The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #321
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
not again!!
3 hours in and our village is deathly silent, come on people we cannot aford any bad moves because of silence, it is time for the entire village to step up and start figuring this riddle out, I am currently leaning toward Azaelia and Formendacil, but I am not 100% sure I will go analyze all votes from day 1 until now and post my findings
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #322
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticstorm
not again!!
3 hours in and our village is deathly silent, come on people we cannot aford any bad moves because of silence, it is time for the entire village to step up and start figuring this riddle out, I am currently leaning toward Azaelia and Formendacil, but I am not 100% sure I will go analyze all votes from day 1 until now and post my findings

Cannot afford bad moves? Or simply are posting at their normal rate...

This is my typical mode, or would be if I had managed to acquire one: on every hour or two, then off for the night, back on just before noon, and then close to hourly for the rest of the day...

My point is that it seems to me that the main reason for the stifling silence in the village is the lack of our vocal villagers. Saucepan Man, Eomer, and Morm were our loudmouths. With them gone, we not only lose the most noisy villagers, but also the main instigators of replies....

All the same, I agree with you that it is suspicious, even if a rational excuse can be thought of.

A pity that you find me suspicious, but I really can't complain, after my anti-Wilwa rage the last couple days. And while I suppose that you can't take my word for anything anymore, I must say that I agree with you that Azaelia looks quite suspicious. I've been saying that for a few days though, without really acting on it or thinking about it, and after the rest of my poor voting decisions since this started, I don't think that I'm necessarily a good person to be listening too...

The way I've been voting, I should almost have been a Cobbler!

Regardless of that, I still think Azaelia the most suspicious of those remaining, and with a 50/50 chance of guessing at one of the Wolves, I may as well stick with her for now...
Old 10-10-2005, 06:43 AM   #323
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Listen up, everyone. I am an innocent villager who has consistently made bad choices. I mean it. I have always voted the wrong way, posted the wrong way, etc. But there are three villagers and two werewolves left. If you kill me, you will lose. Because I am innocent. And if the number of innocents and the number of werewolves becomes equal, all innocents will die and the wolves will win. If I die today, the wolves will unmask themselves and kill everyone.

I know that sounds like a dire threat: "Don't kill me or else!" but it is true. If I die, wolves win. It's that simple. We have to kill a wolf today, so please please please don't make the wrong choice here.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #324
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
ok here is the voting situation for all 5 days

Day 1
Formendacil: Marcolie Lamen (innocent)
Boromir: Wilwa (innocent)
Azaelia: Gil (innocent)
Alcarillo: Gil (innocent)
Arctic (did not vote)

Day 2
Alcarillo: Perky (Ranger)
Boromir: Sauce (innocent)
Azaelia: Sauce (innocent)
Arctic: Perky (Ranger)
Form: Azaelia (unknown)

Day 3
Boromir: Eomer (wolf)
Arcticstorm: Eomer (wolf:condemned)
Azaelia: Eomer (wolf)
Formendacil: Sauce (innocent)
Alcarillo ( did not vote)

Day 4
Boromir: Morm (Hunter)
Formendacil: Wilwa (innocent)
Arctic: Wilwa (innocent)
Azaelia: Morm (Hunter)
Alcarillo: Morm (Hunter)

Day 5
Form: Wilwa (innocent)
Boromir: Wilwa (Innocent)
Arctic: Wilwa (innocent)
Alcarillo: Azaelia (unknown)
Azaelia: Wilwa (Innocent)
Old 10-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #325
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I happen to believe Azaelia. I'm innocent to, believe me or not, If Im lynched, it's over for the innocents, I believe Azaelia when she says this.

Which leaves artic, Form, Alcarillo. I think Arctic and Form are our wolves. Yes, the very people I wasn't that suspicious yesterday. But, these two seem to be talking the most in the later days (mostly because I haven't been around a lot). But, I declare...these two are running the show!

See, I wonder why I haven't been killed yet, and it's becase I've been totally wrong the whole time. The wolves wouldn't kill me unless if I was onto them, as long as I wasn't pointing the finger at them, they would keep me alive, knowing I wouldn't be any harm. But, now my fellow villagers, Form and Arctic are wolves!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #326
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
Listen up, everyone. I am an innocent villager who has consistently made bad choices. I mean it. I have always voted the wrong way, posted the wrong way, etc. But there are three villagers and two werewolves left. If you kill me, you will lose. Because I am innocent. And if the number of innocents and the number of werewolves becomes equal, all innocents will die and the wolves will win. If I die today, the wolves will unmask themselves and kill everyone.

