The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #281
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The group of campers slowly assembled. The sun was low on the horizon. Volo, looking towards the west, could see the red sun and the spreading red light through the trees and branches of the wood. The trees were dark against the red light.

“My blood will be as innocent as that light,” he said, nodding towards the sunset. “You take a step towards your own deaths if you kill me. In a moment, night’s darkness will over come you all and nothing will protect you from the remaining wolf. Won’t you reconsider?”

Lommy shivered at his words of night’s darkness. Her eyes strayed towards the red sun. “No!” she cried suddenly. “We can’t reconsider! I’m tired of this! Tired of all these deaths! Tired of being falsely accused! Tired! Tired! Tired!” Lommy apparently was tired –and stressed - for she burst into tears, like women sometimes do. Valier came towards her and gently took her in her arms and hugged her. Over her head, she nodded to Nogrod, Farael, and the Captain. The three men went forward.

“In the army, we always hung the criminals,” Nogrod said quietly as he came towards Volo. “It will work.”

Half an hour later, they cut down the unchanged body of Volo. Silently, in the falling dusk, the three men dug a grave for their companion. Lommy and Valier sat together beside a fire when they returned to camp. No one said anything. They ate a cheerless dinner.

The last bit of red sunlight disappeared, leaving the sky dark. Cruel firelight flickered on the faces of the companions. They looked at each other mutely a moment before, silently, one by one, they all crept back to their own tents.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Serenaded on Night 4
Boromir88 - Werewolf - Suffocated on Day 4
Durelin - Seer - ?? on Night 5
Volo - Innocent - Hung on Day 5

Alive

CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dśnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Thinlomien - aging homeless sot - Lothwen the Pretty, elven flowermaid
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8

Last edited by Folwren; 11-17-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #282
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Should Durelin be taken off from among the living... She's hanging in there for a second time as a ghost...

(I will delete this message after it's done if it's seen decent by the mod)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #283
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thinlomien could not sleep after she had gone to her tent. She tossed and turned in her blankets, the events of the past days and nights going through her head over and over. She tried, to no avail, to keep the horrid pictures out of the dead companions, and the different mornings they had woken up to find bodies missing or mutilated.

Deep in the night, as she lay with her face in her pillow and shivering with some unknown terror, she felt a heavy, but gentle hand fall on the back of her head. A soft voice whispered in her ear.

“Why do you fear?” it asked. Whispered hoarsely, she could not tell if it was man or woman. She made no answer, and she even held her breath. Was this – was this - ? Terror froze her mind, her voice, everything. “It won’t take long. And, it will be painless. I can’t afford being found out tonight because of any noise…Look up. Do see this?” In the cloak of darkness, Lommy could see nothing except for a pale gleam that looked like glass. “Drink this water, and you’re death will be painless. If you make a noise or a movement, I’ll kill you in a less desirable way.”

It was like a dream. Lommy, captured by her terror of this unseen enemy, reached out to take the glass of water from the beast’s hand. She didn’t care to think what other death it had in store for her if she dared to disobey.

Only four people awoke the next morning. No one said anything. They all knew the routine. They instantly knew who was missing and all walked towards Lommy’s tent.

They found her body, cold and stiff, still in her bed. A peaceful look on her face, as though she slept. They knew, though, that from this sleep, she would not wake.

Dead

JennyHallu - Club President - Bound and collated on Night 1
Folwren - Vice-President - Used for ink on Night 1
Anguirel - Innocent - Misspelled on Day 1
Rikae - Innocent - Buried alive on Night 2
Gurthang - Innocent - Fell from grace on Day 2
Rune - Cobbler - Given a permanent assignment on Night 3
Naria - Werewolf - Tuned permanently on Day 3
Diamond - Innocent - Serenaded on Night 4
Boromir88 - Werewolf - Suffocated on Day 4
Durelin - Seer - ?? on Night 5
Volo - Innocent - Hung on Day 5
Thinlomien - Innocent - Poisoned on Night 6

Alive

CaptainofDespair - Pompous Nobleman - Melneras, the Gnomish Archwizard
Farael - Heavy-metal singer - sneak
Nogrod - Retired General - Ciryatan of the Dśnedain, a one-legged Athelas vendor
Valier - Radical Hair Butcher - Elven Anoonnoon of Omicron Persieye 8

Day 6 has begun. You may now discuss and decide who to kill this evening.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #284
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I do not get the reasoning behind that kill.. that reduces the number of unknowns, rather than having four unknowns, we have one known ordo and three unknowns.

Well, not going to complain about it. Question is, who is the guilty one, CoD or Valier?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #285
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
???

Old 11-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #286
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I know I'm innocent. It's either Valier, or Farael.

I find it very interesting that Thinlomien is the one that is dead, and not Nogrod, the known innocent. Obviously, this last wolf is very confident.

Maybe Thinlomien was on to something in her recent analysis post...which makes killing Nogrod less advantageous. Or not.

I'm very confused about this...
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #287
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Important, read carefully the following.

Two votes are enough for one to get killed. So? If even one innocent gives out a vote that is for another innocent, the wolf will just pop in and make the second and it's game over for us. So the first vote must be made more than carefully! I've seen that happen (I was the one killed).

To avoid any accidents favouring the wolf it might be wise if all of you would tell us others here when you are going to be able to play toDay and when is the last time you can be online.

I for my part can drop in every once in a while about the whole Day - after I get some sleep first, pretty soon. I do have RL and need to see also for Fea's game, but will surely be available also at the deadline toDay (if it comes to that).
Old 11-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #288
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Since tomorrow is Sunday, I will be around all day, on and off as my coursework reading requires (and that won't take long). So you may count on me being around til the deadline.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #289
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well, if our fanged enemy here thought of confusing us, it really has succeeded.

This is just a weird situation... why did the wolf choose an unknown innocent and did not kill me?

I have thought of three possibilities.

1) I would think that the idea of Lommy being up to something too dangerous for the wolf could possibly be ruled out as that would be the obvious track we would start to follow. And honestly she basically said that Farael and CoD are probably innocent and Valier might be a furred one, but she had no strong points over her anyway. I just can't see Valier jumping around in panic and wishing to kill Lommy before me because of Lommy's posting. If anything, from this we might read a contrary lesson: Valier might be framed here to look guilty. But that would be a bit too clumsy.

conclusion, for now: Lommy was not killed because she suspected something or because someone wished to frame another via her thoughts.

2) A bit better candidate to my eyes is that I'm completely at loss with this (as I am, have been the whole game) and the wolf considered that I would pose a lesser threat to it toDay. So not so much Lommy being fearfully right but myself being totally lost and thence safer to play the last Day against? Adding to the above: you all remember the amount of work Lommy did yesterDay. Maybe our wolf is afraid that the devil is in the details and thence wanted Lommy out not to dig those details up? But for the wolf to actually risk letting one known innocent to remain in-game for that, the information must be mighty condemning! According to my lorebooks Valier surely is quite knowledgeable of the fact that I may also go on making detailed analysis which may be pretty nasty. I think Farael knows that too, even I'm not so sure about him. CoD I have never played with and thence he might not know it and this point could then point towards him being the culprit.

conclusion, for now: I'm not very confident about this option either: the stakes are a bit too high for this risk to be taken just on the basis of supposed playing styles.

3) The wolf feels itself so confident or is such a sporty type who wishes to make it not only winning but winning beautifully? This might not be too far-fetched if you remember what I said in my last post about the votes. Just one vote for a fellow innocent will mean death to us all if two of us can't turn the tables before the wolf gets to vote. But who could fit this description? Even though I don't know CoD from previous games I tend to doubt him being the one on the basis of this as he has been under a lot of fire in this game. Farael I'm not so sure. He feels to be more impulsive and aggressive than this cool... Valier then?

conclusion, for now: Somewhat baffled as I see this the most viable reason for killing Lommy in principle. If Boro would still be in the game (or Ang or...) I would be quite ready to call the lynching party immediately, but now...

----------------------
Well, I need to sleep on these now.

One thing I think would be useful - if anyone has time - would be a voting record for everyone for the whole game, including whom they voted, when they did it (in what situation of voting that Day) and with what kind of reasons.

Just please don't anyone vote before its absolutely necessary!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #290
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
Maybe Thinlomien was on to something in her recent analysis post...which makes killing Nogrod less advantageous. Or not.
Loomy was suspecting Volo and Valier. I'm sure you know this, and I'm sure the wolf knows it too... that's why you killed Loomy to frame Valier today, ain't it CoD?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #291
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ummmmm Ok well this is just weird. I never even gave it a second thought Nogrod that you wouldn't be killed last night(sorry, no offense) You are the only known innocent. This is confusing and I'm not quite sure I understand your theory's yet Nogrod about why Lommy was killed.
It makes me feel well....I'm not quite sure...I know that I am innocent and I know that Nogrod is innocent, so that leaves Farael and CoD. Who have I suspected for most of the game? CoD that's who. I think when he almost got lynched the Day Ang went, everyone just let him go the next day. He has been coasting through, with a sour attitude for most of the time and has shared little theory's. he just votes for people who vote for him and have any suspicion of him(namely me) with little or no real reason. I am sure it is all pure luck that he is still alive.

I will be around for most of this day on and off, so I will reread all CoD and Farael's votes, but my gut tells me it's CoD. I still want to talk this out between the four of us....perhaps you Wolfie would like to just give up?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #292
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Farael's last post makes me drop in this one thought too before I go to bed.

I have kind of looked at the three possible explanations to Lommy's death on my own point of view. But taking the example Farael provided: were I the wolf here, I would never try such a frame up against Valier as I would think that it would just be too easy to pick up and thence lead to my lynching. (Well in case I had failed in that way I could always say that it is a double bluff and someone is trying to frame me by making you believe I tried to frame Valier... ) But the question is, how would CoD think of it? Would he think of it as a good idea?

These kinds of questions we need to consider toDay, all of us.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #293
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Wow Nog your post makes my head spin.....I just can't get all these conspiracy theory's. I thought why would the wolf be so dumb as to frame me, when it would certainly look like I was being framed? And if the wolf was trying to frame me, who is it? Is it CoD, thinking we wouldn't think he was that dumb , so we would kill farael? Or is it Farael hoping that you either take the framing as real and you kill me or that you don't and kill CoD.....AAAHHHHHH!! This is making my brain hurt already! Ok I need to slow down and think about this some more.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #294
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think it's quite simple... Valier is quite experienced, thus she would have killed Nogrod, which is the safest move and it leaves absoultely no trail. By killing Loomy the wolf must have thought that he could frame Valier who was Loomy's other suspect (other than the now deceased Volo I mean).

I know I'm an ordo
I know Noggy is an ordo
I am fairly sure that Valier, should she have been a wolf, would have killed Nogrod

Thus, and taking into consideration that in any other situation Loomy's death would have reflected poorly on Valier it leads me to think that CoD is our last remaining wolf.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #295
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Interesting, Farael. You continue such direct attacks against me. Perhaps trying to frame me to get me killed once and for all? I know you relish the thought.

And I find it interesting that you seem so certain you know why Thinlomien was killed and not Nogrod.

But you leave out one crucial factor. I am smart enough to see the benefit of killing Nogrod. It makes more sense, even to me.

You could be our wolf, easily, Farael. You have wonderful little theories abour why I could be it...yet those ideas could well be taken from your own playbook.

And Valier, I will say this: I have gotten through this on being both lucky, and being a distraction. Granted, you all started that distraction. But in any case, I became a good cover for the wolves, it seems.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #296
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

See, that's what I don't like CoD... you are saying "if I was a wolf..." and yet, why should we trust you?

Why should you trust me? well, you figure that out... but I think I've proven my innocence by actions, not by speaking, unlike you my friend.

I wouldn't write Valier off just yet, only because of the whole episode with CobleRune thinking Naria the wolf a wolf and CoD an ordo (which probably lead to the death of CobleRune but if we ignore that, I'd grab my ptichfork in a moment and be done with you CoD

Yet we can't ignore it... question is, do we really know why the wolves killed Rune? after all, he was not really contributing a whole lot, which fits the MO of the wolves at the time, they were killing those that spoke little.

Did they take a chance? did they actually think that Rune was the seer because he nailed Naria? now what if CoD IS a wolf and they figured that killing Rune would exonerate whoever survived between him or Naria?

We don't know what the wolves thought, maybe they just lucked out and hadn't seen those comments... and then they ran along when Loomy brought it up.... or maybe they had it all planned out, and were waiting for someone to point it out before doing it themselves.

What's my point?

Well, while Valier seems the most logical choice, we should still do as much analysis as we can, and ultimately it is up to us.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:47 AM   #297
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, it all winds down to this... I won't be online tomorrow at all and thus I have to cast my vote and pray for the best. If I am wrong, I sure hope that the two remaining ordos will cast their vote for the wolf before s/he comes in to vote.

Now for my reasoning. Valier is the logical choice, but solely based on one episode and a series of assumptions by many of us. If it wasn't for the whole deal with Rune I wouldn't even hesitate. But then, it is a fairly logical assumption that the wolves panicked thinking Rune was the Seer.

On the other hand, I've been suspecting CoD all game long, and all he has done was defend himself. I can't recall him making any strong cases, other than his self-defence he has been tossing suspicion around lightly and going along with the flow for the most part.

Last night though was a big deal for me. Since Loomy suspected Valier I think that the wolf was trying to frame her. We could argue for a double-bluff, but I think that we ordos consistently think too much of the wolves. Nine out of ten times, they won't multiple-bluff.

I know I'm an ordo, Nogrod is an ordo too, so that leaves the one I've suspected all along

++CoD.

And if I'm wrong, then may Eru have mercy on our souls.

Best of lucks for the end of the day. I hope I haven't just condemned us all... and the worst part is that I will not know until late tomorrow night.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:30 AM   #298
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

*crosses fingers*

If CoD is innocent, the wolf has practically won. But as long as it won't come in and vote we have hope left.

If Farael himself is not our wolf who got unlucky by RL and had to vote first...

I'll be back a bit later.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #299
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. First the vote-tally from this game. Analysis of it in the next post.

Day1
Lommy --> CoD (CoD1)
Gurthang --> Anguirel (CoD1, Ang1)
Rune --> Volo (CoD1, Ang1, Volo1)
Volo --> CoD (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1)
Anguirel --> Diamond (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1)
Boromir --> Farael (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1)
CoD --> Lommy (CoD2, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Rikae --> CoD (CoD3, Ang1, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Diamond --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang2, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Durelin --> Anguirel (CoD3, Ang3, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Nogrod – Anguirel (CoD3, Ang4, Volo1, Di1, Farael1, Lommy1)
Valier – Di (CoD3, Ang3, Volo1, Di2, Farael1, Lommy1)
Farael – no vote
Naria – no vote

Rikae dead by Night

Day2
Gurthang --> Durelin (Durelin1)
Boromir --> Gurthang (Durelin1, Gurthang1)
Naria --> CoD (Durelin1, Gurthang1, CoD1)
Diamond --> Naria (Durelin1, Gurthang1, CoD1, Naria1)
Lommy --> Gurthang (Durelin1, Gurthang2, CoD1, Naria1)
Rune --> Naria (Durelin1, Gurthang2, CoD1, Naria2)
Durelin --> Gurthang (Durelin1, Gurthang3, CoD1, Naria2)
CoD --> Naria (Durelin1, Gurthang3, CoD1, Naria3)
Gurthang – [-] Durelin (Gurthang3, CoD1, Naria3)
Valier – Gurthang (Gurthang4, CoD1, Naria3)
Nogrod – Gurthang (Gurthang5, CoD1, Naria3)
Gurthang – Gurthang (Gurthang6, CoD1, Naria3)
Farael (on overtime) – Durelin (Gurthang6, CoD1, Naria3, Durelin1)
Farael – [-] Durelin, [+] CoD (Gurthang6, CoD2, Naria3)
Volo – no vote

Rune the cobbler dead by Night

Day3
Volo --> CoD (CoD1)
Di --> Naria (CoD1, Naria1)
CoD --> Naria (CoD1, Naria2)
Lommy – Naria (CoD1, Naria3)
Valier – CoD (CoD2, Naria3)
Boro – Farael (CoD2, Naria3, Farael1)
Nogrod – Farael (CoD2, Naria3, Farael2)
Durelin – Naria (CoD2, Naria4, Farael2)
Naria – no vote
Farael – no vote

Diamond dead by night

Day4
Nogrod – Boro (Boro1)
Lommy – Boro (2)
Farael – Boro (3)
CoD – Boro (4)
Valier – Boro (5)
Boro – Lommy (Boro5, Lommy1)
Volo – Boro (Boro6, Lommy1)
Durelin – Boro (Boro7, Lommy1)

Durelin the Seer dead by Night

Day5
Lommy --> Volo (Volo1)
Farael --> Volo (Volo2)
Valier --> Volo (Volo3)
CoD – Volo (Volo4)
Volo – Valier (Volo4, Valier1)
Nogrod – no vote

Lommy dead by Night
Old 11-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

triple posting...

Analysis based on the voting record.

Valier
Day1: Did not wish to break the tie between Ang and CoD. Looks innocentish as it would be too eyebrow-raising were she a wolf?
Day2: Puts Gurthang in the lead over wolf-Naria with 1-2 votes still coming (Volo had said not to be there and Farael had been away, so possibly only one vote left and thence a decider?). Could be seen as saving a pal but then again a bit too bold maybe?
Day3: Voting for CoD and thence easing the pressure on wolf-Naria by lifting CoD to the game (after her vote CoD2, Naria3). Again helping a friend but looking a bit too bold?
Day4: Couldn’t have voted otherwise...
Day5: Bandwaggoned Volo and gave the deciding vote actually lynching him.

She has not been suspected in earnest in the whole game and not voted either. Her voting record yells for a wolf, a bold and friend-helping wolf indeed. Could that be? If we think our wolf is confident, she would look like it.

Farael
Day1: No vote. Voted by Boro-wolf.
Day2: Votes overtime for Durelin and then changes to CoD. The vote not counted.
Day3: No vote. Voted by Boro-wolf (but there was no actual danger of Farael being lynched, if he’s a fellow to Boro)
Day5: Gave the second vote for Volo. Safe.

He has been heavily suspected by Boro-wolf and voted by him too, but has actually not been in great danger from it. So possibly a scheme? His voting record looks terrible (two no-votes and one overtime, one “compulsory” and one “safe” vote) and is hard to draw on. Anyhow all this eases my suspicions on him a bit.

CoD
Day1: Voted Lommy in retaliation and thence spreaded voting even though he himself was in the lead.
Day2: Voted by wolf-Naria and retaliated, putting her at level with Gurthang, above all others.
Day3: Continued against wolf-Naria, making her lead the tally with one vote.
Day5: Vote for Volo which had no meaning whatsoever anymore as Volo was already dead (Volo had voted for CoD a few times before, so from the way CoD seems to play that looks reasonable, though).

Even though I don’t approve of his reasons for voting, his relation to wolf-Naria looks not wolvish, on the contrary. So might be innocent then?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #301
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

If Farael is the wolf and will be gone as he said he will be, we might yet be saved as no wolf will be rushing in to claim victory toDay.

If CoD is a wolf the same thing will happen: no rushing in wolves to be seen toDay.

So if no one claims victory before the last moments of the Day myself and Valier need to come up with a choice between the two.

If Valier is a wolf (which I consider at the moment most likely of you three), we're dead already unless me and CoD vote her before she gets back online.

But if I'm wrong here and vote for Valier the innocent, then CoD, if wolf, will be let out from the tight spot he is now and will carry the Day and the game...

If Valier is a wolf she will come and claim victory by voting CoD. If she is not, she will come in with a complaint of the following:

In Valier's play there seems to be a pattern and a logic - albeit quite a bold one and CoD's voting Naria twice looks pretty unwolvish.

++ Valier

I'm looking worwards to you entering Valier. If you come in before CoD and do not claim victory but protest my vote, I will retract it.

CoD, if you're the wolf...

But if you CoD are innocent, remember that if Valier has already been in and wailing for my vote and not claiming victory by voting you, then she is not the wolf - and thence Farael is!

A lot depends just on who comes in the next...
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #302
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

++Valier

If only to save myself...

Edit: More thoughts to come.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 11-19-2006 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Delayed Reasoning
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #303
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Thanks CoD! You made just what I hoped you would as we have now eliminated Farael's vote and are back on the zero-point. That is best to us all.

Why so? Look at the following.

If Valier indeed is the wolf she can't come in and take her victory just by voting you as she has now gathered two votes first. So we are now secured against that possibility.

Whether CoD starts to look like the wolf, I may retract my vote on Valier and vote him instead and he might be lynched.

And we all have now time and breathing space also to consider Farael without forcefully needing to disregard him because of previous voting.

So back to the drawingboard and really considering this seriously, everyone. And let's stay careful with voting from this on. And I do hope you two stick to this seriously toDay. I will interpret quietness heavily suspicious as avoidance of discussion that would be tempting for a wolf indeed.

-------------
Remember Farael will not come and retract so his vote stays. CoD and myself may retract once and Valier has two votes left.

Farael --> CoD (CoD1) - will not be retracted
Nogrod --> Valier (CoD1, Valier1) - subject to change
CoD --> Valier (CoD1, Valier2) - changeable
Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #304
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Indeed.

If Farael is the wolf, he may have been hoping that Valier would show up to vote for me. Voting first for me would be the safe vote, and since his is non-retractable, all he needs to do is entice one person to finish the job. And he has been suspicious of me before (practically the whole game?), and has voted for me before, so it won't seem that odd to just vote CoD.

Maybe I am over-thinking all of this, but it does feel quite 'safe' to do it that way. His hastiness in voting for me feels off. Would an ordinary villagers really vote that quickly, knowing he has a non-retractable vote? Unless he was really, really sure of himself, I'm inclined to think not.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #305
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

wow I go to sleep and look what happens.....I am the wrong choice I assure you and I have no desire to die now and let the village lose to this mangy wolf. What else is there to say? If you want to lose, go ahead kill me. But come on now. Don't you want to win? There must be something else we can say or do, so that we assure a village win.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I am the wrong choice I assure you and I have no desire to die now and let the village lose to this mangy wolf. What else is there to say? If you want to lose, go ahead kill me. But come on now. Don't you want to win? There must be something else we can say or do, so that we assure a village win.
You surely know there is lots of other things to do... How about putting forwards a point or two to help us?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #307
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

*sigh* I have looked over CoD's post several times and I just can't see why he doesn't look bad to you Nogrod. He has done VERY little. His votes for Naria are not odd if he was a wolf. He has been pretty safe from getting lynched so why not set himself up as best as possible to look innocent in the end. He is a follower, he votes for people who others have suspected, and not who he truely thinks is a real baddie threat. He has just coasted. Point in case you vote for me Nogrod and just what you said would happen did. the last wolf jumped on your vote for me just 20 minutes after you voted. And wasn't it convenient that I wasn't around.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #308
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Cool off Valier...

I'm still quite ready to vote for CoD for a couple of reasons, but we had to save ourselves by giving you the two votes so that you couldn't just come in and claim your win. We couldn't be sure about your innocence as you well know.

Now we have time to think about everything again as no one can just call this a Day for her/himself...

So let's bring things forwards, we still have almost five hours to go.

EDIT: see my #303 for more of an explanation of what I have wished to be done and why.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #309
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Oh Ok Nogrod I get now why you voted. I think since the three of us are here we should try and talk this out as much as we can. I do think it is odd that Farael is not here. What if he is the last wolf and he is conveniently not here so that we don't even look towards him anymore and us three just continue to argue amongst ourselves?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #310
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

That's one thing I fear... Three innocents having a row and the villain winning even if not even participating.

We should also look at Farael.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #311
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Now Farael being the wolf would possibly give one solution to our problem why I wasn't killed but Lommy was. As you have all noticed, Farael seemingly does not read the thread too actively (understatement). So might it have escaped him what the situation was? It would sound quite awkward, but not totally implausible.

But his not reading the thread everytime and his total blunders with voting (2 non-votings and 1 overtime) could speak also in his favour. Would a wolf be so careless? In some games he would have been outed with a mod-fire already a long time ago!

His rant with Boromir looks a bit noisy to be wolf-on-wolf. Boro also voted him twice - but as should be seen: in neither case did Boro throw him seriously into harms way. So it might also be wolf-on-wolf.

More on Farael, anyone?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #312
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

I think Farael's attacks on Boromir speak more to possible wolfdom than not. Relatively few had gone after Boromir seriously, and even then he was only outed with Durelin's revelation.

Perhaps he was trying to separate himself in the event of either being found out? And on Boro's last day, their banter continued. I think dismissing Boro's ravings would be a failure on our part. In trying to confuse us he would have had to have put out who was the other wolf. And much of Boro's early mentionings were directed at Farael. Only after that did he start spreading out the confusion towards Valier, Volo, and myself.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #313
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I wouldn't count too much on what Boro ranted after being revealed. He's too experienced a wolf to play foolishly in that situation. So everything he said was meant to confuse, including those sentences that were probably true. We just have no way of judging which were false and which true...

But your point about Farael's attack on Boro seems worth noticing.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Where are you guys?

It makes no sense for me to fill this thread now! If I say something to defend the wolf it will use it against the innocent's accusations and if I say something to suspect the innocent the wolf will use it to attack that one...

I just say I'm not at all ready to vote yet as it could go anyway just now.

So talk, please. Give points and suspicions.

I'll be back about an hour before the deadline as I have some work to do (RL). Hopefully we'll get to see and say something by then.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #315
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry I've had stuff to do around my house. I'm glad you have decided to share some points CoD and you've brought up some good ones. Both Farael and CoD could have killed Lommy, because she suspect both little and this would point the blame in different directions. Boromir and Farael's interaction during the game could just be a scheme the wolves came up with to have Naria die and both remaining wolves argue and banter to make sure that at least one would survive till the end. I wouldn't put it past them, both Boromir and Farael have had experience being bad as well as Naria.

I keep worrying that Farael may just come back right before the deadline and mess with the voting to win (he still has a retraction and can we take his word that he won't be back?...kinda convenient isn't it? he can save himself if he really needs to in the end if we don't do something.) I think we three need to come together and make a unanomous vote and kill the last remaining wolf. If we all vote for Farael, he will have no chance of being able to switch the vote at the end to his favor. What do you guys think? I will be here for the last hour of the day, and I hope you both will be here too so we can come to a decision.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #316
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

We only get one retraction, right? Which means Farael used his. Though, it could throw kinks in any strategy, if his retraction did not count (as he posted after the deadline both times).

Does anyone have a clue towards how that one works?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #317
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I am pretty sure we are allowed one retraction per day and Farael voted for you CoD so he can still change his vote once today before the deadline. He can still come on moments before and change his vote.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #318
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'm back and have given this some thought. My main suspicion at the moment seems to be Farael too, but let's not be hasty - if you both have a possibility to stay this last hour. Valier, your fear will not come true. Even if Farael comes back we can still vote him over 3-1.

But we will have to think of it.

I will post my suspicions of Farel and also why I think either of you could be wolves and why not. I try to be fast and short.
(Me? Fast and short? )

Make your points if you have any. We have not much time. It would be easy to lynch Farael now as he's not with us so do not let the easiness of it overcome your judgement!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #319
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Farael has a terrible voting record and has not been around too much. But it's tough luck if someone with lots of RL going on was picked as a wolf. I'm afraid we can't use it against him anyhow as that would be bad sportsmanship. For these games to be possible we just have to take any claims towards RL troubles at face value. And if someone cheats with them let it lessen the glory they feel for their winnings.

But I'm growing less and less convinced about the row between Farael and Boromir to speak for Farael's innocence. We should also remeber that Boro's votes for Farael were never dangerous ones (they didn't actually threaten him with lynching), so they might be safeties too? And surely if one died the other would look good, as many of us (f.ex. myself and Lommy) have thought so far.

Also it's not impossible that Farael could be the one who due to inattendance to what was happening in the game (due to RL-rush) never noticed Durelin's post where I was declared innocent - or any other mentioning of it in the couple of posts that did say it aloud. So that could explain the inexplicable confusion Lommy's death brought forwards? Otherwise it's an insane decision by the wolf - as Lommy had openly said that she could only drop in one time the whole day toDay (wouldn't that have been the easisest villager for the wolf to cope?)!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #320
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Then the points on you, why I think you two might be innocents.

CoD I could come up with a host of reasons to vote.
- Boro's friendship so overdone? Why would he do it if not to play just smartly - which he can do! I'm still havin problems to believe it and that's just why I suspect it.
- Your systematic voting pattern (vote for the one that suspected you) defies analysis and with its safety calls for suspicion.
- Your appearance toDay was more than convenient. After saying you might drop in during the whole Day you effectually appeared only after something of note to you had happened - and your reason for voting for Valier was not to get rid of the wolf but to save your own neck...

But CoD's relation with Naria talks better of him.
- Your votes first brought her level with another one and the other time put her on the lead.
- Naria's random vote for you - after you had gained a lot of suspicion the Day before speaks of you the most highly!

Valier to follow...