The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #321
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
So I'm still convinced that sally is a wolf, but the only other late distracters were Nogrod for Gwath and Boro for Lal. And I'm pretty sure both of them are innocent.

If only sally gave me more to analyze. And I'm still not sure why Lal and Rikae have harped on me as a suspect. I just don't really get their arguments.

Last edited by McCaber; 09-15-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: I think that's the third new page for me this game. I'm not even trying to do this.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #322
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

So, that's two of my suspects gone.

*sigh*

So, aside from believing the four CoD voters to be innocent, I have nothing.

The problem, really, is I can't find the time to pore over the thread and get my own ideas, so I just read a well-written accusation, think 'Hmm, yes', and go with it.

Haha, maybe I should print up the thread again. (I did that with DWW, and by DAY 3 I had 50+ pages. )

So, yeah, be back later. Still have classes 'n stuff.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #323
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Hm, has anyone looked closely at Fëa(sic) lately?
Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #324
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'd like to hear from the Gwath voters.

Nogrod had been after him all day, so it was hardly surprising that he voted him. Still, it does look not unlike the good old "force your opponent to defend himself" wolf-tactic. (I'll bear in mind that half the time when two people go at it hammer and tongs, they're both ordos.)

Mithalwen votes him on grounds which I did not like at the time, and still don't:

Quote:
I find Gwathagor's response, to my response on his "correct me if I am wrong" re Captain of Despair baffling. How that pointing out that COD isn't an unsphisticated thinker makes me a wolf is beyond me.

Especially since he just agreed with Nogrod that it was unlikely that a COD voter were a wolf.
I said this at the time: all he said was, "of course, you could be a wolf."

A possible attempt to silence him?

Nilp finds Gwath "twisty"– on grounds which I pointed out to him were incorrect. Then he votes him anyway... apparently for putting up a poor defence?

Quote:
But your defence was simply . . . *shakes head* All this talking about what you might do if you were one or other, what you think he might think of what you're doing, etc. (which you did twice--once yesterDAY and this now toDAY) and rehashing DAY 1 discussion (I thought you hated DAY 1s, why bring them here in DAY 2?) is just *shakes head some more*.

And Mac gives no reason at all.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #325
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm moving in the morning, I won't have time to post much of anything (that is if I even manage to check the forum!), I didn't like Nog yesterday, I would have voted him yesterday, and he's done nothing to assuage my suspicions today.

Therefore:

++Nogrod
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #326
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If I had any special role I wouldn't want to get lynched on Day 1, and would do whatever I could to not get lynched. As no one special, I would have liked to stay around longer, but if I did get lynched it wouldn't have mattered.
Quote:
Anyway, I'll tell you why I don't like your "I'm going to be killed by the wolves" stuff last night. If you're innocent you're either gifted or ordinary.

2. You're an ordinary innocent trying to pose as someone gifted (thus providing cover for the real gifteds). If you're innocent I say bravo, but obviously the wolves didn't buy it so just give up the act.
Love the way you neatly side-step the notion that those with special roles include those who are wolves; why would you signal your approval of Mith's vote for CoD and you 'not being the biggest loss' if you had a role other than that of a Wolf, seeing as only wolves know each others' identities Page 4 is evidence enough for anyone...plus we know Mith is likely to kill a fellow wolf when they look like they are doomed - I'm not the only one to note that.