I know that sounds like a dire threat: "Don't kill me or else!" but it is true. If I die, wolves win. It's that simple. We have to kill a wolf today, so please please please don't make the wrong choice here.

And if I die, the Wolves win...

Your defense sounds exactly like mine. And while I can't convince anyone, perhaps, that I am not a wolf, that doesn't mean I have to be taken in.

So I think I'll stick with the gut instincts I've been having for days, and view you as one of the Wolves. Maybe this time my suspicions will be correct...

For what it's worth, though, of the five remaining, each of us has consistently been voting for the wrong people. There are only a few votes in Alcarillo's list that actually went to a Werewolf. No wonder the wolves kept the three of us around.

And for the other wolf, I'm really starting to suspect Boromir. He started off the voting against Morm two days ago, and was very quick to defend himself yesterday. Furthermore, he was more than willing yesterday to go along with the anti-Wilwa bandwaggon I had going.

On the basis of Alcarillo having been the only one yesterday to vote for an unknown, and not Wilwa, as well as having voted against Eomer, where I at least did not, I am tempted to think him one of the innocent villagers. But not convinced.

And that leaves Arcticstorm... He seems more a Wolf than not, just because he's consistently kept a low profile, and then popped up with some innocent-seeming statement that diverted suspicion....

So that leaves me with THREE people I suspect as wolves, and one of them is definitely a villager, and quite possibly two of them are. This is a serious dilemma.

Last edited by Formendacil; 10-10-2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Got my tags mixed up...
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #327
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
And for the other wolf, I'm really starting to suspect Boromir. He started off the voting against Morm two days ago, and was very quick to defend himself yesterday. Furthermore, he was more than willing yesterday to go along with the anti-Wilwa bandwaggon I had going.
Who jumped on who's bandwagon? I've announced suspicions on Wilwarin since Day 1, not like I suddenly followed you.

Quote:
On the basis of Alcarillo having been the only one yesterday to vote for an unknown, and not Wilwa,
That could be an attempt of a wolf to keep his hands clean in the day and not at night. Only wolves would know of Wilwarin's innocence.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #328
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Who jumped on who's bandwagon? I've announced suspicions on Wilwarin since Day 1, not like I suddenly followed you.
True, perhaps. But if my fate was tied to Wilwa's being a wolf, I don't see that it was necessarily tied any tighter than yours...

Quote:
That could be an attempt of a wolf to keep his hands clean in the day and not at night. Only wolves would know of Wilwarin's innocence.
That's the part of this whole business that scares me! There isn't anyone left who seems reasonably free of suspicion. I'm not such a fool to see that I'm under suspicion- although I am innocent. Of course, two other people are innocent, and I'm suspecting one or both of them of being Wolves...
Old 10-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #329
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Which leaves artic, Form, Alcarillo. I think Arctic and Form are our wolves. Yes, the very people I wasn't that suspicious yesterday. But, these two seem to be talking the most in the later days (mostly because I haven't been around a lot). But, I declare...these two are running the show!
yes it is true we are running the show, but I find that more of an advantage than a disadvantage. I started trying to pick up the slack when our top villagers were all killed. We just needed to keep going. And as evindenced over yesterday and today, wee are being too quiet. Every person left in the village could very easily be wolves, that is why I think these 5 members were left alive. But which two are they?
FOrmendacil, seemed to be leading the attack on Wilwa for the last two days and with the exception of the day he voted for Azaelia voted for innocents who areknown now.
Boromir has been attacking Wilwa since day 1, and has been one of the first few to vote since the beginning
Alcarillo has been silent the entire time and as such has drawn a lot of suspicion.
Azaelia has been extremely quiet the whole time, and with the exception of the Eomer bandwaggom has not really helped catch a wolf
Arcticstorm has been quiet a lot, sometimes he has spoken up. That is just who I am. I have been drawing suspicion off and on and have made some really stupid votes to defend Sauce and Morm. He was dran into the sweet sounding argument against Wilwa and has drawn suspicion from helping lead that.

so as you can see any two of us 5 could be wolves. I am currently leaning toward Formendacil as one, and I am not as sure about the second one now,

Last edited by arcticstorm; 10-10-2005 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fixing quote box
Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #330
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Alas, if we do not lynch a werewolf today, our village shall be doomed.

I agree with Boro that our wolves are probably Formendacil and Arctic, but I am still having qualms about Azaelia. The only person I think could not possibly be guilty is Boro.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #331
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
I agree with Boro that our wolves are probably Formendacil and Arctic, but I am still having qualms about Azaelia. The only person I think could not possibly be guilty is Boro.
Somehow, those words sound ominous to me....

I've been trusting Boromir since pretty much the beginning, so I'd hate to be wrong, AGAIN, about someone, but his behaviour is starting to look like that of a Werewolf... What if HE was the Cursed One? He would have had a great innocent reputation to thrive on since the beginning...

I'm so confused right now. Everyone looks suspicious to me, and short of a mass lynching (which isn't allowed anyway), we can't vote off EVERYBODY...
Old 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #332
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
I've been trusting Boromir since pretty much the beginning, so I'd hate to be wrong, AGAIN, about someone, but his behaviour is starting to look like that of a Werewolf... What if HE was the Cursed One? He would have had a great innocent reputation to thrive on since the beginning...
I'm innocent. Lynch me, it's over for the villagers.

Quote:
I'm so confused right now. Everyone looks suspicious to me, and short of a mass lynching (which isn't allowed anyway), we can't vote off EVERYBODY...
Aren't we all, ahhh, I hate being an ordinary.

Very tough decision today. It's probably about time for me to vote, this has got to be the most difficult decision I've made.

I would think that wolves being so close to victory would try to sway opinion late in the game (Formendacil and arctic), but then again, Alcarillo jumps out as being a possible wolf, as jumping onto suspects as long as it's not him and another wolf. And we can never exclude out Azaelia, despite me being swayed by her words, it will definitely be the biggest fool that has been every pulled over me.

But, I'm going to be confident in my decision today and say that, as of right now 2 of these 3 are wolves:
Alcarillo
Formendacil
Arctic

And today I'm going after ++arctic who I think may be the ex-cursed.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #333
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Cry havoc! And let slip the votes of War!

The die is cast... We have less than an hour and a half (as of posting), from when this day is over...

I'm totally lost. Everyone looks suspicious! I'm starting to suspect even myself, and I KNOW what I am (or do I? I deleted Holby's PM...).

Boromir has voted for one of my (slightly) stronger suspects, and with a loss of direction, I'll join him and vote:

++Arcticstorm

And may Eru have mercy on my soul!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #334
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am going to vote today for ++Formendacil
Old 10-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #335
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Oh dear, what a decision to make... I am *inclined* to think Boromir is innocent, but my suspicions and feelings are so often wrong. At any rate, I will not be voting for him tonight, because there are others that I find more suspicious.

This is a difficult vote to make because our survival depends upon it. The point is long past in which if we voted for the wrong person, it was a problem but not a fatal one. This time, if I pick the wrong person, we'll be dead...

Arcticstorm and Formendacil have been on my suspect list for a while...and today I will hold my breath, cross my fingers, and pray for all our sakes that

++Arctic

is a wolf, because I have just tipped the balance.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #336
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Leaf

Time to join the bandwagon!

++arcticstorm
Old 10-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #337
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
If victory, for the wolves, could be tasted then stress, for the innocents, could be felt. Little had been said, if ever they came together to talk. They were all on edge, nobody sure of what to do, it just seemed who ever voted first the others followed, even more unsettling was the one sealing someone's fate.

The villagers were almost completely lethargic, having lost so much to the vile beasts, it seemed easier to just let them take over and be done. The merest spark of hope, though, remained in their hearts. It was small but could not be extinguished. So they cast their votes, the majority for Arcticstorm-preacher.

The four walked over to the little chapel where they found Arctic tidying things up. He looked up in shock, "What do you mean I'm to be executed? I'm a man of the church!"
"That doesn't mean much anymore, remember the anchoress, she turned out to be a wolf." someone responded.
"Yes, but she was an S.A.E. (self appointed expert), whereas I'm degreed." said Arctic.
"That just means you're the smart alpha wolf!" came the retort.
"No! I'm no wolf!", the preacher insisted, as he backed away from the others, "please, for all our sakes, don't do this!"

But it was too late, the tiny flame of hope and self preservation flared up in each of them. They lunged at Arctic tackling him to the floor, one on top choking him, the others getting in kicks when they could. Something flared in Arcticstorm as well, snarls and spittle issued form his elongated mouth and his ferocious wolf strength was about to throw them all off when one of the villagers plunged a knife into the side of his neck spewing arterial spray all over the holy site.

villagers:3
wolves:1

dead
Holby(mod) clawed from wolves night 1
Gil-Galad(Ordinary)shot by firing squad day1
Shelob(ordinary)killed by wolves jack-o-lantern style night2
The Perky Ent(ranger)executed by his sword day2
cursed villager transformed on night3
Eomer of the Rohirrim(wolf)whacked by lumberjack's axe day3
Cailin(seer)drowned bobbing for apples with eyes ripped out night 4
Mormegil(hunter)beheaded by his own ax in a battle to the death day 4
Abercrombie(wolf)beheaded by hunter in a battle to the death day4
SaucepanMan(ordinary)poisoned on night5
Wilwarin(ordinary)'panned' to death day5
Marcolie(ordinary)got 'fawkesed' on night6
Arcticstorm(wolf)knifed and choked day6

living
Formendacil
Alcarillo
Azaelia
Boromir
Old 10-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #338
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The wolf was rather pleased with itself, to be the last of its kind still standing. Tonight's kill will be the appetizer to tomorrow's feast, and there will be no sharing. The wolf could take its time in choosing, each possible victim had its own merrits. Finally one was chosen and the wolf set out.....

In the morning, not surprising only three came together, all of their appearances were rathing shocking. The last fortnight had taken its toll. They were dishevelled, gaunt faces with hollowed cheeks, eyes darting in constant vigilance and the blood of the preacher-wolf still on them.

They kept their distance from each other but still within view as they went to look for the missing one. Upon entering the house, there was an almost cherubic scene before them, the one lay as a small child does, legs tucked under and hands nestled under their cheek. Oddly though, the one was lying in a ginormous roaster pan and an apple shoved in its mouth.

The villagers rolled the one over and found them to be gutted and stuffed with seasoned bread. A note lay on the table scrawled with "I convinced him he was a turkey".

Utterly sickened the three faced each other, today was the day of reckoning.

villagers:2
wolves:1

dead
Boromir(ordinary)stuffed like a turkey night7

living
Formendacil
Alcarillo
Azaelia
Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #339
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Leaf I'll break the silence . . .

Well, today is the day. Unfortunately, it would appear that the wolves killed our least suspicious villager, so I'm suspicious of both of you. Let's vote very carefully; the fate of the village hangs in the balance!

I also have this to say: I am an innocent villager. I know that I have seemed very suspicious at times, and my voting record isn't spotless, and I am known for my quietness, but you have my word that I am not a werewolf. Lynching me will only kill an innocent and bring the village's defeat.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #340
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Well, today is the day. Unfortunately, it would appear that the wolves killed our least suspicious villager, so I'm suspicious of both of you. Let's vote very carefully; the fate of the village hangs in the balance!

I also have this to say: I am an innocent villager. I know that I have seemed very suspicious at times, and my voting record isn't spotless, and I am known for my quietness, but you have my word that I am not a werewolf. Lynching me will only kill an innocent and bring the village's defeat.
I could say exactly the same thing, Alcarillo, but I don't expect anyone to believe me...

All the same, I am inclined to agree with you, and here's why:

Way back on Day 3, when we lynched Eomer the Wolf, you did NOT vote. If you were a Wolf, you would have tried to save your lupine brother. As it is, you did not vote. A suspicious decision, but not nearly so bad as Azaelia's. Azaelia voted for Eomer, but only after he was already condemned. A calculated move easily in keeping with her overall reputation as a quiet, cunning, background person, a move intended to disassociate herself from the Were-Eomer.

On all the other days, your voting records were the same regarding innocents/Gifted. Except for Day 4.

On Day 4, Alcarillo voted for Azaelia, while Azaelia helped lynch off Wilwa. The Wolves, as of that time, were half the voting population (2 out of 5) and would likely have banded together. Alcarillo, on the other hand, was the only lone voice voting for someone other than Wilwa.

So, I believe Azaelia to be our remaining Werewolf. All the evidence seems to point to her. Most ironic that I've had a bad feeling about her since WAY back, but haven't voted for her since Day 2.

Then there is yesterday...

While it is true that Alcarillo voted last, and his vote was really just an extra endorsement of what had already been passed, whereas Azaelia was the one to actually give the killing vote to Arctic, I still think Azaelia the guilty party. Why? Because there were already two votes for Arcticstorm, and if Alcarillo voted for someone else (Boromir or Azaelia) then Arcticstorm would be lynched anyway. And the bandwaggon was clearly going towards Arcticstorm. In other words, of three possible votes, only one vote would NOT ensure that Arcticstorm was not lynched anyway. Therefore, I think it a very clever ploy by Azaelia to escape suspicion.

And finally, In Defence of Myself:

I have made some tragic mistakes over the course of these tragic events in the village. The only defence I can plead is that I have never lived through this before, and that the Wolves have been very clever.

Furthermore, the final testimony of our now-dead Werewolf Arcticstorm should be taken as an endorsement of my innocence. The voting yesterday went as such:

Boromir: for Arctic
Formendacil: for Arctic
Arcticstorm: for Formendacil
Azaelia: for Arctic
Alcarillo: for Arctic

Arcticstorm, the only wolf, tried to divert the voting from himself at the most important time, by turning it to me. That, I hope should prove in your mind, Alcarillo, that I am innocent.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #341
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Well, I'm glad you see that I am an innocent. You seem a lot less suspicious than Azaelia now, Formendacil, although I'm still keeping an eye on everybody. I will probably vote for Azaelia today, and I am eager to hear her defense. Keep in mind that suspicions can still change.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #342
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you see that I am an innocent. You seem a lot less suspicious than Azaelia now, Formendacil, although I'm still keeping an eye on everybody. I will probably vote for Azaelia today, and I am eager to hear her defense. Keep in mind that suspicions can still change.
Just because I think you innocent? It's always nice to be agreed with, but don't forget that I COULD be a Werewolf trying to make you help me lynch off an innocent, and thus win the game...

Of course, why would I be posting this then?

Ah, such dilemmas. I'm glad your keeping your eyes open, though.

And yes, what does our Werewolf, Azaelia, have to say?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #343
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I have this to say. I am NOT a werewolf. Kill me at your own peril. I think Formen is a wolf. He is working especially hard to cast me in a bad light (I know, it's not particularly difficult to point out mistakes in timing and mistakes in jumping onto an already-rolling bandwagon) and I suspect strongly that he was in it with Arctic last night.

What about yesterday, when I cast the deciding vote to kill a WEREWOLF?? I tell you, if I was a wolf, I wouldn't do that. I'd want support.

Think about it. It's a perfect plot. Kill Boromir: he knew I was innocent. Then frame me up because I post infrequently and make mistakes. If I was a wolf, why would I kill a man who believed me innocent? Brilliant plan, Formen, I must say.

Please. Please believe me. We've all made voting mistakes. That's one of the reasons we're HERE is because two of us have been stupid enough to be amusing enough for the wolf to keep alive. I suspect that the wolf among us is laughing himself silly at the sight of me trying desperately to escape the fingers pointed condemningly at me. Ha. Laugh all you want. And to the innocent villager, whichever you may be...You'll see I'm right in time (Either when we lynch the wolf, or when we lynch me, and you die.)

I'm challenging you, the innocent villager, whichever person you are, to disregard all other appearances and not lynch me. I am innocent, and I beg you to believe me.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #344
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

This is another challenge. Defend YOURself, Formen. Do not attempt to cast suspicion on me. Defend yourself. Why should I not believe that you are a wolf? What actions of yours are not a thin guise for your fanged secret? I dislike your very forward accusation of me. Calling me a WEREWOLF straight out like that doesn't allow me any room to defend myself. So I'm not calling you one, though I am absoloutely thinking it.

No deflecting of suspicion onto me or anyone else, for that matter. I want to hear examples of your actions that prove you not to be a wolf. Concrete examples.

I will probably vote for you today, Formen, alone if necessary. But I am giving you the chance, as Alcarillo gave to me, to defend yourself.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #345
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
This is another challenge. Defend YOURself, Formen. Do not attempt to cast suspicion on me. Defend yourself. Why should I not believe that you are a wolf? What actions of yours are not a thin guise for your fanged secret? I dislike your very forward accusation of me. Calling me a WEREWOLF straight out like that doesn't allow me any room to defend myself. So I'm not calling you one, though I am absoloutely thinking it.
One calls a wolf when one sees one. I have always presented my thoughts on the villagers, including at times some direct attempts at removing a wolf (the disastrous Wilwa experience comes to mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editor in Chief Emeritus, Ph.D
And I have already defended myself:

And finally, In Defence of Myself:

I have made some tragic mistakes over the course of these tragic events in the village. The only defence I can plead is that I have never lived through this before, and that the Wolves have been very clever.

Furthermore, the final testimony of our now-dead Werewolf Arcticstorm should be taken as an endorsement of my innocence. The voting yesterday went as such:

Boromir: for Arctic
Formendacil: for Arctic
Arcticstorm: for Formendacil
Azaelia: for Arctic
Alcarillo: for Arctic

Arcticstorm, the only wolf, tried to divert the voting from himself at the most important time, by turning it to me. That, I hope should prove in your mind, Alcarillo, that I am innocent.
You're coming on VERY strong there, Azaelia, stronger than you have all game. If I wasn't suspicious before, I would be now. That first post was a defence, which gave me pause, but this second seems like a desperate attempt to have me hung- and thus give you a feast.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #346
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Leaf

My opinions are still not changed, so unless Azaelia comes up with some stunning evidence, she's probably getting my vote. I'm going for a walk around the island (or to school) and won't get back until a few hours before voting time. Adios!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #347
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Another silent day... but I suppose that with only three of us left in the village, that is a most natural happening.

Today we kill the last Werewolf, or fall... Let's hope we get the Werewolf...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #348
Formendacil
Dead Serious

I don't know when I'll be on again, and this day is showing every sign of being as silent as the last ones, so I'll make my vote now. I think it's been pretty clear that I'm convinced in my mind as to who the Werewolf is. Backpeddling or second-guessing won't help now.

++ Azaelia of Willowbottom

So help me, Eru!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #349
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have been at school all day...I just got home. I am unsure when I will be able to get back on...And I am very sorry it has come to this because YOU ARE WRONG (Well duh, you are a wolf, you know what you're doing.) If I'm coming off strong that's because this is extremely important. It's also easier to do in a small group.

So with that, I will vote

++Formendacil

and leave it up to the innocent Alcarillo to make, most likely, the wrong choice in voting for me.

I know I am not a werewolf. I only hope something I have said now has changed Alcarillo's mind.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #350
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, I'm back sooner rather than later, but the expected vote of condemnation has come from Azaelia. As noted, it's down to Alcarillo to decide the face of the village.

I really hope that, after all this thought on my part, that Azaelia actually IS the Werewolf. 'Twould be a crying shame if it was Alcarillo...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #351
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Leaf

So the fate of the village falls upon my shoulders.

++Azaelia of Willowbottom
Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #352
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

To quote Calvin&Hobbes, my favorite comic strip... "Hooray, we're dead."

And so we are. The village goes down tonight with me, because I am innocent. We were this close...THIS close to defeating a wolf, and so securing glory and fame (which we all want, I know...hahaha)...and then I get lynched. This is the part where if I was a wolf, I would be fed up with it all and would disclose myself. But I'm not. I'm innocent. But I'm still fed up.

Formen has done a brilliant job in discrediting me, and for that, I congratulate him. All hail the victorious wolf.

If I didn't know better, I would insist that I was not only playing with a wolf but also with a cobbler. Which, I admit, would be awesome, in a morbidly fascinating way.

Goodbye, sweet village...and all that sentimental stuff. Good for you, wolf. You win.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 10-12-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #353
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Why do I get the feeling I've played into a Wolf's hands???

Well, votes are irretractable. Since I didn't get lynched after that Wilwa business, I suppose it's only fair that I cause the village's ruin now...

If Azaelia really ISN'T a wolf, that is...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #354
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The last three villagers stood in silence, wind whipping their hair and rattling the bare tree limbs. Two pointed to each other then looked expectantly at the third. It fell upon his shoulders to pass down judgement. In a moment's time his gaze fell upon the she. And it was understood.

