The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #281
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kath had not found anything in her mug to make her any the wiser and it was getting late.

"It is time for me to vote, and though my thoughts have proved wrong in the past lets hope I have it right this time.

++LOMMY

My suspicions haven't changed in the last few hours, and I can't shake the feeling that there is something wrong about Lommy. My analysis of her holds more concrete reasons why."

And with that, she left.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #282
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Boromir realized that he may not have been so clear in his last post so, to clear everying up, he addressed everyone in the Inn 'When I said 'It's hard to tell because he is,...' The he, I meant was Sleepy, just in case if that wasn't clear.'
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #283
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
With a deep sigh Macalaure lifted himself off his chair.

"I think I will vote for Gil-Galad today. He seemed very tense to me, and there should be no reason to, as were doing good at the moment. Also, why did Valesse not vote for him yesterday?
Still, I'm not very happy with my vote. After all I'm not that suspicious of him, but I'm even less suspicious about the rest...

So,

++Gil-Galad"
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #284
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"My reason to think of Gil as a wolf relies mainly on what Valesse did last night. So it's not his own making, in a sense. Within the same breath, I agree with the point made by some, that his quite verbal and passionate defence was something my lorebooks stand in dark contrast to. It might be genuine and as such I could understand it very well. But for a veteran family like his is, it assuredly seems an odd difference in behaviour. And there still is the problem of Valesse last evening. Maybe she was totally baffled, tense, over-agitated, late, whatever? Out of her wits - or at least anything like a better judgement - she must have been if Gil is not a wolf. That fact I think is hard to get around. And it casts a grim shadow over Gil."

Nogrod was toying with his empty pint and tried to concentrate a bit more before going to get another one.

"The things said over our sister Lommy and brother Sleepy deserve a second look by all of us. That's what I think. And I try to think of them even this evening. But all the three can't be wolves as there is only one left - if there are no extra tricksies involved. I kinda have a bad feeling about that last possibility. Like something in my dreams before we got thrown in here would have said that there could be something like that... So there might be still a surprise awaiting even if we get the things right with normal standards."

Nogrod thought his own words for a while and then stood up, getting to the desk only to see that Volo had already left. He walked to the other side of the desk and poured himself a new pint, leaving a few coins to the counter.

"So getting it right toDay would be the best. That's why all of us still awake and present should speak out now. Together we see more than anyone of us alone, and basically there's only one wolf along to muddy the waters. Of other things we do not know and thence can't quite openly react to them. But that just to remind us..."

Nogrod was staggering somewhat as he went back to his place.

EDIT: X-talked with a burst of discussion...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #285
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

'This is the most unsure I've been so far' Boromir said surprisingly weakly and with little confidence in his voice. 'Gil's been the most suspicious one today.'

++Gil-galad
Old 09-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #286
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I've just tried to recollect things Kath said in her summary over Lommy and taken a short look of my own." Nogrod said and took a look over the remaining villagers at the bar.

"We have three votes left, brother and sister. Let's use them wisely.

Firstly and the most condemningly: she was almost too happy to go after Gil this morning. I mean it looked a bit strange, check yourselves. If she were a nervous loner-wolf, it would be understandable. Someone had made a credible case against someone else than the last remaining wolf (herself?), so that would have been all she could hope for and she was all too happy to jump the waggon - or trying to create it in the first place? This really makes me think...

Two lesser notes still.

A more experienced Lommy, taught by her grannies of several generations, might have learned her the trick of using that flip-flop as a tactics. What's better for a wolf than not having to make any points and stand behind them as everyone just waits her to contradict herself on the next speech?

Secondly her "saying sorry" about Di as pointed out by Kath. I know we all feel guilty and insecure after we have voted for another villager. Surely we don't know the outcome of our votes but just hope for the best. But who would underline that with her own vote if not the wolf?

But will these make a case over her? The first one looks bad, the others might be explained away. I still think I'm going for Gil with the kind of clear reasons in his case. I'll try to have a time for Sleepy too, but the time seems to be running out..."

Nogrod fell back to lean to the chair and took a small sip this time.

X-sipped my beer over Boro
Old 09-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #287
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Why would he urge the lynching of two wolves and get himself in this not-so-good situation?
"Well first of all that is what a fanged Nogrod would do. Two of his comrads are dead. He needs to do something. So yeah, that would be the perfect plan...he is more than capable of looking after himself without the other two's help. He knows he can do it...just a little schmoozing with the right people is all it takes. And obviously by this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Nogrod is a real genius mastermind with some really wierd strategy or then he is innocent
his plan is working .

And once again Noggy you are jumping on who is 'the most popular today game'. How incredibly evil of you, Naria said with a sarcastic giggle. Gil is by no means a threat...he never has been and maybe never will be. You mentioned something about reacting 'over-defense' in regards to my theory post. Well I wasn't talking about overly defensiveness, no I was talking about a comment...that's all just a comment. Come now Nog...you know that you can't resist when you are an ordo."

If I happen to be alive tomorrow...I will continue this discussion then...for now I will cast my vote."

++Nogrod

Oh and to the Seer...I think it would be a really good idea to have a dream about Nogrod tonight. I know I am on to something here
Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #288
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nogrod realised what had happened while he had been sipping his latest sip. He counted the votes in his head once again, trying to make it right. "Okay Gil-pal, you are lynched tonight. And I think that so far you are the best candidate.

++ Gil-Galad"

Just hope we don't have to continue this toMorrow anymore... With that he fell back to the chair once again, taking a long draught of the ale.

X-talked with Naria
Old 09-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #289
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Oh Naria. I just heard what you said but I'm not sure whether you have listened to what I have said in my turn. If we are around tomorrow, let's discuss this.

But just a short note to the ranger - sorry if you already thought of that. But be careful with your choice toNight. It will most probably be a wasted choice as the one of the last night will be killed toNight anyway (if the rules are what they have used to be so no guardianship of the same person two nights in a row - maybe you should check that out?). So think carefully, who you would like to protect the Night after the upcoming one. Sorry. No undervaluing of your thinking skills here, just a remainder if you had forgotten. I mean: If the one killed toNight is not the seer, and the wolf is still at loss, that is most important...

Just felt I had to say that one out."
Old 09-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #290
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i sure do hope my ghost comes back...

sigh... fine, end my torture here, actually i'll even help you!! the sooner you vote me off the better!

--Macalaure

++Gil-Galad

(not sure about retractable votes)

Gil-Galad - Ordinary Villager, may the villagers rest in peace at the injustice.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #291
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
also, you do know that you are leaving your discussions about whose the wolf and voting me out instead, a unnessercery side-step.

also, after my lynching i would look at everyone that voted for me, because a wolf would probably go with majority to save himself if he gets accused for voting for an innocent, then the wolf will bring up the other villagers that voted.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 09-13-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #292
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
The villagers gathered at the end of the Day to vote, their spirits fell. They knew that the probability of lynching an innocent was higher than finding the final Wolf. But they gathered to vote anyway.

When Wilwa gathered the votes, it was Gil who was to be lynched. When they looked around to find him, he had disappeared.

"Where did he go?" said an annoyed Boromir. "I want to get his body burried ASAP."

They searched the entire village. Finally, they went back to his restaurant and found him. He had put a gigantic cauldron on a giant fire and had went in himself. He had burned to death. His body was charred and full of blisters. The reason why is because he forgot to put the lid on when he got in.

The villagers walked away, utterly disgusted that one would take their own life.

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Killed himself in a pot on Day 4

Alive

Naria
Nogrod
Boro
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Night 5 starts. I need a name from teh Wolf, Ranger and Seer. Sorry once again for the lateness.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #293
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Boromir sat up in bed, startled from a dream he was having. "That's two Days in a row!" he cried exasperatedly.

He got up and went to his kitchen for a drink. It was then that he heard a deep snarl behind him.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The villagers gathered the next morning, dreading what they would find. They counted and found that Boromir had disappeared.

They walked over to his house and entered, quaking with fright. They entered and saw that the place was completely trashed. His bed was ripped to shreads, there were deep gahes in the wall.

They searched and searched the house, trying to find Boromir's body, but they couldn't.

They went out and searched the yard.

Out of no where, a sharp cry rent the air. Everyone rushed around the house to find Naria sprawled spread eagle on the ground. She had tripped on a hump in the ground.

"Wait a minute," Sleepy said slowly. "This hump of earth looks freshly dug up!" he grabbed a nearby shovel and started shovelling away the earth.

Then everyone let out a horrified scream. There in the bottom of the hole was the body of Boromir, and in his open hand lay his eyes which had been gouged out. Boromir was the village Seer.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Dead

Glirdan (mod) - Mauled to death on Night 1
Meneltarmacil (wolf) - Squished into a pancake on Day 1
JennyHallu (innocent) - Killed and her body stolen on Night 2
Diamond (innocent) - Hanged on Day 2
Valier (innocent) - Killed, ripped to pieces and hidden in her study on Night 3
Valesse (wolf) - Burned to a crisp on Day 3
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Killed himself in a pot on Day 4
Boromir (seer) - Killed, burried and eyes gouged out on Night 5

Alive

Naria
Nogrod
Sleepy Ranger
Lommy
Macalaure
Volo
Kath

Day 5 starts. Start posting.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #294
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath was awake early this morning, and though there was no one about yet to hear her words (other than wilwa), she thought she'd say them anyway.

"Well, guess it's time to go trawling back through Boro's posts for clues. We won't find the guilty one because if he'd dreamt of the final wolf before yesterDay he would have revealed, but it might give us some innocents. I must say that while it doesn't do us any good Gil being dead, I am glad that he was innocent. I'd have hated to get things that wrong. That being said, now that I'm a little more secure in my abilities again, I think I'm going to continue to keep an eye on Lommy and Sleepy.

I'll do Boro for now though, and I hope others will as well, everyone finds different things in analyses and we need all the innocents we can get! We may still be 6:1 up at the moment, but it may not last."
Old 09-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #295
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Having gone over most of the things said the past few Days Kath spoke to the still empty room. She had, however, noticed an incredible ability among the villagers to hear things while miles away, so had no qualms about putting her ideas down now.

“Alright, here is the Boro analysis I said I'd do. If I repeat myself anywhere from previous speeches I apologise but then I was looking at him as a wolf not the Seer, so I have to re-evaluate, and that means I have to go back over everything.

Boromir:
Day 1:
Post 121: Immediately suspected Menel so it is possible he’d already dreamt of him.
Post 133: Again goes against Menel quite strongly and then looks at Mac as well, though less seriously.
Post 141: Shows support for Nogrod (if he is the man from Harad). Still finding Menel most suspicious (the continued attack on him does seem to suggest Boro had dreamt of him, it’s hard to be that sure that fast). Thinks either Lommy or Naria is suspicious, the guilt of one depending on the innocence of the other.
Post 149: Finds Di suspicious for her vote and says he will want an explanation, possibly an indication of his next dream.
Post 159: Reiterates his suspicion of Menel.
Post 163: Votes Menel based on his suspicions all Day.
Post 169: Pops back up but has nothing to say.

Day 2:
Post 174: Just makes his presence known.
Post 180: Not suspicious of Mac, Nogrod, Lommy, Valier and Naria. Obviously he couldn’t have dreamt of all of those but it is possible that a dream is somewhere in there. If it’s Valier it’s of little help though. Suspected Valesse, Di, Volo, Gil, Sleepy or Kath and of course may have dreamt of Valesse, which again wouldn’t be much help now.
Post 185: The confusion over my summary, but within that seems to clear Lommy, Mac and Nogrod. Begins to suspect Naria.
Post 194: Small argument with Lommy but doesn’t offer up any suspicion of her.
Post 200: Went on to clear Gil and add Naria to his worried list. Said he’d vote Kath, Di or Valesse. He has good reasoning for me and Valesse but little behind Di, which makes me suspect she was his next dream.
Post 206: Agrees with Nogrod about keeping Kath and Lommy around. Finds Di most suspicious but thinks Valesse most likely to be a wolf.
Post 210: Votes Di because she had already been voted for while Valesse hasn’t. This makes me wonder if maybe he hadn’t dreamt of Valesse, or surely he’d have gone after her more strongly.

Day 3:
Post 218: Passes judgement on Valesse pretty strongly, I’m pretty certain he’d dreamt of her by this point. Clears Volo, but he hadn’t mentioned much suspicion of him the Day before so it seems an unlikely dream.
Post 219: Defends himself against Naria, who had jumped on him pretty harshly, just as she did with me. It seems overly bold and attention getting playing for a wolf, but it could be nerves showing through, she could be worth looking at.
Post 225: Little more arguing with Naria, absolutely clears Nogrod, so he is a possible dream too.
Post 235: Begins his attack on Valesse, got to be a dream with that level of surety.
Post 246: Defends himself against me this time and then continues his attack on Valesse, finally voting for her.
Day 4:
Post 261: Obviously didn’t dream of the wolf as he doesn’t go after anyone, also didn’t dream of Gil, but picked up the case against him anyway.
Post 263: Tells Volo a revealing Seer will be the real one.
Post 272: Clears Mac, Nogrod and Volo. Now, if he did dream of both Menel and Valesse that only leaves two dreams free, so if two of those are certainties one is not. He has reasoning for Mac, but more just feelings for Nogrod and Volo, which makes me think the latter two would be the dreams (if any of them are though, it is possible this was all just guesswork). Is ok about me but not sure, so I doubt that was a dream. Unsure about Lommy and Naria so presumably hadn’t dreamt of them. Finds Sleepy and Gil most suspicious.
Post 280: Finds Gil more suspicious than Sleepy due to his behaviour.
Post 282: Adds clarity to his previous post.
Post 285: Votes Gil with admitted unsurety.

Now, I’m assuming Boro has had four dreams, but, toDay’s narration mentioned that Boro had been disturbed from his dreams two Day’s (presumably Night’s) in a row, so is it possible that he’s only had three? Going by that worst case scenario, that means he likely only dreamt of one innocent, because I’d be pretty surprised if it turned out he hadn’t dreamt of both Menel and Valesse.

If that is the case, I’d take the final cleared list of Mac, Nogrod and Volo into question, as only one of those could definitely be innocent, and it may be that he dreamt of none of those. Out of the three I am not sure who I would believe the one dreamt of to be. It seems like it should be Volo, as Boro did such a sudden U-turn on him from one Day to the next, but the Night the dream would have been done was the Night I believe he dreamt of Valesse so I’m really not sure about that. Plus, Volo is worrying me slightly, I will look at him properly later and see if I can work out why. Boro felt Nogrod and Mac innocent from the beginning, which actually makes it unlikely he dreamt of either, though he might have to make sure.

Basically, I’m stuck. All I can figure is that he did dream of the two wolves we have lynched, did not dream of the final wolf, and dreamt of at least one innocent. Who that innocent is I really have no idea! Perhaps though that is better, as it means the wolves don’t have a specific target for toNight. On the other hand it might be worse, we still have a Ranger, and they might be next in line to die. If we lose two more innocents and neither is the one the Ranger protected he/she might have to reveal if only to get back the numbers advantage. Until then though, silence would be prudent.

Now, all this is pure speculation. I hope everyone else looks over all of Boro’s posts as well, because we might have more to go on that way.

As for my suspicions, they lie with Lommy, Volo and Naria, and I will look at all three toDay if it’s possible. Right now though I must get on with my work!"

Kath left, hoping more people would have arrived by the time she got back.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #296
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I heard you Kath!" Nogrod said, coming in as Kath was about to leave.

"You speak well my sister and I and I have had to rethink a few things meself was sure about just a moment ago. Just waitaminute..." Nogrod tried to concentrate and then finally spoke. He almost seemed sober this morning.

Boro clearly seems to offer us a Seer-list of innocents in #272, just look how the speech is made: the innocents bolded on their separate lines and the rest in-text etc. But why should he mix unknowns with the knowns and thence baffle us? So I tend to believe they are true innocents, at least for now.

That is based on the following:

One of the wolf kills were made by reason and not by a dream, but that I think very likely, and would say that Menel was the one caught without a dream. If you look at it closely, Boro's first suspicion of Menel was the third real post of the game #121 (not counting Wilva's post). So before Boro's first quite non-substantial accusation there were only a post by Menel (purely random accusation to open the game) and one by Gil ("let's eat some pancakes"). Then Boro's second post #133 consisted of a counter-rant against Menel's answer to Boro #123. Typical first posts. Then it was I and I who took to making a more serious argument over Menel in #139. And those basically were the arguments by which Menel was brought to the grave. So very possibly a death without a dream.

Your interpretation of the narration seems to me flawed. I thought
Quote:
Boromir sat up in bed, startled from a dream he was having. "That's two Days in a row!" he cried exasperatedly.
meaning that he had been tried to be killed already the last Night, which would sound very probable indeed. Anyway, I think it's quite standard stuff that there are no major hints in the narrations.

So Boro has had three dreams of innocents? I come back to my earlier question: why would he have made the post #272 in the way he made it and still include actually known and just hunched innocents in it? That would be just weird.

And at least to my eyes the choices look quite reasonable indeed. Myself, Maca, Valesse(after Volo had suspected her earlier as Boro said himself) and Volo. If you look at the game dynamics that makes sense.

Were it that way, we should be optimistic right now. It might be a game of 1/4. And the Ranger would prove to be a real help... Just think about it. And I mean it. If you others find flaws in this, let's forget my ideas, but at least now I'm quite convinced."

With that Nogrod fell to the chair, just too sober to stay awake one minute.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 AM   #297
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All Naria could do at this point was to shake her head in dismay. She begged the question to all that were present, "What part of Gil is not a threat did you not understand? For that matter...when has he ever been a threat?! Just because some of you don't like the way that he tries and sort things out 'his way' and doesn't exactly make the most sense or he doesn't word his posts the way that some would like? I tell all of you, that is absolutely no reason to off someone. He made alot of sense with his dying words and I will certainly take heed and go back to look at those who voted for him."

Naria then took a long hard stare at Nogrod and wondered about his last comment
Quote:
But just a short note to the ranger - sorry if you already thought of that. But be careful with your choice toNight. It will most probably be a wasted choice as the one of the last night will be killed toNight anyway (if the rules are what they have used to be so no guardianship of the same person two nights in a row - maybe you should check that out?). So think carefully, who you would like to protect the Night after the upcoming one. Sorry. No undervaluing of your thinking skills here, just a remainder if you had forgotten. I mean: If the one killed toNight is not the seer, and the wolf is still at loss, that is most important
"Ahem, I am a little confused by this statement. Why are you directing the Ranger? Our poor deceased Glirdy did not state that s/he could not dream of the same person two nights in a row(at least not that I can see). Yes one would assume that is the way it would go, but still there was no mention of it from him. Why not just let Glirdy decide or let that person know? You may have been wanting to look helpful, but it did not come across that way(at least to me anyway). Now I don't know if you honestly thought that Glirdy had that rule somewhere, but it almost seems to me like you didn't want to chance the Ranger maybe having the opportunity to protect that same person twice in a row and wanted to make it perfectly clear(to the ranger and maybe even Glirdan himself) that that isn't what the 'norm' is. So please clarify this for me...if you would. I just don't understand why you felt the need to slip that bit of info in right at the end of the Day."

Naria sat down in a nearby chair and opened her notebook again to have a look see at what Boro had to say.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #298
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Okay, I believe I have a consistent list of the dreams by Boro. Just check this out.

Night1: Nogrod
Night2: Maca
Night3: Valesse
Night4: Volo

Myself on Night one because I'm on the list and he seemed pretty confident with me through the game and I might make a sensible first dream; this would not the first time it happens.

Maca on Night2 because from Day2 onwards he seems consistently to clear Maca - which he didn't on Day1.

Then Valesse on Night3 because there were suspicions over her during Day2 started by Volo and Lommy to begin with, continued by Boro later - with continuos suspicions over Di and Kath. I agree with Kath: Boro would have made a stronger attempt at Valesse had he dreamt of her already on Night2 (So Maca sits right there). In the next morning he went openly against Val.

Night4 goes for Volo because there had been the suspicions of his being too knowledgeable "freshman" - and because he clears Volo on the next Day - alongside Maca and Myself.

Sounds reasonable? At least it fits like a hand in the glove."

With that Nogrod stood up and went out.

EDIT: X-talked with Naria
Old 09-15-2006, 01:59 AM   #299
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I am pretty convinced of your theory, Nogrod", Thinlómien said, "I am ready take your, Volo's and Mac's innocence for granted unless it is revealed that Naria, Kath and Sleepy are all innocent."

Thinlómien sat down. "I propose that all other villagers besides me would trust these three gentlemen for a while as it seems quite obvious they're innocent, and we would all concentrate on lunching the unsures and narrowing down the possible suspects, lynching Kath, Naria, Sleepy and me that is."

"I have no idea which of the unsures is the last wolf - only that it's not me, but that still leaves three options -, though without thinking about it - by gut-feeling and my fragile recallings - I'd say that Mr. Sleepy here is the one were looking after."

"I'm in a desperate need of apple juice. I must make a clear picture of the other three unsures in my head, because, as I said, I don't know who of them is the remaining wolf."

She eyed her fellow villagers and added: "And I guess there are some questions and accusations from yesterday I must answer."

"Two works for me today it seems. Now, Wilwa, could I please have some fresh apple juice. That could do good for my brains."
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:59 AM   #300
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Macalaure joined the others with deep sorrow carven into his face.

"Alas! Boromir is dead! And the seer was he, it is as I feared. But let us now overcome our grief and try to not let the wolf deepen our sorrow for another night.

The first question is, of course, who did Boromir dream of?

Speech 272 is an innocent list, that is clear. But I'm not sure of the way you arranged them, Nogrod. He cleared you and Volo on day 3 already, so it's unlikely he dreamt of him the next night. I'd say:

Night 1: Nogrod - that fellow can be a fearful enemy. Good thing to dream of him even before you heard anything from him
Night 2: Valesse - unless I missed something, he didn't mention her on day 1. Maybe she was a blank paper for him. At the end of day 2 he said he rather wanted Valesse dead than Diamond.
Night 3: Volo - another blank paper thing? It's possible to switch Volo and Valesse around, but that's not so important.
Night 4: Macalaure - if this is true then it was a wasted dream. He shouldn't have dreamt of somebody he already felt innocent. It's possible my day 3-stupidity suddenly looked wolvish to him and he wanted to make sure. Damn me....

The next question, who of the rest is the remaining wolf.

I feel weird about Naria. It's been quite some time since I last agreed on any of her points, however, the way she gave her points was void of all sneakiness, to me. Would a wolf be so persistent in suspecting Nogrod? Even now?

Sleepy remains a not-so-much-talking question mark. I don't seem to get any smarter on him.

Kath's analyses have been very helpful to me. I've seen a few minor faults not worthy to be mentioned, but overall they're all quite objective and unbiased. Right now I think her innocent.

Which leaves me with Lommy. She could go both ways, too.

I need more thinking of this matter."
Old 09-15-2006, 04:06 AM   #301
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Well, I'll start with myself" Thinlómien said, "after all we Elves are not that interested in mortals and their matters." She smiled.

"Now, Kath to your accusations:
Quote:
Also, again there's that contention issue of whether Lommy was trusted by the rest of the village at the time, she thinks yes, I think no.
Oromë save me, I never believed I was trusted! I just wasn't suspected. They are two very different things.

Quote:
Votes Di because she's the only suspect she can get lynched, but then takes a drink 'in memory of Di in case she's innocent'. Apologising for killing someone before their role has been discovered has often been seen as suspicious, and though this isn't technically an apology it's as close to one as you can get without actually saying sorry.
I guess there is nothing to say, but that I wished not to be harsh for Diamond. And I was so unsre about her guilty. (If you read through you will discover that though she was a suspect of mine, she was not a main suspect.) Besides, we Elves tend to respect those going to die, that weird gift of Ilúvatar's.

Quote:
Then says she will re-look at Boro, Noggie and Mac to see how important they were in Menel's lynching. But this follows the sentence saying she will leave them be because of Menel's lynching. Still, I suppose this could be typical Lommy flip-flopping.
That is typical Lommy flip-flopping; not expressing thoughts clearly and contradicting myself though I have a clear thought. I trusted Noggie, Mac and Boro in principle, but wanted to check their actions once again. I did not except to find anything incriminating; I believed I would only get a confirmation for my belief that they all played an important part in Menel-wolf's lynch. Now, this might seem flipflopperish to you too, but I can't explain it any further, so you must either take that as a normal way for me to speak and think or regard that as a suspicious. That's it.

Quote:
This is all great, it’s just that she seems to be working off and trying to argue against the summary I came up with on Day 2, which by this time was out of date already.
Believe or not, your summary didn't even cross my mind while doing that.
Quote:
Votes Kath due to edginess in her words (still looking for an explanation on that Lommy)
It was just general impression, not any specific comment. Your answers were uncharacteristically sharp and defensive. It troubled me.

Quote:
Gil and Sleepy suspicious, but without reasoning.
True, about both of them it was more a general feeling than reason. Though if you look back, Gil says some really suspicious things. (Just ask, and I'll find the quotes, but I'd rather not waste my time on it.)"

Thinlómien rose up and paced around the table. "We must get rid of one unsure today, I understand, but I'd rather not have it being me as I'm innocent. Lynch me, fellow villagers, if you will - that's not a great loss since there's only one wolf left and six innocents - but I'd recommend us to lynch the wolf instead."

The elf stablehand sat down again. "I have limited time. That's enough for a defense. Now, to more important matters. I'm probably going to do a Naria and a Kath-analysis, or at least take a closer look at them."

EDIT: xed with Macalaure
Old 09-15-2006, 04:12 AM   #302
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"All I can say is that I happen to be very confused at the moment." Said the ranger. "I'm very unsure of who is what and what is who and other things like that. Anyway, I'll trust those who our seer thought was innocent and out of the remenant." He paused again. "Well I'm ridiculously confused about the rest now."

"In my honest opinion it could be any of the rememnant. The last wolf could be any of Kath, Naria and Thinlomien. Assuming that the rest are innocent." Sleepy shot a look around the room. "Well then, I'm inclined to believe that Kath is innocent, that leaves me with just Naria and Thinlomien." The ranger paused again, slipping into thought. "Out of Naria and Thinlomien I find Thinlomien more suspicious. Maybe it's just because she seems to be trying to be too nice at times. Then again something about Naria just screams psycopathic murderer. It's a werewolf we're after though..." He then slipped back into thought. He hoped his mind would form a clearer picture later.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:21 AM   #303
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Here is the long-expected Kath-analysis from me:

On Day One she:
(147) Dashed in, voted Valesse (because she was the only one she heard to speak), apologised and dashed out. Now, this speaks good for her. I don't believe that a wolf would use her fellow wolf in such a trivial accusation and vote. If she's not lying, she did not know the situation at all, so it might have been fatal to vote Val.

On Day Two she:
(182) Made her famous summary of Day One's events. Expresses suspicion of Boro's, mine, Nogrod's and Mac's actions. Speaks of a careful coreagraphy made by the wolves.
(184) Told Naria she did put commentary in her summary. Said she was suspicous of me, Noggie and Boro based on the way Menel treated us and we treated him. Spoke of a careful coreagraphy made by the wolves. Said it's nice that Naria's taking a more active role and that more input from her would be lovely.
(198) Apologised possible confusion. Voted me because in her opinion I was surprised of being accused and imagined being in a position of trust.

On Day Three she:
(244) Explained that she did not suspect Mac. Explained her "plan"-thing. Asked me about "her being quite radically against the general opinion". Disliked Boro speaking of his innocence as a truth. Said she thought the Menel-lynch went pretty much the opposite way than I said it went, didn't know what to think of that. Explained her comment on Naria. Voted Boro because:
Quote:
It is possible that I am reacting to his tone and the way he says things, but he is the most suspicious to my mind. His posts are somehow superior and from what I can see he has barely posted toDay, with what he has said being argumentative in nature rather than helpful. To be perfectly honest what I would really like is absolute proof of his role, and bar a dream we have no way of getting that other than lynching.
On Day Four she:
(262) Jokingly suggested that she should let Noggie, Boro and Volo find the last wolf. Said she will be back later with thoughts.
(273) Analysed me, Sleepy and Gil. Summarised it as:
Quote:
“My findings therefore are that Gil is innocent, and that Lommy and Sleepy both look pretty guilty but Lommy more so. However, given my track record that probably means that we should lynch Gil and assume Lommy is innocent! . . . I just wish I could be sure of what I’m thinking.”
(281) Voted me based on her analysis.

Today she:
(294) Suggested going through Boromir's posts for hints. Says she'll keep an eye on me and Sleepy.
(295) Analysed Boro. Concluded from the narration Boro had only three dreams. Says he probably dreamed of both Menel and Valesse. Said I, Volo and Naria are suspicious."

Thinlómien took a long breath before continuing:

"And here's Naria:

On Day One she:
(122) Talked about pancakes.
(125) Talked more about pancakes. Wondered why people don't show up and regarded it as suspicious. (Glirdy had been murdered 6h before this, so there was no real hurry.) I still see this as a quite suspicious action. Or then it was provocation to speak up.
(170) Voted me the only reason being:
Quote:
"Well...might as well add another name to the pile, eh."
I think she should have had a better reasoning after following through all that had happened during the day. Even a vague suspicion.

On Day Two she:
(177) Was amused by the term Nariatic.
(183) Woke Nogrod. Said Kath did not put personal thoughts in her summary.
(188) Took her words back about there being no comments in Kath's summary. Asked Boro why he thought Kath had five suspects, disagreed with him.
Did not vote.

On Day Three she:
(217) Was unsure of Valesse, slightly positive about Gil's innocence, willing to keep an eye on Kath, baffled by Nogrod (because he was not taking the bull by the horns as usual in her opinion), did not understand Boromir (said he wanted always to make a point but always reiterated himself), thought Sleepy was hiding something and I too trusting, named Mac her prime supect (because:
Quote:
mainly for your banterings where you seem to know a little too much on how werewolved woud/should act f.ex. "having fun" when they kill. I mean sure they might(and most likely do),but who in Arda would come right out and say that...that post sounds like you are bragging and trying to see if you can get away with it
) and said Volo seemed strange, like he was guided.
(221) Was not impressed by Boro's sarcasm. Expressed suspicion of Gil because he said:
Quote:
wow... there goes my suspicons... do you know that the werewolves have either saved me or condemned me, because if i wanted to vote valier i wouldn't have killed her as a werewolf... very paradoxing eh?
(That was in fact one of the susspicious statements by Gil I mentioned before.)
(238) Voted Mac.

On Day Four she:
(274) Found me, Kath, Mac and Boro innocent, says she never suspected any of us. (But what did she say in 217? Slightly contradicting, or not? Check: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=217). Found Gil mildly suspicious because "some things he has said". Suspected Sleepy, for being flip-floppy and being "dodgy with queries that come his way". Said Nogrod is the most suspicious, because in her opinion he was continuously biased towards each day's main supect and he's too sure of Boro's innocence and after he had said Valier's a great asset she was murdered. Not very great reasoning in my opinion.
(287) Voted Nogrod based on the reasons above.

Today she:
(297) Was dismayed of Gil's lynch and said she would take a good look at those who voted him. (Though she thought him mildly suspicious the day before. Flip-flopping, I say. It's so easy to be wise afterwards.)"

Thinlómien took some applejuice for herself seeing that Wilwa was not present. Sipping it, she opened her mouth again. "Kath looks pretty innocent to me, though I can't help wondering that she never joins bandwagons and always has a not-very-popular-suspect. (Means someone who is not about to get lynched.) I've heard tales of wolves who act exactly like this, and less of innocents."

She lowered her cup and looked at the depths of it. "Naria, in the other hand, looks quite bad. She flip-flops more than I do, has no sound reasoning and changes her suspects almost daily. (Except Nogrod.) I think she might be the one I'm going to vote today."

"Sleepy's suspicious to me too. He purposefully raises a veil of mystery between him and the others by not sharing his suspects though he has them etc. and I find this quite worrying. Had someone else behaved like that, he surely would have been lynched already. Besides, I have a feeling our remaining wolf is a he."

Thinlómien took a long gulp from her cup. "I must vote soon. It is Sleepy or Naria."

xed with Sleepy
Old 09-15-2006, 05:45 AM   #304
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"My books of general lore tell me that the members of the Sleepious Family are fond of being mysterious, so that might be normal. Besides, my most convincing argument against Sleepy is probably the he-argument. He is difficult to have a grasp of or make a picture about. So, Sleepy, please be open and share you thoughts that no one else has to judge you based on such limited information you've given this far."

Thinlómien the Elf emptied her cup. "I hold Sleepy and Naria equally suspicious, but as my feeling of Naria being suspicious is more based on arguments and Sleepy on feelings, I will be rational and vote

++NARIA

I do not imagine to have guts like Valier's, so it trust my wits (though they aren't that wonderful either)."

Thinlómien cast an amused look at Nogrod and especially at Kath, and giggled mischeviously, before she said: "Naria, if you're not a wolf, but a fellow victim, I apologise for trusting my wits more than my guts."

She left the inn.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #305
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"I just took a look at the people who voted Gil yesterday and those who didn't:

1) Gil -> Mac
2) Lommy -> Gil
3) Sleepy -> Kath
4) Volo -> Sleepy
5) Kath -> Lommy
6) Mac -> Gil(2)
7) Boro -> Gil(3)
8) Naria -> Nogrod
9) Nogrod -> Gil(4)

Unfortunately, all those ghastly Gil-waggoners are now proven innocent, so I don't think we can make much of Lommy's vote for him. They all shared the reason "I don't think he's sooo suspicious, but I have no one better".
Looking at the other votes, Volo is proven innocent, Sleepy's looks bad because of the reason, Kath's and Naria's were backed by reasons.

I'm afraid this doesn't really help...

One thing that caught my eye:
The wolf chose the same victim the last two days. Did s/he choose Boromir because s/he thought he was generally dangerous to him/her, or because s/he already suspected him of being the seer. I would suspect the latter. If so, then there's one thing the wolf wouldn't want the seer to do on his last day: leave obvious hints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger, yesterday
I'd like to ask the seer to leave clues in any manner they deem safe. Just something for us to build on in case the wolf does get lucky.
If my thoughts are correct, then Sleepy would be a mad wolf, or none at all."

With a deep sigh Macalaure sat down.

"Would anybody tell me whom to vote for today? I'm at one hell of a loss..."
Old 09-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Lommy wait!" Nogrod cried for the elf and pulled quickly inside the bar.

Sorry brothers and sisters, I'm in a hurry, Lommy is already going... we have an adventure but will be back, later on Day6. Sorry.

But I would have to vote. I share the angst with many that have spoken toDay. There seems to be not a lot of good cases and I haven't time to go through things at this hour. But I'll vote and give a reason for it. That's a principle of mine."

Nogrod seemed to think for a second and then said.

++ Naria

I don't like this as it's already a second vote for her and given in haste. But there are things I can say about her I can't of the other three unknowns.

- I agree with Maca that I've an odd feeling about her, hardly agreeing with anything she says.

- Lommy's analysis showed her off pretty bad.

- It looks like she's intent of getting me killed with whatever way possible and at least in her first speech toDay she tried to pull our attention out of the important questions (do we actually have three innocents or not) to blaming Gil-voters and pointing at my care for the ranger (and her accusation, if it was one, I admit I didn't quite get).

All this counted, it might look like she is trying to twist our ways. Trying to prevent us from succeeding. The thought from earlier on passes my mind: what if this has to do with the possible trickery we were forewarned of? A cobbler might act just like that: being able to be bolder than a wolf but still thriving to the same end?

Not so much wits but guts and imaginative theory here... Sorry, but I can't do better at the moment.

I hope to see as many of you alive toMorrow evening!"

With that he ran out from the bar and went after Lommy.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #307
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

After Naria had gone over her notes she lifted her head and began to speak, hoping that her findings would make sense. "This is my take on who Boro dreamt of and some explanations." She continued, "Boro's first dream went to Menel. He was on Menel's case all day without waiver. He even states this in post 159 then Boro votes for him.

The second dream was, I believe, an ordo. Boro didn't seem to have anything concrete like he did with Menel. He went afterDi and then voted for her...a now known innocent....so he must have dreamt of an ordo to not know who to go for. I just couldn't pick out who he could have dreamt of.

The third dream wasValesse....it became pretty obvious after I went back and read this
Quote:
Boromir turned his attention to Valesse, 'My dear Valesse, be prepared, for the searcher of death will come down on thee today
He then sticks with his dream all day and warns her again here
Quote:
like I said Valesse, be prepared...I hope you are.'
Pretty strong words if he didn't dream of her...wouldn't you think? Boro continues his pursuit of Valesse much like he did with Menel and then votes for her.

The fourth dream was an ordo...Kath maybe? I say that because of this statement from Boro
Quote:
'I feel better about Kath than I did a few days ago. I ask Kath that you don't go away and that you contribute in whatever ways you can. Your input is needed, I assure you
. Again he had no clear picture of who to go after on this day, obviously, he went after an innocent Gil and then voted for him. Now post 272 is where everything got a whole lot more interesting. He clearly states that he feels safe about Mac, Nog and Volo...that never really made me feel safe about them though. Boro states that
Quote:
'I've wondered what's been the suspicion brewing around Mac has been about. I catch no evil wolf intent. He did strongly stir suspicions against Menel, he started the voting of Menel, he's been just as helpful as anyone. I really don't understand Sleepy's reasoning, or anyone else's as far as why Mac is a wolf. To me there are several more noticeable wolf probabilities.'
and then this about Volo
Quote:
'Volo, started voting with Valesse yesterday (and I believe he was really the first one that started suspecting her), I said he seemed innocent to me, now he's got a wolf lynch under his belt. Much like Mac, I catch no evil intent
He seems to be trying to tell us that he doesn't want us to waste our time on these two. I don't believe that any of these three were a Boro dream. I think there playing style was satisfying for Boro so he felt no need to go after them. Then there is this
Quote:
'If Nogrod's a wolf, he would be the greatest back-stabbing, yet brilliant wolf to have ever been cursed.
Boro says IF Nogrod's a wolf...pretty much telling us that he doesn't know what role Noggy has, so in turn did not dream of him yet. I ask you to think about this for a moment...if Boro had dreamt of Nogrod and found him to be innocent, why would he make such a comment towards him?"

Naria found herself to be getting quite hungry and asked Wilwa for a bite to eat and a drink. She then sat back down in the same chair and waited.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #308
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Volo was really confused today, tomorrow, if we didn't hang the wolf, there would be only four honest friends around... He wasn't feeling like thinking, the seer had been murdered, Boromir had been a great guy... Volo was sulking and getting drunk also today.

Only in the evening did he even enter the inn, but like Kath had pointed out, Volo knew already all that was said.

"If I'll survive this night, I promise not to get drunk. Or at least on mondays... "I can't think of much now, I think I'll just agree with Lommy about Naria... But not yet..."
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #309
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

"Since I must depart I shall vote. I believe that Naria has been quite suspicious and things people have said have influenced my decision. My vote will be

++Naria

due to the lack of a better candidate." The ranger bowed. He lit his pipe as he left the Inn things had been hard lately but he hoped in his heart that they would make it out of this.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #310
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wilwa gave Lommy some freshly squeezed apple juice, and made a small meal for Naria. Everyone was very upset over the loss of their seer, and the death made Wilwa very weary.

Could they still make it through this? She thought as people handed her their votes.

(2 hours and 10 minutes left. Good luck villagers!)
Old 09-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #311
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lommy Elf
She flip-flops more than I do, has no sound reasoning and changes her suspects almost daily. (Except Nogrod.
Naria found this statement to be quite humorous, "More flip-floppy than you dear Elf? I think not...in fact could any one be more flippy than you? My lore-books say that your ancestors are so floppy with the flipping that one could swear you were a bunch of fish out of water in another life time. I had mild suspicion in regards to Gil...hardly enough to condemn him for anything and hardly enough to cast a vote for him. And yes, except Nogrod...I have a really bad feeling about him and with every passing post he makes, that feeling gets stronger. I have tried to explain it to everyone and don't know any other way to convey my suspicions of him than I already have. You say I have no sound reasoning and change my mind every day. Well all I have to say to that is...what kind of reasoning are you looking for? And what is sound to you? I have done really good in this village in the way of participating and that says alot considering my forefathers weren't too apt.

She addressedNog next, even though he wasn't around. This is the kind of thing I am talking about
Quote:
The thought from earlier on passes my mind: what if this has to do with the possible trickery we were forewarned of? A cobbler might act just like that: being able to be bolder than a wolf but still thriving to the same end
I for one had forgotten about the little "surprise" Glirdy said he may or may not do. I am assuming that one would receive a message from beyond about this cobbler role...would they not? I have not.

Funny though how he remembered and then proceeded to remind us of it. I am no cobbler nor a wolf!! If I die toDay , I beg from the remaining villagers to look at what I have said about Boro's posts and what I have said about that stinky Nogrod.

Naria hoped that she wouldn't die this day, but everyone had been so blinded by Nogrod's words that it looked like she stood no chance to see another Day. So she sat and awaited her fate.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #312
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"The deadline is rushing near and this village is frighteningly quiet. Please, people, speak up! We're not getting any smarter with everybody just thinking for himself.

Right now, we have one wolf, three known innocents (though Naria will disagree on this - and on who) and three 'unknown' innocents.

Unless Naria is right and we interpreted Boro's hints wrong, which I don't think, then out of Lommy, Sleepy, Kath and Naria, one is a wolf. As it seems to me, the problem is that none of the four really looks all that suspicious after all.
Kath is quite trusted by most. Sleepy is an unknown, but doesn't shout wolf. Lommy is a little shady, but contributes in a very good way. Naria is very strange, but not in a wolvish way.
Is this the reason of the quietness? Because nobody really knows whom to pick? Shall we now lynch the one who seems less un-wolvish?

I am no wiser.

As the votes are going right now, it's looking like Naria will leave us today. I admit she's probably the one which is least un-wolvish to me, too."
Old 09-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #313
Volo

"A double-lynch would bring near-sure victory to the survivors. That would mean lynching an innocent, but this really looks bad, if we don't lynch the wolf. I guess my own talk sounds wolfish... But if three of us vote for Sleepy and one for anybody exept Sleepy or Naria, we get rid of the main suspects. Next day, I would go against Lommy, if neither Sleepy, nor Naria are wolves. I just don't feel that I'll live any longer. I do hope the wolf is Naria... Sorry, but when my own skin is in danger, I take heavier means to live. Just be sure that Naria doesn't get four votes on Sleepy, I'll vote the last, if needed."

Being drunk makes men violent, that is known to all. Volo wasn't an exeption.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #314
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria looked at Volo with an odd expression on her face, "What the....how are you in danger toDay? And oh yeah, there are no double lynches."
Old 09-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #315
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"You won't get a double lynching with Master Glirdan in charge.

If we had double lynchings the innocents would win: We could kill off two 'unknown' innocents today and two tomorrow, while the wolf could only kill one known innocent in between.

Naria, Volo, Kath and me are left to vote."
Old 09-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #316
Volo

"So, there goes that hope... What a pity. I think I'll give up for today, here's my vote:

++Sleepy Ranger."

Volo stumbled back home to have his last meal, for himself, Nogrod or Mac.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #317
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"So the only possible lynchees today are Naria and Sleepy. Of the two, I think Naria is less un-wolvish. Since I don't think any more points will be brought up,

++Naria

I'm sorry if I'm wrong..."
Old 09-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #318
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria closed her arms together and sighed a heavy sigh. She looked at the people around her and with heavy heart said, "I have enjoyed being in this village with all of you...well, except a few hairy critters. I understand your decision as you are all very confused, I just wished you could have understood where I am coming from in regards to Noggy."

++Nogrod
Old 09-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #319
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"I know where you're coming from, and it would seem like wisdom but for the names that Boro gave us. I suspected him before as well."
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #320
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"See that's just my point. Yes Boro had names on his innocent list, but those are just people that he felt were innocent not necessarily people that he had dreamt of and thus cleared. There were no indications in his posting that these people on his list were entirely cleared and innocent."