I also love the way you and Mith assume to know what the wolves think about my theories yesterday. Funny that, given that Brinniel being killed was the most obvious curveball they could throw in.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #327
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Wouldn't it feel that "looks more innocent than guilty" is giving cleaner papers than "not made me more suspicious"?
Those were just the reasons why I put both back from "suspicious" to "somewhat suspicious". In the end, I gave Gwath the notch over Sally out of gut feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I have been quite comfortable with Mac's sober attitude towards me this game and was almost delighted when he shared some of my ideas - and I do owe my continued existence in this game to him to be sure (that's pretty tough to overlook - although it would indeed be the perfect trick performed by the wolf!). But somewhere in the back of my head there has been a quiet voice squeaking: "Look, look, he's dangerous now, why is he doing all that? Every other time he's at you from his first post onwards?" (just a slight overexaggeration for the dramatics).
Oh, come on. If you now suspect me for not suspecting you, I shall change my ways back.
There are a few minor things that I could have pointed early out on, but I didn't, because then you would have suspected me in turn and defended yourself in a way that I would have found even more suspicious, and down the drain it goes. This just happened too often in the past and very rarely did it do any good, so I'm trying to change it this time (and in the future, I hope). One thing I do find suspicious about you is your Day1 vote, which is why I did not go as far as to put you on my innocent list so far.
(Rikae mentioned something the same thing, too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And Mac gives no reason at all.
There's little reason I had, sadly. I pointed out several times on Day1 that I felt Gwath's tone of voice was off. On Day2 I felt better about him, but out of the people on the voting block, he was the one I still felt worst about.

A remark about Boro's #311. That is a very good point there (if only it wouldn't come from my lone suspect left), and I would extend it. In Brinn's unsure list, there are also several people that she said she needed to pay more attention to. Now, if one wolf gets such a comment, I don't think it is usually given much heed during the night's plotting, but if both get such a comment from someone who they think might be the seer, it might cause paranoia. Next to Nogrod and Sally, those candidates are: Rikae, Nerwen, Fea, and Lal. Both wolves in that list?

Well, my current suspicions are thin, like butter spread over too much bread. I'll better go and reread to address that.

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-16-2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: grammar
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 AM   #328
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
You still haven't explained that, Boro.~Nerwen
When I voted, the last vote I saw was Mac's for CoD. I didn't know about Nogrod's, sally's, or Mith's votes.

I'm almost certain I've said this a couple times, but I'll entertain you Nerwen...I had no clue about Brin or CoD's roles. I felt Brin looked innocent (and didn't like Mac's 'case' against her), and as wierd as CoD's vote was, I don't like last minute bandwagons when no one is around. More often then not they turn out bad. However, I know my role, and hence why I told Mith I wouldn't be the biggest lost and I went ahead and voted for Lal.

Quote:
why would you signal your approval of Mith's vote for CoD and you 'not being the biggest loss' if you had a role other than that of a Wolf~Lal
This is precisely why I'm not buying your innocent. How could I signal my approval for Mith's vote if I said "I wouldn't be the biggest loss" after Mith's vote? Not to mention while cross-posting?

I don't know why Mith asked me if I wanted to get lynched, she'll have to tell you.

Quote:
I also love the way you and Mith assume to know what the wolves think about my theories yesterday. Funny that, given that Brinniel being killed was the most obvious curveball they could throw in.~Lal
I didn't assume anything, you're either the Ranger, Seer, an ordinary, or a baddie, and I tried to figure out why someone would want to attract that much attention to being "wolf meat."

It doesn't make any sense if you're gifted.
If you're ordinary, trying to give cover to the real gifted, it didn't work and I asked you to give up the act.
or...
you're a baddie trying to make the village believe you're gifted and weary about lynching you.

Izzy, I've been after Lal since Day 1, and I disagreed with Mac and Nogrod's suspicions against Brin, and I wondered whether the wolves thought Brin was the seer...I don't know how I'm copying everyone's arguments.

Edit: crossed with Mac
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #329
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I didn't assume anything, you're either the Ranger, Seer, an ordinary, or a baddie, and I tried to figure out why someone would want to attract that much attention to being "wolf meat."

It doesn't make any sense if you're gifted.
If you're ordinary, trying to give cover to the real gifted, it didn't work and I asked you to give up the act.
or...
you're a baddie trying to make the village believe you're gifted and weary about lynching you.
This is what is so interesting to me, especially after reading that exchange between yourself and Mith on page 4, that you are so singularly attracted to my theory that my actions were going to flush out a wolf. You can theorise all you want about me trying to cover something fishy up, but I said it was about flushing out a wolf and I hold by that
Old 09-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #330
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
You can theorise all you want about me trying to cover something fishy up, but I said it was about flushing out a wolf and I hold by that~Lal
And you better bet I'm going to go back and double-check whether you stated those reasons or not. I could very well have missed that yesterday. But, I'm not really sure how Mith and my exchange on Day 1 are tied in with this.

If I remember yesterday Rikae pointed out it was odd Brin and Nilp suggest I had been "chummy" with Nogrod. Brin said she didn't suggest that, Nilp withdrew his statement later. I looked, Izzy was the other one who suggested Nogrod and I were buddying up. Maybe now someone will start asking you questions Izzy...why did you think that?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #331
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A second look at Boromir:

Day1: Buddies up to Rikae and has an exchange with Fea that could be something but likely is not. Criticises my points against Brinn, which is fair, but concludes that I'm a wolf, which is a leap. Makes points on everybody but me (who he makes an extra category for) and starts his chase of Lalwende. Dissuades people to vote for CoD just after I did. "Well I was hoping to stay around longer...but I wouldn't be the biggest loss."

The last comment (shouting "I'm an ordo, I'm an ordo!" just before the deadline could be the reaction of a seer who suddenly noticed he was a bit too open, or a reverse-psychology hint to the ranger for the same reason), together with his sureness about my guilt make me think he's the cobbler who, at the time, was preparing for a fake seer reveal later. With Brinn's vote for me, he had a chance to get me lynched, but didn't, preferring to throw his vote away. Of course, he could also be an ordo setting up a trap for a possible me-wolf (if he had been killed that night, it would have pointed very strongly towards wolf-me thinking he was the seer).

Day2: His theory about Brinn... you can explain it as often as you like, to me, it still carries the smell of getting her to make herself look bad with a defense and then sitting back and enjoying the show. Makes a case against Sally which is more or less sensible. He decides that Mith isn't a wolf. He's suspicious of Nogrod and picks apart his case of Brinniel. Just before he has to vote he remembers Lal and votes her.

He discards his suspicion of me entirely, which is surprising. After he was so suspicious before, I would have expected a bit more hesitation. This is in line with the cobbler-seer theory, which a cobbler would have commentlessly discarded at this point.
His reasons for voting Lal twice in a row are paper-thin.

Day3: He gives points against Lal and later starts putting actual pressure on her. Doesn't like Nerwen's vote. Makes a point about Brinn's list. Responds to Nerwen about his Day1-vote and I'm not sure I buy that. Goes after Izzy a little.

How is this for a wolf-strategy: Pick a villager (Lal) who isn't listened to much but who is also unlikely to get lynched quickly, and then consistently go after her. Your cases will look sensible and consistent but it will take a long while until the victim's death makes you look bad and forces you to make wrong cases against somebody new. A cobbler could do the same if he's sure that his victim is not a wolf.

Conclusion: His insistence to go after Lal doesn't seem right with me. He did a few things that point towards cobblerdom, maybe wolfdom, too, but not necessarily. Unfortunately, apart from his voting, which is odd, I could see an innocent Boro do the same things. He's still up there in my list, but I can't make my mind up entirely.

I think I'll look at Sally next.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #332
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
...plus we know Mith is likely to kill a fellow wolf when they look like they are doomed - I'm not the only one to note that.

How do we know. THis has NEVER happened. I didn't vote for Roa when she slipped up in her first , I didn't vote for Izzy in Sauce's game or Nerwen in Brinniel's.

Oh and I vowed I wouldn't do this again and make you blighters thinkbut for those who set store on such things I am not a wolf. Gospel.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:57 AM   #333
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A second look at Sally.