The two males rounded on her and with vice-like grips dragged her to the river. Side by side they knelt, with her on her back in between them, they forced her head under the water. She kicked, she clawed but to no avail. Finally her body lay still and at that instant, one of the two changed.

Howling with delight it turned to the innocent. Their bodies clashed in mid-lunge, rolling in the mud. Pushing faces, kicking, hitting, but the strength of the wolf was too much. It seized an opportunity and clenched its fanged jaws on his throat, crushing it. With a last twitch of the legs, he was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years later, when the mainland town nearest the sea would have its own Fall Festivities celebrating the year's bounty, tradition had it that the youth would go to hear the legend of the desimation of SeekHaven Island.

The story never grew old in the yearly telling and it never lost its effect of sending chills up and down the spines of the listeners.

"That is wonderfully scary!", the children would praise the storyteller, "How do you know so much?"

"I just do", he replied as he ran his tongue across his teeth indecently.

dead
Boromir(ordinary)stuffed like a turkey night7
Azaelia(ordinary)drowned day7
Formendacil(ordinary)throat crushed day7

living
Alcarillo(wolf)

WEREWOLVES WIN!!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #355
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dreams
Saucepan Man
Eomer
Azaelia
Mormegil

Ranger
Formendacil

Hunter
Perky Ent
Azaelia
Marcolie
Abercrombie(kill)

Cursed Villager
ArcticStorm

I wish to thank everyone who participated, you all played brilliantly and made this game memorable. I also thank those who repped me and the two who rated the thread.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #356
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Ai! I am going to have to give up Werewolf games.

After wilwa was lynched and found innocent, I was convinced that the Wolves were Boro and Formendacil. When arctic was lynched and found to be a Wolf, I was convinced that the remaining Wolf was Boro. When Boro died, I was convinced that it was Formendacil!!!

A grudging ( ) congratulations to all the Wolves, but particular congratulations to Alcarillo. Talk about slipping under the radar ...! You played an excellent game, sir.

And what's with the location, Formen? Morm pointed it out to me after Boro died and it looked to be an absolute giveaway.

Great game, though. Thanks to all involved. Eomer, you were an excellent adversary. I enjoyed our tussle. And you played your role excellently, Cailin - spot on with the dreams. Was it Azaelia that you dreamed of the night before you got killed? And once again, morm, humble apologies for instigating your untimely and underserved death.

And last, but most certainly not least, praise Holby with great praise! A wonderful modding job and excellent death scenes - you really know how to rack up the suspense, don't you?!!

Edit: Ah, I see that Azaelia was Cailin's third dream. Well, at least I got something right.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #357
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And what's with the location, Formen? Morm pointed it out to me after Boro died and it looked to be an absolute giveaway.
I can attest that the location was there before Boro's stuffing. Formen is from Canada and they had their Thanksgiving earlier this week.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #358
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Fantasic job guys. Beautiful work. And Holby gets so great praise praising for her fantastically suspenseful and fun deaths.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #359
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Good game!!!! Haven't been following it thoroughly, but I've been following it none the less!!! Great job Wolves!!! Great modding Holby!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #360
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Well played by our wolves, especially Alcarillo.

I was pretty sure I was going to be the one to die that night, and wanted to get on to say some final thoughts, but alas didn't have enough time. I wasn't going to say this, because by saying this would probably mean the wolf wouldn't follow, but the way I figured after arctic was killed...

I figured, wolf or not, Alcarillo was going to be alive the final day.

If I died, Alcarillo was the wolf, because I would be the most likely one to vote against him. I was planning a big case eventhough I figured I was going to die.

If I lived, Formendacil or Azaelia (whichever didn't die that night was a wolf), because they may feel it easier in convincing me that Alcarillo was a wolf. If that makes any sense at all.

My apologies to mormegil, he truly did make me eat my words, and beside the villagers loss that was my only regret in the game.

Edit:

On some more blabbing...

I must say I enjoyed a good game of werewolf for the first time with Eomer, Abercrombie (you definitely fooled me), Formendacil, and Shelob (though I regret not being able to hear from her long).

And some more kudos to Alcarillo, for looking too wolfish to be a wolf, if ya catch my meaning. I love how you followed me to say arctic and Formendacil were wolves, then the next day once Formendacil went after Azaelia, you hopped along, great wolf play.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-12-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote