The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting First Annual Barrow-Downs Awards

Bear with me here, as I am not sure if this is a duplicate thread (I found no similar topics using the "Search" function), and I don't know if this is proper subject matter for a post in this forum. I would like to receive nominations from fellow Barrow Downers for other Downers whom they feel are deserving of ownership of a particular title.

Think of it as an "award show" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The categories are:

Most Knowledgeable* Downer

Most Insightful** Downer

Downer with Best Sense of Humor

Most Feared Downer (I think many of us know who this would be)

Best New Corpse (that is, the most intelligent and insightful Downer to have registered within the last 2-3 months)

Best Thread in "The Books"***

Best Thread in "The Movies"***

Best Thread in "Middle Earth Mirth"***

Again, I'm not sure if this has been done before (or if anyone is interested in participating [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ). Please don't rip my head off if this turns out to be a duplicate thread (I did use the search, and browsed manually). Just send me your votes, and I shall tally them up! Any extra insight about the people you nominate will be welcome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Please don't nominate yourself, if your big egos can help it! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers!
-Angmar

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

*Most knowledgeable about factual information concerning Middle Earth and Professor Tolkien

**Most insightful about the philosophical and/or debatable aspects of Professor Tolkien's world.

***For these categories, send the name of the thread and the name of the member who started the thread

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]