Day1: Mostly joking around first. Criticises CoD for his (non-)vote, then subsequently keeps on mentioning him, which is weird, but I'm not sure whether it's evil. Goes after Boro with no real reason. Also suspects Brinn and Rikae. Let's Nogrod dissuade her from Brinn.

One certainly, like Boro, see her treatment of the Captain as a nervous wolf-on-wolf thing. What makes me doubt it is, that for Sallysawolf it would have been far more effective to simply not mention him at all. There's nervousness, but also carelessness. The placement and the reasoning for the vote suspicious.

Day 2: Thinks Kath was a random kill. Apologises for voting Boro. Thinks Gwath is not guilty. Votes Nogrod because he went after Gwath. She defends her vote from Nogrod.

Not much to comment here. I don't agree with her stance on Nogrod, but that doesn't make her suspicious.

ToDay she has not shown herself yet.

What can I say? There is certainly enough to keep on suspecting her, especially from Day1, but it doesn't earn a top spot. I really hope she'll be around more later. I need to read more of her.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #334
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I asked Boro if he wanted to be lynched because he could have ensured his own safety and didn't. Most of us would want to save our own skin innocent or not. After all unless you thought a gifted was going down you would want to keep yourself as an innocent alive. Wolves obviously want to stay alive. Only cobblers and confident hunters might do otherwise.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 AM   #335
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I asked Boro if he wanted to be lynched because he could have ensured his own safety and didn't. Most of us would want to save our own skin innocent or not. After all unless you thought a gifted was going down you would want to keep yourself as an innocent alive. Wolves obviously want to stay alive. Only cobblers and confident hunters might do otherwise.
Page 4.

4:57 - Do you want to get lynched, Boro?
4:59 - Voting for CoD because of not wanting to lose Boro.
4:59 - Boro says he wouldn't be the biggest loss anyway.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #336
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A look at Nilp:

Day1: Nothing of importance. Misses vote.

Day2: Captain-voters look innocent. Thinks Nogrod looked suspicious on Day1, but now no longer. Is convinced by Nog's case against Brin. Boro and Nerwen look innocent. Brings up the chumminess of Boro and Nogrod which he later takes back. Doesn't give any additional reasons against Brinn, and his reasons against Gwath... *shakes head* (though I'm probably not the one to criticise flimsy Gwath-suspicions). Suspects Fea and Shasta of being wolves together. Votes Gwath. Expects to get under fire the next day (which strangely he hasn't very much so far).

The way Nilp takes up Nogrod's points, I have a hard time imagining the two are in cahoots. I could see this as Wolfnilp copying points of Nogrod that he knew were wrong.

Day3: Wants Fea to be looked at and
Quote:
The problem, really, is I can't find the time to pore over the thread and get my own ideas, so I just read a well-written accusation, think 'Hmm, yes', and go with it.
Well, well, I understand. I'm not happy with it, though. The question is, of course, why would Nilpwolf have killed Brinniel? It took away his only suspect. Did Nilpwolf fear retaliation? It will be interesting to see what he comes up with later toDay. I'll reserve my judgement til then.

Quote:
*ponders*

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-16-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 AM   #337
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quickly (finally got my computer working again and I'm running out the door for class) I still feel uneasy about Nogrod. I hate that I'm concentrating on just one person but he seems too....blah. Just not good.

From the beginning (well, semi the beginning) he's made a grasp-at-straw case against Gwath and finally got him lynched. Guess what? Gwath's an ordo.

His interaction with Boro seems unnatural and the way he spoke to me yesterDay seems very suspicious (he seemed to me to be making too much of a fuss in that one post, if you ask my little opinion)

For some reason Lal and Nilp jump out at me as well, and Mac doesn't want to suspect me even though he thinks I'm suspicious. Not that I'm not flattered, but why? Meh. I wish I had more time.

I'll be back a bit before the deadline (unless class gets out early) to vote and such.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #338
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
How do we know. THis has NEVER happened. I didn't vote for Roa when she slipped up in her first , I didn't vote for Izzy in Sauce's game or Nerwen in Brinniel's.
Hey, you were going to, though... we just couldn't get anyone else to follow suit, remember?

But anyhow, the remark of mine Lal is quoting, that you (if furry) "may have thought CoD was doomed anyway" was about situation, not individual character, if you see what I mean.

She's taken a couple of things I said in that post and run right out of sight with them.

Quote:
Oh and I vowed I wouldn't do this again and make you blighters thinkbut for those who set store on such things I am not a wolf. Gospel.
Well, that's a load off my mind...

X'd since Mac at 333.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #339
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

My problem right now is whether I should vote for Mithwolf or Borowolf.

Boro had me lined up from day one with no good reason, especially on day one when he actually had much better reasons to vote for Brinniel or CoD who were his co-runners for lynching. He leaves voting until after Mith has voted (and also poked him to vote quickly) and he is then safe to vote for me - as was no doubt planned by them. Note that Mith's excuse that they voted at the same time doesn't wash as wolves could have planned this exit stratgy all along beforehand.

Then on the next day, he builds a mild case to vote for me again, while Mith cunningly avoids voting for me and builds a slight suspicion (and gets Gwath out of the way without attracting suspicion by leaving a trail).

Today, following the murder of Brinn, they are straight in with the accusations based on the spurious excuse of me forgetting to read the rules. Yet when I was looking at evidence today, I found a post I made towards deadline on the first day, where I mention something about holding on to my vote for Brinn and not changing it even after she made a good defence.

Very cunning, to have a plan and not join together on it until the 3rd day...however, it does depend rather on there being a bandwagon forming.

It could, however, be possible that only one of them is the wolf and that Page 4 is simply an example of one wolf trying to signal to a cobbler who they are. In which case, if this is a Mith/Boro wolf/cobbler thing (it would be Mith as Wolf and Boro as cobbler, if you look at page 4) our votes are being split and someone else is trying to rope in votes for another victim elsewhere. Divide and Conquer. It won't matter which one the wolves see lynched, because they will be able to eat the runner up tonight, and there will always be at least one of them undetected...so far.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #340
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
The last comment (shouting "I'm an ordo, I'm an ordo!" just before the deadline could be the reaction of a seer who suddenly noticed he was a bit too open, or a reverse-psychology hint to the ranger for the same reason)~Mac
Or an ordinary innocent who knows it's no big loss if he gets lynched.

Quote:
Day2: His theory about Brinn... you can explain it as often as you like, to me, it still carries the smell of getting her to make herself look bad with a defense and then sitting back and enjoying the show.~Mac
Umm...that's not how it happened, I didn't sit back. If I did what you are suggesting why did I go back and defend her when Nogrod went after her defense?

Quote:
How is this for a wolf-strategy: Pick a villager (Lal) who isn't listened to much but who is also unlikely to get lynched quickly, and then consistently go after her. Your cases will look sensible and consistent but it will take a long while until the victim's death makes you look bad and forces you to make wrong cases against somebody new.~Mac
You should know by now, as a wolf, I have no troubles about casting the lynching, seal the deal, vote for an innocent. I don't know why I'm saying this, because you're going to say I'm using reverse psychology and Nogrod is going to say "ya that's what you want us to think" but whatever...

If I was a wolf I would have had no problems lynching Brin on Day 1, no matter what I said throughout the day, I would have had no problems doing it. Because you better believe I could come right back the next day and defend it.

Nogrod wants to see the straight forward, no outrageous conspiracy Boro...well why don't you go back and just look at the hard evidence Mac (the votes). Dump all the reverse-psychology crap and just look at it, why would (as a wolf) I not either attempt to save CoD (by voting for Brin) or vote for CoD and sacrifice him? When you look at it, it's right in front of your face, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I just knew I didn't want to vote for Brin, I didn't want to vote for CoD, I'm not going to vote for myself, so I went with my top suspect.

Edit: crossed with Lal...I hope anyone with brains can see how misleading that post is...
Quote:
Boro had me lined up from day one with no good reason, especially on day one when he actually had much better reasons to vote for Brinniel or CoD who were his co-runners for lynching.
When did I state that I had much better reasons to vote for CoD or Brin over you? I didn't buy into Mac's reasons for suspecting her, and the only time I mentioned CoD was when I said I think he's going to be the victim of a wolf bandwagon. I specifically came out and stated my reasons for suspecting you:
Quote:
Lalwende, 1 point for posting and being present, yet not giving us any sort of depth as far as her thoughts. Seems like she's got an evil secret to hide. 1 point for being careful and staying out of any sort of confrontation. .5 for referring to me as fishy, then claiming:
I don't think anyone needs to be told they weren't good reasons, but to me, they were as good as any from Day 1.

Quote:
Note that Mith's excuse that they voted at the same time doesn't wash as wolves could have planned this exit stratgy all along beforehand.
So, you're saying that during the first night, Mith, CoD, and I, set up this scheme to get two of us in trouble and then Mith chooses which one of us she wants to save? And I thought Nogrod was far fetched! Sorry Lal, but anyone who knows my wolvish habits, knows I never pre-plan going into the village...never! I wait to see how the village is acting, what things they're looking for, and then I plan.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-16-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #341
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Or an ordinary innocent who knows it's no big loss if he gets lynched.
That's the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Umm...that's not how it happened, I didn't sit back. If I did what you are suggesting why did I go back and defend her when Nogrod went after her defense?
You're right there, "sitting back" doesn't describe it correctly. You used the opportunity to make yourself look better after Brinn had been lynched. Or let's say, if you're a wolf, that's what you did. The problem is that there's always a way to interpret a thing both ways. My feeling tells me the evil way is the right one.

Quote:
You should know by now, as a wolf, I have no troubles about casting the lynching, seal the deal, vote for an innocent. I don't know why I'm saying this, because you're going to say I'm using reverse psychology and Nogrod is going to say "ya that's what you want us to think" but whatever...
Well, you will have to admit that the "If I was a wolf, this is the way I would play" argument is not the most convincing one.

Quote:
Nogrod wants to see the straight forward, no outrageous conspiracy Boro...well why don't you go back and just look at the hard evidence Mac (the votes). Dump all the reverse-psychology crap and just look at it, why would (as a wolf) I not either attempt to save CoD (by voting for Brin) or vote for CoD and sacrifice him? When you look at it, it's right in front of your face, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I just knew I didn't want to vote for Brin, I didn't want to vote for CoD, I'm not going to vote for myself, so I went with my top suspect.
I overlooked that first, and now that Mith pointed it out, it's what I'm thinking about.
You say you had absolutely no idea what you were doing. If it applies to Bordomir, it could apply to Wolf-Boromir as well...

edit: crossed with Boro's edit
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #342
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Mac, what are you thoughts on Lal?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #343
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
When did I state that I had much better reasons to vote for CoD or Brin over you? I didn't buy into Mac's reasons for suspecting her, and the only time I mentioned CoD was when I said I think he's going to be the victim of a wolf bandwagon.
You had no need to state any reasons to vote for CoD or Brinn, they were on the lynching bandwagon along with you, so only a suicidal cobbler would choose not to vote for them in that situation (and everyone would go yeah, cool, he's just saving his skin) - unless of course, like you, he had just been Saved By The Mith

[QUOTE]
Quote:
So, you're saying that during the first night, Mith, CoD, and I, set up this scheme to get two of us in trouble and then Mith chooses which one of us she wants to save?
Not a plan to get into trouble, but a rescue plan if you did

Quote:
And I thought Nogrod was far fetched! Sorry Lal, but anyone who knows my wolvish habits, knows I never pre-plan going into the village...never! I wait to see how the village is acting, what things they're looking for, and then I plan.
I keep hearing you and Mith vehemently state you Do Not Do That In Werewolf but what a perfect smoke screen to cover up for evildoing, eh?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #344
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I second that. What are your thoughts on Lal, Mac?

In fact, anyone's thoughts on Lal would be welcome. Who's played with her before? Is she normally like this? Can she have been serious about thinking she was on the menu?

And while we're waiting, I'll give you my thoughts on Mac.

Out of everyone, he does appear the most innocent– and not just because of his fortuitous Day One vote. Everything he's done since then has simply shone with purity... so much so that I fully expected him to be the one eaten last Night.

In fact so innocent does Mac appear that if he's still alive toMorrow, I suggest the Seer check him out, just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: X'd with Lal.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-16-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #345
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I keep hearing you and Mith vehemently state you Do Not Do That In Werewolf but what a perfect smoke screen to cover up for evildoing, eh?
We don't. It would be foolhardy to come up with a plan before knowing how the village is reacting.

It's interesting Lal, that for the last two days you said my Day 1 vote doesn't make me look like a wolf. I turn the pressure up on you and now I must be a wolf? Mith jumps on and thus we both must be wolves. You've completely ruled out any possibility that we're innocent.

I have to go...

++Lalwende
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #346
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, we can't accuse Boro of inconsistency, can we?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #347
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh and a couple more things, if I'm lynched, so be it...it'll be your loss.

If Lal tries any sort of fake reveal, I would ask the real gifted to not step out to save me. It wouldn't be worth it.

Lal if you're lynched and innocent, I'm sorry for being so dead wrong.

Edit: crossed with Nerwen the last 2 times.

Quote:
Well, we can't accuse Boro of inconsistency, can we?
I guess not...I've only voted for somebody 3 straight days once (Formendacil).
Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #348
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Argh.

So I was writing this summary/analysis of Fea's post, and then just when I was about to start with DAY 3, the computer decided it's the perfect time to freeze and splutter and die.

*sigh*

Enedwaith, I think she's innocent, if a bit too tactical. If that's of any help.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #349
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
To Boro:

I didn't say everyone. I suppose it is more phrasings used when making an argument. Either way, it rang bells to see "what the heck's" used two posts after I used them, in conjunction with the same person - when I don't recall seeing them before that.

I said that, because of how the two of you interacted. 'What do you think about this person'; 'I'll do this if you might do that'. It gave me the feeling of two people out picking curtains, or a new couch - not wolf hunting.

X'd with Nilp.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #350
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots

Quote:
In fact, anyone's thoughts on Lal would be welcome. Who's played with her before? Is she normally like this? Can she have been serious about thinking she was on the menu? (Nerwen)
I started thinking she may be t3h Cobbler yesterDAY, ergo, I ignored her. Although she may be a bold Wolf.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #351
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Elaborating a bit.

She is not being too helpful, getting obsessed with 'Oh, I'll be killed tomorrow!' and getting into fights and whatnot. But with only two Wolves I don't think a Lalwendë-wolf would risk doing this unless she's sure the last Wolf can win it all.

Hmm . . . maybe the Wolf-on-Wolf voting idea wasn't so bad, after all . . .
Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #352
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
It's interesting Lal, that for the last two days you said my Day 1 vote doesn't make me look like a wolf. I turn the pressure up on you and now I must be a wolf? Mith jumps on and thus we both must be wolves. You've completely ruled out any possibility that we're innocent.
I examined the possibility and likelihood of your innocence the past two days but now I have found Page 4 and read it in the light of the voting and the odd accusations. I suppose this is what happens when it gets hot, everyone gets burned

Quote:
Oh and a couple more things, if I'm lynched, so be it...it'll be your loss.

If Lal tries any sort of fake reveal, I would ask the real gifted to not step out to save me. It wouldn't be worth it.
That makes as much sense as the Push-me, Pull-you. If he goes, it's a loss, but if he goes, it's no loss? I'm reminded of what Mith said about filibustering....

Now I'm quite sure that Boro is mending the shoes Mith has torn through in her nightly transformations.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #353
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Darn what a day! (RL that is)

So an hour to go through the stuff then... *dives in*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #354
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Temporarily considered a negligible threat: Nilp, Nogrod, Mac, Shasta

Worrisome: Rikae, Nerwen, Boro, Mith, Lal

I'm barely aware they're playing: Sally, McCaber, Izzy, Fea

I'd hoped to be around between now and deadline (out of class at 12:10, deadline at 1:00), but something came up and I have to run out in a few minutes and won't be back fast enough to vote.

++MITHALWEN

Sorry, darling. You know I love you, but...
Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #355
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am only vehemently refuting absolute balderdash. I don't claim to know what the wolves think about Lal's theories but I can't see why she thinks they would be so interested in them... after all she hadn't exactly been a threat to them. Not like she had voted for a wolf or something. Of course on Planet Lalwende getting a wolf killed makes you a wolf whereas NOT doing so - makes you wolvish enemy number one. And for all her bluster you haven't answered what you were playing at by pointing out my possible "special" role. I cannot imagine a scenario in which your behaviour fits an innocent.

Oh and since you seem determined I am a wolf could you decide whether I am a stupid one who lynches a packmate completely unnecessarily or some kind of uber machiavellian one who spends her life making byzantine plans....

Nerwen if I were a wolf who wanted to silence Gwathagor why wouldn't I have jumped on Nogrod's vote for him on day 1 ? Of course becasue it would make SO much more sense for me to kill a pack mate when I have such a good record of surviving to the end as a wolf... I had to make an early vote or no vote... so much easier if I were a wolf to say "oh I hoped to get back and vote but X cropped up"... instead of saying I would be away and saying so...

Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #356
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post

++MITHALWEN

Sorry, darling. You know I love you, but...
you can't read me at all .... ah well at least I might feel it is really safe to trust Boromir now....

Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #357
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:

Oh and since you seem determined I am a wolf could you decide whether I am a stupid one who lynches a packmate completely unnecessarily or some kind of uber machiavellian one who spends her life making byzantine plans....
Page 4.

You had no option but to dive in and lynch a packmate.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #358
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro (and Nerwen)
Mac, what are you thoughts on Lal?
Not sure yet. She's the next on my list to look at closely. From the top of my head I'd say some good thoughts mixed with quite some incoherence. Can't really tell whether lupine or not. Nerwen is number two, because I have given her far too little attention so far.

Quote:
Out of everyone, he does appear the most innocent– and not just because of his fortuitous Day One vote. Everything he's done since then has simply shone with purity...
Thanks!

Quote:
so much so that I fully expected him to be the one eaten last Night.

In fact so innocent does Mac appear that if he's still alive toMorrow, I suggest the Seer check him out, just to be on the safe side.
Hey!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #359
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm debating between Nog and Sally right now.
Maybe Nilp for his initial posts of copy.

I find Lal comedic. Yes, some of the things she says are from left field; whether or not this is how you usually are - you are committed.

From her actions, she could quite honestly be anything.

Cobbler, trying to draw attention from Gifted's and make herself known to the wolves.

Gifted, using the actions as a Cobblery cover - so the chance of her being eaten at night could be smaller. Risky, since the chance of being lynched are higher.

Wolf, trying to look like a Cobbler so she isn't killed off. Wolves won't waste a night kill on a Cobbler and innocents won't waste a lynch on one; if there are better targets.

X'ed with Lal and Mac.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #360
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
So a quick recap of my opinions:

Almost guaranteed innocent:
Mac
Mith
Izzy

Probably innocent:
Boro