The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVII: The Saga Continues to Continue quite Continuously

It is the Second Age, seventy-five years since Elendil and his sons escaped Numenor and established the Realms in Exile. Off the southern coast of the now-prosperous kingdom of Gondor, in the Bay of Belfalas, lies an island. Not a very large island as islands go, but large enough to contain a village of twenty in a bay on its northern coast. Recently, however, Sauron, desiring to overthrow the kingdom, has sent three werewolves to infiltrate this village and kill all the villagers. Due to this, the island will one day come to be named...

Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the new Isle of Werewolves.
Welcome to the seventeenth game of Barrow-Downs Werewolf.
The rules are as follows:

The game is divided into two phases, NIGHT and DAY.

During the DAY, the people of this village shall confer amongst themselves about their suspicions as to who the Wolves may be. This is also the time when the Ranger and Hunter may PM each other. The people of the village vote for whom they want to lynch. Whoever gets the most votes will be lynched. Votes are not retractable and should be posted in bold, on a separate line like this.

++Meneltarmacil

Double lynchings are allowed if two villagers have the same number of votes. If three or more villagers have the same amount of votes, two lynchees will be randomly decided by a roll of whatever variety of die is needed (I have several).

At NIGHT, no more posting is allowed. At this time, the Werewolves PM each other and decide amongst themselves whom to kill. The Seer dreams during the Night, and the Ranger and Hunter carry out their duties.

EDIT: If you die, you're dead. Please do not attempt to contact those still alive in the game to discuss the situation, and please do not post anything more related to this game on this thread or on the original Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread.

FURTHER EDIT: While you can say "I'm a wolf", etc. all you like, you may not post PMs or anything to prove what your role is.

DAYS and NIGHTS will be begin and end at 5:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 10:00 PM GMT and 3:00 PM Mountain Time.

You may not edit your posts, except to correct grammar/format errors or to report cross-posting. Please stay in Invisible Mode.

Roles:

Ordinary Villagers: The Ordinary Villagers post during the DAY and decide whom to lynch. They are silent at NIGHT.

Werewolves: The 3 Werewolves act like Ordinary Villagers during the DAY. At NIGHT, they PM each other and choose one villager to kill. They shall PM that choice to me.

Seer: Each NIGHT, the Seer chooses one villager to dream about and PMs his/her choice to me. The role of that villager will be revealed. The Cobbler, however, will appear to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Hunter: Each NIGHT, the Hunter chooses one villager to take down with him/her in case he/she is killed and PMs his/her choice to me. However, nobody else dies during the DAY if the Hunter is lynched. The Hunter may PM the Ranger during the DAY, but not at NIGHT.

Ranger: Each NIGHT, the Ranger chooses one villager to protect and PMs his/her choice to me. The Werewolves cannot kill that person during that NIGHT. The Ranger cannot protect him/herself, and cannot protect the same person two Nights in a row.

Cobbler: The Cobbler hates his/her job, his/her life, and the other villagers so much that he/she wants the Wolves to kill everyone. The Cobbler creates confusion during the DAY and helps get innocents lynched, basically doing whatever is needed to help the Wolves, even at the cost of his/her own life. The Cobbler does not know who the Wolves are, and they do not know who the Cobbler is. The Cobbler appears to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Those Participating:
1. mormegil- Elven smith
2. Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
3. Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
4. dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
5. The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
6. Aiwendil- Old woodwright
7. AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
8. Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
9. malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
10. Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
11. Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
12. Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
13. Formendacil- Village historian
14. Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
15. Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
16. the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
17. WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
18. Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
19. Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head
20. Meneltarmacil- Ye Olde Knighte

It is now Night 1. Villagers may not post. Wolves may PM, Ranger and Hunter may not. I only need a name from the Seer toNight.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 02-04-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Changing "must" to "should." No reason to ignore votes with formatting a little off. Also, added the "dead people tell no tales" reminder. And another reminder. Etc.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote