (but not feet). Bells ring. Telephones ring. Telephones are modern. Eol was not modern, he hated new things. Eol hated the Sun. The sun is high up. The sun is higher than the clouds.

I think we may wanna put a limit as to how many of the things we put should be related to LotR. Shall we say 1 in 4, but 2 in 5? I think that sounds good.

The Hildi to www.thisistravel.com to "Hey there" to Balbo (not Bilbo) Baggins to Roo juice

My, I'm mean.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #212
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Hildi to www.thisistravel.com to "Hey there" to Balbo (not Bilbo) Baggins to Roo juice.
Never heard of Balbo, Roo juice, or Hildi, so this will be a challenge.

Hildi has an 'i' in it, so does www.thisistravel.com. When you travel you meet people, when you meet people you say "Hey there." Someone might have said something along the lines of "Hey there" to Balbo Baggins in his life. Balbo Baggins probably had a lot of drinks in his life, and Roo juice (I'm assuming) is a drink.
Ta-dah!

Fruit of the Loom to instant coffee to Gwaihir to Horse-Maiden of the Shire.
Have fun with that one...
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:55 AM   #213
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
Never heard of Balbo, Roo juice, or Hildi, so this will be a challenge.
Balbo - Bilbo's great grandad, Frodo's great great grandad, and Merry and Pippin's great great great grandad. Lots to work from.

Roo juice - A disney juice drink. Roo is the kangaroo in Winnie the Pooh.

The Hildi - The followers, a name given to men by the elves.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:07 PM   #214
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Fruit of the Loom to instant coffee to Gwaihir to Horse-Maiden of the Shire:

FOTL is underwear, humans wear underwear, humans drink instant coffee, humans cannot fly, eagles can fly, Gwaihir is an eagle, Gwaihir is from middle-earth, the Barrow Downs (website) is about middle earth, Horse-Maiden of the Shire posts on the Barrow Downs.

Next....

Downie Awards to Thangorodrim to One pair of pants to rule them all to Prince Imrihil.
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #215
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Downie Awards to Thangorodrim to One pair of pants to rule them all to Prince Imrihil.

The Downie awards are an award, Oscars are awards, Oscar is the name of a character on Sesame St, Sesame St is a show for young children, young children are all over the place in my house, my house is blue, my sister's favorite color is blue, my sister is older than I am, the word Thangorodrim is older than I am, the word Thangorodrim has an 'o' in it, 'O' is round, the world is round, the world is going to blow up someday because we humans are going to have a bunch of nuclear wars, nuclear wars are bad, puns are sometimes bad, there are a lot of puns in parodies, one pair of pants to rule them all is a parody, one pair of pants to rule them all is not my favorite parody (this includes a parody of anything), my favorite parody is "the Jedi Hunter" which makes fun of the Crocodile Hunter (anyone else think he should be shot?), the Crocodile Hunter is annoying, my little brother is annoying, my little brother is behind me, Prince Imrahil rode behind Aragorn.

Mordor to tigers to Free Willy to Elves
Old 07-26-2003, 07:36 PM   #216
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
...anyone else think he should be shot?
I do! Anyway, back on topic:

Mordor to tigers to Free Willy to Elves

Mordor is dark, dark can be good, anti-light can mean the same thing as dark, so can insufficient light, insufficient light is what happens when I am on the computer at night and don't turn on the lamp, I am on the computer at night right now, I do have the lamp on, though, lamps have lightbulbs in them, lightbulbs contain fillaments, fillaments are made of wire, wire is made of metal, metal is used to make swords, swords are awesome weapons, Aragorn has a sword, it's name is Anduril, swords that ave names are btter than swords that don't, swords are mentioned in poems, tigers are also mentioned in poems, students are forced to write poems in English class, forcing people to do things is not good, school attendance is forced, therefore school is not good, if school is not good then why do we go, people go to school in the winter, in some parts of the world it is cold in the winter, it is not cold in the winter in Texas, Texas almost never gets snow, it snows during the winter in some places, snow is frozen, water freezes too, the sea can freeze way up north, Free Willy lives in the sea, Free Willy is a whale with a weird name, weird names can be good, this one is not, names are given by your parents, your parents could name you "Myrtle" if they wanted to, Myrtle is a hobbit name, hobbits are cool, the coolest of them all is Sam Gamgee, Sam married Rosie Cotton, their daughter's name was Elanor, elanor is a flower that is golden, elanor grows in Lothlorien on Cerin Amroth, Cerin Amroth is a hill with trees on it, trees are awesome, ents are not trees, ents are shepherds of trees, ents are old, Cirdan is old, Cirdan has a beard, this is weird because most elves don't have beards, Cirdan's beard is silver, silver is the color of the stars, elves love stars.

(Was using the word "elves" twice cheating?)

I got twenty lines! Hahahah! Now all I have to do is beat the record! (What is the record by the way, was it twenty?)

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #217
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Um...Luthien, you forgot to put the next one.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:37 PM   #218
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Thanks, Leowen, for reminding me... I seem to have been in a world of my own... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Luthien to chocolate chip cookies to vacuum cleaners to Scotland to the Pillars of the Argonath

Well, that should afford a long one. A very long one indeed.

Old 07-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #219
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Luthien to chocolate chip cookies to vacuum cleaners to Scotland to the Pillars of the Argonath

Luthien likes Beren, I like chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies leave crumbs, vacuum cleaners suck up crumbs, vacuum cleaners can be made in Scotland, I want to go to Scotland someday, I would rather go to Middle-Earth, the Pillars of the Argonath are in Middle-Earth.

I'm not even going to try to beat 20 lines.

Next one:
Colored pencils to Aragorn to fingernails to The One Ring to a birthday party
Old 07-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #220
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Colored pencils to Aragorn to fingernails to The One Ring to a birthday party

Colored pencils are made of wood, parts of the Prancing Pony are made of wood. The Prancing Pony is where Aragorn met the hobbits. Aragorn has fingernails. The One Ring goes on your finger, which is where your fingernails are located. Bilbo also has fingernails, and he used the One Ring at his birthday party.

Pineapples to Orthanc to roadkill to Snowmane to kilts to Eru

Have fun with that one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #221
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Pineapples to Orthanc to roadkill to Snowmane to kilts to Eru

Pineapples are fruit, bananas are fruit, bananas are yellow, yellow is a color, colors are everywhere, people watching you are everywhere, people watching you might not be good guys, Grima wasn't a good guy, Theoden was a good guy, so was Treebeard, Treebeard was an Ent, Ents are tall, I am tall, tall is cool, cool is a temperature as well as a state of being, temperature refers to how hot or cold an area is, hot and cold are opposites, boys and g.irls are opposites, boys and g.irls are afraid of each other when they're the age of some of my sibs, my sibs are younger than I am, I am younger than Treebeard, Treebeard lived in Fangorn, Fangorn is a forest, Saruman didn't like forests, Saruman lived in Orthanc, Orthanc is a tower, towers are sometimes made of stone, stone is hard, wood is hard, wood comes from trees, trees are sometimes grey, Gandalf was called the Grey (before he died), Gandalf was a wizard, Harry Potter is NOT a wizard, Harry Potter is not very smart, I am not very smart because if Meela reads this thread she will shoot me, Meela loves Denethor, Denethor liked fire, fire is red, red is a color, colors are everywhere, people watching you are everywhere, people watching you might not be good guys, good guys don't watch people they don't know (unless they're police, then it's their job to watch people), people who watch people they don't know are therefore bad, bad is not good, Saruman is not good, Saruman is called the White (before Gandalf becomes the White and breaks Saruman's staff), Gandalf is also called the White (but after he dies), Gandalf fell off a bridge, bridges have roads on them, cars drive on roads, cars run over skwerls, skwerls that get run over are roadkill, a guy I know has hair that looks like roadkill, the guy I know is a jerk, jerks are annoying, Harry Potter is annoying, so is Luke Skywalker, Luke Skywalker is a whiner, whiners are annoying, my brother is annoying, my brother is younger than I am, I am younger than Gandalf, Gandalf is a Maia, Maiar are like angels, angels are scary (if you don't believe me, check out all the references to when they appear to humans. They always say "fear not" before anything else), I think that the movie Jaws is scary, the movie Jaws is my three-year-old sister's favorite movie, my best friend says that my three-year-old sister reminds her of Alia from Dune, Dune is a book, I have not read Dune, I have read Farenheit 451, Farenheit 451 is a good book, the Silmarillion is a good book, the Silmarillion takes place before LotR, LotR is a trilogy, trilogies are sets of three, there are three Elven Rings of Power, one of those rings is held by Galadriel, Galadriel doesn't appear for very long in RotK, Theoden dies in RotK, Theoden's horse was named Snowmane, the word 'snow' is in the name Snowmane, snow is cold, cold is good (I like it anyway), books are good, books are for reading, reading is what smart people do instead of watching TV, TV melts your brain, your brain is in your head, you wear hats on your head, hats can be plaid, kilts are usually plaid, kilts look like skirts, skirts are what g.irls wear (at least, if you wear skirts, I would hope that you're a g.irl), g.irls are prettier than boys, boys are usually stronger than g.irls, stronger people aren't always smarter people, I'm smart, I have too much time on my hands, time is a precious commodity, diamonds are a precious commodity, Diamond was the name of a hobbit, hobbits are short, short people are cool, cool is good, Eru is good.

Houses to the way clouds make pictures to Mearas to dogs to Legolas

Well, Luthien, the record was 20 (set by yours truly) but now it's 32. Also set by yours truly. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-27-2003, 11:43 PM   #222
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Houses have insides. Inside houses are walls. People hang pictures on the walls. Cameras make the pictures. The wind makes pictures, too. It makes them out of clouds. Clouds are white. Shadowfax is white. Shadowfax was a Mearas. Mearas are mammals. Dogs are mammals, too. Wargs are a type of dog. Legolas shot wargs on the way to Moria.

Aragorn to tree roots to Gandalf to Shadowfax to white knickers

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bombadil ]
Old 07-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #223
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

What about giving us another topic, Lily?
Old 07-27-2003, 11:47 PM   #224
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sorry, Tinuviel! Just edited my post & put one in!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:17 PM   #225
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aragorn to tree roots to Gandalf to Shadowfax to white knickers

Aragorn, as a ranger, often has twigs in his hair. Twigs fall off trees, trees are connected to tree roots. There are tree roots in Fangorn. Gandalf appeared in Fangorn in TTT. Gandalf rode Shadowfax, who is white, as are white knickers.

Dried paint to a Silmaril to candy to Goldberry to self raising flour.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:15 AM   #226
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Dried paint to a Silmaril to candy to Goldberry to self raising flour.

Dried paint is not wet, wet paint is sticky, soda is sticky when it spills, if you spill soda often you are clumsy, elves are not clumsy, the Silmarils were made by an elf, the Silmarils were pretty, butterflies are pretty, butterflys fly, birds fly, birds have feathers, if you are tickled on the nose with a feather you might sneeze, trying to hold in a sneeze hurts, a stomachache hurts, if you eat too much candy you might get a stomachache, candy is sweet, fruit can be sweet, berries are fruits, Goldberry has berry in it, Goldberry cooks, self-raising flour is something you might use when you cook.

A christmas tree to butterflies to Caradhras to guinea pigs to the balrog
Old 07-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #227
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

A christmas tree to butterflies to Caradhras to guinea pigs to the balrog

Christmas trees are green, my best friend's eyes are green, my best friend thinks that the Barrow-downs are going to consume me, the Barrow-downs is a website, Alter Aeon is a website, I roleplay on Alter Aeon, roleplaying is fun if you don't let it take over your life, the Ring took over lives, the Ring was evil, chocolate is not evil, chocolate is brown, brown is a color, blue is a color, the sky is blue, clouds are in the sky, clouds are made of water, water is wet, wet feels good when it's over 100 degrees outside, it's over 100 degrees outside here in Texas because it's summer, I hate Texas, Texas is Mordor, Mordor is a bad place, Valinor is not a bad place, Valinor is good, butterflies are good, butterflies are little, snowflakes are little, there was a lot of snow on Caradhras, Caradhras is a mountain, mountains are tall, I am tall, I have brown eyes, eyes are good things to have otherwise you would be blind, they say that justice is blind, justice is what happens when people go on trial (at least, that's the way it's supposed to work), trials are not fun to be in (much less on), babysitting my brother is not fun, my brother is a brat, Morgoth was the ultimate brat, Morgoth means "black foe of the world", black is a color, I dream in color, I dream about crocodiles, crocodiles have teeth, teeth are sharp, knives are sharp, knives are weapons, some people use their tongues as weapons, your tongue is a muscle, I am a wimp and don't have a lot of muscle, wimps don't exercise much, exercise is good for you, fruit is good for you, fruit is colorful, rainbows are colorful, rainbows are made when the sun shines through raindrops, I hate rain, I also hate rodents, guinea pigs are rodents, guinea pigs are sometimes brown, dirt is brown, so are trees, wood comes from trees, fire burns wood, the balrog was fiery.

Pianos to Umbar to Carcharodon Megolodon to Edoras to Ungoliant

Only 17 lines. Drat.

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-30-2003, 09:07 PM   #228
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Pianos to Umbar to Carcharodon Megolodon to Edoras to Ungoliant

Pianos are instruments. Technically, they are percussion instruments. Drums are also percussions instruments. Ghan-buri-Ghan's people used drums to communicate. Eomer and Theoden spoke with Ghan-buri-Ghan. Eomer also spoke to Aragorn. Aragorn came to the rescue of Eomer (and everyone else) during the battle at Minas Tirith in ships from Umbar. Umbar means 'doom' in Quenya. If something very big were about to trod upon you, you would be doomed. The name 'Carcharodon Megolodon' has the word 'meglo' in it, implying that whatever it was, it was big. For some reason, I am convinced that the Carcharodon Megolodon was some sort of mastodon (sp?). Mastodons had four legs. Horses also have four legs. The Nazgul rode four-legged horses, stolen from Rohan. Edoras is in Rohan. Theoden lived in Edoras, as did Eomer. Eomer later became King of Rohan. Aragorn was also a King, and he was in the Fellowship. Frodo and Sam were in the Fellowship, and they went throught Cirith Ungol, where they were chased by Shelob. Shelob is a descendant of Ungoliant.

Lemmings to Sauron to Sweden to the Ainur to a Zebra

19 lines...my personal best. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Lëowen ]
Old 07-31-2003, 08:03 AM   #229
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Quote:
Lemmings to Sauron to Sweden to the Ainur to a Zebra
Okay, Lemmings are known for jumping off cliffs to their death, Gollum "jumped" off a cliff to his death, Gollum fell to his death in Mount Doom, Mount Doom is in Mordor, Mordor is where Barad-Dur is, Sauron lives in Barad-Dur, Barad-Dur is in Middle-earth, Middle-earth was partly based on Europe, Sweden is in Europe, Europe has seas in it, there were seas in Middle-earth, the Ainur were made from Eru's thoughts, Eru was like God of Middle-earth, Rohan is a country in Middle-earth, Rohan means 'horse-land', they have a lot of horses in Rohan, horses are related to zebras. Wow that was long. Okay:

Pantyhose to Prince Imrahil to dinosaurs to Huan to an eggbeater.
Hehehe, that's one of the most obscure ones I've read. Credit to my brother for eggbeater [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:32 AM   #230
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Actually, Carcharodon Megolodon was a sixty-foot great white shark. And I know this because my sister is obsessed with Jaws and all variants thereof.

hose to Prince Imrahil to dinosaurs to Huan to an eggbeater.

Well, a hose is a long narrow green thing that shoots water out one end, an elephant has a long nose that sometimes shoots water out of the end, elephants are grey, mice are grey, mice are small and like to run, my sister is small (though not as small as a mouse) and likes to run, my sister is three, there were three elven rings, Gandalf had one of the elven rings (Narya in case you're wondering), he fell with the balrog in Moria, Moria was underground, basements are underground, basements are dark, I don't like the dark, I don't like Harry Potter, Harry Potter (claims) is a wizard, wizards appear in fantasy, LotR is fantasy, Prince Imrahil appears in LotR, Prince Imrahil probably won't be in the movie, Tom Bom.badil wasn't in the movie, my other sister was furious that Tom wasn't in the movie, that sister is not the one who likes sharks, the sister who likes sharks is very strange, I am very strange (but in a different way), there are some very strange creatures in this world, some of those strange creatures were dinosaurs, dinosaurs are all d.ead, Huan is , Huan was a giant hound that talked, animals in Narnia talked, when Narnia was created things grew very quickly, if one had dropped an eggbeater on the ground when Narnia was first created, one would have an eggbeater tree.

I'm not going to set another record until someone's beaten or matched the last one.

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] to PJ (that should be easy) to Peter Benchley (without using the fact that they have the same first name) to Easterlings to Mirkwood
Old 08-01-2003, 02:55 PM   #231
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Come on, folks, this is too good a thread to let die. Where is the guy who be short?
Old 08-01-2003, 06:35 PM   #232
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Quote:
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] to PJ (that should be easy) to Peter Benchley (without using the fact that they have the same first name) to Easterlings to Mirkwood
Okay, here goes: [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] is a graemlin, I use graemlins, graemlin is hard to spell, spelling is not a fun subject, subjects are taught in school, school is in the fall, it is not fall right now, it is summer, summer is fun, fun is something you have when you're hyper, hyperness is good, hyperness can be induced by Dr. Pepper, Dr. Pepper is my favorite soft drink, I know two people who are addicted to Dr. Pepper, addictions are not good, there is only one addiction that I have that is good: A Lord of the Rings addiction, Lord of the Rings is a book, it is being made into three movies, movies have actors in them, they also have directors, some directors have cameos in their movies, Peter Jackson does cameos in his movies, Peter Jackson is a director, he is the director for The Lord of the Rings, The Lord of the Rings is cool, I just watched it (two hours ago), watching things is cool, some people watch other people, these people can be called stalkers, stalkers are bad, some people stalk celebrities, celebrities can be actors, actors are in movies, movies are watched on screens, a screen is what you have on your TV, screens are also on computers, if you are reading this you are currently looking at a screen, if you are not reading this chances are you are still looking at a screen, if you are not reading this you will not know what I am saying here, I am saying that wombats are cool, wombats are marsupials, marsupials live in New Zealand, LOTR was filmed in New Zealand, Australia is close to New Zealand, aborigines live in Australia, so do koalas, koala is a weird word, it sounds Hawaiian, Hawaii is a weird word, it also sounds Hawaiian, I've never been to Hawaii, I have been to Germany, I have no idea who Peter Benchley is, maybe he's from Germany, he could also be a marsupial, or he could be an actor, a marsupial-actor from Germany is a very weird thing, weird can be good, I am weird, my friends are weird, friends are people you spend time with, spending time with people is fun, people who don't spend time with other people can be called anti-social, being anti-social is sometimes fun, fun is basically the theme of this very long run-on sentence, my English teacher would kill me if she knew I was writing a run-on sentence of this magnitude, English teachers are crazy, especially when they come from England, that is an amusing thought, amusing thoughts are fun to have, I have a bike, I like to ride my bike, riding one's bike is a form of exercise, exercise is good for you, so is tofu, I hate tofu, tofu is gross, squid is gross, Boromir the Disco King eats squid, Boromir is a real name in Czech, I am half Czech, the Czech Republic is cool, books are cool, I love to read books, I also love to be on the internet, I am on the internet right now, I am also typing right now, I have to type an e-mail, e-mails are good things to get, food is also a good thing, Easterlings ate food, Brodda was an Easterling, Easterlings are bad, public school is bad, public schools are run my school districts, school districts are large areas that determine which school you go to, areas are places, a house is a place, I live in a house, some people live in apartments, apartments has the word "apart" in it, apart means seperate, seperately packaged candies are what you giveout on Halloween, Halloween is in October, October is the tenth month of the year, a year has 365.25 days in it, a week has seven days in it, there are about four weeks in a month, August is a month, today is the first of August, being the first of something is usually good, cake is good, I don't have any cake, I want some cake, cake helps when you are hungry, I am hungry, hunger comes when you haven't eaten anything in a while, eating is fun, playing the piano is fun, pianos are musical instruments, guitars are musical instruments too, I have a friend who plays the guitar, I also have a friend who plays the cello, my mom plays the cello, my mom has brown hair, I have brown hair, lots of people have brown hair, lots of people are probably getting sick of reading this, reading this probably takes a long time, this is getting pointless, it is good when things have a point, needles have points, so do knives, Aragorn has a knife, I really like Aragorn's knife, Legolas also has knives, Legolas is an elf, Luthien is an elf, I am Luthien, I wish I was an elf, I wish I could fly, flying in airplanes is fun, typing this is sort of fun, I am OK at typing, I am OK at doing this, I am better at being obssessed, everyone here is obssessed, everyone is a large number of people, 314159265358979 is a large number, it is also the first digits of pi, I have that memorized, therefore I am a nerd, nerds are cool, elves are cool, elves live in Mirkwood.

Whew! That was long. Is it long enough? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Tinuviel, I counted thirty-nine on your longest one. So exactly how long is it? Mine beat it anyway. I have 52 lines, not couted the last line, which is only one word and therefore doesn't count.

Okay, here's the new one (I always forget): Gimli to aspen leaves to dry cleaners to France to Amon Hen.

[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

Old 08-02-2003, 12:00 AM   #233
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

Gimli went to lothlorien once, there are leaves there, leaves are on trees, there is a tree ifnront of the drycleaners, mostly foreign people run drytcleans (in america) and french people are foreign and they come from france, and the french are people, gondorians are people also, and gondorians built amon hen.

ok here is myne. Spider-man (whoohoo) to mirkwood, to trading cards, to sauron's missing bottle of eyedrops
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #234
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Spider-man (whoohoo) to mirkwood, to trading cards, to sauron's missing bottle of eyedrops

Spiderman is like a spider, there were spiders in Mirkwood, the spiders in Mirkwood were unusually large, an umusually large spider could be called a monster, there are monsers on trading cards, trading cards could be Pokemon, I dislike Pokemon, I also dislike spinach, spinach is green, the opposite of green is red, the eye of Sauron is red, Sauron apparently is missing his eyedrops, because his eye is red.

Banana peels to Narya to a tea party with dolls to a computer to Edoras back to banana peels.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:50 PM   #235
TaliesinWest

Sting

Quote:
Banana peels to Narya to a tea party with dolls to a computer to Edoras back to banana peels.
Banana peels make people fall, fall comes once a year, once a year someone remembers to call and gives me a ring, Narya is a ring, Narya is made from mithril, mithril is a metal, metal can be used to make swords, swords kill people, people can hold tea parties with dolls, if you frequently have tea parties with dolls you may not be quite right in the head, many people who are not quite right in the head are addicted to computers, computers connect me to that lovely place called The Downs, The Barrow-Downs is a site for Tolkienists, Tolkienists are obsessed with Tolkien, Tolkien created Edoras, Edoras means 'the courts', 'the courts' has an 'e' in it, as does 'banana peels'.

Got a bit lazy on the last one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was also a bit longer than I expected. Anyway.. Rap to George Bush to Orcs to Cacti.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #236
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can't understand half the words rappers say, you can't understand half the words george bush says, george bush controls a large army of soldiers, orcs are soldiers, orcs like sharp things, cacti are sharp!

Now cacti to thongs to martha stewart to shotguns
Old 08-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #237
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cacti to thongs to Martha Stewart to shotguns

Cacti can be green, t-shirts can be green, t-shirts are clothing, thongs are clothing, thongs are sold in stores, stores have catalogs, Martha Stewart has catalogs, Martha Stewart did something illegal, it's illegal to shoot people with shotguns!

Now Bill the pony to bagels to a cat to a TV set

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #238
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Quote:
Bill the pony to bagels to a cat to a TV set
Bill the pony is my avatar, I like Bill the pony, I like ponies, ponies like to eat grass, grass grows in the ground, grass is a plant, wheat is also a plant, wheat is used to make bread products, bagels are bread products, I like bagels, I have a dog, my dog likes bagels (yup!), my dog likes to chase stuff, my dog likes to chase cats, cats can jump really high, some cartoon characters can jump really high, cartoons are on TV sets.

Pippin to pine tree to Koko the gorilla to Puerto Rico
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #239
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Luthien, how about after I match yours, let's quit with the competition. I wouldn't want the BW to close this thread because of us.

Pippin to pine tree to Koko the gorilla to Puerto Rico

Pippin is a hobbit, hobbits are short, short is the opposite of long, long can refer to many things such as time or string or sentences or Round-Abouts ( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), time is a part of the space time continuum, the space-time continuum is an idea in several movies, movies are a form of entertainment, entertainment is not always a good thing, entertainment keeps people (especially three-year-olds) occupied, when people are occupied they don't get into trouble (unless of course they are occupied with trouble in the first place), when people get into trouble they have problems, questions in math are called problems (aptly, I would say), math is a vile creation of Morgoth, Morgoth used to be called Melkor, Melkor starts with an 'M,' the letter 'M' is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet, thirteen is sometimes by some people considered to be an unlucky number, personally, I think that luck and unluck are just made up words that don't mean anything, lsjldkfhjtlke is a made up word that doesn't mean anything, lsjldkfhjtlke was made by randomly hitting the keyboard (which I'm sure all of you who bother to read these things could tell), randomly hitting the keyboard is how I named one of the characters in one of the stories that I'm writing, the character is going to die at the end of the book (so of course I won't tell you which one it is so that I won't spoil the book if I ever do publish it), Thorin died at the end of The Hobbit, The Hobbit is one of my favorite books because it was written by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien wrote the Silmarillion as well, I like the Silmarillion (in case you couldn't tell that from my name), I also like Beyond World's End (which book I STILL haven't finished reading), Beyond World's End is a good book, lots of books are good, some books aren't (like HP, don't shoot me Meela), books that aren't so good are not things that I prefer to spend my time reading, I spend a lot of time reading, I spend a lot of time on the Downs as well, the Downs is a cool site, there are a few other cool sites out there (I'm sure, not that I've found any [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), the other cool sites out there have other stuff on them, other stuff isn't as cool as Tolkien's work, Tolkien's work is the reason that the Downs exist, the Downs are named after the Barrow-Downs in Fellowship of the Ring, the Barrow-Downs in the book were near the Old Forest, I am sure that there were pine trees somewhere in the Old Forest, pine trees are often used as Christmas trees, Christmas is far away ( [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ), China ia far away from where I am, I am in Texas, Texas is Mordor (don't shoot me Arafangwen), Mordor is to the East in Middle-Earth, East is a direction, directions tell you which way to go, I'm not any good with directions (I get lost in the little town that I live in, well, it's not all that little, but I get lost very easily anyway), my best friend Zel Ladrona is good with directions which is why I take her along with me when I go places, Zel Ladrona writes books, her books are science fiction, science fiction is a branch of fantasy, fantasy is my favorite genre to read, reading is fun, writing is fun, but writing is also hard, rocks are hard, some buildings are made of rocks, those buildings are usually pretty old, old is a relative term (ie, what's old for an man would be young for an elf, etc), relativity is mostly what Einstein figured out (E=mc^2), Einstein was very smart, I have been told that I am very smart, I am not nearly as smart as Einstein, Einstein had very wild hair, Zeddiccus Z'ul Zorander in the Sword of Truth books has hair like Einstein's, Zedd eats all the time, he would eat dirt if someone would cook it for him, dirt doesn't taste good, dirt is brown, chocolate is brown, chocolate does taste good, chocolate melts at high tmeperatures, metal melts at much higher temperatures, swords are made out of metal, swords are weapons, knives are weapons, Reynion has four throwing knives, Reynion is a character of mine in The Fall of Greenwood the Great, Reynion is an elf (of course, as he's in that particular RPG), elves are immortal unless they die, they can only die by a wound or of grief, dying of grief is usually a literary term and no one really dies of grief, only Elves really do die of grief, Elves are very different from elfs, elfs are stupid little things that some people think are really elves but they're not, I tell this to people when they make the mistake of calling Elves elfs, I also lecture people who don't recognize my Gollum imitation (poor fellow. I told him the whole story from the Ainulindale to the War of the Ring), when I do things like that I get strange looks, strange looks are fun to get, it is also fun to scare people with the depth of my Lord of the Rings obsession, I have made a lot of posts on the thread called "you know you're obsessed with lotr part 2," Luthien has made more posts than I have, I know some strange things about Luthien, I know a lot of things, one of the things I know is sign language, Koko the gorilla knows sign language, Koko the gorilla is black, black is my best friend's favorite color to wear, I like to wear blue (as in blue jeans), the sky is blue, the sky holds clouds, clouds gave me the idea for one of the ships I designed for Zel Ladrona's books, the ship is called Resolute, the ship has a personality programmed in, her personality is eternally three to five years old (actually, there is a logical reason behind that. If she was ordinary AI, she would take over the world, but as a child, she grows dependant on her pilot and won't try to take over the world. That's the theory, anyway.), this may make it where she won't take over the world, but it also makes her annoying (at least to most of the characters in the books), my little brother is annoying, sometimes I wish that I could send my little brother away across an ocean to a desert island, Puerto Rico is an island (though not a desert island).

Whew. That got a little sticky toward the end.

The White Hand to [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] to the color green to pipeweed
Old 08-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #240
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

The White Hand to [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] to the color green to pipeweed

The white hand is part of Saruman, and [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] is what people do when they see the fingernails on his hands. leaves of trees are usually the color green, Sarumans hand lead to the distruction of the green leaves, which are not the same as leaves of pipeweed

Tenor Sax to Frodo to breaststroke (EVIL!)to [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote